The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3982 registered users. Our newest member is xosodongnai.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Chessicfayth)Destiny Flight - QnA
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by TannTalas)Destiny's Flight
Comings and Goings - Here and there... (posted by breebles)Here and there...
Entertainment - The Witcher on Netflix (posted by TannTalas)The Witcher on Netflix
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Crisis in Chandar
Parent thread: Crisis in Chandar QA
Jump to:    1 2 3 4 5 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in Crisis in Chandar
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Mens Chaotic Evil
Price: $14.00

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Crisis in Chandar

ARRIVAL:

(For those arriving by barge)
The barge pulled into port in the logging town of Chandar around Midday on this muggy summer day in the month of Sarenith (June). Summer had only recently started and already the temperature was reaching heights unseen in years, this summer promised to be a hot, miserable, uncomfortable one.
A couple of sweaty dockhands come over to aid in unloading the cargo from the barge and offer assistance transitioning from the rocking barge platform onto the solid, stable pier beneath their feet. A shift in the light summer breeze causes the smell of the livestock pens within the towns walls to hit your nostrels, mingling with the smells of the river and the sweaty laborers. Heading for the entrance through the walls a notice catches your eyes displayed just before entering the town.

Visitors, Travelers, & Adventurers!
Chandar beseeches your aid in a matter that
threatens to disrupt our way of life and the
local economy.
Should you desire to offer assistance you
will be compensated for your time and effort.
Lodging and meals will be provided as well.
For more information please come to the barracks
and seek out Captain Jirolin Urtius of the Chandari Watch.

For some reason this plea for help piques your interest, even if just for the most selfish of reasons, and you decide you can delay reaching wherever your final destination may have been in order to help the residents of this simple town. If you ask one of the dock workers, or any other random townie for that matter, they will advise that the barracks can be found along the western wall after passing through the market square in the center of town.

(Coming from Norwood)
Even within the shady confines of Norwood the summer heat had reached the Elves, but even so you were not prepared for just how much worse it is upon stepping out of the shade and into direct sunlight. The faint breeze really only served to push the humid air over your skin, making it even more uncomfortable, but you were not going to let the weather deter you from your course. Following the packed dirt road that the loggers used for their carts you find your way to the entrance of the human settlement and come across the same notice that was posted near the dock-side entrance. Upon seeing the homes of the middle to upper class residents of this town you recall your childhood growing up in Alabaster among the humans before leaving it all behind to live in the Wilds with your own people and immediately shake loose these memories, they would be of no use to you in this endeavor. Since you were already on your way to meet with a figure of authority it seems only logical that you also seek out this Captain Jirolin. You can easily see the barracks from where you enter Chandar.

(Jirolin)
Upon reaching the barracks you find yet another copy of the posted notice pleaing for help and standing next to it is a tanned human, he is tall without being towering as he stands just under 6 feet tall, wearing a polished breastplate over an indigo tunic (which you assume is extra hot in this heat), the color of which you've noticed patrolling guards wearing. He smiles at your approach, which accents a jagged scar running from his right ear to his chin. His voice is authorative without sounding condecending or overly gruff, "Have you come regarding the Call to Action we've posted? My guards are already stretched thin and we could certainly use any help we can get."



Posted on 2018-03-05 at 12:25:39.
Edited on 2018-03-07 at 10:42:57 by Shield Wolf

Decicio
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 1/0
42 Posts


Asoel approaches the Jirolin after seeing the notice

Out of character Note: edited and expanded after seeing how the others wrote out things before the meeting. Have patience with me! I'm new to pbp and not sure what's going on.

As Asoel walked along the path towards the town, his mule accompanied him, loaded with the typical retinue of gear he’d recently been accustomed to carrying. HIs duties didn’t require them particularly of course, but Asoel preferred to be prepared. His thoughts were to his assignment.

Di akong sugo, (I’m no diplomat) he thought. Pero, dito ako (Yet here I am).

He continued this line of thought as he walked on. He certainly was no master of words, yet he had been selected. He would serve to his best of his ability, for the good of Norwood, of course. He wouldn’t have been selected if he had nothing to offer. Yet he wished there were a way to apply his more practiced skills to this mission of peace. . .

