The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by SilentOne)Destiny's Flight
Spamvertize - Olan and saving cash... (posted by breebles)Olan and saving cash...
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by breebles)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Cyberpunk --> Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
Parent thread: Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
GM for this game: Bromern Sal
Players for this game: TannTalas, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Giddy, Aletheia, Espatier
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2326 Posts


Moving on up

Ok, so Fixer was going to be part of the 'in-crowd.'  There was a first for everything, right?  He grinned a bit behind his mask enjoying his own little inside joke.  Hey, it made him laugh, and not much seemed worth a laugh right now.  Especially that look in Casiino's eyes.  He thought he understood where it came from - he hoped he had a friend who would come after him like that some day.  But for now he had this crew, motley as it was.  

"Rya Mendez, here we come."  This time he spoke out loud. he wasn't sure why, just to express his willingness to move.  "Gholan, you might want to give us a few quick signals.  Something like, One:  Gang coming in front door.  Two:  Second team on site.  Three:  Run Like Hell.  Four:  Hurry, but still clear.  I don't know.  You decide.  Keep it simple since the airwaves aren't clean, but it doesn't do much good to have a scout who can't let us know what he has scouted."  He passed that topic off to the sniper and turned to the others heading into the building.  "Lead on.  A delux apartment in the sky awaits.  Or at least a dump on the 6th floor.  Lets hope we can close out this gig quickly. "

As they moved towards the door he did a quick mental rundown of all of his gear.  He did not want to get into a firefight, but also wanted to be ready in case he did.  He glanced at Casino as they headed in the door.  "Lets make this a quick one big guy."  



Posted on 2019-06-12 at 18:26:21.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts




After unsucessfully looking for a prime overwatch spot, Ghalan agreed with his partner that the sixth flor would have to do.  "Guess I can fake homeless.  At least for a couple hours."  Just before entereing the room full of vagrants he took out the radio and made a call to the others lettign them know the pair were in position.  He made his way towards a spot where he could at least look out of the building and then flopped on the floor.  One look at him and the others would likely figure he was one to leave alone.  "Now we wait, you keep watch on the riff-raff and I'll watch the outside."  



Posted on 2019-06-12 at 18:50:07.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 144/11
3856 Posts




X00032:7.Y00001:12.Z00054:4, Building Across the Street from Rya Mendez's Listed Address  | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 8:02 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

After unsuccessfully looking for a prime overwatch spot, Ghalan agreed with his partner that the sixth floor would have to do.

"Guess I can fake homeless. At least for a couple of hours." Just before entering the room full of vagrants he took out the radio and made a call to the others letting them know the pair were in position. He made his way towards a spot where he could at least look out of the building and then flopped on the floor. One look at him and the others would likely figure he was one to leave alone. "Now we wait, you keep watch on the riff-raff and I'll watch the outside." 

"Sure," Blossom mumbles as she sweeps her trenchcoat underneath her and drops into a cross-legged position. "Keep an eye on the riff-raff. Oh! While you're at it, tap into the govs surveillance cameras and watch out for any sweep teams lookin' anxious to sink their teeth into our pretty little asses." Affecting a higher pitched voice but still keeping her volume low, the netrunner continues. "Sure thing, boss. Want me to massage yer head while I'm at it?" The rest of her mumbling falls too low beneath her breath for even Ghlahn's enhanced hearing to pick up. 

Accessing her presets through her agent, the little Asian sets about seeking access nodes. The UrbanZone is notorious for its lack of police overwatch and video surveillance by the city is a rare thing indeed. Her hope is that she can piggyback on a dealer's security system, one of the local Alt-cult's, or even just a civy or two. As luck would have it, she finds just what she was looking for. 

"Datawall," she mutters, "easy enough... too easy... who do you belong to, little datawall?" Pulling her sleeve back, she mentally commands her keyboard to emerge from her bracer. Fingers are flying across the coder's keys almost before the board has settled its motion. "That's what I thought. Can't hide from me, silly billy." 

Sighting in on the windows of the sixth floor, Ghlahn is quickly disappointed by his lack of insight into what's going on behind the walls of the building. A good infrared scanner would be delightful about now, but even his infrared sight can't penetrate the thickness of these walls at this distance.


