The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: TannTalas, Keeper of Dragons
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Free form RPGs --> Fantasy RPGs --> The Killing Instincts: Of Man and Magic
GM for this game: PrincessAli
Players for this game: Shield Wolf, sunow4, Digdagdeg
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in The Killing Instincts: Of Man and Magic
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


Go away

Kari-Bliss looked up at him and sniffed again, then looked away. "Lea'me alone. You don't really care anyway." She curled up tighter, trying to ignore the bird on her couch.


Posted on 2010-08-09 at 22:28:12.

sunow4
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 7/1
150 Posts


Stopped

Faroak ran as fast as he could in his cat form following Bran he wasn't far behind when he saw Kari-Bliss and Bran go through the door. He quickened his pace but he was to late and the door already shut. He tried to listen to the conversation inside with his heightened hearing. So far he had heard nothing.


Posted on 2010-08-10 at 14:37:05.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


ca-caw

Bran, still in crow form, dropped down on the arm of the couch and cawed again. He resisted the urge to shift back for several reasons. First off he knew he had been followed, and the cat would be listening, secondly he knew shifting back would leave him breathless and weak, and he had left his cane when he came after her.


Posted on 2010-08-10 at 16:16:18.

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


Overstepping boundaries?

"Bran, just leave..." Kari-Bliss looked up, teary-eyed, and put a hand gently on the crow's back, then slipped her other on to his feet and pulled him down into her lap, "I'll just get in all of your ways... And like faroak said, I should leave."


Posted on 2010-08-10 at 22:06:03.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


caw again

Bran shook his feathered head and let out a short sigh that sounded more like a chirp. He surely couldn't shift back now, not sitting in her lap as he was now. He couldn't talk to her in this form though, not like they surely needed to.


Posted on 2010-08-10 at 22:38:52.

sunow4
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 7/1
150 Posts


I heard that distinctly

Faroak sat waiting for someone to speak in the house. He was getting ready to search for a way in when he heard Kari-bliss' voice very distinctly.

'Maybe I should leave...' he thought. He didn't want her to. He didn't want to ay what he did earlier. He just didn't like her attitude. He didn't want her to hate herself.

Faroak decided it was time to do something about it. He stood up on his hind legs an but his paws on the door. He started scratching it repeatedly and waited for an answer.


Posted on 2010-08-10 at 22:43:59.

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


Shoo

Kari-Bliss ignored the door and released Bran. putting him on the cushion beside her and recurling up, her back to him.

"Make that idiot cat get off my door or I'm gonna shoot him."


Posted on 2010-08-11 at 22:44:51.

sunow4
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 7/1
150 Posts


I'll eat you Bran

He heard Kari-Bliss' voice break the silence. He heard her say something about shooting.

'Try it and I'll eat Bran,' he thought jokingly in his head.

He walked away from the door obeying her wish. He ran around the side of the house and climbed up crates and boxes until he reached the roof. He jumped up and looked for a point of entry. About 10 feet across the roof he saw a chimney.

'Hopefully it's not blocked off," he thought. He trotted over to the chimney and stood on the edge. He looked down and saw a patch of light near the bottom. The hole was just big enough for a small person.

Faroak backed away from the chimney and transformed back into a human. He sat down for a moment, regaining his humanity. He walked over to the chimney and climbed in slowly. He started to shimmy down the inside walls. He made it about half-way down when his strength began to give. His hand slipped and he tumbled down the chimney.

"Ah ****!" Faroak yelled. His yell echoed up, down and out of the chimney and he landed on his back on the floor of Kari-Bliss' living room covered in ash.

"The world is against me today," he mumbled.

(OOC: I didn't really type a cuss word. I just typed asterisks in each letters place.)


Posted on 2010-08-11 at 23:26:50.
Edited on 2010-08-11 at 23:28:09 by sunow4

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


Angry

Kari-Bliss's eyes spelled out murder the second he hit the ground, and she was up when he cursed. "You!" she pointed an accusing finger, and instantly you could feel the air change; energy crackled through it like a whip, and if you wereat the right angle, black sparks flew from her hand.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! And you will NOT eat Bran, or I will gut you myself, and hang you on my door!" Her eyes narrowed, the usual light color suddenly a dark and menacing orange-gold. "OUT!"

(OOC: Next Post is gonna be them actually leaving, lol, i think the game should move along)


Posted on 2010-08-13 at 02:03:39.

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


Moving Things Along

((OOC: If you're outright against any of this, tell me, but I want the game to go ahead and get in action!))

