The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3986 registered users. Our newest member is cartermark.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Top menu broken for you? (posted by Kritika69)Top menu broken?
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Nimu)The Trilogy War
Recruitment Threads - D&D/Horror game (posted by Eol Fefalas)D&D/Horror game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Jade Regent Adventure Path
Related thread: Jade Regent Q&A
GM for this game: Okron
Players for this game: Sibelius Eos Owm, Reralae, Nyrodine Ezayo, Zeakol
    Messages in Jade Regent Adventure Path
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 59/5
1376 Posts


Ruin of a Great House

Nona kept an almost paranoid watch on the foggy stretches of trackless swamp on either side of them after the first sighting of a stalker. If she caught sight of it again, she would be using her crossbow first, asking questions later. Perhaps Fox's story about the Soggy River Monster had filled her imagination with all sorts of possibilities.

When the majestic wreck of the two-story shack came into view Nona breathed a small sigh of relief. The warden's shack was much bigger than she expected of the name, but its state of ruin and decay more matched her presumptions about the hermit's lifestyle.

She leaned over to Fox. Comfortable, three bedroom, two bath affair and a view overlooking the bay. Surrounded by natural scenery, close to the best fishing in Sandpoint. Buy now and it comes with all the furniture thrown in for free.

Alexis knocked on the door. There was a short pause before finally a scruffy halfling appeared. He was barely as tall as the the doorknob he was holding. Nona blinked. Had anyone mentioned that the warden was a halfling? She supposed there was no reason to assume he wasn't.

His gaze drifted up to Alexis. Oh, hullo. How can I help you? Im afraid I cant accept visitors today. My house is a bit of a mess, and so in no shape to entertain.
Nona wasn't sure any amount of cleaning up would make the house seem presentable for entertaining but she resisted saying so in the warden's company. She stepped passed Alexis, who seemed to be tongue-tied for the moment.

We only need a moment of your time, Mr. Proudstump. She elbowed Fox discretely, silently requesting back-up from the socialite. We're here about the goblin bounty, and common knowledge has it you are the best source for information concerning Brinestump. Besides, Nona cast a speculative glance over Walthus' head into his house, it can't be any messier than most wizards I've studied with. The sad part was, even out here in the swamp, she meant it.


Posted on 2014-07-28 at 20:11:29.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Of retail and of Foxiness

She leaned over to Fox. Comfortable, three bedroom, two bath affair and a view overlooking the bay. Surrounded by natural scenery, close to the best fishing in Sandpoint. Buy now and it comes with all the furniture thrown in for free.
"You forgot the part about being a pet friendly neighborhood. That's always a good selling point." Fox winked and whispered back to Nona.

We only need a moment of your time, Mr. Proudstump. She elbowed Fox discretely, silently requesting back-up from the socialite. We're here about the goblin bounty, and common knowledge has it you are the best source for information concerning Brinestump. Besides, Nona cast a speculative glance over Walthus' head into his house, it can't be any messier than most wizards I've studied with. The sad part was, even out here in the swamp, she meant it.
Fox nodded, giving a smile, "Is there anything you might be able to tell us as travelers going through the local area as well? Vague rumours one's ear catches in the city aren't always much help when on the trail after all." she'd add


Posted on 2014-07-29 at 18:44:46.

Okron
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 5/1
129 Posts


Alexis is Best Tank NA

We only need a moment of your time, Mr. Proudstump. She elbowed Fox discretely, silently requesting back-up from the socialite. We're here about the goblin bounty, and common knowledge has it you are the best source for information concerning Brinestump. Besides, Nona cast a speculative glance over Walthus' head into his house, it can't be any messier than most wizards I've studied with.
Walthus held the door for half a moment, looking at Nona blankly. Oh, yes, ahaha, please come in. He threw the door open, inviting the party in.

