The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4027 registered users. Our newest member is PKchuyengan.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Modern --> Weird War II
Related thread: WWII Horror LFP
Related thread: Weird War II Q n A
Related thread: Characters in Weird War II
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: TannTalas, Almerin, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Odyson, Astrid
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Weird War II
RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 52/18
2251 Posts


.

Sarge took in the scene surrounding the temple. Dead lay scattered around and Nazi trucks were parked nearby. The smell of gasoline hung in the air. "How long you figure the dead will stay dead Captain? Maybe someone was planning on burning the bodies."


Posted on 2015-06-10 at 17:18:44.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 48/5
2419 Posts


March right in the front door?

"The front door is easy enough to see - and be seen. What's the plan captain?" Corban asked quietly.

While he waited for his orders he lined up his scope on the main entrance and the pillars surrounding it. He moved his gaze from pillar to pillar and shadow to shadow. There were a lot of places up there to hide and he wanted to know if they were being observed.

*If the captain says they go in, Corban follows orders and moves with the group. But he keeps his rifle at the ready and his eyes on the shadows.


Posted on 2015-06-18 at 22:35:51.
Edited on 2015-06-26 at 23:38:01 by Nomad D2

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 155/25
6221 Posts


No Need to Knock..........

The staggering undead fell quickly to the team. This was more a creepy menace than danger, as least when compared to some of the other things they had encountered. Leaving the bodies in the sand the team once again formed up in marching order and followed the zombie's tracks. Doc fell in behind the Captain with Star and Miller behind him.

After a while building shapes could be seen rising from the desert sands. The crumbled remains of may have been an ancient city contrasted against the rolling forms of the sand dunes. Within this area a single form remained. Looming up a domed structure stood against time. This must be the temple they were sent to find. As they drew near signs of a recent skirmish remained. Nazi trucks, dead bodies and the smells the gasoline and gunpowder were telltale that something had happened recently.

The entrance to the Temple appeared to be through a doorway from a raised platform. Pillars held up the platform and arcing stairs drew up on either side.

Doc took in the scene, "Well Captain, do we all go up the same side or split half and half. Either way we still got go up there. Unless someone else sees another way in,.. Star , Miller and me can take the left..Sarge, Hot Shot and you can take the right,Sir,"


Posted on 2015-06-20 at 22:24:21.

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


darkness falls


Star watched the undead fall as they were dispatched by efficient hands.

Stars mind raced as they neared the ruined temple, here eyes constantly searching for hieroglyphs an other marking arcane an other wise.

the scent of death an gasoline permeated the air as they neared. The structure of the temple made star leary.

"this seems to orchestrated for my likes." star looked at Sarge with a frown.

"The temple is to readily a vantage point over the area. I'd suggest we proceed with caution an the thought that whom ever set this macabre play to motion knows were about like mice in the dark. "


Posted on 2015-06-28 at 02:08:16.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6338 Posts


Finally - a post.

"How long you figure the dead will stay dead Captain? Maybe someone was planning on burning the bodies." Sarge asked.

"The front door is easy enough to see - and be seen. What's the plan captain?" Corban asked quietly.

"Well Captain, do we all go up the same side or split half and half. Either way we still got go up there. Unless someone else sees another way in,.. Star , Miller and me can take the left..Sarge, Hot Shot and you can take the right,Sir," suggested Doc.

"This seems to orchestrated for my likes. The temple is too readily a vantage point over the area. I'd suggest we proceed with caution and the thought that whoever set this macabre play in motion knows we are about like mice in the dark. "Star said looking to the Sarge.

The captain looked over the scene of this misfortune wishing he had some answers for his men. He drew the same conclusion as the Sarge about what had happened here - the Nazis were piling the bodies to burn and the bodies rose up against them. He doubted that the four they killed were the only ones left.

"We will stick together, not divide the team. Too easy to get cut off from each other out there so stay sharp people." Captain Edintore said firmly. "We will go in behind the trucks, check them out to see if there is any clues as to what is what around here and then up the nearest stair to the doorway. Sarge, you take point, Rat and Star, Doc you are with me and McGuiness in the rear. Questions?"

(Assuming none)

The team took their positions and moved across the sand, cautiously but with as much speed as they could risk. The Lorries were empty, left with keys in ignition and there were signs that they had been unloaded awhile ago (Lifts are down, fresh scrapes on storage area.) Rat sees something he thinks is a shell case but when he picks it up he discovers it a lipstick case (Passion Red #10).

