The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption
Spamvertize - Amazon! (posted by t_catt11)Amazon!
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Other Sci Fi --> Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG
Related thread: Destiny Flight - QnA
Related thread: Characters in Destiny - a Serenity RPG
Related thread: New Destiny Characters
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: TannTalas, SilentOne, Bromern Sal, Nomad D2, Odyson, Chessicfayth
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG
RDI T-shirts!

Proof of Daddy's Charisma Onesie
Price: $15.50



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6146 Posts




Jonah had taken to preparing the meals. The lack of funds had made the choice of food stock pretty slim. It had been a few years since he’d had to scrape by. Now he’d had buy what he could get and that was mostly beans and food paste. Spices were scarce but he found a few, now he was just trying to be creative. Although they hadn’t got rich he and his crew of the Nora Lee had been able to be comfortable. The three of them would take their turn in the galley. Seems like often as not Nathan would jump in and take Jonah’s turn, said he wanted try out a new thing he’d found on the Cortex.  

 

Now Jonah was just mixing things up, it wasn’t that hard. The crew didn’t complain, much. But he could tell thing weren’t always a delight. Tonight’s spicy western oriental bean stew was meant to be a stick to your ribs meal. It turned out more of a lump in your belly. Well if anyone felt like they could do better he was more than happy to hand them the spoon. Jonah knew that no one wanted the kitchen responsibility so he’d just keep on putting the best he could on the table, besides they had themselves a real Doctor on board if they felt too queezie . Maybe he’d try to find some of them items Nathan said were on the Cortex.

Just as he was finishing wiping down the counter Wyatt's voice came over the boats com, "We got ourselves an unknown some three thousand klicks ahead and in path. I'd appreciate everyone gettin' situation for whatever Gorram shinanigans are 'bout t' go down."

"Shinanigans...shinanigan, we ain't got time for no shinanigan,"Jonah grumbled out. Hanging the towel to dry the older man made his way to the lift. Jonah had liked this convenience, he was getting a too stiff to be climbing stairs all the time. The doors opened and he strolled into the command area. As he entered he saw Wyatt standing near the pilot. The new pilot concentrated on the sensors, Jonah had noticed they seemed a bit different than standard and perhaps more sensitive, but they were still working out the details. “Bingo." confirmed Alex. " Got something cap’n. There is a power signal, but it is very faint. Not much there. And whatever it is – its metal and kinda big, at least compared to us. Maybe 2x the size of Destiny.” He sighed, he hated not knowing. “That’s it. I’m checking every sensor we have, but until we get closer, maybe even visual range, I don’t think I can say much more. Right now, we are on a course to intercept. Let me know if that should change.”

"I don't like it none," Wyatt mutters. "Xiâoxin. We've been running on too much good luck t' not have it blow back in our faces. Take us int' visual range but be ready on the throttle."

"Capt'n..we need to be real careful....we don't need any delays or distractions. If you don't find any signs of life , we ain't got time for another salvage." About then he saw Ivy looking worried. She seemed to be repeating something. “Something is out there.” Ivy's faint voice filters in. “Something that needs help.”

That stopped Jonah cold. "We still need to be very careful."



Posted on 2019-08-05 at 21:39:23.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6366 Posts


Red Faced

As Fenris waited and listened he caught out of the corner of his eye the arrival of Alaxis the Destiny’s doctor. Other then the ammo incident and dinner sit downs with the rest of the crew, Dahng rahn* they really needed a better cook then Pops, he’d had very little time to get to know her. He had to admit she was a looker. Her greeting caught him totally off guard causing a thick red flush to cover his face.

"Good to see you, Bullet"

Without really thinking he replied the first words that came to his mind.

“You too Space Girl”

Lao tyen, boo** did I just say that  Fenris thought laughing to himself  Space Girl really, well she started it 

Red blush still clearly covering his face, all he could do for the moment was smile, try to play it off, and listen to the ongoing discussion on the mystery signal.

