The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4000 registered users. Our newest member is bradwalsh.
Online members: t_catt11
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Spamvertize - Olan Makes Vanilla Extract (posted by t_catt11)Olan Does Vanilla?
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Treasure Seekers
Related thread: Adventures in Aihrde
Related thread: Treasure Seekers QnA
Related thread: TREASURE SEEKERS CHARACTERS
GM for this game: Hammer
Players for this game: Raven, Ziklag, Odyson, Tuned_Out, Brundel, Archangel
    Messages in Treasure Seekers
RDI T-shirts!

Geekier Kid
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00

Ziklag
Resident
Karma: 7/0
224 Posts


At least it's not a white rabbit

Areldor could not believe the conversation that was happing. After Mylos slipped in grabbing more of the lose coin sending more it the air and into the calm pool, which awoke the beast that guarded it! The young Dragon Turtle raced out of it’s under water lair and started up after Seekers. The creature got stopped by its girth and could not make it past the second landing. Areldor was thankful but the Elyra was talking from behind wanting to fight the beast! Crow who was guarding from the top with his bow ready comment back with the female bard as did Tomas.

With the beast large mouth snapping and could have some type of breath weapon at any moment Areldor looked at the bard and with a stern look and spoke forcefully saying

“Women! This is not the time or place get moving!”

Being that they were at the end of the line, Areldor was very motivated to get to the surface and did not want to end up like the previous owner of his new wand.


Posted on 2013-08-20 at 12:05:34.
Edited on 2013-08-21 at 17:31:28 by Ziklag

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6171 Posts


Are They Becoming More Like Family?

"Come along Naxisëmës, do not dawdle or we have no one to write the song."

The shaman smiled as he named her "Little Sister" in his native tongue.


Posted on 2013-08-20 at 18:17:42.

Angelic
Regular Visitor
Karma: 4/5
84 Posts


.

"Don't wory Areldor, I can run and talk at once. Kind of tricky at times but I have even managed to run and chew that new stuff they call gum at the same time also." Elyra kept one eye on the dragon as she followed the other seekers out of the cavern.


Posted on 2013-08-22 at 05:54:08.

Brundel
Resident
Karma: 18/0
207 Posts


Back to the Boats!

The party set off, bright torches opening up the gloominess of the cavern. Mylos followed the heavily laden chest up the stairs eagerly grasping and grabbing any coins that spilled over the edge. Mylos liked to fill time by creating small games that he could play, else his short attention span often led him to boredom and mischievousness. However, this greediness and escape from boredom was soon to be his downfall, quite literally.

So engrossed was Mylos in stuffing his hands, pockets and anywhere else on his person he could find space he stumbled upon one of the jagged stone stairs causing him to put his hands out to his side. He tried to balance himself rotating his arms wildly, but it was no use and Mylos fell backwards. His body smacked down again and again onto the hard stairs until he had flown down nearly three flights of stairs. To begin with it was not the pain that hurt but the loss of nearly all his coins. As he had tumbled down he had let go of the coins he had in his hands and the ones in his pockets had spilt too.

Mylos rose and his body ached but it appeared any wounds he had picked up were superficial, mere cuts and grazes. Mylos had picked up enough of them during his youth that he could easily ignore the pain, he would tend to them once they reached the boat or maybe even dry ground.

Mylos noticed that a lot of his personal booty had bounced and fallen into the pool, ripples were still spreading to the surface from where each coin had landed. Mylos was cautious but began to approach the pool of grey water, his curiosity peeked. Mylos stood there for a few seconds staring into the murky depths. Bubbles began rising to the surface as if a creature was rising from the depths to break through at the surface. Mylos decided it was time to leave the bottom of the cavern fear overtaking his curiosity.

Mylos took the stairs two at a time keen to rejoin his comrades As he reached the second landing what looked like a Dragon emerged from the murky pool, its slumber obviously disturbed by the smattering of coins that had fell earlier. Mylos scrambled up the final stairwell on his hands and knees desperate to get out of the fearsome creatures reach.

Like most of the party Mylos was keen to leave the cavern and the Dragon, they had plenty of treasure to haul back to the city and Mylos couldn't wait for his reward.


Posted on 2013-08-29 at 11:09:41.

