The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: TannTalas
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Free form RPGs --> Fantasy RPGs --> Adventures of the Lute
Parent thread: The Bleeding Lute - Come on in and Play!
Related thread: Adventures of the Lute Q&A
Jump to:    1 2 3 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in Adventures of the Lute
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00

Darren
RDI Fixture
Karma: 36/8
869 Posts


Assal Awakens

As the conversations tapered down to a background hum of pleasantries, Assal yawned, and began the inexorable climb towards a bed - in the correct room, this time.

He was asleep in no time at all.

When he awoke in the morning, he took a moment to lie back and let the rising sun do its work, casting light through the open window. He smiled as he was blinded, and got up to get his gear together.
He descended to the bar, clad in his armour and spear strapped to back, the pouches around his belt all in place, and a light rucksack on his back, over the top of the characteristically brown cloak. He ordered something to eat - not minding what. It didn't take long to eat the porridge, and he headed outside.

He spied one of his would-be companions lying on the floor near a tree, so he headed towards her; unhitching his spear, he lay back against the tree before Moonbeam (glad that he had purchased supple armour).
"Good morning to you. Moonbeam, was it?"


Posted on 2012-09-21 at 06:51:12.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Preparing

Aquascales awoke the next morning. He dressed quickly, wanting to be ready to go He was positive that the days ahead were going to be grueling. He was definately ready. He had evil to remove after all.

Within twenty minutes, Aquascales was downstairs and purchasing his breakfast. He bought a simple porridge, before downing it quickly. He opened the door to head outside of the Lute. He noticed Assal talking to Moonbeam and knew that they were getting ready to go. He strolled close enough to be easily noticed by them before relaxing. He had a little bit of time before the adventure began.


Posted on 2012-09-23 at 21:25:55.
Edited on 2012-09-24 at 15:36:23 by SirSadaar

Kamina
Resident
Karma: 18/0
415 Posts


Awakening

Tralen awoke with a booming headache. Looking around at the strange room, his memory started to fade back slowly. "Oh yeah, I'm going on an adventure" Rolling off the bed, Tralen pushed himself off the floor. Looking around the room, he picked up his various instruments.

Walking down the stairs Tralen yawned and ordered a bowl of porridge. Eating it as fast as possible, he threw some coins onto the counter and walked outside. Stretching as he entered the sunlight,Tralen looked around and noticed Assal sitting beside a halfling under a tree. He raised his hand in greeting as he walked towards the duo.


Posted on 2012-09-24 at 15:43:34.

Chieftain
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
15 Posts


On the road again.

Light crept through the window in the lute, the fire had died out and the day had begun. Oswald set in a chair in the tavern never having got a room for the night, he just drifted off to sleep sometime that night.

He began to meditate where he set thinking opun what the day would hold for him and what he would need for the day. After a few minutes of meditation he arose then bought a cup of tea sipped it down and went about his business. He stepped out then inn and squinted, the sun was brighter then he thought and he didnt get as much sleep he needed. He used his staff as a walking stick as always did. He didnt seem to have any wounds and he wasnt very old. Spotting the rest of his troop and his now sober half orc companion he decided he should get meet up with them. Everyone was there already Oswald being the last to get there.

"Greetings Gentlemen and lady Lightfinger, what is our course of action."


Posted on 2012-09-24 at 17:58:48.

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Gathering

"Good morning to you. Moonbeam, was it?"
She looked up from where she sat in the grass with several of her small pouches sitting on the ground in front of her. One of them was dumped out on the ground and she was going through the small items as if looking for something.

“Good Morning Assal,” Moonbeam smiled up at Assal as he sat down next to her.

“It does seem to be a good day to start an adventure, eh?” she said looking around and seeing several other approaching from the Inn.

She saw Aquascales and smiled brightly at him; a man she didn’t recognize was approaching (Tralen) but saw him wave at Assal so assumed he was part of the group.

“Good Morning all,” She spoke up as the newcomers approached.

Everyone could see that she appeared to be going through some of her things for one of her pouches spread out on the grass before her.

