The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3858 registered users. Our newest member is websoikeo68.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - An Annoying Concern (posted by dragon-soul92)An Annoying Concern
Recruitment Threads - Trilogy restart recruitment. (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy restart recrui...
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by dragon-soul92)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Nomad D2)LLE - WoT Game
Comings and Goings - Hello! (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Hello!
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Related thread: LBW Blacktooth Ridge Q&A
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2   
    Messages in LBW Blacktooth Ridge
RDI T-shirts!

Womens Chaotic Evil
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Mens
Price: $14.00

Talynthar
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
6 Posts


Curious

Galydan listened and when an opportunity came he waved the barmade over. "Say where could we find Mrs. Molkien? I'm concerned about her boys and would like some information to try and help her out. Also what is this witch king the folk are talking about?" he asked her hoping for some leads to follow.



Posted on 2018-11-03 at 21:26:00.

wordcandy70
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
6 Posts


Ghilberti Nods in agreement

Ghilberti nods with Galydan's first questions, and in a low voice, just above the din of the tavern, says to Galyden, "Those Molkin kids seem to be our best lead. I've heard too many stories about Witch Queens and Kings in the past to put much faith in any of those rumors." 

And then, to Ortolf, "Thank you for the information. How will I know the Sheriff? Is he here now?"  



Posted on 2018-11-04 at 10:02:17.

karifur
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
5 Posts


Loradove pipes up

Loradove eats her stew and listens as Galydan and Ghilberti speak. Upon hearing Ghilberti ask about the Sheriff she shouts "MPHM WHA AH MPHM..." then pauses as she notices a few nearby people glancing in her direction. Realizing she might be speaking a bit too loudly and also still has a mouth full of food, she quickly chews and swallows, then lowers her voice. "I agree with Galydan, I am worried about these missing children also! I would be devastated if any of my family went missing, I can only imagine how Mrs. Molkin must be feeling with TWO of her children missing!! Horrifying!! We definitely must help her find them! She must be completely beside herself with grief and worry! Where may we find this lady? We should speak to her as soon as possible! AND THE KEEP! COULD THEY... I mean," she said more quietly, realizing that she has begun shouting again, "this 'unpredictable' youngin sounds suspicious! Could they be involved in all of this somehow? I suppose the sheriff is probably a better place to start than the keep anyway but of course we need to talk to Mrs. Molkin too!"

Then she begins to scarf down her stew and cider as quickly as she is able, in anticipation of a quick departure.



Posted on 2018-11-04 at 10:39:02.

wordcandy70
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
6 Posts


Yuck

Although he ducks, food from Lovadora's mouth lands on Ghlberti's arm. She stares at Lovadora, reaches across the table to get Lovadora's napkin, and makes a display of wiping the food off his arm. He then says, "Manners, gnome, are something everyone can excel at. If you try."



Posted on 2018-11-04 at 12:31:25.

karifur
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
5 Posts


Oops

Loradove follows Ghilberti's movement with her eyes as he slowly grabs her napkin and wipes his arm. Upon hearing his admonishment, she smiles sheepishly and mumbles "I'm terribly sorry," though with her mouth still full of stew it probably sounded more like "Mmm trrblee furry".



Posted on 2018-11-05 at 09:33:13.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2183 Posts


Molkin Twins, Sherrifs and the Keep

While numerous things were heard while the group ate their meals, the topic of the molkin twins and the Witch King seemed to have drawn the most attention.  When the barmaid returns Galydon asks, "Say where could we find Mrs. Molkien? I'm concerned about her boys and would like some information to try and help her out. Also what is this witch king the folk are talking about?" 

At first the barmaid seems a bit surprised by the question - it isn't the sort she is used to getting unless someone is deep in their cup. "Well, the 'Witch King' is just another title for the Horned One - here's hopin' he hasn't returned or this may truly be the Barren Woods again.  But I doubt it.  He has been gone a century or more."  She paused briefly to consider the request for information on Mrs. Molkin, apparently trying to decide if the poor woman would want 6 such unusual strangers showing up on her doorstep.  But after only a brief pause she nodded slightly and continued.  "Mrs. Molkin is the mother of the two twins that have gone missing.  It's been awhile.  If you intend her harm or cause her grief you will find much of this town after you.  But I suspect she'd take any help she can get at this point, so I'll send you to her if that is your intent."  She looked at the group and getting a bit of a nod that she interpreted as meaning that your intentions were good, she offered assistance.  "She lives a couple of blocks South of here near the edge of town.  There is still time to see her tonight, I'd think.  Or in the morning.  I can have my sister Elaida show you the way in a bit.  But she is busy at the moment."

