The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4025 registered users. Our newest member is JessieErickson.
Online members: CameToPlay
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - HC: Aftermath QA (posted by Eol Fefalas)HC: Aftermath QA
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Fantasy RPGs - Hidden Corruption: Aftermath (posted by Reralae)HC: Aftermath
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Cyberpunk --> Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
Parent thread: Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
GM for this game: Bromern Sal
Players for this game: TannTalas, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Mischief, Giddy, Espatier
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Espatier
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 4/0
140 Posts


The eyes have it... they are everywhere

X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5, 13th Street | Night City Integrate | Undercity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 9:21 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

 

“Charlie, you and Blossom are up, we’re going to need transport in 5mins”

The call came over the radio.. 

“What's going on.... Anything that we need to be worried about yet?” Charlie asks the asisan decker. “ Watchers... “ 

Charlies fretted for a bit in his head.... Was it saint Nick and his group, was it heavy handed spring heel Jack flex his muscles?... too many variables.... 

Charlie sends a note to starlight --- 

“Got the package....will let you know when it’s in my hot little hands. Not much action ...yet, but we have an extra set of eyes watching for now. 

Chariles wasn’t sure how many that would be able to fit in the air raft but the kid was going to be one for sure. 

Charlie lifted the beast... and made a lazy u turn to the entrance of the alley to collect all that he could... the rest will have to take their chances. As long as the airraft was pointing away from the two schecky ones on the corner the better..... 

Chariole looked for a random point on the auto nav for now.... His eyes looking for big vehicles that might attempt to block their path, but what could possible go wrong?...

** Everything could still go wrong mused the fixer to himself

“ Let's grab the kid and get out of here. Buckle up kido:” Charile used his infectious smile to blossom as the vehicle began to move and throw water everywhere, as various disgruntled persons in the crowd walking on the debris littered sidewalks waved various rude and off color gestures to the driver as he smiled to himself. 

. The airraft went west then attempted to turn northbound to the 12th Alley. Charile attempt to double park and use his flashers between Greek Dan’s Gyros and Lite Design Services. 

“ I’m double parked..... Hurry before I gather more attention. unlimited space, first come first loaded.... Thank you for riding with Mr. Charile... best of luck travellers” Charile used the radio to broadcast his message. 

Luther Washington - Fixer:To be Aware: 20

Charlie watches his surroundings so that the vehicle will hopefully not cut off

**Luther will only ask for the dropoff info after the kid is on board.

 



Posted on 2020-01-20 at 04:06:39.
Edited on 2020-01-22 at 14:18:06 by Espatier

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 52/18
2248 Posts




  Ghalan heard the package had been retrieved.  One last look showed the homeless pair was not making any threatening moves.  The Cree turned to the auto sales bot, "Well I am leaving.  Nothing really caught my eye."  Moving casually, Ghalan made hsi way to the meeting spot to regroup with the others.



Posted on 2020-01-22 at 18:25:06.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 154/11
4176 Posts




X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5, Frontline Apparel | Night City Integrate | Undercity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 9:30 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

GHLAHN

~“Got the kid, second tent, Mendez is here. Fixer, Echo on me, Bloodbank continue cover watch. Ghlahn if this other team is here, they'll make a move within minutes of us moving with him. Stay on your feet, watch your six and ours."~

Casino’s voice in his pocket is a welcome report. Eyeballing the two figures across the way, the red-headed cyborg assesses the situation. Still no movement. Still nothing to indicate any interest whatsoever in their operation. Fanning his gaze out to the rest of the street, he narrows his eyes. Nothing. Nada. No unusual activity. Was this second team even on their heels or were they so far behind the game that they hadn’t even discovered where the object of their mission was?

Ghlahn, hearing the package has been retrieved, takes one last look towards the homeless pair. Seeing that they are not making any threatening moves, the CEE-metal turns to the AI sales hologram and states, "Well, I am leaving. Nothing really caught my eye." 

Moving casually, Ghlahn makes his way out of the shop and begins to cross the street just as the airjeep rounds the corner.

(OOC: March 9th, Day 3 - Sunday, Time is 09:35 AM PST)

------------

X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5, 12th Alley | Night City Integrate | Undercity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 9:30 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

CASINO, FIXER, ECHO, and BLOODBANK

Standing outside of the tent, Fixer visually scans the end of the alleyway, his audio splice working overtime. 

~ “Jace!” ~

~ “Don’t!” ~

~ “Get up and move over to me. We are leaving here and taking you home to your parents.” ~

~ “They aren’t his parents… I’m his mother.” ~

~ “Got the kid, second tent, Mendez is here. Fixer, Echo on me, Bloodbank continue cover watch. Ghlahn if this other team is here, they'll make a move within minutes of us moving with him. Stay on your feet, watch your six and ours." ~

~ “Please, don’t take my son.” ~

"I think Bloodbank wants us to join Casino,” Echo says as she slips up on Fixer outside the tent. Fixer is tempted to glance back at the tent they have just left but doesn’t bother. Echo knows her business. At least, he has to assume she does, and Bloodbank might have some intel?

“Casino has the kid,” he relays. “Rya claims she is his mom. That isn’t our issue, and Casino won’t care. But a mom will fight like hell. Likely, we need to take both.” 

He glances at the other edgerunner to gauge her reaction. The mom comment has been a surprise, but when he thinks about it, not really that surprising. Something is odd about this mess. But right now, they just need to get the package and get the hell out of this alley. If they don’t, that other team will be up their backsides before you could say “Mother’s Day.” Every second that passes drops Vegas’ chances as well, and he knows Casino has that mental clock ticking away. He feels bad for the kid in a way, but whatever game he is playing is going to get more people killed. It already had, and on this, he sides with Casino—he doesn’t want Vegas’ name added to that list if possible. That trumps Jace. Well, it trumps Jace’s sob story. Getting the kid the X#&*! out of Dodge comes first.

Listening carefully to his audio splice—trying to pick up anything from behind them in the tent they have recently vacated, he and Echo begin their advance on Casino’s position. The last thing they need is for some feisty grandparents to suddenly try coming to the rescue. Hearing their whispered argument (which contains nothing he is alarmed about) and getting no negative feedback from Echo he simply says, “Let’s go.”

Approaching the other shack, he speaks up. “Casino, it’s backup.” 

Entering the tent before the pretty little nomad, he proceeds through the cluttered entrance and rounds the corner. Seeing Rya wrapped around the kid she claims to be hers, he glances at Casino. “Let’s take them both. Easier than one.”

“Look,” Casino attempts reason, “you got two choices Mendez. Stay here and try getting him out again at another time, or come with us. We were hired to bring him back—alive—but nothing was said about you. 

“I have a friend in deep s***, his life on the line, so I won’t have any problem tying you up and just leaving you behind. On top of all that, there’s a second team out to get Jace back and they might not be as nice as us. So,” the big solo switches tactics, “Jace, think fast. It’s up to you. Come with us peacefully, or I zip tie you and do this the hard way. Your call, kid.”

“Your kid or not,” Fixer adds, “you have put a lot of lives in danger. As the big guy said, we have a pal in danger and that means we move now. Sob stories wait until we are out of here.” The comment about Vegas was as much for Casino as anyone. He wants the big guy to know that he hasn’t forgotten that the plan is to get to Vegas as quickly as possible. But if by some small chance Mendez’s story is true and they really are the ‘good guys’ in this story, then them knowing lives are at risk might push them in the right direction. He can hear the clock ticking. Damn, we needed to move.

Waiting for Rya and Jace to make their decision and Casino to organize the move, he uses his audio feed to listen as carefully as he can to any action outside.

