The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3861 registered users. Our newest member is phantomwarrior99.
Online members: TannTalas, SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nimu, Chessicfayth
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Talynthar)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Recruitment Threads - Trilogy restart recruitment. (posted by Nimu)Trilogy restart recrui...
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by dragon-soul92)LLE - WoT Game
Common Room - RDINN Feature Updates/ Suggestions/ Bugs (posted by Chessicfayth)RDINN Feature Updates/...
Q&A Threads - Paranoia: Commies Q&A (posted by breebles)Paranoia: C Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 5 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Cyberpunk --> Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
Parent thread: Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
GM for this game: Bromern Sal
Players for this game: TannTalas, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Giddy, Aletheia, Espatier
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 169/114
6035 Posts


Firm in my call

Night City Regional General Hospital, Emergency Room | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 2:46 AM PST Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)


“Don’t tell me you’re still clinging to that pathetic story expecting Militech to come sweeping in here and save you?” Leader’s voice changes to a decent mimicry of Casino’s deep rumble. “They are not here, but I am and I will kill you right here and now. So stop being f***ing brave, loyal, or what ever else you want to call it, and just end the old fart.” Leader switches back to his tenor. “Do the deed, Mr. Metalhead. Then you can walk. We’ll let you go right after you put a bullet through this guy’s head. You can walk down one of those hallways and not look back.”

Continuing to look at the leaders eyes through his mask totally ignoring 1 and her submachine gun, Casino smiles.

“Like I said, no. I only kill when I’m paid to do it and you ain’t paid me. Plus if you want this guy dead so bad why don’t you do it? Why have some low life runner like me do it who you, or more likely your bitch, is gonna kill anyway. Why? Its easy your scared. Not so much of this guy lying helpless in a hospital bed, but whoever he is, whoever he works for, and whoever his friends are. If I kill him and you ACTUALLY do let me walk then I leave here with new unknown enemies and a big red bulls eye on my back. No thanks. At least if you kill me I know your ass will be hunted by this guy’s crew, Miltech and Arasaka and in the end you and your posse end up as dead as me.”

Turning to 1 Casino just smiles.............


Posted on 2017-03-23 at 16:19:36.
Edited on 2017-03-28 at 17:51:25 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2087 Posts


the "plan"

Ghlan heard the others discussing the plan. His ears perked up when he heard his name and laughed at the claim he could shoot the wings off a fly at the distance to the camera. "More like I could shoot the parasites off the fly's wing. Anything less and why bother to call yourself a sniper." he thought. He knew his plan; shoot the camera. Let the others make a run for it to the building and do their thing while he made sure the expected security guards posed no problems. But he knew the others would never agree to killing. Why they cared so much he couldn't figure. For now, he kept quiet and watched.


Posted on 2017-03-23 at 18:40:36.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


What About Casino?

Vegas waited for the others to share with the group their private inventory, while the dapper solo pondered the fate of his separated partner.

'What About Casino?'

Thoughts were pounding in his brain. Vegas still carried the uneasy feeling about this school, but it was far too late for him, or any of the others, to turn back now.

He was counting on his partner Casino to do what he did best, without tipping off the authorities about his group affiliation, or the details of their gig as hired guns.

Knowing Casino and his penchant for attracting trouble, the fedora wearing Frank Sinatra look-alike was becoming ever more aware of a gnawing anxiety eating away at his stomach lining.

Vegas was not so sure that he would ever see his partner alive again; especially since the gun toting solo was not so sure that he himself would ever exit the school grounds alive!

He had already determined in his mind that he would lay down his life for the beautiful Asian that had smitten his heart, whether or not the current mission was a success, or a failure!


Posted on 2017-03-24 at 01:15:58.

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


A possible idea?

Turning to Blossom, Echo says with a determined look, "I may have an idea. The device you use to scramble the cameras - is it something that just plugs into a port and press a few buttons? Because I'm done with sitting her gettin' colder and wetter, I need to move. I will sneak to the admin building, you boys watchin' my six", she says, nodding to the guys, "and I'll hook up the interference."

(If she can quickly learn the device, then she will say the following and sneak her way across the compound, formulating a story of early morning walk if she is caught by the guards. If she cannot work the device w/o Blossom, she will sneak to the admin building, look for an unlocked door/window, signal the others, and then go cause a distraction worthy of her school knowledge)

She removes the large guns from her shoulders and hands them and their respective ammo to Ghlahn, saying, "I know we're not close pals, but we're in this together and I'd be much obliged if you'd hang onto these for me. Use 'em if you gotta", she added with a wink.


Posted on 2017-03-26 at 23:44:05.
Edited on 2017-03-27 at 08:08:59 by Aletheia

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2087 Posts


.

Ghlahn took the guns from Echo. "We certainly are in this together. I'll keep these safe for you. Although I would certainly use them if I need them, if I need them most of you are in real trouble. Good luck."


Posted on 2017-03-27 at 18:08:13.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3585 Posts


Gunfight at the Night City Emergency Room | Across the Compound

Night City Regional General Hospital, Emergency Room | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 2:56 AM PST Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

“Don’t tell me you’re still clinging to that pathetic story expecting Militech to come sweeping in here and save you?” Leader’s voice changes to a decent mimicry of Casino’s deep rumble. “They are not here, but I am and I will kill you right here and now. So stop being f***ing brave, loyal, or what ever else you want to call it, and just end the old fart.” Leader switches back to his tenor. “Do the deed, Mr. Metalhead. Then you can walk. We’ll let you go right after you put a bullet through this guy’s head. You can walk down one of those hallways and not look back.”

Continuing to look at the leader’s single monocle of his mask while temporarily totally ignoring 1 and her submachine gun, Casino smiles.

