The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3858 registered users. Our newest member is websoikeo68.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - An Annoying Concern (posted by dragon-soul92)An Annoying Concern
Recruitment Threads - Trilogy restart recruitment. (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy restart recrui...
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by dragon-soul92)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Nomad D2)LLE - WoT Game
Comings and Goings - Hello! (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Hello!
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Cyberpunk --> Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
Parent thread: Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
GM for this game: Bromern Sal
Players for this game: TannTalas, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Giddy, Aletheia, Espatier
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Evil Womens
Price: $16.50

Espatier
Regular Visitor
Karma: 0/0
58 Posts


A night at the Enclave

“You do know choomba that we have several enclaves around the city, right?” the enclave vendor explained.

 

“Awhhh yeah, but this is the only one that I know about,” Luther explained.

 

“Yes, and they are small, but offer a wide variety of services”, the vendor continued.

 

“But I’m looking for a more personal service, if you know what I mean.” Luther said, as he looked through the wares of the vendor.

 

“Awhhhh stuffit, jam, hook up” the male vendor nodded then turned his head to yell behind him. “Feng, call Hui Yin, hurry, this man in need.”

 

Luther was a grown man, but when the male vendor shouted out that he wanted to buy “flesh”, he looked around to see many faces turn his way with a few giggles. “Awhh … no, no, I’m not like that!” Luther exclaimed.

 

“OH you want boy then?! … Feng!” the male vendor called out.

 

“No, wait a sec … I’m just looking for some information about about a boy”.

 

Just then Ms or Mrs Feng appeared next to the male vendor that was yelling, She looked down at luther from her vantage point behind the counter that was 3 feet higher than the floor.  Over her cybernetic glasses, then though them “ Why you no want girl, Hui Yin, joygirl, good genes, smart and cheap ... she will love on you long time, you no want boy whore, I get you nice girl instead”.  The female vendor reached out to touch with her agent to Luther's to make a transaction with his.

 

“ I’m looking for some information about where I can find information about a missing child”. “Ohhh why you not say so, Shǎzi (foolish)”. You need to post over by those monitors” the male vendor pointed across the way. “ you find I-N-F-O B-R-O-K-E-R” (he spoke slowly) to luther as if he was “touched by God or something”.



“ You still want girl, yes?” Ms Feng asked. Luther smiled and politely declined with a shake of his head. “ Are you lazy american, why, you have no work?” she quizzed. “ Yes, I work... well I was a teacher at one time, now but I......” Luther tried to explain but was cut off abruptly by the woman. “ You teacher?!...” She smiled with a grin. “ OH you meet Hui Yin, you help her with study, make her smart like you, yes?”

 

Mr Feng broke into his native chinese language and the two started to banter in front of Luther.   Luther began to walk away toward the monitors but not before he hears.

 

“ Hey Boy, You Boy... come”.  Mr Feng spoke at Luther “ Are you real teacher?”   Mr Feng looked at him long, hard and with a lot of doubt.   “ Feng thinks that your a elementary school teacher, is this right?”.   Luther walked back over and said “ No, I’m sorry that isn’t correct”.

 

Mr Feng immediately broke back into chinese again to Mrs Feng (Luther assumed) shaking his finger in her face, while she dismissed him with what seems not so nice language in chinese.

 

“ I was a highschool teacher actually”   Luther spoke aloud. Both chinese vendors stopped dead in their tracks.  Turning both of their heads towards Luther in tandem. Ms Feng “ then why you no speak, good engrish”?.  She snapped in a questioning manner.

 

Luther was in shock at Ms Feng’s retort and wanted to laugh but he didn’t...   “ I’m part native american, but the high school still thinks that I can speak and teach .... English as a teacher”.

 

“ You  might be smart but you have no... no...” Mǔqīn de zhìhuì” Mr Feng shot back.

 

“ I’m sorry but I’m not sure what then means” luther explained.  “ Mother’s wit.... Street smarts” a new voice said from behind. Luther turned to see a few people around him that were listening in to his conversation with interest.  Luther looked for a way to get away from the crowd that began to form around him with interest.

 

Luther was out numbered and in a different ethnic part of the enclave, so Luther thought that this would be a good time to leave the area and quickly.

 

Luther bore the charismatic smile to those that were around him and began to excuse himself out the way through the crowd, “ Nice to meet everyone but I need to go, thank you for the information”. *tipping his fedora and trying to leave the area.

 

“ Stop him!” someone shouted, Luther thought that this was going to be a quick fight and that he hoped to get a few before he would fall.  “ Teacher!.... Can you teach our people?”

a voice came from behind.

 

Luther stopped his fast movement away from the crowd that had begun to form, Stop and turned to listen.

 

“ Our kids, our people in fact need a good teacher but we can’t pay a lot of money”.

 

“ I really don’t teach anymore.. “ Luther explained.

 

“ But can you teach?” a voice from the crowd asked  “ Why?” Luther answered.

 

A small frail man came forward  from the crowd “ Our people are in need of a teacher... for basic language skill and overall just general knowledge in your american schools”.  “We as a people have a tendency to want a native speaker to teach”.

 

“Well that's nice but I need to find a kid that is missing, so I’m sorry that your having some problems but--”

 

“ MAYBE we can help one other?” the man offered.

 

“ Can you help with a broken transmission, finding a child and help pay my bills?” Mused Luther

 

“ We can even find you man boys if you like”... the old stranger grinned.

 

“ Why does everyone think that I want a manboy?, Damn...”

 

“ Because you asked for “personal service!” Mr Feng shouted.  

 

“ Mr Feng, I ask about a inquiry...about a missing child”.

 

“ I’m Boa, My Sister is Feng, I no Mr Feng, just Boa” Boa explained.

 

Luther lifted his hands in the air. “ See.... this isn’t going to work, I’m sorry” Luther explained.

 

“What type of car you need help with?”. The older man continued to talk as he walked closer and began to lead Luther to a shop as his small frail hand reached up and took Luther’s arm.

 

“ You know anything about a 2025 Shiltron, Twin cab SLT pick up truck by Spinelli Autotech?”. Luther asked as he looked down at the small man.

 

“ I.... might know a guy” the old man said as he cocked his head to the side as he continued to lead Luther down one of the many isles for vendors.

 

“Well .. I need tires, new or R&R transmission, my radiator leaks, oh and  the power steering is dead and I have ---”

 

“ So... we make a deal?... you teach, you proctor the test at the state level school then, yes?”

Queried the small man.

 

Luther paused a bit and listened. “ So...How much are you talking about?”

 

The older man had him seated at a table in a small restaurant with a outdoorish area. The chinese crowd began to follow the two and encircled them but stayed outside of the barriers that blocked regular foot traffic.

 

“ We will get to that soon enough, please sit and drink with me” The elder asked.

 

“ Why would you need someone like me, can’t you get someone like--”

 

“ Like ourselves? You ask” the old man chuckled   “ That is why... its our own people charging us more to educate our kids and to assist with getting our people things here, we know how to get here but “Shoes” are hard to come by”.

 

Luther sat thinking in this seat, drinking  a hot tea that was very nice and calming... he was taking in what this community needs were.

 

“ Shoes huh?.... I might know a guy” He smiled back at the old man. “ Maybe we could help one another” Luther nodded with his infectious smile. ** was it the koreans that were pressing these chinese?, were they going to sell his passports (Shoes)?** Luther thought to himself. Luther continues “ I have a need and want list if you want to wheel and deal”

 

The odor of something fantastic was in the air, that interrupted his thinking. Luther didn’t eat at the restaurant earlier and the food was making his stomach growl.

 

A tablet was brought to the table from someone in the crowd that followed the two to the restaurant shop. Theygot the attention of the small elder man, he turned, smiled and spoke some chinese words Luther guessed. The Elder then examined the tablet, then slid it over in front of Luther.   

 

“ You got information already about Upstairs / Downstairs and the kid already?” Luther queried.

 

“ Can you answer these questions.... Without your agent?” the old man asked Luther as he tapped at the tabet.   Luther peered at the tablet.. After picking it up.

 

**It was a 12th grade general education test for a student

Luther laid his agent on the table and powered it down to show that he wasn’t cheating

 

Rolled 10+12 (mod)=22

rolling 1d10

(10)= 10

+12 mod

general education

22 (I'll assume) that he can answer all the general education questions

Luther answered the questions in about 3 minutes... Then passed back the test and pressed a few buttons.... Then smiled.

 

The old man picked up the tablet and  tapped a few buttons, then began to show the crowd the results.  “ My grand daughter thanks you Mr.....” The elder leaned in over the table asking this stranger his name.  

 

“ Charlie, just plain ole Charlie, Mr....” Luther leaned in to him as well.

 

“ Teacher,  Mr Charlie, She just got her first A in several months, We thank you”

 

Luther Washington - Fixer: To Persuade: 28

** Persuasive speech**

 

“ Help me find that missing kid I posted about on the Giri board, Pay rent to my current level of comfort, help fix my vehicle and in return, I teach 12 students during the day for 8 hours of instruction 0700-1500. During my breaks I will stay and take care of my own private business”.

 

“So you stay the whole day, yes?”. The elder asked

 

“At times I will need to make runs...

 

“ not acceptable” the elder explained... “ say that it is a cultural difference”.  

 

“Look, I’ll run a night school... for anyone from time to time, but I need sleep, good money and this job might sound more interesting if it had a good benefits package”.

 

“7 days morning till noon”... elder spoke.

 

“5 days, morning till noon or I’ll take my chances with the Giri board and other people finding me help”. Luther countered again “ And I pick what days are the 5, deal?” he quickly added.

 

“We pay your rent in one of our areas...” elder spoke.

 

“ Chinatown?... Thanks but not thanks, your right, I’m american and you guys have places that are way too small. Beside most round eyes are not welcome in certain  areas with your many “booster gangs”.

 

“ You safe, we will watch over you only, you have no friends over ever, no loud music, company can come over after 2100 till morning, we have children and should not see you with lady company, for you our teacher and teachers are pure.  

 

“ Your kidding right?” Luther looked over the crowd.

 

Ms Feng “ We no kidd, Mr Charlie, E-V-E-R”   Ms Feng spoke aloud from behind the concrete barrier as the elder and Luther sat at the outside cafe.

 

“Can’t you just pay the rent where I’m at right now?” Asked Luther.

 

“ NO, too high, you pay too much, no good” Feng snapped. The elder raised his hand to silence her with only a simple silent gesture.



“ After we see that your flowers have blossomed, we we renegotiate the contract once more”.

Luther Washington - Fixer: To Streetdeal: 32



“ ... we don’t have a lot but we will keep you safe, bring you good food with passing grades from our children for they are our future, yes?”.

 

Luther listened but stayed stoic.

 

“ The place will be smaller not like american wasting space, you understand right?”.

 

“ Augh... I don’t know if this is going to work guys and I’m sorry if I wasted your time”. Luther began to get up.

 

“ Please...wait....” The older man then spoke in chinese and Ms Feng left through the crowd with haste. “ Please sit and drink some more tea with an old man, please” The elder gestured again for Luther to sit.

 

Luther sits back down...

 

“ You have spirit?”

 

“ What?” Luther looks confused.

 

“ You have  spirit...er..umm.. Religion, belief like... jesus, buddha, yes?”.

 

“ somewhat but--” Luther answered.  

 

“ Then listen to your heart and your spirit... do what’s right and help an old man and his community, Yes?”.

 

“Look... I need credits, Giri or something to make this work me... “ Luther answered the elder. “ Priority one right now is that I need information and then I might be willing to start teaching the kids for you and help to assimilate into Night city, I’ll even help you find someone that will get you new shoes and other items that you might need from time to time”.

 

“ You have posted information and no info broker will deal with you about what you are seeking, Now IF... Lǎo (Old)” The elder points to himself “ find then you will start, yes?”

 

“The deal is this Mister Lao.... I get info to pass to my teammates, I have a need, not a want, a need to pay my rent. But.. if you can find me a place that is to my standard american living conditions and find someone that can get my vehicle up and running in a safe fashion. Then yes I could start teaching when you want me to start then”.

 

Elder Lao smiled politely, turned as he stood up and motioned for the watier to refill Luther’s glass. Mister Lao then turned to the crowd to gathered chinese nationalist that have patiently waited to be addressed. Lao spoke in Chinese to the crowd and it seemed to Luther that it might have been something like a town hall meeting with various people asking questions. Some shaking their heads no but a mostly it was some form of debate and finger pointing.  It seemed some sort of perhaps giri or propositions made within their community.