Echo frowns behind her balaclava, the only indication of which may be visible is the crease between her eyebrows. A mother protecting her child—if Rya is to be believed—touches a little close to home. She could be lying… but look at Jace. That kid is as wrapped up in her as she is in him. She’s genuinely concerned and he’s spreading himself out to put himself between the guns and Mendez. No… I’m willing to bet that Rya is Jace’s mother. Elizabeth has a good grasp on corporate ethos. Her father was involved in a lot that made her skin crawl. That’s why she went to live with her mother’s people. Things are usually more morally simply on the Road.

Darting her narrow gaze to the back of Casino’s combat mask, she quickly looks back out the shack’s entrance where she has her submachine gun leveled. Why am I so drawn to him? Vegas is interesting and she doesn’t really want anything bad to happen to him but she also doesn’t know either of these men well. Yes, it isn’t uncommon for edgers to be flung into a team situation that requires them to trust each other with their lives, but in this case she had felt something deeper for Casino almost immediately. An animal attraction has caused her to behave less cautiously than she’d learned from the Tribe. If we don’t deliver Jace, we’re going to be hunted and killed. If we do deliver Jace, Rya is most likely going to be killed. If we survive this run, then what? I’ve already promised Casino I’d help him rescue Vegas, but what are we rescuing him from? A sec-team for a megacorp? At this rate, I’m never going to be able to prove my innocence and regain my position within the Tribe. I’ll be too dead.

“Please,” Rya tries again. “I came here ten years ago as a nurse. I worked at Night City General. I got caught up in a genetic test with one of the docs that I worked with. I needed the money, so I agreed to be tested. I was in a bad place. I have family in Mexico City and the wars… The doctor told me there was a corp woman who wanted a child but couldn’t have one. She said that I’d get a nice apartment and money. I could bring my family here.”

“I don’t care,” Casino growls. “We’re taking the kid, so you two need to make up your minds.”

“No!” Mendez cries. “Listen! I regretted the decision and spent years trying to find him. I lost everything in the process—the apartment, my job, everything. When I finally found Jace, I took a job with Upstairs/Downstairs so I could be close to him. But he was so unhappy. He was going to an expensive school, had all of the nice things he could want, but he didn’t have the love of a mother. I told him who I was and asked him if he wanted to come with me.”

“It’s true,” Jace blurts out, still standing with his arms spread wide in front of Rya to make it more difficult to shoot her and not hit him. “I’m not kidnapped.”

“Please,” Rya persists. “Let me be his mother. Let me take him away from here. Let me make him happy.”

“Ghlahn,” Casino calls across the radio, “we’re bringing the kid out now. Any second team movement or anything catching your eye as bad news?”

Waiting for the sniper’s answer, he shakes his head. “I don’t care. Time’s up.”

“Wait!” Rya squeezes Jace closer to her. “I’ll come with.”

Bending over a little, the tall Hispanic woman attempts one last gambit, “But if you let us go, I’ll give you the corp woman’s name and address. You could likely get a lot more money from her by applying a little pressure—”

“Enough!” Echo charges. “Enough already. You want to be near your boy, fine. You’re coming with us then. Don’t make me regret that kindness.” Did I really just say that?

Rya stares past the two men as though seeing Echo for the first time. Tears stream down her cheeks as she straightens and places both hands on Jace’s shoulders. “All right. We’ll go with you. Dios nos mantenga a salvo.

Motioning the pair to move past him, Casino holds out a hand to pause their progress. “Search them,” he orders.

While the solo keeps them in his weapon’s sights, the Techie complies with the order. A thorough, yet polite, patt down proves to him that they have nothing to be concerned with. Giving the solo a nod, Fixer indicates that they are cleared. 

With Echo leading the way, Fixer and Casino move the group to Bloodbank’s side. Casino indicates for the man to join Echo in leading the way. Not taking chances on a safe extraction, the big solo loads an H.E. grenade into the MPK’s launcher. If they have to fight their way out with the prize in hand, it will not be without a big bang.

“Charlie,” Casino queues the radio again, “you and Blossom are up. We’re going to need transport in five minutes.”

“Five minutes?” Bloodbank glances over his shoulder, the cracked skull combat mask facing the solo. “It’ll only take us a couple of minutes to get out of this alley.”

“Caution is our best bet right now,” Echo answers. “Don’t wanna rush into an ambush.”

On full alert, all human and cyber systems on, the group makes their way past the shacks. Echo, Bloodbank, and Fixer all catch small glimpses of people looking out of the ramshackle abodes as they pass. Casino is intent on the package. Rya and Jace are in the midst of the group, not making a sound, pressed closely together.

Looking ahead, the team spots the AirJeep passing by the mouth of the alley heading south. With their weapons lowered so as not to cause alarms, Cred Stick Charlie’s voice comes across the radio, ~  “I’m double parked. Hurry, before I gather more attention. Unlimited space, first come first loaded. Thank you for riding with Mr. Charlie. Best of luck, travellers.” ~

(OOC: March 9th, Day 3 - Sunday, Time is 09:35 AM PST)

------------

X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5, 13th Street | Night City Integrate | Undercity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 9:21 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

CHARLIE

Casino squelches the mic. ~ “Got the kid, second tent, Mendez here also, Fixer, Echo on me, Bloodbank continue cover watch. Ghlahn if this other team is here they'll make a move within minutes of us moving with him, stay on your feet, watch your six and ours." ~ 

Charlie messages Blossom with the update and then flares the AirJeep’s engine. The blowing fan begins to whir to life yet again and the fixer snatches up the radio, “Copy, clear. Over," Charile signals.

~ “Charlie, you and Blossom are up. We’re going to need transport in five minutes.” ~ Casino’s call comes over the radio. 

“What's going on? Anything that we need to be worried about yet?” Charlie asks the Asian decker while at the same time, sending the message over the link she set up. “Watchers…?”

Charlie frets for a bit in his head... Is it Saint Nick and his group? Is it heavy-handed Spring-Heeled Jack flexing his muscles? Too many variables... 

~ The Watchers aren’t doing anything. They haven’t taken any bait I’ve thrown their way either. ~ Blossom reports.

Deciding that he needs to focus, Charlie sends a report to Starlight. ~ Got the package. Will let you know when it’s in my hot little hands. Not much action… yet, but we have an extra set of eyes watching for now. ~ 

He isn’t sure how many would be able to fit in the air raft but the kid is going to be one for sure. Charlie lifts the beast, activating the fans, and makes a lazy u-turn. He’s going to come into the entrance of the alley to collect all that he could from the other direction. It’s a last-second decision. Pulling in so that the air raft is pointing away from the two schecky ones on the corner is the better plan. The big question is where to go until Starlight delivers the drop coordinates. 

Charlie looks for a random point on the Air Jeep’s nav for now. His eyes search for signs of any big vehicles that might attempt to block their path during their get-away. But what could possibly go wrong? He muses sarcastically. Everything could still go wrong, the fixer answers himself.

“Let's grab the kid and get out of here. Buckle up, kiddo,” Charlie uses his infectious smile and looks over at Blossom’s still form as the vehicle responds to his commands, throwing groundwater everywhere. As various disgruntled persons in the crowd walking on the debris-littered sidewalks wave rude and off-color gestures to the driver, he continues to smile to himself. 

He takes the vehicle East, then turns onto 13th Street and heads North. Casino had said five minutes, so he’s got the time. Turning left onto 18th Street, he looks ahead towards the corner where the two out of place individuals are planted. Rounding that corner, he catches sight of them out of the corner of his eye and proceeds South on 12th Street towards the alley. Traffic is about the same, allowing Charlie to double park, facing oncoming traffic, and use his flashers between Greek Dan’s Gyros and Lite Design Services. 

