The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: Eol Fefalas
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by t_catt11)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Alacrity)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Raven)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by breebles)LLE - WoT
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Other Sci Fi --> Voyages of Rocinante - Serenity/Firefly RPG
Parent thread: Voyages of the Rocinante - Firefly RPG QnA
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: TannTalas, Bromern Sal, Eol Fefalas, Odyson
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Voyages of Rocinante - Serenity/Firefly RPG
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Evil Womens
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Evil Womens
Price: $16.50

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6290 Posts


Engine down part one

One minute everything was running smooth the next little things started going wrong. the main thing a drifting power fluctuation seemingly random. However as Wolf dug deeper, he could see a sort of pattern not normal to the running of the Rocinante engines. Having checked those same engines before lift off from Beylix, Wolf knew something was not right. However before he could determine the source of the power fluctuations, power suddenly died and the ship’s mechanic, wanna be gunslinger, was left in the darkness of the engine room.

The smell of fried machinery reached his nose and zeroing in on the biggest concentration he moved closer to the smell. Within moments emergency lighting was on and Wolf immediately started opening engine ports and found himself in front of the Trace Compression Block facing a clearly burnt out Grav Dampener and a melted Aft Alternator. Without those parts, Wolf knew there was no power and no steering.

“Ching-wah TSAO duh liou mahng”* Wolf exclaimed to himself. This was not right he had checked and double checked those parts along with the rest and they had been as good as any other part in the ship’s engines. For them to fail in such a way spoke to the experienced mechanic of some type of sabotage. Knowing Wyatt would be calling any minute he quickly moved to the comm. unit to let him know what was going on with his ship and just then the Captain did indeed call ship wide.

"Someone mind telling me what's going on?"
“Captain its Fenris, we’ve lost the Grav Dampener and Aft Alternator both are down, but I think repairable, but its gonna take time.”
(Assuming some interaction here that can be back posted to as needed)
As Wolf signed off from the Captain he turned to find the uncle of Wyatt’s dead wife standing behind him looking into the same Trace Compression Block as he himself had earlier.

“Not good....I take it you have spares?” Though the older gentleman’s question was hopeful, Wolf still caught a hint of possible denial in the tone of it.

“Not for the Aft Alternator no sir Mr. Bowmen. As for the Grav Dampener I’ll have to check ship’s supply, I’m headed there now, then I need to suit up and check the outside of the ship. I could use the help to carry it or any other parts if we do have them and to watch my back when I go outside the ship....”
(OOC: Ok I stopped here as I’m not sure if we have said extra parts though in all honesty Wolf would know what’s on board right? If needed I can edit the post with more RP once, Al, you let me know yes or no)
Ok I went ahead and edited the post to reflect added information I got in PM from Alacrity today and to correct my boo boo as to YeOlde's character
*"frog-humping son of a b***h"


Posted on 2010-12-14 at 05:59:41.
Edited on 2010-12-14 at 21:01:01 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Assistance!

“Not good… “he said with a sigh and look at Wolf, “I take it you have spares?” His tone was hopeful yet also carried a hint of possible denial .. in his past experience he knew that ships like this one.. much like his last ship .. seldom carried much in the way of spare parts.. the money just wasn’t there most of the time.

“Not for the Aft Alternator no sir Mr. Bowmen. As for the Grav Dampener I’ll have to check ship’s supply, I’m headed there now, then I need to suit up and check the outside of the ship. I could use the help to carry it or any other parts if we do have them and to watch my back when I go outside the ship....”
“I would be glad to assist you,” Andrew answered as he followed Wolf, “and as I’ve said before please call me Andrew.” He smiled slightly as he followed to help him look for parts and to assist in whatever way he could in checking the outer hull of the ship.. he had a thought and then spoke it as he walked with Wolf.

“Maybe I could go outside and check out the hull,” he said with a shrug, “your services might be better served here inside making repairs… I think I know enough to spot a problem without if it exists.” He smiled slightly.. he would admit he didn’t know these systems as well as Wolf.. but he wasn’t a novice at things like these.. especially electrical problems were more in his area.

