The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4003 registered users. Our newest member is tomejohn.
Online members: t_catt11, Raven, Eol Fefalas, Reralae, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny's Flight
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Guiding Light
Related thread: The Guiding Light Recruitment Thread (formerly known as A New D&D game - players needed)
Related thread: The Guiding Light Q&A
GM for this game: t_catt11
Players for this game: Vanadia, Brianna, YeOlde
This game is complete.
    Messages in The Guiding Light
RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Awesome
Price: $20.00



RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Mens
Price: $14.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Valendara at the seashore.

Val quite enjoyed the trip but was ready for it to end too. THeir destination was approching. She looked at the tower closely studying it while hte Captain manuvered his ship towrds shore. Upon heraing why she quite agreed with his logic and when the time came to disembark she thank him politie for the trip and took care while getting into the rowboat.

Val had a few concerns about the transfer from the rocking ship to the boat but with carely thought movements, keeping aware of her surroundings, and her natural elven grace, the disembarking went quite well. The last thing she wanted to do was end up in the sea and have to walk along dripping wet. Even of more concern was risking her precious spell book even though it was well wrapped in oil skin and sealed with wax.

Once on shore Val made her way with the rest letting the fighters lead the way. She found that despite her diniuyative size which was usually a handicap, she had an easier time over the sand since she didn't sink in so far.

When challanged by creature who had stooed out of the brush she stops and waits with the others thought she say says softly in sylvari, "I don't think this is as it should be."


Posted on 2007-10-18 at 19:10:23.
Edited on 2007-10-22 at 17:52:51 by Brianna

Vanadia
Den Mother
RDI Staff
Karma: 111/12
1188 Posts


On land again

En’Aranthea gazed at the captain a moment before looking down at the coins in her gauntleted hand. When she realized her error, her cheeks and eartips coloured rosily, ad she gave the captain a rueful look.

“It is still astonishing to me that the face of a ruler on a coin may make such a difference in it’s value, but I am a stranger to these parts and its ways. Forgive my clumsy attempt to save our meager coin against the days ahead, I meant no disrespect.”

The arrangements for the horses were made quickly enough, and En’Aranthea was glad enough to spare the younger siblings the journey. They would have not been comfortable on ship, nor within the treacherous confines of a swamp.

On board, En’Aranthea enjoyed the seaspray on her face, and used her fighter’s training to find a way of balancing against the ship’s swaying movement as Varuna began to play a tune upon his flute. En’Aranthea listened a moment, and noted that it was similar to an old song about the courtship of Kith-jora and Cardista, goddess of the sea. She waited until Varuna reached the bridge of his tune, then joined in, singing of the two immortal lovers in Sylvari.

When the time came, she thanked the captain and stepped carefully into the rowboat with the sullen Tod. Once upon land, she took the lead to head towards the lighthouse, picking her way carefully from seemingly solid foothold to the next.

When the javelin landed at her feet, En’Aranthea stopped immediately, and her sword seemed to appear in her hands, so quickly was it drawn, though pointed downwards. She did not begin her battle-song, however, waiting to see what would happen next. She knew that the party would be clearly seen for a distance, therefore, the javelin’s aim was warning, not attack.

The sla’kar stepped out to face the party, it’s pose similarly ready, but not immediately threatening. En’Aranthea guessed that others waited hidden, javelins at the ready, should the party make the wrong move. En’Aranthea held up a hand to still Valendara’s commentary, and forestall any attack from the others.

“We are seeking a path to the lighthouse beyond you; our ship could get no closer in safety. We mean you no harm, nor do we seek to trespass on your lands, “she stated quietly and calmly.


Posted on 2007-10-22 at 16:37:57.

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 359/54
6726 Posts


negotiations?

12th Pfier (Fallday), 452 E.R.
Wilderness north of Crall's Shoal, western Antaron

The sla'kar regards the party with an unreadable expression for several moments before speaking. "You sspeak truth," it states in a lisping accent. "Came on sship."

