The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4010 registered users. Our newest member is hanalady.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Nomad D2)Trilogy War Q/A
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Ayrn)5e One Shot Adventure
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Nimu)The Trilogy War
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by t_catt11)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by TannTalas)Destiny Flight - QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Gobber King
Related thread: The Gobber King- QnA
Related thread: Gobber Characters
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Odyson, Chessicfayth, Leviathan
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in The Gobber King
RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Chain Mail Bikini
Price: $20.00

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/19
3011 Posts


doing something stupid

Once they finished tying up the creatures it became rapidly clear that there was no way of communicating with them. Not only did this mean that they couldn't get any information out of these lizardmen, it meant they had no way of securing any form of truce or understanding. Gamard had no desire to harm these beings. For all he knew they were as trapped in this place as himself and his companions.

As the others began planning their next move, the Khordaldrum cleric grabbed one of the Slaa'kar's crude weapons, one with a sharp edge on it. He then squatted near one of the smaller scaly humanoids and looked him directly in the eye. He pointed to himself and the group, and then motioned for the East portal. He then pointed at the Slaa'kar in front of him and held up the knife (assuming it is a knife-like weapon), pointing it West. Gamard then walked over to the West portal and put the weapon down in front of it. He hoped his message was clear. Though he had no idea what these creatures were up to, he would not let them sit here to die of hunger and thirst. Those were not the teachings of his God. Besides, showing some goodwill might be beneficial in the future.

After putting down the weapon he walked into the East portal, saying: "Let's go."

(OOC: I took the liberty of assuming there was at least one weapon with a sharp enough edge or point. Hope that's ok.)


Posted on 2014-08-22 at 08:25:28.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6271 Posts


no problem

After much discussion and planning, The Khord Cleric takes matters in his own hand and leads the party through the east exit of the wine cellar.

Here are two black openings at either end of an apparently empty hallway. Two more black openings face one another halfway down the lengths of the longer walls. In each long wall is also a wooden door. The doors are across from one another and at one end of the length of the hall.

Nothing is in this corridor except you and you came in through the northern entrance.


Posted on 2014-08-23 at 17:54:08.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/19
3011 Posts


action

Going through the portal Gamard gripped his weapon and was ready for anything. Any wild beast that would be waiting on the other side would receive a steady blow to the brain. Any undead creature crawling his way would receive the wrath of Solanis.

But, as always when you're ready for anything, nothing happened. They arrived in a room best described as a corridor, with only two doors as interesting features.
Gamard took his hand from the holy symbol on his headband and lowered his weapon. Then he looked at the others and shrugged.

"Anybody with a good eye for traps eager to open the doors?"

He had the feeling that they were creeping around in somebody's home without permission. That somebody would probably have left some precautions, though so far they hadn't encountered a lot of them. Thinking about it some more, it felt as if the somebody who owned this place hadn't been around for a very long time. But traps could still be active and it's better to be safe than sorry.

(OOC. I say we open the doors to see what's behind them. I'd prefer if somebody opened them who is a bit better at noticing traps and such, but if nobody dares, Gamard will go and do it himself.)


Posted on 2014-08-30 at 09:04:18.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


doors

"Open a possibly trapped door? Not I." Alondas smiled. "Opening both before choosing a direction does seem like a very good idea. Unless of course the first door releases some form of trouble."


Posted on 2014-08-30 at 16:33:54.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1992 Posts


Pick me!!

"Anybody with a good eye for traps eager to open the doors?"

"Oh! Oh!" Wembley squeaked. "I'll do it, Gamard."

The cidal put away his staff sling and loosened up his fingers dramatically. "My great-great-aunt, Lucinda, she was an excellent trapsmith. They say she could sniff a trap out, let you or I might sniff out a foul goblin ambush. Have you ever smelled goblin hide before? Pah-yalagh! They stink bad... like... like, ol'Duncan, my uncle Darwin's hound would after mucking around with the pigs. Ha! That dog sure did stink. Didn't matter how much uncle Darwin washed him in the river, he would still..."

The cidal continues on, telling his companions about Duncan the dog which weaves into another story about a bandit cidal who once wore goblin hide as armor. From time to time the story pauses as he first listens at the doors, then checks for traps, before opening up the doors.

[OOC: I may have taken the post too far. My intention is to listen at the north door, that the south door, then attempt to notice and diarm and traps, then open the door to the north (and the south one after that, assuming nothing jumps out at us after opening the north one.]


Posted on 2014-08-30 at 22:53:22.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Pigs

‘Trap door? I can open them but it hurts a great deal and I for one am in no great hurry for pain. There was this one wench…’ Mal smiled to himself as a story about a dog that smelt bad or was it an uncle that smelt bad was being told, ‘Pigs,’ he whispered, ‘used to put them on land so we would have some’it to eat on the return trip.’ He then looked at the door, ‘Do you think they put pigs down here?’


Posted on 2014-08-31 at 23:58:31.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6126 Posts


No Dinner Bell....

The big ranger called to Dudley to not head back to the dinning room. He must not like having an after dinner dinner.

Wembley pointed to different portal and quickly he and Gamard stepped through. The cleric was lucky to be standing near and followed.

