The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3914 registered users. Our newest member is doinocuulong.
Online members: doinocuulong
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Paranoia: Commies Q&A (posted by breebles)Paranoia: C Q&A
Other Sci Fi - Paranoia: the Only Good Commie is a Dead Commie (posted by breebles)Paranoia: Commies
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Giddy)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Other Sci Fi --> Voyages of Rocinante - Serenity/Firefly RPG
Parent thread: Voyages of the Rocinante - Firefly RPG QnA
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: TannTalas, Bromern Sal, Eol Fefalas, Odyson
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Voyages of Rocinante - Serenity/Firefly RPG
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Rules Lawyer
Price: $14.00

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Ready.... well .. maybe...

Andrew nodded back to Wolf and followed him from the bridge… it seems a good plan.. dangerous yes.. but this was a dangerous situation… he went to his cabin.. well not his.. but the ‘kid’ as Wyatt called him … he grabbed his extra mags and made sure they were all loaded… slipping them into the holders on his belt… he checked his each of his guns and made sure they were all set as well…. It looked like they would be needing them soon… he mostly hated violence and killing… but he was not beyond it …. He had killed.. many times… and he regretted each time it had happened… he would regret it this time… but the key was living to regret it… that he had all intentions of doing.

He left the cabin and joined Wolf as they readied the Mule for the hot drop… he would help stow any gear that Wolf seen fit to bring along and stand ready on the mule for the drop… he left the ‘piloting’ of the craft to Wolf.. hoping that he had more experience with this sort of thing… Andrew had done some crazy stuff before but this would be the first for this type of thing… a little smirk came to his lips as he waited for the word from the bridge… otherwise he tried not to think of a tumbling fiery death that might ensue.


Posted on 2011-04-20 at 11:54:21.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
6011 Posts


Next.....

"Asher, We're comin' for you so don't be talking like yer fer the dirt. We're comin' an' I'm bringing Hell."
“Oh I’ll be here Sir, thanks to Doc. Ya’ll just be careful, this group's just bad. Doc's guess’n that it was a deputy’s sister Winnie that shot me, so don’t be turn’n your back on no one.

"Well then, Sit tight til the fireworks start, and then join the ruckus. I'll see if I can't get someone to swing by the Doc's. Need anything from your bunk?"
“ Well if you want to added a little shock and stun, grab up a few flashbangs. They can knock’um down without doing too much damage to Mr. J.W.’s town.”
As the wave link blinked out Ash shut down the communicator and detached it from Doc aerial. Slipping the wave unit back into his duffel bag, Ash took a quick inventory. Then he finished putting on his clothes and headed out of the room.

“Doc, you still got a little milk left? You patched me good and now let’s see I have any leaks. I could use a little chow, if that's ok. I’ll be need’n to head out soon and what you did sure left an empty spot in stomach.”
“Doc, thank you sir! I’m beholden to ya. “



Posted on 2011-04-23 at 01:04:25.
Edited on 2011-04-23 at 01:13:15 by Odyson

Vanadia
Den Mother
RDI Staff
Karma: 111/12
1188 Posts


Making plans

Willow listened to her men discuss the plan, and as much as she hated the idea of guns being involved , she had to admit that Brigit's side had been the first to bring violence to the dance. She knew Wyatt wouldn't expect her to cause anyone harm, being against all her professional vows and personal beliefs, but she felt useless in this.

"It sounds as though I mostly need to show up with the key and hope we have time to talk our way out of whatever Brigit has planned," Willow began, her eyes meeting Wyatt's before taking in every else," but I'd better be prepared for wounded, as well. I'll ready my kit and perhaps think of some insurance for the plan, with your permission, Captain-San."

(Assuming Wyatt did so) Willow made her way back to her quarters, deep in thought. While she changed back into the dove grey outfit of a few days ago, she pondered how she could protect the key from Bridgit. There was no point in hiding it - if she didn't produce it, she'd likely get them all killed so the ship could be searched - by her own lie they'd had no time to stop and send the key away. As she reached up to pull her hair up into a severe chignon, her hands brushed the butterfly pin, and jade eyes widened, then narrowed as Willow allowed herself a wicked smile.