It pauses for a moment, almost thoughtfully, before retrieving the thrown javelin from the earth. "Keeperss of the lighthousse have been misssing for one full moon and half of another. Other humanss build tower, firess, kill wariorss." With this last statement, her disposition shifts toward angriness.

The sla'kar fixes En'Aranthea with a reptilian stare. "Beware, ssylvari. Dirty humanss patrol often, keep watch, esspecially around tower. Sstrong wariorss they are, ruthlesss."







Posted on 2007-10-22 at 16:57:02.
Edited on 2007-10-24 at 14:30:48 by t_catt11

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The Sla'kar...

As he played the tune on his flute, Varuna was surprised when El’Aranthea joined in with words which seemed to fit the tune he was playing. He didn’t remember the name of this tune, or if he had heard the words before, but the sound of El’Aranthea’s voice overshadowed his music. Her singing didn’t require music, in fact it sounded as if it had it’s own music floating through the air carrying the words to the ears of the listeners. Varuna didn’t speak or understand Sylvari all that much, having been raised by humans and learning only a little Syl now and then; but he did pick up enough of her words to understand that it was a love ballad and it had something to do with the sea.

When the music ended he put down his flute and applauded her singing, “Marvelous! Simply Marvelous!” his voice filled with awe and admiration.

Varuna understood the Captains hesitation in approaching the shore, and when they left the ship he thanked the Captain and prayed to the Goddess to grant them a safe trip home. When they had to get out of the boat into the water he takes his pack out of the boat and rests it on his head. Balancing the pack with one hand as he gathered up the hem of his robe trying to keep it from getting too soaked.

Upon shore he straps his pack back on his back and checking his gear and weapons to ensure they are in their proper place, he heads off after the others letting the warriors lead the way. Varuna had no delusions about fighting, he could fight and indeed he never ran from a fight when it was necessary, but the Goddess demanded that he not take a life unless it was unavoidable.

When the javelin landed in the ground ahead of the group, he stopped and looked around the area searching for any attack. He was glad when a single Sla’kar stepped out and told them to halt. It was a good sign; the javelin could have been sticking into one of them and if a sla’kar wanted to talk it was unusual.

When challanged by creature who had stooed out of the brush she stops and waits with the others thought she say says softly in sylvari, "I don't think this is as it should be."
While Varuna only caught a part of what Val said he understood that she didn’t think things were right, well he couldn’t disagree there. He didn’t reach for any weapons, he only kept his hands at his sides in plain view, but he flexed his fingers slightly to loosen them up, just in case he needed to cast something.

“We are seeking a path to the lighthouse beyond you; our ship could get no closer in safety. We mean you no harm, nor do we seek to trespass on your lands, “she stated quietly and calmly.
He listened to El’Aranthea speak softly to the Sylvari, and nodded his head slightly; while she was a warrior she was also a statesman, and seemed to know what to say and how to say it.

The sla'kar regards the party with an unreadable expression for several moments before speaking. "You sspeak truth," it states in a lisping accent. "Came on sship."

It pauses for a moment, almost thoughtfully, before retrieving the thrown javelin from the earth. "Keeperss of the lighthousse have been misssing for one full moon and half of another. Other humanss build tower, firess, kill wariorss." With this last statement, her disposition shifts toward angriness.

The sla'kar fixes En'Aranthea with a reptilian stare. "Beware, ssylvari. Dirty humanss patrol often, keep watch, esspecially around tower. Sstrong wariorss they are, ruthlesss."

He relaxed a bit as the Sla’kar spoke, it seemed to be offering them information on their quest, and it’s last statement spoke of an opportunity of passage. He stepped forward slowly to stand next to El’Aranthea, he raised his hands in front of him to show he held no weapons. Continuing to raise his hands he made a gesture in the air with both hands, looking as if he were offering a invisible gift to the sla’kar; a gesture that he had learned in one of his visits to the lands of the sla’kar when he was doing missionary work for his temple. The gesture as a friendly greeting among their kind, one that would speak to them that he knew their ways.

