The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4004 registered users. Our newest member is Vallator.
Online members: breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by TannTalas)Trilogy War Q/A
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by TannTalas)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Treasure Seekers
Related thread: Adventures in Aihrde
Related thread: Treasure Seekers QnA
Related thread: TREASURE SEEKERS CHARACTERS
GM for this game: Hammer
Players for this game: Raven, Ziklag, Odyson, Tuned_Out, Brundel, Archangel
    Messages in Treasure Seekers
RDI T-shirts!

With Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Tuned_Out
Khash Munee
Karma: 47/0
707 Posts


But Wait...

Jaufre found himself straining his eyes trying to see beyond the limitations of the torchlight as the group descended the steps, trying to be wary of any surprises. Yet all seemed calm. Their descent was slow, yet undisturbed, and the sound of the water passing by them offered a small calming aspect to the passage.

Shortly after however, treasure was discovered, as was an ominous note which was read aloud. As several of his companions began to move about the lower portion of the passage, Jaufre moved as far as the second landing where the note had been discoverd, hoping in this way to be able to provide suppot if it was needed, but still safely within visible light.

There was some breif discussion of the parchment, but the splendors of the treasure soon seemed to taken precedence. Amur and Elyra began to investigate the treasure, and soon Alredor was moving down toward the treasure as well, to collect magical trinkets that may come in handy.

Jaufre however had still been pondering about a portion of the note. What had happened to all the people.

"Now I really think we should return to town and report this and not poke around too much more. One thing I learned from the songs I sing; there are bold adventurers and old adventurers but no old, bold adventureres"
"Wait." Finally speaking up, Jaufre spoke sternly and direct. "What of the other parts? Doomed city took refuge river caverns. Does this place go any further? If there are survivors we should seek to aid them. I can only see so much in these conditions; does the passage go beyond here? At the very least we must acertain that much; to do elsewise would be unthinkable."

He had to wonder what had happened to the citizens of Tagea. Had only one soul come to this place, and even then reached some untimely end? There were too many unanswered questions.


Posted on 2013-07-29 at 02:37:00.
Edited on 2013-08-01 at 06:15:11 by Tuned_Out

Angelic
Regular Visitor
Karma: 4/5
84 Posts


.

"There could be survivors further down, that is true. If they managed to stay alive this long. Returning to town would allow us to buy proper supplies to better explore this place. We are already using make shift torches and if we go deeper we might end up trying to get out in the dark."


Posted on 2013-07-29 at 14:48:26.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


Could'nt agree more

As Crow stood watch at the top of the stairs cocked bow in hand he listened to the discussions below. However it was Elyra that garnered his attention most.

"I think I know why this gold is just lying around and what happened to the pirates. If I read this right, this is a dragons hoard and the pirates were cursed for trying to steal it." She dug out the single gold coin given to her on the way down the steps. "Perhaps I will leave this here. Now I really think we should return to town and report this and not poke around too much more. One thing I learned from the songs I sing; there are bold adventurers and old adventurers but no old, bold adventurers. There could be survivors further down, that is true. If they managed to stay alive this long. Returning to town would allow us to buy proper supplies to better explore this place. We are already using make shift torches and if we go deeper we might end up trying to get out in the dark."

Dragon Hoard! No way was he going deeper not outfitted with make shift torches and very little gear of worth.

“I agree with Elyra, a return to town before a deeper look is a must. However if you do decide in the end to travel deeper, I will remain here on guard against any undead yet active until your return.”

Remembering the three coins still in his pocket he took them out and dropped them once more onto the steps.



Posted on 2013-07-29 at 16:57:30.

Ziklag
Resident
Karma: 7/0
224 Posts


I'm in

As Areldor was trying on the bracers and listening to the conversation that ensued after Elyra had another look at the parchment.

After hearing what Jaufre and Crow added the illusionist spoke “I think that would be a wiser chose of action? We again do not have the equipment we need, but I wonder if we could get the supplies from ship and maybe some extra help instead of going back to the nearest city?” Then hear a sound off coin hitting the cavern floor. Areldor also remembered his coin and add to the chorus.


Posted on 2013-07-29 at 19:15:31.

Tuned_Out
Khash Munee
Karma: 47/0
707 Posts


Very well....

A twang of frustraction welled up in Jaufre's mind. Neither Elyra nor Alredor, two of the seekers who had descended the stairs to the bottom, had answered his question; did the passage carry on? Perhaps they had not thought to look, preoccupied with the presence of the riches. Even still Jaufre could not imagine how such an important detail could not have been made precedent.

