The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4008 registered users. Our newest member is geraldinecbaileys.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by TannTalas)Destiny Flight - QnA
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by TannTalas)Destiny's Flight
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Midland Turmoil
    Messages in Midland Turmoil
RDI T-shirts!

With Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


Sorry for not posting for a while..

Kara awoke after a very restless sleep as the nightmares are get worse. as she and her white wolf Crysta goes towards the stairs of the tavern she is met by Darian "good morning Darian. did you sleep well?" they walk down together and sit at a table near the bar. and looks around the busy tavern" she was still troubled by the dream from the night before.

"Darian?" she says quietly just so he could here her as she thought about telling him about the dreams "I had another of them dream's again.. they seem to be getting worse.

she thinks about her mother wondering if she was still alive or not.


Posted on 2012-12-21 at 21:22:33.

Takley
RDI Fixture
Karma: 25/34
607 Posts


Healing time

"I'm TK, least thats what most call me, I just hope they're there right now."

TK leads Morgrid to the area known as the clump, to thehouse that is the most put together."

"Hey, Norda, ya here." Upon hearing to answer, he figured he would just walk in as he usually did when he knew she was home. Though instead of finding her, he found a note that read

"If you are reading this, I know you trust me, yet I am almost out of medicine and need to pick up more, there is a list of what there is left and what they help...I trust that there is someone who knows what they are doing. Also there is a price underneath them, if I guess who is reading this correctly, you have enough

Norda"

"Well, least theres a chance."

He looks through what is left...not that there is much right now, and he finds something that would help an ankle, bit steep of a price but he could handle it. Picking it up, he found out why, there was not much left. He brought it to Morgrid and told him to sit down somewhere and he would try to help him with this balm or whatever the heck it was, she always did speak in medicinal hwongo mwongo.


Posted on 2012-12-22 at 17:25:08.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


a walk

"Tk is good name. Easy for remember." the two walked a bit and finally came to a house where TK called out for the owner without success. Instead, he found a note. After a few momnets he looked thought the herbs, creams, salves and elixers. Brining one over he motioned for Morgrid to sit. "You know how to figure the scribbles on paper? You smart." As TK tended to his hurt ankle Morgird relaxed. Perhaps he relaxed just a bit too much or perhaps the beans last night had not been cooked well but the silence was interrupted by a "Bbbbrrrrpppp!" Wrinkling his nose Morgid waved the air in front of him in an attempt to clear the smell. "That one make dead granpa sit up." Then in a moment of pure brilliance for Morgrid he added "Maybe there an herb to make Morgrid not stink?"


Posted on 2012-12-22 at 23:42:19.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


Just for Arwyn. You guys doing alright so far. lol

Darian met Kara with a look that showed his ever-present concern. He was a worrisome fellow when it came to Kara.
"I didn't." He replied simply when she inquired about his sleep. Walking parallel with her, he said nothing until they reached the tavern floor.

When she told him about the dreams, which had haunted her for the past several years, his concern doubled. Their race was attentive to signs like this, and he hardly dismissed it as irrelevent.
"What do you think it could mean?" He asked, though his voice hinted that he might have his own theory.
Readjusting his hat, he glanced around the tavern nervously....


Posted on 2013-01-02 at 17:24:04.

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


thnks about the question!

"I'm not sure exactly what it means" she says as they walk over to a table. "But I need to find out, do you know what these dreams mean"
Arwen notices Darian glancing around the tavern nervously and begins to get nervous herself. she looks around the tavern and notices different people sitting around either talking together in a group or on their own
they both sit down on a table a little further away from the others but makes sure her hood is up covering her appearance as she knows the penalty if anyone found out about her.. she had to keep her identity a secret for all these years.


Posted on 2013-01-02 at 22:39:36.

Takley
RDI Fixture
Karma: 25/34
607 Posts


yay, sir farts-a-lot!!!!

TK couldn't help but laugh at the fart, yet he went to look for a de-smellerizer...no no avail.

"Nope nothing to get rid of smell, ya will have to suck it up. Hows your ankle, feeling a bit better?" He asked after a while.

"Forgot to ask. where ya from? What brought ya here?"



Posted on 2013-01-03 at 03:04:38.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


.

Morgrid tested his ankle, "Ankle feels better now. Thanks for help Morgrid." After a bit he added, "Morgrid coem from village. Not like Morgrid cause Morgrid hunt thing they not hunt. Say Morgrid not fit in, say Morgrid be better go live on own." Morgrid smiled, "Now morgrid can hunt on his own. Catch many. Not easy catch, quick and move in crazy ways." Morgrid had a look of concentration and then Bbrrraaaapppp! "Oh, Morgrid hope that one was all air."


Posted on 2013-01-03 at 14:17:24.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


Arwyn Reply. (You other two are doin good. and the two sleeping... well, you gota bit to wait)

Darian leaned in close to Arwyn. "Dreams always mean something.... What if this place isn't safe anymore? I mean, maybe I am jumping to conclusions.... But even Brine can't protect you if the Silver Paladins come through...." He muttered in a low voice. "We need to leave. Seek help. Find some way to keep you safe."


Posted on 2013-01-05 at 05:45:02.

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


like where?