Tuned_Out
Khash Munee
Karma: 47/0
707 Posts


Backposting away...

“Well Jaufre, If there is anyone else down here we will not find them today.”
His companion's words stung as they echoed the sinking feeling growing inside the Paladin; there was simply no place for anyone to have gone, save into the depths of the still pool of water. But the position of the pool itself seemed somewhat strange, completely surrounded by mud where the stone of the chamber seemed to simply break away. Furthermore there was no indication of footprints in the mud, that he could make out, to express anyone moving through the cavern recently, further lowering his spirits.

“Let’s go back to the group and see what we are to do next. My bet is that we are coming back to get what gold we cannot carry anyway. Maybe some new clue will appear upon returning.”
Alredor's request brought Jaufre out of his musing; their quick search had run its course, and more time spent upon it was daylight wasted in returning to the ship. Still, he took another gaze at the pool as the two returned to their companions, and found Alredor doing the same. It was reassuring that the illusionist was equally bothered by their lack of findings, and Jaufre was beginning to feel that the serenity that the waters had offered when first they arrived was beginning to echo the unwelcome silence of the destroyed town above. It was about time to be leaving.

There seemed to be some argument among the rest of the seekers when Jaufre and Alredor returned. The question of curses or danger for removing the loot, of the expectations of returning with treasure, and of general ambitions darted across the room. Meaningless quips. Jaufre refrained from shaking his head with bemusement when he noticed Crow grinning over the ordeal from his perch, still cautiously staying above the situation, a grin he last saw what seemed like an age ago.

Of note was the fact that amidst the minor turmoil Tohmas was steadfastly attempting to prepare a chest for transport, a task that would require additional aide. It was a small gesture that didn't come close to equalling the healing Tohmas had granted the group before, but Jaufre saw fit to offer his assistance in hauling said chest back to the ship. As the pair be to lift the chest it became clear the task would require both hands and a fair deal of focus; the chest had no clasp so it was vital to keep it level. Slowly but steadily the two began their ascent, with Jaufre, the stronger of the two in back in case Tohmas faltered on the rise.

However it was not their strength that faltered, but their footing. For but a moment they slipped upon loose gold as they traversed the narrow stairs and the chest tilted, resulting in the loss and echoing bounces several coins. Worse still their gnomish companion lost his balance trying to grab the coins, sending more into the cascade, the sound of which filled the chamber. Perhaps worst of all however was the distinct sound of water splashing. With a strained voice the Druid called out:

“We must not stop, that may have awakened whatever had collected this gold and may come to reclaim it. Attack nothing if does not attack you first. We cannot risk starting a fight in this narrow passage”.
With a nod Jaufre heaved the chest up allowing the two to continue their task, now with redoubled effort to ensure their footing was secure. More shouts and confusion ensued as something broke the water's surface behind them, mentions of a dragon disturbed, but Jaufre tried his best to stay concentrated; they were close to the exit, they just had to move a bit further.

The Druid too was not amused with the comments from those behind them. "The bard didn't want to do the job she was hired to do and now she wants to start a useless fight." He grumbled loud enough for only Jaufre to hear "Perhaps it was too many years spent in the academic world and not enough in the real world.......We had better hurry before trouble starts.....Perhaps we will all learn together."
The Paladin attempted to stifle a grunt as he looked up from the chest at the Druid, seeing the concern in the man's eyes; Jaufre had not looked behind him at the situation, lest he accidentally set the chest off balance again in such a motion. He prayed no one was foolish enough to enrage the beast further.

"Aye." Jaufre nodded with a subtle smile breaking his stern demeanour, an attempt at reassuring the man. "We best get out of their way then. Ready?"