She finished dressing, pulling a doctor's lab coat over the ensemble, it's red cross and crescent seeming to glow against the whiteness of the coat. The flat white wasn't flattering, but it was from a time when Willow had fought against the distraction of her beauty. Now, it heightened the severity of her clothes and hair, and as she strode to the medical bay, her lovely face settled into a determined expression.

She checked the contents of her medikit, satisfied that she'd replenished it after its all too recent use, then set the key on an instrument tray. Pulling on latex gloves, the lithe doctor selected a dark blue stoppered bottle from her medicine cabinet. With great care, opened the bottle and began painting the chess piece with the clear liquid from the bottle - the same clear liquid she dabbed onto her butterfly pin's tip every day. With the amount she was applying, however, the soporific effect would be swift, and deep - even when absorbed through the thicker skin of the palm.

"Play nice, Brigit," Willow murmured to herself, pulling grey silk gloves on to conceal the latex gloves she still wore," If you try to take what's not yours, you may find yourself taking a long, deep sleep among enemies."


Posted on 2011-05-01 at 20:30:20.
Edited on 2011-05-01 at 20:35:31 by Vanadia

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6161 Posts


Here we go

Approaching Regina, Frisco, Day Nine 10:30 pm Planet Time
Sun was going down on Frisco, but there was enough light to see the black smoke coming from the town from beyond the ridge. No doubt about it, there was fire in town not long ago. Sam brought Rocinante down low behind the mountain ridge a mile or so away from the processing plant. Little chance that they'd be spotted flying in and with dark coming fast following twilight, he was sure that he could get out without being seen.

Wolf was at the hover mule making adjustment to the thrust and gyro control, tweaking them to the maximum output he could do without rewiring the entire unit. He double checked the brake lines too - just for good measures. Andrew came down with equipment in hand. He stowed it away under the seat to keep it handy and took a seat. (I will need a list of what you twp are taking in to town, including ammo)

Sam voice came over the comm, "You ready down there? Coming up to the drop point faster than Da-shiong bao-jah-shr duh la doo-tze!" We're going in hot and all your calls will be early. Shun-Sheng duh gao-Wahn!!! The ground is coming up mighty quickly. Should slow down some!"

With a quick turn and a change in the latitude thrusters, Sam wheels the boat around and puts it into a low hover. The engine strain, not liking the closeness to the ground. The cargo bay opens and Wolf puts the mule in gear while releasing the holding clamp. Like the proverbial bat out of hell returning, the hover mule is soon swallowed up by the darkness and is away.

"You bring Ash back you hear." Sam says quietly after turning the comm off. "Bring the Kid back with all parts moving."

Sam pulls Rocinante out of the ridge and swings around to a proper altitude before zooming in on the town. The night has taken hold now, but the lights for town seems muted, very few places were lit up, not like the nights you were there.

The control tower of the port authority is dark and you get no signal nor instructions as you approach. It seems like no one is home. With a shrug, Sam brings the Rocinante down on the pad it rested before. from the lights on the firefly you see the shuttle is not far from where you land, looking as good as when you left it.

Sam shuts down the engines and closes down the navigation. He leaps from his chair to head for his room to get his gear and donning his new ballistic vest. He meets Wyatt and Willow in the Cargo Bay. Beyond the lights of the ship, there is a world of darkness out there. Who knows what surprises it holds.

Ma sees the three of you off, wearing her body armour and carrying Bessy with a bandolier full of spare rounds. She waits until you leave, then closes the cargo bay doors a waits, like she always does.

OOC: Okay. If I don't hear from Rob I will equip Sam as I see fit. It is dark out now so are you bring lights? Is Wolf and Andrew drive with lights on? Your call. Yes, you will be easily spotted with light but you are less likely to run into a building and get yourselves killed.



Posted on 2011-05-03 at 02:16:38.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/115
6132 Posts


Whoo Hoo lets get some!!!!

