The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3858 registered users. Our newest member is websoikeo68.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - An Annoying Concern (posted by dragon-soul92)An Annoying Concern
Recruitment Threads - Trilogy restart recruitment. (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy restart recrui...
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by dragon-soul92)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Nomad D2)LLE - WoT Game
Comings and Goings - Hello! (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Hello!
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Cyberpunk --> Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
Parent thread: Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
GM for this game: Bromern Sal
Players for this game: TannTalas, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Giddy, Aletheia, Espatier
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Womens
Price: $16.50

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Covering their six and then some

"Do your thing, Chika", Echo said to the netrunner, "and we'll watch your six.

Glancing at Bloodbank as he draws his pistol, Echo thought the gun looked out of place in the medic's hand.

"Everyone needs a little protection", she mused to herself.

Echo looks for anything moveable that could be cover for them, garbage bins and the like.

(OOC - Echo will try to get any objects for them moved over to try to block for Blossom as much as possible whilst giving cover with her gun if necessary. She doesn't want to shoot much less kill anyone, but she'll do what she must to protect the team.
Also, what does the door she's trying to open look like? Is it solid, or can you see thru a window or some such? If it can be seen thru, Echo will keep eyes down that way as well, or suggest Bloodbank keep watch on that)


Posted on 2016-08-18 at 03:11:31.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 137/11
3574 Posts


End of One Combat Scenario... beginning of another?

Outside The Rat Pack Night Club | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 1:38 AM PST
Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Vegas,” Casino leans in to be heard better over the music. “We been friends and partners a long time so please just text her and see if she can meet us out back. If not, then yeah, we go out the front, agreed?”

"These boosters are cowards,” The techie offers as he rises from the table as well, handing the large gunman the submachine gun he’d been babysitting with the handle and trigger pointing away from the solo’s body so as not to incite the security into thinking something was going down. “They think they have safety in numbers. We just go out toting bigger heat and they could bow down. Or, we could get into a fight where you may have to use the grenades you just done paid for."

Fixer receives a sour look from the blonde man for his opinion. “You might be right but it’s not part of our job right now to create a firefight in the middle of the street. Starlight said ‘discreet.’ What’s less discreet than a firefight? On top of that I do not—do not—want to get on Campbell’s bad side and lose this place as a meeting site and place to relax.”

"Casino My Friend," the Frank Sinatra look-alike speaks directly and to the point, placing a hand on his partner’s shoulder to draw his attention away from the well-meaning technician. "If I text Starlight to meet us in some back alley instead of out front where she is expecting us to meet her, to pick up your grenades and the taser, then our names will probably be black listed among all of her contacts! Then where would we be?

"I am going out that front door,” the well-dressed solo points to the correct area. “Whether you come with me or not, because Starlight will have her own muscle with her! Just like Fixer here says, those boosters are cowards! I am not selling my soul to Campbell to sneak out the back way! And the Rat Pack will still be here for us to use as a meeting place in the future."

Vegas tips his fedora to his long-time partner, then gives a 'Thumbs Up' to Fixer, before slowly sauntering his way out the front door to meet Starlight and gather the goods! With a resigned shake of his buzzed head, Casino accepts his submachine gun and unclips the sling to loop it over his shoulder, under his armored trenchcoat and at the ready as he reluctantly follows behind Vegas. Having already stated his opinion, Fixer falls in next to his put out companion while mentally readying himself for what could possibly be a dangerous situation.

Midcity receives rain in much greater quantities and in a much more natural form than the lower regions, and it is pouring as the three step out the door past the doorman. Lightning flashes overhead like an ominous announcement of their arrival. Casino mentally activates his NuCybe visor just in time to have the anti-dazzle subroutine catch the flare and diminish its impact on his eyes. The wireless smartgun link immediately sets the targeting in operation the second his hand settles on the grip of his submachine gun, dancing about and highlighting each potential target in front of him.

Vegas isn’t stupid, and walking into the wet night without being prepared is not a habit of his. Optic Splice activated, the smooth visor is covering his eyes as well just as he exits the Rat Pack. His anti-dazzle also protects his eyes from the flash of lightning and his targeting begins to quickly assess possible threats, but his mind is set on locating the small, pretty fixer with their gear more than any of the boosters. He’s fully confident that Casino has that end covered.

