The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4027 registered users. Our newest member is PKchuyengan.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Modern --> Weird War II
Related thread: WWII Horror LFP
Related thread: Weird War II Q n A
Related thread: Characters in Weird War II
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: TannTalas, Almerin, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Odyson, Astrid
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Weird War II
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Strange days indeed....


Brutal knelt on one knee as he picked up the damaged Schmessier and examined it… it was empty and damaged in a way not easily done… he laid it back down and as he came back to both feet he noticed the lack of shell casings..

He gestured to continue as he moved up to check out the guardhouse itself… something strange was definitely going on here… what could damage the barrel like that… why the gun here .. .empty but not fired here… strange indeed.

He moved up to check out the nearest guardhouse.. Listening as he moved up to the window to peer inside… if he saw nothing he would move to the door and then with a quick move he would dart to the doorway… using the doorjamb as partial cover he leveled the Schmeisser to sweep the room… if there was any danger… someone aiming at him… he wouldn’t hesitate to let loose with the gun.



Posted on 2011-05-01 at 20:08:07.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 48/5
2419 Posts


The world as seen through a scope

Corban watched the guard house carefully as Brutal approached. The bent gun in the road was a mystery - guns didn't naturally end up that way. He hoped Brutal had the sense not to tread on any tracks in the road. If something strange had happened, well, critters in the back-woods always left some sign of their passing. He suspected Nazis might do the same in the middle of a road.

"Come on Brutal, don't mess it up!" he thought to himself. This was quickly followed by "I wonder what Nazi scat looks like?"

Despite his wondering thoughts, he was focused on the world through his scope. He watched for any sign of movement - in the guardhouse or up the road towards the castle.



Posted on 2011-05-03 at 02:11:02.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 155/25
6221 Posts


Hit the road.....

Brutal had pull the car off the edge, just far enough to be slightly hidden but not so far that it would become mired in the mud. All the others seemed to be glad to use the German weapons but Doc was glad to keep his M1. Popping the trunk of the car Jack grabbed what was going to be useful. The Captain had left his M1 so Doc strapped on his ammo belt too, each held five two clip pouches each. A last scan spotted the Captain's grenade, he added it to his own. Before closing the trunk Jack pulled out his pack and slung it on.

Doc cautiously fell in with team, following the early "suggestion" from sarge he closed in behind the Captain.


Posted on 2011-05-03 at 02:49:52.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 178/118
6478 Posts


Off to the Castle we go

With the Captain agreeing with Romo’s idea to back the car up to cover, each of them gathered what weapons they felt was needed.

For Romo this consisted of his 2 45’s in their two underarm holsters, 6 full mags with 1 loaded in each and the rest in magazine holders on his holster straps. His Thompson submachine gun in hand with a full 50 round clip loaded and the 5 extra 30 mags for it sheathed in the ammo bandoleer at his side. The German Schmeisser submachine gun, a fully loaded clip locked into its magazine receiver, he had slung across his back with its 3 extra 32 round clips placed in his right side BDU pocket. The 2 frag’s hanging from straps on his shirt front , his twin set of brass knuckles in his left BDU pants pocket and his fighting knife sheathed in its scabbard in his right boot, the Master Sgt was as ready as he was gonna get.

Having gained the German weapon Romo left the M1A1 Carbine behind in the car’s trunk. Hopefully they would not have a need for it. Locked and loaded he took his place behind the rest and just to the front of the German lady and McGuiness as Brutal took the lead once more.

It was only a few seconds time before they came upon the first evidence of something being wrong a curiously damaged Schmessier, its barrel twisted as if bent by some type of strong force. When no ready explanation was forth coming Romo looked to the Captain for his next orders.....


Posted on 2011-05-06 at 04:25:43.
Edited on 2011-05-06 at 04:26:41 by TannTalas

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


I dig you baby, but we gotta keep moving... on. keep moving on

The silence of the place was unsettling. More so, it seemed to make their attempts at a stealthy entrance seem ridiculous. Every footfall was heavy. Every breath felt like a betrayal. Brutal's fist going up seemed to emphasize this even more, since they all halted abruptly.

Then they continued. Luke stepped over the bent gun and realized how such a small thing could have such big impact. A gun should not be bent that way. Not in normal warfare.
If a tank had run over it, that would explain something. But there were no tracks indicating that one had recently been present.

He kept an extra close look on the darkness surrounding them from that point on.


Posted on 2011-05-06 at 09:02:32.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6338 Posts


The place is dead

The guardhouses are empty.....

There are signs of that men were here before. One gatehouse contains a radio set, a potbelly iron fireplace that is still warm to the touch. The other is sparsely furnished with a simple wooden chair, pushed back as if someone got up in a hurry.

No guards what so ever. Corban saw no movement in the towers of the castle in his scope. The place is quiet except the sound of the wind through the trees. The team searches the interior of both buildings and find nothing - not even the logbook that the other station had. "This is highly unusual, " great says quietly, "Even if called away, one man would have stayed behind."