That’s when he saw the poster.

A grin came out onto his face. A call for adventurers? A threat on Chandar? That sounds more his speed

Asoel looked up at the sky to judge the time. He’d left early and arrived early. Yes, he had time. Perhaps helping out this Jirolin will give him an edge in his mission. And even if not, it at least sounds fun.

*Asoel secures his mule to a post in a manner more reminiscent to his Alabaster upbringing than his Elven heritage. Hel steps toward Jirolin, arms held in the Elven sign of peace*

Mabuhay po sa inyo!” ( “Live Great, sir!” ) “And greetings from Norwood. I am Asoel, official representative for the upcoming logging treaties. I saw your notice requesting help. My mission is one of peace, so to show the sincerity of the Norwood and start our treaties with an attitude of mutual appreciation, I wish to offer my aid. As long as this request doesn’t conflict with my official schedule, I will do all I can to help solve your problem. How might I be of service?”



Posted on 2018-03-05 at 14:27:14.
Edited on 2018-03-08 at 14:26:23 by Decicio

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2302 Posts




Kheric watched as the pier came closer.  He didn't mind boats, he'd spent a fair amount of time in a river town already, but he did prefer to have his feet on solid ground.  There was something about the opaqueness of the water that he didn't like - as if something could sneak up on you at any time.  But such things rarely happened and a boat ride down stream could make for a pleasant evening - when it wasn't blisteringly hot.  He didn't mind the heat and humidity so much, he actually disliked the cold more, something that others always found odd given his dhampir nature.  But not minding it and enjoying the sopping heat were two different things.  He wouldn't mind finding the shady inside of a tavern.  Perhaps there he could find some information about work and money.  

Sometimes you find the solution and sometimes it finds you.

Visitors, Travelers, & Adventurers!
Chandar beseeches your aid in a matter that
threatens to disrupt our way of life and the
local economy.
Should you desire to offer assistance you
will be compensated for your time and effort.
Lodging and meals will be provided as well.
For more information please come to the barracks
and seek out Captain Jirolin Urtius of the Chandari Watch.

 

It was almost as if the sign had been placed there just for him.  He read it twice hoping it might offer more details, but it didn't.  "Captain Jirolin Urtius."  Kheric wondered what he would be like.  His previous captain had seemed like a good man for some time until all of a sudden he wasn't.  How would this Jirolin match up?  There was only one way to find out.  He turned to a passing sailor and asked about the barracks.  Receiving a quick gesture and a "thata way," he followed his terse guide's information.  

As he approached the barracks he saw a man outside waiting.  Although he couldn't be certain, he had the look of a captain.  Who else would wear so much in this heat?  Then again, he wore armor as well, if lighter.  And the man had an experienced air about him as most captains and seargants do.  Well, he passed the eye test anyway.  Now to see how he reacted to Kheric based on the eye test.  An intial reaction to a dhapir could tell a lot about a man.  This man just asked if he was here about the poster.   "Have you come regarding the Call to Action we've posted? My guards are already stretched thin and we could certainly use any help we can get."

"Yes.  It doesn't say much about the threat, but I am interested."

 



Posted on 2018-03-05 at 19:07:42.
Edited on 2018-03-05 at 19:09:54 by Nomad D2

Chessicfayth
Cheshire Cad
Karma: 100/3
1143 Posts


Something Something Stinking Barges!

Yanyeeku did not care for barges. He had nothing against boats in general, or water itself. But barges were crowded, slow moving things, and being confined around so many humans just increased the risk he'd be found out.

Not that there is anything to find out, he forcefully thought to himself. The quickest way to be found out was for people to realize there was something to find. The trick was in half-believing your own story. It helped in his case that the story was even half true. After all, any fool could see by looking at him he was a moderately dark human with brown eyes. The only outstanding trait being his pale white hair, but things like that hardly registered as strange, right?

He rather hoped so. It depended on the community, really.

Yan handily disembarked, exulting some in having his freedom of movement back. Stretching a bit, he then made his way further in town. His senses being what they were, Yanyeeku had a low tolerence for docks themselves, which tended to be horrid smelling, and even worse when you could actually identify the parts of the whole stink.