The stairs up to the temple are worn from sand and time. At the top of the stairs, there are bodies of Egyptians and Germans alike. None or the dead are animating or moving in any way. It appears from the wounds that the Nazis figured out that head shots were most effective, although at least six germans were not fast enough to avoid being taken down.

The open doorway is illuminated from within by electric lights and you can hear the whirl and puttering of a generator from within. But you can also hear something pounding on a door or wall within the temple and the sounds of grunting and guttural moaning you have heard from the undead before.


Posted on 2015-08-12 at 11:46:35.
Edited on 2015-08-12 at 11:49:46 by Alacrity

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 52/18
2251 Posts


.

After looking around, Sarge knew there was nothing useful or harmful outside the temple. It was the noises from inside that held his interest. "Well Capt, looks like nothing out here. Course there is something or someone inside. Shall we go check it out?"


Posted on 2015-08-12 at 22:50:11.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 48/5
2419 Posts


Things that go bump in the night

Even from the back of the unit, Corban could hear the sounds coming from the inside of the temple. A couple of years ago such sounds would have freaked him out, but now as long as a giant tentacle wasn't actively wrapping itself around his neck it just provided ambiance. "Just what we were expecting," he thought as he kept a look out.

The sniper brought up the rear as they moved up the steps and kept his eyes open for any movement outside the temple. He moved his eyes from the trucks, to the edges of the temple, to the bodies splayed all over. When they moved to the landing at the top he slid behind the cover of a pillar, but continued to keep an eye on everything below.

"wonder if the lipstick belonged to the Nazis or the mummies?" he thought to himself. He smiled, as either made a pretty little picture.


Posted on 2015-08-13 at 00:02:32.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 155/25
6221 Posts


Da Plan, da Plan...........

"We will stick together, not divide the team. Too easy to get cut off from each other out there so stay sharp people." Captain Edintore said firmly. "We will go in behind the trucks, check them out to see if there is any clues as to what is what around here and then up the nearest stair to the doorway. Sarge, you take point, Rat and Star, Doc you are with me and McGuiness in the rear. Questions?"
Doc nodded an affirmative to the captain. Captain Edintore was a good man, he'd brought them through their assignments so far, but Doc didn't mind giving him a nudge toward a course of action. Doc also didn't mind sticking close to Star, she was strong, brave and smart. She didn't seem to let ego play into her actions, so Jack fell in as they checked the trucks.

The trucks were empty and they gave no real clues. Nothing much left to do but head up the stairs and into the temple.

The open doorway is illuminated from within by electric lights and he can hear the whirl and puttering of a generator. Doc could also hear something pounding within the temple. There were sounds of grunting and guttural moaning like from the undead before. "Great," Doc thought,"more dead to kill!"




Posted on 2015-08-16 at 20:07:51.
Edited on 2015-08-16 at 20:16:57 by Odyson

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


Going in

The scene outside the temple was quiet enough for Luke's taste. If everything was calm now, nothing would come later to attack them from behind. He hoped.
Of course there was no knowing what was going to happen once they entered the ruins. So far, it looked like a standard zombie outbreak, though what had caused such an event was unclear so far. What good fortune, he thought to himself, that this place is in the middle of nowhere. Not much chance of a disease spreading in the heart of the desert.

He nodded to the rest of the team to continue. There was no need to tell them to keep their rifles ready. He knew his team and they knew that by entering the temple they were supposed to expect anything. Any Thing. They had seen some weird monstrosities in their time together. What is was the Germans found so attracting in the occult and otherworldly crap, he did not know. But he would clean it up just the same.

(OOC: going into the temple, same formation. Plan is to search rooms for the occult items and shoot anything that's remotely hostile.)


Posted on 2015-08-22 at 09:22:08.

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


writing on the walls... not just graffiti

Star frowned at the mention of splitting up.

Half distracted by the hieroglyphs on the walls. Though most of the glyphs had been scoured away by blowing sand an time. The mention of Monanedra the goddess consort of Hamon-Rye stood out clearly. Star brushed her hand over a glyph it look as if it was almost fresh an untouched by the ravages of time. Star was also drawn by the odd fact that the temple was circular. Quickly thinking back to the other times she had been in similar temples. Korm Ombo, Khonsu, Amun-re had all followed a square or t-shaped pattern. making her think this temple was from the Ptolemaic dynasty. Star furrowed her brow at the implications of possibility of mixing panthionic magics. wrangling the childish tiffs of one pantheons domestic squabbling was bad enough mixing two was cause for in-fighting.

star sighed softly rubbing her eyes in irritation bringing her mind back to the present. focusing on the backs of the men before her Star tried to ignore the sounds emanating from the temple.