Luther Washington - Fixer: To Perceive: 16

 

Minutes later as Lau and the crowd debated things as most men do with irrational emotion from time to time, Ms Feng came back with a woman wearing a bright yellow dress carrying with a bowl of soup... and it smelled like real  food (which was rare).

 

“ Please eat “ the woman said as she brought the bowl to luther.

 

Luther smiled and said “thank you”. She returned the smile and introduced herself as “ Hui Yin”. “ I’m told that your the one that is going to help teach us this year so we can send others to the american universities, yes?”.

 

Luther was quiet, but smiled   “Perhaps... it depends on what is going on right now” Luther nodded as more finger pointing and hand gestures flew around.

 

“ You want to teach  Hui Yin to get smarter, yes?”.

 

“No. No.. its --”

 

joygirl Hui Yin will teach you, clean your room, wash your clothes and shop with your agent as needed, yes?”.

 

Luther stopped eating.. But he didn’t want to.

 

“ No one shops with my agent but me....” Luther's voice got colder “ We are talking things over with the elder and working things out still”.

 

“ Hui Yin will sit and wait with you, yes?”

 

Luther slurped more noodles and nodded, after a few minutes Lau returned to the table to sit and Ms Hui Yin stood up and waited for the elder to sit, then sat after he was seated.

 

“ Mister Charlie, we have accepted your offer and will help you, help us. BUT...” Lao cautioned “ We are not americans and this is difficult for us to get involved in your politics”.

 

Luther nodded “ So  maybe we can start as soon as --”  

 

Mister Lao passed the tablet once again.

 

“ No more tests, please Mr Lao”.

 

“ Mr Charlie, what you seek, is what, we find.” Mister Lao gave a nod with his head   “ You americans sometimes don’t think that we can understand your english and ignore us, so it makes it easier for us to remain invisible while in sight”.  

 

Luther smiled “so you have new information for me?!”.

 

“ Yes, it will get you started but it will need more information as we don't wish to get involved in american politics”.

Luther began to slide the tablet to himself as Mister Lao placed his hand over Luther's

“ WE ask that you honor our customs and this is not negotiable my friend Mr charlie, you will be our guest in chinatown very soon, will you agree to these terms?”.

 

“Terms?.... Like what?” Luther asked

 

Mr Lao looked to Hui yin.

 

Luther shook his head  looked at the elder and said. “ I don’t need a babysitter, besides her english isn’t the best and it's just going to interfere with --”

 

“ So if I spoke better english I guess that the very smart american teacher would be be able to then save all the poor chinese people”  hui spoke in perfect english.

 

“ You speak perfect english!” Exclaimed Luther.

 

“ Yes... I can speak better than you, and in several dialects as well, but all you americans ever want is some cute, weak chinese girl that needs to be rescued by some stupid american, forget it, the deal is off.

 

** chinese words spoken in obvious anger**  

 

“ I don’t need nor want your money nor help!”  

 

Hui Yun then got up and began to leave in haste. Elders from the crowd spoke in chinese and fingers started to fly yet again. Hui then began to sat back down and then apologised

To the elder but turned her body away from Mr Charlie after sitting back down again.

 

Hui became quiet but it was obvious that she was mad about this whole deal.

 

“ I didn’t mean to offend you, Ms Yun, I came in here to get some information about a place and a kid that I really needed to find fast, before I got tangled up with your mom and dad”.

 

Hui looked over her shoulder to the crowd “ They are my surrogate family that I owe because they bought my debt for the fees incurred to get me over here to the states. So I make my money anyway that I can, so don’t eat our food and judge me by my work.  I don’t need to be pitied”.

 

Hui took the bowl right from under Luther as he was still eating and even more chinese words flew again before she stopped and sat down again.

 

Luther spoke “ Okay... let try to make this work, without anymore yelling or raising voices...so tell me why you need a outsider”. Luther asked after Hui sat down again.

 

“ The schools here will not recognize my degree from china, I’m a professor not a joygirl that ....... I survive, okay?. But my sin card here doesn’t work and I need a new one to work but everyone knows me now, so even if I get a new sin  if wouldn’t matter.

 

“ stay underground for about a year maybe and reapply.... People change jobs or transfer, then apply for your teacher license under your new sin, simple” Luther explained.

 

“Yeah simple for you, but your corporations are different here”. Hui Yun explained.

 

“ IF I help, not saying that I will.... can we all get along here at the enclave?”.

 

Hui leans in... “ Yes, I’ll even help here at the enclave once my debt is pay to my family. You finish eating, I’ll get my things, we will go to your home and start”.

 

“ With me?”

 

“Yes... or who is going to pack your things, You ... by yourself before you start to stay with Boa and feng?”.

 

“ what?... no I have my own place, that will not work”.

 

“ Fine... I stay with you until your ready to leave then”.

 

“ No.. I don’t need you to babysit me, but thank you”.

 

Hui looks at feng and says “ your right, he want man-boy instead still, thats okay”.

 

“Just because I say NO to you does mean that I like manboys, okay?”.

 

“ Okay.... but I’m ready to leave after your done talking” Hui said.

 

“So... deal, yes?” Mister Lao interrupts

 

“ Wait, no...  

 

Mr Lao begins to slide the information back towards himself that Charlie so desperately needs

 

“Wait....” Mr charlie exclaimed “this is all going fast and I need time to think this over for a bit”.

 

“ Mr Charlie, no time, we have answers to what you need, you take, then go with Joygirl. No worries.... She VERY americanized, she argue like a nagging wife, you enjoy, she teach very good chinese and culture so that you will understand your need better. Joygirl Hui is now your problem..”

 

*chinese words yelled from afar

“ I mean she is now your..... *Fángjiān de bànlǚ”. Roommate, but she is--”

 

Hui interrupted “Zhǐnán!”

 

“Guide, yes.... But in having your american style housing in our community doesn’t come cheap... so Hui comes with the deal” Lao explains.

 

Luther looked hard and long at the tablet then turned to Hui and stood up. He then asked for her hand  politely. Hui looked quizzical but finally offered her hand in return and stood.

 

“ I need a minute to confer with my new ... partner her about somethings in private for a moment, please”.

 

Lao nodded with approval and the two stepped deeper in side and to the side of the restaurant.

 

“Look.... you don’t want me around and I don’t want you either so how can we work this out then?” Luther asked

 

“ I want to stop working as a joygirl, got that?”

 

“Yeah... so”

 

“ So you help me..and I’ll help you, ok?” Hui asked

 

“ what's in  it for me?” smiled Luther with his infectious smile.

 

“ Whatever is on that tablet” Hui smirked.

 

“ I could always cut a new deal... leaving you out in the cold and back at work as a joygirl”.

 

“ Fine...”*she rolled her eyes  “but no sex”.

 

“Fine with me” * rolled his eye in a mocking fashion of Hui

 

“ your really are not into chinese girls are you?”

 

“Nope.....36-24-36 only means something if she is 5’5. I like them thick but not a stick!”.

*Hui giggled and smiled for the first time at Luther.  “Okay, you help me get my teaching license and a new SIN and... maybe help some of the other girls too?”.

 

“ Help the other girls?” Luther asked. “ We will see what types of contacts and friends that you have, later on then, then I’ll see what I can do, Okay?”.

 

Hui nodded.  

 

Both came back to the table. *chinese words were spoken from Hui as she addressed the crowd and the crowd began to murmur for a bit. Then she walk with her head down and stood beside Mr Charlie's left side and stood in silence.

 

Luther watched then turned to Mr Lao. “ Help get info, Pimp out the car, pay rent with no restrictions... “ Hui then elbowed Luther “within chinese culture”.

 

Mr lao continued to listen.

 

“ I teach 12 kids 0700-1500, 5 not 7 days a week, no restrictions, Hui will work helping me teaching at your school and she stays with her family.

 

Hui coughed

 

“ I mean.... She stays with me ... in my americanized apartment”

 

Mr Lao made charlie wait for an answer and it seemed like an eternity before he spoke.

 

“Agreed” with a swift head nod. The crowd cheered!.

 

Hui stepped forward, bowed to the elder and spoke in chinese, then returned to Mr Charlie's left side and three steps behind him.

 

“ You start tomorrow morning Mr charlie” Smiled Mr loa.

 

“ I might be late..”

 

Mr Loa began to frown.

 

“ My vehicle isn’t working”.

 

Lao nodded then spoke to Hui for a bit in chinese. Hui spoke back in a softer manner than before and bowed to the elder. “ Mr charlie, I will need your address and for you to sign a release form so the Mr wong can pick up your vehicle from where ever it is, please” Hui asked.

 

“Yes...that is fine” Luther replies.

 

“Mr Lao EXPECTS you to be on time before tomorrow because he is going to get Mr wong to work on it right away”.

 

Charlie nodded.

 

Hui raised her agent to charlie “ I need to transfer some chinese books about our language and culture, Mr lao hopes that you will start learn as soon as possible”.

 

Luther raised his agent to make the file transfer ( basic chinese, Basic chinese culture).

 

Mr lao then finally passes the tablet to make the transfer himself, luther raises his agent to receive the file (info about upstairs downstairs). Luther then excuses himself to sit and look at the precious information that he so badly needed about the child in question.

 

“ By your leave Mr Charlie?” Luther looked up to Hui.

 

“ Your going?”

 

“ If it pleases Mr charlie, I wish to perform these tasks so that you will be ready for a every early morning for Mr charlie, perhaps Mr charlie would like to look over the curriculum later on, yes?”.

 

Luther nodded to Hui.

 

“Would you care to see the place right now?” Hui asks.

 

Luther’s agent rang for a Giri trade.

Cred Stick Charlie: To Streetdeal: 19

for Giri with agent call or adjusts his modified credit stick (Forgery) or works a deal with a merchant about using a machine to make new shoes.

----------------

Cred Stick Charlie: Streetwise: 13

for posting replies

Looking to find edgerunner that are willing to work for me

---------------------

 

Luther cut her off for a second and took the “unknown” call.

 

** luther thought that this was strange, a unscurede call from inside the enclave?

 

“ Hello?”

 

“ Mr charlie?” a voice asked.

 

“ Yes, how can I get what you need?”

 

The voice chuckled for a bit. “ Yeah, your the right man for this job... No Mr charlie, It’s us that has a favor to ask of you. We need someone to be the new head shrinker for a couple of Cee-Metals that are interested in visiting our enclave here but we need to make sure that they will behave at our enclave and in return we will offer a reward for your loyalty to our way of life. So, Mr charlie are you really that “hungry” as you say that you are?”.

 

“ Question.... What happened to last guy or gal that was hired to clear them for the enclave?”

 

“ So your not so hungry then Mr Charlie--”

 

“ I’ll take the job, Sir...” Luther answered

 

“ Would you also be interested in dealing with food stock orders with rolling nations?”

 

“Yes Sir”

 

“Awhhh you are a very hungry edgerunner, aren't you?.  Well...you might want to consider expanding your repertoire.  Ghost that come to visit from time to time have needs from techs, to  finding parts and upgrades. But lastly we are getting requests from several of the Neo - corps that wish to use our services.  But be warned... these guys are just as rough as the Cee metals and twice as cold. We will warn you to learn or research before talking to these guys. They are all about corporate protocol”.

“ Thank you Sir”

“Mark which ones that you want to help and we will get you temporary dog tags from those enclaves here with a local negotiator, then make your way over to the medical section for the temporary dog tag issue to those that are interested in.

 

*Luther taps away

 

“Excellent...Oh and Mr Charlie, the chinese here are expecting great things from you, don’t let our enclave people down. If Luther Washington remember that, you will go far here and even father at other enclaves, for we all talk to one another. This enclave hopes that you will serve us well, For we honestly wish you the best”.

 

** Crap thought Luther as he heard his real name.

 

“ Well in that case enclave, I say this is an excellent mission sir, with an extremely valuable objective sir, worthy of my best efforts sir. Moreover I feel heartfelt sorrow for the edgerunners before me and I am willing to lay down my life and the lives of my contacts, to expedite this task at hand, to please this enclave..Sir”.

“ Oh yeah... your a good sweet talker but remember that each Alt Cult, enclave, and groups have their own culture. Read up on them before making any deals otherwise this enclave will be looking for a new “johnson” to fit in these shoes”. Okay... you can see that we have sent you coordinates to your contacts, please contact them immediately then you will be free to carry on with other activities”.