Fixer’s cybernetics loadout doesn’t include the anti-dazzle as it is geared much more for the work he enjoys (which isn’t wetwork), however, he is a keen eye and is naturally attentive. This is the skill he’s relying on as his smartgun technology responds to his touch.

Blacktop wet with torrential downpour reflects the lights of the city like a portal to a mirrored world. Sounds of aerodyne vehicles drone overhead mixing with the splash of wheeled ground vehicles cutting through the puddles. Night City does not sleep and the street is as busy as ever making the task of assessing threats for the three edgerunners difficult at best. Starlight, on the other hand, stands out in the night with her white and purple clothing, Techhair®, and good looks.

She is waiting on the stoop of the building just to the left. An art deco facade for the first three levels above the street, this building is an office building that’s closed down for the night. The lighted points of her Techhair® vibrant through the rain, she motions the men towards her with an exaggerated nod of her head.

Surprisingly, she is alone. No muscle. No added guns. The three approach and she looks about before reaching into her slick coat pockets with both hands and producing the items they have purchased one by one.

“There you go, choombas,” Starlight grins. “Now, how’s the gig playing out?”

Fixer’s attentiveness pays off. He’s not really interested in the grenades or taser, that’s the solo’s fixation. Eyes peeled, he notices a lowrider groundcar with a rippin’ mural of some Catholic Saint on the hood and a glossy black paint job slow to a crawl just before reaching their position. The back window on the driver’s side—the side facing the group of you—scrolls downward and the barrel of a weapon is seen. The boosters have made their play.

(OOC: Assuming some kind of warning being called out by Fixer…)

Automatic gunfire disrupts the casual sounds of the stormy night with a roar. The group scatters, hitting the ground, ducking and rolling, doing whatever you can to avoid being turned into a holy mess. Casino’s response is to go to his knees while spinning and tearing his submachine gun free from the cover of his trenchcoat, his targeting software immediately illuminating the car and moving to focus in on his desired victim in response. Vegas’ reaction is to duck and perform a slick softshoe slide while retrieving his Mark II. Fixer’s position is more open to begin with and as he dives for the ground he feels the impact of rounds into his left leg. Pain shoots up from his thigh and into his hip while at the same time driving downward into his knee and calf. The impact of the rounds is enough to jerk him sideways a bit and he rolls onto his back as he strikes concrete.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Train | Night City Integrate | Midcity into High City | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 1:28 AM PST | Combat Phase 6
Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How much do we know of these tunnels?” Echo intones a bit quickly due to the pressure on them. “Do we have a map, or can we pull one up quickly? I'd prefer to avoid any other security folks, if possible. No need to take any other lives if we don't have to, or call more attention to ourselves in the process."

From behind his battlemask, the medtech joins the conversation, “I don't have a map," he replies, quickly looking over his shoulder at the nomad and the chaos ensuing behind her. "But I'm decently confident that our brilliant netrunner will be able to find one for us."

Blossom doesn’t respond, focused as she is on determining the security system’s defenses.

"That construct just bit it,” Ghlahn calls over his shoulder. “Now would be good time to get that door open. I'll give you as much time as I can but sooner or later someone is going to die out here. Just hope it isn't us."

"Do your thing, Chika," Echo says to the netrunner. "And we'll watch your six.”

The door before them is a solid firedoor of metal construct, dented and scratched from the many times over the years that the trains have kicked debris from the tracks up. The handle is a metal L-shaped grip, dirty and scarred as well. There’s no seeing through to the other side, and there’s no breaking it down. There’s nothing to do but wait on Blossom to work her magic.

Bloodbank draws his handgun, "How long?"

The insertion team is currently not returning fire. Time is of the essence, however, and they are relying on the bubbly little wardriver to be their salvation as the surviving members of the sec-team begin to advance patterning the wall and ceiling of the train tunnel with pockmarks from hot lead. Rounds whistle by singing a death ballad, but nothing has found purchase yet.

The datagate is by-passed with ease and Blossom finds herself navigating the commands for the lock with ease. Not even a full second after she has jacked in, the pretty little wardriver has unlocked the door. Quickly retrieving her interface cable from the port, Blossom grabs the handle and swings the door open, slipping inside and surveying her new surroundings.

The maintenance tunnel that opens up before her is approximately ten feet tall and fifteen feet wide. The floor is cement, pocmarked and stained, while the walls are a mix of brick and cement the closer to the ceiling it gets. Wire casing tubes run along the ceiling in a mass of synthetic veins, one leading to the occasional single bare lightbulb jutting out of the ceiling like a bare nipple. The tunnel progresses for thirty, or so, meters before splitting at a T.