Releasing a sigh admist the clang of coins, Jaufre re-strapped his sheild across his back, comepletely freeing his right-hand. The task completed, he spoke once more:

"I concede that we are ill equipped to venture further underground," He paused for a moment, so that the others could be certain of his statement before turning to Alredor. "But, if you could lend me your latern for a moment my friend, there is something I must ascertain before we depart."

He extended his hand, wishful that his companion would comply with his request, else he would be unable to see upon reaching the lower landing. The Paladin wanted to be certain whether or not the passage ventured further, and his own eyes would offer him the best certainty of that.


Posted on 2013-07-30 at 05:26:19.

Angelic
Regular Visitor
Karma: 4/5
84 Posts


.

Elyra suddenly remebered a question asked about the passage. Turning she looked ahead to see if the passage appeared to continue or if this chamber was a dead end.


Posted on 2013-07-30 at 16:10:15.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6189 Posts


Confused............

Tohmas listened as they other discussed the meaning of the parchment. He was amused as some now dropped their coins.

"Did we not come seeking treasure? Now that we have found it are we to leave it and return empty handed?"

"If you are scared of the Dwarv and Orc gold then we should dump out the Orc gold and use the chest to lighten the load to carry out the human gold. Even if we are chased after we leave, with the treasure in two measures we would better chanced to return with something."

As the members turn to listen he continued.

"If we take it back to our sponsor it will show him we are of good faith and not so greedy as the dog that drops his bone in the river as he tries to steal the bone from his reflection......Our share of the gold will buy us better supplies to continue this recovery."

Tohmas continued to stand guard with Crow as he waited for a response.


Posted on 2013-07-30 at 17:07:30.

Angelic
Regular Visitor
Karma: 4/5
84 Posts


.

"Thomas, we did indeed come seeking treasure. But there is more to treasure than gold. Information can be valuable as well. We know where this gold is located and that it is more than we can haul. Perhaps I am wrong about it being guarded by a dragon but are you willing to take that chance with only us few, inexperienced Seekers to stand against it if I am right? We can return and either gather supplies to come back or we can sell the location to others for a tidy profit with no manual labor required."

Elyra looked up at Crow, "So our mighty ranger is scared to go further and will bravely guard the rear? Are you sure that is how you want to be immortalized in song?"


Posted on 2013-07-30 at 17:40:29.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6189 Posts


For The Price Of A Song.......

Raising an eye brow the Shaman listened to the Bard.

"Thomas, we did indeed come seeking treasure. But there is more to treasure than gold. Information can be valuable as well. We know where this gold is located and that it is more than we can haul. Perhaps I am wrong about it being guarded by a dragon but are you willing to take that chance with only us few, inexperienced Seekers to stand against it if I am right? We can return and either gather supplies to come back or we can sell the location to others for a tidy profit with no manual labor required."
As the Bard seemed to smile devilishly Tohmas replied, "Information is what our sponsor has, gold is what he wants. Bards can turn information into story and song, being paid for the entertainment, but the Inn Keeper hasn't the time for such foolishness. Proof of this booty is what we need, not just a confused parchment and a new song.... We need to make haste and return a portion of this so that we can better prepare to return and find...or learn...more. If you fear dragons then the longer we tarry the greater the danger."

"As for our Ranger, he is wise to hold the high ground so that others can explore in greater safety."




Posted on 2013-07-30 at 18:34:38.
Edited on 2013-07-30 at 18:35:59 by Odyson

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


Better to be honest then dead.

Elyra looked up at Crow, "So our mighty ranger is scared to go further and will bravely guard the rear? Are you sure that is how you want to be immortalized in song?"

Though taking the time to look at the female Elf Bard would mean less time keeping watch, Crow could only smile and be honest.

“Yep, I'd rather be known for that, then to be sung of as stupid and dead”

Giving her a playful but knowing smile once more of one who knows a secret or two. He tightened his grip on his bow Dragon KEEPER, and brought his gaze back to keeping watch over the rest of the group........


Posted on 2013-07-30 at 19:12:59.
Edited on 2013-07-30 at 19:14:25 by TannTalas

Ziklag
Resident
Karma: 7/0
224 Posts


ok then

The conversation grew as the illusionist listened as Thomas and Elyra made their points and jests about how to take the treasure or not take the treasure and investigating the cavern. The one remark from Crow was the most amusing and the truest.


Areldor then turned to Jaufre who asked about using the lantern to see if there was more to the cavern and if there were survivors of the city living down here. The paladin had his hand extended with a look of determination, but pain in his eyes form what Areldor could tell. There is more to this than just finding survivors to him and if he was going to look then he was going to help.

Looking at Jaufre with a confident smile, Areldor said “Here is the lantern. But I will join you in the search. Maybe we will find some more magic items or maybe nothing, can’t hurt to look.” Then in his thoughts “Minerva, help us not be remembered as stupid and dead.”