Snatching up the rudimentary radio that Fixer had crafted for the team, he declares, “I’m double-parked. Hurry, before I gather more attention. Unlimited space, first come, first loaded. Thank you for riding with Mr. Charlie. Best of luck, travelers.” 

---------------------------------

BLOSSOM

Quickly relaying the message to those with optic splices, Blossom focuses more intently on the icons. Let’s see if this kicks up your skirts. Typing up a simple fake message reading, “Package on the move. Regroup at airport,” she shoots it to a temp message server.

Nothing, huh? Frowning, Blossom eyes the potential threat. What’s your purpose, my pretties?

Blossom’s avatar frowns, mimicking her consternation. “I guess they aren’t here to play, huh puppy.” The Watchdog program continues its watchful pose. “One of these days, I’m going to have to give you a personality.” Continuing her digital scans, Blossom occasionally glances towards the creepy icons. 

~ “What's going on? Anything that we need to be worried about yet?” ~ Charlie’s message pops up as a bubble in front of her face. ~ “Watchers…?” ~

Turning another critical glare at her fans, the pretty Asian sighs and responds, “Nope. Nada.”

(OOC: March 9th, Day 3 - Sunday, Time is 09:35 AM PST - 12th Street)

--------------------------------

X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5, 12th Street, at the mouth of 12th Alley | Night City Integrate | Undercity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 9:35 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

EVERYONE

Stepping outside of the shop, Ghlahn spots two individuals to the north of him, hanging out against the west side of a moving van. He couldn’t see them before from his vantage within the shop. They appear to be locked in conversation and their posture doesn’t set off any warning bells inside the Capore Metal sniper’s head. So, he continues into the street, his objective the EEC Airjeep that Charlie has just settled on the wrong side of the road. Scanning the rest of the street, M'harú Ghlahn feels at ease. Maybe their luck has turned and that second team Cred Stick Charlie had warned them about is too far behind on the trail to be of immediate concern.

Setting the Airjeep to hover, Charlie surveys their surroundings, glancing in the sideview mirrors and eyeballing the street riffraff. Most pass under his critical gaze without so much as a second look but then he settles on the entrance to the building between Greek Dan’s and the recording studio. Two men, almost identical in appearance (ugly doesn’t begin to describe them), wearing dark green jumpsuits and boots with a bulkiness that almost puts them in the same category as a Whaleboy are looking just a little too tense and observant. They both have light submachine guns slung so they are hanging at about waist level and a holstered heavy pistol.

Coming up to the mouth of the alley, Bloodbank glances to his right. Almost immediately, he notes the approach of a big fellow with a shining chrome dome and a heavily-scarred face who seems to be staring right at them. The man smiles revealing sharp, wolf-like teeth. Wolvers, the medtech acknowledges, eyes narrowing.

To his left, Echo visually sweeps the street starting at her left. Spotting one of the jumpsuit wearing fellows by the door a little over twenty-two meters away, she meets his eyes. He stares. She stares back. Echo is used to people checking her out. She’s got a good body and knows she’s attractive, but this fellow feels different.

“Got a possible bogie south of us,” she reports in a low voice that she hopes carries back to the others.

“And one to the north,” Bloodbank adds just before the fellow with the wolvers calls out.

“Hey! Skelator,” Wolvers grins broadly. “You just as pretty underneath that mask?”

“No weapons,” Echo surmises, taking in the approaching ganger with a quick mental inventory. “Ignore him.”

“I wasn’t planning on inviting him to dinner,” the medtech replies dryly.

“Yo! I’m talking at you,” Wolvers snarls changing his pace to quickly close the gap between him and Bloodbank, the last step turning into a leap, fangs bared.

(OOC: March 9th, Day 3 - Sunday, Time is 09:35 AM PST - 12th Street at the mouth of the alley)



Posted on 2020-01-24 at 18:12:30.

Espatier
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 4/0
140 Posts


Combat

  • Primary Offense
    • Souken-Hitachi Scrambler Pistol
  • Secondary Offense (if the primary doesn't work or you are somehow disarmed, etc.)
    • Left hand, Right hand, right forearm in any order, starting after right forearm.
  • Primary Defense
    • Left hand, Right hand, right forearm in any order, starting after right forearm.
  • Secondary Defense
    • same as above
  • Retreat Mode
    • stay till everyone is aboard, then attempt to depart.
  • If your character notices an ally injured and in need.
    • place the vehicle in light of fire, order a solo to retrieve ally's body, then go into retreat mode and figure out how mauch the damage is to the EEC Airraft.

 

-------------------------------------

The EEC Airraft that Mr. charile sat behind was bearing an uncanny resemblance to Germany's old Kubelwagen. It would have been nice if this thing had more armor like his clothing or a non empty pintal mount that was compeletely useless. Charile's thoughts were at first... if I see one, many their are move in the area. 

Luther can't really do much as he isn't made for combat like these solo types.... 

With his Nycube port being use and pulled into the EEC, Creditstick charile makes his move to his right hip to aquire the scrambler pistol. Most of the others in the group use slug throwers but old Mr.charile would rather not harm anybody and be on his way. 

Gripping the gun handle and wishing that he invested in a smart weapon as he pulled the weapon out of it's holster as the other surely have started to clear out the streets with a good old fashion firefight on a friday. 

Mr. Charile simple waited and expect the solos to place this guy down, but just in case... Charile might have to use his weapon to short out any unfair advantagies that the enemy might be using, it wasn't uncommonfor solos to be cybered up in this day and age. Hopefully these guys were the killers they look to be. Mr Charile would soon find out how these solos were going to earn thier keep. 

** Come on and just get the kid and eveyone else in this damn jeep and we can shoot our way out of here before things get too out of hand ** Mr. Charile though to himself as the events began to unfold. 

Lots of questions were floating around in his head..... were they the watchers that Blossom warned him about?. Are they part of another team?. Were they paid to slow us down and another group would come and attack us as we are enguaged with these guys?. Is wrestling still "fixed" in this cyber age... Mr.Charlie didn't have any of these answers but time will reveal and tell all for these street heros that run the edge.... yes, time will tell. 

 

 

 

 

 



Posted on 2020-01-25 at 04:25:42.
Edited on 2020-01-25 at 04:26:07 by Espatier

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 48/5
2418 Posts


Momma always said to not get involved in this kinda #@%$!

Fxer had his head on a swivel as the group started to move out of the alley.  Since he was at the back he made sure that he kept his eyes more towards the rear then anywhere.  He kept his audio feed going - he was a bit worried that he might end overwhelmed with sound, but he didn't want to miss a mouse if it was moving.  They had the kid, why the hell did they have to send another team.  They had done the job they were asked to do.  Cripes, sometimes the world just didn't make sense.  But that was the world he had to live in so he kept his eyes and ears pealed as they moved toward the front of the alley and the waiting vehicle.  

When they approached the alley front he was relieved to see that the car was there.  But then some idiot at the front of the alley started making a problem for Echo and Bloodbank.Crap.  He knew it.  Everyone in the group knew it.  The odds of that being random were way to small.  Fixer had already started turning towards the back of the alley looking for the rear attack when the wolver launched itslef at Bloodbank.  He caught just enough of a glimpse of flashing teeth to know that it was game on.  Crap!  But Fixer didn't let his annoyance slow his reactions.  He knew two things.  1.  He needed to make sure nobody was hitting them in the rear end.  2.  This was Casino's gig.  He'd follow the big guys leaad and hope it meant all of htem and their prize getting out of here alive.  

