The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

We currently have 3684 registered users. Our newest member is WHCostumes.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics
Q&A Threads - Genesis Q&A (posted by SilentOne)Genesis Q&A
Q&A Threads - Voyages of the Rocinante - Firefly RPG QnA (posted by Altaira)Rocinante QA
Other Sci Fi - Voyages of Rocinante - Serenity/Firefly RPG (posted by Altaira)Rocinante/Serenity
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Aletheia)Flesh & Blood Game
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #12: Slime is Slime
Floyd Hobart Filler: Dead Dead Dead
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Other Sci Fi --> Voyages of Rocinante - Serenity/Firefly RPG
Parent thread: Voyages of the Rocinante - Firefly RPG QnA
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: TannTalas, Bromern Sal, Eol Fefalas, Odyson, Altaira
    Messages in Voyages of Rocinante - Serenity/Firefly RPG
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 163/114
5825 Posts


Iney miney mynie mo, catch a tiger by the toe!

Wolf having moved to the ladder with John covering him moved up the ladder alone. Reaching the top he did not hesitate to bring the heavy shotgun on his back to his hands ready to fire. Covering the area of corridors and doors to barrack style dorm rooms, Wolf checked the immediate area finding no signs of life. Motioning to John to join him on this clearly resident ional level he still covered the immediate area with the shotgun just in case.

Once both mechanic and tech guy were on the same level Wolf once more swapped shotgun for assault rifle and the two pressed onward. Bunks upon bunks and cot frames with old mattress’s were all that now remained behind in the living quarters of the workers housed here at one time. As the two Rocinante crewman moved past these abandoned area’s they could see another set of stairways leading up on both sides of the central shaft to the next level and the centralized processor controls.

However as they started to move up the left hand stairway both their comms came to life.
"Wolf! John! We got a situation. Some thrilling heroics might not go amiss soon! Real soon. No talkie back."

No talkie back? What the hell was going on back at the ship He thought to himself. Clearly it had been Tess’s voice on the comm and she sounded nervous all right but he still had his orders from Wyatt. Standing looking at the tech guy he waited for his input but John for the moment had nothing to say it seemed as he looked at Wolf. Thinking quick and though he hated to do it he could only come up with one way to get both things done.

“Ok John you stay here and do what you can to prep the processor for removal, I’ll take the shuttle and fly back to the ship and try to find out what’s going on. If it’s bad Kimche I’ll do what I can to get word back to you."

Clamping John on the shoulder as he continued to head up the stairway, Wolf ran back towards the shuttle and then the Rocinante.


Posted on 2013-07-11 at 01:13:04.
Edited on 2013-07-11 at 02:57:09 by TannTalas

Giddy
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 3/0
47 Posts


Giddy takes John's reins

LV-426, Atmo Processor Interior 8:10am PT
John did not like guns much; he had seen what they could do to other human beings during the war and he decided them that he didn't want anything to do with them. Yet, self-preservation rarely allows you to do as you'd like. In these parts of the 'verse not carrying a gun is practically asking to get shot; moreover because you are defenseless and an easy target. Still, even though John always strapped on iron befor going anyplace public (and some places private) he never once intended to use them unless in the direst of circumstances. Yet, here John was, following Wolf into the Atmo Processor, clutching the biggest gun he ever held in his hand.

The doorway into the huge building was locked with a large padlock only. Not the highest of security but then again, then terra-formers worried about security for the most expensive of parts only. Who was gonna steal an atmo processor? Wolf took the lock off with a pair of bolt cutters easily and opened the door. Quietly as he could John followed Wolf in, holding the unfamiliar weapon in hand and praying he need not use it. He didn't, however, for it was very dark inside and the echoing of the doorway suggested it was mostly empty. Silently following the wall, John found the breakers close by and flipped on a series of lights. Florescent bulbs on wired racks lit up to reveal inside was a huge circular room that would have normal housed equipment and vehicles needed for initial terra-forming, but of course, it was empty now. In the centre of the build was a domed chamber with shafts leading up and all over the upper reaches. The main processor would be in there and that would be highly secured. But what the two crew members wanted wasn’t inside the dome, it was up the shafts near the top of the building.
"Any ideas?" Wolf asked, glancing at John.

Silently John shook his head, his attention focused on his surroundings. He did not wish to be caught off unawares by some unfriendly bastard.

In fact, John was so tense that when his comm crackled and Tess' voice aired he nearly dropped the gun he was holding; something he's sure Ash would not appreciate.

"Company's coming! A ship just broke atmo!" Tess' voice said, echoing slightly throughout the empty building.