(OOC: interaction inserted here… as you’ve only one way to go, I’ll continue.)

The door closed and secured behind the group, everyone runs down the blind tunnel with no map or guidance. The T intersection provides you with your first option, and left seems the logical choice seeing how the platform would be to the right. A few more turns and a some distance between the door and the insertion team’s current position affords you with the option to give pause if you so desire.


Posted on 2016-08-18 at 11:40:55.

Vesper
Resident
Karma: 20/12
325 Posts


And action.....

Fixer noted that Vegas was very abstinent about going out that front door. The man tipped his fedora to the two that were to trail behind him and a thumbs up to Fixer before sauntering out into the early morning air. Casino shook his head before striding out behind his friend with Fixer at his side. His mental state was one of hyper alertness as he kept his eyes scanning for the boosters. He could feel his palms sweating at the nervousness that flooded his system.

Rain poured down in a drove, and he could feel it flowing off of his street clothes; he was not wearing any kind of waterproofed clothing. He could feel it soaking into the cloth and was glad he carried extra clothing in his bag. Lightning flashed overhead with the three heading further into the rain. His SMG is smartgun linked and he can see the recticle as it overlays his view. The buttstock is pulled out fits snugly into his shoulder pocket. His left hand held the underbarrel grip snugly as his feet carried him forward.

Fixer spots Starlight alone in the rain, no escort and packing no heavy heat of any type. So much for the theory that her muscle would deter the Grease Monkeys from attacking them on the open street. Starlight approaches the three before reaching into her pockets and producing the items Casino and Vegas had purchased earlier in the night.

“There you go, choombas,” Starlight grins. “Now, how’s the gig playing out?”

Fixer was not paying the small gathering much attention. The grenades and taser was Vegas’s and Casino’s thing. His eyes continue to scan the surrounding street. A lowriding ground car came driving towards them with a mural of a Catholic saint on the hood. Fixer kept his eye on the car as it came to a slowing crawl. A window began to roll down on the driver’s side – a barrel of a weapon peeking out from the window.

“Get down!!!” Fixer yelled into the night air.

He could hear the roar of automatic gunfire as it rings through the night air. Fixer attempted to jump out of the way but felt the rounds impact into his leg. Pain tore through the limb as it caused him to spin. He fell flat on his back and hit the pavement hard. His only reasonable response was to raise his own weapon and pull the trigger once the recticle was lined up with the vehicle. He pulled the trigger to it and let the rounds fly in hopes that they would pierce the vehicle’s metal and glass to hit the occupants inside. The weapon's suppressor kept the sound of fire was blasting his ear drums as well. Fixer was glad he had invested in the armored clothing now instead of a more fashionable choice.


Posted on 2016-08-21 at 01:47:55.
Edited on 2016-08-22 at 23:12:21 by Vesper

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Lock the door??

"Chika," Echo says with a grin to the pretty netrunner as she hurries through the door, "you have the gift for sure. Can you scramble the lock from the inside, you know, change the code so they can't follow us or some such? Or, should we just blow the controls?" she says with a wink, indicating her weapon.

(OOC - if Blossom can lock the door, cool. If not, and shooting the controls should work to her knowledge, she'll wait for folks to move down the hall a bit, take aim, and fire a small volley into the control panel. Otherwise she'll follow the advice of the netrunner as she's more knowledgeable of the techie things. After that, she'll follow the others down whichever way they decide to travel.)


Posted on 2016-08-21 at 10:11:57.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Guns Blazing

Guns were Blazing as Vegas blended a well time 'soft shoe slide' to avoid being a stationary target for the Boosters who were trying to rub him out.

Mere moments had passed, before the Frank Sinatra look-alike strode through the deluge of rain, aiming to collect his order from Starlight, who had seemingly met them alone, without her armed guard.

He had barely tucked the Taser in a safe place, when the warning from Fixer stung his ears in unison with the gunfire from the slowly moving lowrider groundcar.

Vegas returned the fire with his Mach II spitting retaliation, as he tried to determine where Starlight was, intent upon providing cover fire for the woman who had employed them mere hours ago.