I must ask you please not to touch anything. This way. He led them into the dining room

"Is there anything you might be able to tell us as travelers going through the local area as well? Vague rumours one's ear catches in the city aren't always much help when on the trail after all."
The scruffy halfling seated them at the dining room table. Travelers you say? I havent seen any lately in the swamp myself. He started grabbing pots and throwing wood into the stove. As for goblins, oh yes, those plotters. The Licktoad tribe. Nasty buggers. Their village is just to the southeast of here, in the middle of the swamp. Just take the old fish trail, cant miss it.

Walthus filled the pot with water from a barrel and put it on the stove to boil. In fact, I suspect the little terrors are getting ready for an all-out attack!

Fox got up from her chair. Something didnt sit quite right with her. You look rather tired. One thinks you could use a hand with preparing dinner. Walthus paused and looked up from the cupboard he was rummaging in, slowly closing the door.

There hasn't been a full offensive by the goblins in a while. Sure they have been a nuisance, but one suspects that something changed then. Are they supplied with more than fireworks?

Why dont you go find out yourselves, now get out of my house! Walthus raised his voice to a shout. Suddenly his entire body wrinkled, changing colour to mottled red-and-brown. His face melted away and vanished leaving nothing but a slit and a lashing tongue.

Fox smirked. She wasnt sure what to expect, but this was an interesting response to an otherwise innocent question. She twisted her left wrist and a dagger appeared in her hand. Walthus was too slow, he only had time to try to dodge her thrust. She jabbed him with the tip of her dagger (-1dmg Rubbery Monster).

The faceless rubbery monster stumbled back away from Fox. Its movements were stiff and awkward as it backed against the wall. In its natural form it was obviously injured and incapacitated.

It turned to Alexis and slammed her with its open claw, catching her still off-guard (-10dmg Alexis 1/11). Alexis reeled from the attack as it wrapped its claw around the back of her neck (Grappled). To complete the horror, its licking and lashing tongue punched a small hole in her side, sucking her blood (-1Con).

Alexis 1/11 Grappled, -1Con (no damage)
Fox 8/8 6 darts
Nona 8/8 20 bolts
Zwei 9/9 20 arrows

Rubbery Walthus Monster: Injured, Bloodied, Fatigued, Stiff

(Off to a great start already! You thought you were the only ones with sneak attack! That said, there's no way for it to flank anymore. Good luck, anyway.)


Posted on 2014-08-12 at 22:55:04.

Okron
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 5/1
129 Posts


Flanken Sie!

Zwei removed the small sheath from his kamas blade and stepped in to the doorway to block the monsters escape. On the opposite side of the dining room, Fox ran to behind the Walthus imposter. Just as it was noticing it was surrounded on all sides, Zwei and Fox struck together.

Zweis kama sliced through the rubbery flesh of the faceless monsters torso (-10snkdmg Monster Badly wounded). Fox stabbed her dagger into the space between his shoulder and neck, severing a muscle (-5snkdmg *crit* -1str,-5dex Monster near death). The monster clutched at its neck in pain and released a gutter howl.

Alexis took advantage of the distraction, and tugged herself free of the monsters grasp without much resistance. She slipped her arm into the strap of her shield and prepared for its next attack.

The room was too crowded to unleash anything big or complex. Nona drew her dagger and stepped between the chairs. Sera! Distract him! The small bird leapt from Nonas shoulder and fluttered over the monsters head, pecking at its faceless nob (-1sub Monster). Nona slashed with her knife, but couldnt land a hit on the monster.

You have not heard the last of Volorog! it cried, hammering at Alexis with its rubbery fist. She blocked the blow on her shield, the monsters strength quickly leaving its body. It looked exhausted, and now terribly wounded. Volorog turned to the door and tried to hop past Zwei, but its coordination was even worse than it expected. It clumsily stumbled into Zwei, earning it a finishing slice (-7snkdmg Volorog Dying) that dropped it to the ground.

