The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is soicau88.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Odyson)Destiny's Flight
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 1 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Dark Sun Game
Parent thread: Dark Sun Q/A
GM for this game: Impulse
Players for this game: Kaelyn, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Shield Wolf, SirSadaar
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Dark Sun Game
RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Awesome
Price: $20.00



RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


.

"Not wory, protect both." Ochit took the offered shield and stood ready to keep any harm from reaching Klik. He would not seek trouble but if it came his way, trouble would be dealt with in short order.


Posted on 2016-08-20 at 20:16:35.

Impulse
Resident
Karma: 12/1
494 Posts


...

Crowe and Reynard, both realizing the dangers of the sprinter, eagerly rushed at it, realizing that the only sprinter left was near the elf. (S2). The both of them attacked, Crowe piercing it’s side with his rapier while Reynard landed a deadly blow with his warhammer. The sprinter let out an angry snarl, barely alive. Yet it still lunged out, not at either Crowe or Reynard but the helpless elf on the floor, biting into his shoulder viciously. As it pulled, chewing, it seemed like he got some strength back.

The elves launched their arrows at the enemies, some finding it’s mark, others missing. The zombies appeared to be unaffected by it on the whole.

Doc Klik was eyeing the tide of zombies, rushing towards the fallen elf and a surge of panic rolled over him as he saw him take a deadly wound. Rushing with his extra arms, he quickly took out the medicine kit, procured a salve and then bandaged his wounds best as he could. The elf seemed to relax, still wounded but not in immediate danger. At least not from his wounds.

Morrigu stood atop the mountain, twitching slightly though none was able to see it. Suddenly, a terrible shriek was heard, one that made the zombies stop and pause for a second. Then bolts of fire were released, arcing their way towards the zombies. It smote one of the zombies in it’s side, burning the flesh away.

For Trossach, suddenly the shot grew much harder as the zombie was swarmed by his allies. The threat of hitting one of them grew but concentrating, he took a deep breath, then let loose the arrow. Arcing high above them, it barely hit the zombie, landing in it’s shoulder and it narrowly missed Doc. The zombie growled, angry, it’s arm appeared to not work as it swung uselessly around it’s torso.

The zombies relentlessly pursued, moving only slightly faster at the scent of it’s prey. As the three of them (Doc, Reynard, Crowe) were attacking the sprinter, the zombies shuffled ever closer.

((It’s hard to narrate but in combat everything is supposed to happen at the same time, so forgive me if it sounds like your character is doing nothing, it’s just initiative order, I’ll be posting initiative order in the Q&A, Btw Ochit is moving there right now, he’ll be there second round))

((Second Round))

Crowe quickly finished off the sprinter, stabbing it through it’s head, then moving forward, defending the attack from the west, Reynard moved forward beside Doc Klik, lashing out with his warhammer. The warhammer struck the zombies head, the crack of bone resounded and the zombie stopped in it’s tracks. The elves retreated further away, stopping only when far away enough and shooting more arrows.

Suddenly, Ochit, who had been sprinting the entire time let loose a savage battle cry, slashing the stunned zombie and taking off his head. He panted, being extremely tired from sprinting the entire way here but he had gotten to the fight. He didn’t get to accomplish exactly what he wanted but he was here.

Doc was hit with a wave of pure disgust as the first zombie (Z1) smelled awful and he had to fight to prevent getting sick. He shook the feeling off and quickly covered his other arms with his shields, then clicked in Thri-Kreen, uttering a prayer to his God and beseeching him to turn the undead. As he spoke, the foul smelling zombie began to flee, running away.

Morrigu and Trossach, launched arrows at the zombies heading towards them. The zombie remaining, slashed out towards Doc Klik, it’s arms beating against one of his shields.

((Okay that felt really long, Just want to point out that Morrigu used her magic and I didn’t include your reactions into that but it should come as a surprise))



Posted on 2016-08-25 at 15:48:56.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2341 Posts


Zombies, zombies everywhere

Trossach was worried about the elf that had been bitten. Did that transfer some form of contagion? And how quickly? They would have to keep an eye on that.

But in the meantime it seemed that some of the zombies might be headed up the hill towards Morrigu and himself. Morrigu the mage . . . in the midst of combat the detail registered, but he chose to simply file it away in the back of his head for later processing. She was a wild card in so many ways already, what would spells add to it?