Quickly John followed Apollo to the entrance, peering out to see the ASREV land near Rocinante. Staring hard, John tried to make out its markings; tried to identify who this ship represented. He was unsuccessful, and so with a sigh he turned around to find Wolf already heading inside.

“Ok nothing we can do right now unless the Cap’n needs us so we stick to the mission at hand and get us a nice lil Atmos Processor.” Wolf said as he passed, moving forward with purpose.

Up the steel stairs to the second floor, a 60 foot wide catwalk that hugged the circumference of the building with two personal lifting platforms in either end. The catwalk had rows of rows of lockers set up. Places for the terraformers to keep their equipment and valuables. As you walk around, many are decorated with cards, ribbons and the black ink of farewell messages to those that lost their lives on the planet. Terraforming was a lucrative job but the risks were plentiful and many never made it home. The presences of the notes gives a haunted and forlorn sense to this level.
"To the lifts," John said, not noticing that Wolf had already started towards the nearest one. It soon became apparent, though, that the lifts had no power. Halfheartedly, John began to try a couple tricks he knew to get some power into the lifts; not wanting to half to climb the ladder and be vulnerable if there was someone at the top.

He didn't get far, however, for almost immediately as he neared the panel he heard a voice above.

"Have they got ... hear .."
John froze in place, listening hard for any other voices, but he heard none. Quickly he turned to Wolf, wanting to ask him if he heard that. He got his answer, however, almost immediately; for Wolf had his finger to his lips in an obvious gesture of be quiet!
Then, making another gesture that John assumed meant "Cover me", Wolf traded his Assualt Rifle for his shotgun and started up the ladder.

His gun aimed at the top of the ladder, John watched the mechanic scale the latter before disappearing over the top. A wave of an arm from over the ledge let John know it was safe for him to ascend.

The area seemed deserted. Bunks upon bunks and cot frames remain behind of the living quarters that were used to house the workers at one point. No personal possessions left behind but there are mattress and sleeping spaces for more than what the ship brought to this moon.“Going South! Repeat Going South! Request ... *crackle*” the voice is above you but louder and clearer this time. Not a live person though, sounds like it is coming from a radio or receiver. Next level is the centralized controls for the processors.Suddenly Wolf's comm came to life,""Wolf! John! We got a situation. Some thrilling heroics might not go amiss soon! Real soon. No talkie back."
Again John froze, not so much concerned about the situation with Roc, but whether or not whoever was above them heard the comm. After a second or two of silence, John decided that the people above them did not hear, so he turned his thoughts to Roc and their situation.

Wolf looked at him, but John just shook his head. They had orders, and those were to get the parts needed for repairs. However, if Roc was destroyed, there might not be anything to repair. Thinking hard, John barely noticed when Wolf said, “Ok John you stay here and do what you can to prep the processor for removal, I’ll take the shuttle and fly back to the ship and try to find out what’s going on. If it’s bad Kimche I’ll do what I can to get word back to you."
Without waiting for a reply, Wolf left. John paused for a moment, a little irked that Wolf felt he could tell him what was going to happen, before deciding to just go along with it.

Gun at the ready, John cautiously proceeded into the room, wondering if he had it in him to fire the gun he was holding.


Posted on 2013-07-11 at 09:01:10.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 149/25
5790 Posts


High and Outside....................

LV-426, Hunkered down behind the thruster house of Rocinante, 8:15 am PT

Asher watched the goings on down below with gun ready but he was caught flatfooted by the slap across the face to the Amber lady. Now the Marshall had a his head and body protected with a human shield and the other two were ready to open fire on crowd or Miss Willow. He could hear the leader calling out, “OKAY! YOU!” Maestro! Get on my ship now! Everyone else, Stay where you are!!! Anyone goes hero on me or gets me and my men hurt, and I blast that piece of Go Sa to bits and leave you here to die. NOW MOVE!”
His target was now obscured and things were going bad fast. The kid started to judge just how far away that ARSEV sat. He’d been really good at heaving rocks and maybe he could bounce a Smoker off the bridge and distract the Feds. A little chaos might loosen things up enough for Tess to toss in the EMP. Take their sky away and see just how tough these fancy pants Feds are.



Posted on 2013-07-12 at 03:09:27.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 149/25
5790 Posts


Too Far......

LV-426, Hunkered down behind the thruster house of Rocinante, 8:18 am PT


Watching the events unfold Ash knew he was too far away to use smoke or any other grenade. The Marshall showed his true colors when he slapped the lady. If he hadn’t released his trigger the kid could have dropped him then, but now he’d have to wait for another opening. As the crowd reacted the kid held aim. If the Fed hurt any of the crew he’d start shooting to draw their fire. A few well placed rounds off the lackey’s armor could change the momentum. The next move was up to them.


