The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: t_catt11, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Paranoia: Commies Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Paranoia: C Q&A
Other Sci Fi - Paranoia: the Only Good Commie is a Dead Commie (posted by t_catt11)Paranoia: Commies
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)LLE - WoT
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Realms of Twilight Demo
Related thread: Realms of Twilight Demo Recruitment
Related thread: Realms of Twilight Demo Characters
Related thread: Realms of Twilight Demo Q&A
GM for this game: Steelight
Players for this game: Brianna, Tiamat5774, Dakarta
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Realms of Twilight Demo
RDI T-shirts!

Geekier Kid
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Kitara.

"I would be wise to remove ourselves form near that dry river bed. IF there is rain in that storm we might face a sudden rush of water down it. We need to find somewhere to give us a bit of protection." Kitara shares her thoughts with the others. She knew it didn't have to be raining here to have flood waters from further upstream flood this place.

Setting action to words Kitara begins to head to higher ground. THe blackness made everything more difficult but if they took care and used all if their senses then it was possible to keep moving if slowly. Kitara used her quarterstaff as a extension of herself. She use it to find a safe path to move along reaching out with an end to feel what was there in the blackness


Posted on 2010-11-01 at 02:55:26.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


Moving to higher ground

Iauran agreed with Kitara. Being down in the riverbed was probably not the best idea if the storm did let loose any rain.

He nodded to Kitara and motined to the others to try to move up the embankment. He slowly started to move himself angling his way up. With the sparse light from the lightning and the dangerous footing it was not easy.

Hopefully the others were doing well. The storm was unnerving Iauran. Hopefully they could find a spot to rest once they were out of the riverbed.


Posted on 2010-11-02 at 00:55:45.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


following

As it seemed the consensus was to get out of the dry river bed, that is what the wizard did as well, not that he agreed with the decision.

while down in the riverbed he would have cast light, but up here it might call too much attention to the group. It may be hard to see in the darkness, but the darkness hides them all well.

Just in case though he would include his team in on his thoughts, "I have been contemplating casting light on one of our objects we carry, but I don't feel it would be wise. The darkness covers us, and the lightning though it intermittently allows us a lit path it also shows our position. With a constant light we would stick out like a fly in the milk. It's up you all though. Should I light up our path?"


Posted on 2010-11-07 at 21:25:16.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Kitara

"Wise thought. We also must remember though, both sound and light carry in such a place as this. We must use the dark to our advantage. Those of us with good vision in the dark need to be spread amongst us," said Kitara. Then she went silent and used her quarterstaff to move forward reeling her way using her staff ans a blind man does. Thought with the starlight and moonlight it was no total darkness. Her eye adjusted as best they could.


Posted on 2010-11-07 at 23:09:02.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


spark up?

Iauran listened to both Kitara and Sorgoth. It seemed they both had good ideas.

On one hand us being in the riverbed with a constant light source would allow us to move quickly. However, if it started to rain we could be in some serious trouble. Kitara is corect as well, moving in the darkness and quitely right now is our greatest advantage. I think I have an idea.
Iauran noticed that the others were making their way up the embankment. Sticking together would benefit them more than getting ahead of each other. He quickly moved to catch up with Kitara and bring her back to the group.

(Once everyone is gathered together) "First off I think we should take a break to rest. Right now the storm isn't bad, but it could get worse. If that happens being stuck down there could have been fatal. When we start moving again, I'll take the lead. I'd like Shenek to follow me, Sorgoth next, Kitara, Avriel, and Gosk cover our backs." H elooked around at his companions as he spoke. "This puts our better sighted members pread out and being able to help those who can't see as well. Right now the lighning is helping us but we don't know how long it will last. Keep your eyes open for some possible shelter or a place we can rest in case the storm gets worse. Sorgoth, if we absolutely have to we'll use your light spell, but I think we should hold for now."

Iauran stood up, stretched, and adjusted his gear. "Is everyone ready? Let's continue on."


Posted on 2010-11-08 at 04:09:41.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

The group smartly moves to higher ground as the lightning strikes grow ever closer. Without light, travel is slow and you each have to take great care to ensure that you don't twist an ankle or trip on the uneven and rock strewn ground.

After what seems like hours of intense, strobe-like lightning strikes, deafening thunder, and a notable lack of any rain whatsoever the storm begins to clear. As the wind carries the clouds away the light of the moons and the stars can once again be seen gliding high in the twilight sky.

It is then that you realize how truly slow you have moved. Though it is difficult to determine distance in the wastelands, judging from the appearance of Illuria's great crystal pyramid you have travelled no further than a few miles since the storm began. Despite your fitness exhaustion is beginning to wear on you all. One can only keep their senses at such a level for so long after all.

(Assuming you don't wish to do a forced march, and you set up camp in the dry riverbed where you are less likely to be spotted at a distance...)

Gathering wood for a warming fire is done easily enough. The many dead and dried out trees scattered about do not hesitate to provide for you. One day has passed since you left the gates of Illuria. Celine moves ever further towards the horizon, and the deadline of your delivery grows ever closer.