“Ke’molsss ta nalzzzz” He spoke with a greeting, one of only a few phrases in their tongue that he could remember; a greeting in which, loosely translated, meant ‘swamp friend’.

“As the Lady has said, we mean you no harm Noble Warrioress,” he continued in his normal tougue; acknowledging the fact that he knew her people enough to recognize her as a female. “Our mission is to seek out those who have been causing trouble at the lighthouse and if they are the same dirty humans who have harmed your people, then they are our enemies as well.”

He gestured slightly at the others with him, “If you will grant us safe passage to the lighthouse and back out again, then we will do what we can to stop those in the tower who have killed your warriors and intrude upon your great swamp.”

While he waited for her response, he tried to project a calm aura around him, nothing magical, just his faith in the will of the Goddess and his desire to do good.


Posted on 2007-10-23 at 00:14:28.
Edited on 2007-10-23 at 00:15:57 by YeOlde

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6404 Posts


A Paladin ready to Fight

Tal and Dog had been for the most part quiet throughout the trip to the area of the lighthouse. In the Paladin’s mind there really had been nothing to say as they all knew where it was they were heading.

Then finally they were back on land and moving towards this so called lighthouse Tal’s hand resting lightly on the hilt of the sword at his side. Then without warning a javelin appeared as if by magic in front of all and the sword was quickly to his hand, his shield raised in readiness.

"You will halt!" a voice called out in oddly accented Apanonese.

From the brush in front of them the owner of the yell stepped out and revealed itself to be a brown-scaled sla'kar. Standing shy of six feet tall, Tal could see that it carried a shield made of some sort of hide on its left arm, and was wearing a blade of some variety on a belt around its waist. It was that simple fact of the weapon sheathed and not held that stopped the Paladin’s reactive attack and a command of ‘hold’ to check the War Dog‘s lunge.

As was the norm for the moment Tal would remain on guard and allow the others to do the talking.


Posted on 2007-10-23 at 18:55:11.
Edited on 2007-10-23 at 18:56:53 by TannTalas

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 359/54
6726 Posts


soft words

12th Pfier (Fallday), 452 E.R.
Wilderness north of Crall's Shoal, western Antaron

The sla'kar seems quite impressed by Varuna's attempt to use her tongue. "You sspeak well for drylander," she states to the cleric. "Go, kill dirty humanss. May Sshe who Always Ssteps on Sstones guide your path."

She then reaches to her side and draws a long knife. The reptilian creature turns the weapon around, and holding it by the blade, offers the pommel to Varuna.

Assuming he accepts the gift...
Without another word, the sla'kar dives into the trench off to the right of the path, and disappears beneath the water. Momentarily, you are once again alone.

********************

The going thruhg the swamp is not terribly difficult, but the winding trails keep you from making as much progress as you might otherwise hope. Finally, near dusk, you find the swampy ground giving way to sand and patches of tall grass. You proceed in the general direction of the lighthouse when suddenly, two men in ragged clothing step out from behind a tree.

Spotting you, one of them lets out a shout, and they both break in opposite directions. As they run, they each loose crossbow bolts at you, one of which nicks Tal'Anor!






Posted on 2007-10-24 at 14:36:09.
Edited on 2007-10-26 at 18:05:13 by t_catt11

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Val

Val's first instinct is to dive for cover, reason has her steeping behind behind one fore-front fighters in in her party. Magic was great but it ran out fast, so for know she used physical weapopns to aid in the fightshe would just keep out of the way of the fighters. The few offenssive spells she had she would save. The only ranged spells she had were Magic Missiles, Flare and Sleep that might really affect opponents.

For now she would save her spells and keep herself hidden from their opponents by ducking behind whatever cover she could find. SHe had to let the fighter and the Paladin have to opportunity to fight without worrying about her. So she steps behind one of the fighters and then drops low to the ground to minimize her exposer as a target. It may not be heroic, but she was not a fighter. and had not armor, she was being a practical as she could be in this situation--stay alive to use her spells when they might make a difference.