Posted on 2013-07-14 at 18:45:54.

Vanadia
Den Mother
RDI Staff
Karma: 111/12
1188 Posts


Predictable is so boring, is it not?

When Dillon slapped Portia and grabbed her to use a human shield, Willow had a moment of perfect clarity: Dillon was here for the Stradivarius, and whether he was really a Federal Marshall or a gun for hire, he'd have that artifact from Earth That Was even it meant all of their deaths. Willow saw in her mind Wyatt trying something heroic, despite his words, or Asher jumping in with both feet and guns blazing, and it would leash a hail of gunfire that would cut them down like wheat in a field. Jade eyes closed at a horrific sight only she saw, and she knew what she had to do.

"Above all else, love," she whispered, whether it was to Lord Hood or Buddha himself, and straightened to hold herself upright, chin up proudly. "Marshall!" she called in a tone that demanded attention, and when his eyes met hers, that proud chin dipped coquettishly. She continued in a confident voice, a touch of huskiness adding smoke to the velvet of her voice. (OOC: Willow will gauge his body language and slowly move towards Dillon if he allows it. She'll stop if he starts to bring his gun up, but will continue to speak.)

"Ms. Amber's not much of a hostage...she's annoyed most of the folks on the cruise with her blatant husband hunting, and she's nearly run out of money, so no-one's going to hold back for her safety...you need someone like me. I'm, well, let's just say...dear friends with a number of the passengers, and the Firefly's crew won't do anything to risk me. An added bonus? Daddy will pay a handsome reward to the man that brings me back home safe. "

Her voice dropped but with her stage training, she could still project it to Dillon." I know what's in that case, and you can't risk any gunfire around it, can you? Let me help you get away clean. What do you say, Marshall? I can make it worth your while."


Posted on 2013-07-15 at 02:27:54.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 124/10
3029 Posts


Oh! Hell no!

Having heard Willow's offer, Wyatt's blood froze nearly as solid as the ice on the dark side of a moon. His head jerked as he tossed a very telling look at his medic and friend.

"Ai Yah Tien Ah," (merciless hell) Wyatt exclaimed before turning back to the marshal. "Willow's Lai Huh Moh Sheong Tze Tian Uh Zoh (desires above one's social position). You wanna make certain you got no trouble from the crew, you take me. I may not be as pretty, but I can pull off the wearing of a fine hat, and I guarantee I won't talk as much."

There was injured on board could use Willow's attention, and Wyatt would be damned if he allowed his friend to walk into such a situation as that.

Posted on 2013-07-15 at 02:58:00.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 289/33
6034 Posts


Oh Hell Yes.

LV-426, Emergency Landing Field, Outside Atmo Processor, 8:16 am PT
Wolf looked at the shuttle parked outside the Atmo Processor and swore loudly. He was so used to the idea that they would take the hovermule that he forgot that this time, they had used the shuttle because if the possible weight of the turbine needed. No point in going back for john or calling him down, it would just take too much time.

Quickly adjusting his load and securing his weapons so they did not fall, wolf took off at a run towards the ship. It was only a mile and back in the prison camps of his youth, Fenris had managed to do a mile in less than five minutes. Maybe today was a good day to break that record. There was little to no cover between the shuttle and the ship, with the land flattened for the landing strip, but wolf could keep himself between ship and the crowd so they would not spot him coming.

LV-426, Emergency Landing Field by Rocinante 8:16 am PT
"Marshall!" Willow called in a tone that demanded attention, "Ms. Amber's not much of a hostage...she's annoyed most of the folks on the cruise with her blatant husband hunting, and she's nearly run out of money, so no-one's going to hold back for her safety...you need someone like me. I'm, well, let's just say...dear friends with a number of the passengers, and the Firefly's crew won't do anything to risk me. An added bonus? Daddy will pay a handsome reward to the man that brings me back home safe. "

Dillon looked at Willow liked he just won first prise in a shooting contest. “Get her.” He said and the guard behind him swiftly moved forward and grabbed Willow, bringing her close to Dillon. The Guard held Willow’s arm tightly but did not hold his weapon on her, but continued to point it at the crowd.

"Ai Yah Tien Ah," Wyatt exclaimed before turning back to the marshal. "Willow's Lai Huh Moh Sheong Tze Tian Uh Zoh . You wanna make certain you got no trouble from the crew, you take me. I may not be as pretty, but I can pull off the wearing of a fine hat, and I guarantee I won't talk as much."

