The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3858 registered users. Our newest member is websoikeo68.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - An Annoying Concern (posted by dragon-soul92)An Annoying Concern
Recruitment Threads - Trilogy restart recruitment. (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy restart recrui...
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by dragon-soul92)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Nomad D2)LLE - WoT Game
Comings and Goings - Hello! (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Hello!
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Cyberpunk --> Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
Parent thread: Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
GM for this game: Bromern Sal
Players for this game: TannTalas, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Giddy, Aletheia, Espatier
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

With Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Food, rest, and direction.




Echo sat listening to everyone describe the happenings, adding details when asked or when she remembered, she tried to be patient waiting for her food. She tried to unobtrusively watch Casino (wasn't that his name?) to commit his face to memory, and smiled at the way he told Blossom not to worry - firm and no-nonsense, yet somewhat kind. She was so wrapped up in her thoughts, she was caught off-guard when the solo caught her eye, pausing in his speech briefly. When she realized she was still smiling, he had already turned and asked a question of everyone.

“So anyone got any idea’s where to look next?" he asked the crowd in the tiny back room.

Echo felt her face heat, and quickly looked down into her lap to hide her blush, pretending to fix somthing on her sleeve. She had no idea why that happened - she hardly knew him. He did seem interesting and all, and she was genuinely glad a team member had not been seriously injured, but now was not the time for such things. Plus, she knew the cost of not paying attention, and she would not let that happen again - not by a longshot.

Finally, the food was served and they all fell upon their plates as if they hadn't eaten in months. With all the excitement of the firefights and infiltration of the school, it seemed they had been on this job forever. She listened as Blossom read all the intel she had found, trying to think of a way to use it to their advantage. But the bbq was really, really good, and she was really, really hungry ...

“Doctor Phil Carey,” Blossom announces. “He teaches Corporate Law, and… he’s been out sick since just after that video.”

Hey now, Echo thought - that's just what we needed, another lead. Excellent.

"So I guess he is our next trail we follow?" Casino asked.

"Sounds like it to me", Echo says. "Its way too much of a coincidence that he's conveniently out sick. Blossom, can you pull up an address for him? And maybe any other properties he may own or rent?"


Posted on 2017-09-19 at 01:02:25.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Vegas Chimes In

"Hey Doll," Vegas chimes in addressing Blossom, "also see if you can find any info on his known associates?"


Posted on 2017-09-19 at 23:23:47.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2084 Posts


.

The BBQ was good and the sniper had not eaten in awhile. "Tis stuff is way better than the last place I ate." He listened to the others but had little input. They made the plans and he provided high cover. That suited him just fine.


Posted on 2017-09-25 at 17:52:10.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 137/11
3574 Posts


Next?

Hightower’s BBQ | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 8th, Day 2 (Saturday), 1:40 PM PST
Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

Turning away from the screen, Blossom rests her elbows on the desk behind her and rolls the lollipop in her mouth to the other side. “We’ll know whether there’s anything on these vids worth watchin’ in a couple of minutes, tops. Meanwhile, who here wants to know whether these two lovebirds have kissed and made up?” Looking between Casino and Vegas, the small woman rolls the sucker around again. “Can’t have two guns hatin’ on each other supposed to be watching my pretty little backside.”

Vegas looks up only momentarily to address the rest of the group by saying, "Fill in Casino with all the details that my friend needs to help us get the job done. I trust him with my life."

Looking over to Blossom, Casino stares at her‒not so much to intimidate her than to decide if he actual needed to answer her himself. Not being one to mince words he smiles.

“If that’s all you’re worried about then don’t be.” The large solo continues. “While we are involved in this run we will be there as needed, no personal drama. What happens after this run is none of your business.”

Echo sits listening to everyone describe the happenings, adding details when asked or when she remembers. She tries to be patient waiting for her food. She tries to unobtrusively watch Casino (wasn't that his name?) to commit his face to memory, and smiles at the way he tells Blossom not to worry‒firm and no-nonsense, yet somewhat kind. She is so wrapped up in her thoughts, she is caught off-guard when the solo meets her eye, pausing in his speech briefly. When she realizes she is still smiling, he has already turned away and asks a question of everyone.

Turning back to the rest of the group he noticed‒Echo he thinks her name is‒smiling at him. Ignoring the look, he asks, “So, anyone got any idea’s where to look next?”

Echo feels her face heat, and quickly looks down into her lap to hide her blush, pretending to fix something on her sleeve. She has no idea why that happened‒she hardly knows him. He does seem interesting and all, and she is genuinely glad a team member has not been seriously injured, but now is not the time for such things. Plus, she knows the cost of not paying attention and she will not let that happen again‒not by a longshot.