*Of course
**Oh god no

 



Posted on 2019-08-06 at 18:34:42.
Edited on 2019-08-06 at 18:37:11 by TannTalas

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6288 Posts


da da

"Shinanigans...shinanigan, we ain't got time for no shinanigan,"Jonah grumbled out.

"I don't like it none," Wyatt mutters. "Xiâoxin. We've been running on too much good luck t' not have it blow back in our faces. Take us int' visual range but be ready on the throttle."

"Capt'n..we need to be real careful....we don't need any delays or distractions. If you don't find any signs of life , we ain't got time for another salvage."

About then he saw Ivy looking worried. She seemed to be repeating something. “Something is out there.” Ivy's faint voice filters in. “Something that needs help.”

That stopped Jonah cold. "We still need to be very careful."

Ivy put both hands to her head, covering her ears as if something loud was playing.

"Good to see you, Bullet" Alaxis said to Wolf coyly.

“You too Space Girl” Wolf replied while blushing.

“The shielding in the engineering quarters and the infirmary are the strongest of anywhere in the ship.” Ivy said to no one in particular. ”We have to save her. So much love. I’m sorry but I never lied to you.”

(Assuming a lot of stares)

Ivy put her hands down, “What? I … just had something stuck in my head like a song or a vid-clip.”

"Might not be the best time t' be distractin' Uncle Alex, Ivy-girl," Wyatt said quietly. The young lady nodded and left the cockpit without a word.

 

Demeter

 

Destiny Day 3, 7:30 pm Ship Time (ST)

It was definitely a ship. A strange long vessel with an armour plating that seemed to absorb most sensor forms of detection. The ship was dead in the black, rotating awkwardly and drifting without direction. Alex brought the speed down as you approached. There was some damage to the ship, the communication array was destroyed and there are some burn marks on the armour, but not enough to disable it. The ship had a front facing gun port for some big gun, but no other weapons.

According to the computer, it was an Apollo class science/exploration vessel.  On the bow of the ghost ship was an emblem of an “earth that was” ship that used to sail the oceans with sheets of cloth to capture the wind. Superimposed over that was a woman holding a stalk of wheat, a matronly woman dressed in white robes. Under the image was the word “DEMETER”

Demeter? The Demeter????

The Legend of the Demeter:

During the Unification war, a group of Browncoats stole a large amount of platinum bars from the alliance to order to help fund their efforts in the war.  The story of amount stolen varies but it is usually 1000 of bars worth 100 platinum each and the funds were smuggled upon a ship called the Demeter to be delivered to Independence High command. But the ship never showed up, it just vanished from the verse, never to be found again. The High command was hit hard by this loss and declared the crew as traitors and put a bounty on their heads. It did not help, as the ship and crew were never seen again. 

The short wave radio message was still coming from the ship. “life support failure is imminent. Error 417719” There was a very faint energy signature from within the front area of the ship but the shielding made pinpointing it impossible.  Otherwise the ship before you was completely dead. Engines off and cold. No pulse beacon, no power and no life.

The Apollo class was not made for ship to ship connecting and has a very small cargo bay. You can not get Destiny close enough to connect, so you’d have to use the shuttle and try a manual override if you wanted to go over.

From the rec room beyond the cockpit, Ivy's voice can be heard in a dead tone, "Please save her. I love her so and she is just innocent. Please save her..."



Posted on 2019-08-08 at 07:47:29.
Edited on 2019-08-08 at 07:50:08 by Alacrity

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2362 Posts


Captain's Call

Alex watched as the dead relic floated on the screen.  When the image of an earth ship first appeared as a logo his hopes rose for something special, but then the name,  Demeter, entered the view screen.  A low whistle slipped through his teeth.  Well, that would be something special.  The  Demeter....

Everyone in the command center had their eyes glued on the screen.  Ivy's voice came over the intercom but Alex just ignored her.  He agreed with the sentiment, but the general sense of it was not needed at the moment.  