X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5, Rya Mendez’s Listed Address (Inside)  | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 8:10 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

Ok, so I'm going to be part of the 'in-crowd.' There is a first for everything, right? Fixer grins a bit behind his mask, enjoying his own little inside joke. It made him laugh, and not much seemed worth a laugh right now. Especially that look in Casino's eyes. He thinks he understands where it comes from. He can only hope he has a friend who would come after him like that someday. But for now, he has this crew, motley as it is.  

"Rya Mendez, here we come." This time he speaks out loud. he isn't sure why; perhaps just to express his willingness to move.  "Ghlahn, you might want to give us a few quick signals. Something like one click, gang coming in the front door. Two, the second team is on site. Three, Run Like Hell. Four, hurry, but everything is still clear. I don't know. You decide. Keep it simple since the airwaves aren't clean, but it doesn't do much good to have a scout who can't let us know what he has scouted." The techie passes that topic off to the sniper and turns to the others heading into the building.

"Lead on. A deluxe apartment in the sky awaits... or at least a dump on the 6th floor. Let's hope we can close out this gig quickly."

As they moved towards the door Fixer performs a quick mental rundown of all of his gear. He does not want to get into a firefight but also wants to be ready in case he does. Glancing at Casino as they head in the door he offers, "Let's make this a quick one big guy."

Taking the lead as Charlie’s bodyguard, Casino has to stop himself from laughing out loud. In reality, given different circumstances, he was the last person Charlie should want as a bodyguard. Casino is just as liable to kill the fixer as protect him.
However, if this is the quickest way to recover this kid and get this run done, then the large solo is all for it. In his mind, his real priority is to find Vegas and do some killing of the people holding him.

As the wanna-be fixer bangs on (hopefully) the right door, Casino does as he is supposed to, looking at everything and everyone with his amped up vision. Though his face is hidden behind the crow mask, his eyes are unobstructed, leaving any who might pass under the gaze a chance to face Death looking back at them. Leaving nothing to chance, anything he thinks is out of the ordinary receives a closer look using his telescopic vision. For now, all he can do is act the part of Charlie’s ‘bodyguard’ and hope things move along quickly.

*THUMP THUMP THUMP*

“Rya? Is that you?” Cred Stick Charlie calls through the door after soundly thumping on it. He waits a few seconds, then...

*THUMP THUMP THUMP*

“I’m Mister Body... as in Nobody, so let me set this straight. All comms have been compromised, I’m playing clean up man for God-knows-who. Why things are messed up I don’t know. Questions are above my pay grade so don’t ask, Choomba. So, either open this door up now or you can take the heat because this kitchen is now on fire, you feel me, Player?  

"If you want to call someone and let them know where the kids is at, please go right ahead so that I can leave this place and read about it in the screamsheet later, so... please do so." Charlie attempts to whisper in passive threats and confidence but what is a con man after all but someone who runs a series of lies to get what he wants.

"I don't no nothin' about no kid," a strong but mature female voice seeps through the door. "Go away. It's early."

“I’m here to move the kid, so that makes me the clean up as well as the bag man today." Luther smiles a toothy grin that perhaps the Reefers would recognize as a friendly warning and leans into the door. “Clean, fix, transport... as long as the creds are good, I’m—" Charlie would have done the unthinkable when he was younger and stick one of his 100 credit shoes in the doorway but no dice here with a closed door and a wiser businessman. 

Sighing aloud, he continues his full-court press, "Choomba, are you really going to leave me out here in the hallway? Don’t make me mess these faux gator cut wing tips up because I have no shame in taking it out of your cut, ¿Entiendes?”  (understand?/Spanish)

"I said there's no kid here," the voice forcefully insists. "Now go away, you're bothering my neighbors."

Charlie feels the hostility in the voice and attempts to cast doubt, hoping to prevent anyone on the other side of the door from checking with others by furthering the compromised operation front. “Look... I’m just one man... You got the kid, let's get everyone to a safe house, the quicker the better before the heat gets hotter.”