At that moment Havelock stepped forward, “Now see here, I am a decorated officer of the war and diplomatic asset of the Alliance. If you want to take a hostage, then I am your man! Surely you are not a coward that hides behind women!”

Lord Hood stood up in dismay of what was happening, “Now wait a minute. I am Lord Christopher Hood of Osiris and if you want a hostage with a bargaining power, trust me, it would be better if you took me. I have the influence you will need to make a get away.”

“Wait a minute! He took me as a hostage! If anyone is getting off this planet it is me!” Amber replied hotly as if someone was snatching an opportunity from her.

Sudden the crowd moved forward and a cacophony of sound erupted as everyone started to volunteer, thinking that it was a way of the planet. The men threatening were taken aback and clearly worried that they were about to be overwhelmed.

Dillion helds Portia tightly and looks startled, like this was the last thing he was expecting, “These two will do fine. NO MORE VOLUNTEERS!!!!”

The crowd mumbles and grumbles but the noise dies down.Then Willow leans in and says something to him. Whatever it is, it causes the colour to drain out of his face. “That is IT! You!” He points the machine pistol at Justin,”Fiddle man! In the ship now!”

Suddenly out of the crowd, the man in the white tuxedo pushes his way through with his two bodyguards. The walking stick in his hand is held firmly and the diamond shape crystal on the end seems to glow blue in the sunlight. Matherson calls out, “Mr. Dillon! I am afraid you have the wrong case.”

“What is wrong with you people?????” Dillon shouts angrily.

“There are two cases. They were switched. The musician player does not have his case, he has mine.”

“Yeah? Where is other then?”

“The young lady who claimed it I believe is on the ship, I saw her go in as you landed.”

LV-426, Atmo Processor Interior 8:17am PT
John moved up into the control centre of the Atmo Processor. Must of the stations and circuitry were taken, as the modules were made to be removable. But some controls were still here and on a back up battery in case someone had to came back and make adjustments.

There was a short wave radio receiver on one of the station, the panels opened up as if someone was trying to fix it and gave up. A pop bottle lay on its side nearby and as the wind pass through a open vent, the bottle spun and hit the contact of the receiver interior.

“Repeat that!”

“He said there were two cases. Ours is on their ship.”

The bottle spun away again and the voices stopped. John used his finger and moved the bottle back to the receiver.

“Negative. No property damage. You hear!! Blow them if you have to but do not damage the cargo.”

LV-426, Hunkered down behind the thruster house of Rocinante, 8:18 am PT
Asher swore as the guard grabbed Willow. He could have taken the shot if she had not moved on her own accord close to the Marshall. Feeling helpless from his perch, Asher swore under his breath and watched as the old Captain and the Lord volunteered to take her place. Then the guy in the white tux and his flunkies got into the act as well. Everyone was stepping into his line of sight except the guy he wanted to shoot!

LV-426, Emergency Landing Field, Outside rear of Rocinante, 8:20 am PT
Wolf was breathing hard, sweating and but he was close enough to see that a crowd had formed close to the ASREV and he just heard the crowd react loudly to something but he could not tell what. None of his guns had sights and he could not shoot through the crowd. Wolf had to decide what to do, and the ship was really the only cover he had. Pushing his limits, he ran to the ship to get himself into a position of cover.


LV-426, Emergency Landing Field by Rocinante 8:21 am PT
“On the ship! No. No way! I ain’t buying it fancy pants.” He growled at Justin who was still standing there. “On the ship now! Or I kill you and take the case dohn ma?

Justin gulped and took a step forward. Then, out of nowhere, came a rock, thrown from the crowd. Who cast it, no one saw but the rock flew straight and hit hard against Dillion’s head.

“GORRAM HELL!” He reeled in pain, bringing his machine pistol to bear blindly but towards the crowd and Wyatt. “Scrag them. Property damage! NOW!”

Matherson moves toward the ground, bringing his walking stick down to the ground in a deliberate swing.

Hack and Slash have guns in the hand in a fluid motion.

Tess draws her gun but hesitates, not knowing who to shoot yet, but moving low for cover.

The crowd does a mixture of screaming, running, pushing and standing around that is helping no one.

One guard drops prone to open fire on the crowd. The other attempts to push Willow on the ground so he can fire over her and hold her down with his booted foot.

Havelock is charging the Prone Guard.

Lord Hood is diving to the ground.

Sifu is pushing Justin to the ground and attempting to cover him with his own body.

Wolf arrives at the ship just in time to see the crowd panic.