He glanced at the captain.  It was the captain's call.  But he had heard comments about time and he did know something about what they could spare.  "Captain, as you know, we haven't been pushing it on this run.  We can easily make up for a 6 hour stop.  Even 24 hours could be caught up easily enough and would have us arriving as scheduled.  That's your window."  

As he looked at the ship it was clear that something had happened to it.  "I can bring us closer away from the nose of the thing.  With no power it is hard to imagine that cannon firing, but I'm not big on chances.  Then it would be shuttle time."

He wanted to go over.  At least, he wanted the team to go over.  He guessed he might be stuck sitting right here.  Priviledge of the pilot's seat.  But there was a mystery sitting right out there.  A mystery and a whole heap of money.  Maybe.  What the heck had happened?  Best not to think about the money right now, he didn't even know what he'd do with it.  No.  Ignore that. 

He slowly guided the ship closer and glanced up at the captain.  "Captain?"



Posted on 2019-08-09 at 23:55:31.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6366 Posts


It can't be!

As Fenris stared at the strange ship as they moved closer, it was clear it was dead and rotating awkwardly and drifting without direction. The mechanic could see there was some damage to the ship, the communication array was destroyed and there are some burn marks on the armor, Wuh de ma* a ship with armor plating!, that somehow looked like it could possibly absorb most sensor forms of detection but not enough to disable it. The ship had a front facing gun port for some big gun, but no other weapons. However when they were able to see the ship’s name the shock of it sent Fenris backward into Alaxis almost knocking her over the doctors quick reflexes saving her.

“Chi de JÄ«ng ma”** The big mechanic exclaimed as he pulled himself off of Alaxis. The Demeter, it can’t be, it’s not possible! Finally turning to Alaxis he apologizes to the lady, then quickly turns back to Wyatt.

“Wyatt, Cap’n, we have to board her, see if we can salvage the ship and her cargo”

Calmer then on first sighting the Demeter Fenris quickly came up with a possible boarding party.

“Captain I think we need to board her with you, myself, Pops or Sean for their tech knowledge, or both, and Alaxis in case there is anyone alive on her.”

Anyone alive? the damn ships been MIA since the war! However they still needed to get on board her and maybe just maybe find out what happened to her and her cargo. Wuh de ma!*** her cargo…….

(Ok did not add Ivy to the boarding party as I’m not sure Fenris knows that she is possibly connected to the ship.)

*Mother of God
**Holy Mother****er
***Mother of God



Posted on 2019-08-15 at 22:28:33.
Edited on 2019-08-15 at 22:29:54 by TannTalas

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 145/11
3911 Posts




The crew all gathers, Wyatt feels the space about him receding with alarming alacrity. Ivy sharing her "talent" seems involuntary to the captain but he cares for it none. Infirmary and engineering quarters... got it, he files the information away as the young lady exits the bridge.

 “Chi de JÄ«ng ma,” the big mechanic exclaims. 

"Captain," Alex glances up at Wyatt, "as you know, we haven't been pushing it on this run. We can easily make up for a six-hour stop. Even twenty-four hours could be caught up easily enough and would have us arriving as scheduled. That's your window."  

That's a lot of time for the 'Verse t' put some Bad in motion, Sung mentally scowls but keeps a serene expression on his face as he nods his acceptance of the information the pilot has shared.

While Wyatt continues to study the ship, Alex adds, "I can bring us closer away from the nose of the thing. With no power it is hard to imagine that cannon firing, but I'm not big on chances. Then it would be shuttle time." He slowly guides the ship closer and glances up at the captain again. "Captain?"

“Wyatt," Fenris adds, "Cap’n, we have to board her, see if we can salvage the ship and her cargo. Captain, I think we need to board her with you, myself, Pops or Sean for their tech knowledge, or both, and Alaxis in case there is anyone alive on her.”

Scratching at his clean-shaven chin, Wyatt looks to his friend, pondering what to say next. The crew is waiting on his decision; times like these are where a leader takes the lives of those in his care in his hands. A single decision can change the lives of everyone on board... or end them.