“Like I said, no. I only kill when I’m paid to do it and you ain’t paid me. Plus if you want this guy dead so bad why don’t you do it? Why have some low life runner like me do it who you, or more likely your bitch, is gonna kill anyway. Why? It’s easy; you’re scared. Not so much of this guy lying helpless in a hospital bed, but whoever he is, whoever he works for, and whoever his friends are. If I kill him and you ACTUALLY do let me walk then I leave here with new, unknown enemies and a big, red bullseye on my back. No thanks. At least if you kill me, I know your ass will be hunted by this guy’s crew, Miltech, and Arasaka and in the end you and your posse end up as dead as me.”

Turning to 1 Casino continues his smile, a move that nearly costs him his life. Amped up reflexes and a little bit of luck give the large solo the only break he’s had all night. Leader uses what he thinks is the blond solo’s distracted position to bring his submachine gun to bear, but the leather trench coat wearing runner is fast even without the cybernetic boosts and with them, he’s dangerous fast.

Blinding speed levels the Dai Lung Magnum handgun he had retrieved from Riggs’ body and the slide reacts to the trigger pull. The only round available to the runner burns through the barrel and strikes Leader in the chest just above the collarbone staggering the terrorist back into the curtain. Despite being off balance, Leader fires a three round burst and Casino leaps towards 1, throwing the handgun at the woman causing the bullets coming his way to spray the wall behind him. 1 twists to the side and raises her right arm to defend the incoming pistol and it catches her on her armored right forearm.

Recovering from the shock of being shot, Leader adjusts his aim and pulls the trigger only Casino is still in motion and the not lead flies into the wall passing close enough that he can hear the whistling warning of the projectiles. Face-to-face with 1, Casino ducks under the barrel of the H&K MPK-11 she’s wielding just as she pulls the trigger and mentally activates his bracers, the nanite-generated metal plates quickly spreading out from his forearms over his hands. Behind her, the solo can see 2 sweeping the curtain the rest of the way aside but quickly determines that he isn’t an immediate threat with 1 and Leader between them.

Striking with both hands forward in a thrust-punch, the solo mentally activates the contact taser within his left bracer. Energy rips from the cybernetic implant and drills into the small woman’s body causing her to immediately convulse. Staggering backward towards 2, the MPK-11 leaves her hand and falls towards the edgerunner who, in a smooth moment the holovid action heroes would be jealous of, snatches it from the air and spins it about to his advantage. Leader’s second in command falls into 2 spoiling his aim and keeping him from firing. Approaching from across the room, still with Leader between them, is 3, weapon raised ready to engage.

Now armed with a H&K MPK-11 heavy submachine gun, Casino twists his body to the right to face Leader while sliding a step further out of the emergency room booth. Again, the burst from the SLG’s leader’s submachine gun whiz past the armored gunman and slam into the wall to his right. Black garbed 2 uses his knee to force the fallen 1 from leaning against him as she goes down and allows her to tumble to the floor in a jumbled mess while he struggles to right his weapon. Meanwhile, 3 is moving with determined quickness to a better angle with which he can also engage.

Assessing the threats with alacrity, Casino decides in a nanosecond that he wants to remove Leader from the face of this earth. Perhaps it is a bit emotionally driven, but he doesn’t have time to perform a self-analysis as he pulls the trigger of his newly acquired weapon. All three of the armor piercing rounds strike the man’s upper right thigh into the hip. Satisfying blood spurts from the wounds as Leader screams in pain, his body swiveling back with the impact and falling to the floor, the weapon in his hands skittering a few feet from his outflung hands.

Too late, Casino caught 2 out of the corner of his eye firing. He turns in an attempt to take care of the threat, but receives the rounds straight to his chest. Impact after impact after impact so swift that it feels like a single punch to the left of his sternum. He staggers backward a single step, still able to retain his footing and swallowing the sudden lack of air that had been driven from his lungs while at the same time knowing that his armor had protected him even from armor piercing rounds.

At 2’s feet, 1 stirs and groggily starts to pull herself to her knees. With Leader down, 3 opens fire as well but is wide and high as he’s still moving and Casino has been forced back a bit. 2 is closest and has already shot the hulking solo which makes his next target an easy choice. Hot lead flies. Blood sprays from 2’s left arm and the soldier spins in his attempt to dodge the attack. Cycloning to the floor, 2’s submachine gun is thrown towards the nursing station where it strikes the front of the desk and hits the floor.

Glancing at 1, Casino see’s that she’s now got her bearings, realizing that he has her weapon she’s unholstering the Browning Hi-Power 9mm at her hip and as he adjusts his sights on 3, the last of the Soil Liberation Group’s soldiers in the emergency room fires off another burst. Casino doesn’t even need to adjust his position as these rounds go over his head. Leveling the MPK-11 at 3, the blond killer fires off another three round burst that strikes the terrorist dead center mass. 3 stumbles, but is still on the move.

Two loud handgun reports echo throughout the room followed immediately by cries of fear from some of the other patients whose curtains are keeping them from seeing the action. Ducking and stepping away from the wall and further into the emergency room towards where 1 is kneeling with her handgun pointing right at him, Casino somehow manages to not get shot again. His breathing is still difficult but his pain editor has made it so that he isn’t feeling either his arm or the bruising to his chest.

Advancing and stepping to the side saves the edgerunner from 3’s attack and positions him such that he catches sight of Leader sliding across the tile floor towards his submachine gun leaving a smear of bright red in his wake.

Returning his focus to 1, Casino unloads a three round burst and smiles grimly as the rounds take her through the chest, drilling through her armor as though it were butter, causing blood to spurt outward as she falls backward over one leg the other thrust out before her inert body.