Placing his hands on the metal frame of the door as if holding it up, he leans into the door. Gazing down the hall past Casino and the others, acting as if they don’t exist, he turns his face back to the door.

“Look, miss...” standing straighter, he holds up his false cred stick so that if someone is watching through the peephole they should be able to see the color of it. “I just want to do my job and get you, Rya, the boy, and anyone else out of here, pronto. You feel me? How many am I transporting today? Look, it don’t matter... just open up and let me in.”

"I give you the count of three," the elderly voice hisses. "Then you got real trouble if you are still here."

"Stubborn old gray-hair," Echo mutters. "Now what?"

"Still not going to condone hurting the elderly..." Bloodbank trails off.

 



Posted on 2019-06-19 at 18:25:39.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2326 Posts


Con men who can't con a woman

Fixer stoof near the back of the group away from the door.  He was out of site of any view from the door - the gig was that only one person was out there.  But he could hear the dialogue and knew the great negotiator was not getting great results at the moment.  And now a threat.  Great.  This wasn't his call at this point and he had no idea what they would do next. Bust in the door?  Continue talking?  Hard to tell.

He took a look at the door - was there any kind of electronic security there or anywhere else in the hallway?  He scanned as much as he could.  What else was there for him to do?  He also looked around at the doors to other residences (Assuming there are some) to see if there was anything there - or anyone taking note of what was ahppening in the hallway.  

Of course, Rya Mendez was just one of the possibilities for an employee that might be involved in all of this.  There had been others.  Time was ticking . . .  



Posted on 2019-06-19 at 19:09:11.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6323 Posts


Old Women = shit, add fan.

Address, X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5 | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 08:10 AM PST Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

Well that did not go as expected  Casino thought to himself as the old women responded to Charlie.

"I give you the count of three," the elderly voice hisses. "Then you got real trouble if you are still here."

If he could Casino would have just smashed the door open and moved in but he knew that was only his fear for Vegas talking, To many variables existed, the boy could be inside and a fire fight could get him shot. The kid not inside, the racket bringing the cops or private law enforcement.. All he could do was get ready for what the elderly meant by “real trouble” Casino had a bad feeling the old women meant the bangers hanging around the building. If that was the case not even Ghalan’s high cover would not help them get back to the car. Crouching down, his back using the wall to steady himself, he primed a fresh round into the HK’s chamber, flipped off the safety, and waited.

 



Posted on 2019-06-19 at 20:13:27.
Edited on 2019-06-19 at 20:16:18 by TannTalas

Espatier
Regular Visitor
Karma: 1/0
89 Posts


Forceable entry needed

Charlie moves out fo the way for the others to do thier things and lets the solos take a stab at it as he will wait for the entry and the dust to settle. 

" Okay.... so  you got a few people in with you and I'm bothring the neibors... Your choice" speaks as Charlie moves away from the door and watches the solo take over. It would have been better with a egress specialist but things were going to get sloppy at the door anyhow....

 

Charile simply just watched and wait for the door to  get the beat down as he moved far away from the door.



Posted on 2019-06-26 at 04:15:54.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts




"well this building has nothing to offer as far as overwatch Ghalan grumbled as he looked out the window.  There was no way to see behind the concrete walls encasing the group.  He was essentially blind.  Taking out his radio he gave an update.  "We made it inside but other than a bunch of vagrants all around me I can't see a thing.  You guys are on your own over there.  Probably gonna make our way back to the start point."  Turning to his partner, "You got anything?  The lookout idea is a wash so we can head beack whenever you are ready."



Posted on 2019-06-28 at 18:25:21.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6323 Posts




Address, X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5 | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 08:10 AM PST
Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

Casino, crouching waiting for the next bad thing to happen stared open mouthed as Charlie moved back from the door looking to him to take over. 

You have to be ****ing kidding me. The solo thought to himself as he watched Starlight’s assigned fixer bail from the door. And he is supposed to be the one in charge, give me a goddamn break.