Still calm as a statue on the outside, Wyatt drops his hand and hooks it in his gunbelt. "We're goin' over, Wolf. Rest easy. Alex, take us right on up like you was plannin'. 

"If that's THE Demeter, then there's a lot o' unknowns, an' I don' like unknowns. So, we all 'll be goin' over en force... 'cept Ivy. Alex, once we're in place, join us in the shuttle an' lock the controls. Make sure Ivy's got the keycode but we sure as hell ain't leaving Destiny open fer a kidnappin'. 

"Pops an' Wolf, make sure the EV suits are all in the shuttle just in case we can't lock horns."

Leaning his hip against the frame of the console, Wyatt locks eyes with each of his crew in turn as he says, "Any concerns, now's the time t' speak up."

-----------------

With their plans laid, Sung tracks down Ivy and when he makes sure that no one else is about, he dips his head and looks her in the eyes from beneath concerned brows, "You OK, Ivy-girl? You tuned int' that radio pretty hard."



Posted on 2019-08-16 at 13:44:48.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2362 Posts


A plan put in motion

Alex heard the captain say that the entire party would head over to the  Demeter.  He couldn't entirely keep the smile from his face as he put in his own, "yes, sir."  He certainly wasn't going to voice concerns about goin' over.

The pilot quickly set the controls to move the  Destine closer to the derelicct vessel.  His primary goal was to get close enough to make the shuttle jump and attachment as simple as possible.  As a secondary goal he also kept the ship clear of the  Demeter's gun port.  It hardly seemed likely to fire under the circumstances, but of such things were ambushes made.  

Once he had everything ready to go he hurried down to the shuttle being sure to make sure everythng was locked up as the captain had ordered.  He appreciated a cautios man at the helm.  



Posted on 2019-08-16 at 13:54:45.

SilentOne
RDI Poet - 1.5 Innma
Karma: 37/5
769 Posts




Alaxis was looking around the ship that they were about to board to see if anything ... or anyone... was able to be saved. Thus why she was here, the good doctor willing to help everyone, which is why she left her family and their strict rules of whom she could or couldnt treat. 

She was jolted backwards as Wolf crashed into her startling her out of her thoughts, smirking lightly she patted the large man's arm with a quick apology from him she nods her head though a slightly irritated look appears on her face when she heard him speak in chinese, perhaps, she mused to herself, he could teach her how to speak it so she'd know what it was he was muttering to himself,

"Steady Bullet, Wouldn't want you on one of my beds.. or... maybe.." She trailed off leaving the sentence unsaid as the man righted himself going on to say that he or one of the others along with herself should board the vessel infront of them. She was ready, her bag at her side filled to the brim with any medical supplies she would need, always have the bag ready to go at a moments notice.

However as she looked over the vessel they were about to board she tilted her head in thought before she gazed at her fellow companions, "This looks like a science vessel.." She seemed to speak more to herself then the rest but they could hear her clearly, "they have stasis beds... perhaps an error message.." She hummed to herself before turning to the rest, "These ones have backup medical batteries.. there could be people in stasis. Good thing I'm comiing aboard then. You'll probably need me." 

 

 



Posted on 2019-08-17 at 23:03:30.
Edited on 2019-08-21 at 22:12:17 by SilentOne

Chessicfayth
Cheshire Cad
Karma: 101/3
1167 Posts


Objection!

He couldn't believe his ears. He'd taken the Captain at his word before, but apparently, that had been a mistake. He had the feeling that it was far too late, but Fox had never been good at staying silent..... "You can't be serious. This is the exact opposite of avoiding trouble."

 

Wyatt pauses and stares hard at the man. "We got an obligation at the very least. No one leaves a boat floatin' in the Black with a distress call playin' over an' over. No human being with a soul, that is."

 

Fox shook his head. "If that's really the Demeter, then there's no way there'd be anyone left to help. And whether it is or not, do you know what follows the Apollo-class around? The Alliance."