Quickly looking back to Leader, the edgerunner see’s that the man has barely reached his weapon. Movement out of the corner of his eye draws the big man’s attention back to 2 just in time to dive forward and attempt to roll. While he avoids being shot again, he does land heavy on his wounded shoulder and even the pain editor can’t keep the discomfort from registering and he tumbles into a kneeling position. Placing 2 rising to his feet about two meters from the nurse’s desk and his submachine gun, Casino quickly spots 3 as he fires at where the solo had been a nanosecond before and dives over the desk. Leader is now behind the edgerunner. Not a good position to be in but sometimes combat forces a person’s hand.

Figuring Leader to be the bigger threat, Casino spins on his left knee and levels his weapon at the terrorist just as the black clad soldier is raising his reacquired submachine gun at the trench coat wearing solo. The blond solo is first to fire and Leader jerks to the right, falling on the arm holding the weapon he had just recovered, blood spattering the floor.

Expecting 2 and 3 to continue their attack, Casino lunges backward and in a fluttering of leather hits his back and slides while attempting to point the submachine gun at 2, whom he knows is standing in front of the desk while 3 has gone behind it for cover. Sure enough bullets scream and impact the floor where he had been, but pulling the trigger on his own weapon does nothing and the solo realizes that he’s out of bullets.

Dropping the heavy submachine gun, the runner executes a kip up, his leather trench coat billowing out behind him as he immediately sprints for 1’s body. Bullets tug at his trailing coat as 2 opens fire with his submachine gun but Casino’s motion saves him again. Leaping forward, Casino drops into a slide that takes him right into 1’s body, but his attempt to grab the Browning Hi-Power from her hand is foiled by the collision.

A groan from back the way he had come tells the large solo that Leader is coming around again and a harried glance at 2 shows him dropping the magazine from his weapon and simultaneously slamming another into place, reloading. There’s no sign of 3 for the moment giving the edgerunner just enough time to pry the handgun from the dead woman’s grip and bring it to bear on 2. Pulling the trigger twice, fast, he see’s the soldier jerk as the rounds strike him in the chest causing him to arch his back over the desk and then fall forward face-first onto the ground.

More gunfire erupts from the direction of the lobby and Casino can assume that the police have stormed the room. But he’s got his own fight to tend to in the emergency room and the SLG’s armor is causing him stress. Out of the corner of his eye, Keith Story, aka Casino, see’s Leader weakly raise the submachine gun and fire into the ceiling over the edgerunner’s head while at nearly the same time, 3 has emerged over the desk and fired his own weapon past and into the floor behind the solo.

Quickly turning his borrowed handgun on 3’s position, Casino puts two rounds into the desk in front of the man. Rising, he charges towards 2’s position and the submachine gun moving him out of the line of fire just as 3 opens up again. Leader is reloading, slowly, pathetically, obviously fighting the condition he’s in. More gunfire from the lobby and Keith makes a split second decision not to repeat the slide move that had fouled up the retrieval of the handgun and instead, fires two more rounds at 3’s position just before he drops the gun and scoops up the newly reloaded submachine gun.

Spinning about to face his enemies, Casino can find no sign of 3, Leader has fallen backward and is sprawled out on the floor, and 2 is sprawled out at his feet. Gunfire still ensues back in the lobby, but it would appear that at least for the moment, Casino is triumphant. With 2’s weapon in hand, the large solo quickly points the barrel over the desk and leans into the view ready to pull the trigger. But rather than finding a hiding opponent, he discovers two bodies. Nurse Altruist’s and 3’s. His last two rounds had ripped out 3’s throat. Looking quickly back at 2, he can see that the man has passed out but still lives and there’s a barely perceptible motion of Leader’s chest rising and falling indicating life in him yet as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

West 43875 St. 52 High -- Sewage/Runoff Drainage System | Night City Integrate | High City | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 3:55 AM PST
Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghlahn can faintly hear the others discussing the plan. His ears perked up when he picks up his name and he laughs to himself at the claim that he could shoot the wings off a fly at the distance to the camera. More like, I could shoot the parasites off the fly's wings. Anything less and why bother to call yourself a sniper, he thinks, his focus still on the tunnel ahead of him. He knew what his plan would be: shoot the camera. Let the others make a run for it to the building and do their thing while he made sure the expected security guards posed no additional problems. But he knows the others would never agree to killing the sec-team. Why they care so much about the lives of others he can't figure. Putting the thought aside for now, he keeps quiet and watches.

Vegas waits for the others to share with the group their private inventory, and ponders the fate of his separated partner. What About Casino? Concerned thoughts were pounding in his brain. Vegas still carries the uneasy feeling about this school, but it is far too late for him—or any of the others—to turn back now. He is counting on his partner, Casino, to do what he does best without tipping off the authorities about his group affiliation or the details of their gig as hired guns. Knowing Casino and his penchant for attracting trouble, the fedora wearing Frank Sinatra look-alike is ever more aware of a gnawing anxiety eating away at his stomach lining. He’s not so sure that he will ever see his partner alive again; especially since the gun-toting solo was not so sure that he, himself, would ever exit the school grounds alive. He is determined that he will lay down his life for the beautiful Asian that has smitten his heart whether or not the current mission is a success or a failure and hoped that he wouldn’t have to, but that he and Casino could save the kid, save the mission, and ride off into the sunset with the girl.

Turning to Blossom, Echo says with a determined look, "I may have an idea. The device you use to scramble the cameras—is it something that just plugs into a port and press a few buttons? Because I'm done with sitting here gettin' colder and wetter. I need to move. I will sneak to the admin building, you boys watchin' my six", she says, nodding to the guys, "and I'll hook up the interference."