 

“ Copy clear, Sir”

 

“The eyes of the enclave are watching” then the agent hung up.

 

“ Was that the enclave operator?” Hui yun asked. “ Yeah” Luther said with a nod.

 

*Hui yin spoke chinese aloud to others around them. The crowd was still gathered around murmured and nodded their heads. “ Your big time now Mr Charlie, pretty soon you will have your own shop, restaurant or business. Everyone here knows that you are number 1 american chinese teacher now”

 

Luther still looked stunned.

Hui yun nodded and then stood closer to Luther’s side. Luther and Hui began to leave through the crowd as people smiled, bowed and patted him on the back as he walked past them. Minutes passed as luther with hui in tow made their way to one of the first stops.

 









Posted on 2018-05-16 at 03:20:23.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2183 Posts


What to do with a few hours rest

Fixer went with the others to get some rest.  He was exhausted.  He hadn't realized how tired he was - he was used to running long hours when on a job.  You just kept going on adrenaline until you no longer could.  But the crashes could be long and he couldn't afford that now.  And he'd never been a very big fan of running on extra on the juice.  One type of juice could lead to another type of juice which could lead to another and, well, bad things.  So he tried to avoid it.  Good old sleep was what he needed and if it was only to be 2 hours, then so be it.  The kid probably didn't have a lot more.  

When they got out of their little coffins he stretched and looked at the others.  "As I said, I'm in for checking on Mrs. White.  But we want those personell files.  Names and work schedules.  Plus, you've said a couple of times that only their vehicles came and went from the school.  Was there any video evidence of Jace ever leaving the school?  If not, is that because they don't have cameras at the exits or because he didn't leave?  Those vans would be anothe option.  Can we find plates on which vans left and when?  Who was driving them?  What their scheduled stops were?"  



Posted on 2018-05-17 at 22:29:49.

Espatier
Regular Visitor
Karma: 0/0
58 Posts


a time of rest for the others

“Feelin’ better?” Vegas calls as the medtech steps into the mud and strolls towards where the team is gathering.

“A little,” Looking about, Colin continues, “Anyone up for EnduroDrink? Bet we could find some shops selling the stuff nearby.”

“That stuff tastes like s***, but you can live on it,” Blossom injects with a smile as she unwraps a lollipop. “I could use the boost.”

“Fine, we’ll see about grabbing some on our way out,” Vegas concedes. “Now, where’s that fix—There he is! Charlie! What’d you find out?

Charlie appears from a crowd of people with a youngish Chinese girl that is wearing a bright yellow dress with thigh high boots

Girl

With a few words that are exchanged, the woman turns and walks to peer at some vendor’s wares but out of earshot. After Charlie approaches he explains “ not much but I think that I’ll have more information later on though” he explains with his infectious smile.

“Well, that’s that,” Vegas grumbles and looks out at the mass still milling about despite the later hour of the evening. “OK, I’ll put it to the lot of you. Should we pay the headmistress of Bartholomew School a visit at her home—a place that is likely pretty heavily secured—or do we head on over to the Upstairs Downstairs, Inc offices and see if we can’t get Blossom some alone time with a server?”

(OOC: Time is 11:05 P.M. PST)

 

Charlie looks at his agent and notes the time as being “2305”. “ Well it's way past oh dark thirty so I think that we should consider the home office of “upstairs downstairs”. Mr Vegas, your right.... A headmistress of a school with some worth to it would be a “hard target” but you still can put some 24 hours surveillance on it and see what still moves”.

Charlie then switches to Ms Blossom. “ Any chance that you can work your magic remotely so that you don’t have to physically be on site?”  He queries.

  • Assumes she gives an answer

“Damn.... you all look like hell...warmed over” Charlie muses as he looks over the group. “ I know that we as a collective don’t have too much and we have even more questions. So I’ll make my part quick so that you guy can figure out what your going to do”.

“ I would like to recommend that if your going to go through all of this mess that you should get a little something, right?”. Charlie smiles “ And what I mean by that is my next proposal...“

Charlie leans into the group with hushed tones  “ Make it look like a 211, you know... a burglary and that way if something goes awry, then the kids doesn’t get move or hurt. Anything that you guys take you can take your time analyzing at your leisure later and make a few credits along the way”.

“This is the part where I come in again”.

“Anything that you take you drop off to me and I’ll fence everything off for you”.  “Look... your going to the home office, they also have several vans and maybe a few cars too. Load one up or two... then I’ll help you get a clean pair of tags, registration and a new ID if you wanted one, it will beats sleeping outdoors”.

“Anyways... think about it. But I’m sure that everyone here is tired of walking , am I right, yeah?”



Posted on 2018-05-18 at 16:47:14.
Edited on 2018-05-18 at 16:48:32 by Espatier

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 169/114
6030 Posts


Enclave pt 1

Glass Bottom Bar & Grill | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 8th, Day 2 (Saturday), 7:52 PM PST Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.) Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

As Casino listened to all the catch up talk, then the talk of resting, the big solo could not help but feel a bit guilty. Afterall he'd had a nights rest at Hightowers and was no where near as exhausted as the rest of the team must be. It finally came to a head as Bloodbank spoke up.

“Now hold on,” Bloodbank sets his beer down and leans forward. “We’ve been at this for no small amount of time and I’m willing to wager that not many of us are operating on much sleep. So, we either proceed with a lot of stim, or we catch an hour or two of shut-eye, and an Enclave could allow us some solid downtime while putting this man in his element. I know Jace doesn’t have a whole lot of time, but we’re no good to anyone dogged out and foggy.”

“Personally I’m not tired but I could always use some down time.” Casino put in looking the other team members over. Yeah it could clearly be seen that Blossom, BloodbankFixer and Ghlahn were dead on their feet. Interesting enough Echo seemed fired up and ready to go as did Vegas who once again made his voice heard.

“We don’t have that kind of time to waste,” Vegas argued while spreading his hands, palm up.

“I agree with Bloodbank,” Blossom mumbles, the charge seemingly draining from her as her shoulders slump with the realization of how tired she is.

Luther looks upon the group, “Well... if anyone changes their minds I can be reached on my agent.” Rising, he tugs his overcoat about him and reaches for his drone case.

“Now, hold on,” the Sinatra look-alike shakes his head and looks down at the table. “I don’t like the thought of us not being able to take action quickly when needed, so I’ll concede. How ‘bout the lot of us soft-shoe our way to this Enclave and everyone can get some rest while Charlie, here, does his song and dance routine. A couple of hours tops, and then we are back at it. What say you all?”

Luther turned and leading the group from the bar they gathered up their things and followed, Casino finding himself next to Echo. Within a space of minutes not even an hour they found themselves at this Enclave, better called a morgue Each coffin unit was stacked on top of the foundation units and clamped down using electromagnetic locking mechanisms to keep them from being knocked over by any event short of a cataclysmic one. Elevator platforms sit in front of each column with very little space between them and a CredChip Reader installed right on the platform. A holographic woman in a nighty hovers over the top of the whole assembly beckoning passersbys with an enticing gaze and a crooked finger while lounging seductively on her side. A much less attractive Asian man stands just in front of the temporary domiciles yelling in heavily accented English, “Get rest! You do it now! Cheap. No rats!” while a mangy looking, real-life dog, sits forlornly at his muddy, booted feet.

“This work for everyone?” Vegas turns and addresses his team. “Two hours enough time?”

“Two hours is better than nothin’,” Bloodbank nods and wearily walks past the crooner to board one of the elevator platforms.

“You no regret!” the Asian man grins exposing rotting teeth and blackened gums. “You sleep like baby.”

“Well,” Blossom stifles a yawn with the back of her hand. “That’ll keep me up.”

“I can think of other things much more pleasant to keep you up,” Vegas sweeps in with a roguish smile.

“So can I,” Blossom quips, tossing her soaked platinum hair over her shoulder with a deft turn of her head as she glides past the solo. “But I think I’ll try my luck with the nightmares for the time being, choomba.”

“She don’t know what she’s missing,” the fedora-wearing gunman grins at his partner. “You gonna try to get some shut-eye?”

Turning his head to his friend and partner, a glint of humor filled his eyes. “Yeah well maybe you don’t know WHAT your missing choomba”.

Moving away Casino moved to stand watch. He no longer had the NCD to even rent a coffin so he’d stand semi-watch as the rest of them slept. Once all were rested they’d head back on the trail of young Jace........



Posted on 2018-05-19 at 18:58:55.
Edited on 2018-05-19 at 18:59:26 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2084 Posts




  Ghalahn listened.  He was good at listening and at watching.  What he heard was people hopped up to do somthing but with little concrete idea of what to do.  As for watching, that showed the fatigue setting in on all of them.  "Seems like a bit of downtime might be a good idea.  We have no solid leads and lack of sleep tends to mess with decision making.  Before we go running off with no real purpose maybe we rest and then look at it again with clearer minds.  If some of yo want to stay awake and do more digging on teh net that is fine with me but we al need to stick together."  



Posted on 2018-05-21 at 18:00:34.

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Keeping watch ...

“Well,” Blossom stifles a yawn with the back of her hand. “That’ll keep me up.”

“I can think of other things much more pleasant to keep you up,” Vegas sweeps in with a roguish smile.

Once again, Echo’s eyes rotate within her head as she listened to the crooner trying to worm his way into Blossom’s rest time.

“So can I,” Blossom quips, tossing her soaked platinum hair over her shoulder with a deft turn of her head as she glides past the solo. “But I think I’ll try my luck with the nightmares for the time being, choomba.”

Echo attempted to stifle a laugh but wasn’t exactly successful, so she turned around and pretended to inspect the pods.

“She don’t know what she’s missing,” the fedora-wearing gunman grins at his partner. “You gonna try to get some shut-eye?”

Turning his head to his friend and partner, a glint of humor filled his eyes. “Yeah well maybe you don’t know WHAT your missing choomba”.

Moving away Casino moved to stand watch. He no longer had the NCD to even rent a coffin so he’d stand semi-watch as the rest of them slept. Once all were rested they’d head back on the trail of young Jace...

Watching as the others besides Charlie and Casino filter into the sleep pods, Echo moved over to stand by Casino.

“Aren’t you going to get some shuteye, Choomba?” she asks quietly, indicating the pods. “I can keep watch over you all, unless you’re not tired,” she said, “Or I can just keep you company so we have two sets of peepers keeping track of the team?”

(OOC - assuming a positive answer)

Echo keeps the conversation light, hoping to give each of them a small respite from the stress of the job, and a chance to discover more about each other as they chat.



Posted on 2018-05-30 at 02:14:08.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 137/11
3574 Posts




Edgerunner Enclave | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 8th, Day 2 (Saturday), 11:05 PM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

******************** Luther’s Evening *********************

“You know, choomba, that there other encraves in city, right?” the Asian vendor explains with a grimy grin.

“Awhhh yeah, but this is the only one that I know about,” Luther responds congenially.

“Is so? You need get out more. You find encraves each wide variety of services”, the vendor instructs, still eyeballing the finely dressed fixer as though he’s a sideshow oddity.

“But I’m looking for a more personal service, if you know what I mean.” Luther says as he looked through the various wares that the vendor is showcasing in cracked and filthy wheeled display cases.

“Awhhhh, stuffit, jam, hook up, input,” nodding, the skinny little man turns his head to yell behind him. “Feng, call Hui Yin. Hurry! Man in need.”

Luther is a grown man, but when the man shouts out that he wants to buy “flesh,” he looks about to see many faces turn his way accompanied by knowing grins and more than a few giggles from females in proximity.

“Awhh…no, no, I’m not like that!” Luther exclaims.

“OH! You want boy then?! Feng,” grit-covered hands motion towards a young man in a green and orange Oriental robe lounging on the parameter of a monstrous olive green army tent. Almond-shaped eyes scope out the fixer with appreciation and he starts towards them. At the same time, heavy canvas flaps part and a petite middle-aged Asian woman with her hair done up tightly in a bun wearing a bright red gown emerges.

“No, wait a sec…” Cred-Stick Charlie shakes his head causing rainwater to flip from the brim of his hat, “I’m just looking for some information about a boy.”