 

"I hear ya," Sung says flatly. "But we had t' come within a spit n' a throw t' even pick up on the distress call. We ain't picked up no Alliance boats in the area so that's the least of our worries. 

 

"Now, if that's really the Demeter, then there's some possible payout associated with this humanitarian effort. An' with the Demeter havin' been missin' fer all these years, we have even more chance o' makin' that payout without trouble."

 

Fox barely stopped himself from snorting. "Because the 'Verse is just that kind and we're all just that lucky."

 

Pushing his hat back on his head, the corner of Wyatt's mouth turns up in a sardonic half-smile, "If it chooses not t' be, we'll hogtie it, slap a brand on its backside, an' ride it t' town." Dropping the attitude, the captain hooks both thumbs behind his belt near the back and says, "You've been heard, Fox. I ain't dismissin' yer concern but if'n we don't take risks, well... there ain't no reward. We proceed at a cautious pace." he addresses everyone. "There's no room fer mistakes."

Fox shook his head, but didn't object again. This was the kind of madness he'd apparently signed on for. Nothing left but to deal with it now.



Posted on 2019-08-22 at 12:45:09.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2362 Posts


Unexpected

Alex listened as Fox questioned the captain's decision to check out the Demeter.  It was hard for him to not turn around and gape.  He understood caution.  He appreciated it.  He was alive and free because of it.  But to ignore something like this ship just floating out there?  This was his response to a distress signal?  This was his reaction to one of the big mysteries of their time?  it seemed almost impossible to Alex that someone would seriously argue against checking it out.  That level of caution was . . .usually earned.  He wondered what had made Fox so cautious that he would turn his back on something like this.  In many ways the response wasn't just a surprise, but a second mystery.  Pondering the man's motivation he began to move the  Destiny into position.  One good thing about the situation at least, he appreciated how the captain handled it.  This wasn't a military outfit and he had given the man his say, but also made a decision.  Fair.  Fair was good.  Mysteries were good.  Unless they weren't.  



Posted on 2019-08-22 at 18:24:45.
Edited on 2019-08-22 at 18:25:58 by Nomad D2

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6146 Posts


Get A Room..........

Pops had stood off to the side so the younger folks could toss in their two cents about seeing if that was the real Demeter or just another derelict piece of space junk. Given his druthers he'd as soon plot the location and come back after they'd finished the run. But Ivy was having one of her "feelings."

Jonah has seen how Ivy seemed at time to just be "tuned in" to things most folks missed. Folks used to call it a sixth sense, well what ever it is Ivy has it and Jonah learned to respect it. So it seemed that Wyatt had made the call to go "help her", who ever or what ever her was.

Wyatt drops his hand and hooks it in his gunbelt. "We're goin' over, Wolf. Rest easy. Alex, take us right on up like you was plannin'. "If that's THE Demeter, then there's a lot o' unknowns, an' I don' like unknowns. So, we all 'll be goin' over en force... 'cept Ivy. Alex, once we're in place, join us in the shuttle an' lock the controls. Make sure Ivy's got the keycode but we sure as hell ain't leaving Destiny open fer a kidnappin'.  "Pops an' Wolf, make sure the EV suits are all in the shuttle just in case we can't lock horns."

Their doc seemed to be lost in thought as the big mechanic turned and bumped into her. "Steady Bullet," she said grabbing his arm, "Wouldn't want you on one of my beds.. or... maybe.."

Jonah grimaced and turned to Wolf, "Well you look mighty fine in that slicker and the iron your packing but you heard the man...Bullet...we got things to do if'n you can keep your mind on business." Pops glanced at the young Doc as she looked out at the Demeter and smiled. "Them EV suits ain't gonna load themselves."

 



Posted on 2019-08-22 at 19:37:28.
Edited on 2019-08-22 at 19:41:16 by Odyson

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 145/11
3911 Posts




Wyatt dips his head in a simple nod to the doctor's assessment. "Once we git over there, stick close t' me, Doc. Can't afford no trouble catchin' you sideways."

