In the far, far distant future of 2015 great and awesome things were afoot (that's right, past-future tense!). Fantastico (formerly Fantasti Co.) a large, multi-faceted and strangely tax exempt company purchased Manhattan Island, seceded from the United States and declared itself an independant nation, barricaded and unreachable by any outsiders. City Fantastico, as it is called, initially flourished under the leadership of Mr. Fantasti IV, the ancient CEO of Fantastico. Under his careful watch (and on his dime) City Fantastico showcased some of the most remarkable events of the 21st century; a steroid fueled Football league, unrestrained scientific advances, the largest World's Fair in the history of earth and a robust film production facility ushered in a golden age for the newly formed nation. Crime was at an all time low, fun was at an all time high, and the nations best economists predicted that as long as Mr. Fantasti IV was there to guide them, nothing could possibly go wrong.
They were exactly right.
The year is now 2023, three years after the sudden disappearance of Mr. Fantasti IV. His son, Mr. Fantasti V "leads" the country in his absence, but he is hardly the man his father was. Fantastico's control on its own country has slipped. Large lavish stadiums and high rises have given way to slums and gang violence, Central Park remains overgrown with bizarre plants, the results of abberant science left unchecked, and the large military for hire that once maintained the safety of the city has abandoned their posts. Long since ostracized from the remainder of the world, large portions of City Fantastico have fallen under control of local factions, all locked in a power struggle for what remains of the wealth, power and knowledge that once fueled the great city. Barricaded within their fortress like HQ at the centre of the city, Fantastico's Executive Board makes a desperate play to regain control of their city.
I am looking for 4-5 players to play in this game. It's an original world filled with influences from just about every video game, comic book, action movie and particularily drunken adventure I've ever played, read, seen or had. Here's a quick list of things you should know about playing it.
- The system is a combination of homebrew and d20 modern. The characters are completely homebrew and once I have the players in I'll give out character creation details. Suffice to say, if you can think it, you can make it (within reason, you are still humans, you are not robots, or mutant winged things, Yet. Seeing how I made this specifically for the game, I am open to suggestions if you want your character to feel a specific way. I want this to be fun. And Awesome.
- This thread is for open recruitment, but I have a few players I've invited in advance, as it's been a while since I got to play with them. This isn't really going to be a first come first serve situation, and I don't want to seem like an asshole, but I'm going to pick what players I'd like in this game. If I didn't invite you, it doesn't mean I don't want you, I only invited 2-3 close people I haven't gamed with in a while. There are open slots.
- About once a week for a post is fine. Will move faster if posts come faster.
- This is not to be taken SERIOUSLY. I want this game to be fun, over the top and awesome. I want cliched characters, dramatic actions and both pre and post-mortem one liners. It's like pulp fiction action porn. Yes.
- While it's close to being free-form, there is a rules system in place. You might not understand it, I might not understand it, but its there.
- The story I've got for this, I actually like it. I've put effort into it. If you're not willing to do the same, I might not want you in this game. Decent posts, of decent length, with minimal spelling mistakes (I mean, spellcheck) should be considered a minimum.
- Always remember Grugg loves you.
Posted on 2011-02-06 at 16:56:25.
Edited on 2011-02-13 at 16:49:27 by Grugg
Don't mean to clog up your recruitment thread, your Gruggyness, but speaking of of pre and post mortem taglines, I just got done watching "The Last Boy Scout".
"Its one of those new keys... you know.. the kind that shread."
"Was that C4?"
"Either that, or a hell of a recall"
Im afraid that would just be too seldom for how I want this game to go. If at any time your schedule permits more regular posting, don't hesitate to look for a slot in the game, but as of right now I'd like a once a week minimum for all posters.
I'd look to make my interest in this game known, though at this point in time my reliability is at best a tentative "maybe I can post weekly". With newborn in the house, working full time, and hormonal spouse, things are a bit hectic to say the least...
But seriously, put me down as a serious maybe!
Posted on 2011-02-07 at 17:27:50.
Skari-dono Icelanders! Roll Out Karma: 102/11 1514 Posts
I haven't been regular here at the Inn for a long time, but I'd like a spot in this if you've got the room to spare.
Might have to look at some B-Movies for this; thinking Bruce Campbell as inspiration.