The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4000 registered users. Our newest member is bradwalsh.
Online members: Bromern Sal
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Alacrity)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Related thread: LBW Blacktooth Ridge Q&A
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6   
    Messages in LBW Blacktooth Ridge
RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00

wordcandy70
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
20 Posts


SPIDERS?

Ghilberti is cautious about spiders  He once was forced to sleep in a dark cave where there were hundreds of them creeping around and it scarred him for life. He gets out the components to change into a bear, confident a bear would simply scare a spider (he's not sure about this, but it makes sense to him), and prepares to do so if one appears. He then suggests that he take the lead and carefully walks around the web trying to avoid it and walks further down the path. Tippy Toes being employed.



Posted on 2019-08-16 at 14:59:40.

karifur
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
20 Posts


Well alright then

Though it was only a short time ago, Loradove felt as though several days had passed since the encounter with the goblins. She almost couldn't remember what they were even doing. When Ghilberti suggested he take the lead, she almost didn't hear him. She shook her head to clear the cobwebs and looked around, surprised to see they were surrounded by actual cobwebs.

She spoke in her usual cheerful tone, but kept the volume fairly low, just in case someone (or something) was nearby, aiming to be audible only to her companions. "Sorry G, I guess I zoned out for a minute there! Well this doesn't look too promising, does it!? If you want to go first then I'm sure not going to stop you!" Loradove was almost tempted to cut open the web and see if there was anything useful in the hut, but she thought better of it. She readied her bow,* prepared to shoot any enemies that might appear. Following the tortle, Loradove also stepped carefully, doing her best to avoid the webs as she walked and keeping her bow at the ready. As they proceeded up the path, she continued to look around for any objects or creatures on the ground or in the web. 

After a few steps, she turned to address Galydan in her best impression of a whisper. "You coming, G?"

___________

* [her original bow with her own arrow, not the goblin ones]



Posted on 2019-08-23 at 18:19:36.

Talynthar
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
21 Posts


Careful

Galydan nodded "Yep I'm coming," he said quietly. He followed his companions carefully so as not to disrupt the webs.

Galydan also prior to leaving all the items spent a small bit of time meditating with the items and casting detect magic to see if he sensed anything magical from any of them or from the goblins themselves. He also couldn't help but take a glance at his two companions to see if he noticed any signs of magical equipment on either of them.



Posted on 2019-08-28 at 23:14:13.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2377 Posts


Spider Spawning

Before leaving the hut and moving up the road Galydan cast  detect magic on the items they had acquired from the goblins, but it appeared that a few coppers was the extent of their wealth.  Nothing around showed as magical.

When the group approached the web covered hut they moved quietly and cautiously.  It seemed none of them were interested in finding out if there really were any spiders around.  Finding that something had conveinently cut a path through the webs that had once blocked the path, Ghiberti attempted to lead them quietly forward.  The rest followed his lead and moved slowly up the path.  Passing the front door Loradove thought she might have seen some movement in the webs covering the entrance.  Maybe.  When she tried to look closer everything was still.  And silent.  Nothing seemed to move except the little gnome who quickly decided against investigating closer.  

The team eased past the silent hut and up the path, crossing through the webbed zone without sight of anything.  Keeping a close eye on the  surrounding rocks and brush they didn't breath easily until they had reached the next switchback.  Even then as they turned back in the direction they had come from and continued upwards they knew they were approaching the hut again from above.  At the next turning they could look down on the top of the webs about 70 feet below them.  Nothing moved but the webs seemed to extend back into the brush behind the hut.  