Forget about it for now, he said to himself and grabbed another arrow. He would target the zombies headed his way. It seemed likely that each would take multiple arrows, so he would need to start now, always aiming at the one closest. If needed, he could switch to his trusty maul or the skyhammer. But for now it was all about arrows.


Posted on 2016-08-28 at 15:27:44.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1267 Posts


Ash piles they will be!

Morrígu continued her scream as dark elven magic poured out from her. The ancient night magic raged around her send flames to fly out from her fingertips. She set those very flames upon the undead hoard. They would not claim her, she would send the abominations back into the realms of death.

((OOC: Continuing with the Fire Bolt Cantrip. If the zombies come within range she will cast Thunderbolt.))


Posted on 2016-08-31 at 14:29:38.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


All too easy...

The zombies were robust, Reynard would give them that. However, they were not skillful opponents. Reynard's raw power allowed him to score hits on them that more nimble, or competent, opponents would have blocked. Reynard joined with Crow in yet another joint attack against one of the sprinters. Those ones seemed the most dangerous. If it came to it, they could just walk away from the other ones and throw things at them. At least, until enough of them came to surround them that there was no escape.

Suddenly, a terrible shrieking came from the hillside where Trossach and Morrigu still stood. Reynard looked up expecting some sort of hideous monster, but it was just Morrigu. 'Just Morrigu'? That was hardly a thought befitting someone blasting fire down on the zombies. Someone who was willing enough to show magic had to be somewhat capable with it. But how much?

Not thinking about it, or his own limited powers, anymore, Reynard stepped forward beside Klik. Holding a zombie back with his shield, he gave it a solid blow with his hammer. As the elves withdrew to a safe firing distance. Klik seemed to be doing okay, dodging and protecting himself with his shields, so Reynard attacked whatever zombies were still near him and used his shield to protect Crowe to the best of his ability. Crowe had initiated this fight, and Reynard was determined he would get out.


Posted on 2016-08-31 at 18:02:20.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


,

At a full sprint, Ochit closed the gap quickly. Suddenly flames flew past him and burned into the zombies. He looked back and saw Morrigu alone on the hill and knew she was the source. Perhaps his question about why the elves fought each other had made a difference in her outlook. But, such a display put her and the group at risk. The elves they were trying to save would certainly have seen her actions. There was no telling how they would react.

Finally reaching his target area, Ochit hit the zombie and it disintegrated. "Smell bad, not strong". Out of breath, he took a moment to catch it. Standing ready he surveyed the scene and thought about his next move.


Posted on 2016-09-05 at 09:39:05.

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


focused

Klik didn't even notice Morrigu's fire bolt, so fixated was he on saving the poor elf before him. Ochit, Reynard and Crowe had neared and formed a defensive line. With the three of them there he was able to focus on his medical treatment of the fallen elf.

As his prayer finished he watched a nearby zombie flee, and in kreen he clicked his approval, and appreciation for Ilmater's aid.

(Again will only risk a sacred flame now if absolutely necessary otherwise he's focused on the injured and letting the others fight)


Posted on 2016-09-05 at 16:48:11.

Impulse
Resident
Karma: 12/1
494 Posts


...

Again Crowe and Reynard work in tandem together, with Crowe piercing the zombies heart and holding it at bay (12 points) and then Reynard taking his warhammer and smashing the zombies head in. (8 points) Suddenly the zombie begins to inflate and then it bursts, spewing clouds of noxious gas and acid everywhere around it. Reynards first thought was to protect Crowe and he threw himself in front of him, attempting to block with his shield. (6 pts of dmg), Crowe and Doc Klik managed to duck out of the way and avoid the worst of it (3 points of dmg)

As the Elves witnessed flames hurled through the sky and they saw the terrible figure of Morrigu, cackling and shrieking with anger, the elves immediately started to run, babbling incoherantly as the sight of the wizard terrified them immensely.

Ochit takes a moment to look and has two choices, one, go after the elves, or the other save Doc Klik. It appears one of the foul smelling zombies are going to attack her.