“Doesn’t work that way,” Blossom casts a shadow on the plan. “It’s a program, a virus that I programmed a couple of years ago. I have to jack into the system either live wire or across wifi to infect it with the virus.”

“Well, Echo’s the only one who’s presented us with any kind of plan,” Bloodbank comments much more dryly than the wetness of the sewer tunnel should allow. “I say we go with it.”

It doesn’t appear that any of the others are willing to share as Vegas had requested, so the dapper solo dismisses the idea and seconds Bloodbank’s suggestion. “All right, so, Echo will take Blossom up along the fenceline here,” he points to the fence area in the holographic map that is still displayed on the netrunner’s holographic emitter, “until the trees. Then you’ll use the trees to provide you with some cover and cross the grounds to here.” The solo points to the northwestern corner of the gym. “Echo will plant her virus and give us the go ahead when the cameras are rendered black. We’ll join you two dolls there at the corner and we’ll sneak our way to the admin building. Ghlahn can cover our six and our way out. Sound good to everyone?”

“I’ll get Ghlahn,” the medic answers by way of agreement and immediately leaves the circle to retrieve the sniper.

Blossom shuts down her viewscreen and stands, adjusting her bag over her shoulder to a more comfortable position. “Looks like you an’ me are going for a stroll, cutie pie,” she smiles brilliantly at the leather clad nomad.

“Hey,” Bloodbank catches the sniper’s attention with a quiet call and motions him to join them once he’s about four meters from the man.

Now that the medtech and the thin, red-headed rifleman have returned, Echo offers her large rifle to Ghlahn, saying, "I know we're not close pals, but we're in this together and I'd be much obliged if you'd hang onto these for me. Use 'em if you gotta." she adds with a wink.

Ghlahn takes the gun (a Nomad 7.62 Bolt-Action Rifle and four boxes of ammo) from Echo. "We certainly are in this together. I'll keep these safe for you. Although I would certainly use them if I need them, and if I need them, most of you are in real trouble. Good luck."

The group of wet and grimy edgerunners wait for a couple more minutes while Fixer removes the last bar and then climbs down the ladder to face them.

(OOC: I’m making an assumption here that Fixer will tell the group about the patrol with the dog. If he doesn’t, let me know and I’ll change this up.)

Informed and ready to move, Echo is the first up the ladder as the water courses over her arms, pressing the leather of her duster against her flesh, spilling into her shirt and billowing it out over the leather corset she wears. It’s cold and chills her to the bone but she presses up and then belly crawls through the liquid into the open, polluted air of the compound. Her adaptive nano tech protects her from having to wear a mask, but she has pulled her brick red colored balaclava over her face to hide her features. Her idea to use the trees, to take Blossom and get her close, it felt right, like the best idea available to them. So, she scans the courtyard and seeing no threat of discovery from the security company, she pulls herself into a sopping wet crouch and motions the small Asian woman out.

Echo is not at all pleased with the shower she receives as she follows the nomad into the dark night. The water is everywhere, soaking everything, and there’s not a thing the netrunner can do about it. Crunching the candy in her mouth into bits, she takes out her frustration on the lollipop. Her bare knees in the mud next to Blossom, she touches the woman’s shoulder to let her know she’s ready to go.

Taking her submachine gun in hand, Echo feels it come alive for her, recognizing her touch and sending a sensation of pleasure not unlike the greeting of a very happy dog for its owner. The MP2020 is practically a part of her, it’s familiar scent strong in her nostrils, comforting and assuring.

The two women creep along the wall embraced by the shadows and moving slowly in the hope that those watching through the cameras won’t be able to tell them apart from the darkness. No sudden movements. Nothing to catch their attention. Then, with the trees between them and the buildings, the two make a quick sprint to the backside of the trunks.

Again, Echo peers around the compound. This time her view is much different. She can see between the buildings, between the sports hall, the admin building, the changing rooms building, all the way across the well-lit parking lot to the wall. The Sports Hall is huge and the changing rooms building is nestled in the crook of its towering frame. The admin building is smaller than both and along the back wall, the wall facing their position, there’s a single glass and metal door that will make a good point of entry. The problem being that if Echo were to lead Blossom directly to the door their companions would have the gym blocking their view and they couldn’t signal the others forward. Not to mention that it is a greater distance across open grounds than to the corner of the Gymnasium.

Taking her time to survey their surroundings, the brown-haired, masked woman finally determines that the only threat at this point is the cameras. Giving the netrunner the signal, the two women sprint towards the closest corner of the Sports Hall, hoping that luck is on their side and those monitoring the camera won’t be looking at that moment.

Now, at the corner of the gym, Blossom immediately sets about her task drawing out her keyboard from her bracer and typing away with one-handed shortcode while Echo and her submachine gun stand watch over her.

“I’m in,” Blossom whispers barely loud enough for the nomad to hear over the torrential rain. “Wifi system… decent defenses… broke through… planting the virus now.” A moment passes. “Done. It seems to be working.”

Echo motions to the others and Vegas emerges looking completely out of place like some well-dressed undead rising from the grave. He runs towards them followed by Bloodbank and then Fixer, leaving Ghlahn in the darkness of the sewer.

“That door will get us inside,” Blossom points towards the door at the back of the admin building that Echo had seen and without hesitation, the group rushes towards it.