Ms. or Mrs. Feng arrives at the vendor’s side. She looks Luther up and down from her vantage point behind the counter. She stands on the seller’s platform, a faux-wood structure that places both the male vendor and now here, three-feet higher than the slippery, mud-covered, courtyard ground. Over her cybernetic glasses—then though them—she asks in a no-nonsense tone, “Why you no want gir’, Hui Yin—joygirl—good genes, smart and cheap... she love on you rong time; you no want boy whore, I get you nice gir’ instead.” Hui Yin reaches out a delicate hand clutching her agent to interface with Luther's and seal the transaction.

“I’m looking for some information about where I can find a missing child.”

“Oh! Why you not say so, Shǎzi (foolish)? You need post over by monitors,” the man exclaims pointing across the sprawl of human traffic to a tall light post upon which a number of flatscreen monitors have been hung displaying various new channels. “You find I-N-F-O B-R-O-K-E-R.” He speaks slowly to Luther as though the Native American is touched by God or something.

“You still want girl, yes?” Ms. Feng asks bluntly. Luther smiles and politely declines with a shake of his head. “Are you lazy American? You have no money? Why you dress nice when you have no work?” she quizzes.

“Yes, I work... well I was a teacher at one time, but now I...” Luther attempts to explain his current line of work but is abruptly cut off by the woman.

“You teacher?” She smiles broadly showing crooked yellow teeth. “You meet Hui Yin. You help her with study, make her smart like you, yes?”

Mr. Feng breaks into his native Chinese language and the two started to bicker in front of Luther.   Attempting to take advantage of the opportunity, the fixer turns to walk towards the monitors but is stalled when he hears Feng call out to him again.

“Hey Mr. Fancy-Pants, you come back.” Now, more than a few onlookers have gathered.

“Are you real teacher? You dress too fine. Make too much credit to be real teacher,” Mr. Feng gazes at him with a critical eye. “Feng think that you a erementary schoo’ teacher but I say no way. You too pretty. Is right?” Luther walks back over and places his hands on the wet counter and says, “No, I’m sorry that isn’t correct.”

Mr. Feng immediately breaks back into Cantonese again, addressing Mrs. Feng and shaking his finger in her face while she dismisses him with what sounds to the fixer as not so nice language.

“I was a high school teacher, actually.” Luther loudly interrupts them. Both Chinese vendors stop their argument and turn to gaze down upon him once again.

Ms. Feng’s face screws up, “Then why you no speak good Engrish?” she snaps sourly.

Luther is shocked at Ms. Feng’s retort and then finds himself wanting to laugh, but refrains. “I’m Native American, but the high school thought that I speak and teach English well enough.”

“You might be smart but you have no... no... Mǔqīn de zhìhuì,” Mr. Feng shoots back.

“I’m sorry, but I’m not sure what that means,” Cred-Stick Charlie apologizes.

“Mother’s wit... street smarts.” a new voice calls from behind him causing Luther to glance over his shoulder where a few people around him listening in on his conversation are pressing inward, interested in the discussion. Looking for a way to escape from the crowd, Charlie begins to feel a bit of anxiety building inside of him. A crowd focused solely on him can turn south fast. He’s outnumbered and in a very ethnic part of the enclave, so now is a good time to leave the area and quickly.

Striking his most charismatic smile, he began to excuse himself, “Nice to meet everyone but I need to go. Thank you for the information.” Tipping his fedora he takes a few steps towards the innermost people. (OOC: Persuasion & Fast-Talking to make a smooth exit: Exploding 10 = 32.)

“Hey! Hold on a sec,” someone in the crowd shouts out the plea. Luther hopes that this is going to be a quick fight and that he will be able to get a few before he falls.

“Teacher! Teach our people?” another voice calls from behind him and to the right.

Luther stops his attempt to retreat and turns to find the speakers. A multitude of hopeful, dirty Asian faces peer back at him and not one of them is threatening. They haven’t even made any further attempt to converge upon him. Instead, they appear to be looking to him for his reply with both respect and admiration.

“Our kids—our people—need a good teacher, but we can’t pay a lot of money.” Standing at five-foot-six, the woman who steps forward is wearing grungy brown overalls. Her face is finely chiseled with high cheekbones and a high forehead. Grease is smeared across her pointy chin and left cheek and a light tattoo peaks out from the collar of her outfit with a faint red glow. Those around her appear to defer to her as their representative.

“I really don’t teach anymore,“ Luther explains apologetically.

“But can you teach?” a voice from the crowd asks.

“Why me?” Luther answers in question.

“Our people are in need of a teacher... for basic language skill and overall, just general knowledge, in your American schools.” the woman offers. “We, as a people, don’t work for any of the Neo-Corps. Some of us are doctors, some scientist, and others are very skilled at their trade, but we aren’t accepted in the schools because we aren’t affiliated. So,” she looks around and spreads her hands wide. “This is what we have. Most here can’t even speak English.”

“Well that's nice, but I need to find a kid that is missing, so, I’m sorry that you're having some problems but—”

“Maybe,” she interrupts, “we can help each other?”

Looking her over, Luther strikes upon an idea, “Can you help with a broken transmission, finding a child and paying my bills?”

“We find you man-boys you like,” Feng calls back grinning.

“Why does everyone think that I want a man-boy? Damn...”

“Because you ask for personal service, Mr. Fancy-Pants!” Mr. Feng shouts back and laughs as though that’s the funniest thing he’s ever heard.  

“Look,” the woman in the coveralls tries to draw the fixer’s attention back to her. “Ignore him. Can you teach English well enough to help?”

“Mr. Feng,” Luther responds using the name on the neon sign hanging over the man’s head. “I ask inquired about a missing child.”

“I’m Boa. My Sister Feng, I no Mr. Feng, just Boa,” Boa responds with his face all screwed up as though he’s offended that the fixer didn’t know that.

Luther lifts his hands in the air. “See... this isn’t going to work, I’m sorry.”

“What type of car do you need help with?” The women presses hurriedly as he starts to walk away. She drifts up beside him and leads Luther to a shop with a small but firm hand on Luther’s arm.

“You know anything about a 2025 Shiltron, twin cab SLT pick-up truck by Spinelli Autotech?” Charlie asks as he looked about at the parting crowd.

“I... might know a guy” the woman answers cocking her head to the side as she continues to lead Luther down one of the many vendor isles.

“Well, I need tires, new, or an R&R, transmission, my radiator leaks, oh! And the power steering is dead. And I have—”

“So…” she stops and looks up at him, her brown eyes meeting his. “We can make a deal? You teach and proctor the tests at the state level and I’ll compensate you by finding a way to fix your truck?”

Luther pauses and considers her question. “So…how much are you talking about?”

Darting a cautious eye about, she tugs at his arm and leads him into a food tent with the aroma of Ramen noodles hanging heavy in the humid air. Seating them at a table, she glances over the fixer’s shoulder where the chinese crowd had followed.

“We will get to that soon enough. Please sit and drink with me,” she glances over her left shoulder and catches the eye of the proprietor, holding up two fingers.

“Why would you need someone like me, can’t you get someone, like—”

“Like ourselves? Chinese?” the woman shakes her head with a ghost of a smile (OOC: Luther’s Human Perception check = 13). “Our own people charge us more to educate our kids and to assistance. We know how to get here but I.D.s are hard to come by.” Her voice lowers. “The Tong have a stranglehold on everything Chinese.”

Two tea cups of white and blue are placed in front of them on a dingy silver tray with a small pot that matches the cups. Cred-Stick Charlie catches the faint beep of the woman’s agent being charged for their libations. Thinking about what she has shared with him, Luther watches as she ceremoniously pours the tea. He waits quietly, still contemplating the information she’s shared with him, until the tea is prepared. Drinking hot tea is very nice and calming.  

“Shoes, huh? I might know a guy,” He smiles back at the woman. “Maybe we could help one another, after all.” Luther nods with his infectious smile. He wonders if the Koreans are pressing these chinese? Are they going to sell his passports (Shoes) to these people? Luther ponders before continuing, “I have a need and want list if you want to wheel and deal.”

The odor of something fantastic is in the air making it difficult for him to stay focused. Luther hadn’t eaten at the restaurant earlier and the odor is making his stomach growl.

Eyeing her table companion, the woman produces her agent. Allowing her gaze to linger on his face for a moment longer, she looks down at her screen, presses, then swipes and slides the device across the table in front of the fixer.

“You got information already about Upstairs/Downstairs and the kid?” Luther queries with unfeigned surprise.

“Can you answer these questions without using your agent?” she glosses over his question with her own as he looks down at the screen. Picking it up, Charlie stares at the series of questions before him.

A twelfth-grade general education test for students takes up the whole of the available screen real estate. Luther lays his agent on the table and powers it down to show that he isn’t cheating through his neural link.

(OOC: Espatier’s General Education Roll 10+12 (mod) = 22, rolling 1d10 (10) = 10 (another exploding 10) +12 mod + another 1d10 for the exploding 10 = 31.)

Luther answers the questions in about 3 minutes, then passes the agent back to the woman. Awaiting her assessment, he smiles.

Picking up her agent, she tapped the screen twice and then holds up the device to show the crowd the results. “We can deal,” she sets her agent back on the table amidst the muttering from the crowd and leans in to ask this stranger his name.   

“Cred-Stick Charlie, or just plain ol’ Charlie, Ms...” Luther leans in as well.

“Mo Yimu, but you can just call me Mo,” she replies.  

(OOC: Espatier Rolls for Persuasion & Fast-Talking: 28.)

“Help me find that missing kid I posted about on the Giri board, pay rent to my current level of comfort in a place ‘round here, help fix my vehicle and in return, I’ll teach twelve students during the day for eight hours of instruction at 0700 to 1500. During my breaks, I will stay and take care of my own private business.”

“So you’ll stay the whole day? Five days a week?” Mo clarifies.

“At times, I will need to make runs—”

“Not acceptable,” Mo interrupts. “You’re asking us to fund your life for forty hours a week and you want to be able to run off on whatever fool mission you’ve arranged whenever you want? It’s not going to work, Charlie.”

“Look, I’ll run a night school for anyone from time to time, but I need sleep, good money and this job might sound more interesting if it had a good benefits package.”

“Seven days a week morning till noon. And any day that you miss will need to be made up before your benefits come into play,” Mo changes the offer.

“Five days, morning till noon, or I’ll take my chances with the Giri board and other people helping me.” Luther counters again. “And I pick what the days are. Deal?” he quickly adds.

“We pay your rent in one of our areas—” Mo narrows her already narrow eyes and tilts her head to the right just a bit.

“In this enclave? Thanks, but no thanks. Your right, I’m American and you guys have places that are way too small. Besides, most round-eyes are not welcome in certain areas with your many booster gangs.”

“We don’t have cash lying around to cover your expenses,” she shakes her head in disbelief. “That’s why I offered to work on your vehicle. You’re talkin’ a few thousand to fix that truck of yours and a class to teach basic English shouldn’t take more than a couple of weeks. You want to work for four hours a day, five days a week, and demanding more than the Tongs. I’ll get your transmission fixed, find some tires, and your power steering, but that’s it.”

“You’re kidding right?” Luther looks over the crowd.

Ms. Feng, who is standing just inside the tent, shakes her bun, “We no kid, Mr. Charlie, E-V-E-R.”

“Can’t you just pay the rent where I’m at right now and fix my truck?” presses the fixer.

“ NO! Too high! You ask pay too much, no good,” Feng snaps. Mo settles back in her chair and spreads her hands.

“Perhaps, we can renegotiate after we see that your flowers have blossomed,” she raises her eyebrows and folds her arms across her chest.

(OOC: Espatier’s Streetdeal Roll: 32.)

“Look,” Luther turns the tea cup about on its saucer and peers thoughtfully into the swirling cream-colored liquid. “Teaching is a time-consuming job. I got out of it because it didn’t pay enough. You want me to dedicate hours a week I could be putting towards my own business so there’s a price to pay.”

“We don’t have a lot,” Mo stares him down, “but we will keep you safe when you’re here, our families will bring you good food and you’ll earn Giri with passing grades from our children. They’re our future, and we take that very seriously.”

Charlie listened but remains stoic.

“To house you here, we’d have to displace a family, and like you said… it’d be small. You don’t want that.” Mo shrugs. “I’d be willing to bet that you’ve got a decent cube right now. Why walk away from that for less than stellar accommodation?”

“Augh... I don’t know if this is going to work guys and I’m sorry if I wasted your time.” Luther moves to get up.