A couple of things were familiar to two of the people gathered here:

- A small symbol of Bahamut looked identical to one Aquascales carried on his person.

- A four-pointed star, about 3 inches in size between the points, of some white metal with rainbow reflections in it was identical to one Assal owned.

She looked up and saw Oswald coming and her smile slipped a little at seeing him.

"Greetings Gentlemen and lady Lightfinger, what is our course of action." Oswald said.
His friendly greeting brightened her smile somewhat.

“Good Morning Sir,” she greeted him, “please call me Moon. All of you!” Her gaze passed over all of them and then came back to settle on Oswald as if daring him to call her something else.



Posted on 2012-09-24 at 23:52:03.

Darren
RDI Fixture
Karma: 36/8
869 Posts


Four-pointed star

Everyone could see that she appeared to be going through some of her things for one of her pouches spread out on the grass before her, including a four-pointed star, about 3 inches in size between the points, of some white metal with rainbow reflections in it was identical to one Assal owned.
Assal's eyes widened on seeing the star, and his hand discreetly dropped to a pouch, which was empty. The look of shock quickly faded, replaced by a look of amusement - which had a certain falseness to it, the onlookers could tell.
"I would hope that you refrain from liberating my things in future, Moon - I am bad enough at losing things, without you losing them for me, such as that metal star," he muttered with a smile, before turning about and greeting Aquascales with a nod, Oswald with a handshake and Tralen with a strange twirly handshake.


Posted on 2012-09-25 at 05:52:17.
Edited on 2012-09-25 at 11:38:47 by Darren

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Star

"I would hope that you refrain from liberating my things in future, Moon - I am bad enough at losing things, without you losing them for me, such as that metal star," he muttered with a smile, before turning about and greeting Aquascales with a nod, Oswald with a handshake and Tralen with a strange twirly handshake.
When he turned to greet the others Moon frowned and looked down at the Star and wondered how that had gotten there? She must have picked it up someplace.

“Liberate?” she said questioningly, “Oh that must be a fancy word for find.” Smiling she picked up the metal star and examined it before handing it back to Assal.

“Well you are lucky,” she said her smile beaming as always, “good thing I found it otherwise it may have been lost forever.”

She seemed perfectly sincere in her words as she handed him back the star.



Posted on 2012-09-25 at 19:12:06.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Bahamut symbol...

Aquascales was suprised when Moonbeam had a statue of Bahamut out in front of her. He hadn't been aware she was a worshipper of Bahamut... or was she? I tool him a few seconds and Assal getting his star back for him to realise it might be his. He took his backpack off and began to rifle through it. He counted one, two, and sure enough his third one was missing. He blinked for a moment as he decided what to do. He walked over to her, before gently saying," You know, if you were intrested in anything about Bahamut, you could have assked me before taking one of symbols."


Posted on 2012-09-26 at 22:31:02.

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


This yours?

“You know, if you were interested in anything about Bahamut, you could have asked me before taking one of symbols."“ Aquascales said gently to Moon as he gestured to a small little item laying among her things as she started to gather her things.

She picked up the item and looked at it, another lost items she picked up somewhere.

“This is yours? Well you too are lucky that I found it,” she said with a smile and stood up and handed Aquascales the little symbol of Bahamut.

“You guys really do need me, I find good things all the time just laying around and if I don’t come along on this quest well you might lose something you really need?”

Having repacked her pouch and standing up she slung it around her waist with the other pouches.

“Well, what is the plan?” she asked smiling brightly in anticipation of a great adventure ahead.


Posted on 2012-09-26 at 23:07:34.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Taking leave then

Aquascales took the amulet of Bahamut back From Moonbeam. He didn't remember bringing out his. Symbols at all. In fact he didn't remember Assal taking out that star either. He would have to ask Assal about that. Or Aquascales knew he could froget during the mission. Moonbeam seemed to have honest intentions
"Well, what is the plan," Moonbeam asked the group.
"I'm not sure," Aquascales admitted," I think Assal and Tralen have planned the most."


Posted on 2012-09-28 at 22:40:42.