(Edited to adjust for Tann's edit and also to add a last minute thought )



Posted on 2010-12-14 at 12:14:39.
Edited on 2010-12-15 at 12:00:59 by YeOlde

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 142/11
3792 Posts


Received.

With Wolf's answer hanging in the galley, Wyatt frowned.

"Didn't you check those before lift off?"

(OOC: receiving an affirmative I'm assuming.)

Sighing, Sung scanned the galley as though he'd find the answer there. He didn't like it when things on the ship failed, and he liked it less when they failed inexplicably. At first he was a little perturbed that Wolf would have missed something so vital. Hadn't Kara vouched for his skill? But just as quickly as the doubt came to mind, so to did Wyatt berate himself for blaming Fenris. The man had proven to be nothing if not indefatigable and trustworthy.

"Well, we've precious little time enough, Wolf. So, get the crew organized with whatever you need to get it done. There's more'n one deadline if'n you know what I mean."

Releasing the com, Wyatt gave pause for one minute before turning and heading up to cockpit. He was intent on seeing if there wasn't something he could do to get them moving again.


Posted on 2010-12-15 at 22:33:53.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6290 Posts


Engine Down Part Two

(Back post to before turning to see Bowmen looking into engine)
"Didn't you check those before lift off?"
"Yes sir Cap’n I did and everything was grade A.” Wolf then, without realizing it, lowered his voice though he was only talking to Wyatt and not the whole ship. “Captain between you and I, I think this was no accident but I’ll have to e-vac outside the ship to be sure.”
"Well, we've precious little time enough, Wolf. So, get the crew organized with whatever you need to get it done. There's more'n one deadline if'n you know what I mean."
“Yes sir, I’m on it”
(Time warp to hallway with Bowmen)
“Maybe I could go outside and check out the hull, your services might be better served here inside making repairs... I think I know enough to spot a problem without if it exists.”
“No offense sir.... I mean Mr Bowmen... I mean Andrew..but you’re a guest on Rocinante and family to the Captain, if I let you get hurt I would be in deep Kimchee with him worse then I am right now and he would have my ass. I’ll do the e-vac but I’m still gonna need your help.”

Stopped here to allow more possibe interaction with YeOlde





Posted on 2010-12-15 at 23:12:59.
Edited on 2010-12-15 at 23:15:55 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Allow me to retort!!!

“No offense sir.... I mean Mr Bowmen... I mean Andrew..but you’re a guest on Rocinante and family to the Captain, if I let you get hurt I would be in deep Kimchee with him worse then I am right now and he would have my ass. I’ll do the e-vac but I’m still gonna need your help.”
Andrew stopped in the hallway and took Wolf’s arm to halt him, “Listen.. I’m aiming to be part of this crew… and just because I’m family to the Captain should be no never mind to putting me in danger.. iffin my help outside either alone.. or to assist you out there.. will get the job done and quicker.. then that is what I aim to do.” He let go of Wolf’s arm and look at him with a raised eyebrow, “So are we good or should me disturb the Captain with this minor matter? I think he has enough to worry about at the moment.. don’t you?”

Andrew waited on Wolf’s reply but from his stance and demeanor it was clear that only Wyatt’s order would silence him on this matter.. and he was waiting to see if Wolf was willing to bother Wyatt with this issue.




Posted on 2010-12-17 at 11:59:04.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6290 Posts


Moving things along

“Listen.. I’m aiming to be part of this crew… and just because I’m family to the Captain should be no never mind to putting me in danger.. iffin my help outside either alone.. or to assist you out there.. will get the job done and quicker.. then that is what I aim to do. So are we good or should me disturb the Captain with this minor matter? I think he has enough to worry about at the moment.. don’t you?”
Wolf took a minute to think things through, though Mr. Bowmen...Andrew...was family to the Captain he was his own person and said he wanted to be part of the crew. Wolf had to admit any help the old man could give would be a boon and could easily speed up any repair time. However if he got hurt how would Wyatt respond.....??