Finally, the food is served and they all fall upon their plates as if they hadn't eaten in months. With all the excitement of the firefights and infiltration of the school, it seems as though they have been on this job forever. She listens as Blossom reads all the intel she has found, trying to think of a way to use it to their advantage, but the bbq is really, really good and she is really, really hungry.

Blossom returns her attention to her agent and begins playing back the first of the earmarked timestamps. Over the course of a few minutes she reveals a video of a man of average build with thinning blond hair and sallow cheeks standing a few feet away from Jase. The man is clearly talking with the boy for a good couple of minutes before they part company. With no audio and from the angle of view it is impossible to even attempt to read lips, so Blossom moves on to the next vid. This snippet of video shows the boy without any obvious concern hanging out with some other children his age before entering the dorm room.

“That’s odd,” Blossom states. “There’s no other facial recognition tags. Our boy, Jase, just vanishes‒unless his face isn’t seen by the cameras after that. While the other video played, I ran some cross-checks on the staff at the school. That shaikujin, Jase was talking to in the first one is staff at the school.” She hurriedly taps a couple of commands on her keyboard and then swipes away from the device towards the wall screen. A picture of the man appears overlaying the video. It definitely appears to be a staff photo.

“Doctor Phil Carey,” the netrunner announces. “He teaches Corporate Law, and… he’s been out sick since just after that video.”

“Hey now,” Echo thinks, ”that's just what we needed, another lead. Excellent.”
"So I guess he is our next trail we follow?" Casino asks.

"Sounds like it to me", Echo says. "It’s way too much of a coincidence that he's conveniently out sick. Blossom, can you pull up an address for him? And maybe any other properties he may own or rent?"

Working his way through the barbeque sandwich, Fixer watches the timestamps flash on the screen. This is starting to go downhill in a bad way, between that damn ladder racking up injuries, he thinks he got off lucky just biting his tongue, and feels glad he isn't eating spaghetti, and relationships going sideways, and all the other wonderful news that has been thusly revealed.
"Doctor Phil Carey?" he thinks working on an onion ring "Corporate Law? This has to be some complex situation coming up, and the big bosses want us to tone it down? Good luck with that!
"So where has he taken a leave of absence from exactly?” the techie asks. “And where does he live? Not that I expect him to be home with the sniffles at this point."

"Hey Doll," Vegas chimes in addressing Blossom, "also see if you can find any info on his known associates?"

The BBQ is good and the sniper has not eaten in awhile. "This stuff is way better than the last place I ate." He listens to the others but has little input. They make the plans and he provides high cover. That suites him just fine.

“Well,” The Asian rolls the sucker against her teeth with a click. “Let’s see what I can find.” She stares into the lenses of her sunglasses seeing the visual display of her optic splice while everyone else in the room focuses on their food or the video still on the wall.

School records have Dr. Carey’s current address. That isn’t a problem. Directing her avatar to seek online for additional information, the wardriver plugs in parameters that filter the search to public records of property ownership and rental agreements. No other residences… “He’s got one address and that’s where the school has him listed, so I’d say that’s the best lead we got. Twenty-Four Fifty, West Park… that’s a mallplex… about… here.”

The video on the wall changes from Dr. Carey’s sallow face to a public map of the city. West Park Mallplex is about fifteen minutes from the school, but down a few levels placing it in a less affluent neighborhood.

“So, I don’t think that’s Kansas, Toto,” Blossom remarks while settling back in her chair and picking up a piece of processed pork to shove in her mouth at the same time as removing the diminishing lollipop. “I saw that place on a Vlog just a bit ago, I think. Some junked out hyperpsycho plowed himself and his input into the outside wall going, like, one-ten on a crotch-rocket. Took three ragdolls with ‘em who were camped off the street in a shopping cart motel. Brutal and messy.

“Good news is…” glowing green lines appear on the map crisscrossing intersections and running off the screen. “That the Pub-Trans runs within walking distance. We could be there within…” Blossom checks the time displayed on her private optic view, “...two hours. Give’r take.”

(OOC: Time is 1:55 PM)



Posted on 2017-09-25 at 21:38:12.

Bannix
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 3/1
104 Posts


An Old Haunt

“Well,” The Asian rolls the sucker against her teeth with a click. “Let’s see what I can find.” She stares into the lenses of her sunglasses seeing the visual display of her optic splice while everyone else in the room focuses on their food or the video still on the wall.

