The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4010 registered users. Our newest member is hanalady.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Nomad D2)Trilogy War Q/A
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Ayrn)5e One Shot Adventure
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Nimu)The Trilogy War
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by t_catt11)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by TannTalas)Destiny Flight - QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Midland Turmoil
    Messages in Midland Turmoil
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


Im still alive

(Post will be up soonish. Waiting on Arwyn.....and another... O.o)


Posted on 2013-02-15 at 02:45:11.

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


Sorry for not posting for a while..

(OOC) I am so sorry for not posting, as i have alot of stuff going on, I am moving to my new place next Saturday, 9th March. So my internet will be disconnect the night before, all been well, as soon as i am settled into my new place i will have everything back up and running, Also. my little boy is not a very well. so been looking after him

I know i have posted on here. I will post in a different forum that is on here that is the correct one,

thanks Arwen


Posted on 2013-03-02 at 23:25:10.

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


Looks around

Kara walks over to her bed and picks up the envelope that was resting on her pillow "where did this come from?, or who sent it?" she whispers to herself, wondering if she should open it or not, not sure if to open it. she puts it onto her dresser leaning against a mirror so that her name that is written in that curvy elegant letters". "I wonder who else got these"

she sees that nothing else seemed to be disturbed and the lock on her door itself seemed to be untouched,
she picks up the envelope from where she put it. she put it somewhere safe. after she gathers all her belongings (which is not much) she walks back down the stairs to where her friend is waiting,







Posted on 2013-03-02 at 23:55:09.

I-Binary
Resident
Karma: 10/0
251 Posts


The Black Boar-

The fresh air of the morning was only just enough to rouse the Pardoner out of his groggy sleep-deprived state. As he walked, he looked about the stone streets of Far Reach for a proper place to eat- despite not even being terribly hungry. At some point, after wandering the city for half an hour, he was finally able to locate the proper place.

"The Black Boar... this tavern shall provide me with the peace I need to contemplate-" He paused as his hand brushed against the letter in his robe. "-and to read this letter."

Soon enough, he was seated with prayer at a small wooden table with a meagre breakfast of bread and light wine before him. When the bread was gone and the glass half empty, he took the letter from his cloak and tore it open with a shaking hand. Inside it read:

---
Mr. Amastus,
Most humble greetings from my master, and from me. We thought it important that you know we have been observing you since you entered the city, and are pleased with your want to help those in need in their struggle against the bastard king.
As supporters of the Forsworn ourselves, we thought we might point you in the direction where you might best serve.
But two rooms over from you, a young woman is preparing to flee Far Reach. And by our hand, she will reach the Forsworn. We want you to accompany her, protect her, and serve her until such time as you reach them.
The Silver Eel will be watching...
---

A jolt of shock and surprise raced through his body. His eyes passed over the letter again, and once more.

"Wha- go to Forsworn? ME?" He stammered. "I- I'm not an- I'm no adventurer! Why... I'll be killed the minute I step out there!" A long pause initiated as the horrified cleric stopped to catch his breath. "I came here to be a healer!"

With those words, he froze completely. A sudden realization overtook him solidly- someone was waiting for him and needed his help. He remembered the vital oath of the Silver Qlergy:

A Person in Need, Regardless Their Stature, is Your Top Priority as a God-Given Right.

Now, he had a top priority assigned directly to his presence. By the power of his religion and his honour as a cleric, there was no way he could back down. With this revelation seared across his mind, he paid for his meal and dashed outside the tavern, flying back to the motel as fast as his legs could carry him. Perhaps he could intercept the young miss if it wasn't too late-!


Posted on 2013-03-05 at 15:29:42.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


something something

(Alright children, we are almost to the point where daddy makes a post. However, for the sake of.... well, me, It will wait until TK, morgrin, and da giant one to post their actions. yes, fear not, I am still here. watching... always watching.....)


Posted on 2013-03-06 at 09:11:25.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


Morgrid

OOC:Morgrid cannot read so he is kind of waiting on TK to read the note.


Posted on 2013-03-06 at 17:21:02.