“Ok Andrew I’ll accept your help but I’m lead on this ok”
(Ok awaiting his response also Alacrity being the ship’s mechanic what would I repair first, inside or outside??)



Posted on 2010-12-21 at 00:19:53.
Edited on 2010-12-21 at 00:20:22 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Let's suit up!

“Ok Andrew I’ll accept your help but I’m lead on this ok”
Andrew smiled slightly at his minor victory... he nodded at Wolf and replied, "Of Course... Im not trying take over the maintenance of this ship.. she is yours.. Im just wanting to help and feel useful."

He gestured for Wolf to continue, "Lead the way."

He followed him .. ready to suit up and get busy repairing the ship... sitting around without power or mobility was not a good position.


Posted on 2010-12-21 at 02:11:00.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 142/11
3792 Posts


Wyatt's turn to be twitchy...

Wyatt deactivated the com and leaned his left forearm against the cool bulkhead while he stared back towards the engine room. The concept of sabotage to Rocinante made him sick to his stomach. The ship was more than a home. She was part of his family and to hurt her was to hurt him. Who would want cause them harm? What could be the purpose behind the sabotage?

There was a short list of suspects as far as he could conjure. There were those who didn't want the ice transported, that dangerous school marm Bridgette...there was the possibility that whatever Willow had involved herself in had somehow leaked out into the rest of the crew's business, or even that one of those they'd just dropped off had left something behind...

Wyatt turned and abruptly headed for the bridge. It really didn't matter who it was right now. There could only be two reasons in the captain's mind to disable a ship in the Black. The first would be to come and board it, while the second would be to keep them from reaching their destination in time. That meant that there were two immediate dangers even above the threat of life support failing. The crew had to be prepared for danger, and those on the asteroid had to be warned of a possible threat.

"Sam," Sung drawled as he strode through the door. "Before the systems failure, did our scanners pick anything unusual up? Short range, or long?"

(OOC: answer pending...)

"OK, so here's the gorram situation as I can conjure. I want you strapped for bear, and yer eyes peeled. I ain't positive, but we could be in for some company. I don't know whether it would be fromm whatever Willow's gotten herself mixed up in, that she-devil Bridgette and her lackeys, or some other evil, but we ain't floating dead in the water for no reason. Wolf said he double checked everything before we left, and he believes that there's ill play at hand.

"Now, seein' how I might just be twitchy 'bout our situation, the only other reason I could conjure would be to keep us from droppin' our cargo. Whether that be for financial purposes, or to bring harm to those at the mine, I don't know, but either way we've got to find a way to warn 'em."

Sung gave his friend a hard stare. "We need the radio fixed. You see what you can do about that an' I'll bring everyone else up to speed."

(OOC: Room for discussion, suggestions, etc.)

Wyatt didn't usually carry while on board with just the crew (he always carried when they had passengers--and he asked the crew to as well), so he dropped down the ladder to his bunk and loaded himself up. All of his weapons were in place including his shotgun. He wasnt about to risk anything to chance.

Outfitted properly, he regained the hall and sought out Willow and Ma.

(OOC: To Willow)

"Willow, we got more trouble than first expected. I want you to stay in your bunk until this blows over...and keep the door locked. Don't let no one in 'cept they be one of the crew." (OOC:If she asks for more of an explanation, he'll add that he suspects they might be hosting company soon).

(OOC: To Ma)

Wyatt may have been the captain of Rocinante, but he rarely, if ever, ordered Ma around. "We might be subject to an infiltration attempt, so keep yourself armed and ready, please. I don't know who, or when, but why else would we be sabotaged? Yes. Wolf thinks that our current situation is due to sabotage. So, be careful, and arm yourself."

(OOC: back by the com.)

The standard procedure for a space walk includes carrying a ship-linked com set. Wyatt didn't want anyone to experience anything in the Black without being able to communicate their needs inside. So, upon returning to the bridge to help Sam with the communications, he hit the com again.

"Wolf?" Wyatt's tone was level...even a little cheerful. "Is Andrew with you? Yes? Good...couldn't find him, so how's it going?"

