The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3984 registered users. Our newest member is tratxem015.
Online members: t_catt11, Eol Fefalas, Alacrity, josie, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Blackthorn)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by t_catt11)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Alacrity)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - New Destiny Characters (posted by Alacrity)New Destiny Characters
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Free form RPGs --> Fantasy RPGs --> Wanderlust
Parent thread: Wanderlust Information Thread
GM for this game: Darren
Players for this game: thezerowulf, Kamina, SirSadaar, Salvator Navaar
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Wanderlust
RDI T-shirts!

Geekier Kid
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

NPC
Price: $14.00

thezerowulf
Regular Visitor
Karma: 4/0
55 Posts


Number Ten

She turned and looked at at Desrik "Its nothing lets get our everyone together its about time we find this butterfingers.. I have alot of aggresion to get out."

As they walk back inside and regroup, Karia gets everyones attention "We are going after Butterfingers tonight, I know where he is and the traps he has set up for us, I expect there to be more then just one but at least we know that he is prepared. Its time to stop being victims and get our lifes back."


(Karia will go to seek out Butterfingers even if the rest of the group doesnt choose to follow her, She is to angry to be reasoned with at this point. But she wont be reckless about how she does it.)


Posted on 2012-10-14 at 19:58:40.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Getting our stuff back

Vyran nodded to Karia; they definately needed to get their stuff back.And if this "Butterfingers" did indeed take their stuff, they were more than right to go after it, " If I may inquire Lady Karia, what is your plan? To sneak in or walk right in?" Vyran asked. Vyran wasn't sure about how sneaky he was, but he liked that idea better than walking straight in.


Posted on 2012-10-15 at 04:10:51.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


Desrik's plan... kinda

Desrik smiled, an idea coming to mind.
"We could always just wait outside for him. After a quick walk about to make sure he doesn't have a back door.... The guy has to come out simetime. Then we just jump him."

He honestly didn't think HE could put up much of a fight alone, even if this 'Butterfingers' was a scrawny thief. But Karia could obviously do some damage, and four on one was generally a safe bet for victory.

"Either way," He continued, "We need our stuff, and I prefer to not play with deadly traps."

Desrik eyed Twig for the first time since the man had awoken. Vyran seemed a stand up guy, from the little Desrik saw, but he didn't know about this other guy....
'I suppose he WAS with up in the puddle....' He reasoned, though for some reason, he decided he had better watch the man.


Posted on 2012-10-16 at 00:26:22.

Darren
RDI Fixture
Karma: 36/8
869 Posts


Number Ten

The group finished their stew and headed outside.

Making a beeline straight for the forge, it didn't take long for them to see the cast iron Number Ten fixed onto the wall with thin bolts, on the front of a building that was built into the side of the ravine.

The house had two floors visible from the outside, windows both on the ground floor and second floor. The windows were boarded up from the inside at ground level, and it seemed that the only entrance was through the front door, whose dark metal latch clearly advertised that no-one was supposed to enter.


Posted on 2012-10-16 at 12:53:18.
Edited on 2012-10-20 at 13:54:00 by Darren

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Door

Vyran walked around house number ten. It definately looked like whoever was in it, wanted to prevent anyone else from entery. The door looked solid; however Vyran thought that it could be knocked down by a solid shoulder bash. " Are we sure we want to ambush him out here?" Vyran asked."I'm pretty sure I can knock down the door, and that's less public." Vyran walked up and place his right hand on the door. He took a couple strides backwards, getting enough distance for a shoulder charge; though he waited for what his comrades would say.


Posted on 2012-10-16 at 13:45:54.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


lol

Desrik smiled to himself, considering how nice it would be to get the man in his sleep. But a thought occured to him.

"Hold, Vyran. If I were to trap my residance, the door would surely be one of the deadliest contraptions. However, if you feel up to the task, you could always test your luck with scaling the place and entering from one of the upper windows."
He raised an eyebrow, continuing,
"But I still say we meet him out here. If he is a known thief, I highly doubt the penalty for re-aquiring our gear will be too serious."


Posted on 2012-10-17 at 23:12:37.

thezerowulf
Regular Visitor
Karma: 4/0
55 Posts


Tactical Aggression

As the others were talking Karia was seething. She firmed her resolve, "One of you flank the building now."