He paused at the wall, a small and changing crowd drawing his attention to the poster there. Lodging and meals, eh? Worth a look. He ignored the small part of his mind telling him he'd have gone anyway. And the one laughing at the idea of stopping at a look.

After an interesting journey through the market (as journeys through the market tended to be), he found the barracks right where one of the merchants had said it would be, just along the west wall. Yan was not the only one there, but judging by the amount of people leaving, he might be the only one half-way determined to take the job. He walked up to the man he assumed was the captain. Certainly, he seemed to be the one in charge. Yan briefly noted that indigo was not a great color for people of their complexion, then politely inquired as to the poster.

Or at least he'd intended to. The captain beat him to the punch, apparently used to this if the bored, rehearsed tone behind his words was to be believed. "Have you come regarding the Call to Action we've posted? My guards are already stretched thin and we could certainly use any help we can get."

A sharp nod was Yan's answer. "Absolutely. What is it exactly that you need?"



Posted on 2018-03-06 at 00:30:04.
Edited on 2018-03-06 at 00:32:49 by Chessicfayth

Schnozzle
Ma' Nozzle
Karma: 36/0
653 Posts


Good enough.

She is true. She is loyal. She is in despair. She is in silence.

Good enough.

The barge rocked and swayed in the midday heat as Iaka prepared to disembark. His tail flicked with impatience. Beside him, the giant rat Knuckle chirruped and hissed, anxious to be rid of his saddlebags. They were standing next to a man with pale hair who seemed bothered by the stench.

Iaka breathed deep. He exhaled, and exclaimed (perhaps pointedly), "Ah. Smells like this remind me of home." He fidgeted his wedding ring with one claw, seeming to send his mind elsewhere for a moment.

The strange signs had a bit of a desperate air about them, what with being posted all over the place. It seemed several of his ship-mates had also taken notice, and were converging on a man they assumed to be this Jirolin. Well, it could make for an interesting diversion. Maybe a few worthy foes would even turn up during this little trial. And hey, free food.

The big man spoke, clearly used to his authority. "Have you come regarding the Call to Action we've posted? My guards are already stretched thin and we could certainly use any help we can get."

"Ayuh," said the Ratman, who had made a point of arriving a bit slower than the others. "Why not."



Posted on 2018-03-06 at 23:29:14.
Edited on 2018-03-07 at 00:25:20 by Schnozzle

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Off to a good start!

Giving each of you a quick look over Jirolin nods and to the surprise of a couple of you does not seem to be at all concerned with your race or choice of animal, almost as if he's used to seeing strange things. (as well he should be seeing as how Chandar is a common stopping point for people of all races, cultures, and backgrounds passing through on their way to Alabaster from Thornapple)

With the same authoratative tone he greeted you with he answers the questions, "It would seem that some unsavory types have set up shop somewhere nearby, maybe even within our walls, and are selling dangerous and highly addictive drugs.  We are not entirely sure when it started, as everyone seems to react differently.  What we do know is that several of our residents that have used the substance have had violent allergic reactions with one young woman even dying.  Others have had their behavior change, going from mild-mannered to raving lunatics, even attacking others believing them to be fiends of some kind.  Others still seem to have only mild, even minor, reactions such as their hair changing color, their fingernails growing several inches in an hour, or losing their sense of taste even." He pauses, ever so briefly, to makes sure you're absorbing the information and then continues, "My guards are stretched thin just rounding up the people who end up exhibiting destructive behavior and protected the residents from harm that we really have made no progress in determining where the drugs are coming from or who may be selling them.  I'd like you to perform an in-depth investigation to determine what you can find out and do what you can to put an end to this once and for all."

He then reaches into a belt pouch at his hip and pulls out 4 polished medallions (image below) and hands one to each of you, "These will mark you as official representatives of the guard and will afford you certain privileges within the town's walls.  Perhaps most useful of which is the fact that you will be provided with free room and board at the Two Moons just over there in the square." He points toward the central market, indicating a green roofed Inn with a painted sign depicting two crescent moons hanging above the door.  "It is there that you will be able to rest during the night, receive your meals, and attend to any other business you may need during your stay here.  Please note however that alcoholic beverages will not be provided free of charge and you will have to purchase those yourself should you choose to imbibe."  With that he gives you a small salute and asks, "Any further questions I can address?"

