The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3882 registered users. Our newest member is GADS.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Nomad D2)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Hidden Depths (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
Parent thread: Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood Recruitment
Related thread: Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




Excellent questions, Nomad.

We are now faced with internal security - in this case, the card swipe security on the door.  Fixer is in front of it and easily in a position to use his skills to deal with it.  But is it necessary?  Right now we have a control over the security information within this section and are preventing any of this information from getting outside the building.  If we just open the door and set off the alarm will Blossom's information roadblock stop that alarm from going anywhere?  If so, is there a reason not to just move on quickly and not worry about what alarms we trigger? Blossom will report that she's confident her modified Lich will be able to screen all security alerts. Since she witnessed no additional stream other than the one she attached the Lich to, as far as she can tell there are no other security feeds internally or externally. 

*Might the alarm get sent to someone inside the building? Blossom is confident that she's blocked all security feeds.

*If it does go to someone inside the building is there a reason why our previous handiwork wouldn't already have been internally received? See above.

*Is it possible to open the door without swiping a card?  Will it just be easier to open it by coding it? Despite the concern over the security system being resolved, the door is locked and the card system is what unlocks it. Fixer has the tools to do so. DC of 16 to decrypt and unlock the door.

*How long will Blossom's handiwork last?  Will it continue until some (presumably int he morning) sees the physical damage and reports it?  Is it possible (likely?) that the deception could be noticed?  Will its strength weaken over time?  Blossom's Lich will work until discovered and attacked by a different program (probably a Killer). Since Blossom isn't there to control the Lich, it will run on AI to defend its primary function.

*Does Blossom think that all of the security would go down that same line out to the building?  Or is each system separate?  Could she tell from the information flows on her original work?  See above.

Looking forward to everyone's answers/suggestions.



Posted on 2018-10-10 at 18:14:02.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2201 Posts


The Plan

Based on how I read the responses to my questions it seems to me that we should be moving with all due speed.  We still want to be quiet and not make more of a mess then is absolutely necessary since we don't know about on site personell, but in general we can move quickly and not worry about alarms.  In the case of this first door, it seems likely that overriding the lock will be the fastest option rather then trying to break it down.  (And quieter)   So I will roll and post for that - probably tomorrow - Thursday.  

But past that we need to prepare for encountering someone and we need to think about how to best move quickly.  Alarms are not a big concern right now.  Silence, speed and the ability to open doors are.  Move out!



Posted on 2018-10-10 at 22:01:13.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2201 Posts


Doors

Am I right in thinking that it might be easier to unock the door then to force it?  Or that it won't just open?  



Posted on 2018-10-10 at 22:03:28.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




Quieter and cleaner, yes. Someone could likely kick the door in or break the glass and be quicker but most certainly not quieter.



Posted on 2018-10-11 at 11:02:57.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2201 Posts


peekabo

Fixer will try the door (and likely fail).  In the meantime it looks like there is a corner just past the door - someone needs to peek around the corner and see what they can see.  



Posted on 2018-10-11 at 17:13:29.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




Excellent post, Giddy. +1 CC!

Nomad, I've also given you +1 CC for your contributions in attempting to get this figured out. I'm looking forward to your post.

Still need posts from Tann and Altheia.



Posted on 2018-10-12 at 16:49:51.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




This is a busy week for me at work so I will be working on the next post over the remainder of the week and possibly into the weekend. Sorry for the delay.



Posted on 2018-10-16 at 10:37:51.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




I was boondocking in Southern Utah on Native American Holy Ground. No Internet access. I've also got a really busy beginning of the week. We have a big launch happening on Wednesday and I've got a lot to prepare before then. I will still hope to find time to post but it will likely be later towards evening times.



Posted on 2018-10-22 at 12:04:11.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




The game is updated. 

I stopped where I did for those inside the building in case there are any objections to the stealing. 

Keeper, Ghlahn's in a bit of trouble. Please provide me with the following scenarios as you post: 

  1. How he's going to attempt to avoid the security team if he is even going to try.
  2. If he's engaging with the security team (I realize he doesn't know numbers yet) then what his plan of attack is.
  3. What's his plan of defense if needed?
  4. What's his full retreat plan, if needed?
  5. If he's going to attempt a non-combat solution, how you hope to play that out.

Espatier, you can role-play out some Streetdealing and make a roll if you'd like. We can work all of that out through PM.



Posted on 2018-10-23 at 20:17:03.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 170/114
6064 Posts




Brom I know I'm running behind on a post but should have one up by tommorrow night.



Posted on 2018-10-27 at 04:40:30.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




Excellent.



Posted on 2018-10-28 at 17:04:29.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




The game has been advanced. 
 
Espatier, Charlie is now the furthest ahead in the timeline, so feel free to post up something that slows things down for him a bit until we can get the others resolved.
 
Keeper, I've provided you with a map on Roll20.net. I don't know if you're already a part of that site or I've added you to the game there as a player, but if you need me to just let me know. Combat hasn't started yet. Your call as to whether or not it does. At least for the time being.
 
I need to resolve Ghlahn's situation before I can let everyone else know what the results are.  In other words, we have some room for conversation, discussion, etc. amongst the group as Keeper and I work through the challenge Ghlahn is now facing.
 
Giddy, I've continued the story assuming that Bloodbank will accept Blossom's explanation, not necessarily knowing any better. Feel free to call us back to that point if you disagree.
 
Without communication with overwatch, Vegas is concerned about walking out onto the street when he knows that a huge security team was just down the block and doesn't know what the outcome is. He'll express the concern if pressed. 
 
I'm looking forward to everyone's next post.


Posted on 2018-11-02 at 16:27:10.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




I have two posts... need some more!



Posted on 2018-11-06 at 15:18:35.

Espatier
Regular Visitor
Karma: 0/0
62 Posts


post coming

I'll try to clean up the one that is in draft sometime tonight after work!

 



Posted on 2018-11-08 at 10:14:09.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3618 Posts




Looking forward to it.



Posted on 2018-11-09 at 11:04:04.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.