Wolf was ready, seated in the drivers section of the mule waiting for Sam’s call to start, his mind went over his load out once more.

2 Beretta 97R’s with 3 full mags each, 1 loaded, 2 extra... Check
12ga Sawed off pump action Shotgun, 5 Rds loaded, 5 rds in side attached mini bandoleer 10 loose rds in pockets... Check.
Grizzley GRZ 1 Assault Rifle 3 full mags, 1 loaded, 2 extra... Check.
1 Frag grenade... Check
1 Concussion grenade... Check
1 Flashbang grenade... Check

In the mules storage area, carefully strapped down were the gren’s and other gear requested by Ash everything was ready and Wolf to be honest was both scared and exited at the opportunity to do a ‘Hot Drop‘. Then with Sam calling over the intercom it was time.

"You ready down there? Coming up to the drop point faster than Da-shiong bao-jah-shr duh la doo-tze!" We're going in hot and all your calls will be early. Shun-Sheng duh gao-Wahn!!! The ground is coming up mighty quickly. Should slow down some!”
With a quick turn, a change in the latitude thrusters, and a change in direction, the cargo bay door opened.
Wolf turned to Andrew with a big grin.

“Hold tight here we go” Then quickly working the mules controls he put the machine in gear while releasing the holding clamp. Like the proverbial bat out of hell, the old twentieth century Meat Loaf song of the same name rolling in his head, the hover mule was quickly out the door. Hitting the ground with a slightly hard but controled landing it was soon swallowed up by the darkness and was on its way.

Wolf knowing that he had a choice of lights or no lights and the danger’s of both had thought ahead and had covered the front lights with sheets of silk. The silk acting as a sort of damping agent allowed him to see a few feet in front of the mule without giving it away at a long or medium distance. However with only being able to see a few feet in front of him the mechanic would have to relay on his reflexes and driving skill to get them close to the town without crashing. Once in sight of the town’s light he would kill the mule’s headlights and use the reflecting city lights to guide him in.

For the moment Wolf just drove into the thinning night hoping nothing would show up in their path and they would be able to sneak into Regina unnoticed, link up with Asher and go a hunting!

(Ok Alacrity I’m using whatever skill points or special points if I have any to make the drive from the drop zone to town and then the Doc’s to link up with Odyson and hopefully not crash and not get spotted.)


Posted on 2011-05-05 at 06:13:37.
Edited on 2011-05-05 at 06:14:07 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Let's roll....

Andrew Bowman stowed the things on the mule and then strapped himself into a seat as he waited for the signal to go…. He did another check of his own gear… his guns were in their usual places… the PK12 pistol on his right hip … his Avenger suppressed revolver on his left hip in a cross draw holster… his Neotech Derringer in its spring loaded holster on his left forearm… he had all of his reloads stowed on his belt… 3 mags for the PK12 and 2 speed loaders for the revolver.. This was nothing new.. his normal walking around arsenal.

The only other gear that he had brought was lockpick sets .. both electronic and regular .. stowed inside his vest pocket… he had 6 mag charges.. a debugger … and an optical bomb in a small bag hanging from a shoulder strap … he didn’t think he would need them but who knew what they were walking into… didn’t hurt to be prepared.

Of course he wore his ballistic Mesh shirt under his normal clothing… like he thought.. it didn’t hurt to be prepared.

”Hold tight here we go,”
Andrew held tight… as the mule dropped out of the back of the Rocinante like a stone.. he felt his stomach rise up into his throat and then drop back as the jagging impact came and then the mule was darting through the darkness… he breathed again as they moved through the darkness… he kept his own eyes peeled as well .. ready to yell out if he saw anything they might run into in the dark.

He hoped they could find ‘the kid’ and get out of this without much of a fuss.. but then again he had a thought things wouldn’t go so smoothly.. he felt he might have to use his guns.. and the thought didn’t upset him really… in a way he was kind of hoping that the ‘Sheriff’ and he might have a chance to find out if the man was as brave shooting at someone that was facing him and armed as well.



