The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3984 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by TannTalas)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Giddy)LLE - WoT Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Giddy)LLE - WoT
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> To Break A Nation: D&D 3.5
Parent thread: To Break A Nation: D&D 3.5
GM for this game: DemonDavyJones
Players for this game: Loki
    Messages in To Break A Nation: D&D 3.5
RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00

DemonDavyJones
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
100 Posts


John Rivindell

The man in charge of the company slowly walks over, untouched from the battle. He roughly picks up the injured man and carries him, depositing him near the embers of the fire.

"Everyone---Pack your things. We're moving forward, the rest of the division will be here within hours and we have been ordered to spearhead a foothold in the forest."

Turning his attention back to the prisoner, he sets his face into a mask of indifference.


Posted on 2007-11-03 at 11:47:28.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Holly

"Do you think that's wise sir." Holly interrupts indignantly.
"We have just been attacked, as you can see, and it would be best if we rested for a night to gather our strength. That is unless the prisoner can tell us of any danger that we are currently threatened with." she says looking at the captured archer.
"We might all be soldiers but we can not be atacked and not have time to rest such as beasts of burden. And I would not even force a beast of burden like this."


Posted on 2007-11-03 at 12:44:43.

DemonDavyJones
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
100 Posts


John

Turning his head, he speaks again.

"I would prefer to rest myself, but for two things. First, a General outranks a Captain so I have no choice in the matter. Second, we just had the luck to be ambushd-poorly-enough so that we should have set back any efforts to hold the forest ahead against us somewhat. We want to knock them back further. Again, but for the brass, I would be resting anyway."

Pausing, he pulls his axe out towards the prisoner and speaks offhand.

"You have your orders."


Posted on 2007-11-03 at 16:40:38.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Holly

I go and tell Kelen and James if they didn't know, explaining about how John has to follow the orders and how he's as displeased with them as we are.
Then I grudgingly pack up my stuff and help pack up camp muttering about how the general should show his face on the front line so he can know what it's like.


Posted on 2007-11-03 at 17:41:46.
Edited on 2007-11-03 at 17:46:27 by Loki

DemonDavyJones
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
100 Posts


?

OOC: Is there anyone else still responding besides TheRealStGeorge?


Posted on 2007-11-05 at 22:27:18.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


sorry

Sorry but if we can't find any more players to join in then I think we will have to give up this adventure.

Don't get me wrong, I like your DMing and I think this is a great game but it needs more players.

Another option instead of trying to get people to play the existing characters is to have people to create new characters and say that they're some of the reinforcements.


Posted on 2007-11-06 at 19:05:25.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


please respond

PLEASE RESPOND
COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND
REPEAT
PLEASE RESPOND


Posted on 2007-11-08 at 16:49:09.

DemonDavyJones
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
100 Posts


D'oh.

Well, it seems the army has dissapeared off the face of the internet.

It happens. Looks like I'll most likely have to shut this down, but I'll post one last time into recruitment to see if I can get a few new characters.


Posted on 2007-11-08 at 18:34:44.

Aardvark
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 6/6
153 Posts


Sorry for the genuine lack of posting

Saiden walks towards James and Holly. His face is burning red. As he looks at the dead bodies around him his face reddens even more. As he reaches them he says while averting his eyes, "You could have woke me!"


Posted on 2007-11-09 at 01:40:30.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Good to have you back Aardvark.

"The call to arms went right around camp." I say in response rather indignantly, but my tone changes swiftly to a politely inquisitive one with "Any way how can you sleep for so long? Us elves only need 4 hours meditation a night and yet humans need 8 and still you took longer. How is it that someone can spend so long of the already brief day asleep."

I then glance around, looking at the campsite, and say "Any way, now your up you can help pack up camp, were expecting reinforcements and when they are here were moving on into the woods. But first eat something, it'll be a long march."


Posted on 2007-11-09 at 13:34:21.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


To greet an army...

Once I've packed up my part of the camp I find a not to precarious log and sit down waiting to greet the reinforcements once they arrive.

I also say to Maviar "I'll be waiting to greet the reinforcements, do you have any messages you wish me to pass on to them when they arrive? Just call for me if you need me through."


Posted on 2007-11-18 at 14:11:43.
Edited on 2007-11-19 at 20:20:04 by Loki

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


reinforcements

Off in the distance you see a motley line of soldiers steadily marching towards your ex-campsite. Once they get closer you can recognize them as the reinforcements sent to join you in the forest.

(Sorry for taking over the DMing but you, DDJ, just weren't posting)


Posted on 2007-11-22 at 22:19:05.

Chunky-Monkey
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 45/12
188 Posts


intro

as the reinforcement's walk in you see a human 5'1" green eyes black hair about shoulder length by his belt are 2 fans.


Posted on 2007-11-23 at 21:46:47.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


greetings

You are greeted by an elf, she stands at 5'1" this elf wears scale mail, carries a Longsword in a sheath at her waist as well as a Crossbow and 3 cartridges lastly she carries a shield on her back.

"Welcome, my name is Hollyonna Loreweaver. You should report to Jon Rivendell, he's our captain but you will probably be assigned to a different company under a different Sergent."


Posted on 2007-11-23 at 21:55:12.

DemonDavyJones
Regular Visitor
Karma: 5/2
100 Posts


Jon

[OOC: Sorry about the delay everyone.]

Jon walks swiftly over, the interrogation complete and a fresh body atop the pyre.

"Hello, what's this? Must be our lucky day."

Sweeping his hand casually around the line of soldiers, he continues.

"Any among you who care to name yourselves?"


Posted on 2007-11-24 at 14:29:59.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.