In response to the questions about the Sherrif, Ortolf points towards the front of the inn where the doors have recently closed behind a man who has just entered.  "That there is Erhardt.  He ain't the sherrif, but is part of the local militia and frequently gets called on by the sherrif for help.  He's as close to a deputy as the sherrif has - he and Weslin.  I'd talk to him."  The man indicated is about 5'10" with short brown hair and looks exactly like you would expect a woodsman to look, except for the studded leather armor he wears and paired short swords at his waist.  He noticed Ortolf's gesture and raises an eye in question.  When Ortolf waves him over he approaches and smiles as he says, "Ortolf, you sit here in the midst of your lair surrounded by an usual group of strangers.  What innocents have fallen victim to the sludge this time?"

Ortolf grinned as he raised his mug.  "People with more discerning tastes then you, Erhardt!  The Kaiserin Bock is too good for your like!"  Lowering his mug he nods towards the tortle and the others.   "These unusual strangers were wondering about recent events and troubles."  He seemed to be waitng for the rest of you to fill in the details.   

 



Posted on 2018-11-12 at 19:37:07.

karifur
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
5 Posts


There was a long pause

Loradove polished off the rest of her stew and washed it down with some cider, then made a point of picking up her napkin and waved it around a bit before wiping her mouth with it, jsut to be sure Ghilberti had seen her use it. Remembering her earlier outbursts and the ensuing stares, she decided it would be best to let others speak before she did. She listened as Ortolf and the sheriff traded banter. She waited for what felt like days, but no one replied so she took it upon herself. A gnome can only be quiet for so long.

"Good evening sir! Since arriving we have heard that some young boys have recently gone missing! This is terrible news! We feel awful for their poor mother and would like to help! What do you know about the boys and this incident as well? Can you tell us anything else that might be helpful to us before we speak to their mother? Have any other children gone missing recently? How can we help? WE MUST... *ahem*," she cleared her throat, realizing that she had begun to shout again, and continued more quietly "I mean, we must know as much as possible if we are going to help bring these boys home."



Posted on 2018-11-15 at 20:20:53.

wordcandy70
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
6 Posts


A Conversation A Bit Too Loud

Ghilberti stands up to shake Erhardt's hand. This time when he speaks he speaks louder than necessary, not yelling mind you, but just loud enough so that anyone in the tavern could hear him if they had wanted to. "It's good to meet you, sir. As my friend, the gnome here, has said my comrades and I are here because of the troubles we share regarding unwanted visitors, the kind with intents that are best only whispered about in a tavern. We hope to help rid you of the menace that surrounds us in these times, to give them a good fight, and rid us of this dangerous pack of hoodlems. Where was the last place those poor, unfortunate twins were seen? And, for what it is worth, where were these goblins last seen?"



Posted on 2018-11-17 at 08:34:08.

Talynthar
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
6 Posts


Delicious

Galydan nodded, "that would be most appreciated if your sister has the time." He listened to the others waiting to hear what Erhardt would say as he finished his stew wiping his mouth and passing the empty bowl to the barmade and thanking her again as she passed by the table. "My compliments to the chef," he said nodding with appreciation.



Posted on 2018-11-17 at 18:03:29.
Edited on 2018-11-17 at 18:03:57 by Talynthar

MrsS
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
5 Posts


Bogart

Bogart being the quiet giant of the group sat back and slowly ate his stew while listening and observing all the conversation. He chuckeled to himself at Loradove's increasing loudness and her trying to keep it in check.

"This, Erhardt, the sheiriff's deputy, seems nice enough, it will be interesing to hear what he has to say about the boys." Bogart thought to himself, "I wondering if it is only human's that the goblin's are targeting?"



Posted on 2018-11-24 at 12:18:04.