Posted on 2011-05-06 at 11:37:06.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
6011 Posts


It's Time...........

“Back this way,son. I’ve got some vittle’s left it the kitchen.” Dr.McGuire motion Asher toward the back of the house. Ash followed the doctor into a small kitchen. Opening the refrigeration storage unit the Doctor pulled out silver pitcher and placed it on the table. Quickly a frosty haze appeared on the pitchers surface as the moisture in the air condensed on the sides of the cold metal. Reaching back in the refrigerator Doctor also pulled platter of sliced meat and a container of cheese. Moving to the cupboard, a breadbox contained a loaf of sliced bread. Doctor place that on the kitchen table too. “It ain’t much son but you can chow down on that before you need to go do what you need to go do.” Grabbing the pitcher Asher poured himself a tall cold glass of smooth white liquid. Then piling a heap of meat and cheese between two slabs of bread Ash made a tasty meal. And just as quickly finished it off. The cold milk compliment the sandwich as the kid slugged down the glass full. With white rim over his upper lip the kid smiled up at Doc McGuire.
Pushing himself away from the kitchen table Ash took his dishes over and placed them in the sink. He returned to the room where Doc had saved his life and prepared to himself to even the score. In the practice routine Asher slid on his shoulder holsters and strapped his thigh holsters into position. Strap by strap, notch by notch the kid secured the tools with which he was most practice. Each pull and each snug reminded him of the duty he had to his boatmates and the score he had to settle with the person that had shot him in the back. Doc McGuire stood silently as he watched the gentle young man that was drinking milk in his kitchen turn into a strong cold weapon of justice. A chill rolled down Doc’s back as he saw the kid inspect each weapon of death with the same skill he used to check each of his tools of healing. The Python 6 GLs glistened as Ash slide them into their familiar places on each thigh. Next the twin PK 12 Peacekeepers were loaded, sited and nestled under his arms. Magazines of ammo were placed on the holsters straps for quick and easy access. The kid practice drawing each to be sure no time would be wasted when his girls were called to action. Doc was impressed with speed and skill the kid showed and knew he may be busy with ones the kid decided only needed to be taken out of the action, the ones that stood in his way weren’t going to need the Doc’s skills.
Ash slipped on his duster and the shoulder holster that carried his shotgun securely down his back. Grabbing his hat he turned to door, “It’s time to go, thank you, I’ll be returning to square things if I can.” Asher said as he looked at Doc McGuire. The doctor was amazed at the change, where there had been smiling, milk drinking young now stood a cold hard man.

“They’ll be coming for me soon, either mine or their’s, either way I’m ready.”

“Best you slip out the back door. I reacon your folk ‘ll be slipp’n in that way. You can watch from the shadows.” Doc stepped aside as Asher strode past him and headed out the back.

Slipping into the shadows Asher spent his time waiting for Wolf to appear by checking his tools. A communicator set to vibrate rested in the breast pocket of his duster. His combat knife was secure to his left ankle. The colt 22 slid in its belt holster in the small of his back. The SPAS30 Combat Shotgun hung ready from his shoulder. Even his utility pocket knife may mean the difference between life and death if the circumstances were right. But nestled in his hip pocket were those familiar little metal pieces. Asher hated to hurt a woman but there is curtain back shoot'n bitch that he'd very much like to introduce to those brass knuckles.

Patiently he waited listening for the sounds of Roc's mule approaching in the darkness.


Posted on 2011-05-08 at 03:44:50.
Edited on 2011-05-09 at 17:11:10 by Odyson

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 140/11
3674 Posts


Approaching Regina, Frisco, Day Nine 10:30 pm Planet Time

The night approach wasn't coincidental. Wyatt and Sam had timed the entry with the additional cover of night to aid them in their approach. Despite his outward confidence Captain Sung was deeply concerned with the situation they were walking into--the very same one that had nearly killed one of his crew. After the trajectory for the drop was planned, his mind had been occupied by the possibilities, and contingencies were being developed. Of course, Buddha knew that no matter the number of situations projected upon there was always the one that you had never considered. This wasn't some variable he could run through the ship computer to determine probable outcome. He couldn't even search the Cortex for plausible results. This was Fate, and he could only hope that the communication he'd had with Asher was the beginning of a string of good luck.