The creature lay bleeding for hardly a moment when a distant, feeble cry came from somewhere upstairs. Hello? Is anybody there? Is he gone?

Alexis 1/11 -1Con
Fox 8/8 6 darts
Nona 8/8 20 bolts
Sera 4/4
Zwei 9/9 20 arrows

Rubbery Walthus Monster: Unconscious, Dying, Fatigued (-2Str, -2Dex), Stiff (-10Dex), -1Str, -5Dex

(Using the critical hit deck, Fox got the piercing effect Muscle Severed normal damage, 1d6 Str and 1d6 Dex damage. Not a bad trade for 1 extra crit damage.)


Posted on 2014-08-19 at 20:31:31.
Edited on 2014-08-19 at 20:32:51 by Okron

Zeakol
Resident
Karma: 1/0
225 Posts


That was interesting, Police voice go!

As soon as the rubbery monster had fallen over and stopped moving Alexis relaxed, but that proved to be a bad idea. She turned pale and quickly ran to the window clutching her side in one hand to stop the blood flow before leaning out the window and throwing up her lunch. "Oh by the gods..." She shook her head a bit and groaned as she pulled herself back into the house. "Well aren't you glad I'm here now? That thing could have killed one of you with how hard it hit me." She looked at her side and grimaced a bit. "Ug, give me a moment to tend to this after." She kept her hand on the wound and applied pressure so the blood flow would at least stop for the moment, she had other things to tend to.

Alexis made her way up the stairs following the sound of the voice calling back out. "Yes whatever 'he' was is dead, sorry about the mess I'll help clean up after I patch myself up. Walthus? The real Walthus? come on out, I'm Alexis Gunwalder with the Sandpoint militia you're safe now." Her voice carried authority, but it was mostly gone for the moment as she leaned against a wall. She felt sick that thing had drained a little more blood then she had thought, but she forced herself to keep a straight face.


Posted on 2014-08-20 at 08:14:44.

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 59/5
1376 Posts


Horror Movie Cabin Cliche Averted.

Perfect. Nona growled.

Just great. I've always wanted to die in some gods-forsaken cottage in the middle of the swamp, murdered by some crazed hermit-alien monster! She kicked over a chair for good measure as she navigated her way through the dining room.

What she really wanted to do was try out the pattern spell itching at the tip of her tongue, but no matter how she threw it, she couldn't sling a decent cone without hitting a dead cat in here. She drew her knifestupidly, she'd left her walking stick at the door. It was time to, as they say, stab a female hound.

Sera! Distract it! Her familiar zipped from her shoulder and started fluttering about the small alien monster's head. Nona thrust her dagger at it, but this kind of combat was out of her comfort zone. All the same, Zwei and Fox tagged teamed to bring it down.

Nona looked over the corpse after she was sure it was not about to pull some kind of death ploy. I've been studying and listening to monster stories for most of my adult life, so when I say I have no idea what that is... She pushed its rubbery head to one side with her boot. It could be some kind of alien abomination. My study into the shapes of madness has been somewhat deficient.

Alexis returned from liberating the contents of her stomach. "Well aren't you glad I'm here now? That thing could have killed one of you with how hard it hit me."
Nona let Alexis have a wry smile. Indeed. Excellent work. You are simply by far the most superb meat shield on this side of the Great Beyond. Nona snarked idly, but her heart was still pumping too fast.

A small, feeble voice called from somewhere upstairs. Nona thought she remembered seeing a staircase back in the main room. She followed Alexis in going to investigate.


Posted on 2014-08-20 at 22:31:56.

Okron
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 5/1
129 Posts


In the mornin', I'm makin' waffles

"Yes whatever 'he' was is dead, sorry about the mess I'll help clean up after I patch myself up. Walthus? The real Walthus? come on out, I'm Alexis Gunwalder with the Sandpoint militia you're safe now."
Alexus and Nona went up the stairs coming into a hall with three doors at the end. The last door opened revealing a halfling man who looked familiar. He looked pale and practically hung from the doorknob. Seeing the two women, he collapsed to his knees in relief, sobbing. Oh thank mercy!