“Ma’am we are not here to hurt anyone or get into a risky firefight. We were hired by a Fixer, who was hired as she told us by the kids family, to find out what happened to him and rescue him. I know you don’t know us, trust us, or give a s*** who hired us, but its clear to me if the boy is in there you did not kidnap him. If you had, I think the shooting would have already started and people, possibly the kid, would already be dead.”

A breath and a two minute pause to let his words sink in. A look to Echo and move of his head indicating the door.
(Assuming she knows what I mean)

“Look I got a young lady out here her name’s Echo if the boy's is in there with you let her come in unarmed and talk to him, find out what we have gotten into and if the boy is here willingly. If we are the bad guys I’d like to know it up front. Ma’am honestly if I could I’d walk away from this run as my best friend and partner is being held against his will as we speak and could end up dead at any minute. The longer I have to deal with this the longer it will take to rescue him. So please let Echo in to talk to the boy, please.”

His voice quite sincere about Vegas and his current status he waited for the old lady’s answer…….



Posted on 2019-06-28 at 20:21:43.

Giddy
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 10/0
183 Posts


Doors doors doors....

Address, X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5 | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 08:10 AM PST Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.) Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

"We made it inside but other than a bunch of vagrants all around me I can't see a thing.  You guys are on your own over there.  Probably gonna make our way back to the start point."

"Drek." Bloodbank thought, so much for any overwatch. They were making no headway here, and he was getting frustrated. Roadblock after roadblock after roadblock seemed to come their way, and they barely seemed an iota closer to finding the boy than they were three days ago when they were given the job. 

Stepping slightly away from the others and away from the door, Cred-stick spoke again. "Okay.... so you got a few people in with you and I'm bothering the neighbors... Your choice." It wasn't until the man glanced at Casino and Echo before Bloodbank understood what he had in mind.

"No." The MedTech hissed, stepping forward to grasp Casino's arm. "We can't let this turn to violence. We haven't the time nor the energy for a firefight." 

Tearing his arm from Bloodbank, but otherwise ignoring him, Casino spoke up. “Ma’am we are not here to hurt anyone or get into a risky firefight. We were hired by a Fixer, who was hired as she told us by the kids family, to find out what happened to him and rescue him. I know you don’t know us, trust us, or give a s*** who hired us, but its clear to me if the boy is in there you did not kidnap him. If you had, I think the shooting would have already started and people, possibly the kid, would already be dead.”

Relieved, and the slightest bit surprised, Bloodbank waited with bated breath for a response, any response. It wasn't the woman behind the door that spoke up, however, it was Casino again.

“Look I got a young lady out here her name’s Echo if the boy is in there with you let her come in unarmed and talk to him, find out what we have gotten into and if the boy is here willingly. If we are the bad guys I’d like to know it up front. Ma’am honestly if I could I’d walk away from this run as my best friend and partner is being held against his will as we speak and could end up dead at any minute. The longer I have to deal with this the longer it will take to rescue him. So please let Echo in to talk to the boy, please.”

"Please." Bloodbank echoed. "We are here to try and save a child. An innocent child who had done nothing more than have an important father. We don't want to fight you, we don't want anything more from you than your assistance in preventing a terrible fate for this child. Surely you don't wish any harm on a child. You can stop this, you can help us and make a difference. To lend yourself to a cause that is larger than any of us. A cause that may not seem to make a large difference in this world we live in, but a cause that will make all the difference to one, young, defenseless child. A cause that is good. A cause that is right. Not often do we have opportunities to do good in this world. To do the right thing. So please, open the door. We just want to talk. Nothing more."

(Persuasion/Fast Talk: 1d10+9. Total of 24 with an exploding ten.)



Posted on 2019-06-29 at 09:55:20.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2326 Posts


From violence, to a con, to pleading . . .

Fixer stood back in the hallway and kept his eyes and ears open.  He looked around and watched every other access point to see if anyone else was watching or paying attention to the non-action in the hallway.  He'd doubted the con to begin with, but it wasn't his type of game.  When it failed he groaned infardly expecting violence.  It seemed the way.  He was surprised to instead hear . . . pleading.  No, it wasn't quite that.  But "please" was not something he had expected to hear on this mission.  Or any mission, really.  He smiled a bit behind his mask and kept watching and listening for any sign of newcomers.  

