The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3985 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members: SilentOne
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Alacrity)Destiny Flight - QnA
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by TannTalas)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Giddy)LLE - WoT Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Other Sci Fi --> Titansgrave Adventures
Related thread: Looking for players.
Related thread: Dark Fantasy QnA
Related thread: Titangrave Characters
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: TannTalas, Nomad D2, Odyson, Boo Boo
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Titansgrave Adventures
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

Chain Mail Bikini
Price: $20.00

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2302 Posts


Got 'em! Sort of

Rhyson was pleased to see that his plan to intercept the other cats had worked. Just as they climbed to the top of the pile he hit them both with a spark jolt spell. It was a perfect hit as both cats sparked and lost their footing.

But not quite perfect - perfect would have meant taking them out of the fight and his spell appeared to have just slightly wounded them - and maybe kept them from firing for a round. So . . . try again. Spark was what he did.

Rhyson immediately sent another spark jolt at the two new kitties. Like the others he would attempt to get both of them in its effect, but if not, he would hit the one closest to him. He kept his back to the wall as he cast, but moved a bit towards the pile (If this isn't straight at the cats) so as to avoid presenting a stationary target.


Posted on 2017-03-01 at 16:03:53.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6294 Posts


Sorry Birthday weekend

As he watched his energy blast hit and destroy the first of the robo cat’s, Tomiki quickly turned to fire at the second one still in front of him. Continuing to use his special skill of Assassination he let loose a number of hopefully well aimed bursts. His eyes never leaving his target he followed it hoping to once destroy this second of these robotic guardians.

However as he did so his mind continued to worry as to what type of hell he and his friends had stumbled into and would the increased possibility of their deaths be worth it......


Posted on 2017-03-07 at 14:19:56.

Boo Boo
RDI Fixture
Karma: 27/1
673 Posts


The Healer

Máiréad fired an Arcane Blast from her staff at the wounded Catbot but just as she did it reanimated and leapt upwards, avoiding the magical attack.

“AHHH,” Máiréad growled as her blast missed the Catbot, but her disappointment was short-lived as a bolt from Tomiki took it down to move no more.

“Well done Tomiki,” she shouted with glee as she looked about towards the other nearest cat. She turned just in time to watch Lum take a blast squarely in the chest; from the smoking armor, she guessed it was a Serious Wound.

The healer realizes that she needs to use her healing ability to aid Lum, and possibly others she might not have noticed their injuries.

Grasping her staff in both hands, she moves closer to Lum but behind him (about 15' or so) then plants the butt of the staff on the ground, and crouches down on her heals and mutters a prayer to the Spirits to aid her companions and heal them from injury. She hopes that if she is a small target and appears to be non-threatening, that the catbots will focus their attention on the other moving and more dangerous targets.

(OOC: Casting Healing Aura on all party members within range for the full amount – 9MP spent)


Posted on 2017-03-07 at 18:42:35.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6222 Posts


and done

Máiréad plants the butt of the staff on the ground, and crouches down on her heals and mutters a prayer to the Spirits to aid her companions and heal them from injury. As she summons the spirits and their power, something happens – the energy of the spirits comes to her so easily and she channels the mana more effectively than she has done before. So much so that she finds herself with a bounty of energy and places the residual energy as a shield around her and Rhyson. (Equivalent if a high critical roll of spell casting).

The party feels the energy flooding through them as their wounds heal and tiredness is pushed aside with a renewed energy. (Everyone up to full)

The catbots move towards the party and fire their blasters. One targets Lum but the orc warrior is on the move and manages to dodge the attack. Tomiki takes a hit to the shoulder but his armour absorbs most of the damage and what little gets through is healed by the healing aura of Mai. The third catbot fires at Máiréad but her energy shield and stone cloak take the damage instead.

Tomiki fires at a well-aimed blast with his rifle and scores a direct hit in the core of the robot. It screeches mechanically and drops to the ground. It is down but the lights are still on and its system sputter to reset.

Rhyson used the spark Jolt once again but the cats are too fast and slick in there movement and they avoid the electrical field.

Lum pulls the cylinder out of the cabinet, yanks the pin and hopes that the old thing will still work after possible decades down here. Luckily, the extinguisher erupts with a cloud of cold vapour at the catbots as they are moving to attack. The cloud confuses their sensor and they slow down, unable to adjust to their environment. Lum empties the cylinder on the three killer robots, not taking any chances. Dazed and confused, these kitties are easily put down by Lum’s axe and Tomiki’s Sword.


Posted on 2017-03-24 at 09:49:08.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2302 Posts


Wasn't that fun?