Posted on 2007-10-24 at 21:12:40.
Edited on 2007-10-27 at 05:32:38 by Brianna

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The Cleric....

Varuna bows his head slightly to the Sla'kar when she grants them passage through the swamp, "Many Thanks, we will rid the tower of these vermin."

When she withdrew a knife and offered it to him he paused and almost didn’t accept it, but he knew how easily these people could take offense so he took the dagger gently by the pommel.

“You are most generous, Thank you!” He said as he noted the fine workmanship of the knife, it’s dull gray blade looked like stone but looked as sharp as steel but much lighter.

As the Sla’kar turned to leave he said his goodbye, “And may She who birthed all people protect and heal you.”

He looked at the knife once more before taking out a cloth from his bag, wrapped the knife in it and tucked it away in his backpack.

Looking at the others he smiled slightly, “Guess we are free to proceed to the lighthouse now, I don’t think they will bother us any further.”

As they walked through the swamp he often mumbled prayers to the Sacred Mother for guidance on this quest. He knew she would not steer him wrong.

---


As they start to leave the swamp he is grateful, he doesn’t much care for the muck and filth, and he is glad to see drier land ahead. When they emerge on the land he smiles, they shouldn’t be far from the lighthouse he thinks.

Suddenly he catches sight of movement as the dirty, raggedly dressed men step out into view just ahead. He thinks at first that maybe they two are lost or possible men who escaped from whatever is happening at the lighthouse. But when one of the men shouts and they take off running and firing crossbows back at them, he knows that these are the enemy.

He doesn’t seem as surprised as the others, and seeing them split up he decides to take action. His hand quickly reaches into his belt pouch and pulls out a iron nail with his right hand as his left goes to the little Golden thorn-less rose symbol hanging around his neck. A quick prayer escapes his lips as he points the nail at the man closest to them as he silently asks the Sacred Mother to stop their attacker in his tracks.

He figures if they can question one of them they might find out what is going on and therefore prevent further bloodshed. He knows that the warriors would only charge after the men and more than likely kill them before they could talk to them. Warriors were often too impulsive.

(OOC: Hold person on one target only. If successful, he will shout to the party the following…… )

“Don’t attack that one, I have him.” He shouts quickly to keep anyone from killing him.


Posted on 2007-10-25 at 23:41:23.

Vanadia
Den Mother
RDI Staff
Karma: 111/12
1188 Posts


Enough with the surprise attacks already!

When the Sla'kar granted them passage and let them know of the other humans in the area, En'Aranthea nodded her thanks, but let Varuna take the lead in further discussions. She might have envied his facility for picking up phrases in other languages, but her teacher had told her that Kith-Jora had many gifts to share, and no-one received them all.

The Sla'kar surprised her with the gift to Varuna, and when the reptilian warrior made to leave, En'Aranthea gave her a full bladesinger salute, sword whistling through the air as she pointed it's tip at the sky then the four origins of the winds, before the blade came to rest in front of her face. Bowing gracefully, En'Aranthea thanked the sla'kar for the gifts of passage and information.

***
When the two men stepped out from behind the tree, En'Aranthea cursed herself for letting her guard down, just that much. She reacted quickly, however, drawing her sword and calling forth the song of the bladesingers and interposing herself between the men and her party. Though she'd not yet mastered the skill to knock a missile from the air with her sword, she knew the Steps to dance in the attempt, and it was in the nature of any bladesinger to be the shield of the party.

Her priority was the lesser armoured ones: Valendara and Varuna, as Tal should be able to defend himself. She saw the bolt nick her cousin, with some small injury, but the battletrance kept her shielded from distracting emotion.

The men did not stay to fight, however, turning and running as soon as the crossbow bolts were loosed. En'Aranthea made no move to follow either of them, knowing to do so would split the party and risk running into an ambush.

"Tal!" She called, incorporating the words into the notes rising from her throat and blade," can your dog bring one of them to bay without killing him? "

OOC: Can't assume Varuna's prayer was answered and that he's called out, so we'll wait and see what the DM rolls for initiative )



Posted on 2007-10-26 at 21:10:59.
Edited on 2007-10-27 at 13:26:20 by Vanadia

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6404 Posts


Attacking!!