"but this is my/was home. i was brought up in this village?" she says quietly whispering so no-one could hear her,as she looks around she notices she is getting looks "hey" she whispers "who is that looking over in this direction, i think you are right, we need to leave as soon as possible"

she gets up from the table and as she stands up "I will go and get my belongings" she goes to her room to pack all of her belongings (not that she has much)


Posted on 2013-01-05 at 20:54:37.
Edited on 2013-01-07 at 20:40:05 by Arwen

Takley
RDI Fixture
Karma: 25/34
607 Posts


i agree

"I also hope that was all air, yet I wonder, which village did ya come from?"

TK turned a pale green being coughing "Nope, *cough*that was not air..."
After that, he could not help but try bloew the smell to a window making himself look like a fool.


Posted on 2013-01-13 at 02:06:40.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


ok, time for a hand of god....

Kara:

Apon entering your room, you immediately notice an envelope resting on your pillow, the seal unbroken, and sporting an eel. the wax itself holds a silver pigment. on the envelope, 'Kara' was written in curvy, elegant letters. Nothing else seemed to be disturbed, and even the lock itself seemed untouched.

__________________________________________________________
TK and Morgrid:

The sound of glass shattering causes you to jump, and your eyes are drawn to a fist-sized stone crashing through the near-by window. Whomever threw it seemed to have kept walking, as there was no trace of anyone outside the window.
Apon inspecting the stone, it is obvious that a parchment is wrapped around it, and tied down with a bit of twine.

_________________________________________________________
Pardoner Amastus:
As you begin to drift off to sleep, a feeling of tension rises in your gut. the feeling that you are not alone.
Opening your eyes, you see a small envelope right next to you, on the other pillow. It is propped up carefully, facing you. You find yourself staring at your name, beneath a silver seal.

_________________________________________________________
Wraclaw Surn:
As you begin to drift off to sleep, a feeling of tension rises in your gut. the feeling that you are not alone.
Opening your eyes, you see a small envelope right next to you, on the other pillow. It is propped up carefully, facing you. You find yourself staring at your name, beneath a silver seal.

_________________________________________________________
(DM NOTE)
Yes, i went a bit cheap on this, but i was running out of ideas fast. this is a simple, yet elegant way to fix all of my problems, and lead you five to your problems.


Posted on 2013-01-18 at 03:18:58.

I-Binary
Resident
Karma: 10/0
251 Posts


What the...

There wasn't very much to do in the little motel for the Pardoner beyond planning his activities in the morrow, grabbing a bite to eat, and performing his ritual prayers before supper and slumber. In the midst of a once-peaceful night, however, an ugly feeling began to churn in his gut. Something wasn't right... was he being watched? Amastus turned over restlessly and put his hands before his face, garnering the willpower to flee if necessary. Then, slowly and apprehensively, he opened his eyes.

Before him on the other pillow sat a small, sealed envelope. His name and title was scrawled beneath the seal, itself a glimmering silver.

"By the gods... who left this with me?" Part of him was curious in regard to its contents. The larger part, however, instilled anxiety and caused him to fret in worry. He could very well be in danger.

After a moment of troubled thought, he decided to read it in the morning in a place where he could receive some information. Nothing could be done for now.

Hours later, and after a terrible night of discomfort, Pardoner Amastus headed out of the motel and into the town for breakfast and answers. Perhaps there was a tavern somewhere...


Posted on 2013-01-18 at 04:13:21.
Edited on 2013-01-18 at 04:15:09 by I-Binary

Brundel
Resident
Karma: 18/0
207 Posts


A Mysterious Message...

Wraclaw never slept comfortable when walled in on all sides, neither could he see the stars that had always calmed him since childhood. Tonight though it seemed as though sleep would never come, even when he did catch an hour of restless sleep he was wrenched from his slumber by an instinctive wake up call, lying deep in his stomach.

Wraclaw rolled, trying to get comfortable when he discovered the letter on the pillow adjacent to him. Bleary eyed he sat up the rough parchment gripped loosely between forefinger and thumb. It was rare that he ever got a letter and when he did he always liked to savour the moment, trying to figure out what message may lay inside. After a few minutes however, Wraclaw couldn't resist any longer and tore at the envelope, excited to see where his life went next.


Posted on 2013-01-18 at 19:54:41.

Takley
RDI Fixture
Karma: 25/34
607 Posts


Thats not very nice, its not my house

TK moved to the rock and stared for a bit before picking it up.

"Hey Morgrid, ya know anyone who does this?"
He thought to himself, who put this note here? Looking outside, he tried to find any trace of whoever threw it...to no avail. "Oh boy, hopefully the window can be fixed before she gets back, I would not want to see the look on her face when she gets here."

Turning from being worried about the window, he undid the knot, taking the note off the rock, he read aloud



Posted on 2013-02-08 at 16:19:04.
Edited on 2013-02-08 at 18:06:32 by Takley

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


Rock

Morgrid heard the crash then saw the rock. "That not supposed to be inside" he thought to himself. He was just about to pick it up and throw it back outside, likely not through the same window, when TK picked it up and began to unwrap paper from it. "Rock has paper on it? That strange, why try to keep rock protected?"


Posted on 2013-02-09 at 04:08:07.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.