The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3981 registered users. Our newest member is tratxem014.
Online members: t_catt11, Eol Fefalas, Nomad D2, josie, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Recruitment Threads - Firefly Serenity reboot (posted by Nomad D2)Firefly Serenity reboot
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Alacrity)Destiny Flight - QnA
Other Sci Fi - Paranoia: the Only Good Commie is a Dead Commie (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Paranoia: Commies
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Gobber King
Related thread: The Gobber King- QnA
Related thread: Gobber Characters
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Odyson, Chessicfayth, Leviathan
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in The Gobber King
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


Let's get ready to Rumble!

Alôndas gazed around the room and was a bit disappointed that it was only an armory; the other rooms had been more interesting. Weapons were last on the mage’s list of interesting things. His gaze fell upon a rack of staves to their left and his eyebrow raised; he might find a better quality staff then the one he currently possessed.

“Oh dear!” Says Ivan with a dramatic air of dread. “Not this room! This is where that thing with the claws and the fangs and the hey hey hey came out of that block there. Better arm yourselves fast dudes because we are going have company.”
The Syl mage looked to the cat then to the stone pillar before them, noting the apparent seams along the edges. Before he could ask, others had already voiced the question to Ivan about what he had encountered in this room. Leaving the group he strode quickly over to the rack of staffs to the right and scanning them quickly he would choose one if it appeared better than the one he held.

“I suggest you take Master Ivan’s advice,” the mage said as he himself removed a weapon from the rack, “something will shortly be coming out of that pillar to confront us and good weapons are something that we have in short supply.”

Hefting the stave he looked it over and tucked his own in the back of his belt to lay across his back as he turned to face the pillar and prepared his mind for spell casting. He stayed near the rack of staffs, it gave him a clear path to the pillar and whatever was coming out of it.

(OOC: His Armor spell is still active on him, at least till he gets hit and takes damage, and he is clearing his mind and gathering his strength preparing for what is to come. Please let me know about the staff he takes. )



Posted on 2014-01-10 at 12:04:23.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6286 Posts


Much Better :)

With the general agreement to use the portals as the way out Crow positioned himself in the middle of the group bow up arrow nocked as they stepped through......

Into a large, empty room illuminated brightly with light, clearly magical, from the ceiling a small distance above. However besides these features Crow’s attention was at once brought around to the number of various weapons lining the walls. Wasting no time he moved to the sheathed swords grabbing first the lone long and one of the short. Positioning the swords across his back he was quickly moving to the bows when Ivan started his cry of dread.

Wasting no more time attempting to reach the bows he withdrew his two new swords and stood ready. Crow could not help smiling as he stood ready, at least now he was once more properly armed.......


Posted on 2014-01-11 at 05:31:37.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Mad Dash for Weapons

“Oh dear!” Says Ivan with a dramatic air of dread. “Not this room! This is where that thing with the claws and the fangs and the hey hey hey came out of that block there. Better arm yourselves fast dudes because we are going have company.”

As soon as Ivan says that, suddenly all the black portals in the room flicker and disappear, leaving only stone walls where they once were. You have no exits anymore.

Being one of the first of the companions to enter the room, the Knight of Holy Anger quickly looked left and then right, before breaking into a run, spurred on by the outcry of Ivan!

Gamard the Grim made a beeline to his right for the Slings and Stones!

OOC:
He grabs a Sling and Two Pouches of Stones (if he is allowed to grab two pouches ??), before breaking into a run across the room (without any hesitation) to where the Maces, Flails & Clubs are on the racks!

Securing the Sling and Stones, the Khord made a beeline for the racks of Maces, Flails & Clubs, hoping that Solanis would shine favorably upon the Knight of Holy Anger, enabling his short legs to carry him across the room, before some foe emerged from the block in the center of the room!

"Solanis ... I Thank You for Providing Weapons ... Protect Me!"

Knowing that Solanis only allowed the use of Blunt Weapons, the Khord Cleric was hoping there was enough time to properly equip himself, before any danger entered the room!

OOC:
Gamard grabs a Club (for swinging or throwing) and then grabs a Mace if time allows!

If he is able to add a Mace, he secures it into his belt, as he trots to an advantageous position in the upper right hand corner of the room, where he sets his quarterstaff and club against the wall on either side of him (quarterstaff to his left and club to his right --- as he positions himself in the upper right hand corner of the room) --- withdrawing 3 Stones so he can cast Magicical Stone upon them to defend himself and his companions with an offensive missile attack manuever!


Posted on 2014-01-11 at 20:31:59.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6086 Posts


New Toys.........

The party passed though a portal and as they all entered a room full of weapons the cat piped up, “Oh dear!” Says Ivan with a dramatic air of dread. “Not this room! This is where that thing with the claws and the fangs and the hey hey hey came out of that block there. Better arm yourselves fast dudes because we are going have company.”
Dudley noted,"Well lucky for us we can choose from such a grand selection." With that the cleric moved the wall and selected a fine looking Horseman's Mace. Dudley has been about to cast Detect Magic to indentify which Mace might be enchanted but he remember this whole place was most like made by magic and that would have negated benefit of the spell. So he just left it to chance that his Goddess would guide his choice.