School records have Dr. Carey’s current address. That isn’t a problem. Directing her avatar to seek online for additional information, the wardriver plugs in parameters that filter the search to public records of property ownership and rental agreements. No other residences… “He’s got one address and that’s where the school has him listed, so I’d say that’s the best lead we got. Twenty-Four Fifty, West Park… that’s a mallplex… about… here.”

The video on the wall changes from Dr. Carey’s sallow face to a public map of the city. West Park Mallplex is about fifteen minutes from the school, but down a few levels placing it in a less affluent neighborhood.

“So, I don’t think that’s Kansas, Toto,” Blossom remarks while settling back in her chair and picking up a piece of processed pork to shove in her mouth at the same time as removing the diminishing lollipop. “I saw that place on a Vlog just a bit ago, I think. Some junked out hyperpsycho plowed himself and his input into the outside wall going, like, one-ten on a crotch-rocket. Took three ragdolls with ‘em who were camped off the street in a shopping cart motel. Brutal and messy.

“Good news is…” glowing green lines appear on the map crisscrossing intersections and running off the screen. “That the Pub-Trans runs within walking distance. We could be there within…” Blossom checks the time displayed on her private optic view, “...two hours. Give’r take.”

Fixer looks on, something nagging at his brain. Then it clicks. "I remember that place, I used to deal down there."
Eyes swivel in his direction. "In tech, you bozo's, there was a guy, who used to, maybe even still does, get hard to find parts, manuals, most of what I couldn't find myself. And yes there was the usual riff-raff in that area, needlers, dealers, users, boozers and bums, not exactly Club Med, but I didn't detect any high tech security systems or even spot any security at all, it was more of an out of the way derelicts delight, not to say it hasn't changed in the last year or so, but that's a first hand account of what I dealt with, what Doc is doing in that area is anybody's guess." Fixer popped his last O-ring into his mouth, and waited for the consensus of the others.


Posted on 2017-09-26 at 11:48:10.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 169/114
6030 Posts


My idea or part of it

Night City Hightower’s BBQ | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 1:15 PM PST Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.) Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

The video on the wall changes from Dr. Carey’s sallow face to a public map of the city. West Park Mallplex is about fifteen minutes from the school, but down a few levels placing it in a less affluent neighborhood

“Good news is…” glowing green lines appear on the map crisscrossing intersections and running off the screen. “That the Pub-Trans runs within walking distance. We could be there within…” Blossom checks the time displayed on her private optic view, “...two hours. Give’r take.”

"I remember that place, I used to deal down there." Eyes swivel in his direction. "In tech, you bozo's, there was a guy, who used to, maybe even still does, get hard to find parts, manuals, most of what I couldn't find myself. And yes there was the usual riff-raff in that area, needlers, dealers, users, boozers and bums, not exactly Club Med, but I didn't detect any high tech security systems or even spot any security at all, it was more of an out of the way derelicts delight, not to say it hasn't changed in the last year or so, but that's a first hand account of what I dealt with, what Doc is doing in that area is anybody's guess." Fixer popped his last O-ring into his mouth, and waited for the consensus of the others.

As Casino looked at the area map on the wall he could see quite a number of entrances and the mallplexes loading dock. Too many to cover all of them, they’d need someplace high. As he continued to gaze an idea started to form.

“Ok Fixer you said you dealt tech there before. What do you think about you, Blossom and Bloodbank doing a recon inside the plex? Find out if it’s become a banger club’s territory, where Casey’s apt is and if he is not there when he will be back. Check to make sure no new sec has been put into place and anything else the three of you can think of that I know I’m missing.” Pausing Casino then looked to Ghlahn, Vegas and Echo.

“Ok as you can see the place has a s*** load of in’s and outs and no way we can cover them all from ground level. I suggest while Fixer, Blossom and Bloodbank are doing their recon we four spilt up and do our own. I’m thinking we need to find two high level spots in buildings, one each, in the north east and south east corners of the plex to watch as many entrances as we can. That way we can provide cover since we have the best long range weapons. Blossom, Echo, Fixer, Hammer and Bloodbank will do the actual snatch and grab if the doc’s there and we cover their exfil from a number of exits once they have him, if they get him, depending on what exit is best to use at that time. Ghlahn you and Vegas take the south east corner, Echo and I will take the north east”

Catching a his breath......

“Ok anyone have anything to add or a better idea? And I can see your all banged up might be better for you all to get some rest before we do this?”.................