As he heard the conversation on the walkies he hoped the rest of the group remembered that whoever had Vegas was likely listening in on this.  



Posted on 2019-06-30 at 14:30:32.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 144/11
3856 Posts




X00032:7.Y00001:12.Z00054:4, Building Across the Street from Rya Mendez's Listed Address  | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 8:10 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

 

"Well, this building has nothing to offer as far as overwatch,” Ghlahn grumbles looking out the window. There is no way to see behind the concrete walls encasing the group. He is essentially blind. Taking out his radio he gives an update.

"We made it inside but other than a bunch of vagrants all around me I can't see a thing. You guys are on your own over there. Probably gonna make our way back to the start point." Releasing the button, he turns to his partner, "You got anything? The lookout idea is a wash so we can head back whenever you are ready."

“Ya, I’m almost inside…” Blossom replies absently. “Not rich enough for a Reality but flush enough to have paid for some serious software.” 

Movies and novels have mainstreamed the term Reality enough that Ghlahn is able to decipher some of what she’s talking about. A Reality is a virtual construct that requires an individual to completely jack in, their mind leaving the real world entirely to basically exist in the virtual reality. Runners are most vulnerable when they are in that state as their bodies are completely unaware of their real-world surroundings. Government bodies are striving to set legal limits on time spent jacked in as more and more people are finding those fake worlds more appealing than the real one. 

“There are a few servers running in this area,” Blossom continues to explain. “This one I’m currently peeling back; it’s got the most defenses. Makes me curious.”

(OOC: March 9th, Day 3 - Sunday, Time is 08:13 AM PST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5, Rya Mendez’s Listed Address | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 8:10 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

Stepping slightly away from the others and away from the door, Cred-stick speaks again, "Okay... so you got a few people in with you and I'm bothering the neighbors... Your choice." 

"No." The MedTech hisses, stepping forward to grasp Casino's arm. "We can't let this turn to violence. We haven't the time nor the energy for a firefight." 

Tearing his arm from Bloodbank, but otherwise ignoring him, Casino speaks up. “Ma’am we are not here to hurt anyone or get into a risky firefight. We were hired by a fixer, who was hired (as she told us) by the kid’s family, to find out what happened to him and rescue him. I know you don’t know us, trust us, or give a s*** who hired us, but it’s clear to me if the boy is in there you did not kidnap him. If you had, I think the shooting would have already started and people, possibly the kid, would already be dead.”

Relieved, and the slightest bit surprised, Bloodbank waits with bated breath for a response, any response. It wasn't the woman behind the door that speaks up, however, it is Casino again.

“Look, I got a young lady out here. Her name’s Echo. If the boy is in there with you, let her come in unarmed and talk to him, find out what we have gotten into and if the boy is here willingly. If we are the bad guys, I’d like to know it up front. Ma’am, honestly, if I could I’d walk away from this run, I would, as my best friend and partner is being held against his will as we speak and could end up dead at any minute. The longer I have to deal with this the longer it will take to rescue him. So please let Echo in to talk to the boy, please.”

"Please." Bloodbank echoes. "We are here to try and save a child. An innocent child who had done nothing more than have an important father. We don't want to fight you, we don't want anything more from you than your assistance in preventing a terrible fate for this child. Surely you don't wish any harm on a child. You can stop this, you can help us and make a difference. To lend yourself to a cause that is larger than any of us. A cause that may not seem to make a large difference in this world we live in, but a cause that will make all the difference to one, young, defenseless child. A cause that is good. A cause that is right. Not often do we have opportunities to do good in this world. To do the right thing. So please, open the door. We just want to talk. Nothing more."

Two breaths later the latch on the door clicks, then another, and finally a third. When the door cracks open a bit, a Sternmeyer Type 35 heavy pistol peeks its barrel through followed by a weathered old face staring right at Cred Stick Charlie’s slick visage.