Walthus crawled to his feet. Thank you for saving my life and driving that monster off. The warden approached Alexus and Nona, catching a glimpse out the window. Its getting dark. Please, stay the night. The Marsh is no place to be outside at night. I have little to give, but I make a mean swamp rat stew.

Alexis 1/11 -1Con
Fox 8/8 6 darts
Nona 8/8 20 bolts
Sera 4/4
Zwei 9/9 20 arrows

(The time is probably little past 6 and it is getting dark)



Posted on 2014-08-29 at 22:43:27.

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 59/5
1376 Posts


�Will the real Walthus please stop bleeding?�

The real Walthus (presumed) emerged from the room at the end of the hall. Sera peeped into Nona's ear, "Nine Hells, he looks like he's just seen a�"

"A faceless rubbery monster that attempted to assume his countenance and dispense with him by draining his blood through a prehensile tongue?" Nona kept her voice low for communicating with her familiar while Alexis questioned the weakened swamp warden.

Nona returned downstairs, pausing before the corpse, still laying in the door to the dining room. She poked her head into the room over its body. "It appears we have located the real Walthus. The warden has chosen to extend his hospitality. Short of this being a far too clever ruse or an especially enthusiastic dogpile of multiple elaborate gambits, I suspect we can trust his offer is sincere."

Behind her Alexis and Walthus were supporting each other down the stairs. "Additionally, we may soon require volunteers to help remove the imposter's body from the premises before Alexis begins to dismember it."

"I hope you two like swamp rat.."

(After supper, presuming we take up the offer)
Nona pushed her bowl back. Swamp rat was surprisingly palatable after a long day trekking through the soggy marsh. She didn't even have to mask the flavour with magic.

"So, Walthus," she said. "There has to be a story here�how does a man of your stature come to own a house of this... magnitude?"


Posted on 2014-09-03 at 19:52:05.

Zeakol
Resident
Karma: 1/0
225 Posts


Headless Monster is Dead Monster.

Alexis took Walthus's shoulder and helped the weakened warden down the stairs just catching the tale end of what Nona said. "Don't bother I got it you guys just help Walthus, speaking of." She looks to the halfing as she helps him into a seat. "Could you grab clean water and the rags for me? Or at least have one of these two do it." She motions to Zwei and Nona. "If they will get it that is." She chuckled a bit, trying to keep the mood light heading over to Fox. "Here I'll need your help Fox come with me." She makes a motion with her head to the door, grabbing the creature's body as she drags it outside with a grunt.

Once outside she locates the wood cutting stump and axe, placing the creature so its neck rests on the stump. "Find a spade, dig a hole for this abomination I don't want it stinking up Walthus's house and attracting more attention for him." She hefts the ax above her head a look of determination on her face as she steadies herself and takes aim. "Back to whatever pit spawned you monster, this will make sure you don't come back for good." She swings the ax down and with a solid, if squishy, thunk, removes the monster's head.

Presuming Fox helps Alexis
Alexis pushes the monster's body into the hole then picks up it's head looking to the swamp. "No chances." She winds up and hurls the creature's head into the swamp not caring where it lands. She lets out a sigh after and cups her side and looks at her hand and frowns. "Well at least it isn't bleeding anymore, but f**k that blow he gave me hurt." She grimaces feeling her ribs, yup one was damaged. Alexis sighed again and headed back inside waiting for Fox to follow. "Thanks Fox, I appreciate the help."

If Fox doesn't help, Alexis simply tosses the head away and drags the body a short distance from the house so it doesn't cause to much trouble.
Back inside Alexis takes the rag and the bucket of water and starts cleaning the mark where she got pierced by the tongue. "Looks more like a big mosquito bite then anything, but damn it all that was annoying. Hopefully this doesn't itch like a mosquito bite." She remarks as she takes a few bites of stew in between her work. After she has the mark cleaned she feels her rib again and frowns again. "He hit me a solid one, sorry guys." She turns her attention to Zwei and fixes her eyes on him.

