A character can see another character making movements and saying words so they could assume that the character is in the process of casting a spell. But they are not likely to sense or feel the magic being called. It could just as easily be a fake, like someone pocking their finger in their pocket to try to make it look like they have a gun in the pocket.
Now a mage is more in tune to the power of magic and may feel the use of magic around them, even may be able to sense if it is offensive or deffensive power. But not always, so that is why we use the "Detect Magic" spell. Cleverly crafted magic may be setup so it is hard to detect without the aid of the spell. Traps, hidden doors, special armor and stuff like that may need to be detected.
The look on a caster's face, thier body posture and hands can clue to the type of magic. Tense angry looks as opposed to soft gentle gestures, that sort of thing. But it isn'rt always that easy. High level mage might be able fry you with lightening bolt with flick of the wrist and smile on their face.
If sirene was with us she'd have sensed allanan's magic too.
Just wanted to let you all know I am working on a post as I write this. This week has been crazy on me concluding with me possibly breaking my pinkie toe this afternoon. No I have not gone to the er, no I am not planing too, at least for a few more days. It may just be sprained not broken so nothing they could do anyway. I will have the new post up 2 morrow or Monday at the latest I pinkie swear
Keeper is right, just tape those two toes together for a week of so. Keep as much weight off it as you can. If it is broke it will heal straight and if it is spranded it needed the rest for the swelling and inflamation to go down.
But that should not stop you from posting unless you type with your feet.
BTW I guess mashing your little toes give a whole new meaning to "Pinky Swear"......
Posted on 2019-03-24 at 15:29:06.
Edited on 2019-03-24 at 15:30:40 by Odyson
I had to do that too with one of my toes. uncomfortable but it did the job and i was able to walk on it. Sadly my toe that was injured was the one right next to my big toe.. so it was harder to keep pressure off of it then it would be your little toe Tann.
So, there doesnt seem much for Lothor to write about. He and Selene head to the fortress to meet up with the group. They keep an eye out for the magic presence. What else is there?
As for the other group - some questions: (For the group, not necessarily for Tann to need to answer)
1. What do we actually know about Majestic? She predates my time playing Lothor. Are we confident she is good?
2. If Majestic has been around for the last thousand years and is a Queen of Dragons surely she knows something more of Karantha. Asking her for information does not seem to violate the promise to say nothing.
3. Didn't she say that the great evil we need to deal with was - oh, whatever the bad guy who wanted the sword was called. She was still talking about the original story line of this game, not the new curveball of a dragon god. Do we just go back to the old story and ignore the new thing until forced to?
4. The thing following us - is it actually following us? If so, can we set a trap? Hard when we don't know what it is.
So, Rayden wont really trust anyone at face value. She takes her lead from Brutus and Dragon's character.. Mostly though she trusts her instincts. I do have a post in the works but I've hit some personal road blocks that I am trying to deal with so i should hopefully have a small ish post up by tonight hopefully
1. What do we actually know about Majestic? She predates my time playing Lothor. Are we confident she is good? Party met her briefly best one to ask would be Allanan
2. If Majestic has been around for the last thousand years and is a Queen of Dragons surely she knows something more of Karantha. Asking her for information does not seem to violate the promise to say nothing. Post asking her any questions in game, pretty sure she’ll answer you.
3. Didn't she say that the great evil we need to deal with was - oh, whatever the bad guy who wanted the sword was called. She was still talking about the original story line of this game, not the new curveball of a dragon god. Do we just go back to the old story and ignore the new thing until forced to? That depends on the party as a whole. But yes Karza your sword bad guy, is who she is refering too, perhaps she thinks he is a bigger threat Kakaranatha?
4. The thing following us - is it actually following us? If so, can we set a trap? Hard when we don't know what it is. Not sure, could be an invisible creature, could be just paranoia, could be something else.
@Dragon-Soul I apologize to you and Silent as I know it has been slow for your characters to get started. However here before you is the Queen of all good Dragons and like Nomad asked above good time to ask her if she knows anything about Kakaranatha, about the death of your father, and if she realizes the new “Dragon Goddess” is evil.
Also a map of the Trilogy world is on the very first page of the game thread.
Real Life first ok. Don't feel like you'll disappoint me if you don't get a post in I promise you won't. Trilogy in the end is a game and should never be placed over family, health, or the real world. I'll still love you
Found that Valene still carried a magic dragon's scale from Majestic. Not sure how it would be useful to Valene so writing to have try to return it. If Majestic wants Valene to keep it we will need to figure out how it can help Valene. Is it a one time use or does it rediate magic to enhance Valene's casting. It may have several one time uses.
I found this in the back story on page 254 were Astrid wrote about how Valene rejoined the partyin the tower.
For those interested, Majestic first appeared in the story on page 237. This was just before Allanan sent us to the islands to find the tower.
Also found that Allanan had given Ulthok a magic clear gem so he could find them. Ulthok still has it so I posted him asking Allanan if he wants it back.
Posted on 2019-03-31 at 15:42:43.
Edited on 2019-03-31 at 16:11:00 by Odyson