The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3984 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members: breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Giddy)LLE - WoT
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by Giddy)ST: Chimera
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by SilentOne)Destiny's Flight
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> To Break A Nation: D&D 3.5
Parent thread: To Break A Nation: D&D 3.5
GM for this game: DemonDavyJones
Players for this game: Loki
    Messages in To Break A Nation: D&D 3.5
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00

DemonDavyJones
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
100 Posts


Intil

Intil Irrigan steps between the two.

"Easy now, let's just set up a watch."


Posted on 2007-10-14 at 23:45:11.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


OK

OK I'll take first watch. Then do an hours prayer then meditate for my 4 hours.
(In this campaign elves can meditate for 4 hours instead of 8 hours sleep can't they)


Posted on 2007-10-15 at 12:44:11.

DemonDavyJones
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
100 Posts


And...

With the watch all set up...

*drum roll*

Nothing happens. James appears to relieve you, saying:

"Don't worry, I won't kill you in your sleep."

OOC: Who thinks I should look for new players for those two who haven't posted since the first page?


Posted on 2007-10-17 at 22:44:45.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Hour of prayer

I take an hour of prayer and keep the same spells prepared.

And I think that that is an excellent idea.


Posted on 2007-10-18 at 18:57:01.

JenthLiadon
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
58 Posts


From the beginning part I

A sinewy miniature man sporting a well tended goatee, wearing black breeches and a black shirt covered by tan leather armor and a shortsword at his hip strolled into camp. The paper that brought him here assigned him to the 7th division B company 3rd battalion. They were known as the Iron Eagles, the best of the best. Which fit with Intil’s record of surpassing the expected. Intil enjoyed the disciplined and chaotic feel of military life, he enjoyed taking calculated risks.

At the moment he was heading for the middle of the camp. where he saw four officers, a human with the symbol of Pelor around his neck, and a mace at his side, an elf with two swords in scabbards on his back, and another human with an axe and a red shield next to him, clearly the leader, writing in a leather book. The head officer finished writing in his journal and rose to address Intil and three others. Intil watched as the others arrived just a little behind him pleased that he was in fact first.

"Here we are then. I was wondering when you would arrive. Maviar will get you familiar with the place. Don't want you getting lost in a battle now, do we?" The CO asked. A question which Intil found slightly degenerating and so he ignored it. The cleric stepped forward, Intil's direct CO.

"My name is Maviar Hendrix, and I will be your commanding officer. First things first, I, and most likely you probably have no idea who each other are. Kindly introduce yourselves, and I hope you're good at remembering the names because you'll have a lot more to learn than that." Maviar is more courteous that the leader.

Intil steps forward, smirking as he notices the others hesitate allowing him to go first. "I am Intil Irrigan, formerly of the 3rd division A company of the 3rd battalion. My specialty is crossbow, though I can use my sword if neccessary and I am effecient in combat against magic-users." Intil steps back in line and listens as the others introduce themselves.

“Now, for the camp itself. I'm going to take you on a little tour of the area, because we'll be stationed here for about 5 days while we wait for reinforcements, and another day's reprive after they arrive." Maviar begins his introduction of the camp and the tour.

"That there is where you will be staying for those 5 days. I'll show you to your tent, which is n the same are as the rest of the men under my command. I'm sure they'll be glad to see reinforcements, we've taken some rather heavy hits lately." He moves toward the bridge motioning for the company to follow. Intil strolls after him carefully ticking mental notes of everything Maviar says and does.

"This bridge is the only place to cross the river that's anywhere near here. I'm rather suprised we haven't been attacked yet. Ahead of the bridge, there, is a forest, as you can see. It stretches about a dozen miles, and we have reason to believe there are numerous squads camped there. That should be about the only thing we have to fear from the woods, the forest itself is rather bright and friendly. To the left, the North, we have the cliffs that this river falls off of, eventually leading to the mountains where it originates. A few miles to the South starts the heavy jungles. Suffice to say we don't want to have to march an army through either side, so this bridge is of the utmost importance." Maviar points out the strategic advantage of the bridge. Intil watches his party carefully while listening, and makes a note to examine the bridge further and in greater detail.
"Night is coming, best get yourselves set up. Your tent is that one," Maviar points to a tent that is in between what appears to be a medical tent and another soldier barracks tent. "In a few hours, someone from another squad will wake you for your watch, in the meantime, I would suggest getting to know each other and the other men and women, most particularly those in the three tents next to yours, two are also under my command, one is the medic and cooks tent. Speaking of cooks, I'm sorry to say that you've arrived too late for dinner, but they should have something left over. I leave you now, do as you wish, but don't stray too far. And-don't set the tents on fire. It may be funny while under the influence of liquor but we don't take kindly to it here." At the mention of diner Intil checks with himself to determine whether or not he’s hungry and decides that he can withstand a few more hours without. Intil opens the tent and walks in. He threw his stuff on the first bed he came to, not bothering to organize it. "I'm going to take a better look at the bridge does anyone want to come with me?"


Posted on 2007-10-23 at 03:50:21.
Edited on 2007-10-23 at 03:52:05 by JenthLiadon

JenthLiadon
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
58 Posts


From the beginning part II

"I'll go with you Intil to check out the bridge and then I will stand first watch." Kelan decided.

“Fine let’s go.” Intil says and walks out. He heads in the direction of the bridge watching the life of the camp, checking to see if anything is out of the ordinary. When he approaches the bridge his attention focuses on the woods across from the bridge as he considers what is waiting for him over there. Then he lets his eyes wander to examine the bridge itself.

