The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

We currently have 3701 registered users. Our newest member is aliqux.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics
Common Room - Tann's NFL U-pick E'm  game 2017-2018 (posted by Odyson)Tann's U-pick game 2017
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Nomad D2)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - Bring Me That Horizon (posted by Nomad D2)Horizon Game
Comings and Goings - Hello Fellow Gamers - Do You Have a Sense of Humour? (posted by TannTalas)Hello Fellow Gamers - Do
Q&A Threads - Bring Me That Horizon Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Horizon Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #12: Slime is Slime
Floyd Hobart Filler: Dead Dead Dead
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Zombies in Chicago Q&A
Parent thread: Zombies in Chicago
    Messages in Zombies in Chicago Q&A
RDI T-shirts!

With Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 309/54
5258 Posts


okay

Sorry for going ages between posts, folks. I won't let it happen again.

It's pretty clear that the zombies from the grocery store have probably broken out and are following; in any case, a large group is coming up behind you.

There are two zombies at the end of this block. You could attempt to fight your way past them and keep going int he same direction.

You could take the open door and see if you can hide/barricade yourselfves in the apartment building basement. This is a small building - three stories, perhaps ten or so units.

You could check one of the many closed doors or windows on this street (there are apartment buildings of various sizes on both sides of the street).

You could do something that I have not prepared at all for. Your call, folks!

Posted on 2010-10-20 at 21:59:07.

malek04
Resident
Karma: 11/8
303 Posts


What isn't he prepared for...

Anyone willing to sacrifice themselves in an attempt to allow the rest of the group time to escape?

(Note this possibility really isn't joking... I actually thought maybe alaster runs head first towards the zombies handing the gun off to someone else and allowing them an escaper around them.)


Posted on 2010-10-21 at 03:44:34.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1116 Posts


oooookkkaaaay

You want out of this game that badly? lol

Or like me you have a back up character you want to try?

Posted on 2010-10-21 at 07:56:29.

Eol Fefalas
Witless Protection
RDI Staff
Karma: 427/28
6551 Posts


Noble... but, nah...

I think we're gonna try our chances in that apartment building, actually... Group needs to rest, eat, and re-group before we're "combat ready" again.

The system I support is offline for the next two days for infrastructure upgrades, system patches and the like, so I should have a bit of freetime coming... Hope to post soon.

Posted on 2010-10-21 at 12:07:44.

zombie_shakespeare
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 9/0
34 Posts


t'is nobler in the mind

Brian is all for seeking a defendible area for recovery, but then again, there could be zombies through any open doorway.

Posted on 2010-10-21 at 12:59:30.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


unarmed and crazy...

Not sure what Amber is going to do...

But as a player I feel that the apt building is our best shot currently. Might very well be infested with zombies, but we won't know for certain until we try.

M.

Posted on 2010-10-21 at 13:26:03.

malek04
Resident
Karma: 11/8
303 Posts


baby?

Throw the baby at them? Might make em laugh for a little bit...

Posted on 2010-10-21 at 19:28:20.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


Clarification

Sorry I haven't posted yet... trying to work on it. Just super distracted right now.

But... wanted to get something clarified before I get too far into Amber's head... the two zombies ahead of us, are they speeding towards us in patches of shadow or light? Not normally something that would matter I know, but for Amber it means alot. Gotta figure out just how badly she is going to end up losing it in the end.

Thanks!

M.



Posted on 2010-10-22 at 15:23:27.

malek04
Resident
Karma: 11/8
303 Posts


...

Oh dear Deity in some heaven like context deliver us from her insane tendencies. My post is in the works. Fighting against two sudden urges and it has put a standstill in my production. I will have it up hopefully tonight but probably tomorrow.

Posted on 2010-10-22 at 16:36:28.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


hahaha



Posted on 2010-10-22 at 16:44:43.

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 309/54
5258 Posts


well

Hard to say (they are a half block away). There are shadows up and down the street. It's not a deep pool of darkness.

Posted on 2010-10-22 at 17:19:56.

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 309/54
5258 Posts


hello?

Where are the posts, my pretties? I have hungry zombies!

Posted on 2010-10-25 at 13:28:40.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


working on mine

I promise...

probably this afternoon.

M.


Posted on 2010-10-25 at 13:49:29.

malek04
Resident
Karma: 11/8
303 Posts


computer problems

I'm working on mine i promise. My charger broke so I've not been able to use the computer all that much thankfully my friend heard my pleas and let me use his for a couple of hours. I'm working on it now.

Posted on 2010-10-25 at 13:55:39.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


Postage



Managed to finally get that in.

And look she's not being completly crazy.

Although... yes I am fully aware of the potential danger she is walking into. No one has staked out that basement door or made sure that there is nothing hideously fatal behind it and she's unarmed (well unless you consider that zombie child a potential weapon ).

We shall see what happens. Hopefully one of you guys with weapons will at least jump infront of her and open the door first, but... who knows.



M.



Posted on 2010-10-26 at 14:08:01.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D RPG Life forums, gamer blogs, D&D resources, roleplaying chat, dungeon maps Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.