“Please... wait...” Mo looks over his shoulder and speaks in Cantonese after which Ms Feng leaves through the crowd with haste. “Please sit and drink some more tea. Please,” she gestures again for Luther to sit.

He makes a show of returning slowly to the chair.

“You have spirit?” the grease-smeared woman enigmatically asks.

“What?” Luther looks confused.

“Do you have spirit...umm...Religion...a belief in, like...Jesus or Buddha?”

“Somewhat but—” Luther answers.

“Then listen to your heart and your spirit...do what’s right and help a woman and her community.”

“Look. I need credits, Giri or something to make this work me…” Charlie frankly answers his hostess. “Priority one right now is that I need information and then I might be willing to start teaching the kids for you and help to assimilate your community better into Night city. I’ll even help you find someone that will get you new shoes and other items that you might need from time to time.”

“I don’t know if I can help you with the missing child, Charlie,” Mo shakes her head again, her shoulder-length black hair drifting wet and languid about her elegant neck. “But, you put this time in and you’ll be helping people achieve a better life. I’m not naive enough to believe that’s going to take the place of credits, but I’m also offering to help get your truck back on the road and that’s something. Not to mention the food you’ll receive when teaching and the Giri from this community. That’s no small thing.”

“The deal is this, Mo. I get info to pass to my teammates, I have a need—not a want—a need to pay my rent. But, if you can find me a place that is to my standard American living conditions and find someone that can get my vehicle up and running in a safe fashion—then yes, I could start teaching when you want me to start.”

Mo smiles politely, stands up and refills Charlie’s tea before setting the pot back on the platter and turning to the patiently waiting crowd. Speaking in Cantonese once again, she addresses them. It seems to Luther that it’s something like a town hall meeting with various people asking questions. Some shaking their heads no, but a mostly, it was some form of debate and finger pointing.

(OOC: Espatier’s Human Perception Roll: 16.)

Minutes pass as Mo and the crowd debate. As is common with such things, irrational emotion rises from time to time. Ms Feng arrives with a woman wearing a bright yellow dress. The woman is very pretty with doe-eyes and a pale complexion. Her long, black hair is slicked back with rainwater and the dress clings to her petite frame.

Feng pauses at the mouth of the tent but the girl continues forward. Luther follows her progress with unabashed interest as she passes him. She makes her way to the kitchen area and gracefully serves up a bowl of noodles. Carrying the bowl of soup, she gracefully glides back to Cred-Stick Charlie’s side and places the bowl in front of him—and it smells like real food, which is rare.

“Please eat,” the girl in the yellow dress instructs with a melodic voice.

Luther smiles and offers a, “thank you.” She returns the smile and introduced herself as, “Hui Yin.”

“I’m told that you’re the one that is going to help teach us this year so we can send others to the American universities, yes?”

Luther is quiet, a spoonful of soup halfway to his lips as he smiles. “Perhaps...it depends on what is going on right now.” This comment results in more finger pointing, hand gestures, and argumentative words flying around. Mo watches his face with disconcerting interest from across the table, having returned to her seat.

“You want to teach Hui Yin to get smarter, yes?”

“No. No. its—”

“Joygirl, Hui Yin, will teach you, clean your room, wash your clothes and shop with your agent as needed, yes?”

Luther stops eating. He doesn’t want to, but the implications behind her comment are holding him fast.

“No one shops with my agent but me,” his voice grows cold. “We are talking things over and working things out still.”

“Hui Yin will sit and wait with you, yes?”

Charlie returns to slurping more noodles and nods, trapped by her insistence. After a few minutes, Mo leans forward to address the fixer.

“Charlie, here’s the final offer,” she looks to Hui Yin for a moment and then swallows with a faint downturn of her lips. “I’ll work on your truck’s transmission, power steering, and tire situation. Hui Yin will accompany you to your domicile, where she will… be yours… for the duration of your class. You’ll receive food while you’re teaching—that’s at least two meals a day—and you’ll teach for a minimum of twenty-hours per week for a total of one hundred and twenty hours. That’s six weeks. You’ll earn some definite Giri if your students proved decently proficient in basic English during that time. Should it all work out, we’ll look at renewing the contract for a second block of one hundred and twenty hours. By the end of the third block, your students should be fluent if everything I’ve read about these courses is correct.

“This is a generous offer from a people who don’t have much,” Mo’s eyes flick to Hui Yin and then back to the fixer. “And quite the commitment. Take the offer, Charlie.”

Luther considers her words while enjoying the flavor of the soy sauce laden broth and then nods, “So...maybe we can start as soon as—”

Mo passes her agent across the table once again.

“No more tests, please, Mo,” Charlie shakes his head tiredly.

“That’s not a test, Charlie,” she replies and Luther slides the device into his hands only to have Mo’s rough fingers cup about the top of his hand.

“We ask that you honor our customs and, this is not negotiable, Charlie. While you are teaching, you will be our guest. Will you agree to these terms?”

“Terms? Like what?” Luther asks while glancing at the contract on the agent.

Mo looks to Hui Yin.

Luther shakes his head, “I don’t need a babysitter. Besides, her English isn’t the best and it's just going to interfere with—”

“So, if I spoke better English, the very smart American teacher would be able to save all of the poor Chinese people?” Hui interjects in flawless English without even a hint at the accent she’d been affecting previously.

“You speak perfect English!” Exclaims the fixer, surprise written all over his face.

“Yes. I can speak it better than you, and several other dialects as well, but all you Americans ever want is some cute, weak Chinese girl that needs to be rescued. Forget it! the deal is off.”

She rises from the table still poised and elegant but spewing angry Cantonese words. “I don’t need, nor want, your help!”  

Hui Yun turns to leave in haste. Elders from the crowd speak harshly to her in their native tongue and fingers start to fly yet again. Hui pouts before seating herself again.

“I apologize for the outburst,” she states sullenly to Mo, but turns her body away from Cred-Stick Charlie. Hui falls quiet but it is blatantly obvious to the fixer that she remains mad about this whole deal.

“I didn’t mean to offend you, Ms. Yun. I came in here to get some information about a kid that I really need to find fast, before I got tangled up with your mom and dad.”

Hui peers over her shoulder towards the crowd, “They are my surrogate family that I owe because they bought my debt for the fees incurred to get me over here to the states. So, I make my money anyway that I can. Don’t take the offer, don’t eat our food, and continue to judge me by my work. I don’t need to be pitied.”

Hui stands and takes the bowl right from under Luther’s mouth leaving him dangling a dripping spoon over the table and even more Cantonese words fly again before she stops and sits back down again, slopping the bowl back in front of the well-dressed man.

Luther speaks, “Okay, let’s try to make this work without anymore yelling or raised voices. So, tell me why you need a outsider if Hui, here, can speak so fluently?”

“The schools here will not recognize my degree from China. In China, I’m a professor, not a joygirl. I have to do that here—I survive, okay? But, my sin card doesn’t work and I need a new one to work a legitimate job, but everyone knows me now, so even if I get a new sin it wouldn’t matter. I’m likely stuck working as a joygirl until I’m used up, and then what is there for me?”

“The Tong won’t let her teach,” Mo explains further as Hui sniffs away her emotion. “And, there are some pretty traditional people here who look at her as soiled. They don’t want her teaching their children.”

“Stay underground for about a year maybe, and then reapply. People change jobs or transfer all of the time. Apply for your teacher license under your new sin...simple,” Luther offers a solution.

“Yeah? Simple for you, maybe, but your corporations are different here.” Hui Yun counters.

“IF I help—not saying that I will—can we all get along here at the enclave?”

Hui eyes him suspiciously before relaxing her face back into softness, “Yes. My intent has always been to help the enclave. You finish eating, I’ll get my things, and then we will go to your home and begin.”

“With me?” Charlie asks incredulously.

“Yes,” she gazes at him with slightly parted red lips and wide eyes. “That’s the agreement, no?”

“What? No. That will not work.”

“Fine,” the joygirl sighs. “I will stay with you until you’re ready to leave, then.”

“No. I don’t need you to babysit me, but thank you.”

Hui throws a look Feng’s way and says, “Your right. He wants a man-boy instead still.”

“Just because I say NO to you does mean that I like man-boys, okay?”

“Okay. But I’m ready to leave after your done talking,” Hui replies.

“So... do we have a deal?” Mo interrupts with an exhausted expression on her face.

“Wait, no…” Luther stalls them. “Wait...this is all going too fast and I need time to think things over for a bit.”

“Charlie, there’s no time, right? Aren’t you searching for a missing child? We’ve offered extremely favorable terms. Hui is not a problem, she’ll be a big help to you.”

Luther looked hard and long at the agent in front of him, then turns to Hui and stands up. He holds out his hand invitingly. Hui adopts a quizzical expression but finally places her delicate hand in his and stands.

“I need a minute to confer with my new...partner about somethings in private, please.”

Mo nods approval and the two step deeper to the side the restaurant tent.

“Look...you don’t want me around and I don’t want you either. So, how can we work this out then?” Luther asks, not trying to be mean but needing to make sure his position is fully explained as quickly and succinctly as possible.

“I want to stop working as a joygirl, got that?”

“Yeah... so?”

“So you help me and I’ll help you, OK?” Hui proposes.

“What's in it for me?” Luther shares his infectious smile.

“That’s already been explained. Maybe you aren’t as smart as you think,” Hui smirks.

“I could always cut a new deal...leaving you out in the cold and back at work as a joygirl.”

“Yeah? I’m no dummy. I’ve got skills. I’m working for you once you agree to that contract—” she stares right into his eyes, “but no sex.”

“Fine with me,” rolling his eyes in a mocking fashion after Hui’s many such demonstrations, he ends it with a shake of his head.

“You’re really are not into Chinese girls are you?”

“Nope...36-24-36 only means something if she is five-foot-five-inches. I like them thick and not a stick!”

Hui giggles and smiles for the first time at Luther, “Okay, can you help me get my teaching license and a new SIN...maybe help some of the other girls too?”

“Help the other girls?” Luther asks. “We will see what types of contacts and friends that you have, later on, then I’ll see what I can do, Okay?”

Hui nods.

Both return to the table. Chinese words were spoken from Hui as she addresses Mo and the crowd begins to murmur again. Then, Hui steps to Charlie’s side and, with her head down, stands in silence.

Luther watches the submissive behavior, then turns to Mo, “Help provide info when I need it as you can, pimp out my truck as you’ve stated, food when I’m teaching, one hundred and twenty hours at twenty hours per week taught in the morning, Hui Lin, and Giri—” Hui elbows Luther “within Chinese culture.”

Mo continues to listen as Charlie dots the I’s and crosses the T’s.

“I teach no more than twelve kids 0700-1200, no restrictions, and Hui will work with me helping at your school. And she stays with her family.”

Hui Lin coughs politely into her closed fist.

“I mean,” the fixer glances up at her with a little annoyance written on his face. “She stays with me in my Americanized apartment.”

Mo makes Charlie wait for an answer and it seems to the Native American like an eternity before she speaks in response.

“Agreed,” Mo looks pointedly at the agent still resting on the table in front of him. “The contract awaits your signature.” Hushed exclamations of various levels of excitement rush through the gathered crowd.

“You start tomorrow morning, Charlie,” Mo offers him a look of finality as he puts his digital signature to the contract and returns the agent to its owner.

“I might be late...”

Mo begins to frown.

“My vehicle isn’t working and I’m already on a gig.”

Mo sighs and speaks to Hui for a bit in Cantonese. As they wrap up their conversation, Hui bends and softly speaks in the fixer’s ear, “Mr. Charlie, I will need your address and for you to sign a release form so Mr. Wong can pick up your vehicle from where ever it is, please.”

“Yes...that is fine,” Luther replies.

“I EXPECT you to be on time tomorrow. We’ll start on our end of the contract right away.” Standing, Mo Yimu holds her agent up. “Pass me your contact information, please.”

Charlie nods and complies, holding his now powered-up agent so that it can send the data direct.

Hui raises her agent to Charlie’s once the other two are finished, “I need to transfer some books about our language and culture to your device. You can start to learn about our traditions as soon as possible. I’d also like your contact information.”

Luther raises his agent to make the file transfer and notifications flood his neural pathways letting him know that the books on Chinese culture and the Chinese language, Cantonese, are needing his permission to download. He gives it with a thought.

“By your leave, Mr. Charlie?” Luther looks up to Hui as she draws his attention away from Mo.

“You’re going?”