Posted on 2017-10-09 at 14:11:45.
Edited on 2017-10-09 at 14:17:17 by TannTalas

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Sounds good to me

{{{{{“Ok as you can see the place has a s*** load of in’s and outs and no way we can cover them all from ground level. I suggest while Fixer, Blossom and Bloodbank are doing their recon we four spilt up and do our own. I’m thinking we need to find two high level spots in buildings, one each, in the north east and south east corners of the plex to watch as many entrances as we can. That way we can provide cover since we have the best long range weapons. Blossom, Echo, Fixer, Hammer and Bloodbank will do the actual snatch and grab if the doc’s there and we cover their exfil from a number of exits once they have him, if they get him, depending on what exit is best to use at that time. Ghlahn you and Vegas take the south east corner, Echo and I will take the north east”

Catching a his breath......

“Ok anyone have anything to add or a better idea? And I can see your all banged up might be better for you all to get some rest before we do this?”}}}}


Echo looked to the others, her eyes resting last on Casino. The solo was clever in thinking they needed to cover more, and from up high as well. There's more to this man than just brawn. Good, they'll need it for what's to come next.

"I'm on board with this plan, unless someone has a better one?" she says, moving to stand by the solo, but not too close. "And if we're going to do this, we need to get it going as soon as we can, but I know some of you choombas are hurtin' - do we have any way to fix up and rest up quick so we can go in as close to our best as possible?"





Posted on 2017-10-15 at 01:06:17.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2084 Posts


.

"Sounds like a solid plan to me. A bit of rest might be a good idea. Maybe we get a early start in the morning."


Posted on 2017-10-16 at 20:19:39.
Edited on 2017-10-16 at 21:36:00 by Keeper of Dragons

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 137/11
3574 Posts


Opposition

Hightower’s BBQ | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 8th, Day 2 (Saturday), 1:57 PM PST
Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

School records have Dr. Carey’s current address. That isn’t a problem. Directing her avatar to seek online for additional information, the wardriver plugs in parameters that filter the search to public records of property ownership and rental agreements. No other residences… “He’s got one address and that’s where the school has him listed, so I’d say that’s the best lead we got. Twenty-Four Fifty, West Park… that’s a mallplex… about… here.”

The video on the wall changes from Dr. Carey’s sallow face to a public map of the city. West Park Mallplex is about fifteen minutes from the school, but down a few levels placing it in a less affluent neighborhood.

“So, I don’t think that’s Kansas, Toto,” Blossom remarks while settling back in her chair and picking up a piece of processed pork to shove in her mouth at the same time as removing the diminishing lollipop. “I saw that place on a Vlog just a bit ago, I think. Some junked out hyperpsycho plowed himself and his input into the outside wall going, like, one-ten on a crotch-rocket. Took three ragdolls with ‘em who were camped off the street in a shopping cart motel. Brutal and messy.

“Good news is…” glowing green lines appear on the map crisscrossing intersections and running off the screen. “That the Pub-Trans runs within walking distance. We could be there within…” Blossom checks the time displayed on her private optic view, “...two hours. Give’r take.”

Fixer looks on, something nagging at his brain. Then it clicks. "I remember that place, I used to deal down there." Eyes swivel in his direction. "In tech, you bozo's, there was a guy who used to—maybe even still does—get hard to find parts, manuals, most of what I couldn't find myself. And yes there was the usual riff-raff in that area, needlers, dealers, users, boozers and bums—not exactly Club Med, but I didn't detect any high tech security systems or even spot any security at all, it was more of an out of the way derelicts delight, not to say it hasn't changed in the last year or so, but that's a first hand account of what I dealt with. What Doc is doing in that area is anybody's guess." Fixer pops his last O-ring into his mouth, and waits for the consensus of the others.

As Casino looks at the area map on the wall he can see quite a number of entrances and the mallplex’s loading dock. Too many to cover all of them; they’d need someplace high. As he continues to gaze an idea starts to form.

“Ok Fixer, you said you dealt tech there before. What do you think about you, Blossom, and Bloodbank doing a recon inside the plex? Find out if it’s become a banger club’s territory, where Casey’s apartment is and if he is not there, when he will be back. Check to make sure no new sec has been put into place and anything else the three of you can think of that I know I’m missing.” Pausing Casino then looked to Ghlahn, Vegas, and Echo.

“Ok, as you can see the place has a s***load of in’s and outs and no way we can cover them all from ground level. I suggest while Fixer, Blossom, and Bloodbank are doing their recon we four split up and do our own. I’m thinking we need to find two high level spots in buildings, one each, in the northeast and southeast corners of the plex to watch as many entrances as we can. That way we can provide cover since we have the best long range weapons. Blossom, Echo, Fixer, Vegas, and Bloodbank will do the actual snatch and grab if the doc’s there and we cover their exfil from a number of exits once they have him—if they get him—depending on what exit is best to use at that time. Ghlahn, you and Vegas take the southeast corner, Echo and I will take the northeast”

Catching a his breath, he adds, “Ok, anyone have anything to add or a better idea? And I can see your all banged up. Might be better for you all to get some rest before we do this.”