Tal moved quickly his sword appearing in his hand as if by magic, his shield set to ward off any attack. Yet the big Paladin was not fast enough as a crossbow bolt nicked him as he moved forward.

“Dog, Attack!!” he shouted knowing the big war dog would back him up against these foes.

For but a moment his thoughts went out to his cousin but having fought beside her a few times already this trip he knew she would be okay. Also he had no worries for the others as they had shown they too could take care of themselves in battle. For now his focus was on the enemies before him as it should be....


Posted on 2007-10-27 at 04:59:54.

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 359/54
6726 Posts


you dirty so-and-so's!

12th Pfier (Fallday), 452 E.R.
Wilderness north of Crall's Shoal, western Antaron

Two two scruffy men break in different directions. Fearing a trap, the two sylvari warriors elect to not persue, though Tal does send Dog after them.

Varuna calls out to Lysora for aid, and the goddess answers - a split second after loosing another bolt (that flies wildly off target), the man finds his limbs stiffened by divine magic, and he is literally frozen in place.

Faster than any human, Dog closes easily in the second attacker... who calmly kneels, takes aim, and buries a crossbow bolt into the charging animal. Dog screams in agony, breaks stride, and tumbles head over heels into a nearby ditch. The assailant doesn't even bother to acknowlege the fact; he simply resumes his all out flight, heedless of Dog, the party, or his companion's plight.

Sorry, folks... you didn't provide enough fodder for me to assume actions beyond the first round.

Dog is not dead, but is critically injured. The first attacked is held firmly by Lysora's power; the second has all but disappeared into the dusk.



Posted on 2007-10-29 at 15:11:13.
Edited on 2007-10-29 at 15:14:23 by t_catt11

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The Healing touch...

Varuna calls out to Lysora for aid, and the goddess answers - a split second after loosing another bolt (that flies wildly off target), the man finds his limbs stiffened by divine magic, and he is literally frozen in place.
“Don’t attack that one, I have him.” Varuna shouts quickly to keep anyone from killing him as he starts forward towards the frozen man.

Faster than any human, Dog closes easily in the second attacker... who calmly kneels, takes aim, and buries a crossbow bolt into the charging animal. Dog screams in agony, breaks stride, and tumbles head over heels into a nearby ditch. The assailant doesn't even bother to acknowledge the fact; he simply resumes his all out flight, heedless of Dog, the party, or his companion's plight.
Varuna saw Dog go down and immediately his course veered towards the downed comrade. Even though he was an animal, he was part of the party and during their travels so far he had come to like the creature. He considered him a member of the party just as much as any of the others and therefore he deserved his help.

“Bind him quickly.” he yelled out to the others as he pointed at the frozen attacker, “We will want to question him.”

Seeing the other man disappear into the distance, Varuna rushes up to Dog and kneels down next to him. Seeing the dog is near death (assuming therefore that he is unconscious) he will quickly slip his healing bag from his shoulder and open it up. Taking out a large piece of cloth, he will take the crossbow bolt in one hand and holding the cloth around the wound he will pull the bolt out and immediately cover the wound with the makeshift bandage and apply pressure.

Closing his eyes he will begin to pray softly, “Lysora, Sacred Mother of us all. Grant this humble servant the power to save this faithful creature’s life. Heal his wound and make him whole again so that he may continue to aid us in your divine mission.” He lays his hand on the wound; calling upon his Goddess to heal the wound and help restore some of the creature’s vitality.

(OOC: Cure Light wounds – Granted Ability. Note: If the Dog is "Conscious" alter above slightly; Varuna will ask Tal to come over and help hold the animal still while he removes the bolt and attempts the healing)



Posted on 2007-10-29 at 19:55:16.

Vanadia
Den Mother
RDI Staff
Karma: 111/12
1188 Posts


A brief lull in the violence, I'm sure

“Bind him quickly,” Varuna called out and pointed at the frozen attacker, “We will want to question him.”