Asher has a clear shot on Dillon as he staggers from the pain or the Guard on Willow. Prone guard is covered by wild crowd.



Posted on 2013-07-16 at 18:34:58.
Edited on 2013-07-16 at 18:53:36 by Alacrity

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 149/25
5790 Posts


Miss Willow!!!!!!!!!!!

LV-426, Hunkered down behind the thruster house of Rocinante, 8:21 am PT

When armored guard grabbed Miss Willow the Kid took his aim off the Marshall and sighted on him.

As the crowd became restless a rock was bounced off the Marshall’s head. The man raised his gun yelling, “GORRAM HELL! …………Scrag them. Property damage! NOW!”
The kid heard the Marshall give the order to shoot his friends, “Jien Ta Duh Guay “ (like hell!) rumbled from Asher throat.

The guard holding Willow roughly shoved her the ground. The guard didn’t know hurting Miss Willow was worst move of his life.

As the guard turn his gun on the crown Asher opened fire on him hoping at least to knock him off his pins.

Rage still consumed the Kid as he roared, “Lio Coh Jwei Ji Neong Hur Ho Deh Yung Duh Buhn Jah
J’wohn.” (Stupid son of a drooling whore and monkey)



Posted on 2013-07-17 at 17:30:51.
Edited on 2013-07-17 at 17:34:13 by Odyson

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 124/10
3029 Posts


LV-426, Emergency Landing Field by Rocinante 8:21 am PT

“On the ship! No. No way! I ain’t buying it fancy pants.” He growled at Justin who was still standing there. “On the ship now! Or I kill you and take the case dohn ma?”

The musician stepped towards the ship as compliant as a well-trained dog, and for a moment Wyatt felt that things might end without a lot of lead flying. Unfortunately, that wasn’t in the cards. Three by three; good fortune and bad...a piece of the gorram earth, flung by a (OOC: Crazy dog in love with its own feces) Ai Chr jze Se Duh Fohn Diang Gho, struck the marshall on the head and the captain’s hope for a somewhat peaceful resolution that would have allowed him time to plan Willow’s rescue was shattered.

“GORRAM HELL!” Marshall Dillon reeled in pain and brought his machine pistol to bear blindly on the crowd and Wyatt. “Scrag them. Property damage! NOW!”

Wyatt had no idea that behind him, Matherson had set his henchmen into action. His focus was on the problem before him, and that the troublesome Ms. Portia was presenting a bit of a problem in dealing with the marshall and his men being persistent in retaining her position between them and the captain.

The crowd was in chaos almost instantly. It was as though someone had held up a sign that read “scream, run, push, or just stand there like a (OOC: fool) Sa Gwa.” Yet, as bouncy as they all were, Wyatt kept focused on the man before him. He didn’t like killing a lawman, but something about being a crooked, bought lawman gave the captain an excuse. He had his shotgun in hand, but didn’t want to risk Portia as collateral from the spread, so that was dropped, quickly and fluidly as he skinned his Colt and drew down on the Marshall. Body armor was bound to be a problem, so Wyatt was aiming for the head...the head of the man, the head of the snake.

On either side of the marshall the Alliance soldiers were taking action, but Wyatt’s focus was to put a slug in Dillon’s brainpan, so he barely pays attention as the first guard dropped prone to open fire on the crowd. The other attempted to push Willow on the ground so he could fire over her and hold her down with his booted foot.

Squeezing the trigger, Wyatt hopes to end another man’s life for the sake of those that are under his protection.


Posted on 2013-07-17 at 20:28:22.

Vanadia
Den Mother
RDI Staff
Karma: 111/12
1188 Posts


A willow bends before the storm

When the guard grabbed her arm, she didn’t resist (it was what she wanted, after all!) but instead used the proximity to look over his armour while seemingly everyone in the crowd volunteered to take her place. She smiled at him weakly, allowing a little fear to show so he knew she was properly cowed.

In the precise moment in which all five hells broke loose, Willow had a deep and profound moment of gratitude for having met Lao Tsu. In teaching her Aikido, he had insisted that she practice both uke and nage diligently with a partner who wouldn’t stick to the same kata (routine forms). It was risky, he’d said, but he doubted she’d be attacked directly, and would need to be agile in her defense and attack.

When the guard started to push her to the ground to fire at the crowd, Willow clung to the arm forcing her down as if frightened, but as soon as the guard was leaning forward, Willow shifted her grip on his arm into the sankyo position. A firm wrench rotated his wrist into a painful lock, and when Willow let herself fall, she pulled him with her. As he overbalanced, she let go of him with her right hand, reached up into her hair and pulled free the butterfly pin.

