The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

We currently have 3057 registered users. Our newest member is LordGaliwyn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics
Q&A Threads - Relistan Q&A- Original Thread=Relistan Q&A
Recruitment Threads - Need a Lady for Trilogy (posted by Tann'Talas)Need a Lady for Trilogy
Q&A Threads - Isle of Putnam- QnA (posted by Ayrn)Isle of Putnam- QnA
Q&A Threads - Fortune's Favoured Q&A (posted by Grugg)Fortune's Favoured Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - Fortune's Favoured: No Shack Is Safe (posted by Nimu)Fortune's Favoured
Latest Blog Entries
Adventures of a Geek Mom - Star Wars Failure
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #11: Keep The Borderlands
Floyd Hobart Filler: Dead Dead Dead
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Other Sci Fi --> Voyages of Rocinante - Serenity/Firefly RPG
Parent thread: Voyages of the Rocinante - Firefly RPG QnA
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: Tann'Talas, Vanadia, Bromern Sal, Odyson, Archangel
    Messages in Voyages of Rocinante - Serenity/Firefly RPG
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Cuteness Onesie
Price: $15.50

Tann'Talas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 145/106
4477 Posts


Oh crap

In the cargo bay, Wolf watched as the mercenaries moved back out of the ship leaving their dead and wounded behind and amazingly not returning fire. Wolf wasting no time went down onto one knee, and steadying the AR opened fire at the retreating men. As he did this he kept his eyes moving all the time hunting the old mercenary. But they were retreating and hotfooting off the ship like rats off a sinking ship. He could hear them running.

His shots as accurate as possible he saw a few take hits as they retreated. However Wolf got a sudden bad feeling in his gut about this, something was not right why all of a sudden stop attacking? Then it hit him and the mechanic’s fear was justified as he picked a comm link from a dead enemy and put it to his ear. “

... Repeat pull back immediately. We have location of violin. You may go live and deal with hostiles with extreme prejudice.”

“Ung Jeong Jia Ching Jien Soh.*”

Wolf muttered under his breath as he realized that if the mercs were running from the ship, then something was about to happen to the ship. At that point, Jon’s message came through his comm. “The mercernaries should have a very bad headache right now. Hopefully debilitating. Best I can do make use of it. *sputter* *sputter* *Fhooosh* “Ummm ... Not sure how long it will last so you may wish to act in haste!!”

Ching-wah TSAO duh liou mahng**…. “John get off the ship now! They are going to destroy it. They know the Violin is not here. Move your ass now!”

Wolf hated to leave John or the ship but knew staying aboard could see him dead. Within seconds he was quickly running off the Rocinante. Slinging the JC across his back, he drew his machine pistols, tracking as best he could any new targets. Heading for a good distance from the ship with decent cover the mechanic hopped to survive a possible losing firefight.

* Filthy fornicators of livestock
**"frog-humping sonofab----"


Posted on 2014-06-29 at 00:29:43.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 105/10
2084 Posts


My apologies for the late post...

The Battle, Wyatt and Havelock in Shuttle 2 LV-426, 1:05 pm PT

There was a part of him that sung the song of a hero about to be laid to rest. It was a joyful, and yet sorrowful, melody that played a long, slow hum in the back of his consciousness as he walked purposefully towards the undying mercenary unloading two more shells from the chamber of his shotgun. Not only did Sung realize that he wouldn’t be able to beat this behemoth in a hand-to-hand melee, but he was positive he was about to die trying to bring the man down. He didn’t fear death. Not like some. Ever since the loss of his wife and daughter, Wyatt Sung had been trying to meet Death in one form or another headlong with a set jaw and a determined, narrow-eyed stare. It would end the hollowness that ate him up at night--the emptiness that had driven him to drink before there was those that brung him back to life each morning. Before Ma had become part of his crew. Before Willow had shown him that love could be something other than what he’d shared with Summer. Before Sam had shown him that there was others that were family.