“If it pleases you, Mr. Charlie, I wish to perform some tasks so that you will be ready for a very early morning. Perhaps you would like to look over the curriculum with me later, yes?” She’s adopted her joygirl act once more.

Luther nods to Hui knowing that she’s going to make her way to his conapt and use the code he provided to access it. He’s a lot of work to do on his own and the two hours he’s been given before linking up with the rest of the crew is fast coming to a close.


******************** End Luther’s Evening *********************

“Feelin’ better?” Vegas calls as the medtech steps into the mud and strolls towards where the team is gathering.

“A little,” Looking about, Colin continues, “Anyone up for EnduroDrink? Bet we could find some shops selling the stuff nearby.”

“That stuff tastes like s***, but you can live on it,” Blossom injects with a smile as she unwraps a lollipop. “I could use the boost.”

“Fine, we’ll see about grabbing some on our way out,” Vegas concedes. “Now, where’s that fix—There he is! Charlie! What’d you find out?

Charlie appears from a crowd of people with a youngish Chinese girl that is wearing a bright yellow dress with thigh high boots. She’s very pretty and carries herself in a submissive manner. A few words are exchanged between them and the woman turns to peer at a vendor’s wares well out of earshot. After Charlie approaches he explains, “Not much, but I hope that I’ll have more information later on.” He smiles to soften the blow of his failure.

“Well, that’s that,” Vegas grumbles and looks out at the mass still milling about despite the later hour of the evening. “OK, I’ll put it to the lot of you. Should we pay the headmistress of Bartholomew School a visit at her home—a place that is likely pretty heavily secured—or do we head on over to the Upstairs Downstairs, Inc offices and see if we can’t get Blossom some alone time with a server?”

Fixer had joined the others to get some rest. Even with it, he was still tired. He hadn't realized how tired he was before—he was used to running long hours when on a job. You just kept going on adrenaline until you no longer could. But the crashes could be long and he couldn't afford that now. And he'd never been a very big fan of running extra on the juice. One type of juice could lead to another type of juice which could lead to another and, well, bad things. So, he tried to avoid it. Good old sleep was what he needed and if it was only to be 2 hours, then so be it.  The kid probably didn't have a lot more, himself.

When they got out of their little coffins and the conversation turned to their next action, he stretched and looked at the others, "As I said, I'm in for checking on Mrs. White. But we want those personnel files. Names and work schedules. Plus, you've said a couple of times that only their vehicles came and went from the school. Was there any video evidence of Jace ever leaving the school? If not, is that because they don't have cameras at the exits or because he didn't leave? Those vans would be another option. Can we find plates on which vans left and when? Who was driving them? What their scheduled stops were?"

“Naw,” Blossom rolls her shoulders to stretch out the kinks from the coffin. “The vans come ‘n’ go, but the video ain’t clear ‘nuff to see any plates and they weren’t parked on camera where we could see who was in ‘em when they left. Jace was in his dorm last we can tell from the camera angles. Only Upstairs/Downstairs personnel an’ security caught on camera between him going to bed and the next morning when students are waking up.”

Charlie looks at his agent and notes the time as being 2305. “Well, it's way past oh-dark-thirty, so I think that we should consider the home office of Upstairs/Downstairs closed. Mr. Vegas, you’re right...a headmistress of a school with some worth to it would be a hard target but you still can put some 24-hour surveillance on it and see what still moves.”

Charlie then switches his attention to Ms. Blossom, “Any chance that you can work your magic remotely so that you don’t have to physically be on site?” he queries.

“Sure… there’s a chance. But breaking through their firewall remotely will likely alert them to the attempt, especially if I fail. I’d have a much better chance of hacking their systems on site.”

“I’d rather not risk shutting down our access to data prematurely,” Bloodbank chimes in.

“If the odds are in Blossom’s favor on site, then that’s where we’ll go,” Vegas agrees.

“Damn... you all look like hell...warmed over,” Charlie muses and changes the subject as he looks over the group. “I know that we as a collective don’t have too much and we have even more questions. So, I’ll make my part quick so that you guy can figure out what your going to do.”

“I would like to recommend that if you’re going to go through all of this mess that you should get a little something more for it, right?” Charlie smiles, “And what I mean by that is, my next proposal…” (OOC: Streetdeal Check = 12)

Charlie leans into the group with hushed tones, “Make your move on Upstairs/Downstairs look like a 211, you know...a burglary, and that way if something goes awry, then the kid doesn’t get moved or hurt. Anything that you guys take from the offices, you can take your time analyzing at your leisure later and make a few credits along the way.

“This is the part where I come in again.

“Anything that you take, you drop off to me and I’ll fence everything off for you. Look...you’re going to the home office, they also have several vans and maybe a few cars too. Load one up, or two...then I’ll help you get a clean pair of tags, registration, and a new ID if you wanted one. It will beats sleeping outdoors.

“Anyways...think about it. But I’m sure that everyone here is tired of walking, am I right, yeah?”

Ghalahn listens. He is good at listening and at watching. What he hears is people hopped up to do something but with little in the way of a concrete idea of what to do. As for watching, that shows the fatigue setting in on all of them.

“I don’t mind making some extra dough, choomba,” the crooner smiles his crooked smile. “But, do we have the skills to jack a ride?” He looks directly at Fixer as he says this.

(OOC: Fixer’s reply… )

“Any objections?” Vegas looks around.

“Yeah,” Bloodbank folds his arms across his chest, his battle mask facing the two fedora wearing men. “I’m not averse to breaking the law in the course of doing good—like finding Jace—but breaking the law solely for the sake of profiting is outside of my comfort zone.”

“Cool yer jets, Goody-Two-Shoes,” Blossom grins at the medic and pats around in her leather jacket before producing a wrapped lollipop. (OOC: Blossom's Persuade Check = 16) “The man has a point. Makin’ our little B&E look like we came for some goods and not information’ll throw any bloodhounds off our trail. It’s a good’ne an’ I’m for it.”

“Think of it as an additional safety precaution for the kid,” the dapper solo adds, but the medtech is having none of it. (OOC: Vegas' Leadership Check = 20)

(OOC: Bloodbank's Human Perception Check = 20)

“No deal. If you choombas are heading to the LZ to rob innocent people—because for all we know that’s what they are—then you’re doing it without me.” 

“OK, Ok,” Vegas holds up his hands. “We’re not heading into a possible hurt situation without a barber, so you win. No stealing nothin’. We good?”

“Yeah…” but the tone of Bloodbank’s voice is cautious.

“Good,” turning to the rest of the group, the crooner continues, “So, we good? Everyone on board? Fixer? Blossom? Echo? Ghlahn? Bloodbank? Casino? Charlie?” He waits to receive an affirmative from each of them before laying out the plan.

(OOC: Everyone's responses… )

“I’ve done some checking while people were taking their catnaps and it’ll take us about two and a half hours to get to the offices using public trans. Once there, we case the exterior of the joint and let those of us with experience breaching a complex—” he looks directly at Ghlahn and then to Casino, “—plan out how we’re getting this chica—” he throws a thumb in Blossom’s direction followed by a wink, “—to a hardline port, or whatever it’s called.

“Unless,” he turns to Cred-Stick Charlie, “you can get us a temporary ride, that is. If we had wheels it’d take us about an hour to get there. With an AV, we’re looking at fifteen minutes, tops. Or, what about you, darlin’?” he looks to Echo. “You’re with the Rolling State, right? Think you could pull some strings and land us a ride?”

(OOC: Charlie’s and Echo’s responses… )

(OOC: Time is 11:20 P.M. PST )



Posted on 2018-06-01 at 16:29:50.
Edited on 2018-06-01 at 16:40:57 by Bromern Sal

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 169/114
6030 Posts


In search of love?

Glass Bottom Bar & Grill | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 8th, Day 2 (Saturday), 7:52 PM PST Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.) Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

Watching as the others besides Charlie and Casino filter into the sleep pods, Echo moved over to stand by Casino.

“Aren’t you going to get some shuteye, Choomba?” she asks quietly, indicating the pods. “I can keep watch over you all, unless you’re not tired,” she said, “Or I can just keep you company so we have two sets of peepers keeping track of the team?”

Turning to face this young shadowrunner, Casino thought to himself as he smiled, what had caused such a young girl get into this type of scene.

“Sure, i’d like that” my god I’m falling for a kid the big solo had to be honest with himself that he in fact was falling for Echo. However as his thoughts moved forward he had to ask himself was she really a kid anymore? He had no way of knowing what she had been through and what brought her to this run, but knowing Starlight and her rep, Echo was no slouch. Casino had to admit even though he was 35 he felt years older from all that he had been through. From getting shot more then once, the wound in his arm sending a spurt of pain to remind him of his latest, to the number of people he had been forced to kill in the course of a run. From the number of skills learned and trained better over time and the smarts and ways of the street that had kept him alive this long. Who was to say how many bodies lay at Echo’s feet, or knowledged learned, for just like he and Vegas she was muscle on this run. Only way to find out more about this dangerous beauty was to ask, and Casino always sucked at asking.

“So ahh tell me, what got you started as a runner?”………. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 2-1/2 HOURS LATER

Damn... you all look like hell...warmed over,” Charlie muses and changes the subject as he looks over the group. “I know that we as a collective don’t have too much and we have even more questions. So, I’ll make my part quick so that you guy can figure out what your going to do.”

I would like to recommend that if you’re going to go through all of this mess that you should get a little something more for it, right?” Charlie smiles, “And what I mean by that is, my next proposal…”

Charlie leans into the group with hushed tones, “Make your move on Upstairs/Downstairs look like a 211, you know...a burglary, and that way if something goes awry, then the kid doesn’t get moved or hurt. Anything that you guys take from the offices, you can take your time analyzing at your leisure later and make a few credits along the way.

This is the part where I come in again.

Anything that you take, you drop off to me and I’ll fence everything off for you. Look...you’re going to the home office, they also have several vans and maybe a few cars too. Load one up, or two...then I’ll help you get a clean pair of tags, registration, and a new ID if you wanted one. It will beats sleeping outdoors.

Anyways...think about it. But I’m sure that everyone here is tired of walking, am I right, yeah?”

I don’t mind making some extra dough, choomba,” the crooner smiles his crooked smile. “But, do we have the skills to jack a ride?” He looks directly at Fixer as he says this.

Any objections?” Vegas looks around.

Yeah,” Bloodbank folds his arms across his chest, his battle mask facing the two fedora wearing men. “I’m not averse to breaking the law in the course of doing good—like finding Jace—but breaking the law solely for the sake of profiting is outside of my comfort zone.”

Cool yer jets, Goody-Two-Shoes,” Blossom grins at the medic and pats around in her leather jacket before producing a wrapped lollipop.

The man has a point. Makin’ our little B&E look like we came for some goods and not information’ll throw any bloodhounds off our trail. It’s a good’ne an’ I’m for it.”

Think of it as an additional safety precaution for the kid,” the dapper solo adds, but the medtech is having none of it.

No deal. If you choombas are heading to the LZ to rob innocent people—because for all we know that’s what they are—then you’re doing it without me.”

OK, Ok,” Vegas holds up his hands. “We’re not heading into a possible hurt situation without a barber, so you win. No stealing nothin’. We good?”

Yeah…” but the tone of Bloodbank’s voice is cautious.

Good,” turning to the rest of the group, the crooner continues, “So, we good? Everyone on board? Fixer? Blossom? Echo? Ghlahn? Bloodbank? Casino? Charlie?” He waits to receive an affirmative from each of them before laying out the plan.

Casino quiet the whole time up to now looks directly at Bloodbank.

Well choomba way I see it you hired onto this run the same as we all did, to get the kid back, and I don’t remember Starlight putting limits on how we do so. If breaking into the place and stealing some petty s*** to make it look like a robbery is not to your taste then ok pull out and you can tell Starlight yourself. But trust me your street cred with the fixer’s in this town will go cardo and you’ll be damn lucky to get another good pay run. Only jobs you’ll get will be cheap ghetto trash ones for self styled Johnsons. But hey thats your call Choomba." 

Turning to the rest.

I’m in with Charlie to making it looking like a snatch and grab, however in difference to Bloodbank, we only take things a bunch of drugged out crack bangers would want. Easy money, shiny things, the easy to sell in pawnshop s***. Nothing major that could hurt these people too bad if stolen. If its as easy as you say Charlie to retag a vehicle, we can steal one someplace else on the way there so the lack of transport we all face is gone. We need to find the kid and soon and playing at being a bunch of goodie two shoes ain’t gonna get us there. I’ve already killed more people then all of you on this run and I’ll be damned if I’m gonna start playing F**king nice.”