(OOC: Vegas will keep firing until the car is out of range and then try to locate Starlight to make sure she is okay)


Posted on 2016-08-22 at 20:00:30.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 169/114
6030 Posts


Sorry for late post :(

Outside The Rat Pack Night Club | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 1:38 AM PST Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am going out that front door whether you come with me or not, because Starlight will have her own muscle with her! Just like Fixer here says, those boosters are cowards! I am not selling my soul to Campbell to sneak out the back way! And the Rat Pack will still be here for us to use as a meeting place in the future."

Not saying a word as Vegas moved towards the club’s front door Casino moved to follow. Knowing that further talk was useless all he could do was back-up Vegas’s play. As the three of them moved out to the street and Vegas moved towards Starlight the big solo kept his head moving from place to place trying to cover all the possible shooting positions.

“There you go, choombas, now, how’s the gig playing out?”

As Casino heard Starlight’s comment and question almost immediately on it’s heels he heard Fixer yell gun. His head and body moving on instinct, Casino went to his knees spinning and tearing his MPK free from the cover of his trench coat. Automatically using his smart-link targeting software Casino aimed for the car’s driver and fired off a three round burst. If these idiots wanted to play at killers from the inside of a car it would be their tomb.....

(OOC: Ok going for the driver then the passenger with the 3 rd burst. If I kill the driver with the 1st or 2nd shot, I'll redirect the remaining rounds to the passenger.))


Posted on 2016-08-22 at 20:40:31.
Edited on 2016-08-22 at 21:41:44 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2084 Posts


.

Ghlahn slipped through the door. The security team would not be far behind them. "No sense locking it, they can probably override it. Blast the lock and lets get going. I don't care where a long as it isn't here."


Posted on 2016-08-22 at 20:56:36.

Giddy
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 9/0
111 Posts


Fly, you fools!

It was with the utmost relief that Bloodbank heard the quiet click of the lock. With a final glance at the security team, he happily lowered his gun and slipped into the maintenance tunnel with the rest of the group.

"Chika," Echo says with a grin to the pretty netrunner as she hurries through the door, "you have the gift for sure. Can you scramble the lock from the inside, you know, change the code so they can't follow us or some such? Or, should we just blow the controls?"

"No sense locking it, they can probably override it. Blast the lock and lets get going. I don't care where a long as it isn't here." Glahn replied.


"We need to get out of here, fast!" Bloodbank stated. He wanted to get away from the area, just as much for the safety of his own self and those that were with him as that of other persons that were pursuing them. It was with this urgency stark in his mind that he pointed his .44 at the electronic lock of the door and, for the first time in a long time, pulled the trigger. The report of his now smoking weapon echoed throughout the lonely maintenance tunnel, and before the harsh sound had faded away the med-tech was ushering his companions down the passageway.

The rather neglected looking tunnel split off into a T-intersection in front of them. There was only one obvious path to take, and that was left; away from the platform that must have been in a horrid state of disarray. That was the way they all turned, and it wasn't until they were several more turns and a good distance away from the platform that they began to slow down.

"That was a frackin' disaster." The med-tech murmured. He holstered his weapon, slipping the thumb break back over the weapons hammer, and pulled his battlemask off. No smile alighted his face as he stopped and leaned against one of the brick walls to catch his breath. He glanced at each member of the group, with his eyes finally resting on Glahn.

He was irrationally angry at the man, and now that the adrenaline was wearing off he was beginning to realize it. Glahn had shot at, and possibly killed, the members of the security team. Not to mention the crowd of innocent blue collar workers that were behind them that could have easily caught a stray bullet. Bloodbank clenched his fists, but kept his face calm. He knew that Glahn was only returning fire after being fired upon, and he knew that the alternative would have been, in all likely hood, the loss of their own lives.

"Besides," a nasty little voice in Bloodbank's mind said. "Weren't you seconds away from returning fire yourself?"

Trying his best to ignore the little truthful voice, Bloodbank swallowed his admittedly ridiculous righteous indignation and turned his attention to Blossom instead.

He let out a sigh. "Great job with the lock." he said, trying to keep his voice even while he wiped the sweat from his forehead. "Any longer out there and I doubt we would have made it. Now, is it possible for you to pull up a map of these tunnels? I don't want to be in here any longer than possible."


Posted on 2016-08-27 at 20:37:44.
Edited on 2016-08-27 at 20:38:03 by Giddy

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2084 Posts


.