Now Sam was lost to the Black. Ma and Asher was likely dead in that shuttle that’d gone down. Wolf was just as likely bleeding out in the cargo bay of the disabled ship. Willow, John, Tess… they were likely all dead or dying and it was this mountain’s doing--at least he was a part of it. And it frustrated the hell out of Wyatt that the merc just wouldn’t lie down and die!

Wyatt pulled up on the shotgun and reached for his pocket to thumb another couple of shells back into the shotgun just as the monstrosity in a trenchcoat sprung forward like a jackrabbit and ferociously charged at Captain Sung, apparently done with the casual pace they were setting on killing each other. Instinct took control and the Independent spun to the right, rolling to his right knee and back up again; spinning away from the rapid fire barrage the mercenary was laying down. The move ended with Sung gliding to his booted feet once more, his browncoat wrapping about his legs from the momentum, but it had cost Wyatt the opportunity to reload, and the black-garbed enemy wasn’t letting up.

Suddenly, gunfire erupted from behind the Captain and the giant man staggered back under a hail of bullets. Wyatt turned his head to see Tess was there with an assault rifle, alongside her was another woman he had never seen before, also opening up on the merc. And the huge man finally fell to the ground.

Wyatt drew in a slow breath and raised his left eyebrow at Tess’ timely arrival before he walked over to the fallen man.

“Is that all you got?” the mercenary coughed through bloody spittle.

Wyatt looked him in the eye and leveled his newly reloaded shotgun at the man’s forehead. “It’s enough,” he answered before pulling the trigger and ending the reign of terror.

Just then, the comm activated and John’s voice called out, “The mercenaries should have a very bad headache right now. Hopefully debilitating. Best I can do, make use of it. *sputter* *sputter* *Fhooosh* “Ummm ... Not sure how long it will last so you may wish to act in haste!!”

Nancy called out, “Look who is here. Late as always.”

Wyatt heard the protest of engines as an ASREV plunged downwards out of the sky. It was falling fast, real fast, maybe too fast; but it managed to right itself and then the auto-cannon opened up on the Corvette with tight precise bursts. From the belly of the Fed ship, two figures jumped to the ground in full battle armour but were lost to the view behind Rocinante.

Tess ran to check on Havelock but he was coming around as she did. As Wyatt looked on he heard something on his comm, “...---...---...“

“Ma,” he breathed with a sense of relief and the strange sensation of hope creeping through his battered chest. Wincing a bit as he turned from the gruesome pile of flesh at his feet, Sung rushed back towards the mule as fast as he could. “Tess we gotta go! Ma and Ash went down in that shuttle, but that’s Ma telling us she’s alive.”

Reaching the mule Captain Sung quickly sized Havelock up. “We’ll get you patched up as soon as we can get back t’ Willow, Puhn yoh. You got my word.” Wyatt began helping Havelock into the back seat, accepting whatever assistance Tess and the newcomer offered.

“That ASREV belongs t’ your people I’m assumin’,” he said through teeth he was gritting against the pain his muscles were complaining of as he helped move the gutsy man from the driver’s seat. Looking up at the new woman he paused for just a moment before taking Havelock’s place behind the controls. “We’re mighty appreciative of the heroics the lot o’ ya are showin’. I trust this is a rescue mission fer the high an’ mighties we got shored up, but yer timing couldn’t have been more spot on.”

That said, Captain Sung gunned the mule in the direction of the downed shuttle and what he hoped would be two survivors.


Posted on 2014-07-02 at 03:00:53.

Vanadia
Den Mother
RDI Staff
Karma: 109/12
1144 Posts


A momentary lull

As Willow turned the corner of the cave corridor to the conjugal rooms, she almost ran into Cameron.

“Willow!” Thank Buddha I found you.” He said, relief appearing beneath the mask of fear on his face. It was fear of dying in his eyes but Willow saw genuine concern for her there as well. “Sifu needs you. There are soldiers right outside the cave entrance! He thinks they are blasting their way in.”