Posted on 2013-08-30 at 16:48:58.
Edited on 2013-08-30 at 16:53:21 by Tuned_Out

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


On the Surface

Treasure Seekers
Cast & Characters
Amur 'Nimblefingers' of the Red Buttons
[played by Archangel] a level 1 (Half Elf of Elf Lineage) Rogue worships Hermes Tohmas Goodwood [played by Odyson] a level 1 (Human) Druid worships Atira Willem Bariendul [played by Jozan1] a level 1 (Human) Fighter worships Baldur Maithias Crowmarhte aka Crow [played by Tann'Talas] a level 1 (Elf) Ranger worships Betula Vincent Wysman [played by Kamina] a level 1 (Human) Knight worships Mars Bartimeous Dathier [played by Salvator Navaar] a level 1 (Human) Cleric worships Toft Mylos Goldspinner [played by Brundel] a level 1 (Gnome) Bard worships Amber O' The High Woods Jaufre Vanvoie [played by Tuned_Out] a level 1 (Human) Paladin worships Cedrus Elyra Nightshade [played by Angelic] a level 1 (Elf) Bard worships Brigit Areldor Glanolwath [played by Ziklag] a level 1 (Half Elf of Human Lineage) Illusionist worships Minerva
Previously in Treasure Seekers Fortunately for the Seekers, there were no traps sprung as they discovered gold in a seemingly uninhabited underground cavern. Bartimeous had loaded a large sack with a variety of Human, Dwarf and Orc Gold; while Tohmas and Jaufre chose to carry the treasure chest laden with Human Gold.

However, before ascending the stairs back to the surface, the Seekers discovered why a partial hand clutching a parchment was on the second landing, when several loose coins made a splash in the pool of water below, arousing a Beaked Dragon that was too wide to climb the stairs to the first landing, where Crow was ever vigilant with a notched arrow!

Amur wasted no time in being the first Seeker to make it back to the surface, while the others soon followed, having decided that they were no match for the monstrosity that could have turned the stairs to mud; thus causing those on the landing above to fall unceremoniously to an instant death, or be devoured by the Beaked Dragon in its lair!

Although Areldor was itching to use his newly acquired 'Fire Wand' against the Beaked Dragon, he decided that his 'Bracers of Armor' might not be protection enough, should the untested wand fail to defeat the dragon!

Reunion with Stout Hearts
World of Aihrde
Island of Tagea
Onward to the Beach
Late Afternoon on Saturday
Marrero 13, 101awd (After Winter Dark)

Amur quickly scouted around the immediate area, determining that no hidden traps or unseen foes were lurking in the immediate vicinity.

He gladly deferred the leading of the Seekers to the outdoors expertise of Crow, figuring the talents of the Ranger were best suited to guiding the Seekers back to the awaiting ship with their newly acquired treasure.

Choosing a more circuitous path, instead of simply retracing their steps, the Ranger cautiously led the band of Seekers, carefully examining the ruinous terrain with each determined step, since Tohmas was unavailable to help serve as a scout, still carrying the treasure chest with his partner in acquisition Jaufre.

After about twenty minutes had elapsed, a familiar shout greeted the Seekers ears!

It was Dagger, accompanied by two of the Stout Hearts who were last seen holding a position of defense at the beach.

Dagger urged the Seekers to get back to the ship as quickly as possible, for another ship of unknown origin had been sighted on the horizon, bearing a straight course for the island of Tagea!

The two Stout Hearts gladly relieved the Shaman and the Paladin of their heavy burden, while also urging the Seekers to make haste for the waiting ship!

Note from the Castle Keeper:

It is unknown at this point if the ship on the horizon bears friends or foes!

Time for More Role Play and QnA Discussion!

Hit Points
Amur 'Nimblefingers' of the Red Buttons [Half Elf of Elf Lineage/Rogue] 9/9
Tohmas Goodwood [Human/Druid] 9/9
Willem Bariendul [Human/Fighter] 12/12
Maithias Crowmarhte aka Crow [Elf/Ranger] 12/12
Vincent Wysman [Human/Knight] 13/13
Bartimeous Dathier [Human/Cleric] 11/11
Mylos Goldspinner [Gnome/Bard] 10/10
Jaufre Vanvoie [Human/Paladin] 12/12
Elyra Nightshade [Elf/Bard] 11/11
Areldor Glanolwath [Half Elf of Human Lineage/Illusionist] 7/7

Armor Hit Points
Amur 'Nimblefingers' of the Red Buttons [Half Elf of Elf Lineage/Rogue] 20/20
Tohmas Goodwood [Human/Druid] 20/20
Willem Bariendul [Human/Fighter] 29/30
Maithias Crowmarhte aka Crow [Elf/Ranger] 30/30
Vincent Wysman [Human/Knight] 18/20
Bartimeous Dathier [Human/Cleric] 30/30
Mylos Goldspinner [Gnome/Bard] 27/30
Jaufre Vanvoie [Human/Paladin] 14/20
Elyra Nightshade [Elf/Bard] 30/30
Areldor Glanolwath [Half Elf of Human Lineage/Illusionist] None/None