Perched at the top of the ladder, weapon at ready, M’haru Ghlahn scans the scene before him and pauses. His vantage point isn’t the greatest with most of the compound obstructed by the Sports Hall, but he is able to see a brief reflection of a bouncing light to the left and immediately is able to deduce that the plan has gone awry. The security personnel monitoring the cameras must have seen the others and called the patrols. That bouncing light that he only caught a momentary glimpse of before the pool that was reflecting it lost the angle could only mean that a patrol is on the way to intercept the edgerunners.


Posted on 2017-03-31 at 13:49:45.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2087 Posts


trouble this way comes

As the others made their way to the building, Ghalan took up watch at the top of the ladder. Although it was too low to offer a great vantage point it did offer excellent cover. He had just settled in when a brief glimmer of light caught his eye. It seemed the camera had seen more than the group hoped. A bouncing light could only mean one thing; a security patrol. "Well that plan went to s*** quick." he thought. There was no way to warn the others without giving away his position and that suited him just fine. It seemed that he would get a chance to test out the borrowed weapons. He planned to eliminate the patrol or barring that, at least draw them in his direction. His job was to keep the others safe using any means necessary and perhaps even a few means no quite necessary but simply enjoyable.


Posted on 2017-04-01 at 17:54:14.

Vesper
Resident
Karma: 20/12
325 Posts


Door.

A bead of sweat ran down the runner's forehead as the high pitch of the saw finished making it's way through the final bit of the last bar that barricaded the group's way. The instrument's high pitch ended as it retracted back into the bracer. Fixer quickly made his way back down the ladder to garner what kind of plan they had formed.

"So, patrols about. They've got canines," Fixer spoke directly to the point. Though they did not seem to be attentive much to their patrols, they could still prove to be dangerous.

Echo and Blossom are the first two up and ladder and out of the sewer. Plan was for the netrunner to upload a virus to disable part of the security system without making it seem disabled. He did not understand the particular specifics of it, but that did not worry him much. If they could all get past the security systems without drawing attention to themselves then all the better.

Painstaking moments passed by as Fixer waited at the bottom of the ladder waiting for the duo of women to be done with their task. Seemed like an eternity as he relied on somebody else to do their task. A brief shout from Vegas signaled to those in the sewer that he was taking off at the signal that the two women were finished. The medic was next and followed shortly by Fixer himself. Ghlahn was left behind in the sewers for overwatch - their guardian angel.

The hood of his jacket was up, his mask in front of his face to filter out the air's pollutants. Fixer's gauntlet's, forearm bracers, and upper arm bracers were all activated at this point. He knew this was getting into dangerous territory. Rain pelted down on the techie and ran off of his clothing. His boots splashed down into the rain soaked ground as he darted across the open ground to where the rest of the group rested.

“That door will get us inside,” Blossom points towards the door at the back of the admin building that Echo had seen and without hesitation, the group rushes towards it.

"Let me have a look at it, I can get us in it," Fixer spoke up and moved to the front of the group in an assumption that the door would be locked.


Posted on 2017-04-05 at 02:41:22.

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Oh boy . . .

“That door will get us inside,” Blossom points towards the door at the back of the admin building that Echo had seen and without hesitation, the group rushes towards it.

"Let me have a look at it, I can get us in it," Fixer spoke up and moved to the front of the group in an assumption that the door would be locked.

As Fixer moved to work the door, Echo turned to keep watch just in case someone had seen them cross the schoolyard. She didn't want to take any chances or be sloppy in her work. She hoped the man would be quick, she wanted to get out of the rain. She was wet, a bit chilled, and just this side of cranky, but she needed to take care of an issue weighing on her mind, and keeping her off-point.

Briefly turning to her, Echo swallows with a bit of nervousness and whispers to Blossom, "Yes, I was private school once, but that was a long time ago. If we get through this and can have a sit-down, I'll tell you a story of a rich girl turned street."

Echo hoped the netrunner would recognize her subtle offer of friendship. She really liked the little Asian, and she reminded her so much of a friend she once had, back when her life was much, much different. Putting her musing aside, she focused on the job at hand, glad to have made that step.


Posted on 2017-04-09 at 03:15:37.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


The Way You Look Tonight

Funny thing about self-doubts and second guessings, when a person gives into introspection that gnaws at the inner gut, like Vegas had been doing, while Fixer cut through the bars: When it is all said and done and time for action, it is the years of training and discipline that kick into high gear, banishing the fears and doubts into the hidden vaults of the inner recesses of the mind.

Such was the case with Vegas, as Fixer cut through the last remaining bar. The warning of a patrol and canines was all the Frank Sinatra look-alike needed to hear. Now he was clear headed and harbored no lingering thoughts of his own death and demise, nor was he afraid or apprehensive about what was to transpire within the school grounds.

Neither did he protest when Blossom and Echo took the lead enroute to their destination on the school grounds. Under better circumstances, the Dapper Solo would have enjoyed the view, but the driving rain shower and water-soaked grounds dampened his lust for the Asian netrunner.

Dampened ... mind you ... but not totally eliminating his lust for the Asian beauty, especially since she and Echo had seemingly taken charge. Her taking charge of this operation greatly enhanced his desire for the lovely Asian.

Not only that, but watching her in action compelled The Chairman to do his utmost to protect her and see their assignment through to completion. Perhaps a bit of romance would be his reward?

So when Echo motions them to join the two females at the gym, it was Vegas who led the charge, outracing both Bloodbank and Fixer to join the two women.

Then Blossom pointed to the door at the back of the admin building, as she declared: "That door will get us inside." The group rushed forward as if they were one entity with one mind and one purpose; that is, until Fixer boldly moved his way to the front of the group with the intent of gaining access through the door that he considered to be locked.

Vegas noted that Echo took action to stand guard in case their presence on the school grounds had not gone unobserved. Her action caused a grim smile of admiration for her quick thinking to spread across his lips and face.