Willow tried to ignore the dismay in her heart, but didn’t worry about it showing on her face; only a fool wouldn’t be dismayed at the prospect of soldiers at the door. Instead, she reminded herself that Cameron had known her as a flighty young innocent, but she’d learned a great deal about the world in the meantime. She gave a helpless little shake of the head before exclaiming, “ I got so turned around back here in the gloom of these caves! Did Matheson pass you? I’d asked him to find those clever youngsters to see if they could help me get a message out.”

(OOC: after discussion with DM for Cameron’s reaction…)

Cameron looked puzzled at the question, looking back the way he came before returning his gaze back to Willow’s. “No…no, I didn’t see him…that’s strange. I don’t know how he got passed me…but what do you need?”

Willow had been watching his expression covertly, but his puzzlement seemed genuine…he’d not been the one to confront and kill Matheson – she was almost certain. To be sure, she idly waved at the communication console and continued,” I wanted to see if we could get a message out. Maybe those boys could figure a way past the block.”

If Cameron had wanted to get at the violin, and know where it was, this would have been the opening he needed, but he barely glanced at the console.

“I don’t know that it matters, my dear,” He responded, trying to lead Willow back to the main area,” I think whatever was done to jam the cortex is gone – we heard everyone’s security tags go off as they were about to connect. If you wanted to call for help, dearie, it’s already on its way to every rich person’s distress signal. We just have to survive these soldiers. Can we please go, now?”

Willow let herself be led away, satisfied that Cameron seemed all that he appeared to be. As they headed back to the main cavern, Cameron leaned in confidentially to Willow.

“Listen, about earlier. I know I’ve already apologized and you said I didn’t have to, but, well, dammit, I’m embarrassed and worried. I’m trying to rebuild my life and reputation…I can’t have something like this get out and ruin me again.”

Despite her misgivings about seeing Cameron again, the worry in his voice touched her. She squeezed his arm reassuringly,” I have no reason to speak of it to anyone, and Amber’s eager to put the episode behind her, too. Maybe Portia Amber may want to make a fuss, but this can could reflect badly on her, too. I don’t think you have cause to worry…besides, we have to survive the soldiers, right?”

Willow quickened her pace so that now it was Cameron hurrying to keep up with her. She reached the main cavern and began looking for Sifu.


Posted on 2014-07-04 at 02:07:15.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 275/31
4677 Posts


Going down in a blaze of glory

The Battle, Asher near Rocinante and destroyed shuttle LV-426, 1:15 pm PT

Vasques pulled a med from its casing. She applied a Foam Sealant spray to Asher’s wounds to stop the bleeding. Then she pulled out a hypo-spray while drawing out a vial. Slipping the vial into the holder she shot three consecutive doses into Asher’s neck.

*PAFF*
*PAFF*
*PAFF*

Within seconds the surge passed through the body. “Oh yeah…that’s it.” Asher Said, “Thank you Lieutenant…I’ll be back as soon a Ma is safe, save some of that Yi Dwei Da Buen Chuo Roh for me.. I gotta score to settle.”

Vasques looked at the bodies oozing blood from the bullets Asher had put through their skulls, “Well you got a good start.. hurry back we need a shot like you. Here!” She handed the foam and the hypospray to Asher, "In case your Ma needs it. Just plug and play, you know what I mean."

The kid nodded, then headed double time back to the shuttle.

Whatever the fed had given worked wonders on Asher's system. The pain from his wounds were gone and he felt like he had energy again. Of course, he knew he'd pay for it later. Right now, he was running to the shuttle and still hearing the signal from Ma.

Behind him, there was an explosion and a burst of auto-cannon fire. he looked behind him to see something had separated from the Corvette and it was going down while the smaller craft was moving up. But he did not have time for that and there was little he could do. As he approached the shuttle wreckage, he couldn't see how she could have been in there and survived. Ash looked around frantically think of where he'd dive for cover if the situation was reversed. There was a ridge of hard rock close by so he went there.