Missile Arsenal
Amur 'Nimblefingers' of the Red Buttons [Half Elf of Elf Lineage/Rogue] 14/20 Sling Stones
Tohmas Goodwood [Human/Druid] 20/20 Arrows
Maithias Crowmarhte aka Crow [Elf/Ranger] 20/20 Arrows
Mylos Goldspinner [Gnome/Bard] 24/24 Bolts
Elyra Nightshade [Elf/Bard] 40/40 Arrows


Posted on 2013-09-14 at 14:42:02.

Angelic
Regular Visitor
Karma: 4/5
84 Posts


.

Elyra needed no urging to return to the ship. Making her way quickly to the ship she hoped that their ship was faster than the one approaching over the horizon. There had been enough excitement for one day already.


Posted on 2013-09-18 at 04:26:01.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6171 Posts


For The Return...........

Tohmas and Jaufre lugged the crest to the surface. After a brief rest the group headed back toward where they’d left Dagger and some of his crew. Crow lead them on what he believed to be the safest path. Although a bit longer it proved safe. The group was glad to see Dagger and his Stout Hearts.

Dagger urged the Seekers to get back to the ship as quickly as possible, for another ship of unknown origin had been sighted on the horizon, bearing a straight course for the island of Tagea! The two Stout Hearts gladly relieved them of their heavy burden, while also urging the Seekers to make haste for the waiting ship!
Tohmas now feeling lighter releaved of his burden sprints to help Crow guide the party back to the ship. Even though there trouble may sailing their way he was glad to leave this place for a while. He had hoped they would work closer together, but that would still take more time. With the Stout Hearts bringing up the rear the group made their way back the ship.



Posted on 2013-09-19 at 00:59:32.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


The Plot Thickens

New Nemesis
World of Aihrde
Island of Tagea
On Board The Toothless Dragon
Late Afternoon on Saturday
Marrero 13, 101awd (After Winter Dark)

The Seekers kept an anxious eye toward the horizon as they updated Dagger (who in turn would inform Captain Crayfish once they were safely on board ship) regarding their encounter with the Skeleton Pirates and their discovery of the cutlasses with the Dragon Maw insignias and how the Skeleton Pirates halted when they saw the eye patches they had received from Mad Dog Muldoon.

As they approached the ship, each Seeker hurriedly recounted their version of the layout of the cavern and the treasure chests that were left behind, in the wake of their hasty retreat and narrow escape from the Beaked Dragon that emerged from the pool of water that had been disturbed by the falling coins.

In turn, Dagger related how the other five turned Skeleton Pirates had been eliminated by three of the Stout Hearts who were sent to scout ahead after the sounds of battle had reached their ears, fearing that some or all of the novice Seekers had met untimely deaths!

They had dispatched the remaining Skeleton Pirates and upon discovering the Dragon Maw insignia on each of the 5 cutlasses, the three cautiously approached the scene of victorious battle where the Seekers had prevailed, quickly retrieving the pile of weapons from their former comrades, which would be presented to Mad Dog Muldoon as evidence of the demise of some of his former comrades-in-arms.

Dagger explained how important it was to return to the Toothless Dragon Tavern as soon as possible to inform Mad Dog Muldoon of the grisly fate of this long missing group of Stout Hearts!

Upon boarding The Toothless Dragon ship, the Stout Hearts swiftly assembled themselves to their customary rowing positions, as Captain Crayfish began barking orders to row along the coastline, towards the harbor of wrecked ships they had discovered earlier that morning!

A hard wind had been steadily blowing from the horizon towards the Island of Tagea, causing the approaching ship to close the gap much swifter than previously anticipated, on a bearing that would intercept The Toothless Dragon before the ship could reach the harbor of wrecked ships!

Dagger spat and cursed as the approaching ship was soon identified as belonging to the employ of Long Tom Stomp, (a bitter rival of Mad Dog Muldoon) who was known far and wide as 'The Stomper'!