 

 

Medallion:

((Given that I indicated the guards all wear indigo I thought it only fitting that I do his dialogue in indigo as opposed to my usual green, and it feels further fitting that I do all OOC notation moving forward in the dark red like this.))



Posted on 2018-03-07 at 10:42:28.
Edited on 2018-03-07 at 17:08:37 by Shield Wolf

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2302 Posts


A starting point and a contact

Kheric looked around at the others in the group that sat listening to the captain.  It was not a large group nor was it composed of your run-of-the-mill humans.  Small wonder that a dhampir had not drawn the attention of the captain . . . the captain who had just finished his speech with the typical "any questions?" bit.

Kheric couldn't help but think to himself that there were far more questions then answers at this point.  They knew almost nothing about the job.  

"Captain," he started with a brief nod of his head.  "Certainly you know more then just that the drug is here.  What is it called?  How is it ingested?  What does it look like?  Having just arrived in town, as I believe have some of these others, "and at this he nodded at some of those who had shared the barge ride into town with him, "I know nothing of this problem.  Even these basic elements would be useful.  In addition, it would be helpful to have a starting point.  Could you give us the name of any known users?  Do you have any in custody at the moment?  Is there a tavern or part of town most associated with the drug?"

He paused for a moment, but before the captain could answer he added another bit to his growing list of questions.  "Also, these tokens which will allow us meals and rooms - will they also be recognized by others in town?  So that people will speak with us as representatives of the guard, but also so that those who are responsible will be able to mark us as guardsmen right away?  For that matter, is the Two Moons a guardsman's tavern?  Will staying there mark us as guardsmen?"  He wasn't actually even sure if the town was big enough that it mattered, but in most towns those on the wrong side of the law tended to know who the enforcers of the law were.  It might be to their advantage that at this point they were not yet known to those elements.   

He had more questions, for example, he thought there was some money still to be discussed, but he figured he should stop before the list got any longer.  



Posted on 2018-03-10 at 23:01:45.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts




Jirolin smiled a small and knowing smile, it seemed to him that this pale traveller may just have all the right questions and may be able to get to the bottom of the town's troubles after all.  "You'll have to forgive my temporary lapse in competence, it seems in my excitement at having so many able-bodied volunteers show up and offer to help I forgot to provide some very important information." Before continuing he reaches into a belt pouch and pulls out what appears to be a small handful of brightly colored crystals, "This is Flux or, as some are calling it, Magic Candy.  It seems there is no one way to partake in this substance as we've had users eat it just as it appears here in my hand, grind it into dust and smoke it in a pipe as one might smoke tobacco, others put the crystals into a boiling kettle and brew a potent tea, while some just inhale the vapors rising from the kettle.  We believe the various methods people use also have some impact on how they react to the drug and explains why the side effects are so varied, but we cannot be sure."

Putting the samples back into his pouch he carries on, addressing the other questions, "We do have one of the laborers from the lumber mill, Adamo Ulfa, in a holding cell here in the barracks coming down from a rather violent high, I see no reason you could not question him.  Perhaps he'd be able to provide you some information as to where and how he procured his supply.  As it were, the drug does not seem to be concentrated in any one part of town or among any specific demographic, rich and poor, young and old, the fiends peddling this poison do not discriminate with their customer base."

His right hand rises idly to the golden medallion he wears, the same stylized imagery of two ravens is strikingly similar to the medallions he handed each of you, though his is clearly of higher quality, "Any citizen of Chandar will recognize this emblem, but you need not wear it openly if you fear doing so will hamper your investigation.  You will need to present it to Wynna at the Two Moons when you decide to retire to your room or take your meals though.  As to your other concern, the Two Moons is a privately owned establishment with no direct ties to the Guard. It just so happens to be the only Inn we have here in Chandar and Wynna has agreed to set aside space for anyone willing to help the town, Desna bless her heart."