With their plans laid, Sung tracks down Ivy and when he makes sure that no one else is about, he dips his head and looks her in the eyes from beneath concerned brows, "You OK, Ivy-girl? You tuned int' that radio pretty hard."



Posted on 2019-08-22 at 21:55:41.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6288 Posts


a short one so you can prep

"This looks like a science vessel.." She seemed to speak more to herself then the rest but they could hear her clearly, "they have stasis beds... perhaps an error message.." She hummed to herself before turning to the rest, "These ones have backup medical batteries.. there could be people in stasis. Good thing I'm comiing aboard then. You'll probably need me."

"Once we git over there, stick close t' me, Doc. Can't afford no trouble catchin' you sideways."

Jonah grimaced and turned to Wolf, "Well you look mighty fine in that slicker and the iron your packing but you heard the man...Bullet...we got things to do if'n you can keep your mind on business." Pops glanced at the young Doc as she looked out at the Demeter and smiled. "Them EV suits ain't gonna load themselves."

Captain had made his decision and the order were given. There was work to do and no one had any reason to hang around. EVA suits to prep and a shuttle to launch, not to mention what equipment to take in case you needed to repair or rig the Demeter to work.

Sung tracks down Ivy and when he makes sure that no one else is about, he dips his head and looks her in the eyes from beneath concerned brows, "You OK, Ivy-girl? You tuned int' that radio pretty hard."

Ivy looked up at the captain and smiled sadly, “yeah. No. I don’t know. It is like I am hearing a conversation caught on a recording that is years old. Stains. You spill something dark and it leaves a stain and no matter how long you wash it or soak it, the stain is there. Even bleach only hides the stain, but it is there. Can people become stains?” She stands up from the coach and looks at Wyatt with eyes sad from too my pain in too short a life, “I wish I was normal, Captain. I don’t means to be a burden.”

(response)

“I think I will go to the exercise room and do a workout. It usually makes me feel better and focuses my mind back to what’s real.” She said making quote marks with her hands when she says the word real, “Just a quick one, I’ll be ready when you need me.”

(response)

OOC: It will take about an hour to get the gear ready and everyone to move to the shuttle. Please be specific as to what you are taking over to the shuttle and remember the guns do not work in a vacuum, EVA suit gloves are not made to fit in a trigger and the Demeter has no life support.  Think of this as a dungeon adventure: you need light, you need magic (power, perhaps batteries) and you need tools.



Posted on 2019-08-23 at 08:16:11.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 145/11
3911 Posts




"This looks like a science vessel.." She seemed to speak more to herself than the rest but they could hear her clearly, "they have stasis beds... perhaps an error message.." She hummed to herself before turning to the rest, "These ones have backup medical batteries.. there could be people in stasis. Good thing I'm coming aboard then. You'll probably need me."

"Once we git over there, stick close t' me, Doc. Can't afford no trouble catchin' you sideways."

Jonah grimaced and turned to Wolf, "Well you look mighty fine in that slicker and the iron your packing but you heard the man...Bullet...we got things to do if'n you can keep your mind on business." Pops glanced at the young Doc as she looked out at the Demeter and smiled. "Them EV suits ain't gonna load themselves."

Captain had made his decision and the order were given. There was work to do and no one had any reason to hang around. EVA suits to prep and a shuttle to launch, not to mention what equipment to take in case you needed to repair or rig the Demeter to work.

Sung tracks down Ivy and when he makes sure that no one else is about, he dips his head and looks her in the eyes from beneath concerned brows, "You OK, Ivy-girl? You tuned int' that radio pretty hard."

Ivy looks up at the captain and smiles sadly, “Yeah. No. I don’t know. It is like I am hearing a conversation caught on a recording that is years old. Stains. You spill something dark and it leaves a stain and no matter how long you wash it or soak it, the stain is there. Even bleach only hides the stain, but it is there. Can people become stains?” She stands up from the couch and looks at Wyatt with eyes sad from too my pain in too short a life, “I wish I was normal, Captain. I don’t mean to be a burden.”