"I'd like to apologize for snapping at you like I did earlier. I'm used to dealing with drunks and such with back up. This is my first actual adventure and I'm a little on edge, don't want to have to return with bad news. You seem to be more versed in the adventuring arts so please, I'll happily accept any advice you can give if you're willing to share. I'd rather we put aside our little dispute and work as a team. What do you say?" She holds out her hand, the one that hadn't been cleaning or tossing monster heads around, out to Zwei hoping he accepted her apology.


Posted on 2014-09-04 at 10:47:03.
Edited on 2014-09-04 at 10:47:30 by Zeakol

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Strange encounters

Fox wrinkled her nose at the corpse of the rubbery creature as it fell to Zwei's blade, her own hand poised and ready to withdraw one of her darts if it had gotten past Zwei.

"One's ears have heard mention of many rumours, but a creature like that was not among them," She noted aloud.

It was a curious sequence of events, and Walthus was very fortunate that they had encountered his dwelling when they did.

"One is not inclined to believe in pure circumstance. This brings up a few questions that one will want to pose later," She murmured, her golden eyes surveying the dwelling, or what was visible of it at the moment from her vantage point. Their fight had disturbed it, but she wanted to see if she could spot other disturbances.

* * *

"Find a spade, dig a hole for this abomination; I don't want it stinking up Walthus's house and attracting more attention for him."
"A sound plan," Fox agreed, "The darkening sky won't be a problem either."

Fox twirled around, stepping lightly on her feet. With a flourish and a giggle, always seeking to play off of her capability to perform, she caused three spheres of blue light to ignite in the air around her. Waving her hand down, she guided them closer to the ground, so that they would not be so easy to spot from distance, and went about locating a spade to dig with.

After the body was buried, Fox put the spade back where she found it, but paused as she observed Alexis.

"Well at least it isn't bleeding anymore, but f**k that blow he gave me hurt." She grimaces feeling her ribs, yup one was damaged. Alexis sighed again and headed back inside waiting for Fox to follow. "Thanks Fox, I appreciate the help."
"One thought it would be best if we did not split up too much, but one suggests that you not aggravate your injury too much," Fox replied, "Make sure that you rest well, and perhaps we can return the favour and protect you in the meantime," She gave a warm smile and a wink.

* * *

Back inside, a warm meal was shared, and Nona began with the questions. Fox decided to wait and observe Walthus's own response to see if he had sufficiently recovered before she would add her own to the table.


Posted on 2015-12-20 at 02:21:27.

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 59/5
1376 Posts


Indefinite extended hiatus - Life Support

Nona leaned her head out of the house. “Hey, you two almost done out here? Walthus says supper’s ready!” Alexis and Fox were burying the faceless abomination in front of the house a fair way out. Walthus had insisted they not bury it in his backyard, on account of wanting to sleep again within this lifetime.

The two women worked by the light of blue spheres of light floating low to the ground around them. Nona came out to check on their progress. It was a shallow and short, befitting a headless monster. “Hmm? Who put up the lights?”

Alexis pointed at Fox. Fox giggled. Nona raised an eye brow. “Oh yeah?” She had not realized Fox could wield any kind of magic. Not that it was unusual for the odd person to pick up a simple trick here or there. “Just a tip, yellow tends to illuminate better and looks more like natural light.”

Nona popped back inside to help set the table, wondering what else she might not know about Fox. The tiny Tian was secretive for sure, but Nona realized she didn’t actually know all that much about her friend.


