The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3882 registered users. Our newest member is GADS.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Nomad D2)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Hidden Depths (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
Parent thread: Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood Recruitment
Related thread: Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
RDI T-shirts!

Outrun the Dragon
Price: $18.00



RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




Sounds like a plan! You need to make a Jury Rig check for the initial window and then another for the second window. The first window will take about three minutes, working fast. The second window will be longer as there is more precision necessary in order to not set off the alarms (imagined or actual). So, the second window will take about six to ten minutes. You will also need two Stealth checks.

Update: I went ahead and rolled for you, Nomad, just so I could use the time I have now to update the game. The results are both bad and good.

Fixer jury rigs the crap outta it!

First roll to set up and break through the initial pane of the window:

Fixer: To Jury Rig: 23 (rolled an exploding 10 so we roll another 1d10 and add it to the total of 23...)
rolling 1d10 + 23 = (1)+23 = 24 (failure, but the first roll counts so this 1 isn't a bad thing.)

Second roll is for Stealth, using 4 LUCK to make it work since Fixer isn't a stealthy dude.
rolling 1d10 + 9 = (4)+9 = 13 

Here's the set up and break through of the second pane of the window:

Fixer jury rigs the crap outta it!

Fixer: To Jury Rig: 16 (rolled a 3)

Stealth check for the second pane...
rolling 1d10 + 10 = (1)+10 = 11
That was for the Stealth check on the second pane. Complete and utter failure... I'm going to use Creative Currency (6 since this is a major event) to reroll.
rolling 1d10 + 10 = (10)+10 = 20
That's better... an exploding 10!
rolling 1d10 + 20 (10)+20 = 30
Another exploding 10!
rolling 1d10 + 30 (9)+30 = 39
39 is the final result for Stealth on the inner pane.

The game has been updated!

There's a map of the building that you can check out on Roll20: CLICK HERE!



Posted on 2018-08-30 at 14:50:40.
Edited on 2018-08-31 at 15:14:19 by Bromern Sal

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




FYI - There are a couple of you that are "behind" of the furthest time stamp and separated from the main party. If you post, I will attempt to respond with a post of my own as quickly as possible to move you forward and catch you up.



Posted on 2018-08-31 at 17:31:39.

Giddy
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 9/0
123 Posts


Some quick questions pertaining to my post...

Hey guys, so a lot has seemed to happen since the beginning of the game when I first played, so I was wondering if someone might be able to provide a quick summary of what we hope to achieve in this office building. I'm pretty sure we are searching for the name of the janitors who were on duty the day that the young man (Jace was his name, right?) was taken, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, what was the gameplan upon entry? Was that discussed beforehand in game? Are we splitting into groups to look? Did we have a floorplan of the office? Do we know where exactly we need to go in the office?

Sorry, I know its a lot. I really appreciate it, as it will save me some digging around in the old posts as well as a bit of time.  

I'm looking forward to your guys' posts! Thanks a ton.



Posted on 2018-09-04 at 21:56:21.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




Well, I'm a little disappointed that there hasn't been any discussion concerning Giddy's questions. Got to admit. 

Giddy, you are correct about the goal of this breaking and entering. Additionally, it was brought up that the team makes it look like a burglary by stealing some items of value to cover their intention—something Bloodbank was initially against and the reason he was drawn away from the party to accompany Ghlahn.

Great questions as to the gameplan and no one has established a plan as of yet. So, the world is your oyster. Seeing how Vegas was originally kind of leading the group, I'm sure that the other players are looking to the NPC for some guidance, but it would be refreshing to see a player take some leadership of the party.

Also, I only had two players post since my last post, so I will not be continuing the game this morning. Thank you, Tann and Giddy for your posts. Aletheia, Espatier, Keeper, Nomad? Hola?



Posted on 2018-09-10 at 09:36:04.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2110 Posts




Not much to post for Ghalan, he is just watching and waiting.



Posted on 2018-09-10 at 12:17:41.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2201 Posts


Waiting

Normally when you ask for rolls you then send us a PM with the results fo the roll.  I was waiting for that before I posted.  I guess I will post today or tomorrow without it. 

As for a leadership roll - that isn't really how I see Fixer and since CyberPunk is really not my strongsuit I figured I'd follow more then lead.  But I have been trying to be more decisive in the last posts.  