Takley
RDI Fixture
Karma: 25/34
607 Posts


the note

TK looked at the note and sniffed at the the air knowing it was full true, then proceeded to read it aloud

"Greetings, TK. I hope you received your provisions earlier. The Eel worked very hard on getting that for you.
As you know, friend, no favor is ever free. Meet me at the Black Boar Tavern. We have things to discuss....
Regards
A friend"

T"he Black Boar Tavern, well, thats an odd place to go, oh well. If ya feeling alright Morgrid, lets say we find out how well it was patched up?"

TK waited until Morgrid to move until he opened the door and go on.


Posted on 2013-03-10 at 04:39:54.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


a meeting

Morgrid had no idea what provisions were but at the mention of a tavern his stomach growled in anticipation. "Morgrid hungry. Tavern has food. We go meet friend there and maybe Morgrid stop belly lion from roaring so much." He followed TK to the tavern with images of stew floating around the vast empty spaces in his head.


Posted on 2013-03-11 at 14:14:46.

freyathefairy
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
13 Posts


Arietla's Intro

Arietla sauntered into the Black Boar Tavern. It didn't look the cleanest place but it had a nice atmousphere. When she got to the counter she slid a few coppers a cross the counter to the barkeep. Picking the tumbler up she smiled and turned to her corner of the room. Hopping into her chair she sat down and took along sip. And know to wait for someone to come.


Posted on 2013-03-28 at 21:12:23.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


M'kaaay

((Kara))

Darian stands as Kara returns. He looks a bit pale, yet more confident. "Are you ready to go?". He fidgets, then says, "We must make a stop at the Black Boar. I don't really know why... Wasn't told. But I don't think it's a trap."

______________________________________________________

((Everyone Else))

The Black Boar is a 2-level, log-style establishment. Though fairly new, it is dingy, dimly-lit, and generally full of unruly patrons, and the constant fog of pipe tobacco's and herbs. It is, however, the cheapest place in town.
On this particular day, the Tavern is mostly empty, most of the usual patrons out earning the coin to spend here tonight.
The Inn Keeper, standing behind the bar, is a large, flabby man with thin, short grey hair, and a scraggly beard.
His daughter, much sharing her Father's body frame, with curly brown hair and eyes of the same color. She brings food and drinks to the various patrons.


Posted on 2013-03-29 at 20:12:21.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


the back boar

Morgrid entered teh black boar and was assulted by the smoke and smells. "Not even Morgrid stick this bad" he said. Looking around he was happy to see the inn fairly empty as that meant less people staring at him. He took a seat and asked the barmaid for some stew and some grog. Then he waited. "Morgrid wonder who will be his new friend" he said to TK.


Posted on 2013-03-30 at 03:00:41.

freyathefairy
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
13 Posts


Calling Morgrid/TK

Arietla drains the small cup and by the time she has she spots a Half-Orc. It's unlikely that there are any other Half-Orcs around other than Morgrid. Smiling she walks over to them,
"Mind if I join you?" she asks in a light voice.


Posted on 2013-03-30 at 03:46:32.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


welcome

"Morgrid not mind if lady sit here. Not ask Morgrid if he hurt lady or start trouble. Morgrid good. Not bother anyone."


Posted on 2013-03-30 at 22:45:17.

Takley
RDI Fixture
Karma: 25/34
607 Posts


hey

*motioning to a chair at the table* I don't mind, long as ya care to introduce yourself. I'm TK, and this is Morgrid as he introduced himself so clearly.


Posted on 2013-03-31 at 00:28:32.

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


Hands over the envelope

Has Darian walks into her room, she looks up "yes i am ready to go" she says, but stops in her tracks has she remembers about this envelope that she got. "Darian? I have this Envelope, that maybe someone may have left for me, i have not opened it yet", she hands it to him "you may read it if you like" then she remembers what he said as he walked through the door.

"make a stop at the Black Boar?" she says in a nervous voice, "how can you tell if it is not going to be a trap?"
She looks around the room that was her's for the last time, "Ok let's go" and with that they both walk out and she closes and locks the door,




Posted on 2013-04-30 at 21:54:40.
Edited on 2013-04-30 at 22:11:07 by Arwen

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.