With that in mind he made sure the heavy pistol on his combat gauntlet was armed and kept his eyes to the rear.  Nothing in that alley was going to move without him knowing it.  And if it acted at all aggressive he wouldn't hesitate to put it down.  

(Fixer turns around and faces the alley.  He will back towards the waiting car - as directed by Casino.  Essentially he is going to play good soldier and obey orders.  If there is a legitimate group attack from his side of things he will make use of the grenade launcher in his combat launcher, but does not want to do so in the alley unless he must.  He will most certainly move to aid anyone in the group that is injured - and that would include Rya and Jace.)



Posted on 2020-01-29 at 20:42:00.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 52/18
2248 Posts


.

   Ghalan made his way out of the store and was surprised to see the airjeep rounding the corner.  Perhaps things were finally going well.  It took about as long as it took to think that before things turned to s***.  A wolver rushed Bloodbank and he noticed a few homeless who looked a bit out of place.  His trusty rifle would be no use in a close fight.  Pulling both pistols, the Cree scanned for anyone looking to join the fight.  

 

Primary offense:  Pistols

Secondary offense: Knife

Defense is same as offense.

He will move to the air jeep cautiously.



Posted on 2020-01-30 at 17:53:14.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 154/11
4176 Posts


As promised...

X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5, 12th Street, at the mouth of 12th Alley | Night City Integrate | Undercity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 9:35 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

Phase 1

To his left, Echo visually sweeps the street starting at her left. Spotting one of the jumpsuit wearing fellows by the door a little over twenty-two meters away, she meets his eyes. He stares. She stares back. Echo is used to people checking her out. She’s got a good body and knows she’s attractive, but this fellow feels different.

“Got a possible bogie south of us,” she reports in a low voice that she hopes carries back to the others.

“And one to the north,” Bloodbank adds just before the fellow with the wolvers calls out.

“Hey! Skelator,” Wolvers grins broadly. “You just as pretty underneath that mask?”

“No weapons,” Echo surmises, taking in the approaching ganger with a quick mental inventory. “Ignore him.”

“I wasn’t planning on inviting him to dinner,” the medtech replies dryly.

“Yo! I’m talking at you,” Wolvers snarls changing his pace to quickly close the gap between him and Bloodbank, the last step turning into a leap, fangs bared.

In the time it takes for Echo to change her focus from the ganger to the South and observe Wolvers, two shots crack the damp Sunday morning air and a nanosecond after the first, Echo is struck by a fierce impact in the neck accompanied by another heavy blow to her left bicep. The force of these blows staggers her into Bloodbank and pain threatens to blind her but for the symbiotic nanotech coursing through her system.

With the pain instantly being swallowed up by her NuCybe, Echo responds to the threat leveling her precious submachine gun across her body and firing a three round burst at the man who had attacked her. Hot lead pelts the jumpsuit wearing gorilla and he staggers back a step from the barrage.

Seeing the potential danger, Ghlahn has already unholstered his trusty Colt but as he raises it to level a shot off at the ganger, he’s struck from behind and to the left by two more shots. Immediately realizing that the two individuals who were hanging out by the van are the likely culprits (his cyborg body absorbing the rounds without him doing more than a slight jolt with each impact), the CEE-Metal soldier receives his internal damage report. Strikes to the lower back and left read thigh. No penetration. Undamaged.

Within the Ether, Blossom attempts another tactic. She simply approaches the watching icons, her schoolgirl avatar bubbling across the void to arrive directly in front of the arachnid and scorpion. Activating the greeting function, her avatar waves, giggles, and clasps her hands in front of her, swiveling her torso about and causing her vibrant hair to flow magically around her.

“Hello!” she declares in her avatar’s sweet, high voice. “Are you OK? You’re kinda creeping on me.”

As Ghlahn turns towards his attackers, two more shots echo down the street and he’s impacted twice more, this time in his collarbone and throat. Once more, he barely flinches as his system immediately reports, strikes to the left clavicle and throat. No penetration. Undamaged.

“Back into the alley!” Casino orders. Reaching out and snatching Jase with his left hand from where the 10-year old is cowering, he hauls the boy back out of the line of fire. He has no target in sight. Wolvers is blocked by Bloodbank and though he can hear the shot being fired, and see Echo’s barrage, he can’t see who is firing. His best option is to withdraw and get Charlie to bring that aerodyne into the alley to pick them all up.

In answer to Blossom’s greeting, the spider quickly weaves a program with its front legs and spinnerets. Within a mere blink of an eye, a silvery samurai warrior is woven with glowing red eyes. Well, s**t, the netrunner curses, recognizing the program as a Killer.

Screaming out Jase’s name, Rya spins about, grabbing for the boy she claims is her son and though she’s able to grab his outstretched arms as he is hauled backward by the big solo, she isn’t nearly strong enough to impede Casino’s move and is, instead, dragged along with them.

At first, concerned about the potential for an attack from the rear when Wolvers leaps at Bloodbank, Fixer has turned almost completely around when gunfire erupts. Attempting to resist the urge to duck and turn towards the sounds of combat, the Techie finds himself unable to completely do so. Crouching, he moves back as quickly as he can and positions himself between Jase and the mouth of the alley. The whole while, his heart rate impressively elevated, he scans the alleyway with wide eyes.

Already in mid-leap when the guns start firing, Toser Harris’ attempt to bite Bloodbank is foiled by the surprise that the weapons fire produces in him. Instead of latching his wolvers onto the man in front of him, Toser impacts his body.

Meanwhile, back in cyberspace, the scorpion raises its tail and a black bolt of energy flashes towards the schoolgirl avatar. Blossom was clued into the attacks by the appearance of the Killer and with a high-pitched, “hee-yah!” she ducks and spins away from the negative energy.

Ready for Wolvers’ attack, Bloodbank was not expecting gunfire or Echo to run into him. Adrenaline pumping through his body, the medtech does manage to brace himself against Echo, helping her to retain her footing and twist his torso enough to roll his attacker off of him without disturbing his stance.

Struggling in Casino’s grip, Jace screams out, “Help! Help! I’m being kidnapped!” Despite his squirming around, the solo is able to maintain his grip on the boy’s left bicep.

The ganger who has fired on Echo isn’t alone. Another peels away from the wall and entrance to the building, leveling two shots from a heavy handgun at the Rolling State beauty. Both rounds strike her in upper left leg but already supported in part by the medtech’s body, she’s able to take the blows feeling minimal pain as her adaptive nanites take the brunt.

Leveling his Colt at the fellow ducking down by the hood of the van, Ghlahn’s HUD reticle focuses over the exposed chest. His weapon jerks, the retort is cavenous and the man is rolled off his feet and onto his back, greenish yellow fire bursting out of his chest, igniting his clothing.

With chaos taking over his world, Cred Stick Charlie shifts in his seat, attempting to take in every angle and see who’s firing on whom and from where. Realizing that he’s accidentally placed the group in a position where they have an open stretch with no cover between the alley and the AirJeep, the fixer fires up the fans.

Phase 2

Buster Guns winces from the pain in his leg and hobbles quickly to the parked car a meter away, dropping to use the vehicle as partial cover and support, he sinks to his buttocks. “Oh, hell no! I didn’t sign up for this.”