 

(( I'll wait just a little longer before we push onward in order to see if anyone else would like to address any questions, comments or concern with good Capt Jirolin.  As with the last post I am including visual references below.  I am including images for the other NPCs mentioned, just so I have images on hand. ))

Flux ^                             Adamo Ulfa ^                                  Wynna ^



Posted on 2018-03-11 at 22:48:49.
Edited on 2018-04-16 at 22:17:02 by Shield Wolf

Decicio
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 1/0
42 Posts


Asoel Intrigued

Drugs? Pushers? Mas bagay ito sa akin (Yes, this is more my style), Asoel thought to himself. Not unlike hunting a large cat; my quarry is predatious, stealthy, and best tracked by following the carnage left in its wake. His mind traveled to simpler times, to successes in the hunt, the thrill of tracking just such a predator, the adrenaline of spear versus claws. Yes, this style of diplomacy suited him better. If he was going to participate in public relations, let it be the public relations that may let him draw his spear. 

Motioning to Jirolin, Asoel requests to see the flux and examine it more closely. Trying to be careful not to subject himself to the drug, nevertheless he focuses on getting as much information as possible from it. He holds it close to his face, noting the structure, feels its hardness, notes whether it is brittle or strong, warily sniffs it, and even asks Jirolin if a tiny chip would be safe to put on the tongue and immediately spit out, since flavors are often a dynamic clue to a drug's nature.

((Note: He won't taste it though if this puts him at risk of getting high. Asoel's perception is +10, if you are rolling rather than taking 20)). 

Then, Asoel closes his eyes and ponders over his discoveries, mind flitting and making connections. He thinks over the drug in his hands, trying to tie anything at all within his knowledge to the colorful crystal. A century of lessons learned in odd jobs to save his family from financial ruin knit together, pertinent information highlighted and analyzed. Then came the insights that Asoel himself couldn't explain, the glimpses and ideas which he'd been growing to trust more as he grew older. It has always been as if Asoel had learned more life lessons than this life should have afforded him, and this ability was both his enigma and pride. Hopefully now it would be to his benefit to learn something, anything about this drug.

((Ok, so I'm just gonna list any and all knowledge and profession checks which may remotely tie to this sort of examination. Feel free to ignore anything that simply doesn't connect. I know you have my character sheet, but for simplicity all these checks are at a +4 except knowledge nature which is +8.

K nature +8, K arcana, K dungeoneering (it may be a natural underground crystal?), K Local (for if I've heard of anything similar or know of any likely suspects), K planes (demonic drugs? I know they exist in some books, so why not check?), K history (has a simillar drug been known of before?), P Herbalist, P Brewer, P Cook, P Miner, and P merchant (maybe I recognize an ingredient). If non-common profession checks are allowed, P Apothecary. Sorry for all the crazy rolls, but that's the fun of my character and his feat  If you can let me know what checks, if any, lead to any information, I'll add that to my rp in my response.))



Posted on 2018-03-13 at 14:24:08.
Edited on 2018-03-13 at 14:26:44 by Decicio

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2302 Posts


Magic Candy for all!

Kheric listened to the captain answer his questions.  The guy made a positive impression.  His answers were straightforward and to the point.  He didn't object to questions.  Good.

"This Adomo Ulfa . . . is there anything else you could tell us about him?  If we are going to interview him, it would seemhelpful to know as much as we can.  Has he been interviewd yet?  How did he ingest the drug?  What did he actually do while on his 'violent high?'  He worked at the mill - any previous problems with the law?  Any family?"  

He also took the time to examine the drug.  Colorful crystals.  'Magic candy' seemed a good name, but a curious one given that magic really did exist.  "Magic candy, captain?  Am I correct in assuming that Flux is not, in fact, magical, but rather alchemical?"