Rhyson looked around at the remains of the catboats. "Nice thinking with the spray. That worked well." He moved over to the cat closest to him - was there anything on it or in it that would be worth scavenging? It was what they did after all.

After straightening up he spoke again, "Ok, Tomiki, try 32 at climbing that pile? Just don't make any noise this time, ok?" He added this last part with a grin while pretending to toss something onto the pile.


Posted on 2017-03-26 at 19:10:10.

Boo Boo
RDI Fixture
Karma: 27/1
673 Posts


Battle over.

Máiréad gasped as the power of the Spirits flooded into her; she felt the healing energy flow out to her companions as they battled the Catbots. Her energy was almost more than she could contain and she let it flow out and provide a protective barrier around Rhyson and herself. She rejoiced in the benevolence of the Spirits to answer her call for aid with such abundance.

Once the others finished off the last of the catbots, she pressed her forehead to her staff and whispered a short thank you to the Spirits for their assistance. She rose to her feet and looked around surveying the scene. She was able to ascertain that her companions were all fully healed and already starting to check over the catbots for anything useful that they didn't trash in the battle. So, she turned her gaze elsewhere, the rest of the chamber, the ceiling, corners, she looked high and low, as she waited for them to finish and prepare to move onward.

(OOC: I love the Critical Hit Healing thingy. So, do you know the current MP totals for us magical people?)


Posted on 2017-04-04 at 17:26:09.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6094 Posts


Next..........

With the bots now in pieces Lum moved to pick through the remains for anything of value. As he passed Máiréad he gave her nod of gratitude for the healing.

When the bots were picked through Lum turned to follow the party over the mount of debris and on to the next event.


Posted on 2017-04-09 at 21:46:29.
Edited on 2017-04-11 at 18:58:28 by Odyson

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6294 Posts


Better late post then no post rt :)

Standing, Tomiki gave a quick scan of the area finding no more enemies and quickly did a check of himself and his gear. Though everything was quiet once more he had to speak up.

“Ok not to sound like I want to stop searching this bunker, but what the f*** have we stumbled into? First mech spiders, now robot killer cats? What the hell is this place to warrant that kind of long term sec?”

As he waited for any type of response he again did another scan of the area and the pile of trash still blocking their continued searching.


Posted on 2017-04-12 at 23:31:50.

Boo Boo
RDI Fixture
Karma: 27/1
673 Posts


Still searching.

"Ok not to sound like I want to stop searching this bunker, but what the f*** have we stumbled into? First mech spiders, now robot killer cats? What the hell is this place to warrant that kind of long term sec?”

Máiréad smirked slightly at Tomiki's outburst and didn't even pause in her search of the chamber as she responded to his inquiry.

"I imagine is must be something quite valuable to warrant such security!" She replied over her shoulder to him.

She knew Tomiki loved a good fight and a big payoff even more, so she knew that he wasn't afraid of what lie ahead. He just liked to voice his thoughts openly in most instances; she was more of remaining silent unless she had some that needed saying.

Máiréad continued her search, even glancing up to see if she could see where the catbots dropped from when they attacked.




Posted on 2017-04-13 at 09:22:39.
Edited on 2017-04-13 at 09:22:59 by Boo Boo

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6222 Posts


Which way to go

The battle was over and the cat Bots were dispatched. Lum looked them four robot with some care as these cats used a lot of power and had to be stored somewhere. Of the four, three were leaking a blue gel and were mangled up badlyi. The gel had a strange odor to it that reminded lum of the fulgin batteries they used for the blasters, but the gel did not seem corrosive at all. If the batteries were used up and then recharged, they gave off a similar scent. The last one, he was able to pull from the unit a large gel pack about the size of his hand. The blue gel sparkled and when he touched the ends of the pack, he felt a jolt of power. This is a tech that Lum has never seen or heard about before.

You continue down the corridor cautiously. As you move over the debris, you see the hall continues for a while and then you come across another pile of debris. This happens three times, each one bigger than the next but any sounds you make do not bring about any more Catbots.

Finally, you reach the end of the corridor and see another security door as you have seen before. The light above this one is green and the door opens up as you approach with a pneumatic hiss. Beyond it appears to be some sort of junction room (40x40) with doors on all four walls. The doors on the right are steel and framed in shiny metallic panels with a single button control panel on the left (elevator doors). Across from you is another sealed set of security doors with Saurian marking on it. To your left are a set of clear Plexiglas doors that are closed. The room beyond them is very brightly lit and although the marking on the doors are in Saurian, all of you recognise the universal sign for Medical or First aid.