Run, run, run. Finally the group stopped, hoping they had put enough distance between themselves and the security team. Glahn saw Bloodbank look at each of them and felt the anger in the man's eyes as they rested on him. "Don't give me that look. I did what needed doing. Besides, that construct of hers wasn't there to play with them either. We all do our job and we all live."


Posted on 2016-08-27 at 20:54:28.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 137/11
3574 Posts


Catching the two sides up...

Outside The Rat Pack Night Club | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 1:39 AM PST
Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Get down!!!” Fixer yells into the night air and immediately dives away from the resounding gunfire. He is impacted heavily in his right leg, pain tearing through the limb spinning his body and dropping him to the wet cement flat on his back.

Reflexes boosted, Vegas slides sideways, rotates about, and returns fire with his Mach II spitting retaliation. His retaliation is half-hearted, his attention really focusing on protecting Starlight.

His head and body moving on instinct, Casino falls to his knees, spinning, and tearing his MPK free from the cover of his trench coat.

Dull thuds of full metal jackets impacting cement and whistling rounds flying past their heads accompanying the orchestra of violence unleashed on the rain soaked streets of the Night City Integrate. There’s one sound that is definitely out of sync, and it’s Vegas who can pick out the deficit.

Fixer’s Uzi burns through half the rounds in his magazine, the hot lead cutting through the storm water to riddle the driver and rear door of the passing vehicle. Casino’s move puts him out of harms way, and as his weapon unloads into the driver’s window and door--thirty rounds of armor piercing rounds--he receives some satisfaction as the pimped out car swerves to the right, smashing into the parked cars on the shoulder, scraping along and spitting sparks, before rebounding into oncoming traffic and crashing headlong into a van with a mighty impact.

The return fire that Vegas sends after their attackers hits the hood and shatters the windshield, but the more important matter is the realization that Starlight has been hit!

The booster’s car is buried in the front half of the van, and if anyone in the front seats of either vehicle survived the accident, it would be surprising.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maintenance Tunnels | Night City Integrate | Midcity into High City | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 1:29 AM PST
Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Chika," Echo says with a grin to the pretty netrunner as she hurries through the door. "You have the gift for sure. Can you scramble the lock from the inside, you know, change the code so they can't follow us or some such? Or, should we just blow the controls?" she says with a wink, indicating her weapon.

Bloodbank and Ghlahn slip through the door right on their heels. "No sense locking it,” Ghlahn informs them. “They can probably override it. Blast the lock and let’s get going. I don't care where a long as it isn't here."

"We need to get out of here, fast!" Bloodbank adds. He He levels his .44 at the electronic lock of the door and pulls the trigger. The report of his now smoking weapon echoes throughout the lonely maintenance tunnel, and before the harsh sound has faded away the med-tech is ushering his companions down the passageway.

The rather neglected looking tunnel split off into a T-intersection in front of them. There was only one obvious path to take, and that was left; away from the platform that must have been in a horrid state of disarray. That was the way they all turned, and it wasn't until they were several more turns and a good distance away from the platform that they began to slow down.

"That was a frackin' disaster." The med-tech murmurs, holstering his weapon asd slipping the thumb break back over the weapons hammer while pulling his battlemask off. No smile alights his face as he stops and leans against one of the brick walls to catch his breath. He glances at each member of the group, with his eyes finally resting on Ghlahn.

"Don't give me that look,” Ghlahn commands from behind his own battlemask. “I did what needed doing. Besides, that construct of hers wasn't there to play with them either. We all do our job and we all live."

The medic let’s out a sigh, "Great job with the lock." he says, trying to keep his voice even while he wiped the sweat from his forehead. "Any longer out there and I doubt we would have made it. Now, is it possible for you to pull up a map of these tunnels? I don't want to be in here any longer than possible."

“Got five minutes in your back pocket?” Blossom answers without her usual cheeriness. “Without having access to a municipal building, I can’t wardrive for schematics and given time, I could possibly find some plans somewhere on the Dark Net.

“Let’s keep moving. I’ll set my agent to searching for that map.”

Pointing further down the tunnel the way they were heading, the small netrunner begins to walk while retrieving her agent from her coat pocket.

(OOC: Assuming everyone follows…)

Portions of the maintenance tunnels are flooded with about an inch of water, and some areas are dank and moldy, but show no standing water. The lighting is just as sporadic and the group finds stretches of tunnel without light, resorting to the flashlights on their agents to pass through. Rats, stray cats, and the odd lizard are also present, but aside from those animals, the edgerunners encounter no additional lifeforms.