Echo looks to the others, her eyes resting last on Casino. The solo is clever in thinking they needed to cover more, and from up high as well. There's more to this man than just brawn. Good, we'll need it for what's to come next.
"I'm on board with this plan, unless someone has a better one," she says, moving to stand by the solo, but not too close. "And if we're going to do this, we need to get it going as soon as we can, but I know some of you choombas are hurtin'—do we have any way to fix up and rest up quick so we can go in as close to our best as possible?"

Ghlahn remains his usual impassive self, “"Sounds like a solid plan to me. A bit of rest might be a good idea. Maybe we get a early start in the morning."

“Sure… split up again,” Blossom remarks sarcastically. “That worked out so well for us last time.”

Bloodbank glances at the netrunner and presses his lips together in derision. “Can’t say, I disagree with the sentiment. Further, while I’ve got some STIM I could distribute, it’ll only last a few minutes and won’t do anything longterm. Rest and Time are the best medicine at this point and I’m afraid that’s not something we have in surplus.”

“I read somethin’ about kidnap victims once,” the beautiful Asian pipes up again with a cheerful tone that contradicts the information she’s sharing. “After the first twenty-four hours, the chances of a kidnap victim being recovered alive are greatly reduced. Time is ‘bout ready to bone out, choombas.”

“I’d also like to point out,” the medtech jumps on the bandwagon, “that we don’t know whether this teacher is our kidnapper yet. And… sending the computer specialist, field medic, and tech guru into the lion’s den to recon—well, that doesn’t really appeal to me.

“Mallplexes are large complexes with a number of stories and a buttload of apartments,” Bloodbank picks up his drink and lifts it to his lips. “If we got in trouble in there, you people wouldn’t have a clue.”

“And we still haven’t solved our communication issues,” Blossom nods in agreement as the medic begins sipping at his drink through the clear straw. “It sucked not being able to jam with Ghlahn when we were hot-footin’ about the grounds.”

“I’ll do whatever the team decides,” Bloodbank offers. “But I have a bad feeling about the plan where it currently sits.”

(OOC: Time is 2:02 PM)



Posted on 2017-10-18 at 22:49:50.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2084 Posts


Recon

"It does seem a bit risky to have all our tech experts do a recon. If we just want to find out what kind of place out is then perhaps me and bloodbank should have a look around."


Posted on 2017-10-20 at 12:52:49.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 169/114
6030 Posts


discussion moves forward.

Night City Hightower’s BBQ | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 1:15 PM PST Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.) Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

Catching a his breath, he adds, “Ok, anyone have anything to add or a better idea? And I can see your all banged up. Might be better for you all to get some rest before we do this.”

Echo looks to the others, her eyes resting last on Casino. "I'm on board with this plan, unless someone has a better one," she says, moving to stand by the solo, but not too close. "And if we're going to do this, we need to get it going as soon as we can, but I know some of you choombas are hurtin'—do we have any way to fix up and rest up quick so we can go in as close to our best as possible?"

Ghlahn remains his usual impassive self, “"Sounds like a solid plan to me. A bit of rest might be a good idea. Maybe we get a early start in the morning."

“Sure… split up again,” Blossom remarks sarcastically. “That worked out so well for us last time.”

“Very true, and again I‘m sorry I was not there to help” Casino replied to Blossom’s statement looking at Vegas. “is there any other way to get the info we need other then splitting up?”

Bloodbank glances at the netrunner and presses his lips together in derision. “Can’t say, I disagree with the sentiment. Further, while I’ve got some STIM I could distribute, it’ll only last a few minutes and won’t do anything long term. Rest and Time are the best medicine at this point and I’m afraid that’s not something we have in surplus.”

“I read somethin’ about kidnap victims once,” the beautiful Asian pipes up again with a cheerful tone that contradicts the information she’s sharing. “After the first twenty-four hours, the chances of a kidnap victim being recovered alive are greatly reduced. Time is ‘bout ready to bone out, choombas.”

“Once again your correct, Blossom, but has she been actually kidnapped. Starlight never said they received a ransom note did she? As far as getting some rest, I’m more worried about the rest of you. If you all feel you can continue then I’m as good to go as I’m gonna be” Casino added.

“I’d also like to point out,” the medtech jumps on the bandwagon, “that we don’t know whether this teacher is our kidnapper yet. And… sending the computer specialist, field medic, and tech guru into the lion’s den to recon—well, that doesn’t really appeal to me.

