The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3983 registered users. Our newest member is hangthungsidacampuchia.
Online members: Giddy
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Giddy)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Free form RPGs --> Fantasy RPGs --> The Killing Instincts: Of Man and Magic
GM for this game: PrincessAli
Players for this game: Shield Wolf, sunow4, Digdagdeg
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in The Killing Instincts: Of Man and Magic
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


Confrontation and Questions

Kari-Bliss finally stepped close enough for the newcomer to see, the cat-like coloring of her eyes transisting nicely to the off-blue. She smiled sweetly, but her right hand was hidden behind her back, and very faint black cracks criss-crossed her hand. For those who knew, this meant her magic was ready, and if neccesary, she would fight for Faroak.

"What're you doing here, stranger?" Her voice held the slight accent of her old past, making her words a bit snippier than needed, "We were told not many people would be here, and those that were were on our side."
---
Cain bolted up the second he thought he heard something, his ears straining. For a few moments, he almost thought he was being paranoid, but then-

Snap
He was out of the tent in a flash, and signalled Bran to be quiet, gazing around them. A quick darting on his left and he turned in time to be barelled over from the front. Instinctively, Cain threw his weight and shoved his enemy off, scrambling to his knees.

Barely illuminated by the fire, a girl crouched a few feet away from him. Jet black hair hung chin-length on her, and her violet eyes were wary. The second they made eye-contact, she growled and lunged for him again, her nails like claws.

Cain winced when they hit his cheek and grabbed her wrist, throwing her off him. She grunted as she hit a log and looked up; her eyes darted to Bran and she smiled.

"So, there are more than one of you? That means you are not here as poachers... Then what would you be here for?" She had a thick, Russian accent, and sat back. He couldn't help but compare her to a wild wolf, the way her eyes were so savage and how her body moved like an animal's. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched claws shrink from her left hand and turn into sharp, red-coated nails.

Cain sucked in a breath and looked back in her eyes, "Who are you?"

"I'm Ravyn, and these woods, are my home."


Posted on 2010-08-17 at 01:05:20.

sunow4
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 7/1
150 Posts


Growls

Faroak heard the crash and rustles coming from the camp. His cat ears allowed him to hear what the other two couldn't. He looked up at Kari-Bliss and then towards the camp and started growling. He darted toward the camp as fast as he could and looked back at the others, gesturing as best as he could towards the camp (which isn't easy while running as a cat).


Posted on 2010-08-17 at 02:54:44.

Digdagdeg
Newbie
Karma: 3/1
10 Posts


New faces.

Tresta had no reason not to trust this girl.

" I am Tresta, a time manipulator. My father had sent me here through time and space for a purpose still unkown to me. I desire nothing but peace from you."

He could feel this girls magic energy pouring out of her.

'So much power with such little control. This girl is very strong' He thought.

... he sat staring for a moment. The beast had completely unintrested him after feeling such energy.

"What do they call you?"

(OOC: @ Ali - if you decide to follow Faroak then you can write for my character so that he will end up at the camp site as well.)


Posted on 2010-08-17 at 04:32:16.
Edited on 2010-08-17 at 04:33:41 by Digdagdeg

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


Problematic

"I'm Kari-Bliss-" Her eyes flickered to where Faroak had been a second later, and then she held out her hand to him, palm upturned, markings gone, "And I'm not willing to leave you alone, so come on."

Without waiting for him to respond, she grabbed his hand and tugged him along behind her, stomping through the undergrowth.
---
Ravyn stood up, and Cain nearly laughed at how pathetic she looked. Not only was she smaller than Kari-Bliss, her bones jutted out, a sign of starvation.

"And what will you do about this, wild one?"

Ravyn smirked and stepped foreword, getting close to his face without flinching; Cain, however, reflexively took a step back.

"She is your sister, yes? The pretty red-head? I'll rip her apart if you don't wuit trespassing, and leave that flaming mane of hers in your tent. As a goodbye present."

Cain stared at her blankly for a minute, then snarled and lunged for her, wrapping his hands around Ravyn's throat, only thinking about this... this girl threatening his baby sister!


Posted on 2010-08-17 at 21:04:23.

sunow4
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 7/1
150 Posts


Arriving

Faroak arrived outside the camp, being careful not to let anyone hear is approach. He slowly and quietly crawled up a nearby sloped tree. He prowled up it's brances and observed the camp. Cain and Bran were still ok but there was someone else he didn't know. Suddenly Cain sprang and grabbed the woman's neck, so Faroak figured she probably isn't trustworthy.

Faroak stalked to the branch closest to the woman, and watched them. Faroak reared up preparing to spring, wiggling his heiny like all cat's do before the lunge at there prey. He tensed his muscles and sprang. Cain and the woman looked at him sumtaneously as he was descending upon them. He landed straight on top of the woman's neck, nearly breaking it, knocking her unconcious.

Faroak backed off and crouched down. He transformed back into a human, feeling more lightheaded than ever before after a ransformation. He tried to stand up but lost his balance and fell into unconciousness.