(OOC: I doubt mechanical engineering will do much for the communications systems, but he'll give it a try while he's on the bridge. He'll do whatever he can to get the sensors back as soon as he can as well.)



Posted on 2010-12-21 at 06:05:18.

Vanadia
Den Mother
RDI Staff
Karma: 111/12
1188 Posts


Willow

Willow was seated in the medical bay, her lithe figure curled into the lotus position on the examination table as she leafed idly through an old book. Although it normally held her captivated (indeed, it was most instructive tome, and over time had accumulated Willow's own observations and notes, jotted carefully in the margin), today The Kama Sutra and its Application in Therapeutic Medicine could not distract her from her musings.

Sighing, the doctor set the aged book aside carefully and picked up a tiny carved jade teacup in both hands, inhaling the delicate scent before sipping the near scalding liquid. The heat burned past lips and down her throat, but failed to warm the coldness inside.

It was Pearson. He'd troubled her, and the memory bothered her still. He'd come to the medical bay, and helped her with Chad's preparations, and he'd been polite enough, almost amicable. He'd not been offended by her somewhat imperious insistence that he help, and he'd been an attentive and strong arm at her side. They'd spoken while they worked, and Willow has used her training in selecting clients to try to understand the lawman. This was perhaps a mistake.

Pearson (Call me Luke, if you'd like, ma'am) hadn't taken any pleasure in the killing of Sloat - he wasn't the sort of twisted folk that took to the law in order to feed dark needs, but he hadn't felt any remorse, either. He'd not hesitated to take down a man he perceived to be a criminal, and he would do it again, and feel the same quiet satisfaction of a job well done.

That's what chilled Willow the most: Pearson had felt the same about the killing as he did about cleaning his gun, or writing a letter, or any simple task that could be done without much thought.

Ending a life should take some thought, she'd started to tell him, but he'd only apologized for upsetting her. He was clearly puzzled by her reaction, and she'd finally asked him to leave. She'd been cold ever since.

*Pop*

Willow felt the sound more than she heard it: a brief feeling of pressure against her eardrums and a tightness on her skin. She was plunged into darkness so complete that she wondered if her eyes were even open before the emergency lighting snapped on.

She unwound herself from the lotus position - serenity's seeking abandoned - and carefully made her way towards the bridge. Before she got far, Wyatt met her.

"Willow, we got more trouble than first expected. I want you to stay in your bunk until this blows over...and keep the door locked. Don't let no one in 'cept they be one of the crew."

"Captain-san, who else would it be, if not crew," she began, thinking he was making some sort of odd jest, but then she spotted the weapon strapped in place. She paled in the eerie light of the emergency lighting and the half smile on her lips vanished.

"Of course, Captain, I'll be out of everyone's way until I get an all-clear." She let the captain continue on his way, telling him she'd last seen Trish in the kitchen, then made her way to the engine room.

The acid tang of burnt electrical wiring and the equally acid string of curses would have been a guide if Willow had lost her way, but she was sure-footed in the ship that had become her home. She soon found Wolf and Bowman surrounded by unidentifiable bits of ship, both looking worried.

"Gentlemen," she began, summoning all the warmth she didn't feel but wanted to gift to the men before her," Captain has asked me to make myself scarce so that I'm not underfoot. I did want to see if there is anything I can do to be of help, first," she glided forward and took one of Andrew's and Fenris' hands each into one of her own, squeezing gently and applying subtle pressure in a pattern to promote relaxation and well-being.

"I know you will both do your very best to get our dear Rocinante galloping again. Please accept my thanks and confidence."

(OOC: Transferring plot points, dear DM )



Posted on 2011-01-02 at 02:02:41.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Preparations

"Gentlemen," Willow began, summoning all the warmth she didn't feel but wanted to gift to the men before her," Captain has asked me to make myself scarce so that I'm not underfoot. I did want to see if there is anything I can do to be of help, first," she glided forward and took one of Andrew's and Fenris' hands each into one of her own, squeezing gently and applying subtle pressure in a pattern to promote relaxation and well-being.

