The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is soicau88.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Odyson)Destiny's Flight
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 1 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Gobber King
Related thread: The Gobber King- QnA
Related thread: Gobber Characters
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Odyson, Chessicfayth, Leviathan
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in The Gobber King
RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6131 Posts


Pack It Up......

Dudley happily indulged in the few supplies they had; some cheese, some bread and some wine. As the other had gotten what they wanted he packed up the remains. Noting a bit more room in the pack he turned to the group.

“Since we’ve eaten some it is fortunate to we now additional room in the pack. If any of those containers from the cabinet seem useful they can load in here. Our mage there can figure out their use as we go.”

Leaving that to be decided he walked to the mirror to see just how nicely the little silver butler had cleaned his leathers. He’d grab up the pack and follow when the party moved on.


Posted on 2013-11-08 at 17:58:46.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


not good at all....

Mal did not like one bit of what he was hearing from his companions. Between the Wizard's belief that the wooden door might just be more dangerous, and the Khord's theory of this place being the creation of some old, powerful, and rightly insane mage, he wasn't so sure he preferred this place any more than the cold dead island above....

"I still ain't likin' the idea of goin' through that portal.... At least with the door, we know we won't be popped into some room, totally surrounded by gods know what.... Though I do be thinkin' that Wembley there might consider checkin' the door fer traps and the like..." He says, eyeing the Cidal with a half-grin.
"Whaddya say, mate? Care to make sure our road be clear?"

He stands, lifting his Saber, assuming everyone was ready to go, and not caring much if they were wanting to stay. He knew they shouldn't stay. comfortable as the room was, there was no additional food or water, and his hopes weren't exactly raised for the idea of a rescue party.


Posted on 2013-11-11 at 03:36:18.

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


Moving on

Having availed himself of some of the hard cheese, bread and just a little bit of the wine; Alôndas sighed when he heard talk of moving on.

"I still ain't likin' the idea of goin' through that portal.... At least with the door, we know we won't be popped into some room, totally surrounded by gods know what.... Though I do be thinkin' that Wembley there might consider checkin' the door fer traps and the like..." He says, eyeing the Cidal with a half-grin. 

"Whaddya say, mate? Care to make sure our road be clear?"

He rose and hefted his stave preparing to leave the room with the others; he thought of once again voicing his opinion of using the portal but he sensed it would fall on deaf ears. He had already spoken and no one else seemed to agree with him. Besides, their appointed leader, per say, had made the decision and he felt compelled to follow.

Therefore, when the group gathered near the door, the Mage took up a position near the middle where he could observe and stand ready with his magic to assist and/or protect if necessary.



Posted on 2013-11-11 at 23:16:07.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1994 Posts


Moving on already?!

Wembley removed the various decanters, tumblers and vials from the cabinet and placed them on the table with the food. He tried to sniff them to see if any smelled like common spirits one might find at a tavern.

OOC:If any smell like a common alcoholic beverage (whiskey, brandy, wine, etc), Wembley will point them out to the group.
Having laid them out, Wembley went and helped himself to his kin's food spread. "Thank you kindly, Dudley, for sharing this table with us. The gods bless you."

As he ate, the cidal listened intently to his Syl friend, Alan, share the most wonderful story of the wizard in love with the Damned Queen on Sendria. "That was a fantastic story, Alan! Do you think it's true? If it is, I can't wait to explore this place! Who knows where this adventure will take us!"

Mal suggested that, perhaps, their adventure might start with the simple wooden door... and that, perhaps, Wembley might give it a once over to make sure it wasn't trapped by one of Putnum's deadly surprises.

"Suh thg!" Wembley replied, stuffing the list bit of bread in his mouth. Placing his ear to the door, Wembley listened carefully while, at the same time, examining the door and surrounding wall for any noticeable traps.

OOC: Listen and Find/Remove checks, please. If there are no traps noticeable, Wembley will open the door. If there are traps, he'll attempt to remove them and then open the door.


Posted on 2013-11-12 at 20:09:10.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6276 Posts


The Walking Pets

Wembley removed the various decanters, tumblers and vials from the cabinet and placed them on the table with the food. He tried to sniff them to see if any smelled like common spirits one might find at a tavern. For the most part, he was correct, Rum, Brandy, Vodka, Poln-Twa, etc . The blues are a mystery but have that alcohol scent to them. The Green is Ammuntahaanu – a rarely found spirit of the Gilskalos. As to the dark brown, it smells like a swamp and a distilleries forbidden love-child.

(not sure if Wembley wants to break the seal on the small vial)

Once feed and ready to move on, the party turns their attention to the wooden door down the hallway. Wembley listens to the door and hears the same low moan that Crow heard from within - definitely animal-like but more ... menacing.

(I am going to assume some positioning here based on standard D&D play)

Crow stands with Bow in hand, arrow notched behind the Rogue as he works on the doorway to check for traps. Alôndas stands ready with a spell in mind, Mal has Sabre in hand and the others gather to assist in any way necessary.

