The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4010 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Chessicfayth)5e One Shot Adventure
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Alacrity)Destiny's Flight
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Zombies in Chicago Q&A
Parent thread: Zombies in Chicago
    Messages in Zombies in Chicago Q&A
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Evil Womens
Price: $16.50

Eol Fefalas
Turning Capashanese
RDI Staff
Karma: 448/28
7361 Posts


"...hearing someone behind her telling her to stop..."

I'm fairly certain you can count on Murph for that once he realizes where she's gone... *nods*... assuming he makes it to the front of the store himself, that is.


Posted on 2010-09-22 at 19:50:07.

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 347/54
6187 Posts


okay

I was going to send this via PM, but think it's better if I post it.

Meredith:

Amber has a clear path to the front of the store; with the broken out glass, she'll be able to easily flee (provided she is not ambushed along the way).

Will she stop in front of the store? Will she keep running? If so, how far? In what direction?

I really do not want to decide this for Amber. If you want to state that she's too panicy to make a logical decision, I'll leave it up to the dice. I don't want anyone thinking that I am either (a) trying to lead a player to their death or (b) showing a player preferential treatment.


Posted on 2010-09-22 at 19:58:42.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


:)

Supposing she is not ambushed...

No she does not plan at stopping in front of the store. I can't say exactly what direction she will go as I'm not sure how the buildings around them have cast their shadows on the ground. She's heading for patches of sunlight. If you know where those are or wish to have dice determine that I'm cool.

I'd say that the possibility of her tripping can certainly be left up to a set of dice, debris or her own feet could easily stop her running as the die see fit.

Her hearing Murph call out after her would I guess need to be determined by how far she has gotten by the time he makes it out and realizes she is auditioning for 'Forrest Gump'

I will again state that if she runs into a spot where there is no more sunlight for her to run in she'll stop as well.

In a way I see this almost like a maze for her... the edge of a shadow is likely to be perceived by her as solid as a brick wall, a brick wall doused with acid.

I know it's already 2pm so the sun is no longer directly above them so the buildings should be casting at least some shadow on the road now. Which makes it hard for me to say exactly where she would go...

Helpful?

M.


Posted on 2010-09-22 at 20:09:34.

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 347/54
6187 Posts


whoa

Yes, that is quite helpful. Scary, but helpful.



Posted on 2010-09-22 at 20:11:02.

Grugg
Mun is Fandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 357/190
6179 Posts


asdf

Crap sorry, Im away today and tomorrow. Meant to mention that. I'll be back on friday.


Posted on 2010-09-22 at 20:12:03.

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 347/54
6187 Posts


blargl!

What? No "If the others run and leave Mac, Ted will defend him", or "Ted will move his wrinkly butt, also"?


Posted on 2010-09-22 at 20:16:30.

Grugg
Mun is Fandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 357/190
6179 Posts


asdf

Im not at home, and I dont really have time to even figure out where I am, I'll be home late tomorrow, I'll get something together then?



Posted on 2010-09-22 at 20:37:27.

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 347/54
6187 Posts


sigh

Okay, I GUESS.


Posted on 2010-09-22 at 20:40:01.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


But...

I dun wanna wait!

Come on Tom, lets just leave them all to die.

M.


Posted on 2010-09-22 at 20:41:11.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


thbpthbpthbpthpbt!

thats what I think of your plan Meri!

Oh yeah while Im here:

Grugg asked, "Tiamat, considering I'm carrying you in a wheelbarrow, do you have any preferences on what goes down?
answer: If there is someone without a gun and strong enough to push the wheel barrow, they should be doing that with a armed escort to cover the pusher.



Posted on 2010-09-22 at 21:16:17.
Edited on 2010-09-22 at 21:22:36 by Tiamat5774

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 347/54
6187 Posts


heh

I'm gonna tell you now - there's no way that any non-superhero is going to be able to push a wheelbarrow at a dead run and possibly keep up with unburdened runners. And that's with an empty wheelbarrow; add a grown man, and you are just going to be a lot slower.



Posted on 2010-09-22 at 21:25:41.

malek04
Resident
Karma: 11/8
303 Posts


WheelBarrow

Sooo I am quite dead set on having Mac be a decoy in all of this. No offense or anything but you aren't QUITE contributing to the group at this point. And heck maybe ull still be alive if we leave you. Zombies don't notice movement all that much (i hope) Think of the group here man. We love you and all but the only person who doesnt have a gun is Amber and well... yeah that aint happening anytime soon.


Posted on 2010-09-23 at 04:20:07.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Im still armed with a machete

Just leave me in a store somewhere with a note saying where you all went. When and if I wake up, Ill come find you or get eaten. Don't know if the GM will agree with me on this but the zombies don't bother with the dead still bodies laying about, just the ones fighting amongst themselves, makin' a racket and as Kramer put it ringing the dinner bell.
Noise and possibly motion attracts them so as long as Im out like a light, I might be ok. Kinda like playin' dead.


Posted on 2010-09-23 at 05:52:45.

malek04
Resident
Karma: 11/8
303 Posts


aww

look at you being all noble and stuff...

*scribbles on paper* we went somewhere where there arent zombie things trying to eat us catch up slow poke.

alright you heard the man lets beat it!


Posted on 2010-09-23 at 10:26:54.

Eol Fefalas
Turning Capashanese
RDI Staff
Karma: 448/28
7361 Posts


*nods*

I had that same thought, T... and considered, at least, turning the wheelbarrow over on top of Mac as we ran for our lives, hoping that the maggot-farmers wouldn't bother with what appeared to be a dead body... Not sure that we'll have time to write a note, though.


Posted on 2010-09-23 at 11:49:42.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.