Posted on 2015-12-20 at 05:13:59.
Edited on 2015-12-20 at 14:07:20 by Sibelius Eos Owm

Nyrodine Ezayo
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 1/0
109 Posts


kiss and make up.... or not

Zwei looked down at the monster before him no one could see it under his scarf but a child like grin was stretched across his face and he began to twirl his Kama in his hand playfully

"tisk tisk tisk, you've gone and made my blade all dirty, heh"

[Alexis]
"Could you grab clean water and the rags for me? Or at least have one of these two do it." She motions to Zwei and Nona. "If they will get it that is."

Zwei looked to Nona " shes all yours kiddo"

With that Zwei stepped outside to clean off his blade and take a look around the house, it wasn't till a fair bit later that he returned into the door just as the rest of the party and Wathus had sat down to eat, he paused for a moment about to turn and leave but the slight rumble in his stomach protested otherwise and begrudgingly he joined the rest of the party at the table, immediately being conversed with.

[Alexis]
"I'd like to apologize for snapping at you like I did earlier. I'm used to dealing with drunks and such with back up. This is my first actual adventure and I'm a little on edge, don't want to have to return with bad news. You seem to be more versed in the adventuring arts so please, I'll happily accept any advice you can give if you're willing to share. I'd rather we put aside our little dispute and work as a team. What do you say?" She holds out her hand, the one that hadn't been cleaning or tossing monster heads around, out to Zwei hoping he accepted her apology.

Zwei raised an eyebrow at her gesture, before looking down at his food then glancing around the the rest of the party and back to her hand, with a slight amount of hesitation he took it only briefly giving it no more then a couple shakes before quickly withdrawing and removing his scarf so he could eat, showing for the first time to the group just how damaged his face was sporting several deep scars down the left side and across his mouth as well as a few less visible trailing down his neck his other wise pale cheek also showed signs of burns that had long since healed

" This is business, you don't need to apologize and you don't need to like me, like you said I'm just for the money not the companionship"

With that Zwei slowly began to eat his meal


Posted on 2015-12-20 at 16:42:16.

Zeakol
Resident
Karma: 1/0
225 Posts


Business business number numbers.

burying the monster
Alexis didn't question the lights Fox conjured out of nowhere, she knew anyone could learn magic with enough practice and such and she didn't know much about Fox besides what she had seen on the surface. As she dug in silence and got the corpse into the grave she looked a little somber before shaking herself out of it and sighing. She smirked at Fox's words slightly, waiting for the girl to turn her back before muttering under her own breath. "My job is to keep you all safe not the other way around. Heh, appreciate it though." She was hoping Fox hadn't heard her wanting to keep her thoughts out loud to herself.

Dinner Time
Alexis listened to Zwei, accepting the 'handshake' as well without a word, before she looked down and took a bite of her food. "Sounds good to me, thank you for your help with that monster." Her voice was a bit stiff but that was more from the pain in her side then anything, the clenched teeth and wince gave that away easy enough.

She glanced at Zwei and raised an eyebrow slightly at his scars. She paused for a second about to ask then decided against it as she continued to eat. It wasn't her place to question a man on his wounds.


Posted on 2015-12-21 at 23:32:36.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Fox is Fox

Alexis pointed at Fox.
Fox giggled, raising a hand to put a finger to her lips in her almost-trademark 'it's a secret' look to Nona.

Nona raised an eye brow. “Oh yeah?” She had not realized Fox could wield any kind of magic. Not that it was unusual for the odd person to pick up a simple trick here or there. “Just a tip, yellow tends to illuminate better and looks more like natural light.”
"One finds that blue is the easiest to call, but one could certainly experiment more with other colours," Fox replied with a smile, "Perhaps you could show one later what you mean."

* * *

Fox's golden eyes lingered on the marks on Zwei's face, not repulsed, nor pitying, but with a soft intrigue. Such a thing was not suited for table conversation at this time, especially considering her target of questions right now would be their host.

"Stories can be found in many places, one is curious to hear the story of this house, but one also wishes to know more about your encounter earlier. One has not heard any rumours of such a creature before from the city, and so its appearance is very curious," Fox added to Nona's posed question.