(Feel free to post anything done or discussed in camp including watches, etc.)

________________________________________________________________

Day 2: Wastelands (Assuming you are traveling via the riverbed to make better time...)

The hours pass as you travel ever eastward, seeing no sign yet of the end of the wasteland. Although, you all think to yourselves, for a place with such a dark and deadly reputation, in two days all you have encountered were a few harmless rodents and an incredibly impressive lightning storm. Perhaps you've just been lucky so far... With that thought in mind you refocus your senses, trained by years of adventuring to keep you alive.

At various points throughout the day you could swear you feel eyes on you. Gosk might se a shadow out of the corner of his eye, only to see nothing when he focuses on it. Several hours later Kitara hears the shuffling of feet, that may just have been the wind. Strangely, not once do any of you detect anything concrete. Yet you cannot shake this strange feeling...

By the end of the day you have covered many miles, and even the thick callouses on your feet ache a bit from your hike across the wastelands. The strange feeling you had has faded over the last few hours, and you begin to think that it may all have just been the legends of this place finding their way into your perception, but your adventuring lives have taught you far to much for you to fall into that assumption easily. Still, there have been no signs for over two hours.

The riverbed seems to continue meandering east in a relatively straight path leading off into the distance. Perhaps you can follow it all the wayout of the wastelands. It would make your trek that much easier if that were the case.

(At this point you have travelled for 8 hours. Any further travel would be considered a forced march. Feel free to decide what to do from here and set up camp, or whatever, as you see fit.)


Posted on 2010-11-09 at 02:28:58.
Edited on 2010-11-09 at 06:11:50 by Steelight

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Sorgoth

As the group settles down in the dry riverbed to make camp, Sorgoth brings out Voltaire, his Raven.

"Voltair, got a favor to ask of you. Could I get you to fly in a half mile semi-sphere of this position to see if you can see if we are being followed or watched? I should be alerted by your feelings of surprise or acknowledgment of anything suspious"

(I don't know if Steelight wishes to play Voltair or if I should. I know the bird has a personality of its own.)


Posted on 2010-11-12 at 04:02:46.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Kitara

Kitara was well used to walking it was something she did most of the tme even when she had a horse. It helped her to keep fit and strong. She included other exercises that focused on arms and hand was well and walking in different way, side steps, slides, jogging, lifting her knees up high. exercise she had learn well in her training and found a way to incorporate while she traveled. Thus her travels serving two purposed, convenient distance and fitness. She was a bit surprise to find out how little distance they had traveled that first day or night as it were. When they finally stopped she helped to gather wood and cook. Kitara like to cook using dried herbs and seasonings to improve what mostly was tasteless fare. She left the first and last watches for the spellcaster, taking a middle watch herself. Kitara didn't so much sleep as meditate. sitting is a lotus position.

Morning came without them being bothered by the denizens of the wastelands. However during the day Kitara had been aware of a prickling along her back as if someone were watching them. Sometime later she confirmed that sensation with no quite identifiable footsteps well more like shuffling footsteps. But then the sensation began to fade and by the time they made the e"evening" camp. she felt nothing more.

WHen the group stopped but before everyone started on one task or another. Kitara informs them of what she felt and heard. "I sense being watched for most of the day, and once heard shuffling footsteps. It faded just recently but I think we should be extra alert and perhaps set up some alarm traps that will give us a heads p if something come to close." She gathers some rocks and makes piles with twigs set to topple a few if they are brushes or disturbed. Mostly place in the clear spots.

After that she helped with the set up and cooking.
then worked with her iron tips quarterstaff. meditated and took a second watch


Posted on 2010-11-12 at 04:45:14.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Voltair and Sorgoth

"You are so paranoid, Sorgoth!", the bird squawked.

"You would be paranoid too if you heard half the things I have about the wastes, Voltair! Oh, and by the way, If I were you, I wouldn't fly too low or make any unnecessary noise while airborne. There is a race of gnomish creatures here whose skill in the wilds and the wastes are deadly and accurate. I wouldn't want to lose you."

The raven fluffed out its feathers and stood tall as if proud of being so needed and said, "Awww, I didn't know you cared so much! Not too becoming of a Necromancer. Don't worry, If I see anything I'll fly straight back to you and fill you in personally. Just what I need, to stretch my wings!" He was off without another word. Sorgorth could feel the joy Voltair felt in the air.

It must make him happy to come out of his hiding spot in my cloak. If it weren't for the dangers of the Wastes, I'd let him out more often.


Posted on 2010-11-12 at 20:44:26.
Edited on 2010-11-12 at 20:46:13 by Tiamat5774

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


travel and rest

Iauran was intimidated by the wasteland. It seemed to go on forever. He was also rather surprised. So far the trip through the wastes had been rather uneventful. Based ont he stories he heard he had been expecting to fight through tooth and nail.