The Cidal is satisfied there are no traps on the door and opens it cautiously. The room is dark, not illuminated as the one you are in but the light comes in to reveal the contents. Bookcases line two walls, and in the center is a small table and four chairs. In another wall is a clear glass window through
which the Living Room may be viewed. In a corner are a desk and chair. The desk is messed up as though someone has searched it.

On the table is a black cat. It is quite mangled and has dried blood matted in its fur. But the cat still moves and from it comes the deep moaning that you heard through the door. Its eyes are blood eye and seem to glow in an oh, so menacing way. It hisses at you and as it does more eyes, much smaller, appear in the darkness – on the shelves of the bookcases, on the desk, on the floor and all throughout the room. Mice, Lots of them, with the same glowing blood filled eyes looking like they should be dead but not. They start to move towards you and the doorway, not quickly but still clambering over the floor, falling off the shelves and leaping forward to get at you. A miniature army of the dead lead by an undead cat.

There is a black portal on the other side of the room.


Posted on 2013-11-13 at 19:15:32.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1994 Posts


Close the door! Close the door! Close the door!

As the sickly mice make their way toward the group, Wembley closes the door shut once more. "Maybe we should try the portal," the cidal smiled back to the rest of his companions. Unless...
OOC:I'm curious if maybe we could use the cleaning bot to clean up of the mice. Is there a way to release it in to the other room with the cat and mice?
Answers in QnA section. Roger


Posted on 2013-11-13 at 19:45:06.
Edited on 2013-11-13 at 20:00:56 by Alacrity

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


gross....

As the sickly mice make their way toward the group, Wembley closes the door shut once more. "Maybe we should try the portal," the cidal smiled back to the rest of his companions.

Mel clears his throat, ignoring the crawling sensation he gets from the sight. "...Aye" He grunts, stifling a gag. "That be one o' the most horrid things I ever seen... An' I seen some horrid things...."
He looks around at the rest of the group, regaining his composure. "I ain't to be knowing how you boys feel about bein' eaten alive by those nasty lil critters, but I be in agreement with Wembley and Alan at this point. The portal be soundin' better an better to me....."

'If that be only the first room, I be thinkin the Khord was right...' He thought to himself. 'This be seeming like something a crazy evil mage would cook up. What else lies in wait for us? I be needin' a drink.....'


Posted on 2013-11-13 at 20:11:47.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6131 Posts


EEEEEk...........

Dudley saw the cat and tiny glowing eyed mice before Wembley pulled the door shut.

“Oh what are we mice or men? We’re lucky there are only tiny monsters in there. Let me cast a blessing on you to strengthen your resolve and then it’s Little Bunny Fofo time!”

As the cleric prepared to cast Bless over the party he started singing.

“Little bunny foo-foo, hopping through the forest, Scooping up the field mice, and bopping them on the head....”


Posted on 2013-11-14 at 18:51:05.

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


Awww Rats!

Alôndas stared into the room over the shoulders of the others gathered in front of him; he saw and recognized that the cat and the rats were now undead and saw their gaze turn towards the party.

“Definitely the work of a Necromancer,” he said softly as Wembley closed the door again.

As others spoke of entering the room, and perhaps of leaving the room alone he considered his magic options.

“I could burn the room from the doorway,” he said apprehensively, “but I would hate to do that as a first option. There is a lot of flammable stuff in that room and I could set the whole room ablaze. It would not be good for us without an easy way to extinguish it.”

“Besides,” he said as his gaze widened, “those shelves in there could contain magic tomes, which could be very dangerous, and a shame, to destroy. Who knows what knowledge might be contained in those volumes.”

The Mage waited to see what decision was made on how to deal with the room of undead pets.


Posted on 2013-11-14 at 23:02:54.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Clerics 'Combine' Abilities

Joining Hands
Gamard the Grim had seen enough to know that merely closing the door to the Unliving Creatures was not the answer this day, at least for a Knight of Holy Anger!

The Khord Cleric of Solanis strode to the door, then turned and faced his comrades, choosing to address the situation with his words, rather than immediate actions that all or some may not understand, thus failing to interpret what must be done, because Gamard was compelled as a Knight of Holy Anger to terminate the forces of darkness on the other side of the door, or die trying!

"Friend Dudley! Let Us Join Hands to 'Combine' Our Abilities to Turn the Unliving!"
He then offers the temporary use of his Quarterstaff to the Syl Ranger by saying:

"Friend Crow! You May Use My Quarterstaff to Dispatch the Unliving! By 'Turning Undead', They May Cower When They Run Out of Space to Flee in Yon Room!"
Awaiting an affirmation from Crow (((assuming the Syl Ranger agrees))) the Khord further explains:

"I Should Not Attack the Unliving with Either Weapon or Spell Once Turned Away! To Do So Would Break the Turning and Cause Them to Freely Attack Us!"
Then looking to the Swashbuckler the Knight of Holy Anger says:

"Stand Ready Friend Malrinn! May Your Saber Cut True!"
Then nodding to the Mage named Wembley, who had so hastily shut the door:

"Be Brave Friend Wembley! Open the Door and Quickly Stand Aside! Then Make Ready a Suitable Conjure to Help Dispatch Yon Unliving Vermin!"
Gamard the Grim nods with a grim assurance to each of his companions, then extends his hands to Dudley, preparing to 'Combine' their Cleric abilities to unleash a potent 'Turn Undead' action against the Unliving Vermin on the other side of the door!