He didn't wish Fenris and Andrew luck as they prepared for the hot drop of the mule as that was tempting Fate, and he just wasn't in the mood to do that. Instead, he watched from the catwalk to show his support as they fell backwards out of Rocinante's belly and vanished into the dust and darkness. When no explosion followed he keyed the notice to Sam to kick it into high gear and book on over to the port while making his way back to his cabin.

Inside, he double checked his weapons and strapped them in for the ride, loaded up extra ammunition, made his mesh shirt feel comfortable beneath his button-up, and then drew his issued brown coat over his shoulders. Last thing to go into place before returning to the cargo bay was his hat: low across his brow--dangerous.

Feeling Rocinante come to rest he waited for Willow and Sam to join him, but it was Trish who arrived first strapped for bear and ready for trouble. Taking advantage of the moment when he and his oldest confidante were alone, Wyatt gave a quick sniff and looked up at her out of the corner of his eye.

"If things go bad, Trish...you take Roc and get the hell outta here. You find some nice spread, sell Roc to cover its purchase, and settle down with some trustworthy hands, you hear? Don't be playin' at being no big damn hero, you just burn atmo'."

It was no small thing to offer up Roc for sale, Wyatt knew. And to think of the ship in the hands of another crew was difficult at best, but the captain would rather see Trish taken care of than not were this evening's activities to render the need priority. He left the rest unsaid as the other two arrived and once they were there, he stepped up to the door control and rested a hand on it.

"We've been through a lot of hell and always made it home," he said in a low voice, looking at the three members of his crew--his family--standing before him. "I don't aim t' change that so play the smart game. Nothin' twitchy, nothin' unecessarily excitin'. We go, make this exchange if possible, and get rich. If not possible, we'll cut our losses and make do with whatever payback we can dole out fer The Kid before we take to the Black again. Of course, if we can git rich, dole out some justice, and save some good folk the trouble of having to deal with ingrates such as what's been inflicting themselves upon this rock...well, that there is a gift from Buddha."

Not waiting for a reply, he pushed his coat away from the grip of his Colt and pushed through the door into Frisco, eyes peeled for potential trouble from windows, alleys, shadows, and other obvious ambush points.


Posted on 2011-05-09 at 07:50:36.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6161 Posts


Two Cowboys and a Companion walk into a mine......

Inside Rocinante, Regina, Frisco, Day Nine 10:45 pm Planet Time
The night was a clear one, and the stars filled the night sky with illumination especially with Alexandria, the moon of Regina shining full. Trish watched as three people she loved the most walked off to face danger. She had learned to trust her gut a long time ago, and her gut told her she’d see them again. Despite the nonsense the Captain said of taking off and selling Rocinante, she would have laughed at the idea if she could. You don’t sell family Wyatt. At least I never will. She closes the doorway and locked it but knew that locking it was as useful as using bad language. Anyone who knew anything could override a Firefly.

Although she’d never met this Brigit woman, Trish was sure she knew the type and she cast herself into the role. Schemer, con, opportunistic and a manipulator – what would she do if she was playing the character in a holovid? She’d be ruthless, have a backup plan on the backup plan and sure as Buddha she’d wouldn’t really plan on sharing anything. But she’d need to get the treasure out of a mine, and that requires help. It also required a ship and Rocinante was the only ship on a pad here.

She switched off light after light as she moved through the ship, shutting down all but the most essential systems – in case she had to fire things up fast. Despite the dark she moved with precise and speed, hiding a box of shotgun shells in the galley, and top on the catwalk in the cargo bay. She took a ball of yarn (hideous colour and acrylic) and wound it across the floor of the cargo bay entrance, around 6 inches off the ground and strung it through a flashbang on the opposite side. The effect wouldn’t do anything to someone who entered but it would alert her and distract them. She then loaded Bessy full, and double checked her extra shells and sidearm.

