1) Your attack mod and damage effect combined total cannot be more than 2x the Power Lever (or 16)... Presently, you have an Unarmed Attack mod of +8 with damage at 12 for a total of 20. You will need to decrease this by 4 by either reducing the Attack mod and/or Strength damage. The same goes for your throwing attacks.
2) Your Fortitude and Willpower defenses combined total cannot be more than 2x the Power Level (or 16). Presently, their combined total is 20, so you will need to reduce Will and/or Fort by 4.
3) Your Toughness and Parry defenses combined total cannot be more than 2x the Power Level (or 16). Presently, their total is 20. Also, the same is true for the combined total of Toughness and Dodge defenses (PL 8 = 16 combined total)... they are presently at 19.
The simple fix would be this:
- Reduce Fighting ability to Rank 4 (this also reduces Parry to rank 4 and your Close Combat [Unarmed] to rank 6)... gain 4 power points
- Reduce Dodge to Rank 4... gain 1 power point.
- Reduce Enhanced Stamina to Rank 12 (this also reduces Fortitude and Toughness to Rank 12)... gain 4 power points.
- Reduce WillPower to Rank 4... gain 2 power points
- Reduce Enhanced Strength to Rank 6 (this drops you Unarmed and Throwing damage to 10, and your effective lifting STR to 14)... gain 4 power points
- Reduce Ranged Combat [Throwing] skill to Rank 5... gain 1 power point.
Total points gained: 16 power points
16 points to spend on other stuff
Here's what your revised character sheet would look like:
Some suggestions on how to spend those 16 points:
ADVANTAGES Improvised Weapons 1 rank: Allows you to pick up and use anything as a weapon, using your unarmed attack and damage. Mostly just so you can pick up a car and smash someone with it. Cost – 1 PP
Fast Grab + Improved Grab + Improved Hold + Chokehold: Fast Grab allows you to make a free grab attack after an unarmed attack; Improved Grab allows you to make one armed grabs, leaving you with a free arm to attack... also, you are not considered “vulnerable” when grabbing an opponent; Improved Hold applies a -5 penalty to your opponent when they try to escape your holds; Chokehold also you to suffocate opponents you successfully grabbed. Cost – 4 PP
Interpose: Allows you to take the hit for an Ally near you. Cost – 1 PP
Takedown 2 ranks: Every time you incapacitate a Minion, you get another free attack against another minion. You can move between attacks as long as you haven’t spent your full movement rate yet. Cost - 2 PP
Improved Smash: No penalty when you attempt to smash an object/weapon held by your opponent. Cost – 1 PP
Startle: Allows you to use Intimidation to feint in combat. Cost – 1 PP
Fearless: You are immune to fear effects. Cost – 1 PP
Instant Up: You can stand up from the Prone position as a free action. Cost – 1 PP
If you want the Shockwave / Ground Strike Power, you have to reduce it to Rank 8... which makes the Cost – 9 PP.
A bit of Leaping is not a bad idea, if only so that you can avoid some fall damage. Rank 6 would allow you to jump 500 feet. Cost – 6 PP
- You could raise your Intimidation skill up (skills can have a total modifier bonus of 18... except for Close Combat and Ranged Combat)
- You could gain some ranks in some other skills. Athletics would seem natural for a Powerhouse. And Perception is always a good skill.
Posted on 2014-08-03 at 07:52:55.
Edited on 2014-08-03 at 07:53:24 by Ayrn
Skari-dono Icelanders! Roll Out Karma: 102/11 1514 Posts
I'm not at home for the week and I currently don't have an internet connection for my laptop (I'm writing this on my phone), so I can't really judge your characters intelligently right now. Will comment once I can compare with my books. So far everything looks pretty good.
We now have at least 3 character concepts, which is enough for us to get started. The Q/A thread will be up soon.