The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: Bromern Sal, Giddy
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by Eol Fefalas)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Cyberpunk --> Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
Parent thread: Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
GM for this game: Bromern Sal
Players for this game: TannTalas, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Giddy, Aletheia, Espatier
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34   
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6290 Posts


Confused, Hurt, Angry, Convinced, Determined

Address, X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5 | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 08:10 AM PST
Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)  Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

"Look I got a young lady out here her name’s Echo if the boys is in there with you let her come in unarmed and talk to him, find out what we have gotten into and if the boy is here willingly. If we are the bad guys I’d like to know it up front. Ma’am honestly if I could I’d walk away from this run as my best friend and partner is being held against his will as we speak and could end up dead at any minute. The longer I have to deal with this the longer it will take to rescue him. So please let Echo in to talk to the boy, please.”

Watching Echo take the card from the old women it was with a jolt of shock when she turned to him a narrowed, icy gaze.

“Next time you want to offer a sacrifice to the gods of luck, choose someone else.”

What the f..k?….

Casino thought to himself as he started to stand to follow the rest out. He was sure she had been ok with it from the start as during his gaze to her to confirm her going to the door, she had not shown any sight of being against it. Pushing his HK around to his back to be hidden once more by the duster he was the last in line heading out the apartment complex door. As he followed the rest, Echo clearly in the lead he could not see where this sudden reversal of feelings had come from. One minute she was begging him to stay and finish this run, even kissing him. The next she was acting like a someone who hated him. True he had only known her since the start of this run and not much beyond that and oh my god she was like a teenager to him age wise. Was all that affection just BS to keep him on the run to provide added muscle? it sure was starting to look like it. And if that truly was the case he had no desire to stay with the rest considering their “leader” was some sorta wanna be fixer without two cents worth of charm. He could only hope Charlie would not get them all killed as they were good people in a very bad situation.

As they reached the outside and the rest headed to the car, Casino found himself hesitating, debating his next move, rejoin the rest of the group or say to hell with it and go after Vegas. He still had the walkie and could still hopefully contact his captors and arrange a new meet-up to try to get him back. Yeah the big solo’s chances were slim by himself to get his friend back, but he did have options, if only they weren’t so few and not guaranteed. Looking at Echo’s retreating back Casino felt first hurt the angry and unsure of where he actually stood with her.

After all, again the big solo had been guided away from where he should be right now, all because he was lonely and the nomad girl had sparked something in him . Echo had been the one to talk him, and if Casino had to be honest, kiss him, into going with the group instead of after Vegas, his partner for 3 times longer then he’d know this 18 year old kid. Goddamn it! he’d once again thought with his d..k and heart instead of his loyalty, well f..k that, that changes now. 

As he headed back towards the the groups car, he made his choice pausing in front of them he made it clear.

“I’m done being nice and quiet” The big solo said looking directly at Echo, a hurt, yet determined look in his eyes, his voice steady and calm "I don't know what the hell is up with you Echo, one minute your all nice and affectionate, the next your basically telling me F**k you. I looked to you and thought my idea of you taking the lead with the old lady was ok as you did not give any indication it was not. I never had any intention of sacrificing your ass to the gods of luck. If thats how you feel then I apologize.”

Turning to look at Charlie.......

“And you Charlie you start doing your part finding this kid fast or no more mr nice guy from me. You got stuck as leader by Starlight then f**king start leading. We need the kid and we need him fast so  we can go after Vegas.” A deep couple of breaths to calm himself and he looked at everyone.

“So where to next…..”

 

.



Posted on 2019-07-09 at 18:38:25.
Edited on 2019-07-10 at 23:23:05 by TannTalas

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 142/11
3792 Posts




X00032:7.Y00001:12.Z00054:4, Building Across the Street from Rya Mendez's Listed Address  | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 8:13 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

Releasing the Walkie-Talkie button, Ghlahn turns to his partner, "You got anything? The lookout idea is a wash so we can head back whenever you are ready."