While Dudley practiced briefly with his new weapon he called over to Ivan. "Say there Ivan... how did you escape this room the last time you were here with the Hey Hey Hey???"


Posted on 2014-01-12 at 02:20:11.
Edited on 2014-01-12 at 02:24:43 by Odyson

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6205 Posts


Portals and Rum

"Escape? I ran through the portal. But the portals are gone! Why are the portals gone?" Ivan whines loudly and climbs rapidly up to the top of the spear rack.

Just as everyone is picking weapons and preparing themselves - the block makes a loud clicking noise and the seams along the wall directly across from where you came in, turn white. Then the stone wall shifts and drops downwards to reveal ...

 photo fs.jpg
Three creatures, about 3 feet in height with huge claws, fangs and resembles a hyena but with oversized hind legs. They move suddenly and at an incredible speed to attack.




Posted on 2014-01-12 at 02:30:33.
Edited on 2014-01-13 at 14:18:21 by Alacrity

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6086 Posts


And Away We Go.......

Dudley heard Ivan's reply just as the column opened and three ghastly creatures emerged. One of the clawed, fanged hairy beast charged toward Dudley with a not very friendly look in its eye.

As the beast approached on him Dudley tapped himself and Grim on the head and cast Invisible to Animals. The Cid then bolted to hid behind Crow.

(O.O.C., If Grim is standing close enough Dudley will tap him also so they both vanish.)


Posted on 2014-01-13 at 18:10:58.
Edited on 2014-01-13 at 20:02:40 by Odyson

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Come here, puppy! Come on, boy! Come here! Now, play dead.

Wembley picked up a staff-sling and a pouch of stones just as the walls tumbled down and the creatures emerged.

"You weren't lyin', Ivan," the cidal says, trying to find an advantageous position. "Those are some claws."

Just then, one of the newly arrived creatures caught sight of Wembley and charged at the little rogue.

I wonder if Alan has ever seen one of these before. Bet he'd like one to examine. Hmm... wonder I might be able to capture one of them alive for him... Aha! Yes...
Wembley stood calmly, eying the approaching beast as he gathered the required mana for his spell.

"Somrak omejeval Magliti oèi
Pomirja divje in zaslepi pametno,
Spanca pešèeni tehta dol pokrove
Do vsega doloèijo svoje glave"

As the beast came near, Wembley released the magical energy. "Shhh... sleep..."

OOC: Wembley is looking to cast a "Sleep" spell on the creature.

It's weird... I feel like I've seen this picture before but as a monster in a Star Wars game.

Also, the spell phrase about is the Slovenian google translation of:

Twilight shrouds misting eyes
Calms the wild and blinds the wise,
Slumber's sand weighs down the lids
Until all around lay down their heads





Posted on 2014-01-13 at 21:23:59.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


Not what I expected.....

Mal grits his teeth as the great pillar opens, revealing three short little canine like beasts, each sporting claws bigger than seemingly possible, and each immediately leaping out at incredible speed, charging toward the more petite party members.

Growling, the Swashbuckler moves toward Gam and Dudley. Much as he feared for Wembley, He imagined the little halfling would be fine, one way or another. Luck seemed to follow the thief, and something told Mal that by the end of this, Wembley would be the only one unscathed.

((OOC: Mal won't get to Gam and Dudley this round. These things are fast and deadly, and the Swashbuckler knows that to sprint means to leave himself open. As one of the only two meat shields, I can't die yet. ))


Posted on 2014-01-13 at 22:09:00.

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


Decisions

Alôndas was ready when the door opened and 3 things burst out and attacked, though he was surprised it was only 3 smaller feral looking creatures; he expected something larger or maybe more of them. In any case; with his new staff in his left hand he began simple gestures with his right hand and muttered words of power as he chose his target. Wembley was closest to the mage, but he heard the Cidal speaking his own incantation so he figured he could handle the one coming at him. The Syl mage made a choice then, gesturing with two fingers in a shooting gesture a dart of magical energy (Magic Missile) streaked from his fingers towards the back of the creature headed towards Dudley.


Posted on 2014-01-14 at 11:57:05.
Edited on 2014-01-14 at 11:57:29 by Archangel

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6286 Posts


First to fight! First to fall?

It was just like Crows secret lover, the Lady Fate, to make him the first line of defense vs. the three creatures. With a wicked grin acknowledging her presence he moved into the attack.

Leading with the long sword backed by the short he lost no time in attempting to at least distract the three creatures long enough for the other party members to act.

Hopefully his fellow Elf, the Mage, would prove more helpful then reading a bottle of wine. If not by the look of these three creatures this group of lost adventures could be minus an Elf.


Posted on 2014-01-16 at 01:21:32.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6205 Posts


quick fight

OOC: I extrapolated Gamard's actions from his post.