She knew his armour wasn’t letting her grip exert enough pressure to affect his nerves or pressure points; she didn’t need that. She just needed that rotational twist to last long enough to expose the thin flex joints where glove met arm, and hope her drugged hairpin could pierce the membrane.


Posted on 2013-07-18 at 00:00:19.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 163/114
5825 Posts


Oh O Chong go!

Moving fast Wolf was down the ladder and out the door of the Atmo processor in under 2 minutes, well at least it felt that way, and out to the shuttle before he realized that he could not fly the goddamn thing.

“Meh, tah mah duh hwoon dahn.*” Wolf swore as he stopped dead in his tracks. What the hell was he going to do now, no magical mule handy.

Adjusting the JC across his chest he took off at a solid run towards the Rocinante, Knowing there was little to no cover between the shuttle and the ship, the land flat as dried niou-se**. Wolf knew he needed to keep himself between ship and the crowd so they would not spot him coming. He had no clue who the bad guys were but he could guess and in the end it did not matter. The Rocinante home, the crew family.

Run-tse duh fwo-tzoo, Run-tse duh fwo-tzoo*** He repeated in his head as he pushed his running feet harder finally he was close enough to see that a crowd had formed close to the ASREV, As he slowed to get his bearings he heard the crowd react loudly to something but he could not tell what. His only hope was to get closer but with no real cover, where?

Thinking quickly with no real cover even this close to the Rocinante except for the landing strut behind him he saw from his position that the best place for him was right where he was at. Watching the people panic and start running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Wolf could easily see that the JC could do more harm then good in this situation. Moving the rifle to his back he went down to one knee and drew his left 97R. Lowering the frontal grip he brought up the pistol and sighted into the crowd. Just in time to see a helmet-less Federal Marshall, bleeding from the head getting ready to mow down Wyatt. Willow held by a Fed Marshall in full tactical armor, and yet a third armored Marshall about to open fire into the crowd. Gao yang jong duh goo yang**** No time to think, no time to wonder where Ash or Tess could be. No time to do anything but decide which of the three targets he would go for. His finger pulled back gently, he fired his first of two three round bursts.

“Wuh de tyen, ah tyen shiao duh tzoo-foo nee mun”........*****

*Mother humping son of a b----.
**cow dung
***Merciful buddha
****Motherless goats of all motherless goats."
*****Dear god in heaven, in the name of all that’s sacred, bless me with good aim.

(OOC: Ok using whatever points I still have or gained to make these shots. ~deep breath~ Ok both bursts are at the guard getting ready to mow down the liner passengers. After that if the guard goes down I will retrain my sights and if possible fire a third burst at Dillon if he is still standing. If he too is down I will first check out Willows situation then if that too is resolved, cover the ASREV ramp in case the pilot or more guards make an appearance. Of course this is assuming you run the whole combat in one post. If in separate rounds my choices of course may change.)


Posted on 2013-07-20 at 02:36:42.
Edited on 2013-07-20 at 02:39:29 by TannTalas

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Who's shooting?

LV-426, Inside Rocinante, Kitchen 8:20 am PT,
“Oooo yum!” Jessie said as she finished the big bowl of the stew from the galley aboard ship. She rose and walked over to the washing station decided to wash her own bowl and spoon. It wasn’t that she didn’t want anyone to know she had helped herself, she wasn’t a slob. She may be a thief but she wasn’t lazy; she carried her own weight.

She had just finished washing up her dishes when she heard sudden popping noises muffed by the hull of the ship; That sounds like gunfire,she thought, that can’t be good! She turned and jogged out of the galley and headed back down towards the cargo bay. She didn’t know what she would do once she got there but she had to know what was going on. Did the Feds start trouble? Did the crew? She couldn’t understand why either side would during a rescue mission. She needed to know what was going on even though she didn’t think there was anything she could do.

(OOC: Just a little something since she really isnt involved in the fight, yet. )


Posted on 2013-07-20 at 17:32:42.

Giddy
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 3/0
47 Posts


Jus' a little somethin' to keep the game a'movin'.

John let out an audible sigh of relief when he ascended the ladder and found what was awaiting him at the top. No sign of any recent activity and the source of the concerning voices was a short wave radio receiver on one of the station, the panels opened up as if someone was trying to fix it and gave up. A pop bottle lay on its side nearby and as the wind pass through a open vent, the bottle spun and hit the contact of the receiver interior.