With his voice and choice heard the big solo sat back waiting on the possible fallout with the Medic or any of the rest of the group.......



Posted on 2018-06-03 at 23:08:07.
Edited on 2018-06-08 at 19:45:04 by TannTalas

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2183 Posts


Hitching a ride

“I don’t mind making some extra dough, choomba,” the crooner smiles his crooked smile. “But, do we have the skills to jack a ride?” He looks directly at Fixer as he says this.

Fixer looked at the crooner and shook his head a bit.  "I've done a few jobs and I can jury rig a lot of things, but I wouldn't want to promise something I can't deliver.  Hitching a ride?  Maybe.  But that isn't where I usually work."

But even as he said this, it became obvioust that it didn't really matter.  It seemed the medic wasn't up for a life of crime. Fixer was haoppier not being a thief anyway.  "Ok Bloodbank, I'm good with not being a thief.  Happier that way even.  But you gotta know that at the very least we are breaking in and stealing data.  Nobodies harmed, but one or two laws might get stretched."  He grinned at the rest.  "Lets get on site.  We want the best chance of success and now that we are all fully rested and relaxed after two hours of shut-eye, lets get a move on.  That kids chances are ticking."  

Fixer knew that at this point most of what they were doing wasn't really up to him, but that didn't mean he didn't want to get moving.  Standing around and doing nothing had never been his strong suit and now they were on a clock.  

(OOC:  I'm not sure of the exact answer to the question about Fixer's skills, but from looking at his sheet it doesn't look like there is anything there that matches stealing a car.  If I'm wrong, let me know.)

 



Posted on 2018-06-06 at 14:30:24.

Espatier
Regular Visitor
Karma: 0/0
58 Posts


to get... you more give and it anit blood either Choomba

“Good,” turning to the rest of the group, the crooner continues, “So, we good? Everyone on board? Fixer? Blossom? Echo? Ghlahn? Bloodbank? Casino? Charlie?” He waits to receive an affirmative from each of them before laying out the plan.

“ Yeah, yeah... I’m still good and everyone is still poor here” Charile frowns

“I’ve done some checking while people were taking their catnaps and it’ll take us about two and a half hours to get to the offices using public trans. Once there, we case the exterior of the joint and let those of us with experience breaching a complex—” he looks directly at Ghlahn and then to Casino, “—plan out how we’re getting this chica—” he throws a thumb in Blossom’s direction followed by a wink, “—to a hardline port, or whatever it’s called.

“Unless,” he turns to Cred-Stick Charlie, “you can get us a temporary ride, that is. If we had wheels it’d take us about an hour to get there. With an AV, we’re looking at fifteen minutes, tops. Or, what about you, darlin’?” he looks to Echo. “You’re with the Rolling State, right? Think you could pull some strings and land us a ride?”

“ I might know a guy... or two that I can talk with.. Give me a few moments alone to make a few well placed calls”  Charlie explains as he excuses himself from the group momentarily.

(OOC: Time is 11:20 P.M. PST )

Charile walks over to a more seculed area to tap away at his agent and wait for a few replies....

Moments later, his agent beeped with replies and answers.

jeep, sky barge, Agro Nomad The family flier, Bedouin Truck capacity of 2+4, and a water jet ski??  Gevhog capacity of 1+3 for possible inventory to take. “Damn”... Charlie looked at the photo.. That isn’t a Sk5 hovercraft that charlie was thinking of....

His head bobbed up and down for a bit as he rattled the idea in his head.

Walking back over to the group “Ahem.....I have a few new ideas since we all need to stay on the same page here. First things first...”

Charlie eyes the group over

“ If I’m scratching someone’s back... they want something in return. It’s just the basic nature of the game. Play...  or get played. So

.... I can get a vehicle but I need from whomever is driving the vehicle that it has to come back as it left, capisce?.  Also... I need everyone to kick in with NOT CREDITS but use of their skill sets, can we agree upon this?

*murmurs from the group??? perhaps as Mr Charile mentions this

Charlie looks to “Fixer”.... Your street name is “Fixer”. Right... so I’ll assume that you can either . Charlie's uses “air quotes” “fix things... ot you fix mechanical things, either way. It’s a way so that I can borrow these niceties when needed.

Charlie turns to the solos: Vegas, Casino, G and Echo

“ You three work the mean street and don’t take alot of drek, right?...” So... from time to time, I'll need something delivered, picked up or... a friendly reminder that someone is owed something. In return, I’ll then be able to get you rides, and even meals from time to time, would  this interest you?

Finally he turns to blood bank

“ Well Mr Paladin... can you provide me with some of that humanitarian aid that other well need from time to time, patients that would need a no questions asked medical person?. If so... I’ll have a ride for you if you wish it. Besides.... I would like for you to make a wish list of item that might be needed so I can keep a look out from them as well as if you wouldn’t mind make some field expedient bandages , pain killers and other medical things. Or.. if you know anyone that makes or sells low to high grade drugs, point me in that general direction.

Looking at all

“ We all have something to throw in....so help me, help you’ll. Let me know a name or names of whom you deal business with so that I can serve and assist you better, please.

Charlie claps his hands with a rub, after tht small speech

“ Okay, those that are willing to aid me I have what you are looking for. It’s what everyone needs to find a kid in the hood, it’s

A jeep...

Okay...I’ll take that as a maybe...

Next we have either a nomad agro truck or a bedioun truck available as well....

Okay, tough crowd here...no comments....

Awhhhh. All that I got left is a watercraft vehicle and a skybarge that is going and coming in that direction with times for departure are somewhat flexible...

So?.....Ms Echo...

Looks to Echo for her comments about what vehicles if any could be acquired .

Pulls a kayne west and as soon as she starts, Charile blurts out " OH... and you can use them for 48 hours... just sayin". Then nods with a sinful gin and mouths "Go ahead, your turn" and give a "okay" sign to boot. 

**Echo's replies...

Then his eyes notices a reply message from the Giri board and reads it  ( or I can still hold that off if you wish)

** check the time on his agent



Posted on 2018-06-07 at 20:57:17.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2084 Posts




Ghalan listened as the others talked about stealing vs not-stealing.  It was interesting where some chose to draw the line after all that had occured in the past few days.  Personnaly he didn't care if they snuck in and out, made it look like a drug-user stole stuf to sell or robbed the place blind.  However when it came to the idea of getting a ride he certainly had an opinion.  "You want me to promise to be your attack dog in return for a ride?  Not gonna happen.  I may be many things but a low-level flunky is not one of them.  I'll walk."



Posted on 2018-06-09 at 14:42:34.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 169/114
6030 Posts


omg really lol

Charlie turns to the solos: Vegas, Casino, G and Echo

You three work the mean street and don’t take alot of drek, right?...” So... from time to time, I'll need something delivered, picked up or... a friendly reminder that someone is owed something. In return, I’ll then be able to get you rides, and even meals from time to time, would this interest you?

Before Casino could give his reply he was beaten by Ghalen.

You want me to be your attack dog in return for a ride. Not gonna happen. I may be many things but a low level flunky is not one of them. I’ll walk”

As Ghalen finished getting in his two cents, Casino made sure to get in his.

Wow, I admire a man who is confident in being able to get and give what he offers” Looks to the china girl who acted as if she was not listening. “However your lack of ability to read the people at this table just shows your lack of street smarts and plays heavy on your credibilty. I work for cash, not a ride, not for a meal, and sure as hell not for you.  If you think my partner and I will act as your on call little errand boys, then your living in a world of dreams.”

His hands on his H&K, the big solo stood and looked to the rest of the group, his gaze holding on Vegas, Echo, and Ghalen the longest. Then without a word he started heading away from Cred Stick Charlie and his bulls***…..

 



Posted on 2018-06-11 at 20:41:05.
Edited on 2018-06-13 at 20:26:28 by TannTalas

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 137/11
3574 Posts




Edgerunner Enclave | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 8th, Day 2 (Saturday), 11:20 P.M. PM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

 

*------------------------------- Casino and Echo Back Post -------------------------*

 

Watching as the others besides Charlie and Casino filter into the sleep pods, Echo moves over to stand by Casino.

“Aren’t you going to get some shuteye, Choomba?” she asks quietly, indicating the pods. “I can keep watch over you all, unless you’re not tired,” she says, “Or I can just keep you company so we have two sets of peepers keeping track of the team?”

Turning to face this young edgerunner, Casino thinks to himself as he smiles, what had caused such a young girl to get into this type of scene?

“Sure, I’d like that,” My god, I’m falling for a kid, the big solo has to be honest with himself that he is, in fact, falling for Echo. However, as his thoughts move forward he has to ask himself, was she really a kid anymore? He has no way of knowing what she has been through and what brought her to this run, but knowing Starlight and her rep, Echo is no slouch. Casino has to admit, even though he is 35-years old, he feels years older from all that he has been through. From getting shot more than once—the wound in his arm sending a spurt of pain as his Pain Editor faults for just a moment—to remind him of his latest, to the number of people he has been forced to kill in the course of a run. From the number of skills learned and bettered over time and the smarts and ways of the street that has kept him alive this long. Who is to say how many bodies lay at Echo’s feet, or kknowledge learned, for just like him and Vegas, she is muscle on this run. Only way to find out more about this dangerous beauty is to ask, and Casino always sucked at asking.

“So, ahh, tell me...what got you started as a runner?”

 

*------------------------------- End Casino and Echo Back Post -------------------------*

 

*------------------------------- Current -------------------------*

“Damn... you all look like hell...warmed over,” Charlie muses and changes the subject as he looks over the group. “I know that we as a collective don’t have too much and we have even more questions. So, I’ll make my part quick so that you guy can figure out what your going to do.”

“I would like to recommend that if you’re going to go through all of this mess that you should get a little something more for it, right?” Charlie smiles, “And what I mean by that is, my next proposal…”

Charlie leans into the group with hushed tones, “Make your move on Upstairs/Downstairs look like a 211, you know...a burglary, and that way if something goes awry, then the kid doesn’t get moved or hurt. Anything that you guys take from the offices, you can take your time analyzing at your leisure later and make a few credits along the way.

“This is the part where I come in again.

“Anything that you take, you drop off to me and I’ll fence everything off for you. Look...you’re going to the home office, they also have several vans and maybe a few cars too. Load one up, or two...then I’ll help you get a clean pair of tags, registration, and a new ID if you wanted one. It will beats sleeping outdoors.

“Anyways...think about it. But I’m sure that everyone here is tired of walking, am I right, yeah?”

“I don’t mind making some extra dough, choomba,” the crooner smiles his crooked smile. “But, do we have the skills to jack a ride?” He looks directly at Fixer as he says this.

Fixer looks at the crooner and shakes his head a bit, "I've done a few jobs and I can jury rig a lot of things, but I wouldn't want to promise something I can't deliver. Hitching a ride? Maybe. But that isn't where I usually work."

“Any further objections?” Vegas looks around.

“Yeah,” Bloodbank folds his arms across his chest, his battle mask facing the two fedora wearing men. “I’m not averse to breaking the law in the course of doing good—like finding Jace—but breaking the law solely for the sake of profiting is outside of my comfort zone.”

“Cool yer jets, Goody-Two-Shoes,” Blossom grins at the medic and pats around in her leather jacket before producing a wrapped lollipop.

“The man has a point. Makin’ our little B&E look like we came for some goods and not information’ll throw any bloodhounds off our trail. It’s a good’ne an’ I’m for it.”

“Think of it as an additional safety precaution for the kid,” the dapper solo adds, but the medtech is having none of it.

“No deal. If you choombas are heading to the LZ to rob innocent people—because for all we know that’s what they are—then you’re doing it without me.”

It becomes obvious to the techie that his opinion on the subject doesn’t really matter. It seems the medic isn’t up for a life of crime. Fixer is happier not being a thief anyway. "Ok, Bloodbank, I'm good with not being a thief. Happier that way even. But you gotta know that at the very least we are breaking in and stealing data. Nobodies harmed, but one or two laws might get stretched." He grins at the rest. "Lets get on site. We want the best chance of success and now that we are all fully rested and relaxed after two hours of shut-eye, lets get a move on. That kid’s chances are ticking."  

