No problem, the laptop I switched to is now acting up. It was older, but free. It run Win 7, my older - older laptop still runs XP. For some reason the Windows Help screen keep popping up and the touch pad quit working.
I don't know if I got virus or if it is mechanical.
So it is off to the basement desk top for a while.
Dragon..your character can do what even you want them to do. They will just have to live with what happens. That is what makes roll playing. Sometimes good things happen sometimes bad things happen. We just deal with it.
BTW..fired up the old XP laptop, Ijust don't have my most recent posting stuff on it. I'll have to rebuild from what I actually posted.
Tann - did you mean we should post questions here to get the info needed to write our posts? Lothor wouldn't have the first clue about what choice to make as he is lacking critical information. So let me start with a few key questions.
1. Is the second option Kkazad-Dummay? (As opposed to Erebor?) I know you aren't a direct copy of Lord of the Rings, but there are some similarities. What do we know about it? (If there is info on page 1 I can go back and read it.)
2. Were in Kkazad-Dummay do we need to go? Just "the forges"?
3. How certain are Allanan and his daughter that the dwarves option will work?
4. Who would go with us? Allanan? His daughter? The dwarven army? A dwarf?
5. Would the entourage be the same whether we go to K-D or C-U?
6. Who gets to make this call? We are the players, but we are sitting in a room filled with kings.
These are just to start. If C-U is a suicide mission then almost anything else seems like a better option. Unless, of course, it isn't.
As I was answering your questions to post them here Nomad, I realized that these were the exact questions that needed to be asked in game play by Lothor or any of the party. So ask in game and they shall be answered However I can answer 5, 6 here.
5. Would the entourage be the same whether we go to K-D or C-U? No the current party going to Kazad-Dum would be a total of 6 players, Valene(NPC) and 1 more NPC. Total of 8 characters not counting Peri or Frag. Going straight to Cirath Ungol would be 6 players and Valene(NPC) so a total of 7 characters again not counting Peri or Frag.
6. Who gets to make this call? We are the players, but we are sitting in a room filled with kings. That choice is up to you, the Character/Players. They will not make the choice for you, Kings or not.
My apologies Nomad I see that you indeed posted these questions LAST Monday with everything going on I missed it.
I have failed you and the other players by not paying more attention to things that need to be dealt with, like redoing the memorized spell lists for everyone that has them. ~sigh~ Starting to wonder if it's a memory issue, something worse, or me just being lazy.
So once more my apologies to all for my ever increasing bad DM habits.
Just so you know, the dwarf spelled it KKhazzad-Dummay the first time he mentioned it. . .
The one thing I think we need to know first - do we know anything at all about this place? I know you don't directly copy Lord of the Rings, but is it Moria? Is it an abandoned old dwarf homeland? Are there legends about what it contains? Yes, I can ask the dwarf about it, but I think everyone in Middle Earth knew what Moria was.