“The search came up with nothing,” Blossom informs everyone with disappointment. It’s been some time since leaving the door disabled and running blindly into the tunnels--tunnels that could leave everyone trapped for miles and miles beneath the integrate. “I guess the security company over this particular assignment are pretty thorough.”

(OOC: Assuming everyone votes to continue…)

More minutes pass, and then the first hope of exiting the tunnels presents itself. The tunnel leads straight into another T-intersection. Directly at the midpoint of the T a door has been set into the wall. This door is a solid metal fire door, chipped, dented, and scratched across its entire surface. The handle is similar to the previous doors encountered along the way with a keycard lock device and an L-shaped steel handle. Painted above the door in red lettering is the word “EXIT,” scarred and worn though it may be, it is plain as day. To the left of the door, encased in a cage at approximately two and a half meters from the floor is a sickly yellow light the plastic case showing the shadowed silhouettes of dead insect bodies encased within.


Posted on 2016-08-28 at 17:23:32.
Edited on 2016-09-01 at 21:24:26 by Bromern Sal

Vesper
Resident
Karma: 20/12
325 Posts


And go.

Fixer's Uzi burns through half the rounds in his magazine, the hot lead cutting through the storm water to riddle the driver and rear door of the passing vehicle. He mentally kept count as he felt the recoiling weapon spit each round out of its chamber. This was the first time he had fired the weapon at another living person. Target practice was something, but this was different. An emotional numbness coursed through him. Fixer surprised himself at how calm he was. Though the adrenaline flowed through his veins, he did not feel the expected emotional guild at possible having taken a life.

He watched on though as the pimped car swerved through a course of action and into the oncoming lane of traffic. Time seemed to slow as the boosters smashed headlong into a van. Crunch of steel on steel rebounded through the air. Those in the van were not part of this meaningless conflict. Though sometimes innocent were caught in the crossfire.

A look around saw that Starlight was hit, but the threat was not confirmed to be finished. Brayden had taught him in a firefight that finishing the threat came first before aiding an injured comrade. He rushed over to the boosters vehicle to inspect the interior. It was with a quick thought that the lessons of old came back, "Don't go into an unknown situation with a half full mag." He kept his uzi pointed towards the vehicle as he strode forward in a crouch, swapping out the magazine in midstride and placing the half empty back in the holster that he had pulled the full one out of. He was prepared to end this threat if need be.


Posted on 2016-08-28 at 23:42:26.
Edited on 2016-08-28 at 23:44:00 by Vesper

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


In Spite Of All The Blood

Vegas fired his weapon at the passing car in a half-hearted attempt at retaliation for the cowardly attack, but his main focus was on protecting Starlight.

Alas, his effort was not entirely successful from keeping her from being harmed, as the Frank Sinatra look-alike soon discovered that their employer had been shot.

It was small consolation that his bullets had riddled the hood and windshield of the passing car, especially since if Starlight died that it might be next to impossible to collect a reward for finding and returning the missing boy to the client represented by the stricken Starlight.

Relying upon Casino and Fixer to provide any necessary cover fire, the dapper Solo turned his back to the conflict to attend to the wounded Starlight.

Fortunately she was still alive, in spite of all the blood resulting from a shot through the Trapezius Muscle (the muscle between the shoulder and the neck).

Vegas did his best to stop the bleeding and keep their employer alive in hopes of collecting a payday for the safe return of the lost boy.

(OOC: Vegas is utilizing everything in his possession and ability to prevent Starlight from dying there in the street and to get her to safety without any further complications, if possible!)


Posted on 2016-08-29 at 21:01:04.
Edited on 2016-08-29 at 21:04:02 by Hammer

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 169/114
6030 Posts


Told you so :(

Outside The Rat Pack Night Club | Night City Integrate | Midcity | UrbanZone - Day 2 (Saturday), 1:39 AM PST Weather Conditions: High City (Thunderstorms, 15mph winds from the NE.) | Midcity (Rain, 10mph winds from the NE.) | Undercity (Fog and Rain, no winds.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 25 | Midcity = 42 | Undercity = 75 (masks required)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Casino watched his 3 rd burst seemed to have the desired effect causing the car veer to the right, smashing parked cars before finally rebounding into oncoming traffic and crashing headlong into a van with a mighty impact.

Moving quickly, reloading the MPK with a full magazine, he made his way to the boosters car to look inside. Reaching in feeling for pulses he was shortly joined by a limping Fixer.