Therefore, the Dapper Solo secured his guns, as he took up a defensive position on the opposite side of the group (from where Echo had stationed herself to stand watch).

Then checking his left hand bounty bracer, the Classic Crooner made sure his taser and gas sprayer were at the ready to repel any resistance to the party gaining access to the school.

On the other hand, Vegas made ready with his weaponry on his right forearm, namely the Anti-CEE bracer with the Arc Thrower - EMP pulse to shock or knock out any opponent.

Vegas took one last longingly look at Blossom, freshly etching her lovely shape in his mind, before turning his full attention to searching the landscape for any unwanted patrols or canines.

However, although the Dapper Solo focused his combat trained eyes upon the terrain, he did so as he quietly sang to himself a classic Sinatra hit song:'The Way You Look Tonight'. link


Posted on 2017-04-10 at 01:03:54.
Edited on 2017-04-10 at 01:04:49 by Hammer

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 138/11
3585 Posts


Just the crew at the school...

West 43875 St. 52 High -- The Bartholomew School Grounds and Sewage/Runoff Drainage System | Night City Integrate | High City | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 3:59 AM PST
Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bead of sweat runs down the runner's forehead as the high pitch of the saw finishes making its way through the final bit of the last bar that barricaded the group's way. The instrument's high pitch ends as it retracts back into the bracer. Fixer quickly makes his way back down the ladder to garner what kind of plan the rest of the group has formed.

"So, patrols about. They've got canines," Fixer speaks directly to the point as soon as he steps up next to Vegas. “Though they did not seem to be attentive much to their patrols, they could still prove to be dangerous.”

Funny thing about self-doubts and second guessings, when a person gives into introspection that gnaws at the inner gut, like Vegas has been doing, while Fixer cut through the bars: When it is all said and done and time for action, it is the years of training and discipline that kick into high gear, banishing the fears and doubts into the hidden vaults of the inner recesses of the mind.

Such is the case with Vegas as Fixer cut through the last remaining bar and joins them. The warning of a patrol and canines is all the Frank Sinatra look-alike needs to hear. Now he is clearheaded and harbors no lingering thoughts of his own death and demise, nor is he afraid or apprehensive about what is about to transpire within the school grounds. Neither does he protest when Blossom and Echo take the lead enroute to their destination on the school grounds. Under better circumstances, the Dapper Solo would have enjoyed the view, but the driving rain shower and water-soaked grounds dampen his lust for the Asian netrunner.

Dampen, mind you, but not totally eliminating his lust for the Asian beauty; especially since she and Echo have seemingly taken charge. Her taking charge of this operation greatly enhances his desire for the lovely wardriver. Not only that, but watching her in action compells The Chairman to do his utmost to protect her and see their assignment through to completion. Perhaps a bit of romance would be his reward?

Taking heed of the techie’s warning, Echo and Blossom are the first two up the ladder and out of the sewer. The plan is for the netrunner to upload a virus to disable part of the security system without making it seem disabled. Fixer doesn’t understand the particular specifics of it, but that does not worry him much. If they can all get past the security systems without drawing attention to themselves, then all the better.

Painstaking moments pass by as Fixer waits at the bottom of the ladder for the duo of women to be done with their task. Seems like an eternity as he waits on them. When Echo motions them to join the two females at the gym, it is Vegas who leads the charge, outracing both Bloodbank and Fixer to join the two women. A brief, quiet call from Vegas signals to those in the sewer that he is taking off and that the two women are finished. The medic is next followed shortly by Fixer himself. Ghlahn is left behind in the sewers for overwatch—their guardian angel.

The hood of his jacket up, his mask in front of his face to filter out the air's pollutants, Fixer's gauntlets, forearm bracers, and upper arm bracers are all activated. He knows the run is getting into dangerous territory. Rain pelts down on the techie and runs off of his clothing. His boots splash down into the rain soaked ground as he darts across the open ground to where the rest of the group rests.

“That door will get us inside,” Blossom points towards the door at the back of the admin building that Echo had seen some meters away across more open compound and, without hesitation, the group rushes towards it.

"Let me have a look at it; I can get us in," Fixer speaks up from behind his mask and moves to the front of the group in an assumption that the door is locked.

As Fixer moves to work the door, Echo turns to keep watch just in case someone has seen them cross the schoolyard. She doesn’t want to take any chances or be sloppy in her work. She hopes the man will be quick. She wants to get out of the rain. She is wet, a bit chilled, and just this side of cranky, but she needs to take care of an issue weighing on her mind and keeping her off-point.

Briefly turning to the netrunner, Echo swallows with a bit of nervousness and whispers to Blossom, "Yes, I was Private School once, but that was a long time ago. If we get through this and can have a sit-down, I'll tell you a story of a rich girl turned Street."

Echo hopes the netrunner will recognize her subtle offer of friendship. She really likes the little Asian; she reminds the nomad so much of a friend she once had back when her life was much, much different. Putting her musing aside, she focuses on the job at hand, glad to have made that step.

“Story time!” Blossom bubbles quietly grinning back at the rain-soaked, leather clad woman. “Sounds great, Ace Kool.”

Vegas notes that Echo takes action to stand guard in case their presence on the school grounds has not gone unobserved. Her action causes a grim smile of admiration for her quick thinking to spread across his lips and face. The Dapper Solo secures his guns as he takes up a defensive position on the opposite side of the group (from where Echo has stationed herself to stand watch). Checking his left hand bounty bracer, the Classic Crooner makes sure his taser and gas sprayer are at the ready to repel any resistance to the party gaining access to the school. On the other hand, Vegas makes ready with his weaponry on his right forearm; namely the Anti-CEE bracer with the Arc Thrower - EMP pulse to shock or knock out any opponent.