“For Solanis ... and ... Life!
(((Gamard is grimly relying upon the 'Combined' effort of himself and Dudley to 'Turn Undead' and for his comrades to be able to slay the creatures while he is vulnerable at the present time! Having loaned his Quarterstaff to Crow, he will not have a Weapon to fight with should he need to, so after all has been done to 'Turn Undead' he will Not Attack, unless the 'Turn' has run its course!

He wants to conserve his spells, so if it comes down to it, the Khord Cleric of Solanis will just have to stomp the vermin with his boots! This being merely a 'last resort' if attacked by any of the Unliving!

[He wants to conserve his spells, but does have an 'Invisible to Undead' spell available, but would rather conserve the use of his spells at the present time!])))


Posted on 2013-11-16 at 16:30:12.
Edited on 2013-11-16 at 16:33:20 by Hammer

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6131 Posts


Run Away.................

As Dudley was preparing to cast Bless on the party to give them courage against the mice he stopped when the Knight’s Cleric started to speak.

”Friend Dudley! Let Us Join Hands to 'Combine' Our Abilities to Turn the Unliving!...
…Friend Crow! You May Use My Quarterstaff to Dispatch the Unliving! By 'Turning Undead', They May Cower When They Run Out of Space to Flee in Yon Room!.....I Should Not Attack the Unliving with Either Weapon or Spell Once Turned Away! To Do So Would Break the Turning and Cause Them to Freely Attack Us!.....Stand Ready Friend Malrinn! May Your Saber Cut True!......Be Brave Friend Wembley! Open the Door and Quickly Stand Aside! Then Make Ready a Suitable Conjure to Help Dispatch Yon Unliving Vermin!......For Solanis ... and ... Life!”

Delighted, Dudley extended his hands and joined with the Gamard. “Better to make them run away, so we can live to fight another day.”



Posted on 2013-11-16 at 20:53:01.
Edited on 2013-11-19 at 17:11:28 by Odyson

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


Preparations

Alôndas was glad that no one wanted to 'torch' the room with the undead animals; the creatures were small and they should be able to deal with them without destroying the room and possibly endangering them all. Hearing talk of turning the undead and using normal weapons, the Mage quickly cast a spell and a faint glow surrounded him hugging him like armor. Once he was done casting, he took up a position towards the rear of the group to let the fighters enter the room before he would move up to the doorway to assist.

(OOC: He will cast Armor on himself and if the others enter the room then he will move into the doorway where he can support them. If any undead make it to him, he will use his staff to defend himself.)


Posted on 2013-11-16 at 23:54:17.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6345 Posts


Awe man do we hafta :)

Crow really had no intention or need to fight the undead Cat and her mouse minions for a bunch of books especially with only 5 arrows. However the choice was taken out of his hands as Gamard handed the Ranger his quarterstaff.

"Friend Crow! You May Use My Quarterstaff to Dispatch the Unliving! By 'Turning Undead', They May Cower When They Run Out of Space to Flee in Yon Room!"

“Right, whatever you say Cleric” as he grabbed the quarterstaff and readied it. Though not very good with blunt weapons he could still swing it and if lucky actually hit something with it. So he stood where asked and prepared himself to swing and miss as the two party Clerics put their hands together and began to pray.


Posted on 2013-11-19 at 03:35:22.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


we are going to be eaten.....

Mal sighs as it seems the magic users wanted that room, for some reason or another. To him, it just seemed that they were to fight the horde rather than use the portal.... just to take another portal. It was a waste of time, and the Swashbuckler couldn't stop imagining being eaten alive by so many tiny zombies. But it seemed the party's mind was made up.
Shaking his head and raising his saber yet again, he steeled his resolve, admitting that he was still better off than the wizard, who wore no real armor.

"Alright, alright, let's be getting this nasty business done then." He growled, trying not to think about the horrible smell that awaited.


Posted on 2013-11-19 at 15:21:57.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1994 Posts


Can I join the circle too?

Wembley eagerly waited as the clerics called on their gods and prepared to destroy the unliving mice and cat. He nudged Mal and,in a loud whisper, said, "This is going to be great! I've never seen a priest banish the unliving before! I've never still the unliving before for that matter, well, except for those dead mice in the other room. I saw rat brawl the other week, back in Bayris. Tied two rats by their tails... big, mean ones, the size of alley tommies, with maybe a half foot of rope connecting their two tails together. Tossed them into square with this old tommy. Now, he did look half dead... torn ear and stub for a tail...."

The cidal continues to prattle with his story, regardless of who's listening, until the door opens.


Posted on 2013-11-19 at 20:01:45.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.