He emerged in a hall with only one other portal but two doors. "Doors, we have find interesting things behind doors."

Gamard asked who might check the doors and before Dudley could act Wembley was in action and telling a tail of pigs and goblins. Dudley stepped up behind the cid in case something jumped out at him.


Posted on 2014-09-01 at 01:55:06.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6271 Posts


search

Wembley approached the doorway to the north side and quickly realized that someone had tried to force the lock before – successfully. Looking to the other side and the lock on that door is similarly broken by force. The door to the south hangs slightly open but the north door does not move despite the fact that the lock is broken. In fact, as the north door doesn't move at all, Wembley suspects it is barred from the inside.

(Assuming you will look into the south door as it is open)

This room was once a guest room of sorts with a large bed and assorted furniture. It has been exhaustively searched recently and once comfortable furniture is turned over and broken, and stacks of books are ripped apart and carelessly tossed in comers. There is a wooden door in the far corner.


Posted on 2014-09-03 at 17:12:21.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1992 Posts


Keeping on moving

Wembley opened the door to the south. "Huh," he said, a little disappointed that someone had beat him to the doors (and used brute force to do it). "Looks like someone's been through her recently. Do you think it was those lizard men? The way they trashed the cellar... looks like this might be there handiwork too."

Wembley will search the room for any evidence that the perpetrators of this crime were, infact, the lizard creatures.

"Oh! Hey, look!" Wembley says cheerfully. "Another door. I wonder way this leads."

Normally, the cidal would have likely just opened the door... but an inner voice that sounded an aweful lot like Crow's urged him to check the door first.

OOC: Wembley is searching the room until he notices the door. He'll check the door for trap and locks, and listen to see if he can hear anything on the other side of the door, before opening it.


Posted on 2014-09-04 at 00:30:46.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


moving on

Alondas followed the others into the room and looking around saw that any search would likely be futile. Someone or something had already ransacked the room. News of another door caught his attention and he took a position where he could watch the activity there but no get in the way.


Posted on 2014-09-04 at 04:22:53.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6126 Posts


A Doorable................

Dudley followed Wimbley as he checked the doors and then moved into the open room. The disheveled appearance lead him to guess there was little left to find. But then the Cids notice another door to the side of the room.

"Oh how lucky, another door! At least we know where we are going when we leave by a door. Let's see what's in there!" Dudley trundled after his kin in hopes of finding more fun like they had in sitting the throne.


Posted on 2014-09-04 at 16:34:10.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6271 Posts


moving moving moving

The room has been searched before but as Alondas passes by a page on the floor he notices that it is written in the magic arcane script that mages use to inscribe spells. He peers down at the page and realizes that it is a light spell, now torn in half.

Wembley looks to the other door in the room. He checks it for traps and finds nothing and the door appears to be unlocked. He hears nothing from the other room.

This room is dark. In the light from the hall you can see furniture and rubbish all over the floor. Four heavy crossbows had been set up to face where you are standing, but they were set up so improperly that when you opened the door the rope pulled them off the crates they were on and they fire up into the ceiling. As well, they had been set up so low that they would have shot at your knees if they had been set properly.

There is a single bed in the room, a small desk, a set of drawers and night table. The room looks like it was used by someone small in stature but hasn't returned in a long time. The floor is covered with many pieces of paper and debris of broken household items.



Posted on 2014-09-10 at 17:35:37.
Edited on 2014-09-10 at 17:35:50 by Alacrity

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6340 Posts


Curious

With doors checked and nothing found but a misplaced booby trap Crow wondered what sort of small creature had lived here.

“Wembley, Dudley any clue as to what type of creature lived here?”


Posted on 2014-09-10 at 23:55:28.
Edited on 2014-09-10 at 23:56:01 by TannTalas

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/19
3011 Posts


paper

The boobytrapped room appeared to have been abandoned a long time ago. But it was the first private room they had encountered so far, and therefore the most likely place to find any information concerning their whereabouts. So far Gamard felt like he had been wandering an underground castle. The lack of windows reminded him of home. Considering that thought some more, he made a mental note to look for air shafts or other means of ventilation. If they were indeed underground, there should be some way to keep oxygen levels high enough to keep people from passing out. It was one of the things a Khord knew from living in the earth's crust.

For now, however, he was more interested in the paper on the ground and started rummaging through the sheets, looking for any clue that would give them more clarity.


Posted on 2014-09-13 at 08:15:54.
Edited on 2014-09-13 at 08:16:32 by Almerin

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6126 Posts


Lucky Miss.......

Dudley had followed Wembley to the closed door. When the Cid had opened it and sprung the poorly made trap the Cleric of Shinara knew her protection had held to keep them safe.

Peering into the dark room the little cleric cast a spell of "Light" into the center of room as Gamard trundled in picking up papers as he went. "There that should make things easier, reading in the dark isn't simple, even for a Khord."

Dudley followed and went to the small desk and started to examine papers and items on and in it. Shinara had protected them from the door trap, she would sure provide them with information to help them on their journey.


Posted on 2014-09-13 at 14:43:16.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.