Posted on 2015-08-30 at 15:40:51.
Edited on 2015-09-06 at 15:41:07 by Astrid

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6338 Posts


posting - Yay!

A shallow ramp/corridor runs down from south to north some 20 feet between two sets of double doors. The double doors at the end of the corridor are wide open and the room beyond is illuminated brightly with two sets of electric lights on metal stands.

The room beyond is 30-foot wide by 40-foot. The electric lights flicker with the uneven electric output of generators, casting flickering light on the very decorative carved walls and high, domed ceiling. A huge statue of Hamon-Rye dominated this room in the very back alcove. There has been a fight here recently as you can see the pock marks on the walls from bullets and the air smells of gunpowder. You can see 6 shadows of things moving about in the room, but judging by the shamble of their gait, you doubt they are alive in the true sense.

The runes and glyphs on the temple walls are worn by sand and time. It is hard for Star to get a good idea of any meaning from the writing. However, she does notice that the Hieroglyphs for Hamon-Rye's consort - Monanedra are very clear and frequent through the carving - Almost as if her name resisted the ravages of time.



Posted on 2015-09-09 at 09:41:09.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 48/5
2419 Posts


How to silence a zombie

Corban moved up the steps behind everyone and took his place at the top. He held a position behind the pillars and kept his eyes and his scope trained on the ground outside. The captain had put him as the rear guard and he had no intention of allowing anything living or dead to come at them from that direction. At least not without warning.

But he listened carefully as he heard the others almost silently describe what they saw. Did they need to go in after the zombies? The others seemed fairly certain that was what they were. Surely the zombies weren't in league with the Nazis. The evidence of gunfire and dead Germans seemed proof of that.

He tried to remember the shamblers in the desert. Had they made any noise? He didn't think so. Did that mean they could be dealt with silently? What would happen if one of the team showed themselves, would the zombies follow them out where they could be bludgeoned quietly? Or would they sound an alarm. Somehow he didn't think so. Would anyone be in there to see them go if they did charge out? Were they temple guards that would not leave their post? Would this be true of newly minted zombies? Corban was willing to bet some of them would be wearing a swastika. If they did go in, would they still be silent and bludgeonable? (If bludgeonable isn't a word he thought, it ought to be!)

As he pondered the behavior of zombies and the intricacies of the English language, Corban held his post and watched the ground outside. He had musings, but no plan. Which was ok, as he wasn't the plan maker on the team. He quietly held his post and waited for his commanding officer to whisper.


Posted on 2015-09-09 at 18:04:52.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


let's set a trap

The captain motioned for his team to stop before entering the room. The six shambling figures were his first priority. At least, neutralizing them was. There might be some hidden message or clue to what they were dealing with here exactly in the writings on the wall. But he wouldn't let his teammates go into the room while those creatures, whatever they were, were roaming freely.

He gathered his team and told them to retreat into the far end of the hallway.

"I'll lure those things back there, so they won't be able to swarm any of us. Remember to aim for the skull and use blunt force, rather than waste a bullet."

He waited until they had backed away and walked into the doorway. (continue if these things are indeed zombies, he'll retreat if they are not).
There he mustered the most alluring of 'pssht's to the closest zombie, turned around and smacked one of his own buttcheeks. Woman back home had never been able to resist his gorgeous bottom (though he had never used similar tactics on them). He was sure that for a zombie it looked positively irresistible.

Of course he wasn't going to wait around to find out what a zombie's idea of arousal was, but instead went back to his team, luring the zombies along.


Posted on 2015-09-18 at 09:31:23.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 52/18
2251 Posts


Bashing time

After hearing the plan, Sarge slung his rifle and took out his favorite bashing implement; his e-tool. A nice solid handle with a hunk of metal on the end with a nice cutting edge as a bonus. "Wonder if the serrated edge does as good with necks as it does with roots? Guess it is time to find out." Sarge got ready for the bashing to come.


Posted on 2015-09-18 at 10:52:50.

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


swing music

Star had the same thought process as Sarge pulling out her own Entrenching Tool an hefting it as one would a baseball bat. Though she mused the shovel end would work more as an ax then a bat. She couldn't swing as hard as the men in the unit would but she didn't doubt her ability to roll a few heads.


Posted on 2015-09-20 at 18:04:20.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.