The Stomper had gained this dastardly reputation from his dark delights of sending forth the minions in his employ for the mere pleasure of pirating and waylaying merchant or treasure ships ... crushing any and all opposition that would seem to pose a threat to his own private enterprises of treasure gathering!

The hated insignia of a black boot set against a cheerless gray canvass backdrop, sporting a grinning deathly-white skull on the left ankle, heralded a stark warning that the crafty crew of 'Cut Throats' as they were known, would undoubtedly not be taking any prisoners this day!

Note from the Castle Keeper:

Prepare for Battle!

Time for More Role Play and QnA Discussion!

Hit Points
Amur 'Nimblefingers' of the Red Buttons [Half Elf of Elf Lineage/Rogue] 9/9
Tohmas Goodwood [Human/Druid] 9/9
Willem Bariendul [Human/Fighter] 12/12
Maithias Crowmarhte aka Crow [Elf/Ranger] 12/12
Vincent Wysman [Human/Knight] 13/13
Bartimeous Dathier [Human/Cleric] 11/11
Mylos Goldspinner [Gnome/Bard] 10/10
Jaufre Vanvoie [Human/Paladin] 12/12
Elyra Nightshade [Elf/Bard] 11/11
Areldor Glanolwath [Half Elf of Human Lineage/Illusionist] 7/7

Armor Hit Points
Amur 'Nimblefingers' of the Red Buttons [Half Elf of Elf Lineage/Rogue] 20/20
Tohmas Goodwood [Human/Druid] 20/20
Willem Bariendul [Human/Fighter] 29/30
Maithias Crowmarhte aka Crow [Elf/Ranger] 30/30
Vincent Wysman [Human/Knight] 18/20
Bartimeous Dathier [Human/Cleric] 30/30
Mylos Goldspinner [Gnome/Bard] 27/30
Jaufre Vanvoie [Human/Paladin] 14/20
Elyra Nightshade [Elf/Bard] 30/30
Areldor Glanolwath [Half Elf of Human Lineage/Illusionist] None/None

Missile Arsenal
Amur 'Nimblefingers' of the Red Buttons [Half Elf of Elf Lineage/Rogue] 14/20 Sling Stones
Tohmas Goodwood [Human/Druid] 20/20 Arrows
Maithias Crowmarhte aka Crow [Elf/Ranger] 20/20 Arrows
Mylos Goldspinner [Gnome/Bard] 24/24 Bolts
Elyra Nightshade [Elf/Bard] 40/40 Arrows


Posted on 2013-10-05 at 17:31:34.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6171 Posts


Breath forThe Dragon...........

Tohmas stood on the deck and watched the approach of the ship flying the gray flag with a black boot. Captain Crayfish ordered the sailors to row, the needed to get to open sea. He heard Dagger spit and curse. Sensing that the Stout Hearts needed aid to get the Toothless Dragon out of the harbor of sunken ships; to try to out run what must be pirates. The wind had been against them but aiding the other ship. The Shaman called upon Atira to bring a wind to their aid, full the sail of the Toothless Dragon and aid these Stout Hearts as they row to save their lives and the lives of the seekers.
(0-Level Atari Granted Spell Spirit /Gust of Air is A wind rises up in the spell area.)


Posted on 2013-10-19 at 01:59:53.
Edited on 2013-10-19 at 19:36:54 by Odyson

Ziklag
Resident
Karma: 7/0
224 Posts


..

The illusionist quickly moved to the rear of the ship, to get a better look at their pursuers. "Pirates" Areldor said to himself shaking his head with a chuckled. "This is a has been very busy day." It was very evident that Capt. Crayfish knew who was in pursuit and wanted to get as distance as possible. The crew was doing their best but the wind was helping the foe.


Areldor looked at the ship and started to think about what he could do. Then his hand reached down into his bag to lay upon the "Fire Stick". " Thank you Minerva, this gift will help get us back to our employer and I in time for your high holy day." Then turning to find Elyra and then spoke jokingly " Elyra! What was the command word for this thing again."

Areldor is going to use that new wand when the Stomper becomes a true threat to us.



Posted on 2013-10-24 at 02:37:57.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


'The Stomper' Ship

Wind and Fire
World of Aihrde
Island of Tagea
On Board The Toothless Dragon
Late Afternoon on Saturday
Marrero 13, 101awd (After Winter Dark)

Perhaps it was good fortune, or the hand of Minerva that stayed Areldor from using his newly acquired 'Fire Wand', before the battle was engaged in its early stages against the enemy ship 'The Stomper'.