A pink figure laid under the remains of the front of the shuttle. Part of the wreckage had pinned her down on her right leg but the debris from the shuttle probably shielded her from the blast of the missiles. Asher ran to her but as he did, he heard something behind him, the slight drag of a boot on dirt.

(Assuming Asher is not looking to talk)

Asher drew both guns and spun to see the leader he had faced on the field behind him. Even with his gun drawn and not hampered by the brain worm, Asher proved to be faster. He shot the gun out of his hand first, then fired a barrage of bullets into the chest, and the last shot going through the merc's neck. He fell back, gasping and bleeding out from the wound.

The Battle, Inside but moving outside of Rocinante, LV-426, 1:15 pm PT

“John get off the ship now! They are going to destroy it. They know the Violin is not here. Move your ass now!” Wolf hated to leave John or the ship but knew staying aboard could see him dead. Within seconds he was quickly running off the Rocinante. Slinging the JC across his back, he drew his machine pistols, tracking as best he could any new targets. Heading for a good distance from the ship with decent cover the mechanic hopped to survive a possible losing firefight.

"Umm. No can do Fenris *Foosh* Foosh*" John replied, "Tell Willow I'm sorry about her infirmary. duì bù qǐ guǎi mǎ jiǎo! *Foosh* Oh Gorram it to hell!"

Wolf ran out the cargo bay hatch to see a man in Fed Marshall battle armour taking out mercs with a energy pulse machine gun. The mercs were all falling down grasping their heads in pain so whatever John had done was working. The Fed looked over at him and screamed "On your left!"

Wolf turned his head and threw himself to the right out of instinct and it served him well. The soldier with the cannon of a handgun had been lining him up within his sights but the timely dodge saved Wolf's life. The mechanic opened up on the old man with both machine guns and this time, he had no bulkhead to hide behind. The hail of bullets took him down hard and Wolf did not let up for a second until both clips were empty.

The Fed ran up to him, still shooting at the remaining enemies, "You crew? That was totally badass! you hurt? Where is the rest of the crew? Found a blond kid who went off to find his ma." The man asked questions rapidly but still watched the battlefield with a trained eye. "Vasques! I got another live one. Guy just killed a boss big time - game over man!" He clicked his comm mike once, "Colonel! Something is humping these guys brains hard. Ain't fighting back, clinging to their heads like my ex on a date night."


The Battle,Nancy, Tess, Wyatt and Havelock LV-426, 1:15 pm PT

"Tess we gotta go! Ma and Ash went down in that shuttle, but that’s Ma telling us she’s alive.”

Reaching the mule Captain Sung quickly sized Havelock up. “We’ll get you patched up as soon as we can get back t’ Willow, Puhn yoh. You got my word.” Wyatt began helping Havelock into the back seat, accepting whatever assistance Tess and the newcomer offered. To his surprise though, Havelock nods sharply and moves on his own to the back seat.

"Don't Worry about me Captian. Just winded".

"Let me check you anyway, "The Blonde lady said as she sat beside the old warrior and opened the med kit she was hauling.

“That ASREV belongs t’ your people I’m assumin’,” Wyatt said through teeth he was gritting against the pain his muscles were complaining of as he helped move the gutsy man from the driver’s seat. Looking up at the new woman he paused for just a moment before taking Havelock’s place behind the controls. “We’re mighty appreciative of the heroics the lot o’ ya are showin’. I trust this is a rescue mission fer the high an’ mighties we got shored up, but yer timing couldn’t have been more spot on.”

"Name is Callahan, Nancy Callahan Federal Marshall. I was deep uncover with this guys, buy decided blowing cover was more important than a whole lot of people dying." She gave Havelock a shot of something with the spray and looked at his wounds but he brushed her off.

"Doing dandy young lady. I remember once on Hera I took a lot more rounds than this and still made tea for the unit afterward. Steady on."

That said, Captain Sung gunned the mule in the direction of the downed shuttle and what he hoped would be two survivors. Nancy shifted positions with Tess and hit the Captain with the spray as well, "This is what Marv there was hyped on so I don't want to give you more than one. " The Captain immediately felt the pain dissipate and alertness return to his mind. "We need to get to that transmitter you fellow john is building. I have the codes to most of these men. We can end this quick."