Someone was gonna try to take the ship. She felt it in her gut. But she wouldn’t let anyone take her home. A surgeon took her voice away long ago but in her mind she hummed a little tune.

You got a knife. I got a gun. Come on boys, we’re gonna have a little fun.
Heading to the Hornsilver mine, Regina, Frisco, Day Nine 10:45 pm Planet Time
The spaceport was quiet and there was no sign of life. Sam checked the doors to the building but they were all locked up tight. The only source of light beyond the stars were the automatic lights on the pads that came on when it was dark. Looking around, the town is mostly dark and very quiet. In the opposite direction, the mine and the mining house shines like a beacon, giving you a sense that someone is expecting you. The quickest route is the direct one across the grounds.

(assuming you are walking and keeping a sharp eye. It is about 500 yards away from the port authority)

As you get close to the mine entrance, you see that someone is there. A man stands next to the lift, smoking a cigarette and pacing. He has a sidearm holstered but doesn’t seem to be waiting in ambush – just waiting. As you draw closer, he looks your way and raises his hands to show no weapons. “You must be Captain Wyatt? Bailey sent me to help you. I’m Matt Cullen and I’m in charge of the lifts here. We’ve had a peck of trouble since you’se left here.”

Photobucket
Doc’s Place, Frisco, Day Nine 10:45 pm Planet Time
“Best you slip out the back door. I reacon your folk ‘ll be slipp’n in that way. You can watch from the shadows.” Doc stepped aside as Asher strode past him and headed out the back.” The Doctor said as Ash headed for the door. “Listen…I ain’t asking you to let yourself be hurt, but we had a lot of killing lately in this town. If there’s anyway – it mean the world to me if you could keep it to a minimum. Most people here are good people. Don’t let the bad apples spoil the barrel.”

The sound of the hovermule draws close and the muted lights become visible to the young man as they pull near.

(Assuming some conversation with Doc before leaving)

Wolf pulls the hovermule up to the doc’s house and Asher runs out and jumps into the mule. Ashe looks a question at Wolf and then at Andrew who he’s never met before.

Reaver’s Gulch, Frisco, Day Nine 10:45 pm Planet Time
“You sees them?”

“Yep”

“Well?”

“Well what?”

“We going now?”

“Hold your horses. Brigit said wait until they reached the mine at least. Don’t want them coming back do we?”

“Right.”

“Three of them, brigit said there were five and the Kid is dead, that means that Fenris guy must be the only one on the ship and he’s wounded.”

“The mechanic for Bailey? Easy pickins.”

“Yeah well best be cautious. I don’t like surprises.”

Frisco, Day Nine 10:45 pm Planet Time
Winnie keyed the mike on her handset, “She’s down. Three just took off for the mine.”

Darryl responded, “Okay. Yo’ sees anything else?”

“Someone is near Doc’s place bys the look. Saw some lights”

“Doc gets visits all time a night. Anything big?”

“Naw. Hope they come, I’m gorram bored up here.” Winnie whined.

“Don’t worry sis. They’ll come and we’ll get them. We’ll get them good for what they did to Grant.”



Posted on 2011-05-18 at 17:55:03.
Edited on 2011-05-18 at 17:59:50 by Alacrity

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/115
6132 Posts


A Meet and Greet.... Sorta LOL

As Wolf piloted the Mule through the slowly thinning dark he was glad his idea of silk coverings for the headlights was working as he had planned. Of course once Miss Willow found that dress missing she would certainly have words with the mechanic, but that was for after, for right now getting to Ash was Wolf’s main concern.