Surging from her rest against Bloodbank, and seeing her first attacker duck out of sight, Echo levels her submachine gun on the second but hesitates to fire with the crowd of people scrambling to get out of the way behind her target. Snarling into her balaclava, she darts to the mouth of the alley and plants herself against the corner, providing partial cover. Now, with her back to the building, she spots the other shooter that Ghlahn is dealing with across the street. No one behind that a******, she thinks as she brings her weapon to bear and pops off another three round burst.

Major Mamba isn’t even aware that he’s under the nomad’s sights. Armor piercing rounds chew through his left knee, splinter his left femur, and tear out his intestines. Falling forward and to the left, his face hits the asphalt just as the life leaves his body.

Cursing under his breath as the two hired guns across the street succumb to their wounds and another down the street from him hides, Doc Anteres breathes in deep and pushes away from the wall. Ducking so as to make a play at a civilian running for cover, the solo dashes towards the mouth of the alley and takes his shot just as he reaches the corner. He’s received the first team’s dossier and suspects the one called Casino is the head of the snake. As soon as the blonde solo comes into view, the bolt is released from the old cyberarm. Seeing the one called Fixer and the package, Jase, between him and his intended target, Doc adjusts and fires at Echo, growling his displeasure. This was supposed to be a clean ambush!

Doc’s rush attracts the attention of the dangerous Rolling State soldier, who jerks her torso to the right and rolls her left shoulder forward. The deadly crossbow bolt strikes her leathers cutting through the outermost layer but skipping off the armor and bounding sideways off the wall.

“Attack!” Blossom’s avatar screams and points dramatically at the spider. The Hellhound at her side surges forward only to be met by the Killer program, who deftly shoulders the mastiff backward.

“Get down, you little s***!” Casino growls and pushes Jase down onto the boy’s knees. “I’m trying to save your ^7$@#$^% life.” With Rya pulling on the kid’s other arm and the struggle to keep hold of the boy, the big solo needs a solution. Leveling his .44 at Rya’s face, he growls, “Knock it the %^&# off.”

Drawing herself up, eyes wide, Rya sinks down next to the child and wraps her arms about him, putting her body between him and the street.

The Killer strikes out at the Hellhound with its silver katana but the black mastiff leaps to the side causing the program to miss.

Shaking off the shellshock, Fixer clenches his jaw and fires off two shots at the individual with the black cyberarm that just shot—Was that a crossbow?—Echo. The first shot goes wide to the left between the foolish Wolvers and the techie’s intended target. The second, however, tears through the man’s thigh. Bone shattering, the solo screams in pain as he pitches face forward, extending his cyberarm to break his fall.

Recovering from his ill-fated attack on the skull-masked edgerunner just in time to see Doc get taken out, Toser makes a quick decision and bolts northward.

Tail arching backward again, the scorpion avatar launches another Hellbolt at Blossom, this one sizzling the cyber air over her right shoulder.

Ignoring the retreating Wolvers, Bloodbank resolves himself to combat. The man who had rushed the alley is injured but not down. Following Casino’s orders, the medtech rushes back into 12th Alley and on the way past the falling crossbowman, fires off a quick shot right to the back of the man’s neck, the .44 round neatly severing the spine and blowing out the throat.

Whatever Rya is whispering to Jase has the boy no longer squirming, much to Casino’s relief.

“Let’s get the hell outta here!” Pogo calls to Little Gonzo who is on his haunches behind the car. Following his own advice, the solo turns and hauls ass away from the fight.

With his two attackers dead, Ghlahn returns to his objective of getting in the now hovering AirJeep. That’s when he registers the fellow crouched behind the car and the other running away after yelling to beat it. Coldly, the Capore Metal sniper levels his Colt AMT at the one running away, the other appearing to be paralyzed with fear. It’s a clean kill, which it often is for Alex, thus his callsign of M'harú Ghlahn which actually means Clean Kill. The fleeing man’s head explodes against the wall of the building and his body tumbles and rolls to a floppy stop on the sidewalk.

Throwing his arm over the back of his seat, Cred Stick Charlie backs the Jeep up to the mouth of 12th Alley, jerking on the wheel, he quickly reverses right up to, and partially into the alley, placing the rear door in front of Echo. “Let’s go!” he calls out to the majority of his team, Ghlahn being the only one on the street still.

“Pogo!” Little Gonzo screams as his best friend’s brains are deposited on the building. Rage overpowers his fear and the solo levels his Nova 757 Cityhunter right at the man who had robbed him of his partner. “Die you mutha******!” Two rounds exit the massive barrel and slam into Ghlahn’s chest, jerking his torso to the left and then to the right.

Strikes to the left and right chest. No penetration. Undamaged.

Head on a swivel, Echo steps up to the door and swings it open, holding her weapon in her right hand, her left gripping the handle to the door. “Get Jase inside!” With Bloodbank’s kill, she has no apparent targets in sight.

“Get it, boy!” Blossom’s avatar commands the Hellhound forward again. This time it slips past the guard of the Killer and sinks its teeth into the face of the spider, digitized flames spewing from its mouth and eyes. To the netrunner’s satisfaction, the Killer program fizzles out. Didn’t quite kill ya, huh? She observes as the Hellhound releases the spider but it doesn’t derezz.

“Move!” Casino hauls Jase to his feet, forcefully untangling the boy from Rya, and drags him as much as assists him to the open AirJeep door. Shoving the package inside, he looks to Fixer and calls, “Take the other side.”

With sickly realistic movements, the spider avatar weaves a shimmering shield between itself and the Hellhound.

Rya follows hot on Casino’s heels and pushes herself inside right after Jase. 

Following orders, Fixer rushes up to the Jeep on the other side and swings the door open, “Jase, sit on your mother’s lap.”

Suddenly, the scorpion avatar vanishes. “That’s right! Run b****!” Blossom’s avatar squeals.

Grabbing the handle of the passenger door, Bloodbank urgently makes a request of Blossom, “Hey! Hop out so I can get in. You can sit on my lap.” Unfortunately, the netrunner is Interfacing and can’t hear a word that he says, but Charlie can.

“She’s jacked in,” the fixer informs the medtech. “Push her to the side and pull her onto your lap. Hurry!”

“G****** small ride, Charlie,” Casino growls from the back seat door.

Jase is crying, sitting on Rya’s lap, his face buried in her shoulder as she strokes his hair.

Seeing the AirJeep move to pick everyone else up, and having been shot twice more, Ghlahn levels off another shot at his attacker as he begins to sprint towards the vehicle. He doesn’t get visual confirmation of the kill, but he’s confident in his shot. He’s correct too. The last part of the partnership between Pogo and Little Gonzo is ended.

“We’re going to have to cram,” Luther calls into the back. Now’s not the time to be shy.”

Echo see’s no problem with cramming and motions for Casino to get in, following to plant herself on his lap. Bloodbank is struggling with Blossom’s limp body but making progress as Fixer settles in on the other side of Rya and Jase. Ghlahn assesses the situation inside and changes his trajectory to put him on the north side of the vehicle, squeezing in beside Fixer and forcing the others to twist and fold in order to fit everyone. 

“All in!” Bloodbank calls as he wraps his arms around the netrunner’s body and secures her to him.

Without another word, Cred Stick Charlie accelerates out of the alley and to the South, away from any possible additional interaction with people he’s already flagged as possible attackers. 

Leaving the bloody scene behind them, the Edgers can only speculate at how much of the second team is left to pursue them. Breathing in the faint scent of lavender through the filters of his mask, the medtech asks, “Anyone injured?”

A quick self check and it is apparent that they have all miraculously avoided further injury in this firefight. With the whole event has taken less than ten seconds, they are now safely (if uncomfortably) speeding towards what they hope is the successful end of this gig.