There isn't much time until dawn, and if the team is to get across the bridge and into the castle under cover of darkness, there is little time for mysteries.

The bridge is very old and plain. It is made of old shorn up wood beams held by chains attached to the entranceway - much like a drawbridge. The chains creak in the wind, the rust eaten iron seemingly straining with the weight. A rotting wooden portcullis, green with growth, hangs in the entry tunnel to the ground beyond There are footprints on the bridge, fresh mud of boots running toward the castle at speed.

Looking down the edge of the precipice, you see nothing but rolling fog and darkness - but instinct tells you it is a long way down.


Posted on 2011-05-17 at 01:09:28.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 48/5
2419 Posts


Seeing the world from a distance

From the actions of the group at the guardhouses, it seemed obvious to the sniper that they were deserted. That was odd. Who put up guardhouses and then didn't use them? Something was wrong here. As far as the private knew, they were the only group of Allies in the area. But then, who told a private anything? Who knew - maybe the Russians were around?

Such speculations always ran through his head as he peered through his scope. For now, he would sit and watch as he had been ordered. He suspected that they would soon be making a break for the bridge before the sun rose, at least that is what he would do, but it wasn't his decision to make. If the captain turned to look at him, he would try to indicate that he could see nothing in the castle.

So he sat back and waited for the captain to order them ahead. He and the lady would move forward when called for. And when he did, he intended to take a look at the tracks in the road. There just might be something there.


Posted on 2011-05-17 at 02:24:52.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


short one then

As there seemed no direct threat at the moment, Luke decided to order the team to move on. He turned his face to where MacGuinness should be sitting (he guessed, the man was too good at taking cover), and flicked a few fast circles in the air with his index finger. It was time to get going.

Secondly, he approached the Sergeant.

"Troy, as much as I hope that something dreadful has happened to these Nazis, I don't want it to happen to us as well. We should approach as cautious as possible. This bridge however... I think we should take it fast, before it crumbles."

He then realized he had failed to use the Sarge's last name or title. Either he had been caught off guard by the eerie sensation this place brought, or he was starting to like the guy.


Posted on 2011-05-18 at 13:40:08.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Moving on...

Brutal was very surprised at finding the guardhouses empty… the eerie situation here was getting strange by the moment… was this all a ruse?… was this place completely empty?… maybe the Nazis had pulled their operation out of here… leaving only the few guards below to continue the appearance of the place being occupied… well in any case it looked like they were going to have to check out the place to be sure.

“…We should approach as cautious as possible. This bridge however... I think we should take it fast, before it crumbles." the Captain told the Sarge.
The Corporal over heard him and with a glance at the Sarge he nodded … without waiting for orders… he took a tighter grip on his Schmessier and headed to the bridge.

He paused a moment looking at the dilapidated structure … he looked over the bridge for any signs of anyone… he saw the muddy prints that were spaced as if running… apparently whomever had went across last had not worried about the bridge collapsing as they had ran across… Brutal was not scared but he was cautious as he stepped out onto the bridge… taking careful note of where he put his feet and he moved across steadily … as sure footed as a mountain goat till he was on the other side.

(Assuming he makes it)

Once he was across… he did a quick scan… and if it was clear and safe… he signaled to the Sarge that it was safe to proceed across … he moved slowly up to the tunnel entrance and peered inside moving to the side to use the wall as partial cover.


Posted on 2011-05-18 at 23:33:02.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 155/25
6221 Posts


Here we go............

Jack took a position near the Captain and Greta. He watch silently as the Officer addressed the sergeant and was surprised to hear him use Troy’s first name instead of rank, maybe he was just getting nervous. While the two talked Doc looked hard at the non-com for signs that the pain of his wounds was increasing. He’d have keep reminding him to take to painkillers, no need to play hero yet.

“…We should approach as cautious as possible. This bridge however... I think we should take it fast, before it crumbles." the Captain told the Sarge.
Brutal over heard him and with a glance at the Sarge he nodded …

The Captain had signaled with his index finger flicked a few fast circles in the air. That meant “rally point” but it seemed like he wanted to move out.

Without waiting for orders… Brutal took a tighter grip on his Schmessier and headed to the bridge.

Doc saw the confusing hand signal and then watched Brutal dashing for the bridge. He let out a heavy sigh and then shouldered his M1 to cover Jake as he made his way across the bridge.


Posted on 2011-05-19 at 02:20:47.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 48/5
2419 Posts


Movin' on up

Corban saw the captain's gesture and assumed it must mean, "move out."

Ok, he thought, time to storm the castle. It was mighty nice of them to leave the door open for us. At least I hope it was nice.

Keeping his usual running commentary going, the sniper lined his sites up on the opening beyond the bridge as Brutal moved quickly too and across the bridge.