Then Frisco was in sight and it took only a few moments and Wolf pulled the Mule to a slow stop at Doc’s back door. Almost at once Ash was climbing into the mule beside Wolf, his head turning between Wolf and Andrew who was seated in the back. Extending his hand to shake Ash’s in greeting, he commenced introductions

“Ash this is Andrew, he’s new crew and fam to the Captain, Andrew, Ash he’s Rocinante’s weapon’s expert, that stuff you wanted is in back Ash you want to gear up before we head into town or what?”
(Assuming some greetings between Odyson and YeOlde while Ash gears up with the gren‘s)
“OK Ash what’s the situation in town?”
(Ok left it open before we move out for some RP as to what we do next)


Posted on 2011-05-19 at 03:09:38.
Edited on 2011-05-21 at 19:40:56 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Greetings and salutations!


Andrew stood up when the mule had stopped and covered them as he saw a man come out of the shadows and hop aboard the mule… the man hadn’t made any hostile moves and Wolf hadn’t reacted either so he assumed this was the man they were here to pick up.

“Ash this is Andrew, he’s new crew and fam to the Captain, Andrew, Ash he’s Rocinante’s weapon’s expert, that stuff you wanted is in back Ash you want to gear up before we head into town or what?”
Andrew extended his hand to Ash and gave him a smile, “Greetings young man…. A pleasure to meet you… I have heard a lot about you… I hope none of it was exaggerated.” His smile grew into a grin as he turned to keep an eye on the shadows to cover them while Wolf and Ash discussed the situation and Ash loads up on the his gear.



Posted on 2011-05-20 at 11:14:34.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
6011 Posts


Show Time.......

As Ash headed for the door the Doctor said, “Listen…I ain’t asking you to let yourself be hurt, but we had a lot of killing lately in this town. If there’s anyway – it’ll mean the world to me if you could keep it to a minimum. Most people here are good people. Don’t let the bad apples spoil the barrel.” Ash gave Doc a nod as he opened the door. But Doc saw the look in the kids eyes and knew there were no promises.

Wolf pulled the Mule to a slow stop at Doc’s back door. Almost at once Ash was climbing into the mule beside Wolf, but as he did he saw a stranger stand in the back and moved toward him. In a flash Ash was laying hand to iron, but heard Wolfs calm voice, “Ash this is Andrew, he’s new crew and fam to the Captain." "Andrew, Ash he’s Rocinante’s weapon’s expert, that stuff you wanted is in back Ash you want to gear up before we head into town or what?” Through the dark Ash saw that the fellow was just extending his hand to shake Ash’s in greeting.

Feeling a little sheepish at nearly taking down the stranger, Asher let out a breath and took a firm grip on the extended hand. “ Capt’n Wyatt’s family? Gosh I never thought of the Captain having any family left. Glad to meet ya.” Andrew gave him a smile, “Greetings young man…. A pleasure to meet you… I have heard a lot about you… I hope none of it was exaggerated.”

That done Wolf asked, “OK Ash what’s the situation in town?”
“Geez, it’s not good, ya gotta watch every way at once and especially your back. These folks gathering around that new sheriff you brought are a buncha thugs, bullies and cold blooded killers. If it wears a badge don’t trust um. There’s even a girl with um and she’ll shoot you in the back as quick as look at ya. Seems she’s the sister of that fella that was drive’n the getaway mule in that bank job and she’s bearing a grudge. We gotta be careful but sure as shoot’n they’re lay’in a trap.”

“That Miss Bridgett seems to be deep into all of it too, maybe even leading it. Them lawmen been killing Tong seems just for fun. Seeing that Miss Willow’s on good terms with them, they might lend a hand if we can show um we’re ok too."

"Now the Doc lead um all to think I’m either dead or good as, so they’ll not be counting on a extra gun in this fight. So hand me them goodies you brought and let’s go spoil their fun.”


Posted on 2011-05-21 at 02:50:45.
Edited on 2011-05-30 at 02:58:32 by Odyson

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/115
6132 Posts


Intergame RPing LOL

“OK Ash what’s the situation in town?”
“Geez, it’s not good, ya gotta watch every way at once and especially your back. These folks gathering around that new sheriff you brought are a bunch thugs, bullies and cold blooded killers. If it wears a badge don’t trust um. There’s even a girl with um and she’ll shoot you in the back as quick as look at ya. Seems she’s the sister of that fella that was drive’n the getaway mule in that bank job and she’s bearing a grudge. We gotta be careful but sure as shoot’n they’re lay’in a trap.”