“Mallplexes are large complexes with a number of stories and a buttload of apartments,” Bloodbank picks up his drink and lifts it to his lips. “If we got in trouble in there, you people wouldn’t have a clue.”

"It does seem a bit risky to have all our tech experts do a recon. If we just want to find out what kind of place out is then perhaps me and bloodbank should have a look around." Ghlhn added.

“Ok I admit that might be a bad idea, but you’re the groups sniper so I would think you’d want to pick your spot. However my idea is just a general one open to modifacation.”

“And we still haven’t solved our communication issues,” Blossom nods in agreement as the medic begins sipping at his drink through the clear straw. “It sucked not being able to jam with Ghlahn when we were hot-footin’ about the grounds.”

“Is there anything we can do to fix that?” Casino asked the group as a whole. ”Maybe use agents somehow or does anyone know where we can get some cheap comm’s somewhere?”

“I’ll do whatever the team decides,” Bloodbank offers. “But I have a bad feeling about the plan where it currently sits.”

Looking to Bloodbank Casino smiles. “And that’s why we are sitting here. Again my idea is a general one and I expect it will change the more we work on it, nothing is set in stone. Sooo anything else I may have missed to improve on the basic idea? Or does anyone have a better idea.? Blossom how do you see it other then what you‘ve already stated?”


Posted on 2017-10-21 at 20:19:09.

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


More ideas?

Echo thinks for a moment, then speaks to the rest. "There's a way, I think, we can be more sure if we want to check him out closer before goin' in." She turns to Blossom. "Chicka, can you pull up activity from the good doc's cash cards? As in, can you see what he's been buyin'? I'm thinkin' about seein' if he's been buying up kid-friendly stuff - food and the like, or even clothes maybe. But also if he's bought any travel tics, or even rope and such from the Home & Hardware. Any sort of weird stuff or combo of stuff that you wouldn't think a teacher would buy."

She looks at them all, knowing she's probably talking more at once than she has the whole time she's been with these folk.

"What Blossom said about the kidnapped is right, the longer we wait, the less chance we have of finding him. He's been gone too long to just have wandered off. If the doc is legit, peachy. If not, we need to find out and nab him quick. That's just my telltale."

Echo leans up against the wall, catching her own breath after her long speech, hoping she didn't sound like a nutcase.









Posted on 2017-10-23 at 23:58:08.

Bannix
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 3/1
104 Posts


An Option

Catching a his breath, he adds, “Ok, anyone have anything to add or a better idea? And I can see your all banged up. Might be better for you all to get some rest before we do this.”

Echo looks to the others, her eyes resting last on Casino. "I'm on board with this plan, unless someone has a better one," she says, moving to stand by the solo, but not too close. "And if we're going to do this, we need to get it going as soon as we can, but I know some of you choombas are hurtin'—do we have any way to fix up and rest up quick so we can go in as close to our best as possible?"

Ghlahn remains his usual impassive self, “"Sounds like a solid plan to me. A bit of rest might be a good idea. Maybe we get a early start in the morning."

“Sure… split up again,” Blossom remarks sarcastically. “That worked out so well for us last time.”

“Very true, and again I‘m sorry I was not there to help” Casino replied to Blossom’s statement looking at Vegas. “is there any other way to get the info we need other then splitting up?”

Bloodbank glances at the netrunner and presses his lips together in derision. “Can’t say, I disagree with the sentiment. Further, while I’ve got some STIM I could distribute, it’ll only last a few minutes and won’t do anything long term. Rest and Time are the best medicine at this point and I’m afraid that’s not something we have in surplus.”

“I read somethin’ about kidnap victims once,” the beautiful Asian pipes up again with a cheerful tone that contradicts the information she’s sharing. “After the first twenty-four hours, the chances of a kidnap victim being recovered alive are greatly reduced. Time is ‘bout ready to bone out, choombas.”

“Once again your correct, Blossom, but has she been actually kidnapped. Starlight never said they received a ransom note did she? As far as getting some rest, I’m more worried about the rest of you. If you all feel you can continue then I’m as good to go as I’m gonna be” Casino added.

“I’d also like to point out,” the medtech jumps on the bandwagon, “that we don’t know whether this teacher is our kidnapper yet. And… sending the computer specialist, field medic, and tech guru into the lion’s den to recon—well, that doesn’t really appeal to me.

“Mallplexes are large complexes with a number of stories and a buttload of apartments,” Bloodbank picks up his drink and lifts it to his lips. “If we got in trouble in there, you people wouldn’t have a clue.”