Piq
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
3 Posts


Wallflower

Piq never one for sustained tuber talk faded back into the background.  While he couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for Mrs. Molekin he wondered to himself if they had really been taken, just gotten lost or on purpose wandered away having heard enough tuber talk to last a lifetime.  That's what Piq would have done.  In any case Piqs mind began to wander dreaming of all the exciting things he might see and that might just be laying around forgotten.  Well Mrs Molekin probably had a use for most of her things but perhaps the boys had left some clues that a little 'searching' might turn up.  Oh and the Baron probably had all kinds of things just laying around.  The rich did tend to 'lose' track of things all the time.  Piq wondered where the group would head to next.  He hoped it wouldn't take them too long to decide.  There wasn't anything interesting left to do here if you weren't interested in vegetables.



Posted on 2018-11-28 at 09:11:37.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2183 Posts


The deputy speaks

 

Erhardt smiled at the gnome’s high-pitched desire to help and nodded at the tortle’s questions.  “Those are certainly a lot of questions and it seems the good people of Botkinburg could use a little assistance.”  At this point he paused for a minute to glance at each member of the group in turn.  “You are quite the group.  Eclectic is hardly the word for it.   Was it just stories of our troubles that brought you?  I had not heard that news of them had traveled that far.”  While this last was a statement, it was spoken almost as if it were a question.  “And who do I have the honor of addressing?” 

(Assuming brief introductions are given.)

After the brief introductions he grabbed a chair and spun it around so that he was sitting in it backwards, with his hands resting on the chair back.  “Well, welcome to Botkinburg.  As you seem to have heard, we have experienced some trouble with raids recently.  Some we are fairly confident are goblin related – people in caravans that were attacked have reported seeing goblins.  Other times, like with the twins, there were no witnesses and we can only speculate.  Given the other attacks the goblin-theory seems likely, but of course, that is no guarantee.”  He seemed to consider things as he continued.  “Still, I’d be surprised if the goblins weren’t at least involved.”

Just as he seemed about to get to your more specific questions a pint of something showed up for him.  It seemed that despite his earlier comments about Ortolf’s sludge, he was willing to drink it. He continued, “the most recent attack?  Well, that would be the twins if you believe that was goblin related.  Prior to that there was a caravan coming down from Ludensheim to the North about 2 ½ weeks ago that was hit.  Goblins for sure at that one.  They took pretty much everything.  One person escaped. We found a battle scene and plenty of blood, but nothing else. Not a wagon, horse or body.  There have been a few other attacks of sorts.  Hunters attacked.  Missing cattle.  Caravans that don’t arrive.   Outlying farms burned.  Casualties have been few, but have happened.  People are scared.  The most recent, as I said, was the Molkin twins. They have some land just South of the town.  Supposedly they went out to bring in the herd, just a small group of 6 cows, in the early evening when everyone does so.  We don’t typically leave the cattle out at night, especially recently.  They went out and never came back.  The cows were still in the field.  There really wasn’t much evidence.  There were likely some tracks on the edge of the field going into the woods.  Probably a bit small for the twins – they are decent sized lads.  They don’t go anywhere that I could follow.  And no sign of a struggle.  Although, given the fact that cows had been wandering the field that could be hard to tell.  No blood anyway.  And no sign of the twins since.  Nothing.  Their poor mother is beside herself.  I’d love it if you could help them, but I don’t have a lot of suggestions to offer on where to go.  The ridge is filled with old ruins and dungeons.  Any of them could likely hide a band or six of goblins.  We are always looking for better information about the ridge, but that also means we don’t have much.”

With that he took a big drink of the sludge and grimaced at Ortolf.  “Nope.  It hasn’t gotten any better.  And your going to charge me for this crap? Your just lucky there isn’t another tavern around here I can fit into.”

Ortolf gave a mocked shocked and offended look and announced, “You’ll pay just as you do every night you come in and drink that fine beverage!” 

Ignoring the tavern owner, Erhardt turns back to the group.  “Sorry I don’t have much more information, but we just don’t know much.  Raids are happening, but we don’t have the manpower to go out looking for them.  But if you can do so I think you’d find many around here grateful – for destroying the things or even just for information on what is out there.”

(Feel free to ask more questions.  If desired Elaida can take you to Mrs. Molkin’s place.) 



Posted on 2018-12-01 at 17:41:41.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.