“Repeat that!”
the radio crackled as the wind pressed it against the radio. “He said there were two cases. Ours is on their ship.”
The wind weakened and the bottle spun back around, leaving John in a serious state of confusion. "Who were these people?" John silently asked himself as he approached the radio cautiously.

The only explanation that his mind could summon was that this was the communications of that ASREV that he and Wolf had seen flying towards Roc. This radio being a Short Wave Receiver the owners of those voices had to be nearby.

Tess's comm flashed through his mind again. "Wolf! John! We got a situation. Some thrilling heroics might not go amiss soon! Real soon. No talkie back."
By the sound of things on this side of the radio, there wasn't too much to be worried about. They obviously just wanted some sort of case, so why didn't Captain Sung just give it to 'em and let them be on their merry way?

Now close enough to the radio to touch it, John used his finger and moved the bottle back to the receiver.

“Negative. No property damage. You hear!! Blow them if you have to but do not damage the cargo.”

"There was something more along the needs of 'some thrilling heroics'," John thought silently, wondering what in the name of whatever god was out there was going on.

Still, as curious as John was, he still had a job to do. He probably wouldn't be able to truly do the job alone (especially without the shuttle, which Wolf had taken back down to the ship), but he was still capable enough to begin the work.

With that thought in mind, John checked the radio frequency, quickly memorized it unless he accidentally changed it, and placed the radio in his pocket with the button contact pressed down. Now capable to hear what was going on, John started up the Processor again, intent upon finding proper parts so he could get of this damn rock!


Posted on 2013-07-23 at 21:58:16.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 289/33
6034 Posts


The Gun fight - short and fast

OOC: Although there is a order of initiative her, I have attempted to write things in a semblance of order.

LV-426, Emergency Landing Field by Rocinante 8:22 am PT
When the guard started to push her to the ground to fire at the crowd, Willow clung to the arm forcing her down as if frightened, but as soon as the guard was leaning forward, Willow shifted her grip on his arm into the sankyo position. A firm wrench rotated his wrist into a painful lock, and when Willow let herself fall, she pulled him with her. But the move was new to her and not new to the guard who had martial arts training of his own. With a quick flick, he pulled himself free and Willow landed on the ground with a soft thud. The armoured man moved his assault rifle upwards, either to hit Willow or to shoot her in the precarious position that she was in ...

*BLAMMM*

The full force of a rifle shot hit the guard and caused him to reel backwards. the body armour clearly absorbed the damage of the bullet but could not stop the powerful force. He stumbled back trying to keep upright. Willow seizes the moment and withdrew the butterfly pin from her hair and struck the guard between the armour plates and the boot of his right leg. The pin did little damage but it did draw blood and the guard cried out in surprise more than real pain. He jumped back, ready to swiftly kick Willow in the face for hurting him. Only his muscles lost the ability to function. he collapsed to the ground like Sandy Claws riding a bowl full of jelly down the chimney at Beltane, unable to control his body or move a muscle.

Matherson cane struck the ground and a blue field of energy shot from it towards Portia, Wyatt and Dillon like a wave. Portia was struck first and felt to the ground rapidly. Wyatt was then engulfed. He tried to fight the energy as it sought to overwhelm him but it was too much even for the steel will of the captain and he too hit the ground unconscious. Then Dillion attempted to dodge away but he too was engulfed and he too became a victim of the blueness.

The ASREV fires up the engines and the ramp starts to close.

The other guard opens up with the assault rifle but Captain Havelock throws himself in front of and partial onto of the gun. A three round burst fires into Havelock's body and he falls completely, but he manages to trap the rifle under him to prevent it from use. the guard lets go and draws his sidearm while hastily running back to the ASREV, even though the ramp is almost down.

Hack moves quickly to the federal Marshall and disarms the man in a through business like fashion, not only taking the weapons away but pulling their magazines and discharging the shells in the chamber.

Matherson nods to Slash who starts to walk towards Sifu and the Violin player.

Wolf comes running into the field of combat and sees that guard is being left behind but is still armed is a hand-gun. The big mechanic opens up with one gun and then the other knowing that the armour will protect the guard so he had to make it count. The first burst catches the man and the force spins him around. The second send him flying backwards to the ground. By the time Wolf reached his victim, he is unconscious and wounded, but still alive.

The ASREV lifts off and circles slightly, as if about to pulverize Rocinante but then quickly ascends into the sky and takes off at speed, leaving the three supposed Marshalls behind.

Sifu stands and takes a fighting stance as Slash approaches. Slash pulls his gun up and puts a hand out to show he wants to put it away. The gesture is moot as Ma noisily pumps her shotgun from behind Slash and he turns to see the pink weapon head.