As Wyatt sped his way to the ship, there were mercs on the ground, crawling and writhing in pain and agony. Whatever John had done, it seemed to be working. Nancy leans over and says quietly, "Listen, I have no idea how this guy is still moving. His vest is destroyed and he is bleeding from multiple wounds."

A soldier in Federal Marshall marker and battle armour was moving near the front of Rocinante, using a huge gun to mow down the remaining mercenaries. She looked over your way but seemed to sum you up as not a threat. Just as you are pulling up, there is an explosion from Corvette. A smaller vessel disengages from the hull and heads upward as the corvette lists sharply and starts to descend rapidly.

"No! No! He can't gorram escape!" Nancy shouted up at the ship. "Take him out! Take him out now!"

The Battle, Victoria Class Corvette Zhuósàng, LV-426, 1:15 pm PT

Bart swore loudly as he tried to target the ASREV. They took out his weapon controls . So he tried to pull back and get away and they took out the flight controls. "Aaaah!" he yelled at no one, "Stop shooting holes in my gorram ship!"

Suddenly the violin and all the money promised seemed like a weight around his neck and he wasn't willing to be dragged down. He flipped a switch and spoke into the computer interface, "Self-destruct activate. Code Bart Zero Zero Zero Bart." Without a look to the crew he was leaving behind, and headed for his personal shuttle.

It was ready and waiting for him when he reached the controls, as part of the self destruct sequence it activated automatically. He jumped into the control seat and pushed the engines for max lift-off. With some luck, he could clear Atmo before they realized the corvette was gonna blow.

The Battle, Federal Marshall ASREV, LV-426, 1:15 pm PT

"Sir, I getting a high power flux for their core." Hicks reported.

"What?" Sanders looked at his console. "Gorram it! They wouldn't! Can you kill the core?"

The Shuttle disengaged from the corvette rapidly.

"Sir! They are rabbiting! I can't do the core and take the shuttle."

"Damn them! Take the core out or we are all dead!!!!"

LV-426, The Caves 1:00 pm PT

Willow entered the main command area of the caves with Cameron. Sifu was there along with Jessie, Lord Hood and the Boys from before. Sifu nodded to Willow, " there are men setting up a rocket launcher outside our doorway." he said pointing at the camera monitor on the wall. "We just got an odd message from them. They said that they received our message and if we give them the violin, they will take it and go without harming anyone." Sifu shrugged, "but we did not send them any message."

"Does it matter," Lord Hood asked, "I don't see how we have much choice. Obviously they have defeated Captain Wyatt and his men. We can't hold them off. We are out gunned and out-manned." he looked around at everyone with sad eyes seeming to accept a defeat. "I will volunteer to take the case to them. A man in my position is more valuable alive than dead."

Posted on 2014-07-07 at 21:04:14.
Edited on 2014-07-07 at 21:05:25 by Alacrity

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 125/22
4001 Posts


You Think?

The stimulant in the Lieutenant had given Ash did the trick, the pain was gone. The kid took the med supplies and hot footed toward the smoking shuttle. A side effect of the stimulant was that it had Asher’s libido roaring too. He could think of several ways to show Lieutenant Vasques how to peel off that body armor to revil her “Big Guns”, then she’d learn what the crew of the “Naughty” could do.

The pulse over the comm shock the kid back to reality and focus his concentration on getting to Trish. Behind him cam e the sounds of explosion and auto-cannon fire. A quick glance and he saw the Corvette going down as something separated from it. The kid didn’t have time for that battle at the moment and closed on the shuttle remains. From what he saw he knew that there was nothing inside that shell, but signal still kept coming. Asher scanned the area quickly to see if there might be some other pieces laying around. There behind some of the hilly stuffy wuffy was the remains of the front of the shuttle. Peeking out front under was Trish’s pink hood cape. Trish had survived but her leg was pinned under the metal. Asher rushed to help her but as moved her the drag of a boot in the gravel ground behind him.