As the beast move at speed toward the smaller members of the party, Crow steps forward and intercepts the closest one to him. His first attack is wide of the mark, not ready for the sheer velocity of the creature but his short sword bites deep across the chest. The beast roars in pain and stumbles, giving Crow an opening that he takes full advantage of, thrusting his newly found long sword deep into the throat of the monster and bringing it down to its death (natural 20).

Alôndas casts a fast spell as the third beast moves towards him and Wembley. He cast a magic missile which strike the beast unerringly but does not slow him down. Wembley finished his casting right after the Syl and the Beast starts to stumble and then falls to ground - asleep.

The Creature remaining moves quickly and leaps towards Dudley. The Cleric is forced to abandon his prayer for Invisibility to dodge the attacks of the creature. He is small and spry and thus keeps moving to avoid attacks successfully except for a slash across his arm that draws blood.

Mel was not sure that he could catch the beasts but despite his fears managed to reach the beast as it attacked the Cidal. He slashed it twice with his saber and the creature howled in pain. Gamard finishes his prayer and threw the magic stones. The stones strike true and the beast falls to the ground, collapsing in mid-bite towards Dudley.

The battle is done for the moment with one enemy still alive but asleep in the room.

Ivan calls from his perch above the spears, "Wow! You guys are like the Elvis of Violence!"

Before anyone can move to check the bodies or dispatch the sleeping monsters, they disappear in a "poof" of teleport. A feminine voice speaks out of nowhere saying, "Congratulations. Level 1 complete."

The lights flicker and the portals reappear.

The voice returns, "Prepare for Level 2." and as she says that, the seams turn white on the side facing the maces and daggers and the stone starts to drop.

OOC: you have a minute to do whatever you'd like before the stone drops completely.

Dudley took 3 pts of damage.


Posted on 2014-01-16 at 18:10:39.
Edited on 2014-01-16 at 18:11:31 by Alacrity

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


Level 2 of ?

Alôndas looked around at the three downed creatures and the sudden reappearance of the portals.

“That went well! Good job everyone!” he said aloud to the party.

Before anyone can move to check the bodies or dispatch the sleeping monsters, they disappear in a "poof" of teleport. A feminine voice speaks out of nowhere saying, "Congratulations. Level 1 complete."

The lights flicker and the portals reappear. 

The voice returns, "Prepare for Level 2." and as she says that, the seams turn white on the side facing the maces and daggers and the stone starts to drop.

“Well now,” he said raising an eyebrow, “seems this is a contest and unless we want to continue to the next harder level, I suggest we use one of the portals.”

Turning to the cat, “Master Ivan, do you know where any of the other portals in this room go? Anyplace safer than here maybe?”

If yes, he will suggest they take it. If not, “Well anyone want to choose one or should we stick around for round 2?”

(OOC: He says this quickly and is ready to move it they decide to leave. If they decide to stay, he will prepare for casting. On a side note; in my last post, Alôndas was aiming at the little beast that was headed towards Dudley, not that it really matters. )




Posted on 2014-01-17 at 00:17:37.

Salvator Navaar
Resident
Karma: 6/0
333 Posts


Round 2.... crap

Mal immediately answers the mage, shouting to the group in general,


"I be havin' no interest in playin' this wizard's demented games. Ivan, Lead us out, if'n you'd be so kind. And please hurry, before we all be killed by whatever monstrosity be comin' out next."


With that, he holds his saber facing the pillar, just in case they aren't gone fast enough.

((OOC: If the group has a direction to go, Mal will immediately follow, bringing up the rear so as to prevent an attack to one of the smaller group members should it come.))


Posted on 2014-01-17 at 02:00:34.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6205 Posts


You are going to let the NPC lead????????????? BWAHAHAHA

Ivan looks around in confusion. "Umm. I was running in panics dudes when i was in here. I think I ran through the portal by the bows and crossbows before and was in a throne room of sorts. Either than or the dining room with the huge undead rats. That is all I remember!!!"


Posted on 2014-01-17 at 13:46:55.

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


When danger reared it's ugly head, they bravely turned their tales and fled.

“Well anyone want to choose one or should we stick around for round 2?”

"I be havin' no interest in playin' this wizard's demented games. Ivan, Lead us out, if'n you'd be so kind. And please hurry, before we all be killed by whatever monstrosity be comin' out next." Mal shouted.

Ivan looks around in confusion. "Umm. I was running in panics dudes when i was in here. I think I ran through the portal by the bows and crossbows before and was in a throne room of sorts. Either than or the dining room with the huge undead rats. That is all I remember!!!"

Since the general consensus seemed to be to run, Alôndas nodded and turning quickly he ran towards the portal which was by the crossbows and bows.

On his way he looked at Crow and suggested, “Before you exit, you might want to grab some arrows and another bow, kinsman.”

He gestured with his New staff for the others to follow as he darted into the portal without any hesitation; after all the portals were magic and while he respected magic, he didn’t fear it. He knew it would take him someplace; it might be more dangerous than this place or better. Only time would tell.

(If they made it out)

Exiting the portal he would take a few steps to the side to clear the portal for the others. Stopping he paused to survey the new surroundings.



Posted on 2014-01-22 at 11:42:27.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.