He knew not to let his guard down though. Things could go bad very quickly. The rest of the group was settling in to wait out the night. Watch rotations had already been chosen, and he had one of the middle watches. Before everyone fell asleep Iauran addressed his companions.
"I think we are doing well so far. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same. Just make sure everyone is attentive and vigilant. I still expect trouble sometime before we exit the wastes. Sleep well."


Posted on 2010-11-15 at 13:59:53.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


The Wasteland wakes

Voltair returns to the group with nothing to report beyond a half mile of dry, dusty, boring wasteland. The riverbed is the only major feature int he area, and continues at least as far as he could see in all directions. Dead trees spot the landscape, as to rough patches of briars and thorns.
________________________________________________________________
The majority of the party is just drifting off to sleep it seems. Others are still in the world between dreams and waking. Avriel the summoner has been on watch for only a few short hours. She sits on one of the rocks, silently stroking her serpentine eidolon Yir'ess while lost in thoughts all her own. Movement catches her eye, but perhaps it is just the soft wind rustling some nearby briars...

A moment later a pair of glinting red eyes, filled with malice, hatred and... hunger fade into view, and then another. Human-like forms coalesce out of nothingness. After a moment recognition dawns on the half-elf and a yell of alar, goes up.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wraiths!!!"

(OOC: Currently everyone save Avriel and her eidolon are prone and flat-footed. One of the wraiths is looming above Iauran hungrily, while the other is near Avriel. Since there are only 2 enemies I'm not going to use a battle map for this one. Imagination and description can be more fun anyway... )


Posted on 2010-11-17 at 02:26:23.
Edited on 2010-11-17 at 02:26:42 by Steelight

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


The alarm goes off

((OOC: Not sure if I sleep or just trance and meditate like elves and drow do))

"Wake up, Wake up, Wraiths!"

Sorgoth is jolted back to the real world and instantly sees the danger. With out even bothering to get to his feet, he sees a wraith hovering dangerously over Lauran, and Sorgoth casts a Force Chain at the wraith, hoping to hold back its deadly touch.

Only then does he begin to get to his feet and draw his sword.


Posted on 2010-11-19 at 03:47:18.
Edited on 2010-11-19 at 03:49:35 by Tiamat5774

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

The suddenness of the cry jolted Sorgoth from his reverie. It took only a moment for his eyes to clear and he saw the danger. Quickly he sat up, grasping quickly at the threads of magic attempting to weave them into something that would hold at least one of the wraiths at bay. Dazed as he was it the threads seemed to keep slipping through his dextrous fingers. Quickly he re-focused and got a firm grasp on them. He wove the threads into a chain of force that shot from his hand and wrapped the wraith poised to attack Iauran in the chain. The incorporeal creature struggled against the force that restrained it, but for the moment it remains grappled mere inches away from the cleric's prone form. He then stood to gain better leverage against the wraith he held in his chain.

The others awoke, but were disoriented by their surroundings. Avriel was the only other to act.

"Stay back!" She called to her eidolon, fearful of what effect the life-draining wraiths would have on her precious companion. She jumped to her feet as the second wraith approached her and pulled her shining silver mace from its sling. She did not charge, but waiting for the thing to come to her. It did so and she swung with all her might at it. The creature only laughed as the mace sailed straight through it, slamming into the rock at her feat, and causing no harm whatsoever to the wraith itself. A malicious grin spread across its face as it reached for her, eagerly craving the life force kept within her fragil mortal shell. Desperate to avoid the creatures touch the summoner through herself to the rock beneath her, and rolled off of the boulder she had been standing on to plant her feet firmly on the ground.

"That was a little too close I think."

(OOC: The first round has passed. Everyone except Sorgoth and Avriel are still prone and flat-footed. Initiative has been determined. Post/act as you may.)


Posted on 2010-11-23 at 14:35:33.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


when my turn comes up again......

Sorgoth might be able to control one but not both wraiths. With one of the wraiths tied up for the moment, Sorgoth turns his attention on the wraith threatening Avriel. He channels necromantic energies to attempt to enslave and control the ghostly creature.

Hoping for success but preparing for failure, Sorgoth readies his Magic Missile spell as a back up and commands the wraith, "Leave us! Feed on the nightlings that occupy these wastes, but not on us!"

Sorgoth tries to guage the wraith's response to his command, but at the first sign of trouble out of it he will pump him full of three blasts of force energy.


Posted on 2010-11-25 at 15:43:19.
Edited on 2010-11-25 at 15:49:44 by Tiamat5774

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Kitara

It took a moment for Kitara to wake from her restful meditative state. The first cry of alarm stirs her to movement. She takes up her quarterstaff iron shod and turns to find the wraiths. They had apparently select to give their attentions to the two who were on watch.

Even as she stood with weapon in hand she was working on how best to attack these creature--foul undead that needed to ge given their final rest. With weapon in hand and now up she looked she was ready to move to the attack.



Posted on 2010-11-25 at 18:07:18.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.