"Did we get 'im?" Blossom asks as she comes out of cyberspace. "Hey Go-Boy! Buy me dinner first!"

(OOC: March 9th, Day 3 - Sunday, Time is 09:35 AM PST - 12th Street at the mouth of the alley)



Posted on 2020-01-31 at 14:49:02.

Espatier
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 4/0
140 Posts


something doesn't smell right about all of this

X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5, 12th Street, at the mouth of 12th Alley | Night City Integrate | Undercity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 9:35 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

 

 

 

Grabbing the handle of the passenger door, Blood Bank urgently makes a request of Blossom, “Hey! Hop out so I can get in. You can sit on my lap.” Unfortunately, the netrunner is Interfacing and can’t hear a word that he says, but Charlie can.

“She’s jacked in,” the fixer informs the medtech. “Push her to the side and pulled her onto your lap. Hurry!”

“G****** small ride, Charlie,” Casino growls from the back seat door.

Jase is crying, sitting on Rya’s lap, his face buried in her shoulder as she strokes his hair.

Seeing the AirJeep move to pick everyone else up, and having been shot twice more, Ghlahn levels off another shot at his attacker as he begins to sprint towards the vehicle. He doesn’t get visual confirmation of the kill, but he’s confident in his shot. He’s correct too. The last part of the partnership between Pogo and Little Gonzo is ended.

“We’re going to have to cram,” Luther calls into the back. Now’s not the time to be shy.”

Echo sees no problem with cramming and motions for Casino to get in, following to plant herself on his lap. Blood Bank is struggling with Blossom’s limp body but making progress as Fixer settles in on the other side of Rya and Jase. Ghlahn assesses the situation inside and changes his trajectory to put him on the north side of the vehicle, squeezing in beside Fixer and forcing the others to twist and fold in order to fit everyone. 

“All in!” Blood Bank calls as he wraps his arms around the net runner's body and secures her to him.

Without another word, Cred Stick Charlie accelerates out of the alley and to the South, away from any possible additional interaction with people he’s already flagged as possible attackers. 

Leaving the bloody scene behind them, the Edgers can only speculate at how much of the second team is left to pursue them. Breathing in the faint scent of lavender through the filters of his mask, the medtech asks, “Anyone injured?”

A quick self check and it is apparent that they have all miraculously avoided further injury in this firefight. With the whole event has taken less than ten seconds, they are now safely (if uncomfortably) speeding towards what they hope is the successful end of this gig.

"Did we get 'im?" Blossom asks as she comes out of cyberspace. "Hey Go-Boy! Buy me dinner first!"

Charlie chuckles as the net runner comes out of netspace to find blood manhandling her. 

Charlie will attempt to gain access to route 16 or north oar / west brook via the del coronado bridge. Charlie will attempt to take precautions to see if he notices or feels followed. Make u turns in needed. 

--------------

“ Everyone keep your chrome eyes scanning for additional threat, just in case we haven’t shaken these dogs off”. 

Charlie explains as he drives with his cyber gear. 

“ I hope that this is the only surprise that we run into... “

==========

***Yeah its just a job... but something is still bitting at Luther... this woman... why, why is she protecting him, she appears not to be the biological mother. Why is this kid so important to others... and at a decent amount of credits.  *** Luther ponders to himself....

Luther will ask in english to Rya if her first language is english, if not. Luther will download to a chip, spanish language ( assumption by the sur name).

** not sure if this will cost or if Luther can find a decent free voice text translator** 

When Mr. Charile can... he will ask the woman called Rya in spanish 

“ Tu habla in espanol, solamente?” (Do you speak spanish only?)

"¿Por qué estás protegiendo a su hijo si no eres la madre, por qué es tan importante para ti u otros?"

(“Why are you protecting his boy if your not the mother, why is he so important to you or others?” )

Luther will attempt to try first interview with her in his approach , and use human perception.

"¿Cuál es tu historia y cómo te involucraste con el niño?"

“ What's your story and how did you get involved with the boy?” 

Luther Washington - Fixer attempts to perceive what's going on!
 
Luther Washington - Fixer:To Perceive12
 
Luther Washington - Fixer attempts to use Interview!
 
Luther Washington - Fixer:Interview18

------

OOC - if this will be quick wrap then Charlie we offer to take everyone to his honeycomb hide away and offer a light brunch vs. that kibble and bits that everyone can only afford.  

 

 

 

 

 





Posted on 2020-02-01 at 04:35:21.

Mischief
Regular Visitor
Karma: 7/1
68 Posts


Lots of questions

Echo was tired, her body quickly weening down from the fight, was in full blown adrenaline withdrawal. Though she did not mean to she found herself relaxing more into the big solo’s body then she really should have. Then again she could feel his body really for the first time, hard and well formed and the way he held her on his lap Echo somehow felt safe. WTF! Why am I so drawn to him? Though the thought lingered now was not the time to try to find an answer to it.

Looking over at Rya and Jace she could not help but feel a touch of empathy? A mother protecting her child, if Rya was telling the truth, was the basis for so many hero movies it could be quite possibly an easy lie. Is she lying, yet look at Jace the kid is as wrapped up in her as she is in him. No… I’m willing to bet that Rya is Jace’s mother. However waiting was not gonna get this group any answers.

“So Rya you say Jace is your son, so why are his “parents” paying first us, then a second group to get him back?

Waiting for an answer. ( I assume your next post Lance will clarify what she responds?)

“This true kid?”



Posted on 2020-02-05 at 16:49:47.
Edited on 2020-02-05 at 16:51:35 by Mischief

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 52/18
2248 Posts


Next

   Ghalan took stock of the situation.  The group had the package, he had taken no real damage and soon they would be paid.  As far as he was concerned the job had been a success.  He sensed several team members were concerned about somthing "not feeling right" but that was bit of a foreign concept for him.  Casino seemed intent to rush after Vegas without even waiting to get paid and no real plan developed.  Ghalan took the job for the credits, he was not leaving those on the table.  As for Vegas he was not really concerned if he was found or not.  But, there might be those who were and would be willing to pay for his safe return.  In that case he was all for finding him.  "I know you all have concerns about the why of the mission we completed and some of you are worried about Vegas.  We signed on to find the kid and deliverhim and that is what we should do.  What happens after that is none of my concern.  With Vegas missing, I am sure he has friends who might have some interest in finding him.  And I mean freinds other than Casino.  Why not get paid to do what you already plan to do big guy?  We need a solid plan before we run off chasing ghosts.  You have me along in large part to provide overwatch and keep you all safe so right now the best way I can keep you safe is to keep us focused and together."



Posted on 2020-02-05 at 19:56:42.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 178/118
6473 Posts


Oh you did not go there Keeper lol

Sitting in the airjeep as it roared away from the firefight Casino was in a state of surprise as just how, only minutes ago, things had played out. The fight itself had been brutal and fast, with the big solo gaining a new respect for Echo. This young 18 year old girl sitting nicely in his lap was no wanna be runner, she was dangerous. Casino had to admit possibly more dangerous then he himself with all the new tech on the market today and her own skills. The big solo was lucky that though he was full of “Old Tech” his old tech worked.

However his tech had been a mute point as he did not get a single shot off protecting Rya and the kid. Between Echo, Ghlahn, and to Casino’s surprise, Bloodbank with a shot to the back of an enemy skull, those three had ended all that. Now they were crammed in like a can of sardines heading to hopefully a short term safe house. Though he desperately wanted to get after Vegas as soon as they stopped. If not for the fact he did not trust Charlie as far as he could piss to turn the kid over safely, he’d take those of the current group that wanted to follow him and start hunting Vegas as soon as they stopped. The more time ticked away the more possibility Vegas would end up dead.