“Ya, I’m almost inside…” Blossom replies absently. “Not rich enough for a Reality but flush enough to have paid for some serious software.” 

Movies and novels have mainstreamed the term Reality enough that Ghlahn is able to decipher some of what she’s talking about. A Reality is a virtual construct that requires an individual to completely jack in, their mind leaving the real world entirely to basically exist in the virtual reality. Runners are most vulnerable when they are in that state as their bodies are completely unaware of their real world surroundings. Government bodies are striving to set legal limits on time spent jacked in as more and more people are finding those fake worlds more appealing than the real one. 

“There are a few servers being ran in this area,” Blossom continues to explain. “This one I’m currently peeling back; it’s got the most defenses. Makes me curious.”

"So ya found something interesting? Care to share?" Ghlahn moves closer so his voice can remain too low for the vagrants to hear. "I let the other know I had no overlook but didn’t hear back so perhaps we should head back soon. No rush, just let me know when you are ready to move."

Absently responding with a “Hmmm,” Blossom continues her dig for a few more seconds before jerking her attention towards the sniper. “No response? Do you think they might be in trouble?” Shaking her head, the netrunner quickly has her “girl” jump back to the scanning software she’s had searching for possible flags that might indicate the second team is closing in and reviews the data feed, wide eyes darting back and forth behind her heart-shaped sunglasses.

“I’ve got nothin’ and there haven’t been any gunfire… right?” Receiving a nod from her CEE-metal companion, Blossom still can’t help the sinking feeling in her gut. “I don’t like it.” 

Flagging the IP address of the server construct she has been breaking down for further investigation, she springs up, her leather trenchcoat flowing about her shapely legs with a muted rustle. All of her HUD readouts fade away as she pulls herself fully out of the cyberspace and returns to reality. “Let’s head back to the Jeep.”

(OOC: March 9th, Day 3 - Sunday, Time is 08:16 AM PST)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5, Rya Mendez’s Listed Address | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 8:20 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

The door clicks open and Marta shoves an index card through the small crack. “This all I have on Rya Mendez. Now, go. Go.” 

Echo takes the card and as the door closes, reads the fine handwriting on the front. 

Rya Mendez - End of Row, 12th Alley, Hill View - No contact number, works at Upstairs, Downstairs, Inc.

Handing the card to Charlie, Echo swings her submachine gun from behind her back into hand and without another look at the big solo, she starts walking down the hall. 

Receiving the card with the new address and or whereabouts of Rya, Charlie looks at the information and draws his agent from his inside jacket pocket. Tapping the digital keys on his device, the fixer seeks to find more information he can pass along about this little nugget. He sends Blossom the address along with a note that this potentially pertains directly to Jace’s location and turns to follow the prickly nomad out of the building. He can’t wait to return to his borrowed air jeep, finish this gig, and unload it back to its owners. 

Interested in what was written on the card now held in Cred Stick's hand, Bloodbank leans in, but something else catches his attention. An odd expression passes across Echo's eyes. Sorrow? Contempt? It is an expression that he doesn’t really have any words for. He can tell that it isn’t happiness, though.

Speeding up slightly to walk beside her, Bloodbank murmurs under his battlemask, trying to keep his voice low so that only Echo can hear him. "Hey. Are you alright?"

Glancing sideways at the medtech, the young nomad clenches her jaw against the emotions that surprisingly rise up inside of her. Long eyelashes slam shut quickly to keep any tears from escaping, she blinks as rapidly as she returns her gaze to the stairs below. 

“Everything’s golden,” she lies while admitting to herself that it isn’t. She had thought that with Casino’s obvious loyalty to Vegas and his passion that she’d found someone she could count on. Now that the Tribe has pushed her aside, that inclusion is a lot more important than she had originally given it credit for. Two days in and she has found herself hoping that this crew, this team of misfits—and most importantly, Casino—could fill that void. Why did he have to say those things and push me off like that? “Just got to get the run over with, right? Then we all go our merry ways.” 