The bridge looked steady and well built, not that Intil knew the difference between a well built bridge and a crappy one. It wouldn’t support a well developed phalanx though which meant that crossing it in a fight would be difficult at best especially considering Intil had no shield. He would just have to hope a wizard was casting the proper spell for him to steal. The water under the bridge looked clean, which meant that the enemy was either pissing clear or was down stream. Either way the water should be safe to drink. Closing his eyes Intil brought his mind to focus and sent it across the bridge sensing for magic. (please tell me what the results are) and he scanned the bridge in detail searching for various traps. (again the results please)

As Intil is scanning the water for possible traces of magic or traps the rest of the party joins. Intil turns to them and notices a female elf amongst the party. As most elves are she’s lovely. The sight of her twinges slightly on Intil’s heartstring as memories pass briefly through his mind of the one other elf he knows. “Who are you?” he asks softly.

"I'm a new recruit. I've been assigned to your company, is there anything i can help you with" She replies with confidence.

“Well we have first watch don’t we? We might as well get about it.” Intil says and faces the woods again.

"Can I take the first watch then i can combine it with meditation. Is there anything I should look out for in particular?" The elf states. The idea of a meditative watch wasn’t a good idea to Intil but before he could say so the mage steps up and rudely puts in his say. A say the elf doesn’t appreciate, and since a company would be relying on each other there really wasn’t room for petty arguments. So Intil stepped in the middle.

“Easy now, let's just set up a watch." And following his own advice Intil begins doing just that.

An hour after a new company that Intil recognizes as the neighboring tent arrives to relieve them. Having been relieved Intil walks back to his tent and checks in with himself for anything not tended to. He realizes he hasn’t eaten but concludes he doesn’t need to eat yet. Loosening his sword in its scabbard Intil curls up around his sword and falls to sleep awaiting the next day and the true beginning of working with this new unit.


Posted on 2007-10-23 at 03:51:21.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


In the morn

Once I've waken up from meditation I go to relive whoever is on watch saying
"Go and get your sleep, I'll take over here."


Posted on 2007-10-25 at 05:59:07.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Holly

In the morning after breakfast I go around the camp looking for injured soldiers, offer them healing in exchange for information.


Posted on 2007-10-25 at 19:13:22.

DemonDavyJones
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
100 Posts


Actually

There are no injured soldiers at the moment, but a bigger problem appears. Just after the last watch ends, Maviar points to the forests.

"Look!" He cries hastily.


Posted on 2007-10-26 at 21:23:46.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Holly

I run over and ask
"what is it?" very urgently, and look in the direction that he's pointing.


Posted on 2007-10-27 at 07:04:27.

DemonDavyJones
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
100 Posts


Maviar

Shifting slightly, he points again, where figures clad in green can be seen darting between trees towards the bridge. A moment later, atop the cliff where the river falls down from appears a motely assortment of five archers.

Calling out again, Maviar raises his mace:

"To arms! To-" However, he is rudely interrupted by a volley of arrows, two whizz by him, two deflect off of his armor, and the last he knocks aside with his mace.


Posted on 2007-10-27 at 12:46:23.

JenthLiadon
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
58 Posts


To arms!

"To arms" The cry echoes throughout the camp jolting Intil up. He jumps up donning his armor, thankful that it's only leather armor and nothing heavy or difficult to put on. He doesn't bother straping on his sheath but instead grabs his crossbow and loads a bolt while holding onto a few more for quick and easy loading. It was a trick Intil picked up while talking to a few veterans. Intil was quite fond of his crossbow. It was made of yew as were the bolts Intil preffered. Yew as Intil's father taught him was unlike any other wood; it was strong and sturdy but still surprisingly open to outside influence. That meant to his father that it was receptive to magic, but in the case of the crossbow it meant that while being strong the yew would still fly straight, far, and true; as long as Intil's aim was good. Intil slowly peeked out of the flap to the tent assessing the situation amidst the choas that is an awakening battle. Intil watched as Maviar knocked an arrow from himself. Following the line of fire Intil spotted five archers taking aim at new targets.

Five archers, hardly anything to panic over by themselves but it's what's coming affter that needs considering. Intil thinks to himself I wonder why the enemy would spoil the surprise of their attack in this way
Intil takes careful aim at the nearest archer and fires off a bolt. He then imediately begins to reload.


Posted on 2007-10-27 at 20:17:34.
Edited on 2007-10-27 at 20:25:40 by JenthLiadon

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Holly

I aim at a second archer with my crossbow and take a shot then immediately reload.
"If this was an ambush the archers have blown there cover. But we should be careful they are probably a distraction."


Posted on 2007-10-28 at 07:59:26.
Edited on 2007-10-28 at 08:00:15 by Loki

DemonDavyJones
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
100 Posts


.

Intils yew bolt flies straight and true, smacking into the first archers gut. She bends over, clearly in pain.

Hollys bolt strikes the second archers shoulder, sending him into a spin that causes him to fall off of the short cliff into the river.

The camp begins to awaken, the gnome who Holly first spoke to on arrival jumps up with a heavy crossbow and launches a bolt, which whizzes by the injured archer.

Appearing from the woods are a small group of ten longsword-armed soldiers, running swiftly towards the bridge. Rivindell draws his axe and shield and motions to the men around him to follow him as he counter-charges.

Maviar looks hesitantly to the rear, though he does not see anything.



Posted on 2007-10-28 at 12:00:31.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Holly

I continue to shoot the remaining archers and when there dead I help defend the bridge (If there are any swords-men left)


Posted on 2007-10-28 at 17:18:25.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.