The hypo-spray had also heightened his senses and reaction. In clean quick move the gun slinger spun and drew the Peacekeepers. There behind him gun drawn was big man that had nearly killed him before Vasques had showed up. Much like the gun battle he had survived in the mine the mind was crystal clear and his actions were smooth fury. His drawn pistols roared before the big man could squeeze his trigger. The floor of lead sent the big gun flying and marched up the mercenary’s chest. The man fell back as the last drove his neck ripping flesh and bone as it exited. The dust settled around the corpus as a large pool of blood coursed over the dried ground.

Asher holstered his guns and ran back to Trish. Taking care he checked her injuries and bound her wounds and gave her a single dose of pain killer. She could see the tracks in the dusty dirt on the young man’s cheeks as he dug her leg free of the wreckage. Asher pulled her clear and as he gently settled her on the hill side Trish wiped the dirt from the kids face so no one else would see.

Asher keyed his comm, “Ma is safe, I’m leaving her here near the shuttle……….I need to get to the caves.” Asher prepared to head back the help Vasques when Trish grabbed his sleeve and pointed to pink shotgun laying in the dirt. The grabbed the gun and when he turned Ma was limping toward him there with her hand out. He just knew she wasn’t going to stay put.


Posted on 2014-07-14 at 17:35:44.

Tann'Talas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 145/106
4477 Posts


A Die Hard moment............

The Battle outside Rocinante, LV-426, 1:15 pm PT

"John get off the ship now! They are going to destroy it. They know the Violin is not here. Move your ass now!"

"Umm. No can do Fenris *Foosh* Foosh*" John replied, "Tell Willow I'm sorry about her infirmary. du¨¬ b¨´ q¨« gu¨£i m¨£ ji¨£o! *Foosh* Oh Gorram it to hell!"

Wolf ran out the cargo bay hatch with both machine pistols in hand still looking for the Meh, tah mah duh hwoon dahn* with the big caliber handgun he had traded fire with inside the bay. Scanning quickly his attention was caught by the sight of a man in the armor of a Federal Marshall taking out mercs with a energy pulse machine gun. With the mercs all falling down grasping their heads in pain the Fed was having an easy time of it. Just then the Fed looked over at him and screamed "On your left!"

Not waiting to see what was to his left Wolf threw himself to the right out of instinct and it served him well. The big gun Mercenary Wolf had been looking for had been lining him up within his sights but the timely dodge saved the mechanics life. Rolling up on one knee Wolf let fly with both MP's watching as the hail of bullets as he emptied both clips tore the merc apart.

Standing, Wolf holstered both MP's as he approached the downed merc and brought the JC back into his hands. Reaching the clearly dead merc, Wolf took the JC, pointed it at mercs forehead, and pulled the trigger once.

"Yippee-ki-yay Motherf..... That's for Slash and Hack"

Turning to head deeper into the conflict to find the rest of his crewmates, he found himself instead face to face with the Federal Marshal as the man ran up to him.

"You crew? That was totally badass! you hurt? Where is the rest of the crew? Found a blond kid who went off to find his ma." ASH! the kid was alive and looking for Trish. Wolf thought to himself in joy.

"Vasques! I got another live one. Guy just killed a boss big time - game over man!" He clicked his comm mike once, "Colonel! Something is humping these guys brains hard. Ain't fighting back, clinging to their heads like my ex on a date night."

"Yeah I'm crew, mechanic, that's a brain jamming signal from the ship, you can thank us later" Wolf told the hyper Marshal before him. "Which way did the blonde kid go?"

Once told Wolf reloaded both MP's and the JC and headed off in that direction determined to find the rest of the Rocinante's crew..............



Posted on 2014-07-20 at 02:44:57.
Edited on 2014-07-20 at 02:47:31 by Tann'Talas

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D RPG Life forums, gamer blogs, D&D resources, roleplaying chat, dungeon maps Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.