"I know you will both do your very best to get our dear Rocinante galloping again. Please accept my thanks and confidence."

When Andrew began feeling the relaxation and general calming feelings as they moved from his hands up his arms and into his body he raised an eyebrow. He had been around and had felt the touch and ‘techniques’ of a Companion and was surprised to find the same kind of feeling coming from the ship’s Doctor. This slight surprise might have shown a little bit on his face but he didn’t show any signs of discomfort or disapproval; only mild surprise.

“Thank you Maam,” Andrew said with a smile before slowly releasing her hand and getting back to prep to leave the ship, “I cant think of anything other than your moral support of confidence that you can do right now. Perhaps Wolf can think of something. “

He went back to gather any tools they might need and getting ready to get into their suits and go EVA… it had been awhile for him but he had done it enough that he wasn’t nervous about it… though he was feeling anxious about who or what could be responsible for this problem… it definitely seemed like sabotage… but the only ones left on board were crew… except for him really. He began to wonder when the rest of the crew would realize it and then the doubts would grow. He sighed slightly as he knew the problems were just about to start.



Posted on 2011-01-05 at 12:24:56.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6220 Posts


Take a walk on the Wild Side

OOC: There are places for conversation I will let you fill in.

Enroute to Lullabelle Mine, Day Eight 9:30 am - 2:30 pm Ship Time
Walking on the side of a boat drifting in the black was always a precarious situation. The boots were magnetic to hold to the hull but a slip or mis-step could be a long leap into nothingness for the rest of a short life. Knowing this, Andrew and Wolf suit up and head out with tools in hand. Neither had a case for a gun but Sam "borrow" two side arm vac-case from Asher so they could use sidearms. Always best to be cautious but so far no sign of visitors.

Wyatt and Sam were armed for a tussle and Ma had changed into a black tactical armour with full helmet - a gift from an old film. It made her look menacing if weren't for the pink shotgun she carried. Wyatt and Sam moved to the cockpit so they could talk to mechanics as they worked.

Willow confined herself to her room and waited as patiently as she could. She quietly said a prayer for the two men who were the only hope of saving their lives.

Once outside, the two men turned on their comm so that the they could keep in touch. Wolf and Andrew moved to the lower side of the ship - the panels that would be accessible while they were on the ground. There was no sign of physical damage to the ship as they walked slowly across Rocinante They separated but stayed within sight of each other. Both tied off to the ship whever they stopped to check a panel.

It took two hours to find it. The obvious panels proved clean but then Wolf opened up the cover on the secondary coupling, port side and saw something that didn't belong. it was a hand-made device, looked a bit like a funnel with the low end coupled to the main power. It was then wired in again, and again and at least four more times - a mess of interwoven and tied together wiring. On the top of the device was a bulging package with two electrodes attached. At first Wolf thought it was explosive but they wouldn't work in the black. Andrew gave the package a slight squeeze and it squished to his touch.

"Scrapper's gel." he said. The two looked at each other across the panel. If they pulled the plug on this thing, it would charge the gel and it would burn its way through the hull and power system. But by putting on top, the perpetrator was just making them waste time - they had to go slowly and trace the power route.

Wolf sets down the tools so that he and Bowman can get to work. Whoever did this was good - too good as it is a masterful hump job. After about an hour, Andrew has a eureka moment and is able to disconnect three wires at once as it was a false lead. That leaps to Wolf find the rest of the connections that are false and tracking down the really source of power. The device is sucking power off the ship, very slowly to charge internal battery. Once the batter charged enough, it sent a surge into the main power coupling and fried the fail-safe. After another hour, the device is removed and the system is rewired. It goes smoothly except for one thing - when removed it vibrates and then goes dead. On Sam's screen, the communication monitor beeps - a transmission was sent. Sam immediate tries to jam it but it is too late, and too short. All he can determine is it when to Regina.

Wolf and Andrew double check all the other lower panels quickly before they move inside. Whoever could set this up might have a back up. But no other device or sabotage is found.