Vegas takes one last longing look at Blossom, freshly etching her lovely shape in his mind before turning his full attention to searching the landscape for any unwanted patrols or canines. Though the Dapper Solo focuses his combat trained eyes upon the terrain, he does so while quietly singing to himself a classic Sinatra hit song, 'The Way You Look Tonight.’
As the others make their way to the building, Ghlahn takes up watch at the top of the ladder. Although it is too low to offer a great vantage point, it does offer excellent cover. He has just settled in when a brief glimmer of light catches his eye. It seems the camera has seen more than the group has hoped. A bouncing light could only mean one thing; a security patrol. Well that plan went to s*** quick, he thinks. There is no way to warn the others without giving away his position and that suits him just fine. It seems that he will get a chance to test out the borrowed weapons. He plans to eliminate the patrol or, barring that, at least draw them in his direction. His job is to keep the others safe using any means necessary and perhaps even a few means not quite as necessary, but simply enjoyable.

Techscanner results play across the bracer on Fixer’s exposed right forearm. Nodding once with definitive decision, the grey eyed man rolls his sleeve back down and reaches into his leather carrybag, immediately going to the pocket with his cardlock decryptor. The diminutive device is no larger than a credit card and only slightly thicker. The construct is plastic, water resistant, with a full screen and no bevels along the edge.

Holding the decryptor close to the card reader—a simple black box just inside the glass of the door near the handle—Fixer activates the screen. Light grey numbers, letters, and symbols fly across the screen to nest in the center, two hundred and fifty of them spinning, twirling, and rotating in place once rooted. Thunder rolls overhead and the rain continues to fall in a heavy drizzle, winds blasting the courtyard. Drenched to the bone, Fixer finds his hands trembling as the cold viciously attempts to find his soul. Ten seconds pass and thirty of the characters have locked on. Twenty seconds and another forty have found their mark.

Tucked away in the small cave of the sewer runoff aqueduct, Ghlahn readies his Nomad .44 and puts his eye to the scope while calmly scanning the area between the sports grounds and the sports hall for the impending arrival of the sec-team. Breathing evenly. Watching hungrily. And here they come; two soldiers wearing black uniforms with black bulletproof vests and visored helmets. Flashlights attached to their helmets provide them with light, highlighting the falling rain and casting long shadows ahead of them. Militech Ronin Assault Rifles are strapped to their backs, Arasaka Minami 10 submachine guns in hand, Colt AMT 2000’s strapped at the hip. To M'harú Ghlahn’s trained eye, these guards aren’t green. They are most likely veterans of the wars in South America returned home with no other life available to them than something with a weapon in hand. If it wouldn’t have been for Deft-Hand, this might have been the red-headed sniper’s fate.

These two guards do not have a dog with them, which means that there’s at least one more patrol on the grounds if Fixer is to be believed. These two have slowed their roll and are now moving up the side of the Sports Hall in traditional fashion, the fellow in the back within hand reach of his companion and slightly to the right, their submachine guns at ready. The rest of Ghlahn’s group is completely out of sight now, the Sports Hall between his position and them. Rain gusts before his scope, the crosshairs slowly bobbing across the lead sec-team’s chest.

Standing to the southeast of where Fixer is working, Echo surveys the dark and blustering grounds, her head on a swivel. The lights of the nearby slums don’t reach the compound leaving most of it in darkness which suits the edgerunner’s situation just fine. Perhaps it is just a matter of luck, or perhaps it is because she is really that good; whatever the reason, as the small masked woman looks to the northwest, past where Vegas is standing watch, she catches a glimmer of lights off the dancing, convulsing leaves. Brief in its life, fleeting in its warning, she instinctively knows that someone is coming from that direction and with the Sports Hall between their position and Ghlahn, there is no support available from the sniper. She doesn’t know how long they have, but she’s absolutely positive that the Chairman hasn’t noticed, hasn’t received the warning nature has given her.


Posted on 2017-04-10 at 11:41:14.
Edited on 2017-04-10 at 11:43:00 by Bromern Sal

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2087 Posts


.

Ghlahn watched the two guards moving in text book fashion. Their kind never wavered from their training and if one had read the book, one could anticipate their next move. Ghlahn had certainly read the book. If they were engaged they would attempt to return fire and call in a report. That report would bring more guards. More guards meant more trouble. But, letting them alone would mean they could walk up on the others and take his companions by surprise. Ghlahn knew he could drop one of them and possibly both of them before they could send a report but he could not be sure.

If the guards came close to leaving his vantage, he would have no choice but to eliminate them. If they turned they would live. Ghlahn focused on the trail guard and would shoot him first hoping his partner might not react immediately and allow a quick second shot at the leader.


Posted on 2017-04-11 at 19:08:23.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 169/114
6035 Posts


Looking for some help.

Night City Regional General Hospital, Emergency Room | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 2:46 AM PST Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)


Casino turned to smile at 1, wishing the arrogant bitch dead, but watched from the corner of his eye as Leader applied pressure to the trigger of his submachine gun. Then it was a blur of boosted reflexes, armored clothing, years of combat experience and good ole fashioned cybernetic.

In what seemed almost slow motion Casino watched as he moved, gained and lost a weapon, gained another weapon, was hit by a number of bullets. He shot the Leader point blank, then killed the bitch number 1, then proceeded in a hail of bullets to knock 2 out cold and also kill 3 and finally in the end managed to knock the Leader unconscious.