"Hey!" he says like his feelings are hurt, "I ain't hurt nobody."

Tess moves up quickly on the man in a white tuxedo, pulls the hammer back and steps up with heavy cannon leveled, "Call them off. You so much as twitch that cane, and I will ventilate your brain."

Matherson smiles as if Tess said something funny and calls out loudly and clearly, "I just want my case back, Miss. Sorry about your captain, but I figured best to make sure the commander was taken out."

LV-426, Atmo Processor Interior 8:21am PT
As John packs up the radio he hear the tell-tale pops of distant gunfire. Suddenly the radio crackles to life again as he holds it in his hands.

"Gorram hell! We are being fired upon!"

"Pull back! Pull back!"

"But Dillon and Kyle and ..."

Another voice comes on the radio, deep and fierce enough to broker no argument. "You have your order! Get out and blow them. We will deal with this with the whole unit.."

"Copy that sir."

The sides of the building have no windows but many slits for air to pass through. As John moves to look, he sees the ASREV lifting off. At first he thinks that it will fire on the ship but takes off instead and quickly.

Get out and blow them? What's the blow them mean if not the ship?
LV-426, Emergency Landing Field, Outside rear of Rocinante, 8:21 am PT
Jessie emerges from the ship just as the ASREV leaves and the fighting seems to be over. The Captain is on the ground, so is Portia Amber and the Marshall. The Old Captain is down and bleeding and Matherson and his bodyguards seem to be being held at gunpoint by the ladies of the crew. She can hear Matherson say loudly, "I just want my case back, Miss. Sorry about your captain, but I figured best to make sure the commander was taken out."


(So you have three captives. One is unconscious. One is wounded and unconscious, and the third is wounded and drugged unconscious. Dillon, Wyatt and Portia can all be revived easily and quickly, in fact the revive on their own within 30 seconds. Havelock has taken three bullets to the chest but is still breathing and holding the rifle to the ground. No other passengers are wounded.)



Posted on 2013-07-26 at 02:34:26.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 163/114
5825 Posts


Combat not over yet :)

As Wolf steadied his stance and aim of the single 97R praying to whatever god watched over the verse things happened quickly and in a totally unexpected way..

‘BLAMMM’

The sound of a high powered rifle coming from behind him seemed to Wolf to be the start of this gun fight. Whoever had fired the shot, most likely Ash from some hidden spot, was dead on hitting the guard about to slam Willow with his rifle. The full force of the rifle shot seemed to Wolf to tear through the Marshall’s armor. As he stumbled back trying to keep upright he failed, falling to the ground hopefully dead.

As Wolf kept sighted on his target, the third Marshall, he caught a bright flash of blue light in the corner of his eye for a moment distracting him. By the time he had once again sighted on the Marshall, Havelock was down and bleeding and the Marshall was headed at a run for the ASREV armed only with a pistol .

Wasting no time the 97R held firmly in hand he fired first one three round burst, then a second, and watched as all six rounds hit the running Marshall. The force of the first three round burst stopping him in his tracks and spinning him around to face the big mechanic. The impact of the second three round burst sent him flying backwards to land hard on the ground. Wasting no time Wolf closed in on the downed Marshall as the ASREV fired up her engines and slowly took flight circling slightly.

“No God**mn go tsao duh* way”

Dropping the 97R Wolf quickly brought the JC39 around to his front to bare onto the ASREV, clicked onto full auto, and let fly with the assault rifles full 50 round clip.

Though the mechanic inside him knew there was very little chance to bring the ASREV down, the brawler in him was unable to just let them go without at least trying and as such the sustained full auto burst. With the ASREV up away, Wolf turned to the Marshall at his feet finding him unconscious and alive.

Hmmm Very good armor Wolf thought to himself as he secured the Marshall. First chance he’d get he would strip the Marshall of his armor and hide it somewhere on board. Hell you never know when good armor would come in handy.

Calling out to four of the male passengers he had them come to his side and had each grab an arm or a leg and had them carry the Marshall to the foot of the Rocinante’s ramp.
Remembering John at the Atmos Processor he called him on the crew radio.

“John, Wolf we are secure here” After giving him a quick rundown of the action Wolf turned to matters at hand.

“So what’s the processor look like, can we get it out fast and back to the ship? I have a feeling we would be better off this rock ASAP”

(Going to stop here for possible interaction with Giddy)
*Dog Humped



Posted on 2013-07-26 at 05:02:29.
Edited on 2013-07-27 at 00:45:12 by TannTalas

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D RPG Life forums, gamer blogs, D&D resources, roleplaying chat, dungeon maps Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.