Fixer knows that at this point most of what they are doing isn’t really up to him, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to get moving. Standing around and doing nothing has never been his strong suit and now they are on a clock.

“Data is one thing…” Bloodbank mutters behind his mask but falls quiet when the team leader speaks up.

“OK, Ok,” Vegas holds up his hands. “We’re not heading into a possible hurt situation without a barber, so you win. No stealing nothin’. We good?”

“Yeah…” but the tone of Bloodbank’s voice is cautious.

Casino, quiet the whole time up to now, looks directly at Bloodbank.

”Well, choomba, way I see it is you hired onto this run the same as we all did to get the kid back, and I don’t remember Starlight putting limits on how we do so. If breaking into the place and stealing some petty s*** to make it look like a robbery is not to your taste, then ok, pull out and you can tell Starlight yourself. But trust me your street cred with the fixer’s in this town will go hard and you’ll be damn lucky to get another good paying run. Only jobs you’ll get will be cheap ghetto trash ones for self styled Johnsons. But hey, that’s your call, Choomba."

Turning to the rest, the gruff solo continues.

“I’m in with Charlie’s idea of making it looking like a snatch and grab, however in difference to Bloodbank, we only take things a bunch of drugged out crack bangers would want. Easy money, shiny things, the easy to sell in pawnshop s***. Nothing major that could hurt these people too bad if stolen. If it’s as easy as you say, Charlie, to retag a vehicle; we can steal one someplace else on the way there so the lack of transport we all face is gone. We need to find the kid and soon and playing at being a bunch of goodie two shoes ain’t gonna get us there. I’ve already killed more people than all of you on this run and I’ll be damned if I’m gonna start playing f**king nice.”

With his voice and choice heard the big solo folds his arms across his armored chest and waits on the possible fallout with the Medic or any of the rest of the group.

“There’s nothin’ wrong with having a bit of honor and self-respect, meat shield,” the medtech retorts.

“Cool it,” Vegas orders. “The both of yous. We already determined we weren’t gonna reduce ourselves to common thieves so there’s no reason to snap at your teammates, capice?”

“Good,” turning to the rest of the group, the crooner continues, “So, we good? Everyone on board? Fixer? Blossom? Echo? Ghlahn? Bloodbank? Casino? Charlie?” He waits to receive an affirmative from each of them before laying out the plan.

“Yeah, yeah... I’m still good and everyone is still poor here,” Charlie frowns. “I might know a guy... or two, that I can talk with. Give me a few moments alone to make a few well placed calls.” Charlie explains as he momentarily excuses himself from the group.

“Make your calls,” the crooner waves him off. “What about you, Echo? You got any in’s?”

“I’m afraid not,” the pretty nomad shakes her head, her eyes still visible above her balaclava darting to the ornery blond solo. “Best not to try and involve any of the nearby caravans unless we want to operate on giri and that might delay our current run.”

“Sure ‘nuff,” Vegas looks over to where the fixer is trying to work his magic. Hours versus minutes, here, choomba. Let’s see why Starlight puts her trust in ya…

Charlie walks over to a more secluded area, stopping near the entrance to an old army tent from within which a very old man with a scruffy white beard and a grimy old bandana around his head is trying to sell knives. Tapping away at his agent, he waits for the replies he hopes are forthcoming.

Moments later, his agent and the visual splice shows that he has a couple of messages.

His original reach across his network is to seek out the possibility of procuring a jeep, sky barge, Agro Nomad, Family Flier, Bedouin Truck, or a Gevhog. Some responses showing up from his agent’s search algorithm show the Gevhog as a kind of water-going, large jetski.

“Damn,” Charlie looks at the photo and frowns. That isn’t the Sk5 hovercraft that I was thinking of… His head bobs up and down for a bit as he rattles the idea about.

Walking back over to the group, he decides he isn’t going to put in the work without knowing what preferences the others have. “Ahem… I have had a few new ideas since we all need to stay on the same page here, I thought I’d run them by you all. First things first...” Charlie eyes the group over, “If I’m scratching someone’s back... they want something in return. It’s just the basic nature of the game. Play or get played. So...

“I can get a vehicle but I need to make promises that it has to come back as it left, capisce? Price tags are just too high to try and buy, so we’re renting. Also, I need everyone to kick in with NOT CREDITS, but the use of their skill sets, can we agree upon this?”

Bloodbank scratches at the back of his head below the bandana knot and eyes the fixer through the heightened visuals of his combat mask. Promising anything to dealers is a dangerous gig in his experience, but the idea of trade isn’t a unique thought. He’s done so before and for a cash-strapped edger, trade is kind of a lifesaving solution when in need. So, he remains quiet, waiting to see what the others think and still feeling more than a little put out by Casino’s argumentative tirade.

Blossom shrugs the rain from her jacket’s shoulders and pulls the sucker from her mouth with a slight popping sound, “Sounds like a standard deal.”

Charlie looks to the techie, “Your street name is ‘Fixer,’ right? So, I’ll assume that you can either—” Charlie's uses air quotes, “—fix things, or you fix mechanical things. Either way, I can borrow these services when needed.” Charlie turns to the solos: Vegas, Casino, Ghlahn and Echo. “You three work the mean streets and don’t take alot of drek, right? So... from time to time, I'll need something delivered, picked up or... a friendly reminder that someone is owed something. In return, I’ll then be able to get you rides, and even meals from time to time, would  this interest you?” Finally he turns to Bloodbank. “Well, Mr. Paladin... can you provide me with some of that humanitarian aid that others will need from time to time, patients that would need a no questions asked medical person? If so… I’ll have a ride for you if you wish it. Besides... I would like for you to make a wish list of item that might be needed so I can keep a look out for them as well, like some field bandages, pain killers, and other medical things. Or, if you know anyone that makes or sells low to high grade drugs, point me in that general direction.” Looking at the whole group, he adds, “We all have something to throw in, so help me, help you. Let me know a name or names of who you do business with so that I can serve and assist you better, please.”

Charlie claps his hands with a rub, after his small speech. “Okay, those that are willing to aid me, I have what you are looking for. It’s what everyone needs to find a kid in the hood, it’s a jeep.”

Ghalan listens as the others talked about stealing vs not-stealing. It is interesting where some choose to draw the line after all that has occured in the past few days. Personally he doesn’t care if they snuck in and out, made it look like a drug-user stole stuff to sell, or robbed the place blind. However, when it comes to the idea of getting a ride, he certainly has an opinion. "You want me to promise to be your attack dog in return for a ride?  Not gonna happen. I may be many things, but a low-level flunky is not one of them. I'll walk."

“Okay,” Cred Stick Charlie draws out the word, “I’ll take that as a maybe…”

“Wow,” Casino adds without the inspired inflection, “I admire a man who is confident in being able to get and give what he offers.” The solo looks to the China girl who is still perusing the contents of a nearby shop. “However, your lack of ability to read the people in this group just shows your lack of street smarts and plays heavy on your credibility. I work for cash, not a ride, not for a meal, and sure as hell not for you. If you think my partner and I will act as your on call little errand boys, then your living in a world of dreams.”

His hands on his H&K, the big solo looks to the rest of the group, his gaze holding on Vegas, Echo, and Ghlahn the longest. Then without a word he starts heading away from Cred Stick Charlie and his bulls***.

“For the love of—” Vegas declares. “Did everyone wake up on the wrong side of the coffin, or what? Casino, get your ass back here.

“Look, we’re short on time,” the crooner explains. “We have already established that the kid has a limited amount of time. Right?”

“Every hour counts,” Blossom confirms, staring right at the leather-clad solo.

“We need a ride,” the Sinatra clone smacks his right hand into his left with a wet splattering sound. “We’ve wasted hours on sleep, on—stupid decisions—and chasing ghosts. Casino, you rode Bloodbank pretty heavy on his decision not to participate in stealing from the innocent. You even said his cred will take a shot. What do you think’ll happen to ours if this kid dies on our watch? Especially if word gets out that he drew the ace of spades because of our pride?

“Maybe the lot of us has got some cash sitting around that we aren’t all aware of, but near as I can tell, Charlie’s right. We can’t afford to buy a ride, and even our techie is unsure of whether he can lift one, so our options are to rent. I got news for you all, I don’t have the credits to rent sh**. But what I do have is trade. I can trade my services for a little something to carry us forward. Pride be damned.

“What’ve you got, Partner?” Vegas turns to Casino and spreads his arms wide. “You got some dough tucked away somewhere I’m not aware of? How about you Ghlahn? You got enough scratch to buy?

“There’s a number of us… we might need more’n one vehicle.”

Not waiting for the other solos’ responses, Vegas turns his attention back to the fixer. “What’s the full story, Charlie?”

“We’ve got the air jeep, like I said, and next we have either a nomad agro truck or a bedouin truck available as well. So? Ms. Echo?” Luther looks to Echo for her comments about what vehicles if any could be acquired, but interrupts again before she starts, blurting out, "Oh! And you can use them for 48 hours... just sayin’." Then he nods with a sinful gin and mouths, "Go ahead, your turn" and gives an "okay" sign to boot.

“I’ve seen the air jeep in action,” Echo replies tentatively. “Ugly, but it is a solid ride. Won’t carry the lot of us though. Especially not if we find the kid. I’d suggest we try to get the Jeep and the Bedouin. There’s eight of us and the boy will make nine. The jeep will carry six people max load while the Bedouin will take six. The Bedouin is covered, so that’ll be important for secrecy.”

“How long will it take to get those rides, Charlie?” Vegas asks, assuming that Casino and Ghlahn are now on board with the reality of their situation having been fully explained.

(OOC: Charlie’s answer&hellip

“Damn!” Vegas looks around in frustration. “OK, I say you get to work on those rides and we’ll use public transportation to make our way to the offices. No more wasted time, savvy? You’re with me, right, Casino?”

(OOC: Assuming a yes&hellip

“Ghlahn?”

(OOC: Assuming a yes&hellip

“All right,” Vegas nods, “Where’s the nearest terminal?”

“Two blocks south,” Blossom replies instantly. “This enclave’s got a hold of it but there’s still public access. We can take the train and it’ll put us within a block of the office.”

“OK, one last time… Everyone on board?”

“I’m good,” Bloodbank replies.

“Count me in,” Blossom remarks with a charismatic grin.

(OOC: Everyone else’s replies&hellip

(OOC: Time is 11:34 P.M. PST)



Posted on 2018-06-17 at 16:31:08.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2183 Posts


An ego Battle-Royale

Fixer listened as the egos in the room went back and forth. To steal or not to steal. To rent or not to rent. To work for Charlie or to walk. To act like a complete dick or to hold up your end of the deal . . .


When Vegas had finished insisting that everyone join this little parade, Fixer figured it was time to add his two cents. Sadly, two-cents was about all he had, which was part of the problem. But whatever problems that caused, they needed to fins a way to save the kid. As had been pointed out, their reputations depended on it. And after all this time he was beginning to feel like he knew the kid – and liked him. He wanted to succeed at this thing and for the first time felt like they had a real clue. The kid had disappeared and Upstairs Downstairs seemed to be involved in some way.

He looked at the others. “Ok, folks, as Vegas said, we need to act. If that means trading a bit on our skills, then so be it.” At that point he looked directly at Vegas and Charlie, “But I do want to know what we are promising. Yeah, I can fix things. Stuff. Gadgets. And sometimes “things.” But I want to be sure we know what we are promising. I’m not signing on for a long-term gig on this thing. I’m in for the trade, but only enough to cover 1/8th of two days rental of two vehicles. And cash at the end may cover it. Plus . . .” and here he looked at the medic, “my trade is clean. If I’m doing dirty work I want to control when, where and for whom I do it. In other words, if I’m jacking a ride, it isn’t to pay off renting no damn ride. Right?”

(Assuming a nod/agreement of sorts.)


“Ok, we need to get there and get moving. Also, we still have those walkie talkies from earlier. Let’s make sure those going by public transit and those arriving later with the rides can all communicate. And both vehicles need one. This is our best lead yet – we actually have reason to think this might lead to info. We need that data.” He rubbed his hands together a bit. “I’m in. Let’s move.”



Posted on 2018-06-17 at 19:28:04.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2084 Posts




"If you all are set on a break-in you are gonna need a lookout.  Sure me fine to stay outside and keep my eyes open.  Bloodbank can join me so we have two sets of eyes."



Posted on 2018-06-18 at 12:15:16.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.