(Assuming he makes it across safely)

Once Brutal was across and stationed to the side of the entrance the other started moving forward as well. As they moved out from the guardhouse, Corban nodded at the lady and said quietly, "lets move out - quick to the guardhouse." With that he moved out. Although he kept his head down and ran in a crouch, the sniper did not make the slow advance his comrades had. Instead he sprinted to the shelter of the guardhouse his companions had vacated.

Once there, he will again do his best to use the concealment of the building and put his scope to good use. He will offer cover to the others on the bridge or on the other side from where he is at. He will also use his scope to look into the entrance tunnel and at any nearby windows to again try and get information. He will hold this position until signalled to join the others on the other side of the bridge.

*As he approaches the guardhouse, Corban will also try to get a look at the tracks in the road. Are there tracks?


Posted on 2011-05-19 at 03:00:51.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 155/25
6221 Posts


Ready to move......

Doc saw that Corbin had positioned himself to cover the rear so he prepared to move across the bridge. He motioned to sarge that he would follow behind the Captain and Greta. Jack hoped Troy would move out ahead of them so he could keep an eye on him too. Doc would try to check the sarge's wound the next time they took cover. The team didn't need Troy getting weaker from blood loss.

(O.O.C. A little short but it gets us going over the bridge.)


Posted on 2011-05-21 at 15:34:18.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 178/118
6478 Posts


A Bridge too Far perhaps? LOL

Romo waited and watched getting more uneasy by the moment. Where were the damn Germans?, No way they leave this place unguarded, especially, if as High Command thought they were building a WMD here.
His thoughts were interrupted by the German girl echoing his thoughts out loud
"This is highly unusual, even if called away; one man would have stayed behind."
“My thoughts exactly Fräulein” Replied the Sergeant, but before he could voice any of his other concerns with the whole situation the Captain approached him.

"Troy, as much as I hope that something dreadful has happened to these Nazis, I don't want it to happen to us as well. We should approach as cautious as possible. This bridge however... I think we should take it fast, before it crumbles."
Troy?, since when where they on a first name basis? Romo thought to himself before replying to the Captain.

“Yes sir I agree, however after we take it I think we need to dig in and think this through a bit before we proceed. Something is not right here sir, maybe HQ got it all wrong and there’s nothing here.”
As Romo turned to give the command he saw Clements looking at him already seeming ready to go so Romo nodded his head to indicate he should do so. Taking hold of his Thompson he took up a flattened position on his belly, Thompson before him, covering the corporal as he crossed......


Posted on 2011-05-21 at 19:46:09.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6338 Posts


It just became Weird War II

Brutal covers the length of the bridge to the other side and one by one the rest of the follow suit, Corbin holding back to be the last one to cross and the watching the bridge and gatehouses as the rear guard.

The ground crunches under your feet. You look down on the ground to see shells, rounds upon round of shell casings from the german machine guns. But no one is here, no real sign of a struggle beyond the bullet casings.

There are lights from within the courtyard. You can see through the wooden slots of the gate where there seems to be some sort of staging area with lots of heavy equipment and multiple generators. Huge pot lights are set up to illuminate the area but only two are on. It looks as though whoever was here cleared out in a hurry because there are tables and lamps knocked over and the generators hum away unattended. There is a strong ozone smell in the air, like after a lightning storm and a thin fog hangs low around the machinery.

McGuiness feels something move more than actually sees it. Something moves that causes shadows to shift and the sniper's battle honed senses are immediate weary of danger. Something on the Bridge? No. The bridge is clear. He steps forward to get a better look.

Suddenly out of the darkness and from under the bridge something shots outs toward the Private. Something grey and large - VERY LARGE. With a swiftness unexpected from such bulk, a grey tentacle reaches up around from beneath the far side of the bridge, and then another pops up from the other side. Each one at least 15 feet in length with ugly barbed suckers along one side like hideous sores - coming towards Corbin at speed. Greta sees it and calls out "Captain! We got company!" as she brings the rifle to her eye to take aim at the ... things.

OOC: Two 15 foot long tentacles have come out from under the bridge and are reaching to grab your Private ... McGuiness that is. Not what you signed up for boys, but war is hell.


Posted on 2011-05-31 at 00:51:46.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Action at last...

"Captain! We got company!"
Brutal heard the Fraulein yell out and he tore his eyes away from the sight within the courtyard and saw the huge tentacles reaching up from the two sides of the bridge… he paused for only a moment and then with a snarl on his lips he flew into action.

“McGuiness..Run!”

He yelled a warning as he ran back to the bridge and throwing himself to his belly he slide forward the last couple of feet to the edge of the chasm… he stuck his Schmessier over the edge and looking down into the area under the bridge… he didn’t aim at the tentacles but for a spot between where they came from … he let loose with a long sustained blast from his full magazine.



Posted on 2011-05-31 at 01:43:15.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.