Darren
RDI Fixture
Karma: 36/8
869 Posts


Plan? Bah!

"Well, what is the plan," Moonbeam asked the group.
"I'm not sure," Aquascales admitted," I think Assal and Tralen have planned the most."

Assal nodded, "Well, the idea was to head northwest, towards the Ruins of Athera. The sword I seek is said to be in the hands of a bandit of that region. As to the outlaw that we have also been hired to deal with, he is also apparently in that area. I suppose that we shall head steadily in that direction."


Posted on 2012-09-29 at 18:52:26.

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


New Comer To The Inn

(I thought i would start my Character again. i just wondering this is ok. and i wondering if it is still ok for me been in here. as i was in the Bleeding Lute)
------------------------------------------------------------
A young Elven girl who looks to be in her early 20's arrives at the Inn early that morning. She opens the door to the inn and stands there. The hood to her cloak is up hiding her features and her cloak is wrapped tightly around her as to hide something. She walks calmly to the bar she asks quietly but loud enough that her voice is carried over the music. "may I have a Small glass of water please? then walks slowly to a empty table. As she is waiting for her Drink.. she looks around the inn and notices all different people in there. as she listen's to the music playing she closes her eyes to the music. there is something strange about the girl.. she is very quiet and does not talk very much.. liking to be on her own. so she can do some thinking.


Posted on 2012-10-01 at 21:29:48.

Darren
RDI Fixture
Karma: 36/8
869 Posts


Departure

The group set off from the Inn as soon as they were all ready, heading out on the road towards Fudrien.
They made a slow, yet determined pace. There was no rush, so it was quite a calm journey. For the most part, they walked in silence, occasionally broken by a song from Tralen. Well, it could only be called silence if "silence" referred to the constant stream of tall tales from Moon. Which never stopped. Ever.
They arrived at Fudrien in the evening.

The town was uncomplicated: a simple set of buildings surrounded with a wooden palisade, organised around a central square. Tralen, who had visited the town before, pointed out the Mad Hatter Inn, Brian's Arms forge, and the two guards holding the gates.

"Evenin'," one nodded to the group, "Coming back after a long adventure?"
The other shook his head, "If that were the case, Jim, they'd be bleeding their way into town. They're clearly on the road to an adventure, stopping here overnight. Welcome to Fudrien, lady and gents."
"What if they have a healer with them? They could have been on an adventure, and been healed afterwards."
"Where's their treasure?"
Jim raised an eyebrow, and his colleague continued.
"If they'd stormed a dungeon, they'd have a load of treasure, and would be wanting to sell it in town."

The conversation continued for a long while, but the adventurers just kept walking into the town, soon finding themselves in the central square. The sun was on its way towards the horizon, and the inhabitants were slowly heading home for dinner.


Posted on 2012-10-07 at 08:55:31.
Edited on 2012-10-11 at 07:24:30 by Darren

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


The evening

Aquascales stayed quite most of the walk. He just also never felt the need to say anything. He kept a look out for agents of Tiamat, but was pleased when none arrived. He kept pace with the group as they walked:however he stayed at the back, prefering to defend the groups rear.

When Aquascales arrived at he town he listened to the gaurds talk. He was also the last member of his group to leave into the city. He tried to listen politely before following his friends inside. He did have his patients. At least no one tall had called him short...yet.


Posted on 2012-10-07 at 14:40:54.

Chieftain
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
15 Posts


On the road again.

Oswald looked around the town he had never been before. The chatty guards up front were an amusing start to his experience in the city, he scanned all around looking for points of interest. "hey tralen, were there any powerful people or wars here recently?... I get a off feeling from this place."

Oswald loved history being a cleric of Alvareon he loved the past and future. He was kind of tired from the walk there being short and heavily armored for being of such low endurance. He faced the rest of the group "I guess we should just top up on supplies and get ready for tomorrow, Will you all be going to the inn and get supplies in the morning?"

(OOC oswald will head to the library and try to find out what he can about the history of the town.)


Posted on 2012-10-08 at 19:34:51.

   
Jump to:    1 2 3 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.