Morrigu launches a firebolt at Z4 (8 points of dmg). The being’s flesh seems to sizzle and singe under the intense heat, a green noxious fume appears to escape it’s body. Trossach immediately launches an arrow right at the burning zombie and the arrow flies true, embedding itself within it’s skull. (4 points of dmg)

Doc Klik, stands against the zombie (Z3), his shields bared. He would protect the elf, no matter the cost, even if it meant revealing his secret. The zombie slammed himself into the Doc, attempting to land a bite into him but Doc Klik was able to keep him away, slamming his shields into the zombie.

The remaining zombie stumbled towards Trossach and Morrigu but it appeared to have trouble climbing the hill.

((Stopping at one round because I don’t know what you guys would want to do, the elves are escaping, Keeper, just lemme know what you want Ochit to do, I rolled for him already to attack Z3 but I’m leaving the option up to you. The fights almost over and then we can progress with the story!
Just to make it clear,Z1 and Z4 are down, Z5 is moving towards T and M. The elves (aside from E3) are escaping East ))


Posted on 2016-09-07 at 08:33:07.
Edited on 2016-09-07 at 08:34:48 by Impulse

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Clean up crew...

As they had been for a majority of the fight, Crowe and Reynard double teamed one of the zombies. Crowe thrust his rapier directly into the chest of the zombie, and Reynard finished it off with a wide swing to the head. Smirking beneath his helmet, Reynard looked around for another opponent. He noticed that, similar to the other zombie, this zombie began to inflate. Without thinking, he pushed himself infront of the party, and did his best to cover them with his shield.

The substance that burst from the zombie's body coated him much more severely than the previous one's had. Coughing as the noxious gas burned his throat and the corrosive fluids' his armour and skin, Reynard did his best to rub it off of himself. There was only 1 more zombie nearby.

Morrigu's spells terrified the elves, and the 2 ones left standing began to flee. As the retreated, Reynard called after them 'The 2 of you alone probably won't last long, whether it be because of more zombies or the Templar's. Stay with me, and I will protect you!" Whether or not they did made no difference to Reynard's action. He stepped up to Z3 (assuming it is still alive) and engaged it with his warhammer. If Crowe stepped up as well, Reynard would continue to shield him.

(OOC:If Z3 is still standing, Reynard will engage it. If not, he will move towards Z5 if it is still moving towards Morrigu. He tries to persuade the elves that are retreating to stay with them, but makes no effort to go after them.)


Posted on 2016-09-11 at 19:05:42.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2341 Posts


Arrows, Arrows and more Arrows

Trossach watched zombies continue to fall and continue to explode. If he needed any more evidence for why he was on the top of the hill, this was it. He had no desire to be coated with zombie juice.

And so the big warrior continued to rain arrows on the zombies. While they may not be the most effective weapon against zombies, they clearly did do damage, especially when lodged in a zombies noggin. And so he fired.

But he also used his position on the top of a knoll to keep an eye on the entire battlefield. Where were the elves running to? And the one that had been bitten, what was it doing? Was there a way to remove a zombies curse or was that one destined to rise as one of the undead?


Posted on 2016-09-11 at 19:15:07.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2218 Posts


Choices

Ochit saw the elves react to the spells from Morigu. As expected, they were terrified at the sight of a dark elf wielding magic. This caused him a great measure of concern. Would the escaping elves tell others what had transpired? Would the Templars in turn come to hunt the group? Looking around he saw Kilk was in a bit of trouble and knew that he should help his companion. Closing the distance, Ochit attacked the nearest zombie. The problem of the elves would have to wait.


Posted on 2016-09-11 at 19:57:24.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1267 Posts


Run run run and burn!

As the zombies died and the flames fell, the nasty pasty elves began to run. Their pale bodies seemed to shine like beacons the in bright sun, Morrígu hoped it burned them all to ash. The wretched globe of light should be good for at least something.

Oh, she could see their fear was more for her than the zombies, and it brought a pleasant tingly sensation. If the groaning undead had not stood between her and the light elves she'd be playing with their fear right now. Alas, desires were not always fulfilled.

Looking to Xenophobella, the dark elven witch shrugged. There would be time to torture the elves later. In the meantime, zombies...

And so, Morrígu screamed dark words of power once again and flame danced out from her fingertips.

((OOC: Continue Fire Bolt))


Posted on 2016-09-11 at 23:44:14.
Edited on 2016-09-11 at 23:45:13 by Nimu

Impulse
Resident
Karma: 12/1
494 Posts


done! Any suggestions pls lemme know!