Posted on 2018-03-13 at 19:05:06.
Edited on 2018-03-13 at 19:05:47 by Nomad D2

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts




When asked to see a sample of the drug Jirolin reached back into the belt pouch he had stowed the drugs back into and pulled out one of the crystals and snapped off a small fragment and handed it to the elf. When Asoel asked if it would be safe to taste the "candy" he replied, "I would not recommend it." The texture was similar to natural forming crystals, if not somewhat granular. The crystals are transparent, allowing light to pass through much like stained glass. The ease at which Jirolin was able to break off this piece makes it clear this is not the sturdiest of substances. The fragment smells of a sweet blend of honey, cinnamon, strangely enough, bell peppers, and lavender. Despite the very natural, if not odd, smells it is very clear that this is not a naturally occuring substance, but you cannot ascertain a specific origin, be it magical, extraplanar, or alchemical. ((The Perception roll was high with a 19 on the die, but none of the other skill checks even came close except for Know (Nature) which is why you are certain it is not natural. I made checks in the following skills; Knowledge Nature, Arcana, Dungeoneering, Religion, Planes, Geography, History, and Local as well as Profession Chemist, Pharmacist, Stonecutter, Brewer, Miner, and Cook)).

Turning his attention back to the Dhampir he paused for just a moment before addressing these new questions, "Adamo has never caused any problems, he goes to the mill, does his fair share of work, and has a few drinks with his co-workers before heading back to his home in the laborer's quarter ((the slums on the map)). He's always been a quiet, if not somewhat lonely man, no family to speak of, and he's been here for at least 10 years or longer. He was on his way home from one such night of drinks, as always, when he suddenly started raving about horrible monsters and tackled a man in the street, violently slamming his head into the ground. One of my men happened to be on patrol nearby and was able to signal for assistance and 3 of my guardsmen managed to pull him off and knock him unconcious in order to get him to stop fighting and raving. The man he assaulted is still unconcious from the injuries he sustained. We have tried to interview Adamo, but he's not spoken a word since coming to in his cell, so we don't even know his preferred method of ingestion." Jirolin pauses for a brief moment, clearly thinking of the best way to answer the final question, "We are not entirely sure of the origin of the substance, whether it is a mad mage's doing, the craft of an alchemist, or if the gods themselves have decided to unleash this chaos upon us."

With a final nod Jirolin turns and heads toward the barracks door, "If you'll come with me I can lead you to Adamo and you can ask him any questions you desire, if you can get him to even speak that is." Once inside you notice the guard on "desk duty" quickly rise to his feet and salutes Jirolin, "No news to report Captain, Adamo has still not said anything and also has not bothered to eat when food has been provided." Jirolin offers no verbal response to the report, simple motioning the guardsman to return to his duties with a nod and a wave of his hand.

Leading you around a corner you find yourself in a room with several small cells for isolating those held in the jail. All but one cell stands empty, the barred doors sitting unlocked and ajar. Adamo is sitting still upon the cot in his cell, his face buried in his hands; he makes no move to acknowledge that anyone has even entered the room. The tray of bread and hard cheese that was provided to him remains untouched at the edge of his cell where it was left, it would seem as though he has no appetite, or perhaps is too guilt-stricken to even eat, you cannot be certain.

Jirolin knocks on the iron bars of the cell with his gauntletted fist and barks, "Ulfa! These folks would like a word with you about what happened last night. The sooner we get this whole mess figured out the sooner everything can go back to the way it was, so I suggest you cooperate!" Adamo still sits silent and still, again not reacting. Jirolin turns and heads back out to the barracks yard with a final, "Good luck."

((So here we are, questions answered, junkie to question, but nothing real solid to work off of.. let's see if you can convince the poor s.o.b. to speak to you.))



Posted on 2018-03-13 at 23:08:40.
Edited on 2018-03-14 at 00:21:32 by Shield Wolf

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2302 Posts


One more Q before we hit the cell

As they moved to the cell Kheric asked the captain one last question.  "I get the feeling there is no 'usually' with this drug, but how long does it usually take for someone to come out of its embrace?"  Upon hearing the answer, he realized he had yet one more.  "Has Adolfo been told about the injuries he caused the other man?"



Posted on 2018-03-14 at 20:33:18.

Decicio
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 1/0
42 Posts


If we had a one-way mirror, Asoel would be standing behind it.