“You called me Rya,” the woman says in a low voice laced with a Polish accent. “I am not Rya. I am Marta. Marta Anders. I know a Rya. What you say about a child being missing, this cannot have to do with Rya. She is a very nice woman.” Keeping the handgun leveled at Charlie’s gut, her eyes dart from side to side, assessing what she can see of the hallway. “Rya used to come around every other day to collect messages. This is what I do. I offer an address for people who do not have one so they can work. I have not seen her in couple days.” 

“Do you know where we can find her?” Echo slowly steps into view, having put her weapons away. Hands held up in front of her, the Nomad presents very little visible threat despite still having her face covered by the balaclava. 

Marta regards the leather-clad woman with narrowed eyes that take in her whole appearance quickly before settling in a direct stare. Echo feels as though Marta is reading her very soul, remembering sitting before the Council and feeling emotionally stripped by their decision. Mouth suddenly dry, Elizabeth turns her palms upward, instinctively using the Rolling State’s symbol for charity. “Please, there’s a young life at stake.”

“You stay here,” Marta abruptly closes the door to her apartment.

Dropping her hands to her sides, Echo turns a narrowed, icy gaze towards Casino. “Next time you want to offer a sacrifice to the gods of luck, choose someone else.” Confusion and hurt mull together resulting in anger. Volunteering her to enter an apartment where unknown dangers lurk unarmed all without discussing the plan with her was ballsy. Mix in Casino’s words about Vegas and Elizabeth is feeling stupid and overly trusting. Haven’t even known him for half a week yet. What’d I expect? 

The door clicks open and Marta shoves an index card through the small crack. “This all I have on Rya Mendez. Now, go. Go.” 

Echo takes the card and as the door closes, reads the fine handwriting on the front. 

Rya Mendez - End of Row, 12th Alley, Hill View - No contact number, works at Upstairs, Downstairs, Inc.

Handing the card to Charlie, Echo swings her submachine gun from behind her back into hand and without another look at the big solo, she starts walking down the hall. 

(OOC: March 9th, Day 3 - Sunday, Time is 08:20 AM PST)



Posted on 2019-06-30 at 16:12:25.

Giddy
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 10/0
183 Posts


Oh, drama. Excellent!

X00032:7.Y00001:12.Z00054:4, Building Across the Street from Rya Mendez's Listed Address  | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 8:10 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

"...So please, open the door. We just want to talk. Nothing more."

Bloodbanks heart thumped inside his chest as the last of his words seemed to hang in the air. For a moment he felt foolish. This woman likely wasn't interested in anything more then her own wellbeing; and if the Med-tech was truly honest with himself, he didn't blame her. He knew how tough life could be down here in the Midcity and sometimes one had to look out for their own self-interest. Especially if several well-armed strangers were pounding on your door, ranting about some kidnapped stranger. It was ridiculous to think that someone would be willing to put themselves on the line, no matter how slightly, for a someone that they had no vested interest in. Then the first lock clicked open.

Surprised, and not too sure he'd like to see what was awaiting them on the other side of the door, Bloodbank pressed himself against the wall. Another lock clicked, and then another, then the door opened. The first thing that Bloodbank noticed was the gunmetal gray barrel of the woman's firearm. It was pointed straight at Cred-sticks stomach and for a moment Bloodbank envisioned a flash of gunfire, Cred-stick falling to the ground as a bullet pierced his abdomen, ricocheting off of his spine and tearing his organs apart. Then, however, Bloodbank focused on the face of the woman. Her face was wrinkled and almost leathery with age and suspicious, but inherently kind eyes stared directly at Charlie.

“You called me Rya,” the woman said in a low voice laced with a Polish accent. “I am not Rya. I am Marta. Marta Anders. I know a Rya. What you say about a child being missing, this cannot have to do with Rya. She is a very nice woman.” Keeping the handgun leveled at Charlie’s gut, her eyes darted from side to side, assessing what she could see of the hallway. “Rya used to come around every other day to collect messages. This is what I do. I offer an address for people who do not have one so they can work. I have not seen her in couple days.” 

"Is that unusual?" Bloodbank asked, moving slightly away from the wall he was pressed against when it became apparent that the situation was about to digress into a gunfight. "I mean, how often did Rya usually come around?"