Realizing that she’s responding very chill towards the man who had come to check on her, Elizabeth wants to offer him an olive branch but finds herself so angry—mostly with herself, she realizes—that she remains quiet and presses on leaving Bloodbank to follow just behind her and in front of Charlie.

Scanning ahead, looking past the leather clad woman in front of him, he admits that he is still worried about the other team and wonders how close they are to him. Echo does her job, cold and efficient, stopping them before progressing onto each landing and investigating before leading them further down the stairs. On the second floor she stops them with a raised hand. Sounds of something moving about in the lobby drift up the stairwell, a low rolling clip that the woman immediately places as wheels. Stepping softly, the soles of her riding boots absorbing the sound of her decent, Echo raises up her submachine gun and approaches an angle by which she can better observe the cluttered space. Spotting a grubby looking child scooting about on a Big Wheel, she quickly scans the rest of the room before lowering her weapon and stepping out, motioning the others to follow. 

Perhaps seven years of age, the child is a little Latino girl with scraggly black hair that hangs loosely about her shoulders, dirt smudges on her face, and wide eyes that show no fear only curiosity. She wears a faded white T-shirt with thin red stripes and bright blue shorts along with rubber flip-flops. Still as a statue while the team passes, Casino picks up the rolling of her ancient plaything pick up again once they step outside.

As they reach the outside and the rest head to the car, Casino finds himself hesitating, debating his next move; rejoin the rest of the group or say to hell with it and go after Vegas. He still has the walkie and can hopefully contact his partner’s captors to arrange a new meet-up and try to get him back. Yeah, the big solo’s chances are slim to none attempting to rescue his friend alone, but he does have options if only they aren’t so few and not guaranteed. Looking at Echo’s retreating back, Casino feels first hurt then angry and unsure of where he actually stands with her.

After all, once again the big solo has been guided away from where he should be right now, all because he is lonely and the nomad girl had sparked something in him. Echo had been the one to talk him—and if Casino has to be honest—kiss him, into going with the group instead of after Vegas, his partner for three times longer than he’d ever know this 18-year-old kid. Goddamn it! He’d once again thought with his d**k and heart instead of being loyal, well f**k that, that changes now. He makes his choice, pausing in front of the team as everyone gathers around the air jeep, Ghlahn and Blossom having been waiting for them to arrive. Now is the time where he makes it clear.

“I’m done being nice and quiet,” The big solo says staring directly at Echo, a hurt, yet determined look in his eyes that his battlemask keeps from being revealed. His voice steady and calm, he continues, "I don't know what the hell is up with you Echo, one minute your all nice and affectionate, the next you’re basically telling me, f**k you! I looked to you and thought my idea of you taking the lead with the old lady was okay as you did not give any indication it was not. I never had any intention of sacrificing your ass to the ‘gods of luck.’ If that’s how you feel then I apologize.”

Turning to look at Charlie, he addresses their faceman. “And you Charlie, you start doing your part finding this kid fast or no more Mister Nice Guy from me. You got stuck as the leader by Starlight, then f**king start leading. We need the kid and we need him fast so we can go after Vegas.” A deep couple of breaths to calm himself and he looks at everyone else. “So where to next?”

“So…” Blossom removes the lolli from her mouth with an audible popping sound and smiles into the awkwardness. “Everything go well with you choombas?”

Mortified that Casino would address her in front of others as he did, Echo refuses to look at anyone, focusing her eyes on the stream of dirty water rolling down the gutter. “We go to that address and confront Rya,” she mutters.

“Sure,” the netrunner chirps. “Let’s all get lovey-dovey in this quaint piece of military surplus. Who’s lap am I sitting on?” Turning her childish heart-shaped sunglasses towards Bloodbank and Fixer, she grins broadly and points the ball of her grape sucker at each in turn while swinging her hips to one side with each change, “Eenie, meanie, miny, moe…”

(OOC: March 9th, Day 3 - Sunday, Time is 08:30 AM PST)



Posted on 2019-07-12 at 22:22:54.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2197 Posts




"Lets go back to the Jeep" Ghalan stood and motioned for Blossom to lead the way back.  "Hopefully the others found something.  Gonna have to teach them how a radio works when we get back.  First they leave me without on and then they don't answer when I do have one."  The return trip was a simple matter fo retracing their route and the Cree expected no problems.  He did however keep his eyes moving and his ears open.  