Posted on 2010-08-18 at 02:35:08.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


sleepy Bran

Bran snapped out of his sleep at the sound of Faroak pouncing from the trees onto an unknown female figure. He had dosed off while lost in his book, which sat open on his thigh under his hand. He quickly marked the page and stuffed the book back into his pocket and rose slowly to his feet using his cane for leverage. He looked from Faroak, to the girl, and to Cain, then back to Faroak and speaking to no one in particular asked sleepily, "What'd I just miss?"

((Sorry I've been kinda MIA on a lot of this, work takes first priority after all, and with one of my coworkers leaving I'm getting more hours than I was before.))


Posted on 2010-08-19 at 05:16:27.

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


It's alright Shieldy

Ravyn groaned and stirred a bit, and Cain shrugged, still furious.

"She threatened kari-Bliss."


Posted on 2010-08-20 at 21:43:41.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Bran is curious

Bran quirked a brow and, again addressing no one in particular, asked, "Where did she come from?"


Posted on 2010-08-21 at 04:06:10.

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


Back

"The woods-"

Cain broke off because at that moment, Kari-Bliss stumbled into sight, leaves and twigs tangled in her now-wild curls. She was still clutching the boys hand, and looked at her twin sheepishly, her eyes widening in surprise as she spotted Ravyn.

"Where did she come from?" She asked curiously, to which Cain just glowered and she blushed.


Posted on 2010-08-22 at 00:44:34.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Grumble mumble

Bran shrugged sleepily, still not quite fully awake, "I don't really know any more than you do, only that you were apparently threatened by this girl from the woods."


Posted on 2010-08-22 at 03:57:09.

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


Hurt

Cain opened his mouth to reply, but at that moment Ravyn's eyes snapped open and her claws grew out. He blinked; that gave her enough time to charge foreword and in seconds, Kari-Bliss was on the ground and screaming, Ravyn pinning her down.

Blood arched through the air and the wild girl moved of and tore off into the trees and Kari-Bliss was still shrieking, clutching her neck. Red was pouring over her fingers, and she was bucking and twisting like an animal.

Cain cursed and kneeled by her, trying to get a better look at her wound, but she slammed into him and knocked him back, still sobbing and screaming.


Posted on 2010-08-23 at 02:51:06.

sunow4
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 7/1
150 Posts


Jerked Awake

When Ravyn suddenly sprang up, Faroak was dreaming that he was home with his family. He was happy. But suddenly he heard screams and yelling and jerked awake. He sat up back in his human form and saw Kari-Bliss writhing and screaming on the ground. He saw Ravyn running in the other direction.

"What happened?!"he yelled.


Posted on 2010-08-24 at 00:59:00.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Seriously?!

"What happened, What happened?! Are you ******* BLIND, its rather obvious if you just look, she's had her throat ripped open by that wild child that came out of the woods! Bran was clearly very irritated with what he considered an extremely stupid and pointless question. He rose slowly to his feet, using his cane as leverage and made his way over to Kari-Bliss to see if he could determine how bad the wounds were.


Posted on 2010-08-26 at 15:51:09.
Edited on 2010-08-30 at 19:53:37 by Shield Wolf

PrincessAli
Ody Fan
Karma: 54/39
1117 Posts


What happens now?

Kari-Bliss was still twisting on the ground, but she seemed like she was weakening quickly, and by now, her hands were completley crimson-coated and there was a large puddle under her and thin streams surrounding her where she'd been thrashing. Her eyes were open, though, and she let out a kind of tortured whimper when Bran came close to her. It looked like she was trying to talk, but all her energy was being used to twitch and cry at this point.

Cain's skin was grey-tinged at this point and he was staring in shock at his sister, like his brain wasn't working fast enough to comprehend what had happened. However, he did slowly stand up, and then took off into the trees, his eyes murderous.

"Help her. I'm taking that b***** down."

((OOC: Asssuming they do help her and get her hands away))

When Kari-Bliss's wounds were revealed, blood pumped out freely. There were three deep slashes on her neck, and with each heartbeat she was losing more and more blood. She'd also stopped moving and instead, starting shivering weakly; her body was shutting down from blood-loss and shock.

And then she froze.

A dim, white light seemed to coat her skin and Kari-Bliss's eyes rolled back in her head; she let out a sigh and relaxed, her face turning away from Bran and Faroak, her neck visible through her hair. The light congealed, appearing brightest at the slashes, and they began mending. The skin re-grew in a matter of seconds, and just as quickly as it had came, the light snuffed out.

Kari-Bliss jerked, then lay still, her face peaceful as she fell into a deep slumber.


Posted on 2010-08-27 at 21:31:00.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


O_o

Bran stared in awe at what happened before his eyes. He had never seen anything like that in his life. He chose however not to question it and instead took up a vigil next to Kari-Bliss's bloodied body and kept his eyes and ears open for the sounds of incoming trouble.


Posted on 2010-08-28 at 01:00:51.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.