Once back inside, Wolf gets to work on the Aft alternator and Andrew takes a look at the device. He removes the scrapper gel pack first, for safety sake, and finds a clue to the identity of the person who sabotage the ship. On the back side of the gel pack is a red lipstick kiss. The rest of the device is the internal battery, the power drain, a miniature transmitter and duct tape. The battery was set for eight days of drain.

Who knew you'd be in the black at least eight days and wears red lipstick?

As Andrew takes his findings to the Captain and Sam, the communication panel lights up again. Incoming live wave this time - from Frisco, Regina for Willow - marked Urgent.


Posted on 2011-01-10 at 00:37:29.
Edited on 2011-01-10 at 00:39:27 by Alacrity

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6290 Posts


1357

With tool kit in hand and followed by the Captain’s ex-father in law Wolf made his way along the ship’s hull to the area of the explosion. With each’s comm unit on to keep in touch they both began a slow methodical search of the outer hull. However much to Wolf’s growing concern at first there was no sign of physical damage to the ship as they walked slowly across Rocinante. At times though separated they stayed within sight of each other, tied off to the ship whenever they stopped to check a panel.

Finally after almost 2 hours Wolf found what they were looking for, hidden behind supposedly clean panels, a hand held device, covered by a packet of gel. At first thinking it some type of explosive, it was Andrew who clarified Wolf’s thinking.

“Scrappers gel”
“Tzao gao, ok Andrew we need to go slow on this.”
More long minutes of tracing and cutting and finally both the gel and device were free. Quickly rechecking to make sure of no second device Wolf, once more in the lead, and Andrew moved back inside. As the ship’s mechanic moved to begin work on the Aft Alternator, Andrew, with device and gel in hand left the engine room and headed out.

Before he was completely out the door Wolf called to him.

“Thanks for the help Andrew......And welcome to the crew.”


Posted on 2011-01-12 at 22:48:39.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Exposure

Andrew admitted to himself that he didn’t like the space walk… it had been a while since he had done this and the thought of slipping and drifting off wasn’t a comforting one. Without power the ship wouldn’t be able to come and get him either… so he was cautious as he moved about the exterior of the hull.

When he saw the Scrappers gel he knew that someone planned to do away with them all and in a rather nasty way.

” Tzao gao, ok Andrew we need to go slow on this.” Wolf said needlessly.

Andrew only nodded as he worked with him to dismantle the device safely. He noticed his hands shake a little bit and calmed them as best he could.. he must be getting old.. things like this didn’t use to bother him so much.

Once it was disarmed and they had checked the rest of the area for more devices, they returned inside and Andrew was glad to be out of that suit and back on solid deck. He turned to leave the engine room and heading to talk to Wyatt when Wolf called to him.


“Thanks for the help Andrew......And welcome to the crew.”
Andrew smirked at the words and nodded then continued on his way cradling the device carefully in his hands. He wasn’t sure that he was part of the crew yet. Actually being new and unknown to most on board he was sure that he was a prime suspect in the sabotage… there were no other visitors on board so it only made sense that he would be considered. He wasn’t even sure this device and the evidence it suggested would remove suspicion from him. He would have to wait and see what Wyatt and the others thought.

Arriving at the Bridge, Andrew stepped in to hear the sounds of an incoming communication. He looked at Wyatt and glanced down to the things in his hands. He walked over to a clear area and set them down there.

“Here is what we found… nasty device designed to kill us in about 8 days after dustoff” He lifted the scrapper’s gel pack carefully and turned it over showing the lipstick mark, “whomever it was couldn’t resist leaving their calling card.”

He looked up at Wyatt looking for any sign of recognition in his eyes. Andrew was sure they had enemies.. and female ones were usually in short supply.. so the list was probably a short one.



Posted on 2011-01-13 at 12:13:19.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 142/11
3792 Posts


The porridge thickens...or the plot...or something is thick...

The situation they were in wasn't a good one no matter how Wyatt cut it. They were likely sabotaged, floating dead in the Black. They had a contract that was growing thin by the hour, and Asher was still on that dirtball, probably in more danger than them and without anyone to watch his back.