After Faroak was shooed out, Kari-Bliss allowed herself to be re-talked to joining the group by a now-human Bran, and then helped him to find his cane. When all three had rejoined cain, they set out, following instructions Cain had recieved from their teacher to a renegade camp run by shifters and wicthes for the sole purpose of keeping laws in order. Here, they would recieve weapons and supplies.

The journey took roughly 3 days, and it went pretty smoothly. The only scare was when they had to walk a narrow ledge, and Kari-Bliss slipped, hurting her ankle. Even though there was concern, she stated she was perfectly fine, but Bran picked up on her slow-developing limp. That night, he managed to look at her ankle, which was swollen and an ugly purple color; against better judgements, kari-Bliss convinced him to keep quiet.

When they arrived at the camp, they were greeted by a boy about their age with wild red hair and orange eyes. He outfitted them with several small guns, and entrusted Kari-Bliss with an encrypted phone which would alert him to when they fulfilled their mission. The flustered wicth took it, in spite of her limited knowledge of such technology, and they went off again, headed for Mr. Dellacoure's private cabin stashed away in the woods.
---
Cain yanwed, poking their fire lightly with a stick. The four of them were seated on a few rotting logs, huddled around the tiny blaze, with two tents set up behind them. Earlier, there had been a discussion to who sleeps where; it was still undecided. "I think i'm turning in..." Cain yawned again and stood up, stretching, before slipping into the larger tent.

Kari-Bliss was staring into the fire blankly, hugging herself, and curling up against Bran's side. Ever since he'd found out about her being hurt, she'd stayed even closer to him then before, fearing if hse let him out of her sight he would reveal her injury.

Her ankle suddenly throbbed and she jerked slightly, wincing.

"S-so, who wants to sleep with the jerk?" She tried to hide her pain, but her voice faltered a bit; Kari-Bliss's face burned with fear that faroak had heard and would find out, "Because he snores... And I'm not going through that..."


Posted on 2010-08-13 at 02:23:26.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Doomed if I do, doomed if I don't.

Bran shook his head, not only could he not believe she was still keeping her ankle a secret from the others, he was shocked to hear her suggest that anyone other than her sleep in the tent with Cain. He looked over at her concerned and replied, "I'd rather like to be able to wake up in the morning. I don't trust what he'd do to me in my sleep, and I sure don't want to find out what he would do if he found us in the same tent. I know you hate the idea, but it might be best if you took the tent with him, you are family after all." He avoided the topic of her ankle, and chose not to address her obvious concerns about Cain finding out because Faroak would probably still be listening anyway, and they could not afford for him to find out and blab to Cain. Cain would not only be mad at Kari-Bliss for not telling him, he would be furious if he found out Bran had known and not said anything.


Posted on 2010-08-13 at 12:58:33.

sunow4
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 7/1
150 Posts


*sigh*

Faroak sat alone behind his tent, fiddling with one of the guns they gave him. So far he liked the feel of it the best, it felt the most natural in his palm.

He acted like he was oblivious to what they were saying by the fire. It wasn't that hard to here them and he figured they knew that or they wouldn't say it so openly.

He sighed and unloaded the gun. He cocked it and pulled the trigger. It made a slight puffing sound and jutted back. He reloaded it and turned the safety on. He remembered the days he shot the gun at the nearby shooting range with his father as a kid. It saddened him and his eyes started watering again. He wiped the tears from his face and stood up. He walked around the side of his tent and crawled inside.

He just layed there and listened to the wilds and the crackling fire.

((OOC: Assumuing we're in the wilds.))


Posted on 2010-08-13 at 18:25:08.

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


More secrets we keep

"There's a reason I'm not and it's nothing I'm sharing," instantly, her eyes went dark and she stared off into the trees, "...I'll just take first watch and Cain and I can switch out. You and Faroak need sleep."

"Speaking of which..." She turned her head a bit to faroak's tent, peering at it. "Hey, you okay in there," Kari-Bliss called out in a voice loud enough for him to hear.


Posted on 2010-08-13 at 22:19:44.

sunow4
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 7/1
150 Posts


Huh? What?

"Huh?" Faroak came out of his little daydream and took a moment to comprehend what he heard.

When he realized what she said he sat up.

"Yeah, thanks," he thought for a moment and walked out of the tent.

"Can you come here?" he asked Kari-Bliss and gestured towards the other side of his tent.


Posted on 2010-08-14 at 01:35:19.

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


Of course?

Kari-Bliss blinked several times, then gingerly stood up and headed over, careful to put as little weight as possible on her injury. She sat where he indicated and smiled brightly at him, putting her 'best foot' foreword.

"What do you need?"


Posted on 2010-08-14 at 01:38:18.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.