"Ivy," Wyatt's expression softens. "don't you ever wish you was normal. The 'Verse gave you a gift. We jus' gotta figure out how It wants you t' use it proper."

“I think I will go to the exercise room and do a workout. It usually makes me feel better and focuses my mind back to what’s real.” She responds making quote marks with her hands when she says the word real, “Just a quick one, I’ll be ready when you need me.”

"I'm takin' everyone over with me," Sung acknowledges, stepping aside so she has an easier path past him. "You'll be left here alone an' I want you keepin' an eye on our sensors so you can warn us should something pop up on them. The controls'll be locked down, but you'll 'ave the code. Ain't no one comin' aboard 'less you let 'em. Dohn ma?"

(OOC: Ivy's response, if any.)

Swinging by his quarters, Wyatt considers what to take along. Sitting on the edge of his bed, his legs bouncing with anticipation; alone in his chambers, he allows these kinds of outward emotional displays. This whole situation has his superstitions standing up and trumpeting. The Demeter could be a ghost ship. It could have a crew in stasis. It could have a whole bunch of things and there's no way to be prepared for them all. 

Fox wasn't wrong to be concerned. Wyatt certainly is. He just can't show the rest of the crew. Shrugging out of his coat, Captain Sung slips his ballistic shirt over his ruddy red T-shirt. The EV Suit won't allow him to wear his beloved brown coat, so he moves on to his weapons. 

There's likely a vacuum... he considers, looking at his shotgun. Even the Colt will be useless until they can get the Demeter set right. Scowling, he tucks his Colt in the back of his waistband since he can't wear the holster and the EV suit. The only time he'll take the suit off is if they are successful at restoring artificial gravity, so he won't be able to access his weapon until then, but the gloves of the suit would make it nigh unto impossible to shoot the weapon anyway. Of course, his combat knife is a different story.

Snatching the sheathed weapon up in his left hand, Wyatt rises and grabs the ship-linked handset in his right. Leaving his hat and coat behind, the captain of Destiny makes his way to the shuttle. Once there, he dons one of the EV suits and searches for a way to attach his knife securely but still have it be accessible while he waits for the others. Once dressed, he checks to make sure that his handheld is working appropriately.

(OOC: When everyone is aboard and a doublecheck has been done to make sure the crew has everything they need...)

"Let's tempt Fate," Wyatt breathes. "Takes us to the Demeter."



Posted on 2019-08-27 at 14:57:03.
Edited on 2019-08-27 at 14:57:18 by Bromern Sal

Chessicfayth
Cheshire Cad
Karma: 101/3
1167 Posts




Smuggling was expected. Some B&E? Right up his alley. A gunfight to protect the ship and her crew? No sweat.

 

A vaccuum jump to a derelict ship that set every one of his senses to tinglin'? Fox hadn't signed up for this.

 

Fox did his best to calm himself has he moved around his room, grabbing things. Was this a fool's errand? Absolutely. But he was going along anyway. More the fool, I, it seems. He could refuse to go. The captain probably wouldn't space him for it. Just boot him off at the next stop. Fox shook his head at the thought. He'd agreet to be part of the crew. That came with...responsibilties. He almost shuddered at the thought.

 

All right Fox. That's enough time to bitch about it. It's happening, so come to peace with it. Better that he get his head on straight now, and be of more use later. Might be the difference between coming back or not. He gathered the last of his things, slotting them onto his toolbelt and stuffing them into pockets.

 

(((Later, when everyone is aboard and the Captain has addressed us.)))

 

"I just want to say this now, as if it all goes to hell I won't be able to later. 'I told you so.'"

 

All right, maybe he wasn't quite done bitching yet.

 

 

(((OOC: Fox is bringing SubKelvin, Patch Tape, Chameleon Suit, Fedband Scanner, Lock Picks, Lock Picks: Electronic, Cutting Torch, Tool Set: Electronic)))



Posted on 2019-08-27 at 15:31:13.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.