"It does seem a bit risky to have all our tech experts do a recon. If we just want to find out what kind of place out is then perhaps me and bloodbank should have a look around." Ghlhn added.

“Ok I admit that might be a bad idea, but you’re the groups sniper so I would think you’d want to pick your spot. However my idea is just a general one open to modifacation.”

“And we still haven’t solved our communication issues,” Blossom nods in agreement as the medic begins sipping at his drink through the clear straw. “It sucked not being able to jam with Ghlahn when we were hot-footin’ about the grounds.”

“Is there anything we can do to fix that?” Casino asked the group as a whole. ”Maybe use agents somehow or does anyone know where we can get some cheap comm’s somewhere?”

“I’ll do whatever the team decides,” Bloodbank offers. “But I have a bad feeling about the plan where it currently sits.”

Looking to Bloodbank Casino smiles. “And that’s why we are sitting here. Again my idea is a general one and I expect it will change the more we work on it, nothing is set in stone. Sooo anything else I may have missed to improve on the basic idea? Or does anyone have a better idea.? Blossom how do you see it other then what you‘ve already stated?”

Echo thinks for a moment, then speaks to the rest. "There's a way, I think, we can be more sure if we want to check him out closer before goin' in." She turns to Blossom. "Chicka, can you pull up activity from the good doc's cash cards? As in, can you see what he's been buyin'? I'm thinkin' about seein' if he's been buying up kid-friendly stuff - food and the like, or even clothes maybe. But also if he's bought any travel tics, or even rope and such from the Home & Hardware. Any sort of weird stuff or combo of stuff that you wouldn't think a teacher would buy."

She looks at them all, knowing she's probably talking more at once than she has the whole time she's been with these folk.

"What Blossom said about the kidnapped is right, the longer we wait, the less chance we have of finding him. He's been gone too long to just have wandered off. If the doc is legit, peachy. If not, we need to find out and nab him quick. That's just my telltale."

Echo leans up against the wall, catching her own breath after her long speech, hoping she didn't sound like a nutcase.

Fixer looks at Echo and nods, "Let's check for the cyber trail and see where it leads before putting ourselves in harms way, since most of us are rather depleted, and Blossom, can you check for any electronics stores between here and the Mallplex I think we might be able to put some passable comms together, if not buy them outright, that will not take too long at all, and give us a better idea of whether or not we're chasing a lost cause in this guy."



Posted on 2017-10-29 at 22:49:12.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 137/11
3574 Posts


Hightower's BBQ | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 8th, Day 2 (Saturday),

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

“Sure… split up again,” Blossom remarks sarcastically. “That worked out so well for us last time.”

“Very true, and again I‘m sorry I was not there to help” Casino replies to Blossom’s statement while looking pointedly at Vegas. “Is there any other way to get the info we need other than splitting up?”

Bloodbank glances at the netrunner and presses his lips together in derision. “Can’t say, I disagree with the sentiment. Further, while I’ve got some STIM I could distribute, it’ll only last a few minutes and won’t do anything longterm. Rest and Time are the best medicine at this point and I’m afraid that’s not something we have in surplus.”

“I read somethin’ about kidnap victims once,” the beautiful Asian pipes up again with a cheerful tone that contradicts the information she’s sharing. “After the first twenty-four hours, the chances of a kidnap victim being recovered alive are greatly reduced. Time is ‘bout ready to bone out, choombas.”

“Once again your correct, Blossom, but has she been actually kidnapped. Starlight never said they received a ransom note did she? As far as getting some rest, I’m more worried about the rest of you. If you all feel you can continue then I’m as good to go as I’m gonna be” Casino adds.

“I’d also like to point out,” the medtech jumps on the bandwagon, “that we don’t know whether this teacher is our kidnapper yet. And… sending the computer specialist, field medic, and tech guru into the lion’s den to recon—well, that doesn’t really appeal to me.

“Mallplexes are large complexes with a number of stories and a buttload of apartments,” Bloodbank picks up his drink and lifts it to his lips. “If we got in trouble in there, you people wouldn’t have a clue.”

“And we still haven’t solved our communication issues,” Blossom nods in agreement as the medic begins sipping at his drink through the clear straw. “It sucked not being able to jam with Ghlahn when we were hot-footin’ about the grounds.”

“I’ll do whatever the team decides,” Bloodbank offers. “But I have a bad feeling about the plan where it currently sits.”

"It does seem a bit risky to have all our tech experts do a recon.” Ghlahn unapologetically reconsiders his original stance. “If we just want to find out what kind of place it is then perhaps me and Bloodbank should have a look around."