 



Posted on 2018-09-10 at 19:56:38.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




Indeed, in the past I have rolled for you. But, Nomad, you and Espatier have been recently (and Espatier more so from the beginning) making your own rolls on Roll20 so I was expecting you to do so again. Sounds like there was an expectation on my part and no communication for which, I apologize.

Feel free to make the rolls and let me know the resulting number. I'll share with you the consequences and you can post.

Keeper, I need to know how Ghlahn is handling his latest challenge: Chain link fencing covers the gaps between the cement levels and pillars. It isn’t a difficult climb and soon, Ghlahn finds himself hanging from a chain link spacer four stories up. This is the level he can keep an eye on the crowd and maybe his companions from. There’s a small gap at the top of the fencing, between the underside of the next level and the sharp, pointy ends of the obstacle, but other than that, the only way through will be to cut.



Posted on 2018-09-11 at 10:52:25.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2201 Posts


??

Thought I did and sent them to you.  Maybe not?



Posted on 2018-09-11 at 17:50:33.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




Nomad, I sincerely apologize. I went back and looked at my PMs and you had. I'll get you the consequences tomorrow as I'm on my phone right now.



Posted on 2018-09-11 at 22:57:17.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2201 Posts


No problem

No problem on the rolls.  Time to get moving.

 

To the GROUP - a bit of information.  I can post in the thread as well, but we need some conversation.  Fixer noticed a motion sensor in the hallway.  It seems anyone stepping into the hall will set off the alarm - so we will be delaying those entrances that have been posted.  But I have no idea how to deal with it.  Thoughts?  

A few of mine....

There should be a code box somewhere to allow us to input a code to shut off the alarm. But we can't see one in the hallway, which means it won't do us much good.  Anyone with advanced vision or other senses should probably be looking carefully.

It seems to me that some alarms have delays before they trigger to allow people who screw up to hit the reset button using the code.  Any ideas how long or if such a thing is real?  

Any ideas on how to defeat a motion sensor?  Anyone got gear?  I'm gonna look at mine.  Also, do me a favor and google "defeating a motion sensor" or some such thing.  I don't know this stuff and could use some help figuring this out.  

Would the security system react differently to an alarm within the building then they would to a break-in from the outside.  (the window?)

Is it possible to intercept the alarm signal before it gets to the security company?

 

Gotta post soon.

 

 



Posted on 2018-09-12 at 18:43:39.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




Great questions to pose to the players, Nomad. Participation from those players at the scene is highly advised... and appreciated.

Keeper, I've posted an update for Ghlahn. I'm looking for description on how he's set up in the corner (lying on his belly, rifle poking out the chain link, bag to his right and under the vehicle a little... stuff like that).

Espatier, I've posted for Luther too. 

Here's to posting, meatbags!



Posted on 2018-09-13 at 13:03:39.

Giddy
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 9/0
123 Posts


Some discussion...

Yeah, Bloodbank noticed that too. Which is good, because he apparently fluffed his stealth check.

I've updated my post with the new information.

I've also got some questions of my own.

FOR THE GM: How many boxes are there. I can't tell from your message if there are two (positioned across from each other) or just one.

FOR THE GROUP: Would a more tech oriented person be able to tell what type of sensor is on the wall? Is it possible to hack into the alarm systems network and deactivate it that way if we can get close enough to a sensor?

There should be a code box somewhere to allow us to input a code to shut off the alarm. But we can't see one in the hallway, which means it won't do us much good.  Anyone with advanced vision or other senses should probably be looking carefully.

Bloodbank will look for that in particular, but I expect that would probably be somewhere near the main entrance. At least, that's where common sense would put it for me.

It seems to me that some alarms have delays before they trigger to allow people who screw up to hit the reset button using the code.  Any ideas how long or if such a thing is real?

I'm pretty sure that is only the case when you initially set the alarm for the night. At least, most alarms I'm familiar with have a timer after you set the alarm to allow you to get out without activating it off. Or a timer that would start after entering a building through proper means, i.e. not through a window we just broke through. I would bet on not having a grace period, personally.

Any ideas on how to defeat a motion sensor?  Anyone got gear?  I'm gonna look at mine.  Also, do me a favor and google "defeating a motion sensor" or some such thing.  I don't know this stuff and could use some help figuring this out.  