DAMN IT! I NEED TO FIND HIM!

Screamed in Casino’s head but the professional runner that he was had run enough missions to know you needed time to safely set up a meet and a hand off. That professinal was still there inside him, though fading fast.

Breathing deeply he tried to relax, though the feel of Echo on his lap making it hard to do in so in other ways. As he inadvertently drew the young but scarily deadly girl closer to him he heard her ask the question everyone crammed in the airjeep, except him, possibly wanted to know.

“So Rya you say Jace is your son, so why are his “parents” paying first us then a second group to get him back?

(Rya’s reply)

“This true kid?”

Before the kid could reply Ghlahn spoke up (I’m assuming this happens before Jace replies)

"I know you all have concerns about the why of the mission we completed and some of you are worried about Vegas.  We signed on to find the kid and deliver him and that is what we should do.  What happens after that is none of my concern.  With Vegas missing, I am sure he has friends who might have some interest in finding him.  And I mean friends other than Casino.  Why not get paid to do what you already plan to do big guy?  We need a solid plan before we run off chasing ghosts.  You have me along in large part to provide over-watch and keep you all safe so right now the best way I can keep you safe is to keep us focused and together."

Like a high caliber bullet hitting him in the chest, Casino went from trying to relax, to stone cold killer. The only thing saving Ghlahn from a huge fist to his face or a bullet was his position within the airjeep and Echo on his lap.

“Excuse me asshole? Did you just say I should try to get paid to go look for and help my best friend and partner”?

 OK I’m going to stop my post here to see how where this is going to go.  



Posted on 2020-02-06 at 21:23:41.
Edited on 2020-02-07 at 03:26:14 by TannTalas

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 154/11
4176 Posts




X00032:8.Y00001:12.Z00054:5, On the Mean Streets | Night City Integrate | Undercity | UrbanZone - March 9th, Day 3 (Sunday), 9:35 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15 mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

 

Without another word, Cred Stick Charlie accelerates out of the alley and to the South, away from any possible additional interaction with people he’s already flagged as possible attackers. 

Leaving the bloody scene behind them, the Edgers can only speculate at how much of the second team is left to pursue them. Breathing in the faint scent of lavender through the filters of his mask, the medtech asks, “Anyone injured?”

A quick self check and it is apparent that they have all miraculously avoided further injury in this firefight. With the whole event has taken less than ten seconds, they are now safely (if uncomfortably) speeding towards what they hope is the successful end of this gig.

"Did we get 'im?" Blossom asks as she comes out of cyberspace. "Hey, Go-Boy! Buy me dinner first!"

Bloodbank is immediately grateful for his battle mask as the blood rushes his cheeks. Already out of sort at having to cap that fellow in the alley so brutally, the medtech releases his grip on the netrunner and mumbles an apology. Charlie chuckles as the netrunner comes out of netspace to find blood manhandling her.

“Aw,” Blossom snuggles back into the edger and tips her head backward to whisper in his ear, “are we done so soon?”

“Uh,” Colin furrows his brow, “Did we ever get started?”

The war driver’s light laughter fills the air but she doesn’t move to separate herself from Bloodbank. Mentally queuing his agent, Charlie seeks access to route 16, or North Oar/West Brook via the Del Coronado Bridge. Within a second, the agent produces the quickest route to South Night City on Luther’s NuCybe splice’s HUD. Glancing in the cracked side-view mirror, he scans the rear traffic for signs of a tail.

“Everyone keep your chrome-eyes scanning for additional threats, just in case we haven’t shaken these dogs off,” Charlie orders as he merges the aerodyne onto a ramp leading up a level. “I hope that this is the only surprise that we run into…”

Echo is tired. Her body quickly weaning down from the fight, is in full-blown adrenaline withdrawal. Though she does not mean to, she finds herself relaxing more into the big solo’s body than she really should. Then again, she can feel his body really for the first time, hard and well-formed and the way he holds her on his lap... Echo somehow feels safe. WTF! Why am I so drawn to him? Though the thought lingers, now is not the time to try to find an answer.

Looking over at Rya and Jase, she can not help but feel a touch of empathy? A mother protecting her child—if Rya is telling the truth—is the basis for so many hero movies it could quite possibly be an easy lie. Is she lying, yet look at Jace the kid is as wrapped up in her as she is in him. No… I’m willing to bet that Rya is Jace’s mother. However, waiting is not gonna get this group any answers.

Yeah, it’s just a job... Something is still biting at Luther. This woman... why? Why is she protecting him? She appears not to be the biological mother. Why is this kid so important to others... and at a decent amount of credits? Luther ponders to himself, all the while paying close attention to traffic patterns. Resolving himself to the puzzle, the fixer gives the mental command to download the most common translation app with real-time functionality. Being cloud-based, the download is very quick.

Do you speak spanish only? Cred Stick Charlie mentally poses the question, his agent translating the question out loud, “¿Tú hablas español, solamente?” With all of the road noise, the imitation of Luther’s voice is barely audible.

For a moment, there’s silence and then Rya responds, “No, I speak English as well.”

“So, Rya,” Echo inserts herself into the conversation. “You say Jase is your son, so why are his ‘parents’ paying first us, then a second group to get him back?”

Again, mentally commanding his agent to say, Why are you protecting his boy if you are not the mother—why is he so important to you or others? which the agent translates in Spanish outloud to, “¿Por qué estás protegiendo a su hijo si no eres la madre, por qué es tan importante para ti u otros?” Pressing further, he asks in similar fashion, What’s your story and how did you get involved with the boy? The agent promptly continues in Spanish, “¿Cuál es tu historia y cómo te involucraste con el niño?”

“I am his mother,” Rya answers in English, her voice full of conviction. “I was young and new to the country. I grew up in Mexico City and came here looking for a better life. I worked as a nurse and sent money back to my family in Mexico but it wasn’t enough. I lived in the Undercity, barely surviving on Kibble and tainted water. There was no way I was going to get any of my family out of Mexico. That’s when I was approached by a doctor who told me he had a way for me to get out of my situation.

“All I had to do was have a baby for a Collargirl who couldn’t—or didn’t want to—have a baby of her own. In return, I’d be put up in a nice apartment in Upper City, receive a large pension, and… and my life would change forever.”

Sitting right next to her, Casino feels Rya’s hold on Jase tighten. “I was young and stupid. Desperate. I took the offer and everything was as they said it would be. I was artificially inseminated, put up in a really nice apartment, paid to relax—paid enough that I was able to start bringing my family here.

“After Jase was born, I couldn’t give him up. He was my baby, my son. But then lawyers showed up and they took him from me. I was evicted from the apartment, the money stopped… I was left with nothing.

“I searched for years, spending all of the money I earned on trying to find him. When I did find him, he was at the school. At first, I thought he was happy, after all, the Bartholomew School is a really nice private school. He must be happy. But I wanted to be close to him—get to know him.

“I took a job with Upstairs/Downstairs, Inc. so I could, and that’s when I started becoming aware of how unhappy he was. I couldn’t take it anymore and told him who I am. He immediately wanted me to take him with me, away from the Collargirl. So, we planned it out together. We were just getting ready to leave. I’ve saved enough to take the two of us to Bogata. Please! You have to let me do this.”

“This true kid?” Echo looks over at the ten-year-old. 

Jase turns his tear-streaked, dirty face towards the nomad woman and nods ever so slightly.