Karia focused herself and calmed focused her rage, she took a running start and with all her angry and despair crashed into the door with every bit of strength she could muster.

Her plan of action.. Shock and Awe.


Posted on 2012-10-20 at 01:25:38.

Darren
RDI Fixture
Karma: 36/8
869 Posts


THWACK

"Hey guys, hold up," Twig cut in, "The do-"

The door smashed open on its hinges, swinging to the wall and hitting it with an almighty crash.

The lower floor of the house was quite simple; a big open space in front of the door filled with only a few chairs and a table, with a straight staircase rising up into the gloom of the upstairs.

As the door opened, metal clicked against metal, and before Karia could even stabilise herself from the door-shoving, a huge chunk of wood on a chain came swinging toward her.
She was flung from her feet to land in an ungainly heap outside. With a second set of clicks, the door swung gently shut.


Posted on 2012-10-20 at 10:55:47.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


ouch

Desrik shook his head and knelt beside Karia, making sure she wasn't too badly wounded.
"Well, I suppose we don't have suprise now.... Vyran, would you and Twig watch the back? I will stay up here. I still say we wait for him, but if you want to try a window, I think it's best Twig goes with you." He said over his shoulder, while examining the large area of impact on Karia's body.


Posted on 2012-10-20 at 12:34:55.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


That didn't work

Vyran watched as Karia flew out from Butterfinger's house, and the doors closed open. Before Vyran could act, Desrik was already next to her. Vyran listened to Desrik's suggestion, though Vyran had formulated one in his head. " He moved closer to them and mumured quietly,ng to prevent from being heard, if we wiat for him, he may have the advanage, we need to draw him out. After all, he took our stuff as bait. What if we say that other people fell, and ambush him when he comes out?"


Posted on 2012-10-21 at 05:41:35.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


mmk

Desrik nodded, most of his focus on Karia. "Worth a shot, but we may have to wait a bit. Might seem a bit fishy that he hears that sort of bait moments after his door was kicked in. We need to go back to the tavern for now. Maybe leave someone to watch the house for a bit. Maybe take turns"

Looking down at the Woman, Desrik asked, "Are you ok to stand, or do you require support?" in an obviously concerned voice.


Posted on 2012-10-21 at 09:01:09.

thezerowulf
Regular Visitor
Karma: 4/0
55 Posts


Humbled.

Karia came up to a knee and wiped her lip from the blood. She knew she let her anger get the best of her and cost them the element of surprise. "I messed up huh.. I let my emotions get the best of me, it wont happen again."

Karia came back onto her feet and cracked her fingers then her neck. "What if we smoked him out, Hes got to breath right?" Karia reached down and grabbed up some dirt and rubbed it into her hands. Even though she had gotten pummeled by a oblivious trap she had a weight lifted off her shoulders and felt somewhat more at ease.


Posted on 2012-10-23 at 01:37:07.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Planning

"That would work..." Vyran replied to Karia, "but are we sure that is the best course of action? That would leave it with quite a but a smoke damage. If anything of our stuff is easily smoked damaged, we probably donn't want to do that." Vyran was just as eager as everyone else to enter, but he didn't want do damage their stuff.


Posted on 2012-10-24 at 22:19:57.

Kamina
Resident
Karma: 18/0
415 Posts


Upper Entrance

Staring as Karia flew backwards out the doorway, Twig looked back up to the second floor. Staring back at the group, he gave a slight smile to Vyran. "Hey guys, that window looks slightly open up there..." Walking underneath the window he stared up to the window. "Vyran, give me a boost, I'm going in."


Posted on 2012-10-24 at 22:22:05.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


interesting...

Desrik watched Twig, raising an eyebrow.
"This will be interesting...." He muttered, deciding he might as well head around to the back.

Walking at a casual pace, he circled the building, hoping the crook hadn't already cut and run. Still, even if he had, there was bound to be some good stuff inside.....

Grabbing a fist-sized stone on the way, he tore a sleeve from his shirt, knotted one end, and dropped the stone in, making a sad excuse for a flail......


Posted on 2012-10-25 at 00:01:51.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.