Posted on 2017-04-21 at 12:12:22.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6294 Posts


Continuing

Tomiki, once more in the lead, led the other three of the party carefully over the junk pile moving forward. He still thought that they may have bitten off more then they could chew, however none the less he and the rest of the party would continue forth.,

As the four of them continued down the corridor on full alert everything once again seemed empty and full of debris. In the course of moving the 4 of them came across another 4 pile of debris, each one bigger than the next. However the party was lucky as none of the sounds you made, did not bring about more Catbots.

The end of this corridor reached, a security door passed through, and before the 4 of them was a (40x40) junction room with doors on all four walls. The doors on the right Tomiki could see were steel and framed in shiny metallic panels with a single button control panel on the left (elevator doors). Across from him he could see was another sealed set of security doors with Saurian marking on it. To his left Tomiki could see a set of clear Plexiglas doors that were closed. The room beyond the 4 was very brightly lit and although the marking on the were door are in Saurian, all of you recognise the universal sign for Medical or First aid.

Turning to the rest Tomiki voiced to them his pick

“I say we check the med room first. Never know what other type of robots we will next run into.”


Posted on 2017-04-23 at 15:43:09.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2302 Posts


And behind door #1 we have . . .

Rhyson moved with the group further down the hallway, crossing multiple piles of refuse as they went. Rhys could see that he was not the only one that was nervously keeping their eyes and ears open for more of the catbots as each pile felt similar to the place of their last battle. But for now, no further bots came out to play.

When they reached the end of the hallway there were more doors – no surprise. When the doors opened, the group found themselves staring at the proverbial fork in the road. Or doors in a hallway, as case may be. Behind door #1 on the left was a medical facility. Doors #2 and #3 were opaque and did not reveal their secrets beyond their outward appearances.

“I say we check the med room first. Never know what other type of robots we will next run into.” Tomiki, it seemed, wanted to check out the med unit. Rhyson was not as eager to venture into that room – med units felt like they meant disease. But in this case, it also meant an ability to see what was there before entering since there were lights on in the area. In fact, there was power throughout this complex. That alone was intriguing. Something was still going here beyond a few small catbots. He doubted the secrets were to be found in a medical unit, but it wasn’t a bad place to start. So, ok, if Tomiki wanted to go into that room, Rhyson would follow.

“Ok, Tomiki, if you want the med unit, let’s check it out. Can you see anything out of place in there before we open the doors?”

(OOC: Rhyson wants to get some information on the room before entering – is there anything to know beyond “it is a med unit?” He’d try to look from far enough away not to trigger any automatic opening sensor such as the one that opened the door for the group as they approached this crossway. Then closer. If Tomiki is checking it out he will let him. This does not need to delay the next GM post – if there is nothing notable he’d go in.)


Posted on 2017-04-23 at 20:20:04.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6094 Posts


What's Behind Door Number One..........

As Tomiki checked the med room Lum moved to the steel doors. The big man studied the doors and frame looking for triggers or traps. With two choices they would need to decide which door to try. This one may just need to be pushed open.


Posted on 2017-04-30 at 19:39:47.

Boo Boo
RDI Fixture
Karma: 27/1
673 Posts


It's something

“I say we check the med room first. Never know what other type of robots we will next run into.”

“I agree Tomiki,” Máiréad sad with a nod as she walked over to the room with the Medical symbol, “my healing ability isn't infinite, so some healing supplies would be most welcome.”

The healer seemed mesmerized by the Medical room. She walked up to the glass walls and peered within; her eyes searching the room for anything she might recognize. Her gaze was also looking for any sort of trouble as it scanned the room. Anything that might say the room was sealed for a reason, such as Quarantine or other medical emergency. She didn't want to blunder in there and expose the group to some sort of contagion.

If all seemed clear, she would approach the door and see if there was any way to open them safely. She looked over the Saurian writing to see if she could read any of it.

(OOC: Sorry my post is so lame, just having trouble right now coming up with a post that makes sense. )


Posted on 2017-05-04 at 18:25:11.
Edited on 2017-05-04 at 18:25:47 by Boo Boo

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6222 Posts


Sickbay (60x60)

The glass doors open as you approach. The ceiling (30’ up) in this room is covered in curved mirrors and light, all aimed to illuminate the centre area of the room as much as possible. The walls and floor are bright white and there are six medical beds here, three in a row on either side. A robot floats near the centre of the ceiling, a cylindrical device with many arms and instruments branching from its main body. As you enter it slowly starts to descend toward you and says in a mechanical voice, “Please state the nature of your medical emergency?”


Posted on 2017-05-09 at 15:35:09.
Edited on 2017-05-09 at 15:37:37 by Alacrity

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.