The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members: Raven, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by TannTalas)Destiny's Flight
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Bannix)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by wordcandy70)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Scarred Continents
Parent thread: The Scarred Continents, Game Ready and Recruitment Open
Related thread: The Scarred Continents, Q&A
GM for this game: Celtia
Players for this game: clockwork demise, Tuned_Out
This game is on hiatus.
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5   
    Messages in The Scarred Continents
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Mens
Price: $14.00

Celtia
Resident
Karma: 19/0
403 Posts


Well, you forced my hand earlier than I intended, but fine by me.

(Matrim's POV)

It took some minutes before the wagon actually left, even after it's two horses had been hitched. After Matrim and Shiel had boarded, there was a slight disturbance when a Paladin conversed out of earshot with the Cleric clearly supposed to be the wagon's assigned Guard. The cause became quickly apparent, as both Cleric and Paladin took places on board the transport, the Paladin politely explaining the minor change in plan as the wagon finally started off throughout the streets.

"If you're looking to get to the tower as soon as possible, then we'll be going through the Eastern Forge District, a semi-military district that you're able to go in as long as you're supervised; as this transport already counts as. However, we've had recent news of stolen weaponry from the district having been sold in the Docks. The seller was caught earlier this morning, but we suspect a larger organization. To prevent wasting Temple funds on more Sending Scrolls or a Runner, I'm delivering the news to the Temple in the district, and helping the Paladins there get to the bottom of this. Consider this free, additional security for the trip, at no charge."

Matrim and Shiel gave each other a glance, before Shiel shrugged, nodding to the Paladin, looking over the wagon's sides at the streets go by.

--------

About a quarter of an hour after leaving, the ride was in silence, if you discounted the din of the streets, horses and wheels. Finally, Shiel turned towards Matrim, boredom seeming to get the better of her.

"So, sir Ferr, what do you do for a living?"

Less than a second after the words left her mouth, a new voice shouted from the street.

"If you're going to this library of your's then I'll jump on board. Big city, small world, eh Matrim? It look's like everyone want's to go to this library today."
Fortunately for Reok, the Paladin clearly didn't sense any immediate danger or hostility, as he crossed his arms, leaning back against the inner side of the wagon. He raised an eyebrow, or at least, you assumed he did; the raising of the eyebrow brought it out of the view the relatively thin visor on the Paladin's helmet allowed.

"Do you know this man, sir?" He asked, directing the question towards Matrim.


Posted on 2011-09-17 at 16:13:21.

Tuned_Out
Khash Munee
Karma: 47/0
707 Posts


...oh, hey.... I was not plotting to make the party reunite.... no, not me....

Matrim merely nodded after the paladin explained the situation. It was not anything to really concern himself with; he could not think of anyway it could hinder the business that he needed to get done at the library. Besides which he had plenty of time to achieve his tasks before the expedition got underway.

Looking to his traveling companion, Matrim debated with himself once again about trying to spark conversation. Each time he had tried he had come to the point of realizing that perhaps the young woman would be too insightful and see through his unusual mannerisms. At that he held his tongue.

About a quarter hour passed and Matrim noted the bored expression upon Sheil's face. He really wasn't a very good traveling companion under these circumstances; he didn't want anything to jeopardize his place within the expedition. Finally, Shiel turned towards Matrim, boredom seeming to get the better of her.

"So, sir Ferr, what do you do for a living?"

Before he could even speak a familiar voice called out from the street as the wagon came to a stop.

"If you're going to this library of your's then I'll jump on board. Big city, small world, eh Matrim? It look's like everyone want's to go to this library today."
This of course was questioned by the paladin. "Do you know this man, sir?" He asked, directing the question towards Matrim.
Matrim couldn't supress a chuckle. Mistress, you have such a way with the world Reok's voice wasn't hard to recognize; nor was his size.

"Aye, good sir. He is a traveling companion of mine. If it isn't too much trouble, do let him aboard." Matrim spoke clearly, then turned to Shiel. He couldn't help but grin. "Do forgive the intrusion Miss Stone, but perhaps this will help answer your question. You see I practice as a man-at-arms..." As Reok climbed into the wagon Matrim continued to describe want he meant, and detailed his recent hiring with Creek's expedition. "And that is where Reok comes into the picture." He said with a grin to the barbarian. "He knows the area well and will be vital to the expedition."

Matrim paused for a moment, pondering the slew of information he had delved into. Then it occurred to him that she had inquired about his work, perhaps she would
explain her own.

"Now, I believe that answers your question, though certainly it raises others. If you'll humor me perhaps you would explain why you were is such a rush to hire this wagon when we met before I ramble any further."




Posted on 2011-09-24 at 18:17:47.
Edited on 2011-09-24 at 18:18:12 by Tuned_Out

Celtia
Resident
Karma: 19/0
403 Posts


Posted here rather than the Q&A Thread for simplicity's sake

(It goes without saying, this post is completely out of character)

This game is going slowly, and with only two players. Excellent players, but two players regrdless. The game's started out slowly, and as a GM, I'm not doing very well to speed it up.

So, in order to free up time for myself to devote myself to the other games I play in, I am placing this game 'on hiatus', and i shall send a private message to each player when this is over, possibly anywhere from weeks to months from now, and if they are happy to continue, albeit with me making a couple more...inventive and active tweaks.

Thank you, Tuned_Out and Clockwork Demise.

(This post will be deleted when the game resumes)


Posted on 2011-10-08 at 00:27:40.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.