Posted on 2013-07-30 at 19:40:18.
Edited on 2013-07-30 at 21:47:08 by Ziklag

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Cautious Exploration

Crow chose to remain in a position of covering his comrades with his bow and arrows, strategically surveying the cavern below from his 'perch' atop the first landing.

He gladly surrendered his large sack to Bartimeous who had decided to make sure that the Seekers returned to Dagger and the Captain of the Toothless Dragon with proof that a treasure truly existed underground.

The Cleric whispered his intentions to his 'shadow' Vincent who gladly followed him to the chests, helping him fill the large sack with a generous helping of Human Round Gold Coins; followed by numerous Dwarf Gold Squares (to which the Cleric was partial from his countless wagers at a variety of Dwarf Gaming Tables throughout the Voralberg Mountains).

For good measure, they added several Orc Gold Plates to their large sack of plunder!

Fortunately, there was No Curse of Any Kind attached to any of the coins!

A somewhat humorous development, since some of the other Seekers had dropped their coins, suspicious of any curse that may have been attached to the coins in their possession, that the Seekers had found strewn upon the steps and cavern floor.

The Knight also took it upon himself to gather up the candles on the table top, before he and his Cleric companion climbed back up the steps to reunite with the Ranger standing guard with his bow and arrows; the labored breathing of the Cleric giving everyone a clue as to the weight of gold loot he was carrying in his borrowed sack.

Crow noted that the number of candles brought to him by Vincent completely replaced those he had used to make the two torches to help light their way below the surface, but the Ranger kept a steady eye on the rest of the Seekers, ready to fire arrow after arrow against any surprise attack from any unknown foe!

Areldor had secured the Fire Wand inside his pouch and was admiring the fit of the Bracers of Armor that Elyra had bequeathed to him as the lone magician of the group!

She began exploring the perimeters of the cavern as the Illusionist gladly surrendered his lantern to Jaufre when the Paladin asked for his light source to better explore the shadowed secrets of the cavern.

Armed with his Club, the Illusionist accompanied the Paladin in a thorough search of the cavern.

Tohmas chose to examine the natural wonders of the river, mud and gazed for long moments into the depths of the pool of water, but the Shaman found no clues!

For over 30 long minutes the Seekers explored the expanse of the cavern, but there were no secret passages or tunnels of any type leading in any direction from the cavern, unless any such passages or tunnels lay well below the surface of the undisturbed pool of water!


Posted on 2013-08-02 at 23:37:02.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6189 Posts


Time To Leave....

After his exchange with the Bard Tohmas chose to examine the natural wonders of the river, mud and gazed for long moments into the depths of the pool of water, but found no clues! There seemed no good reason to stay so it was time to return to the Toothless Dragon.
“There seems to be no track or trace of other thing to seek. We should leave now and take more treasure back. Willem,… the Cleric and Vincent have lightened the chest of human gold. You and I should be able to easily carry it back the ship’s crew waiting outside the ruins. Will you help me carry it out?”
Tohmas stepped to the chest closing it’s lid and waited on Willem. The Shaman want to return quickly to the ship.


Posted on 2013-08-03 at 20:32:24.
Edited on 2013-08-04 at 22:54:53 by Odyson

Angelic
Regular Visitor
Karma: 4/5
84 Posts


.

"I also wish to return to the ship quickly as possible. Remember once we are out those remaining skeletons might be sticking around so eyepatches on everyone. As for the gold, I am taking none of it for I am not sure how to interpret the parchment. Those who wish to take it are free to do so but keep a bit of a distance from me." Looking at the others they appeared ready to go. "Master Crow, if you would be so kind as to lead us back to the ship."


Posted on 2013-08-04 at 02:35:53.

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


Gold is Gold!

Amur smirked when others dropped the coins thinking them cursed or something; gold was gold and he wasn’t about to throw it away, besides this is why they were here to gather the treasure for their employer. He assisted in helping gather the coins, as much as they could carry that is, and in searching the cavern for secret passages and the like. When the talk turned to what they should do, he spoke his mind:

“I agree we should take what we can haul and then return for the rest later,” the boy said and again shook his head when the female bard spoke of leaving the treasure. He turned to her with an incredulous look upon his young face.

“Iffin you don’t want the risk might I suggest you stay on the ship next time,” he turned to go but added as he did, “ever think it ma be the parchment that was the problem?”

He heard her tell Crow to guide them back to the ship and wondered who made her the boss of this group?

(OOC: Sorry I have missed posting, RL demanded my attention. I will endeavor to keep up.)


Posted on 2013-08-05 at 11:18:26.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.