Posted on 2019-07-13 at 21:09:34.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6290 Posts


Said and done and a late apology

Address, X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5 | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 08:10 AM PST
Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

Mortified that Casino would address her in front of others as he did, Echo refuses to look at anyone
Mortified that Casino would address her, Echo refuses to look at anyone
Mortified Casino, Echo refuses to look at anyone
Mortified,Echo, refuse, look

As Casino took the drivers seat without being asked, or even caring if he the others would like it, or not, he kept seeing Echo’s face as he had said his piece. God she was only 18, just out of puberty, but she had stirred something in him, something thanks to that motified look Casino knew was not going to go away any time soon. Damn it you big idiot now is not the time for feelings or trouble among them all. If they were gonna get the kid back they needed to work together.

Being the first settled in the car, he took off his battle mask rubbing his tired face and noticed for the first time that Echo could not possible have seen his nod to her about taking the lead with the old women. Great just great, f..king things up yet again The big solo thought to himself. As Echo got into the passenger seat he got her attention.

“Look Echo, I’m sorry I really thought I had your ok, but I guess I did not.” A deep breath “won’t happen again”

With everyone in the car, Blossem looking quite ok with her seating arrangement, he inputted the next addresse into the car’s GPS and pulled into the street. A glance in the rearward mirror and he caught a glimpse of Charlie and could not help wonderr about him. It was clear he was not a street fixer, but maybe a damn good behind the desk one, I mean really what do I know about the guy other then Starlight stuck him on us. Maybe he did not want to be here and Starlight was just being a menstruational bitch. A second look in the rear veiw and a weave into the next lane, also caught him a second look at the fixer. In his anger in the whole Vegas, Echo, get the kid first bulls***, he had taken a lot of it out on Charlie. Had he been wrong? F..K No, could he have worded it all better yeah, for sure. Right now all the big solo could do was tone down his anger and rage at Vegas’s life being on the line and start to be more professional with all the members of this team. Looking forward he continued to move them down the street…...



Posted on 2019-07-15 at 22:59:27.
Edited on 2019-07-15 at 23:00:21 by TannTalas

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2300 Posts


A blossom by any other name

Fixer moved quickly down the stairs watching the tension between Echo and Casino.  Crap.  A lovers quarrel right in the middle of the whole gig.  Did those two have any idea how much was riding on this thing?  Getting in people's faces was not his normal modus, but if this crap continued it just might be.  

As they approached the car, he heard Casino semi-apologize and breathed a small sigh of relief.  Maybe the big man had a brain after all.  But yelling at Charlie, what the hell would that accomplish?  Yeah, his plan worked like crap, but given bad intel who could have done bette?.  They all thought the woman was in there.  He had damn well better improve his groove, but what did yelling at him do?  Next thing that lunk would start blaming him because somebody else could listen in on a walkie.  They needed to stick together and move quickly.  

"We go to that address and confront Rya."  

Well, someone had a plan.  

"Yeah, we do that.  Get moving."  Fixer agreed and to prove his point moved to the car. But then he had to deal with Blossom's little game of enie, meanie . . . 

What, the hell?  The last thing they needed was another love affair blowing up in their faces.  

Fixer opened the door of the vehicle and patted his lap.  "I've been called Moe before.  Bring that sucker oveer here and have a seat."  She was a nice little thing, but at this point he was far more concerned about keeping his head in its current location then thinking with that other head.  At least if she was on his lap he didn't think anybody else could be starting up anything.  As soon as she sat down (assumption) and the car began to move he shifted the conversation quickly to the task at hand - let there be no confusion.  "Did you find anything while we were in the building chasing our tails?"



Posted on 2019-07-16 at 21:30:16.
Edited on 2019-07-16 at 22:34:59 by Nomad D2

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.