Sighing less than audibly, the captain returned to work on the communications system. The work was interrupted by frequent trips to the windows so that Wyatt could scan the Black visually for any sign of an approaching vessel. It was on one such trip when Sam called him back to the console with some urgency in his voice.

Once there Wyatt looked at the record of the sent message and frowned.

"Can you determine what it was that was sent?" he asked, rising up from where he had leaned over the screen to block out the reflection from the overheads.

Moments later an incoming wave flashed before their eyes. To Willow...urgent...Wyatt frowned and glanced at his friend for a moment before stepping towards the com. However before he could call down to Willow, Andrew walked in, and Sung's eyes immediately went to the device that his wife's uncle carried with him.

Bowman placed the device on the console near where Sam and Wyatt stood, then stepped back a bit.

“Here is what we found… nasty device designed to kill us in about 8 days after dustoff” He lifted the scrapper’s gel pack carefully and turned it over showing the lipstick mark, “whomever it was couldn’t resist leaving their calling card.”

Wyatt tilted his head to the right side just a bit as he digested the lipstick mark and the explosive. They lived with danger each and every day...it was their line of work. But having someone try to blow them up, and all evidence pointing to one school teacher on Frisco...that chapped his hide.

Wyatt clicked the internal radio. "Everyone to the bridge. Pronto."

Deactivating the com, Wyatt glanced at Sam. "I don't think we've got pending visitation no more. Seems to me that we was expected to blow, and I'd be willing to bet good credit to gold that the outgoing message we just witnessed was a notification to our saboteur that their little device had been discovered. All the same, keep an eye on the sensors."

Once everyone arrived, Wyatt very carefully revealed the lipstick to the lot of them.

"This is trouble with a capital T," he said, scanning the crew with a level eye. "The evidence points to Bridgette in my mind, and that puts Asher at risk. Sam's still checkin' but I believe that a message was sent out by way of a warnin' lettin' our little school marm know her explosives had been disarmed.

"If my suspicions are correct, then we need to be prepared for more shenanigans comin' from all angles. Everyone goes armed from this point on. Let's get Rocinante on the move again. I don't take kindly to being set to explodin' and want to get back to Frisco as quick as possible so as I can address this situation proper.

"I aim to make trouble now."

Once the others have left again to do their bits to get the ship back in order, Wyatt pulls Willow aside. "You got a wave, Willow. Marked urgent. 'Spect you should likely look to it."


Posted on 2011-01-15 at 03:21:43.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Trouble coming...

"Everyone to the bridge. Pronto."
Andrew knew from the look on Wyatt’s face that he had an idea just who had planted the device. He inwardly sighed to himself, he knew that his former nephew in law would never think that he was behind the sabotage, but he wasn’t so sure about the others. He was relieved to listen as Wyatt laid out the his thoughts that some ‘school marm’ was responsible. Must be some ‘school marm’ to be involved in this kind of dirty business.

"If my suspicions are correct, then we need to be prepared for more shenanigans comin' from all angles. Everyone goes armed from this point on. Let's get Rocinante on the move again. I don't take kindly to being set to explodin' and want to get back to Frisco as quick as possible so as I can address this situation proper.”

"I aim to make trouble now."

Andrew only nodded as he agreed with the situation and how Wyatt planned to handle it, when trouble came after you it was a problem. You let the enemy set the stage, but when you went after trouble then you are in control and that is always a good thing.

“We’ll get on finishing those repairs,” He said as he glanced at Wolf as he turned to leave, “have things in order shortly Captain.”

He added the last honorific towards Wyatt as a sign of his respect for the man. When he had met Wyatt he had thought of him as a boy, a boy who had needed to learn to grow up. There was no doubt now that the boy he knew had grown into a strong man. A man who situations and circumstances had melding into a hard weapon; one capable of cutting deep.

Andrew turned and headed out with Wolf to the engine compartment to finish what needed to be done. He didn’t plan to rest till they had completed the repairs and got the ship back in working order. They needed to get back and deal with this in a hurry.


Posted on 2011-01-16 at 19:09:07.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.