If he finds any of the boosters even faintly alive he will put a rd in their heads to finish them off

“Your hurt, how bad?” Casino quickly moved to exam the Tech’s leg. “S*** that's gonna bruise and hurt for awhile. Where’s Vegas?”

I assume some type of response here

Turning to over look the scene his worst fear about coming outside had come true. Starlight down on the street with blood from a bullet wound.

“Oh F***” Quickly moving to the Frank Sinatra solo he watched as he tried to stem the bleeding. Staying out of Vegas’s way he hoped his partner could keep their employer alive. If not, then the nature of this run would change and the repercussions of her death would be felt by all.......


Post Edited 09/01/2016


Posted on 2016-08-30 at 18:34:29.
Edited on 2016-09-01 at 23:13:09 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2084 Posts


.

Ghlahn looked at the door next to the exit sign. "Getting out of the tunnels gives us more options. But, if there is a sec team on the other side of the door we are finished." After a moment's thought he added, "I vote we leave teh tunnels."


Posted on 2016-09-01 at 18:28:45.

Giddy
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 9/0
111 Posts


Onward.

“Got five minutes in your back pocket?” Blossom answers without her usual cheeriness. “Without having access to a municipal building, I can’t wardrive for schematics and given time, I could possibly find some plans somewhere on the Dark Net.

“Let’s keep moving. I’ll set my agent to searching for that map.”

Pointing further down the tunnel the way they were heading, the small netrunner begins to walk while retrieving her agent from her coat pocket.

Nodding absentmindedly, Bloodbank followed her. He didn't know any more about the Dark Net than was absolutely necessary for survival. The workings of the human body and the medical marvels that the world provided to aid it were what had held his attention and interest; and as such, he had no idea what the odds were for Blossom to be able to procure plans.

The only sound that could be heard as they walked through the grimy tunnels was that of the arrhythmic clopping made from their own steps, occasionally intermittent with splashes as they walked through puddles of dirty water pooled on the ground. Every now and then there would be soft sound of scurrying, perhaps accompanied by a small, frighted squeak or harsh hiss as they walked close to rats or stray cats, obviously unused to human presence.

They hadn't been walking for long before Blossom spoke up again, “The search came up with nothing,” Blossom informs everyone with disappointment. “I guess the security company over this particular assignment are pretty thorough.”

The Med-tech nodded his head slowly, but said nothing. That really only left one choice as for what to do in his mind, and that was to wander until they found a door, and pray to whatever god they preferred that that door lead out onto the streets.

"Onward, then?" Bloodbank asked, calmly.

(OOC: Assuming no one else has any other suggestions.)

With that, the quartet began again walking through the tunnels. Bloodbank kept his eyes straight ahead, mechanically putting one foot in front of the other as he walked, following the general movement of the group. If one was to look closely at him, however, it was evident in his eyes that despite his calm outward expression, there was a fierce mental deposition in his mind.

Long ago, after a horrid job that he would never share the particulars of with anyone, he had sworn to himself that he would never, ever again turn his weapon upon someone that did not deserve it. He had told himself that he would rather die than travel down that road again. And yet, tonight he found his sights trained on some guard whose only crime against Bloodbank was trying to prevent them from illegally bypassing security. In the heat of the moment he had forgotten his pledge. Or he had chosen to ignore it and was the same cruel, violent man that Bloodbank had tried so hard to pretend didn't ever exist. He didn't know which possibility was worse in his mind; the fact that he was unable to leave his violent tendencies behind him, or that deep down he didn't want to change.

"Getting out of the tunnels gives us more options. But, if there is a sec team on the other side of the door we are finished. I vote we leave the tunnels."

Bloodbank blinked, the group had stopped in front of a sad old door and, without realizing it, he had stopped with them. Glahn's statement had brought him out of his dark brooding, however, and now his full attention was on the door in front of them.

The pale, yellow light cast upon the door provided it with an eerie, almost foreboding look to Bloodbank. It was the first door that they had seen in a while, though, and as such, the Med-tech was inclined to agree with Glahn.

"We're doing no good wandering around the tunnels," He said, staring hard at the chipped metal door, as though trying to see through it. "I agree. Let's get out of here, and find out where we are."


Posted on 2016-09-05 at 13:03:15.
Edited on 2016-09-05 at 13:03:59 by Giddy

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.