Ghlahn takes stock of the situation. The group has the package, he has taken no real damage and soon they would be paid. As far as he is concerned the job has been a success. He senses several team members are concerned about something "not feeling right" but that is a bit of a foreign concept for him. Casino seems intent to rush after Vegas without even waiting to get paid and with no real plan developed. Ghlahn takes the job for the credits, he is not leaving those on the table. As for Vegas, he is not really concerned if he is found or not. But, there might be those who are willing to pay for his safe return. In that case, he is all for finding Casino’s partner. 

"I know you all have concerns about the why of the mission we completed,” The Capore Metal soldier interjects coldly, “and some of you are worried about Vegas.

“We signed on to find the kid and deliver him, and that is what we should do. What happens after that is none of my concern. 

“With Vegas missing, I am sure he has friends who might have some interest in finding him. And I mean friends other than Casino. Why not get paid to do what you already plan to do, big guy?  We need a solid plan before we run off chasing ghosts. You have me along in large part to provide overwatch and keep you all safe so, right now, the best way I can keep you safe is to keep us focused and together."

Like a high caliber bullet hitting him in the chest, Casino goes from trying to relax to the stone-cold killer. The only thing saving Ghlahn from a huge fist to his face or a bullet is his position within the AirJeep and Echo on Keith’s lap.

“Excuse me, asshole?” Casino loudly snarls, “Did you just say I should try to get paid to go look for and help my best friend and partner?”

“Whoa! Everyone chill,” Bloodbank orders. “There’s the right thing to do here and there’s a wrong thing. First of all, why the hell are you speaking to Rya in Spanish when she said she speaks English?” he looks across the vehicle to Charlie. “You came into this run late presenting us with credentials from Starlight with news that a second team was breathing down our necks… we all just met a couple of nights ago and our wallets aren’t really full of trust credits as it stands.

“Sure, you’ve been helpful, but what’s with all this Spanish? What are you playing at?”

“London bridges falling down, falling down, falling down,” Blossom’s singing voice is really rather pretty but it doesn’t last long. Cheerfully addressing the boy, she declares, “Look at all us big, bad edgerunners, Jase. Professionals to the core, right? Silly bunch of posers. Quite the team, eh?” 

(OOC: March 9th, Day 3 - Sunday, Time is 09:47 AM PST - Undercity, climbing ramps, crossing intersections, and making your way to South Night City.)



Posted on 2020-02-07 at 13:19:23.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 52/18
2248 Posts




  "You shouldn't get paid for finding your friend or you wouldn't be much of a friend.  But, he's not my friend and I don't do charity work.  Figure some of the others might agree.  If you want to hire me that's fine or you can make some calls and see who else might finance the search.  Either way there needs to be a plan. "



Posted on 2020-02-07 at 13:42:30.

Espatier
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 4/0
140 Posts


Questions, Questions....

** Mr. Charlie already started his recording as the (skill used) interview was started.

“Whoa! Everyone chill,” Blood Bank orders. “There’s the right thing to do here and there’s a wrong thing. First of all, why the hell are you speaking to Rya in Spanish when she said she speaks English?” he looks across the vehicle to Charlie. 

Mr. Charlie replies to the one called Blood Bank “ Because I didn’t know if her english was her first or second language and to me it’s now obviously its her primary language. I need to ask some questions before continuing my task at hand”. Mr charlie explains. 

“You came into this run late presenting us with credentials from Starlight with news that a second team was breathing down our necks… we all just met a couple of nights ago and our wallets aren’t really full of trust credits as it stands”. Blookbank continued

“We have already met the team that was intended to take the quarry away, I hope that will not be another from saint nick before the drop off. Hopefully Starlight will keep me informed if another will be sent. As for the drop.. everyone can take a breather for a few hours, When I get the coords and the time hack.... I’ll pass it on to you guys”.

“Sure, you’ve been helpful, but what’s with all this Spanish? What are you playing at?” Blookbank asks

Information.... Mr. Charlie explains “ I needed to verify for the employer and record proof of contract. I just need to tie up a few loose ends so that we all get paid in a timely matter, Everyone remembers who is responsible and how they are to be handled right?. Mr Charlie stops a recording then taps a few keys again.

** Message sent ** (( Burden of proof - Starlight ))

“Anyway.... Where do you heros want to be dropped off now?. I would suggest a hotel or motel till I get the time hack and coords. 

“London bridges falling down, falling down, falling down,” Blossom’s singing voice is really rather pretty but it doesn’t last long. Cheerfully addressing the boy, she declares, “Look at all us big, bad edgerunners, Jase. Professionals to the core, right? Silly bunch of posers. Quite the team, eh?” 

The metal cee speaks up from the rear

"You shouldn't get paid for finding your friend or you wouldn't be much of a friend.  But, he's not my friend and I don't do charity work. Figure some of the others might agree.  If you want to hire me that's fine or you can make some calls and see who else might finance the search.  Either way there needs to be a plan. "

** Mr. Charlie starts his recording app again (Agent)

“ So Heros.... What is everyone’s plan... see this situation out or go after the compatriot before the drop?. All of our reputations are on the line so I would suggest choosing wisely for the sake not only of oneself but for the employer as well. I’m going to suggest to the group as a whole.. As my job as the “fixer” for this group is....If you are going to do something.... Start negotiating with the ones that have him and find out what they want for his safe return. But the Metal Cee is spot on.... Those that are going... get a plan started since everyone has downtime till pickup”. 

** Contacts - Blossom - emailed

“Rya... so who was the shirt? (low level employee) and what megacorp are they from?". Charile turns his head for a sec and then asks " Wait a sec... your saying that this shirt.. Paid for your nice apartment in Upper City and you were receiving a large pension?. Lady, that ain't no suit (Low level employee) nor shirt.... That's a corpse (corporate exec). ” 

Rya replies...if any

“ so why Bogata if your from Mexico?” Charlie asks.

Rya replies...if any

“ Why didn't the collargirl just simply buy another surrogate?. It sounds like she has lots of credits....” Charlie will ask the group aloud in the vehicle. 

Charile will ask the kid.

“Jace.... what makes you so special?... is it your blood, you super good at math and science?. Did you ever hear your non biological mom talk about why your so important?. Are you learning about corporations at that Bartholomew School ”

Jace replies.

“ Was the doctor his Dad and is he still around, working for the same megacorp?” Charile continue the interview of Rya.

 

Things were beginning to add up but with no sum so far for charlie. So was he missing anything? He pondered.

 

Charlie looked over to blossom “Are you in the mood to find some info about this person?”

“Rya... anything that you can tell us about that woman you were carrying a child for besides her corp?.

Charlie sends a mass text to the group as a question. 

** skill used (Leadership)

Group text - sent!. 

“Look everyone, this is almost over and I can help us get to the finnish line but we would need to be a more cohesive group to accomplish this. The Employer wanted this low key and its been anything but that. How does everyone feel about laying low till the drop off. We don’t need anymore slips, mess up, etc.  So I'm suggesting that the group lay low, drop the kid and if those that wish to make plans on rescuing someone... I would suggest negotiating to see if he is still alive and find out what they want in return for his life intact”. 

Does anyone remember what the people who are responsible are to be dealt with? If so.... are you still on board with the employers wishes?

End of msg...

Charlie asks Metal Cee “ You obviously know alot about machines.... I have a vehicle that needs repair can you and will you trade for Giri to repair as part of your next contract?” 

 



Posted on 2020-02-08 at 04:46:24.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 52/18
2248 Posts




"Let me take a look at it and see what kind of work it will require before I agree.  Might be something I can handle, might not be. "



Posted on 2020-02-08 at 13:42:08.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.