Tohmas had called upon Atira to grant the Shaman a 'Spirit Gust of Air' to aid the Stout Hearts against the head wind that was causing the Cut Throats crew of 'The Stomper' to overtake and trap the 'Toothless Dragon' near the harbor of sunken ships.

For a radius of 90 feet the wind rises up in the spell area and puts out all flames or banishes all fogs or gases in the area!
Without a doubt, had a Fire Ball burst from the Fire Wand (with its unknown number of charges, if any) held by Areldor been either purposely or accidentally unleashed, it would have been extinguished immediately, before it ever had the chance to reach its intended targets!

For whatever reason, the mysterious wind that was aiding 'The Stomper', suddenly vanished when the 'Spirit Gust of Air' from Atira was unleashed by Tohmas.

More importantly, as 'The Stomper' ship drew within combat range, every Fire Arrow that was suddenly unleashed by the Cut Throats archers to cripple the 'Toothless Dragon', was immediately extinguished, including the source of the flames!

Furthermore, every arrow and spear launched against the Stout Hearts and Seekers by the Cut Throats crew, were blown harmlessly away into the dark waters surrounding the harbor of sunken ships!

Even as the 'Spirit Gust of Air' from Atira subsided, the faithful and diligent crew of Stout Hearts were able to steer the 'Toothless Dragon' at such a precision angle, as to cause the battering ram adorning its bow to deliver a glancing, but nonetheless effective crippling blow, bashing its way into the stern of 'The Stomper', causing the enemy ship to begin taking on unwanted sea water, listing towards the harbor of sunken ships!

In the excitement of the brief sea battle, Areldor managed to somehow trigger his newly acquired 'Fire Stick', as Minerva rewarded his gallant, if not accidental, effort with a Fire Ball flame that struck above the mid-section of the ship on the right side of 'The Stomper'; the brilliant explosion setting fire to the middle of the railing, while transforming the mast into a flaming torch, assuring that the Stout Hearts were now able to effortlessly outrun the Cut Throats crew of 'The Stomper', if they chose to now flee triumphantly from the scene of battle, with their treasure cache unmolested by 'The Stomper' pirates!

Note from the Castle Keeper:

Time for More Role Play and QnA Discussion!

Hit Points
Amur 'Nimblefingers' of the Red Buttons [Half Elf of Elf Lineage/Rogue] 9/9
Tohmas Goodwood [Human/Druid] 9/9
Willem Bariendul [Human/Fighter] 12/12
Maithias Crowmarhte aka Crow [Elf/Ranger] 12/12
Vincent Wysman [Human/Knight] 13/13
Bartimeous Dathier [Human/Cleric] 11/11
Mylos Goldspinner [Gnome/Bard] 10/10
Jaufre Vanvoie [Human/Paladin] 12/12
Elyra Nightshade [Elf/Bard] 11/11
Areldor Glanolwath [Half Elf of Human Lineage/Illusionist] 7/7

Armor Hit Points
Amur 'Nimblefingers' of the Red Buttons [Half Elf of Elf Lineage/Rogue] 20/20
Tohmas Goodwood [Human/Druid] 20/20
Willem Bariendul [Human/Fighter] 29/30
Maithias Crowmarhte aka Crow [Elf/Ranger] 30/30
Vincent Wysman [Human/Knight] 18/20
Bartimeous Dathier [Human/Cleric] 30/30
Mylos Goldspinner [Gnome/Bard] 27/30
Jaufre Vanvoie [Human/Paladin] 14/20
Elyra Nightshade [Elf/Bard] 30/30
Areldor Glanolwath [Half Elf of Human Lineage/Illusionist] None/None

Missile Arsenal
Amur 'Nimblefingers' of the Red Buttons [Half Elf of Elf Lineage/Rogue] 14/20 Sling Stones
Tohmas Goodwood [Human/Druid] 20/20 Arrows
Maithias Crowmarhte aka Crow [Elf/Ranger] 20/20 Arrows
Mylos Goldspinner [Gnome/Bard] 24/24 Bolts
Elyra Nightshade [Elf/Bard] 40/40 Arrows


Posted on 2013-10-24 at 23:07:47.