So, Google tells me that there are generally two types of motion sensors, one that essentially works off of heat, and one that works off of lasers. The heat one works by detecting a sudden change in the heat (i.e. a warm body walking through), the laser one works pretty much like a laser trip wire if I understand it correctly. Now, also according to Google, the laser one would require an emitter and a sensor, so maybe by looking we'd be able to tell which type it is. By the description I was given, I kinda get the impression that it's a heat sensor. 

With that assumption, we might be able to work forward. Something that immediately comes to mind is trying to find something pretty room temperature and trying to cover the sensor until we can find a way to shut off the alarm system. There are sure to be more, after all. However, that would prove difficult, as it would be nigh unto impossible to get close enough to do that, and if it was a laser sensor then that would activate as surely as us walking into the building. 

Google has other suggestions, such as moving very slowly along the wall to try and sneak through a blind spot. I don't think that's very viable, as the description given made it sound like there were no real blindspots.

Now, another thing I've noticed -- reading into how the heat sensors work some more -- is that they usually only alarm if the it detects an increase in heat. Outside in the alley, it was raining pretty hard, and I imagine it was colder out there. So, if we can large amounts of old wet carboard, or something of the sort that could be used as a covering then it might be cold enough to essentially make us invisible and allow us to find a way to deactivate it. Bloodbank does happen to have a rain tarp, which I would assume is large enough to conceal at least one person. Letting that sit in the rain for a bit may help it cool down significantly, if its not already cold or wet. Once again, that would only really work if the sensor is a heat sensor, and if it works at all like the ones we have now days.

That's all I've got, really. If there are no other ideas Bloodbank is going to suggest hiding behind a wet, hopefully cold, rain tarp and trying to get a tech oriented person in to either deactivate the alarm system or set up some sort of jury rig to block the alarm. 

Would the security system react differently to an alarm within the building then they would to a break-in from the outside.  (the window?)

If I had to make a guess then I would bet it would still have security forces swooping down into and around the building. Just a guess though, I'm no security expert. 

Is it possible to intercept the alarm signal before it gets to the security company?

From a little more Googling I would imagine that the signal would be kind of like a cellular signal sent to the security company. At least, that's how modern security systems work, so whatever the futuristic version of that would be. It is possible to block those using things like a Faraday's Cage (which is a net of a conductive metal, unless the internet is lying to me). However, I don't think that the signal would be sent from the sensor itself. According to Google, it sends the signal to a Control Panel, which then sends another cellular signal to the Monitoring Station which would alert the authorities. This being Cyberpunk, I'd be more inclined to believe that the Monitoring Station would send armed guards ready to kill us on sight, however. 

So, if we were able to get close enough, and someone had a spool of conductive wire or something, then we might be able to fashion a makeshift Faradays Cage around the sensor(s) which would prevent it from sending the signal to the Control Panel. That may work, assuming the Control Panel doesn't periodically check that it can still recieve signals from the sensors and that Cyberpunk technology hasn't progressed past the point of being vaguely similar in function to todays.

That's all I've got at the moment, thoughts?



Posted on 2018-09-13 at 16:37:17.
Edited on 2018-09-13 at 20:32:38 by Giddy

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2201 Posts


Thoughts?

Anything else guys?  None of this sounds like a decisive decision.  

Fixer does think we might have a little time to find the box.  Maybe 30 seconds.  A bit longer if lucky.  But then he'd need some time to figure out the code.  The liklihood of doing it in time seems low.  Not impossible, but low.  How would a security company react if the alarm is triggered, but quickly untriggered/reset?  This is hardly the kind of comapny with super high-tech concerns.  But I don't have many ideas.  

I do, howeveer, think we need to post quickly.  Tonight or tomorrrow at the latest so we can keep it moving.  I'm hopinh we get more ideas and contributions.  If not Fixer will just do something.  His last plan sorta worked.  



Posted on 2018-09-15 at 16:02:50.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




Vegas has nothing positive to offer. This is way outside of his wheelhouse. 

Blossom will suggest that there's the possibility she could hack the alarm system by splicing into the sensors on the window. There's a chance it could set off the alarm and will require Fixer's Electronic Security expertise and luck.

Espatier, I just edited your post with my update. Feel free to do the same.



Posted on 2018-09-15 at 21:08:38.
Edited on 2018-09-15 at 21:24:25 by Bromern Sal

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 170/114
6064 Posts


Hmmm

Not sure what Casino could add to help. Brom anything I have on my sheet that could help?



Posted on 2018-09-15 at 23:26:00.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.