“Ok I admit that might be a bad idea, but you’re the group’s sniper, so I would think you’d want to pick your spot. However, my idea is just a general one open to modification.” the large solo calmly replies. “Is there anything we can do to fix that communication issue? Maybe use agents somehow or does anyone know where we can get some cheap comm’s somewhere? Again, my idea is a general one and I expect it will change the more we work on it, nothing is set in stone. Sooo, anything else I may have missed to improve on the basic idea? Or does anyone have a better idea? Blossom, how do you see it other than what you‘ve already stated?”

Echo thinks for a moment, then speaks to the rest of the group, superseding any reply the netrunner might be conjuring up, "There's a way, I think, we can be more sure if we want to check him out closer before goin' in." She turns to Blossom. "Chicka, can you pull up activity from the good doc's cash cards? As in, can you see what he's been buyin'? I'm thinkin' about seein' if he's been buying up kid-friendly stuff—food and the like, or even clothes maybe. But also if he's bought any travel tics, or even rope and such from the Home & Hardware. Any sort of weird stuff or combo of stuff that you wouldn't think a teacher would buy."

She looks at them all, knowing she's probably talking more at once than she has the whole time she's been with these folk.

"What Blossom said about the kidnapped is right. The longer we wait, the less chance we have of finding him. He's been gone too long to just have wandered off. If the doc is legit, peachy. If not, we need to find out and nab him quick. That's just my telltale." Echo leans up against the wall, catching her own breath after her long speech, hoping she doesn’t sound like a nutcase.

Fixer looks at Echo and nods, "Let's check for the cyber trail and see where it leads before putting ourselves in harm’s way, since most of us are rather depleted—and I’ll check for any electronics stores between here and the Mallplex. I think we might be able to put some passable comms together, if not buy them outright. That will not take too long at all, and give us a better idea of whether or not we're chasing a lost cause in this guy."

“Got a couple hours?” Blossom asks in response to Echo’s request. “I’ll see what I can dig up. Can’t promise nothin’, but whatevs and somethings, ya know? But I’ll get on it ‘cause that might just be the best move we’ve got at this point.”

“With Fixer here, we might not need to get Blossom inside the Mallplex,” Vegas smiles softly at the Asian woman. “Can’t see us needing to break through any security intense enough to require someone of this doll’s expertise.

“So, I say we do some eyes-on recon while this angel works her heavenly magic,” he continues. “Casino, Echo, and I could go in with Ghlahn taking up a point of advantage to cover a hasty retreat if we need to dance our way out. Fixer can go along with us and Bloodbank, of course. No reason to go in hot, but if Fixer really can resolve our comms issue on the way then we’ll be better set to act on any data Blossom mines.”

“There’s an app that allows direct communication with any others who sign onto that group. Just download the CircleMic app to your agents and I’ll set up the group. Give me your agent IDs and I’ll shoot you an invite,” Blossom rolls the diminishing sucker around in her mouth and holds up her own agent to show a screen with a baby blue background marred by white spots displaying a group she’s already set up. “Problem with this app is that it relies on the network, and it isn’t exactly the most secure method of chewing the fat. It’ll do in the short and short though.”


(OOC: Time is 2:15 PM)



Posted on 2017-11-07 at 14:00:52.
Edited on 2017-11-07 at 14:01:12 by Bromern Sal

Bannix
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 3/1
104 Posts


Tech run

“With Fixer here, we might not need to get Blossom inside the Mallplex,” Vegas smiles softly at the Asian woman. “Can’t see us needing to break through any security intense enough to require someone of this doll’s expertise.

“So, I say we do some eyes-on recon while this angel works her heavenly magic,” he continues. “Casino, Echo, and I could go in with Ghlahn taking up a point of advantage to cover a hasty retreat if we need to dance our way out. Fixer can go along with us and Bloodbank, of course. No reason to go in hot, but if Fixer really can resolve our comms issue on the way then we’ll be better set to act on any data Blossom mines.”

“There’s an app that allows direct communication with any others who sign onto that group. Just download the CircleMic app to your agents and I’ll set up the group. Give me your agent IDs and I’ll shoot you an invite,” Blossom rolls the diminishing sucker around in her mouth and holds up her own agent to show a screen with a baby blue background marred by white spots displaying a group she’s already set up. “Problem with this app is that it relies on the network, and it isn’t exactly the most secure method of chewing the fat. It’ll do in the short and short though.”

“Yeah sounds good, get me to a electronics store and I’ll see what I can do about comms” Getting his gear ready he downloaded the CircleMic to his agent and waited for the others to head out.


Posted on 2017-11-15 at 16:18:56.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.