Just wanted to let everyone know I've been working on a new post that I will have up and posted 2 morrow. I hope you all are still with me and things will be up to speed I hope after this post though we will be on an every other week DM post cycle for now.
So look for the post and hope it wraps the past up also any questions asked I'll answer in the Q/A after I get the new post up.
And just like that we are back to the future curtesy of one dragon-delorean.
I took over Lothor and joined Trilogy just a few posts before the castle crashed and we were blasted into the past so I really don't know much about what we are now returning to. I have a few questions about the current situation we have returned to.
1. Do the people on the ground know our role in taking down the castle?
2. Speaking of the people on the ground, who is in charge and what is our relationship to them?
3. Other then talking to whoever is in charge, what exactly do we need to do now? We seemed to know we needed to get back to the present/future, but why? What do we need to do now?
I apologize to all but mostly Nomad for the long wait in answering the below asked questions. Though some may seem as of now irrelavent I still answered the ones I felt you all would have found out through discussions with Allanan.
1)*Does he still think we need to kill it? Unsure but he is willing to go along with the Dragon’s plan as it allows them to leave here without a battle
2) *What does he know about this thing? Pretty much nothing except for the fact that Loki created her and based the other dragons off her. She mystioursly disapeared shortly before the first of the new dragons appreared and was never seen again. Rumor says that Loki destroyed her in envy yet you now know that to be false
3) *Did he know it was here when he sent us here? No he was taken totally by surprise and thats how he ended up semi-trapped/captured.
4) *Does he know anything about he beholders? No, see above
5) *Is there any other way to get back to our time? Rip out her heart and use her magic. However with more research he may be able to find another source of magic or create an item to do so
6) *What will loosing this thing into the world do to the future? Again unknown
7) *What would he suggest? Cross fingers and for now trust her
8 ) *How was he caught? See above question 3
9) *How did he get down here to be caught? he sent a wizard eye spell and it located the cavarn. However it located another part without the beholders but sensing the magic was located here he teleported himself to this spot
1. Do the people on the ground know our role in taking down the castle? Not as of yet only the Generals who sent you on the mission have any idea
2. Speaking of the people on the ground, who is in charge and what is our relationship to them? A number of different Kings and Generals from different countries trying to work together. Each has a sixable force of troops. Overall in command is the King of Shan’Tara
Posted on 2018-06-06 at 01:19:41.
Edited on 2018-06-06 at 01:22:43 by TannTalas
You think you have a good plan. You think everything is going to be all right. And what happens? You blow up half the planet. "But we didn't mean to do it!" you say. Sure, you didn't mean to do it. You were just worried about saving your own sorry hide. Well, ok, and saving the rest of the world while you were at it. But the idea had been to save the world, not crush the center of the world into a death filled crater of doom. That wasn't part of the plan, was it?
So, uhm, what do we tell the people in the keep? We probably need some history books. But we need them without others knowing that we are clueless about the past. And this doesn't really tell us where the dragon is now. Has the big-bad in this story changed? I guess I need to go back to the beginning of the story a bit, but is the world the same just with a pit in the middle of it? And Roan's home is gone - but he isn't. So, the ol' paradox of going back into the past and killing your parents doesn't seem to have happened. Or given the time frame, it would have been his several-times-great grandparents, but the idea remains.
We start by getting infromation, I suppose.
Nobody in the castle knows we went back to the past.
And I'm still not quite sure what our next objective would have been if we had come back and the world hadn't changed.
Only we know that we traveled to the past. We can either try to sneak around, act like nothign weird happened and find the info on the current situation or in our report to the gathered kings we tell the truth. They could then tell us the current situation. If we go witht the first option we need some plausible explaination for how we defeated the dark forces and brought huge air elementals to blow away to falling city. I vote for the second option.
I agree with Keeper and have Cor and Ulthok report. We tell the tale and let them hear of the change in history. We can then use the castle great libraries and scholars to catch up on history. We can't go back and change thing back, something will always be changed.
Cor and Ulthok will need to take Allanan with them so he can learn for the fate of the sword and the one that said she was his daughter.
We should all post in character how we are watching for changes so we can learn more.
I agree with telling the truth. It does make me wonder again what role the dragon currently plays in the world, but there is only one way to find out. Since you mentioned Cor and Ulthok going to report does that mean the rest of us are free to go and explore/research? A library isn't likely Lothor's normal abode, but he could try and find one and read up a bit while you go and tell the kings what we have been up to. He could talk to other warriors, but somehow that doesn't seem as useful when looking up information on something that happened hundreds of years ago. But they will be talkative about recent events. He could probably get information about the current situation, which might tell him how things have changed. But someone or two should go to the library.
So it's time to reread to last posts from July and get things moving again.
Ulthok and Cor need to report, Ulthok and Valene also need to raise Peri.
I'll get to some posts soon, just to get the story back in my mind.
Sorry I pooped out on all of you. I was having difficulty at work and last month I lost my job. Been looking for a new one and feeling sorry for myself. Also I had issues with my health from the stress at work. I had reported to six different bosses in less than three years. I never got the support I needed to run my department. So losing that job is not the worst thing to happen, just need to get money rolling in again. I also realized that I was wasting too much time on FB when I should be wasting it here..lol.
Hope to have a post up by the end of week just to bring Ulthok back into the current story line as the party moves through the city.