With the return of another season of the Clone Wars, I am considering starting up another Star Wars game. I have two ideas, both somewhat military-based:
Option 1: A Clone Wars military adventure to stop a separatist plot. Characters would be mostly pregen, roughly level 7 and limited to 1 Jedi, a group of clone troopers (2 - 4), and maybe a droid.
Option 2: A Rebel Alliance military adventure to harass Imperial forces. Characters would be have more flexible with regards to race, but there would be no Jedi, though maybe a force-sensitive character. Characters would again be mostly pregen and around level 7.
Before you chime in, consider the following:
1) While I love Star Wars, my knowledge of Star Wars cannon is limited to just the movies and the animated clone wars series. If you're super cannon about your Star Wars, this game is probably not for you.
2) I'm looking for dedicated players! I will probably be looking for two posts per week in set time slot. I will update the game Mondays between 12:00 - 11:59 PM (there abouts) and again on Friday (some time during the day/evening). This means you will need to put in your updates between Tuesday - Thursday, and again between Saturday and Monday noon. If you do not think you can keep this pace, do not sign up for this game. If you miss an update without letting me know, I NPC your character. 2 weeks of missed updates, the character becomes an NPC permenately. I will work towards getting you the players an up-to-date posting schedule for when I will and will not be updating the game (so you are not left wondering).
3) I am looking to begin in-game posting near the beginning of Novemeber (between Nov 1 - 15), depending on interest.
4) Both options will be using the SAGA Edition rules set. However, as the characters are mostly pre-gen and I do most (probably all) of the rolling, you don't really need to worry much about the rules system.
4) If you are still interested, for the moment, please just chime in with which option you are interested in. If it doesn't matter to you, please state that as well.
Posted on 2012-10-19 at 16:13:01.
Edited on 2012-10-19 at 19:31:34 by Ayrn
Im always down for a star wars game. Either setting. I do wonder though, assuming we do the clone war thing, what are the race/class options? I dont wanna play the jedi, but JUST a trooper is a bit vanilla for me. Obviously I would be down to make a trooper.... but not a clone if possible....
I will also add that is the troopers are only able to be clones, I will still want to play, im just hoping out loud here. lol
I can keep to the posting times, and though I am not fully aware of most of the rules, I know role playing, and If i have a question, I'll shoot you a PM.
The Clone Wars adventure would really be made up of all pregen clones (except the Jedi and the droid), though each trooper, while good at combat, would have a focus (i.e. heavy weapons, sniper, medic, leadership, etc).
In the rebel alliance adventure, the pregen characters would have similiar foci (heavy weapon, sniper, medic, leadership, etc), but I would probably leave players some options on race selection.
In both adventures, I will leave players to develop their characters' personalities and names. I know it's not a lot of "customization", but that's what I'm looking to do, so... yeah... if you're still interested, chime in!
... But I am interested, the concept sounds good. I've never played a SW game before but If you let me know what I need to play in the way of rules and such (Just a name'll do) and a little patience, I'll be up for it. I guess a Trooper would be best for a newbie... though that's just an assumption.
KingRat, I doubt you'll have too much trouble with it. It's fairly similar to a d20 game, and with the character pre-generated for you and me doing all of the rolling, you got nothing to do but role-play mostly.
One thing I will caution you though, is the number of games you commit yourself too. I noticed you're looking to start you're on Savage world game, you've hooked up with Philosopher's game and this one too... that's a lot of posting if all those games gett off the ground. (I find DMing my own game and playing in one is about all the time I have) Not saying no, just a word from one gamer to another (which you are free to ignore. ).
Anyway, I'm not 100% sure this game is going on yet. We'll see what the week holds out. (and I'm kinda interested in Philosopher's game too )
I understand the caution. However,I feel I can keep up with two posts a week in two rp's and running a game of similar styles. Plus, It'd be nice to get some diversity going within my own roleplaying 'career'.
I'll be fine to commit to this no troubles. Just hold my hand when technicalities get in the way!
Posted on 2012-10-22 at 15:50:29.
Edited on 2012-10-22 at 15:57:43 by KingRat
The game that brought me back stopped dead in its tracks. So other than my own campaign I've got nothing else going on. So I shall be a happy fourth trooper! If you'll have me good sir. (Or Ma'am. Not wholeheartedly sure. Your Avatar looks like Peter Pan! )
Posted on 2012-10-22 at 17:51:26.
Edited on 2012-10-22 at 17:52:37 by Philosopher
t_catt11 Fun is Mandatory RDI Staff Karma: 346/54 6080 Posts