The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members: t_catt11
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Reralae)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Reralae)Hidden Corruption
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Gobber King
Related thread: The Gobber King- QnA
Related thread: Gobber Characters
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Odyson, Chessicfayth, Leviathan
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in The Gobber King
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


helping

Tying these creatures up was a good idea and Gamard quickly aided in the binding. He didn’t know how long Wembley’s sleeping spell was going to last. These scaly things could wake up any moment and he wanted to make certain nobody sprang on anybody unexpected. For all they knew these creatures were just as lost as they were and, in a way, as the bugbears had been. There was probably something to learn from these beings, if only a better understanding of what this lair had in store for them.

After securing the knots and being quite certain that they would not easily be broken Gamard took a step backwards and waited for the lizardmen to wake up.


Posted on 2014-08-07 at 10:14:40.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Say what?

‘Nice little bundle as they are I would say hang them from the crow’s nest and set a guard to watch them. Alas it seems we are fresh out of crows nest here. As for parlay,’ Mal cleard his throat and looked to the party, ‘Bla Bla Bla Bla? Zip Zing, Group?’ he then smiled and thought to himself, who will pick up on that?


Posted on 2014-08-09 at 17:39:34.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


.

Alondas had to laugh to himself at Mal's little babble. Seems someone else realized that interrogation required a common language.


Posted on 2014-08-10 at 04:25:18.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6283 Posts


oops.

“Wembley, Dudley, gather their weapons as quietly as you can, then try to tie them up. The rest of us will stand ready with magic and blade if they should wake up to take them down. Let’s try to keep at least one, the leader perhaps, alive if they should seek to attack even unarmed. They may hold information to help us solve this damnable maze.” Crow says and the two Cidals do as he asks taking the weapons away but then they look to each other with some confusion and dismay.

“UMMM. There is a flaw in your plan.” Wembley says plainly, “We don’t have any rope.”

"Did anyone happen to understand what language they were speaking? If not they are of no real use to us. Although I am not overly fond of killing the defenseless, I am less fond of leaving potential enemies around to find us later." Alondas asked.

‘Nice little bundle as they are I would say hang them from the crow’s nest and set a guard to watch them. Alas it seems we are fresh out of crows nest here or rope.. As for parlay,’ Mal cleared his throat and looked to the party, ‘Bla Bla Bla Bla? Zip Zing, Group?’ he then smiled.

Ivan nodded his orange furred head, “Yeah, this is really uncool. Let them snooze so they cannot fight so then we exit, stage right."


Posted on 2014-08-12 at 18:27:56.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


Lets go

"If we are to leave them alive then we need to move quickly. I do not want them catching up to us. They might not be so kind to us."


Posted on 2014-08-12 at 21:37:13.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


well

Gamard bit his lower lip in frustration when they realized none of them had any rope. As they started looking for other ways out of this predicament, the Khord eyed his surroundings. There, on the floor, lay the body of the protector of these alcoholic cellars.

With a quick prayer to Solanis he knelt next to the body and grabbed the man's black shirt. With a firm pull that contrasted the respect he wanted to show the loyal servant, he tore a strip of cloth loose and held it up for anyone to use it for binding purposes.

He wasn't proud of robbing a dead man of his dignity, but survival was what counted. He wouldn't want to leave this room and have the lizardmen spring on them somewhere in the future.


Posted on 2014-08-13 at 09:43:06.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6143 Posts


Is That An Alligator Bag?

dudley moved up the strairs to find the success of Wembley with the sleeping lizard men on the floor. It didn't take long for the ranger to take control and tell him to tie up the sleeper. As Dudley looked aaround he noted there was no rope, but the creatures did have leather shoulder bags. "Well I guess luck is with us, we can use these straps to secure these fellows." As he he cut the straps and started securing the dozers others took the covering from the smashed wooden ninja, cutting it to strips and tying up the creature even better.

"If these guys don't wake we should take their weapons and move on."


Posted on 2014-08-13 at 23:30:37.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6365 Posts


Dohhhh!

“Wembley, Dudley, gather their weapons as quietly as you can, then try to tie them up. The rest of us will stand ready with magic and blade if they should wake up to take them down. Lets try to keep at least one, the leader perhaps, alive if they should seek to attack even unarmed. They may hold information to help us solve this damnable maze.”
“UMMM. There is a flaw in your plan.” Wembley says plainly, “We don’t have any rope.”