Quickly moving on and putting more distance between them selves and the hut they made short work of the rest of the road up the ridge.  Eventually they reached the last turning of the road and saw it head upwards towards a gap in the top of the ridge.  The road seemed to crest about 300 or so yards in front of them and descend out of their view.  Through the gap the only thing visible was sky.  Closer to the party, however, was the tower that they had caught glimpses of on their way up.  It was about 150 feet ahead of them and about 30 feet to the right side of the road.  It was about 40 feet tall. Or at least it had been when it was in good condition which it certainly was not anymore.  The top of the tower was crumbling and the entire thing appeared to be crumbling and on the verge of falling down.  There was one entrance - a doorway at the base that showed no sign of a door.  Throught the open gap little could be seen due to the shadows, but collapsed wood seemed possible.  The area around the tower was stone and did not look likely to give any sign of footprints or others signs of passage.  



Posted on 2019-09-05 at 19:15:53.

Talynthar
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
21 Posts


The Tower

Galydan approached the tower slowly. "I'm gonna check in here." he said as he slowly peaked in the doorway.



Posted on 2019-09-08 at 12:43:33.

wordcandy70
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
20 Posts




Ghilberti shushes Loradive, watches Galydon to see what he reacts to, and is preparing to strike with his staff....



Posted on 2019-09-23 at 19:17:09.

karifur
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
20 Posts


What did I do?

Loradove was momentarily offended at Ghilberti shushing her before she even said anything, but she had to admit that he was probably right to do so. If any of the party were going to give away their position or otherwise cause a disturbance by making too much noise, it would be her. She nodded her head begrudgingly and looked around.

Eager for more adventure, Loradove carefully investigated the area for any sign of enemies or anything worthy of further examination. She was rather hoping to spot a cave or secret doorway or... well, anything else besides rocks and dirt. She made sure her dagger was within easy reach in case she needed to draw it quickly to deal with a surprise threat.

As she walked around the area, she took care not to touch the crumbling tower because she definitely didn't want it to collapse on Galydan as he was looking inside. 



Posted on 2019-09-24 at 10:43:40.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2377 Posts


Flock of Seagulls. Well, not quite.

Galydan leaned into the doorway of the ruined tower to get a look around.  It took a moment for his eyes to adjust ot the light and the first thing he noticed was that the building was as crumbling on the inside as it was on the outside.   Whatever upper floors had once existed now were simply rotten timbers at this feet.  Only a small shelf of the third floor seemed to remain in place.  Stairs once wound their way around the tower, but the bottom half was gone - they started a good 15' above the ground.  Even at a glance Galydan could tell that the reliability of what remained was uncertain.  

But he didn't focus on the rubble for long - movement quickly caught his eye.  In the higher reaches several things wre flying around.  At first glance they looked like bats, but the mosquito like probiscis quickly ended that possibility.  They were roughly the size of a good sized raven.  And they were diving towards the wizard he couldn't get a good count.  Three or four for sure, maybe more.  The thought, "I ran so far away" came to mind as the flock descended.  

 



Posted on 2019-10-05 at 11:39:08.

wordcandy70
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
20 Posts


Swing and a...

Watching for a reaction from Galydon seemed like a bad idea. He's a wizard, thinks Ghilberti.I should be leading the way. He pops into the tower ready to take on whatever approaches, staff in hand. If he can, Ghilberti moves in front of Galydan to protect him.



Posted on 2019-10-12 at 21:51:18.

karifur
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
20 Posts


I love that song

Loradove heard the commotion and bounced over to the tower to join her companions. She saw Ghilberti move in front of Galydan, and peered up into the tower to see what the fuss was about. With her keen eyes and darkvision, she quickly recognized these as stirges and prepared for battle.

"HEY G's," she said, nocking an arrow and taking aim at the nearest of the monsters. "I DON'T THINK THOSE CRITTERS ARE COMING TO MAKE FRIENDS."

Having encountered these flying beasts before, she knew they needed to take down as many as possible before the swarm reached them, so she shot her arrow at the first and quickly prepared to shoot another. 

"IF EITHER OF YOU KNOW A SPELL TO TAKE DOWN A LOT AT ONCE, THIS WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO USE IT."



Posted on 2019-10-15 at 22:58:22.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.