Posted on 2015-12-22 at 00:47:54.

Okron
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 5/1
129 Posts


That was one long night...

15 Gozran
Warden’s Shack
Brinestump Marsh

Alexis followed Nona back into the dining room, supporting the weakened halfling. She asked for Fox’s help with disposal of the wrinkled sack of flesh. The injured guardswoman lifted the monster’s body with a grunt.

“Just don’t bury the bastard out in the garden. And please, take it as far from the house as you can. I want to be able to sleep again in this lifetime,” Walthus said, eyeing the corpse. He glanced at Fox. “You’ll find a shovel in the storeroom. Upstairs, first door on the left.”

Walthus turned to Nona. “Would you be a dear and take care of your friend’s rags? You’ll find clean water in the pantry. I just have to see to something in the garden.” The halfling hopped off his chair, and stepped out of the dining room.

The next time Nona saw Walthus he was kneeling in the middle of a trio of vipers. He turned to see Nona standing in the door to the backyard. “Say hi to Fang, Wiggler, and Sophie. These babies saved my life,” he explained, scratching one under the chin. “Sadly that monster killed two, before I got away. I’m just glad these fellas are still safe.”

Walthus enlisted Nona’s help with preparations for supper. While eager to do it himself, the blood loss he had suffered forced him to take frequent breaks. Soon supper was ready and the group sat down around Walthus’ small table.

"So, Walthus," Nona said. "There has to be a story here—how does a man of your stature come to own a house of this... magnitude?"
“Well, it’s pretty simple, really. When I arrived in Sandpoint five years ago, I’d had quite enough adventure for one lifetime, so I bought this place off a scam artist with most of my remaining coin. Bet the guy thought he got the better of me, but I got what I wanted anyway. The isolation suits me fine, and out here most people are looking for fish, not escaped Chelish slaves.”

Walthus laughed. “She ain’t much to look at, but she’s home. Besides, my snakes love out here.”

“…one also wishes to know more about your encounter earlier. One has not heard any rumours of such a creature before from the town, and so its appearance is very curious," Fox added to Nona's posed question.
“I couldn’t tell you what his beef was. The faceless bastard came on me yesterday when I was tending to my snakes in the garden. He nearly killed me by sucking my blood, but my snakes saved me and I got away. Since then I’d been hiding out in my saferoom until you folk came along.

“There’re all manner of creepy crawlies livin’ in this swamp, and I haven’t met all of ‘em yet. Speaking of swamp critters, Nona tells me you’re fishin’ for some goblins. I’ve been out of commission for the last day, but I do know they’ve been rather more rambunctious than usual lately. I don’t think they have the stones for a full-on attack, though. Even the Licktoads aren’t that stupid, and no amount of fireworks would make them that brave.

“The Licktoads have their village at the end of the Old Fish Trail, right in the middle of the swamp. I don’t know where in the swamp the nutters got their hands on fireworks though.”

Walthus yawned loudly. “I ought to turn in and get a proper night’s rest. To let you know, there is only one guest room, but I can move some stuff in the supply room, and you are free to camp out in the living room.”

(For sleep +1 Con and +1hp Alexis)

16 Gozran
Warden’s Shack
Brinestump Marsh

At breakfast, Walthus handed Alexis a small vile of liquid. “This is for you. I found it last night after supper. Drink.” Alexis took the potion and drank it. (+7hp Alexis 9/11)

“Oh yeah! One last thing before you go.” Walthus took the cloak off his back and held it up to the adventurers, “feel free to come back anytime to rest up.”

Alexis 9/11 –
Fox 8/8 – 6 darts
Nona 8/8 – 20 bolts
Sera 4/4 –
Zwei 9/9 – 20 arrows

(The cloak is magical +1 Res if the plan changes I will edit post)



Posted on 2015-12-26 at 03:11:15.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.