Crow looked at the Cidal Thief and realized the small one was correct. With a hint of an embarrassed blush crossing his face he began looking around but he saw that both Gamard and Dudley had already thought ahead. Using silk from the wine ninja’s shirt and leather from the Lizards pouches Gamard and Dudley were already making makeshift ties. Nodding to both in thank you he kept his defensive posture intact...................



Posted on 2014-08-14 at 02:50:35.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6283 Posts


bound to happen

Using the materials of the broken construct and the “leather” straps of the Slaa’ker, you manage to bind them. Three of them stay asleep by the wild one who was flailing about wakes up as you attempt to tie him up. There is a brief battle but the fight is quickly removed from the Lizard Leader with a hefty blow to the head from Gamard.

So you are now in the wine cellar with four prisoners you cannot talk to nor likely reason with, along with a dismantled naked wooden wine ninja.

OOC: Portal? Question the Slaa’kar because if you speak common loud and slow enough everyone can understand you?


Posted on 2014-08-14 at 13:35:14.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


.

"Well, I think that was enough excitement for now." Alondas said as the lizardman who woke was put back to sleep. "I don't see anything to gain from them so perhaps it is best to move along to the next room?"


Posted on 2014-08-14 at 15:41:11.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6143 Posts


Did You Get That?

Dudley watch Wembley as the Lizard Man snarled and croaked, the little wizard seemed to nod his head.

"Did you understand what that scaly thing just said?", Dudley addressed to other Cid.

(OOC, ok here's the chance for Wembley to use one of his many languages. Why not let it be Lizard?)


Posted on 2014-08-14 at 16:56:44.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


Next

"Seems the rooms do lead to the same place each time. Perhaps it is time to try a previously unexplored portal this time?"


Posted on 2014-08-21 at 03:09:33.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6143 Posts


The War Room............

Dudley agreed about leaving the lizard men and moving along quickly. "If we follow our last path the next room is the fight room. Luckily we know that and won't be surprised by an attack. Then it's a nice bath and then a warm meal....Oh that part sound good." Dudley made for the stairs to the portal of the war room.


Posted on 2014-08-21 at 16:37:56.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6365 Posts


Hi Ho Hi Ho East or South lets go :)

As Crow watched the groups failure to communicate with the Lizard Slaa’ker he listened also to the talk of which way next.

"Well, I think that was enough excitement for now." Alondas said as the lizard man who woke was put back to sleep. "I don't see anything to gain from them so perhaps it is best to move along to the next room. Seems the rooms do lead to the same place each time. Perhaps it is time to try a previously unexplored portal this time?"

Dudley agreed about leaving the lizard men and moving along quickly, however he was of a different opinion the Alondas as to what the next portal would be. "If we follow our last path the next room is the fight room. Luckily we know that and won't be surprised by an attack. Then it's a nice bath and then a warm meal....Oh that part sound good." Dudley made for the stairs to the portal of the war room.

“Hold Dudley. Taking the same portal twice helps us not at all. We wish to leave this damn maze not to go in circles. I agree with Alondas that a new portal is best. So East or South, I vote East. As to these lizards I say we make sure we have striped all weapons and we take those weapons with us to the next room. We confirm they are unconscious before we decide which portal to take and right before we leave we loosen ones bond so they do not die tied up. Any other suggestions?”.........


Posted on 2014-08-21 at 23:23:09.
Edited on 2014-08-21 at 23:25:31 by TannTalas

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1999 Posts


East, please

OOC: Backposting a little...

Wembley looks at his kin and back at the lizard man and then back to Dudley. "Sorry, friend, I didn't understand a word of what he just said."

OOC: On deciding which way to go...

Crow asked for suggestions, so Wembley had to add his wisdom. "I am always up for some more food, but I'd rather avoid that room where we had to fight those clawed beasts, and the steam room... for the cat's sake, you know. It frightens the poor thing, and I think he might have a weak heart, and do your healing spells even work on cats, Dudley? Do the Gods care about cats?"

Wembley paused for a moment to consider weightiness of his question, before changing topics. "I'm with Crow on this one, let's check out this portal here," he said, indicating the eastern portal. "We haven't been this way yet."


Posted on 2014-08-22 at 00:28:56.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.