The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4001 registered users. Our newest member is Delance.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Spamvertize - Olan's Award Winning Chili Recipe (posted by Reralae)Olan's Award Winning Chil
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by SilentOne)Destiny Flight - QnA
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Nimu)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Free form RPGs --> Fantasy RPGs --> Darkness Rises!
Related thread: Darkness Rises Q&A
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3   
    Messages in Darkness Rises!
RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00

Takley
RDI Fixture
Karma: 25/34
607 Posts


.

"Sorry 'bout that, I'm just used to dealing with one person at a time. Algrek, my name is Thorn." Turning to the woman "What is your name if I am goin to join you...not that don't like working alone more but it seems you need my help." Turning his head back to Algrek "It seems we are working together, what are you capable of that my and Light Banes skills will compliment?"



Posted on 2012-08-25 at 23:34:34.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


skills

Algrek's lips curled into what almost be a smile. "As you might guess Thorn, my talents do not lay in the physical realm. I assure you however that all the weaknesses of my body are balanced and more by the power of my mind." At that point Dweezle popped his head out of a pocket. "And this is my companion, Dweezle. Not overly friendly, he has been know to bite." Algrek made a squeeking, chirpy noise to animal and it once more disappeared into his pocket.


Posted on 2012-08-26 at 00:17:09.

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Welcome

“You assume much Thorn,” the woman said as she licked the wine from her blood-red lips, “when I asked you to join us I meant at this table.”

“But,” she continued with a faint smile, “there is a job which might require your skills. As to what and where, that will come later. Let us drink and get acquainted.”

She looked at both Algrek and then Thorn before saying, “You may call me Aryn.”


Posted on 2012-08-26 at 03:01:13.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


.

"Drink, him? I seem to remember he has recently lost a battle with mead. Is it wise that he confront it again so soon?"


Posted on 2012-08-26 at 05:46:33.

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Agreed

“Good Point,” Aryn replied to Algrek.

“Perhaps you should stick with water,” she said to Thorn with a little smile.

“So tell us Thorn, what skills can you show me here and now?” she asked and then glanced around the room, “consider it a audition for a job.”


Posted on 2012-08-26 at 18:13:11.

Takley
RDI Fixture
Karma: 25/34
607 Posts


Testing, testing, is this thing on?

"Hmmmmmm...show you some of my skills, that is depending on the amount of room in here..." He looks around and unconsciously takes a pouch from a satchel behind him before pulling out Light Bane "Light Bane here has an interesting skill...it wounds people, a lot, they can only recover by healing spells when struck by him." Begins rolling a coin along his fingers "anything else may have to be proven in-field, haha." He notices the coin rolling on his hand"Oh, didn't see that before, did you?" Thorn puts Light Bane back in the sheath and puts the coin purse back in the guys satchel without him noticing but keeping the coin. "Ah, water, oh well, ain't so good here but it'll do if nothing else...unless...yes, that sounds like a good plan, a very good plan. I'll be back." Stands up, takes out a skin and asks the keep to fill it with mead. "For the road please?" He smiled and continued "It is only to quench the thirst that being on the road will bring about." Getting back to the table and sitting down again, "It is only for the road, a good drink is good company when your alone somethimes."


Posted on 2012-08-28 at 18:49:32.

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Moving slowly

Aryn smiled at the ‘show’ that thorn put on; it was a sad display yet he might prove useful in areas where she might need skills of stealth and traps.

“You might be of use to me.”

She looked at Algrek and raised an eyebrow questioningly as if asking his opinion.

While she waited for his reply, she glanced over at the table where the old man sat with one of the townsfolk and the young woman who had joined them. She thought the old man might be of use, and the woman seemed capable.

Perhaps, but how would she get their interest? The old man seemed more interested in the welfare of the townsfolk than in anything else. She sensed power there, yet it lay buried, maybe too deeply. She pondered this as she turned her attention back to those currently at her table. As she did a smiled crept to her lips, she might have a way.


Posted on 2012-09-01 at 00:47:48.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


.

Seeing the raised eye Algrek shrugged. "Interesting display. Such talents could be useful at times. I am intrigued at the workings of the sword he mentioned. Then again whenever traveling with his talents one runs certain risks. I leave the decision to you."


Posted on 2012-09-01 at 21:29:03.

Kamina
Resident
Karma: 18/0
415 Posts


Another entry

The Inn door creaked open as a strange figure entered the Inn. He stood in the doorway, eyes flitting between all the patrons. The man wore a large brimmed hat that hid his eyes from others. A tattered black trenchcoat draped over his shoulders and hung to the floor, revealing the grimy, steel breastplate and greaves protecting him underneath. The only weapons visible on the man as he walked towards the bar was a large crossbow on his back, and the quiver of bolts hanging underneath it.

He sat down without a word at the bar and slid some coins towards the barkeep. "I'll take whatever food you have on the menu." His voice came out sounding quite normal, but you could hear something else there, something dark.

Looking back over his shoulder, the man scanned the room and immediatley picked out the two most interesting groups of people, and Old Man and maybe his grandson with some fiery haired woman. Then the other group, even more odd... A Halfling, some tall, pallid figure, and most strange of all, the dark hooded woman. Something was off about her he could tell. Then again, this Inn seemed to be filled with strange people tonight.

Letting out a sigh the man looked up to see his meal, a bowl of hot soup, had been placed before him. He took a tentative sip of it at first, then started to dig in as he realized hunger had struck.


Posted on 2012-09-02 at 16:32:39.
Edited on 2012-09-02 at 16:33:25 by Kamina

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.