“Do you know where we can find her?” Echo slowly stepped into view, with her weapons put away. Hands held up in front of her, the Nomad presented very little visible threat despite still having her face covered by the balaclava. 

Marta regarded the leather-clad woman with narrowed eyes that took in her whole appearance quickly before settling in a direct stare. Echo felt as though Marta was reading her very soul, and remembered sitting before the Council and feeling emotionally stripped by their decision. Mouth suddenly dry, Elizabeth turned her palms upward, instinctively using the Rolling State’s symbol for charity. “Please, there’s a young life at stake.”

“You stay here,” Marta abruptly closed the door to her apartment.

“Next time you want to offer a sacrifice to the gods of luck, choose someone else.” The coldness of Echo's voice shocked Bloodbank. He had thought that the Nomad was fairly fond of Casino, what with the passionate -- and rather awkward -- kiss that she had bestowed upon the large Edgerunner. Looking at her now, however, Bloodbank would not have been surprised to see her draw her weapon and fire on the large solo. Bloodbank knew that if he had been on the receiving end of that look, he would have decided that now was as good a time as any to find a good hole to hide in.

The door clicked open and Marta shoved an index card through the small crack. “This all I have on Rya Mendez. Now, go. Go.” 

Echo took the card and as the door closed, read the fine handwriting on the front. Then, handing the card to Cred-stick, she turned, took her submachine gun from her back in a fluid motion, and began to walk down the hall. 

Interested in what was written on the card now held in Cred-stick's hand, Bloodbank leaned in, but something else caught his attention. An odd expression had seemed to pass across Echo's face. Almost sorrow, almost contempt. It was an expression that he didn't really have any words for. He could tell that it wasn't a happy face, though.

Speeding up slightly to walk beside her, Bloodbank murmured under his battlemask, trying to keep his voice low so that only Echo could hear him. "Hey. Are you alright?"



Posted on 2019-07-04 at 19:23:56.

Espatier
Regular Visitor
Karma: 1/0
89 Posts


new address to find

X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5, Rya Mendez’s Listed Address | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 8:10 AM PST

Charlie was handed a card with the new address and or whereabouts of Rya. He looked at the address and began to tap the keys on his phone to find more information and pass this little nugget. He sent  blossom what information that he had as he in turn went back to retieve his borowed air raft that he couldn't wait to unload back to its owners. 

Making his way back to the airraft he scanned ahead as he stillworried about the other team and wondered how closer they were to him. 

After getting into the airraft Charlies consentarated more on info gathering about the address that he was given and to find anything about this place

( Roll streetdeal or Libray search needed?" 

 



Posted on 2019-07-06 at 21:31:57.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2326 Posts


and the chase continues

Fixer listened in as first one group member and then another tried to convince the voice behind the door to open up.  Eventually it seemed that Bloodbank's pleading had done the trick.  He was glad no blood had been spilled.  A firefight in this hallway didn't seem likely to accomplish anything good.  But pleading did.  Well, it accomplished something.  Good?  That was yet to be determined.  

It seemed the woman in room wasn't Rya.  This was just a dumby address for the underemployed.  Damn.  Life in the big city could take a bite out of people.  He wondered what Rya paid just to put her name on a place.  She didn't even get to live there.  Just pretend.  What a crappy world.  But he damn sure didn't want to end up so down on his luck that he had to rent an address.  And if this job continued to go South on them they might all be lucky if they just disappeared into the muck.  

But she did give them an address.  Where and what was that?  It seemed the group had another target.  He quickly followed Echo out of the building.  He heard her anger and understood it.  He heard Bloodbank's question.  Damn.  The group had to hold together or they would be all be looking for rental addresses.  If they were lucky.  And Vegas' luck was going to run out soon as well.  Hang together guys.  Hang on.  



Posted on 2019-07-08 at 22:57:34.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts




"So ya found something interesting?  Care to share?"  Ghalan moved closer so his voice could remain too low for the vagrants to hear.  "I let the other know I had no overlook but didn;t hear back so perhaps we should head back soon.  No rush, just let me know when you are ready to move"



Posted on 2019-07-09 at 18:33:33.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.