The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members: TannTalas
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Alacrity)5e One Shot Adventure
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Fortune's Favoured Q&A
Related thread: Fortune\'s Favoured Characters
Related thread: Fortune's Favoured: Revenge of the Revenge of the Game
    Messages in Fortune's Favoured Q&A
RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00

Schnozzle
Ma' Nozzle
Karma: 36/0
653 Posts


Ok

Not bad.

If Isiah isn't all he seems, as Sehanine seems to think, sending them on their way would be very telling.


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 03:07:35.

Chessicfayth
Cheshire Cad
Karma: 101/3
1163 Posts


*fades in*

Agreed. Perhaps we pay special attention to anything he's reluctant to leave...


OTHER THOUGHTS?

*evaporates*


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 03:09:06.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1267 Posts


Good call

Yes, sending them on their way is the perfect ruse. I'm liking that direction a lot.


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 03:10:35.

Schnozzle
Ma' Nozzle
Karma: 36/0
653 Posts


Message subject cannot be blank.

Does anyone know where they're likely to come from?


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 03:15:08.

Chessicfayth
Cheshire Cad
Karma: 101/3
1163 Posts


*fades in*

Lets not get too into this until everyone else puts their two cents in.

*evaporates*


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 03:18:42.

Philosopher
Bill-osopher
Karma: 37/4
500 Posts


Two cents.

I'm game for a little conversation with my gruul. Getting Isaiah and the kids off the farm is an idea. Probably the better idea what with his holiness. Otherwise I'd suggest he may make good bait. We could ambush the horsemen whilst they tried to accost him.


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 03:32:56.

Schnozzle
Ma' Nozzle
Karma: 36/0
653 Posts


Schnozzle

Do we want to ambush them or try to parley?


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 03:34:31.

Grugg
Gregg
RDI Staff
Karma: 357/190
6184 Posts


Brief Note

THIS ROUGH TACTICAL DISCUSSION FILLS MY BEARD'S HEART WITH JOY


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 03:41:03.

Chessicfayth
Cheshire Cad
Karma: 101/3
1163 Posts


*fades in*

I'm against an ambush. We don't have enough information. Will it just be a few, like when Isiah is threatened? Or a group to make a point if they expect a refusal? From which direction do they come? Multiple?

The same problems apply to parley.... we just look slightly less foolish if that goes wrong.

And image counts for Fortune's Favored.

*evaporates*


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 03:48:22.

Schnozzle
Ma' Nozzle
Karma: 36/0
653 Posts


Schnozzle

Sehanine and Tristan need to do the talking if we decide to parley. Technically Tristan has higher CHA but Sehanine has a that whole magic fey thing going on. Relos has a similarly high charisma but the chance that his paladinity will get in the way is rather high.

I say Mal and the Paladin should flank Sehanine and Tristan, maybe walking four abreast. Calopee should hide in the field if she can, and ready her skiprocks for a ranged sneak attack. Sehanine's HP makes her little more than a flower waiting to be trampled under these guy's bootheel, so we should be prepared to defend her if things go south.


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 12:54:05.

Philosopher
Bill-osopher
Karma: 37/4
500 Posts


The plan.

I agree that Calopee should be hidden and hidden well. I'm still not convinced that the group should expose itself to attack, however, I'm relatively certain attempting a dialogue would be 'the right' thing to do. In any case, as previously established in chat last night. Some of this dialogue would be well served in character. Though I realize we may be waiting for one more update first?


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 14:20:54.

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


.

Well, I'm fairly certain Relos has the highest diplomacy if we want to talk. I can serve as the front line and the one who speaks to them about whatever the group agrees on. Btw no work today so i'll post tonight. I'm tempted not to since harassment from grugg is really fun


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 15:10:11.

Philosopher
Bill-osopher
Karma: 37/4
500 Posts


Bahaha...

I suppose there may be no stopping the paladin from a direct approach. One should be wary of Grugg though, lest you lose his mercy!


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 18:49:46.

Grugg
Gregg
RDI Staff
Karma: 357/190
6184 Posts


asdf

Harassment from Grugg is the first step toward space boulders from the toothless maw.


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 20:21:40.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1267 Posts


Talk?

I'm all for subterfuge and staying out of the way of a direct fight. Talking would be good, but what other options do we have?

I like sending Isiah and his boys to town. Not really many places to hide since we don't know which direction they will be coming from.

Most of the group is adept at lying and stretching the truth, and more likely to be able to get on with the riders than a paladin. Tristan and Sehanine would be good for parley if the aim is to try and manipulate.

On another note, maybe we let Relos go and be direct with diplomacy if he so desires. Those of us who prefer a more indirect path could use that as a distraction of sorts.

BTW: Maud's toothless maw is really going places. Better watch out, I've seen it and there is no return...


Posted on 2014-04-29 at 21:47:47.
Edited on 2014-04-29 at 21:48:33 by Nimu

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.