Tuned_Out
Khash Munee
Karma: 47/0
707 Posts


No Rest For the Weary

Jaufre had been relieved to rejoin the Stout Hearts, relieved to unload the treasure he and Tohmas had secured from the cavern creature, and resume a less burdened role. Yet relief was sparing, for no sooner had he and the seekers returned to the Toothless Dragon than trouble reared its vile head.

The oncoming ship, marked with the signs of brigands, was determined to waylay their vessel, and while the Stout Hearts moved with haste to propel the Toothless Dragon away from the pursuers, the winds seemed not in their favor.

It was frustrating for Jaufre, for his inexperience at sea left him ill-equipped to assist the Stout Hearts in operating the vessel, and he had not the power to shift the winds. Luckily, he need not such an ability.

As the Stomper closed in upon the Toothless Dragon, and the small light of flames began to soar into the air from the attacking vessel, the druid Tohmas called upon the wind. In an instance, the unnatural speed with which the Stomper had been pursuing them came to an end, and the arrows seeking the Dragon's hide were caste away. As if to echo Tohmas' defiance of their pursuers, the Toothless Dragon stuck the Stomper causing the enemy ship to begin taking on water, and to take it one step further the illusionist Areldor launched a ball of flame into the brigands' mast.

Maintaining his footing from the impact, and seeing the flames lick across the Stomper, Jaufre now knew what he could do.

With as much haste as he could muster the paladin raced toward the illusionist, shield at the ready, lest an angered pirate seek revenge for the burning destruction with a well placed arrow.


Posted on 2013-10-29 at 01:55:23.

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


Amur is back, baby!

While Amur was glad to away from the beaked dragon, he wasn't too glad to be back aboard the ship with word of another ship closing on them quickly. He clung to the railing and waited the other ship draw closer as the wind was definitely to their favor.

“They’re gaining on us!” He stated the obvious.
The boy turned to see Tohmas doing ‘something’, praying maybe, and looking out towards the approaching ship. Suddenly a huge wind struck and the other ship was in trouble. His eyes grew large as he watched the wind extinguish the visible fire arrows that were aimed their way and caused them to fall harmlessly short; and then the Toothless Dragon turned to aim its ram at the other ship.

Amur grabbed on tight to the railing and braced himself for the crash that was coming. Even so he was thrown to the deck but not seriously harmed; scrambling to his feet he saw Areldor nearby stand and point his new ‘Fire Stick’ at the other ship and speak a word. Fire leaped out and struck the other boat amidships and its mast burst into flames. He let out a whoop of triumph and cheered wildly for a moment. Then he turned to the others as he ducked down in case any archers remained able to fire.

“We might want to get out of here now while we can!” He yelled hoping the captain would make to right choice and back oars and get them away from their seriously injured opponent who would hopefully be too worried about putting out fires than storming their boats. The boy was afraid that if they stayed close the flames could leap over to their ship and then they would all be in trouble. Fire was the worst thing that could happen on a ship at sea.

(OOC: Sorry for the lame post, I will do better as I get back into the character and the game. Glad to be back! )


Posted on 2013-10-29 at 10:57:37.

Ziklag
Resident
Karma: 7/0
224 Posts


Wow.

“Great Minerva!” that was all that came out of Areldor when the fireball crashed into his ships foe. He did not expect this, but he also did not know what to expect either. His exclamation has the sound of joy and terror. Seeing the impact of the and how ravenous the fire had become eating the mid deck and the mast it was as if not just fire but Hell was being released.


All this occurred after Tohmas called upon his god to create a wind pushed their ship forward and seemed to slow all advancements and attacks of “The Stomper”. Then seeing the great fortune that was given to Capt. Crayfish, he turn and ramming their foe. . “We have made it this far with your help Minerva, please get us all the way home. “That is when Areldor aimed and spoke the command.

There he was wide eyed, with his mouth somewhat open just staring at what he just unleashed. The only thing that broke Areldor his gaze was a shield that crossed into his vision that was carried by the Jaufre. As Areldor turned his head to the paladin he did not care what Jaufre was trying to do but responded with “Did you see that!!”


Posted on 2013-11-01 at 12:59:13.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.