Asoel was a bit disappointed but not surprised that he couldn’t determine more than the unnatural origin of the drug. His insights didn’t always kick in, and this drug seemed new and confusing enough to Jirolin that there is no reason he should have been able to find any more. But still. . .

He quietly passes on his observations to those in the room, emphasizing the strange fact that it smells natural, yet most certainly isn’t. Maybe one of the others could add insight. At this stage, Asoel doesn’t mind sharing. He doesn’t yet know personally his associates’ backgrounds or motivations, but having worked with mercenaries in the past (indeed, having been one himself), he assumed the promise of reward drew them in. Not a problem at all for him, as the reward he was after was the establishment of a bridge of peace.

As the group walked towards the cell, Asoel made up his mind that he would start, at least, just observing. Allow the others to take the lead, Asoel will observe and see if he had anything on his person or if he could read this Ulfa in a way which would reveal where to look next. Mulling over what he already knows, Asoel recommends that we use this interview to find where he purchased the drugs.

((Asoel will make perception and knowledge checks on Ulfa upon seeing him and as the others interact with him, he’ll continue to do sense motive checks. Perception and knowledge checks will be to notice any physical symptoms that could be brought about by the drug, so if you want my Heal mod is +2. I”ll also be looking for any signs, rare though they may be, that could possible lead to his whereabouts between his work and being apprehended. Once the interview commences, he’ll watch closely with sense motive, and try to quitely tell the others if he suspects him of lying.

If Ulfa is human, favored enemy kicks in. +12 perception, +4 knowledge, +4 sense motive, and aforementioned +2 heal, and +4 profession barrister just in case legal insight will help))



Posted on 2018-03-15 at 13:41:43.

Chessicfayth
Cheshire Cad
Karma: 100/3
1143 Posts


A mischevous mage's hands are never tied.

Yan didn't bother trying to hide the smirk. He had to get his little pranks in where he could. The trinket up his sleeve was entirely to useful.

 

Yanyeeku's first attempt to get a bit of the stuff to look at on his own had been a failure. The captain had noticed, and he'd had to back off. Fortunatley, the man seemed to think that he'd dropped it himself, and quickly picked it up. The second went better. Everyone was so busy watching the elf that nobody noticed a small chunk break off. Yan quickly maneuvered it into his waiting hand, wrapped around the lanternstaff he now leaned on. While they were still focused on the other, he focused on the bit of crystal, then cast what few spells he knew on the substance. Depending on how it reacted, he may have a slight edge on identifying it.

 

(((OOC: UMD check (+3) (just cuz), cast detect magic, detect poison, mending (after crushing it a bit), putrefy food and drink, followed by checks in Knowledge: Aracana (+5), Nature (+5), and Planes(+5))))

 

(((OOC again: A bit of back post, sorry that I'm late. If anything relevant comes up, I'll inform the group shortly.)))

 

 



Posted on 2018-03-15 at 21:14:38.
Edited on 2018-03-15 at 21:25:09 by Chessicfayth

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts




Jirolin paused on his way out as more questions came his way, "The people we've had to detain in the past have usually come out of it by morning, Adamo is more the exception than the norm as he still has not stirred like those before him.  The others woke in the morning confused as to why they were in a cell, wanted to go home, and were released as long as they appeared to pose no threat to themselves or others.  I personally tried to question Adamo about the assault, so I can assure you he has been made aware of what he did last night and the extent of the injuries he inflicted on Daeron." 

The white haired man ((Chessic's character, just so it's clear)) who had remained silent before finally spoke up, deciding to take this opportunity as well to ask a question, "In addition to how long you've held him here, can you estimate how long since his last dose?"  Jirolin replied, "He's been in that cell since just after Midnight, and from what we do know we assume he took his last dose at the tavern sometimes between 8:00 and 11:00 as most people can take anywhere from one to four hours for the drug to take affect.  Now if you'll excuse me, I really must get back to work."  With that he turned back around to leave and was gone.



Posted on 2018-03-15 at 22:02:49.
Edited on 2018-03-19 at 21:56:33 by Shield Wolf

   
Jump to:    1 2 3 4 5 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.