Jesus Christ I need some of that f***ing armor Casino thought to himself realizing he been lucky in being able to kill both number 1 and number 3. As he sat for a few seconds behind cover, holding a newly acquired MPK-11, he knew he had been again very lucky that old tech was still the best tech. That thanks to his under-skin dermal plating and Gibson armor none of the many bullets had penetrated the skin, though he would be bruised for days..

However the big solo could easily see that his arm was bleeding once again. This time clearly worse then when he had first got shot. Thinking fast he bared the arm turned the still very hot barrel of the submachine gun around and laid it upon the bleed hoping the still very very hot barrel would help in cauterizing the would long enough for him not to bleed to death. Holding back yet another scream for the sudden blast of pain, the pain editor only able to do so much, Grabbing the sleeve of his now blooded T-shirt, he ripped the area over the hole and tied a quick tourniquet to again try to stop the bleeding.

Then he was up and moving, the SMG out before him, as he first moved to 2 and quickly searched him. His search was a good one gaining him a Tanto fixed blade combat knife, another magazine of 30 armor piercing rounds for the MPK-11, and an unfired .44 Automag. The 44 at once taken, its load checked, Casino was happy to find the clip full of armor piercing rounds. Holstering the big 44 he began a second deeper search coming up with 2 more clips for the 44, quickly holstered in his gun belt, and a mid-level agent that went into his pocket. Finding nothing more and wanting to stay as quiet as possible from the gun fight in the ER, Casino quickly took the Tanto knife lifted 2’s helmet and stabbed the man through his chin and into his brain killing him instantly.

Quickly moving to Leader, leaving the MPK-11 and it’s ammo behind, Casino did the same thing searching him quickly. From him the big solo gained a second agent, pocketed, 2 more Armor piercing clips for a 44, giving him a total now of 5, also pocketed, and when done just like with number 2, pushed the Tanto up under Leaders helmet, killing him. As Casino moved towards the body of one of the two dead Asian bodyguards he had to smile. In the movies his character would clearly have said a few parting words, “yippee ki yay” or “you failed this city” or some such drek. However this was no movie only real life and time was not on Casino’s side.

A quick search of the bodyguard found Casino his sought after item, the guards agent, which was added to the rest of the stuff now carried by the solo. With no other reason to stay any longer, armed only with a single 44, Casino made his way deeper into the hospital and towards an exit as close to Rigg’s and Murtaugh’s car as possible. Hiding his bloody arm once again under his overcoat, Casino hoped not to run into any police, and if he did, armed only with a single 44 and not wearing the same armor as the rest of Leader’s group, would be able to bluff his way by them. The goal now just to get out of this hospital, get to the police car’s lockbox, and then make a few phone calls......

(EDITED to reflect that 3 is also dead)


Posted on 2017-04-12 at 23:35:10.
Edited on 2017-04-13 at 11:51:46 by TannTalas

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Rut-roh . . .

"Standing to the southeast of where Fixer is working, Echo surveys the dark and blustering grounds, her head on a swivel. The lights of the nearby slums don’t reach the compound leaving most of it in darkness which suits the edgerunner’s situation just fine. Perhaps it is just a matter of luck, or perhaps it is because she is really that good; whatever the reason, as the small masked woman looks to the northwest, past where Vegas is standing watch, she catches a glimmer of lights off the dancing, convulsing leaves. Brief in its life, fleeting in its warning, she instinctively knows that someone is coming from that direction and with the Sports Hall between their position and Ghlahn, there is no support available from the sniper. She doesn’t know how long they have, but she’s absolutely positive that the Chairman hasn’t noticed, hasn’t received the warning nature has given her."

Echo quickly motions Blossom to get up near the door and Fixer, whispering, "Patrol coming - help him get us in if you can. We don't have any time to lose".
Turning to the crooner, Echo gets closer to him and says, her voice still quiet, "Hey Songbird - there's a patrol coming, I'm sure of it, so you'd best keep that tune in your head before you get us caught", and motioned him to take cover closer to the door, pointing in the direction she saw the light.

She actually delighted in the cat-and-mouse game - the rush and the adrenaline it caused, having played at such things as a child, but as an adult the stakes were much higher, and she wasn't overly fond of what would follow if they were caught. Once Vegas had moved closer (OOC - assuming he does move where she indicates), Echo takes up a rear defense stance with as much cover as she can muster, feeling both excited and terrified, hoping Ghlahn was moving to a place where he had a view of them in case things went south.


Posted on 2017-04-16 at 04:32:11.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Vegas Took Heed

Turning to the crooner, Echo gets closer to him and says, her voice still quiet, "Hey Songbird - there's a patrol coming, I'm sure of it, so you'd best keep that tune in your head before you get us caught", and motioned him to take cover closer to the door, pointing in the direction she saw the light.

Vegas took heed to the warning from Echo as he focused his sight in the direction she had pointed, allowing the song to hum lightly in his memory banks.

The Sultan of Swoon saw nothing out of the ordinary, but the Chairman of the Board knew when to swallow any pride and follow the advice of those more informed than he: in any given situation.

Now was such a time!

So the Frank Sinatra look-alike quickly and as silently as possible, positioned himself by taking cover closer to the door as advised.

Then the Dapper Solo took close inventory of his taser and gas sprayer as he double checked his left hand bounty bracer; before scrutinizing and double checking the weaponry on his right forearm: namely, the Anti-Cee bracer with the Arc Thrower - EMP pulse to shock or knock out any opponent, before secluding himself as discreetly as possible.

Now, it was only a matter of time for the Classic Crooner to spring into action, if necessary.



Posted on 2017-04-16 at 23:34:18.
Edited on 2017-04-16 at 23:34:58 by Hammer

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.