The healer immediately made his way to the fallen Dog and En’Aranthea, seeing there was no way to catch the fleeing attacker, sheathed her sword and made her way to the “held” captive. With a sure touch but no malice or roughness, she searched for weapons, disarming him, before binding his hands behind his back with a bit of rope. She looked at him a moment, thinking, then used a little more rope to hobble his feet, so that he could walk, albeit slowly and with a shuffling gait. Humans did this to their horses, she’d observed, and it seemed effective. They had no desire to carry a bound captive through treacherous swamp.

“You are unharmed?” she asked Valendara quietly, and at the mage’s assent, she turned her attention to the paladin and healer bending over Dog. She remained by the captive, one light hand on his shoulder, but with the immediate crisis past, she could let herself feel concern for the injured animal. “Can you save him?” she asked quietly,” I know not if your goddess holds the younger siblings in as high a regard as we Sylvari do.”

OOC: will need to wait for Varuna’s spell to wear off or be dispelled, so no point in questioning prisoner now. I’m assuming that Ena would have some training to understand this, otherwise, I can edit my post.


Posted on 2007-10-30 at 12:03:18.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6404 Posts


Short post as he is worried only about Dog

His wound, thanks to the crossbow bolt that had somehow hit him, was to him minor in nature and so he did not think anything of it. Having sent Dog out to try and stop the second man from escaping the Sylvari Paladin watched in disbelief as a bolt from the man’s crossbow actually hit the fast moving dog.

Tal’Anor thus seeing his War Dog go down moved quickly reaching the downed animal at almost the same time as Varuna.

“How is he healer, is it bad? If you need it my power of healing is yours to use.”

Tal could only wait on the healers answer in the yea or nay.


Posted on 2007-10-30 at 16:27:14.
Edited on 2007-10-30 at 16:28:13 by TannTalas

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 359/54
6726 Posts


poor doggy

12th Pfier (Fallday), 452 E.R.
Edge of the dunes

Varuna kneels by Dog's side, removes the bolt, and prays for Lysora's aid. Fortunately for the animal, the Sacred Mother holds compassion for all living creatures, and the goddess answers her servant's prayers. In short order, the wound is closed - though the cleric's experienced hands tell him that it is not fully healed.

DM's note: Lysora is the goddess of healing, and thus, will let her gift be used for a good cause on any creature. That being said, she may not appreciate it if you take the gift - which is understood to be intended for intelligent beings - and open up a veterinarian clinic with it.
The second attacker disappears completely into the gathering darkness. Meanwhile, En'aranthea catches up to the first attacker, the man held fast by Lysora's power. The bladesinger efficiently disarms the man of his weapons - the crossbow, a handful of bolts, a slightly rusty scimitar, and a knife with a serrated edge - and ties him fast. A couple of minutes pass, and the rigidity leaves his body.

At first, the man is all bluster and bravado, but after testing his bonds, he quickly realizes that his plight is hopeless.

"Aw right, then" he states. "Me an' Gob are a patrol. Cap'n Markos sends us out reg'lar as clockwork, 'e does. Mork an' Thull run a patrol like us, too." He grins, an unpleasant sight due to missing and greenish teeth. "Cap'n'll have 'em lookin' for you, now, seein' as how I won't be showin' up on time. 'Course, Gob got a good look at the lot of ya, so me mates'll know what to look for."

Apparently feeling there is no point in hiding anything, he continues to talk. "We light the light on the tower at night to get ships to run into the reefs. They sink, we row out, kill any surviviors, and take the loot. Cap'n's a genius... plenty 'o loot, and no need to risk our skin takin' it."

When asked about the residents of the lighthouse, the pirate gives a cruel grin. "Really now, what do you think 'appened to 'em?"

He pointedly looks the bladesinger up and down, a lewd expression on his face. "Tell ya what, luv... 'ow about you come visit me and my mates? I think you'd be right popular with the lads..."





Posted on 2007-10-30 at 17:03:31.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.