“That Miss Bridgett seems to be deep into all of it too, maybe even leading it. Them lawmen been killing Tong seems just for fun. Seeing that Miss Willow’s on good terms with them, they might lend a hand if we can show um we’re ok too. Now the Doc lead um all to think I’m either dead or good as, so they’ll not be counting on a extra gun in this fight. So hand me them goodies you brought and let’s go spoil their fun.”

Turning so that he could face both Ash and Andrew

“Well from what you say right now as it stands for the three of us here, Miss Willow’s got Bridgett thinking I’m hurt and stuck on the Rocinante, the Doc’s got her thinking your dead, and she don’t know nothing about Andrew here, so we are kinda the wild cards in this game. So do we try to hook up with the Tong, or do we go straight at them ‘deputies’? what do you two think”


Posted on 2011-05-21 at 19:39:38.
Edited on 2011-05-21 at 19:41:54 by TannTalas

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 140/11
3674 Posts


Heading to the Hornsilver mine, Regina, Frisco, Day Nine 10:45 pm Planet Time

When a town is locked up and quiet there was danger lurking. Wyatt felt the danger as a palpable substance hanging heavy in the air and feeding off the shadows. He wasn't the type to allow such feelings to show, but he definitely felt tense and twitchy--much like Sam. Wyatt couldn't fault his friend for his twitchy behavior, but he sure hoped the pilot wouldn't be so jumpy as to put a bullet in someone without provocation. Of course, Wyatt wasn't so sure he wouldn't plug someone without provocation all things considered.

Motioning Willow and Sam on towards the mine with a wave of his left hand, keeping his right by his sidearm and his eyes peeled.

The approach was not necessarily a pleasant one for Wyatt. The dark windows, the recessed rooftops, the alleys...they were all potential ambush sites and he had to keep his eye on as many of them as he could at the same time. If he were wanting to procure the key he would definitely establish the ambush at such a time as to allow the key to be used and the need for such partnerships to be extinguished. However, he wasn't sure if the fellow Asher had mentioned killed in the bank robbery's family was on board with Bridgette, or if they were free agents out for a piece of them on their own. And that made the walk from Roc to the mine all that much more dangerous.

When he spotted the fellow by the entrance pacing, he held out a hand to stop their progress and scanned the surrounding area with as adept a skill as possible. He knew that both Willow and Sam would be doing the same, and when he came up with nothing more dangerous than the fellow below he motioned them on somewhat relieved when they didn't object.

“You must be Captain Wyatt? Bailey sent me to help you. I’m Matt Cullen and I’m in charge of the lifts here. We’ve had a peck of trouble since you’se left here.”

"Mr. Cullen," Wyatt gave a little nod. "Glad to have your help. Care to elaborate on the trouble you've been experiencin' and what we might expect down there?"

The weight of the shotgun on his back, and the brush of the Colt's grip against the palm of his hand were a little reassurance.


Posted on 2011-05-21 at 22:39:34.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Plans....

Andrew noticed the kid’s ‘jumpiness’ and how his hand went to his gun when he saw him… Andrew wasn’t worried about the kid shooting him… he figured he would stop short of actually drawing down on him… of course if the kid had skinned Iron then Andrew wouldn’t have hesitated to defend himself … he was glad it didn’t come to that… he would have hated to find out which of the two of them was the fastest… either outcome would have been bad.

He listened to them discuss the options … much of it he didn’t understand completely as he had not been around for the previous chapter in this escapade… but then it came down to it… their options were limited…

“Well… as I see it.. Going to the Tong is risky,” he said as he kept and eye on the area around them, “… they might not help and it would require time.. Time we might not have… Time that Wyatt and the others might not have… so my suggestion is that we deal with some of the ‘problems’ … we find out where the ‘ambush’ has been set up and we ‘handle’ it.”


Posted on 2011-05-22 at 01:10:41.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.