The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3984 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Nimu)The Trilogy War
Recruitment Threads - D&D/Horror game (posted by Eol Fefalas)D&D/Horror game
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Bromern Sal)LLE - WoT Game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Free form RPGs --> Fantasy RPGs --> Orb of Cleft Game
Parent thread: Orb of Cleft Q&A
GM for this game: Darren
Players for this game: Tiamat5774, Odyson, pyroboom, dvoloshin, Imperial_Fire, Jing, Tuned_Out
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Orb of Cleft Game
RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00

Imperial_Fire
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 7/1
32 Posts


Sudden Arrival

A flare filled his vision. His eyes burned even through shut eyes, his weight seems to be in flux trying to figure out whether his weight is there or not; suddenly with a ‘Slorp’ he found himself underground -at least that’s where he think he is due to the sudden approach of pure darkness-

As his eyes begin to adjust to the dark, Standgrid notices a light source and a faint silhouette holding it. Imminently he tried to draw his blue-tinted blade, Deadwinter, only to clumsy fall to the tough earth. he found himself without energy, moreover..quite hungry. he thought he heard the creature say something but no words reached his ears.

It seems that his head isn't doing so well which proved itself when the words escaped his mouth: "Do you have any food?"


Posted on 2011-06-28 at 18:45:29.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Well hello there....

Yuphart'd approaches the newcomer saying,"You not prepared for transfer obviously. Here, have some trail ration. My name is Yuphart'd. What you named?"


Posted on 2011-06-28 at 19:36:42.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6094 Posts


"Slorp!".....Sniff, Sniff, Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

I did not, it must be that hungry fellow there with the funny glowing sword. I did have few beans and beer a while ago, but no it wasn't me. Trail mix, sure I'll have some. Got any wine to go with that, does red or white go with nuts?

Say, this isn't the Desert Knight's Bar and Grill is it? I was suppose to do two sets with the option to headline.

Oh geeze that crowd by the wall looks a little dead tonight.

Well if you're the leader I guess we'll be able to follow you in the dark, phew............

Me, Ithassen Bin Ezy!



Posted on 2011-06-29 at 00:41:18.
Edited on 2011-06-29 at 15:03:20 by Odyson

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


well met

"Yuphart'd is my name but you right, this hasn't been easy. And the smell, umm....ah...yeah its the dead I found in other room, decomposing, yeah that's it, getting down right nasty too! I was just trying to figure out if that trap door above us is a way out of here or a trap for the floor above. I hear snoring as from some beast and a female's voice but have no idea as to the origins of either. If you wish to follow be my guest."

Yuphart'd continues to track down the source of the snoring moving in which ever direction he thinks he hears it.

as an after thought, he warns the new comers,"shhhh be quiet so we get drop on what ever it is."


Posted on 2011-06-29 at 04:22:18.

Darren
RDI Fixture
Karma: 36/8
869 Posts


Whups

Bad plan.

A tripwire... well, trips! sending Yuphart'd stumbling and letting the trapdoor open.

A boulder drops to the floor and begins to roll towards the three adventurers.

Uh oh.


Posted on 2011-07-02 at 20:52:56.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6094 Posts


Bowling for Adventures……


“Yikes……… your smell isn’t strong enough to stop that. Time to exit stage left!” With that Ithassen leaps into the nook at the side of the passage. As he lands he whips out his Mandolin, starts to strum and sings encouragement to his new companions, “Come Fly with me, come fly. Come Fly away!”…………


Posted on 2011-07-03 at 01:21:01.

Imperial_Fire
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 7/1
32 Posts


runrunrunrunRUN!

still nibbling on the trail ration in his mouth, He ran full speeds tailing behind the others.
"I know this isn't the best time for introduction, but my name is Standgrid. Thanks for the rations, I'll find a way to repay you later if we survive this."

Hearing Ithassen playing his Mandolin, Standgrid groaned loudly, as if getting crushed by the boulder isn't bad enough...

quickly Standgrid looks in the dim lighting for a hole in the wall to avoid the boulder


Posted on 2011-07-03 at 16:35:39.
Edited on 2011-07-12 at 12:48:07 by Imperial_Fire

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Indiana Jones

Yuphart'd runs away from boulder taking the first available right or left hoping for a four way intersection. (still not sure of what magic I have to use)


Posted on 2011-07-21 at 20:14:22.