As the zombies were slowly killed off and the group of them grew less and less, the fight grew easier. By the final few seconds, the last zombie was easily dealt with as the trio of warriors slashed and hacked at it’s limbs, whittling down it’s mobility first and then delivering fatal blows to the head. From experience, they realized that this zombie would explode upon death and easily leapt back, taking minimal damage from the explosive spray. (Ochit 1dmg, Reynard and Crowe 3 dmg, rolled really bad saving throws sorry)

Doc Klik was able to surmise that the elf would be able to awaken in just a short hour, albeit injured and tired but he would wake up.

A hail of arrows and firebolts rained upon the lone zombie, tripping and scurrying up the hill to try to get to the mul and dark elf but a fatal blast to the face combine with shots to the chest made it collapse, laying unmoving in the sand.

The elves retreated further and further away east, running as fast as possible during this exchange. By now it would be extremely difficult to face them. They would probably get to town in 2 days if they sprinted but their supplies would probably not last that long. Stretching their supplies, they’d get to town in 5, being extremely conservative with walking and just moving in general.

To the west, the defiled land lays, the air is stale and oppressive, the sand arid and dry. What little plant life that normally remains in the desert, dried up, just blackened pieces of dead wood. Numerous footsteps, 5 pairs footsteps heading towards there and then multiple footsteps running back east. West… That would be where the ruins lay.

The fallen elves and zombies lay motionless, Doc Klik was able to say to herself that the wound is not infected.

((Heads up, level up is coming soon so just keep an eye on your character, level 3 is when you get cool features ))




Posted on 2016-09-12 at 22:37:31.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Back posting and such

As Crowe made quick work of the undead foes nearest to him with the help of the human's hammer something bright caught his attention out of the corner of his eye. He turned just in time to see a burst of flame strike one of the zombies and it did not take much effort to determine that the flame had come from Morrigu's direction.

A Mage, great, this one gets more and more dangerous with each passing hour, but I suppose it should not come as a shock...
Magic really did not phase Crowe as it may many others, he had grown up on the road, and had seen a great many things in his travels. He knew magic was not inherently bad, because some of his "family" had in fact also had a trick or two up their sleeve much like their ebon-skinned companion.

Crowe pushed the thoughts of magic, family, and even the dark elf to the back of his mind for the time being, there were other things to tend to in the here and now after all.

((Basically Crowe is choosing (for now) to ignore the elephant in the room in favor of finishing the task at hand. The Elves had been saved, the zombies defeated (if there are any still standing he'll move to finish them asap), and they can get back to the task at hand after taking a moment to wipe away the foul smelling entrails they've been showered in... Also, some healing may be in order, and possibly a long rest.))


Posted on 2016-09-13 at 18:27:19.
Edited on 2016-09-13 at 18:36:37 by Shield Wolf

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


...

Reynard looked over the remains of the combatants on the field. None of his group had been killed. A couple of the elves were, a couple fled, and every undead abomination was now lying on the ground. as he did so, he passed by Crowe, and murmured to him, "Good job," before continuing. Stopping once mid-examination, he prodded one of the fallen zombies with his boot. Hopefully, they didn't have to fight through too many more of the explosive ones. Otherwise, it would be a long mission for him. He turned to the other's.

"I say we loot the bodies, then set everything ablaze. No point risking to see if they are reanimated somehow. Anyone who needs healing can come see me as needed. I say we spend as little time here as possible. We have a mission to complete."

Reynard glanced towards where the elves had fled to. Recalling the Templars forcing this mission on pain of death, he wondered if they would even survive if they got back? Not that they would survive any of the wild beasts if they found any, of course. Ahead of them lied the desecrated lands, and some tracks already heading into them. As cruel as it was, Reynard partly hoped that the other groups would open a path nicely, then conveniently be killed right before the completed the objective. Maybe only the bad ones get killed and then they banded with the good ones? Smirking is his helmet, Reynard noted what insanely good fates would have to befall them for that to occur.

(OOC: Reynard wants to loot then burn the bodies, then continue on his way. He will use his heal skill as needed, but is reluctant to use his lay on hands yet.)


Posted on 2016-09-19 at 00:47:18.
Edited on 2016-09-19 at 00:47:46 by SirSadaar

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.