Darren
RDI Fixture
Karma: 36/8
869 Posts


hey!

The three adventurers squeeze into the hollow as the boulder smashes into the wall, crunching the bones horribly.

Only just escaped from that one.
A trap obviously set FOR them. By whom?


Posted on 2011-07-21 at 20:16:40.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


A little RP

"My bad. If any you think you do better in leading tho, Please be my guest."

As he rises from the nook, he pauses looks at the boulder and says sheepishly,"So much for being quiet."

Did the boulder's noise wake the snoring thing up (did the snoring stop?)


Posted on 2011-07-21 at 22:32:30.

Darren
RDI Fixture
Karma: 36/8
869 Posts


Echoey

The snoring continues to echo down the passages, and nothing seems to have stirred, expect a litle bone dust from the smashed skeletons.
The hatch containing the boulder is now open, with a small gap visible above. It leads nowhere.


Posted on 2011-07-22 at 08:18:38.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6094 Posts


Follow the Leader....

"Oh, no, no, Yuphart'd, you have the "Air" of a leader. By all means continue. You just follow your nose and we'll follow ours ours, that should surely keep together."

"And oh great worrier, er... warrior, with glowing sword your bravery must be such that you'd want to protect our learer, so I'll just trail along behind keeping down wind , I mean protecting our flank... "

Ithassen then shoulders his instrument, smiles toothily and perpares to follow.


Posted on 2011-07-22 at 17:03:58.
Edited on 2011-07-22 at 17:05:43 by Odyson

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Creeping along now

Yuphart'd begins to move towards the south end of A5 slowly looking in all directions for possible traps: The ceiling for trap doors, falling rock traps, bladed pendulums. The floor for strange looking floor tiles, knobby foot switches, trip wires. The walls for suspicious hidden holes....etc.

Moving 10' at a time then looking, searching, trying to spot some sign of danger, for he at least still hears danger (the snoring).

when he reaches the south end of A5 he takes a left and continues moving as indicated above. 10' at a time, looking, searching, trying to spot something dangerous before it becomes a problem......


Posted on 2011-07-22 at 18:20:45.
Edited on 2011-07-22 at 18:21:55 by Tiamat5774

Darren
RDI Fixture
Karma: 36/8
869 Posts


Hey!

The adventurers arrive, much more carefully, in the next room.

Along the wall are two chests below a set of shelves, closed, in good condition. A child's skeleton lies nearby, grasping a small crossbow missing a string. On the shelves are two torches, a roll of string and an open snack packet, containing one mouldy Cheezi Puff Deluxe (tm).
An exit lies to the north, through a corridor that curves to the right.

A window behind the chests shows a big room, a chasm going through the centre, the sound of rushing water giving away the presence of a river. In the south-east corner of this big room lies a chest, and to the north-east a small platform with a rail track ending at a bumper, with another chest nearby. To the east in this room is a wrecked exit towards what look like caves, and to the north a corridor.


Posted on 2011-07-24 at 14:13:26.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6094 Posts


Around the corner.....

Following carefully behind Ithassen croons softly to encourage his companions. Without a weapon it's the only defense he can think to do.

(O.O.C. to the tune of "Love and Marriage")

"Sneak-en, peek-en..., sneak-en, peek-en, Moving stealthy as the exit we're seek-en. As we adventure together keep it safe, but don't forget the treasure."

As they enter the new room Ithassen sees the small skeleton. Picking up the small weapon he wonders if the crossbow might be able to be restrung with one of his extra mandolin stings. Perhaps a weapon at last, now he needs bolts. He tries to determine how the small person had died.

Stepping away from the remains he says, "Say Yary, those torches may be handy, grab um for later. Standy, poke those chests and see you can get them open, there may be something useful or valuable inside, you look well protected.



Posted on 2011-07-24 at 15:43:28.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.